Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official "Pester the Characters with Questions" Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:07 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Hawkwolf wrote:
(double dip? or Double post?)

Here is a question that goes to Jane, Andrew, Xerox, ntinker (aka the ruler of the negaverse oh benevolent ruler), Jennifer, Dr. Beard, Herr doctor, Dr. Kinestro, Wally AND chicgeek. (There is a reason for the odd choice of names ok)

If you were to build and use a doomsday device (if you are good then assume that you are evil or something), What would it be and do? Something that fits your unique style and personality I mean.

Chicgeek: Hmm. Okay, I don't want to blow up the world, but the question assumes I'm evil. And foolish enough to blow up the place I have all my stuff. Taking that into account-
I admired the emp field that Tanglebox unleashed. One reason I made a personal emp field of my own, when I was driven Mad again during Bluelight.Well, that, and the cryptic hints I'd been given...
Blocking any communications was excellent, but I'd also want it to destroy/render inoperable any electronics. Computers, weapons systems, you get the idea. My own would be shielded, of course.
I'd had several of these in place worldwide, targeted to disable M and any military advanced enough to be a threat first, then spreading beyond them. It's simply amazing what you can do with sufficient control of radio!
While they're still reeling from the damage, phase two is unleashed. The very atmosphere will become highly charged, and explode. Think of it-a wave of lightning scouring the globe! Everything electrified or burned to ash.
Then, the piece de resistance. My first mad invention will be the last the world faces. The earthquake gun. Modified, of course. Anything that's escaped underground will be destroyed as the Earth tears itself apart.
I suppose if I'm evil enough to do that, I'd be cackling madly from the safety of outer space or something while this is going on.
Again, it's a moot point because I'm not a world destroyer. So, does this answer your question, Hawk?

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:51 pm 

Andrew Tinker: Ok, spill. What is your most adorable story about Frederic as a little bun?

Andrew: Hmm... it;s rather hard to narrow it down. But I'd say problably when he was only around a year old. We were at M, and Xerox was working through his birthday- well, somehow Fredric found out, and wandered off... well, we all got in a tizzy trying to find him, and when we did he was in the cafeteria, making a little birthday cake. Ever since then, we've had a part for the Commander~

Eric Tinker: Ok, spill. What is your most adorable story about Andrew Tinker as a little kid?

Eric: It;s less a story, and more a moment. When he was little, he had a hard time staying awake through his bedtime story- and one night he climbed into my lap and sort of stubbonly crossed hsi arms- all tiny and willing himself to stay up... half sleep already. But he made it, and ended up finaly getting to the end.... *smiles* And then he promptly fell asleep just like that.

Tinker Twins (And/or Dr. Mallory): Ok, spill. What is your most adorable story about Eta?

Gamma: *holds up a picture in crayon of Mecha and Spaky, with a purple-haired figure wearinga crown*
Delta: Hmm, Probably when we made the mistake of letting him watch Peter Pan... and when Hook was swallowed by the crocodile, he started clapping his hands and saying he believed in pirates....
Dr. Mallory: Sort of a toss up between when he won the big purple teddy bear at the carnival, and the time he kicked my old collage professor in the shins for me~

Eta: Hypothetically, supposed that a small jade dragon named Desus piled all your toys into one great big hoard and claimed them as his own. How do you deal with the situation?

Eta: Cawfuww negotiations, fowwoed by wrassewin.

Frederic: Magic the Gathering or Yu Gi Oh?

Fredric: Eh, honestly both r; awwright... I;d prolly say Magic th; Gathering, but mostl I preffer th; early cards. Summat about th; art an; sense of story from ;e time is really charmin' for meh. Yu Gi Oh is mostly only fun back 'efore they added in th; GX cards- they;re sorta bland, yanno? But i kinda like e' store game- TCG Calvinball. Ya take bunches a leftover TCG gamepacks, shuffle 'em all into one big deck, an make up e' rules as ya play.

To anyone in the cast who feels like answering: Here's a standard Prisoner's Dilemma situation: You are one of two suspects are arrested by the police. The police have insufficient evidence for a conviction, and, having separated you and your partner, visit each of you to offer the same deal. If one testifies for the prosecution against the other (defects) and the other remains silent (cooperates), the defector goes free and the silent accomplice receives the full 10-year sentence. If both remain silent, both prisoners are sentenced to only six months in jail for a minor charge. If each betrays the other, each receives a five-year sentence. You must choose to betray your partner or to remain silent. You can also assume that your partner would not know about the betrayal before the end of the investigation. What would you do?

Xerox: Demand to talk to my lawyer and have some words with them about innocent until proven guitly, Haebias Corpus, the rights of a witness, the rights of a suspect, and the consequences for arbitrary arrest and detention. If they don;t have enough evidence to convict, then they don;t have the right to be holding anyone, either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:11 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Professor Zobot wrote:
Lagos: Ok, spill. What's your most embarassing story about Wally?

Lagos: Oh... there's so many to choose from! *smiles* Probably would have to say it was the time were in this dystopian future, and-

Wally: *putting his hand over her mouth* Oh, she really doesn't know what she's talking about... obviously... *takes off his hand*

Lagos: -And so the new Flag for the revolution was a pair of boxer shorts!

Professor Zobot wrote:
War: What's your favored method of destroying buildings?

War: Hmm... Nowadays, I'd probably punch the supporting walls in the right spots, and trigger a collapse that way.

Hawkwolf wrote:
If you were to build and use a doomsday device (if you are good then assume that you are evil or something), What would it be and do? Something that fits your unique style and personality I mean.

Wally: Probably something that creates clones of Lagos... I can't think of anything that will destroy the world faster.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:23 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Ok. Some questions for various cast members!

Jane Narbon: If you were to pick an animal that you felt represented you, what animal would you pick?

Jane: Mongoose. They're cunning, good-looking, immune to poisons, and they eat snakes. <3

Professor Zobot wrote:
To anyone in the cast who feels like answering: Here's a standard Prisoner's Dilemma situation: You are one of two suspects are arrested by the police. The police have insufficient evidence for a conviction, and, having separated you and your partner, visit each of you to offer the same deal. If one testifies for the prosecution against the other (defects) and the other remains silent (cooperates), the defector goes free and the silent accomplice receives the full 10-year sentence. If both remain silent, both prisoners are sentenced to only six months in jail for a minor charge. If each betrays the other, each receives a five-year sentence. You must choose to betray your partner or to remain silent. You can also assume that your partner would not know about the betrayal before the end of the investigation. What would you do?

Jane: Remain silent. I can always betray them later, under more trivial circumstances.

Last edited by Jane Narbon on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 pm 

Dr. Beard and/or Mimic:

What is your opinion on the Squiddles? Would Mimic have ever seen the animated show?

SiB: ...Exactly how many of you ARE down there in the firey abyss?

Claire: If given a shiny red button with the sentence "Do not touch" on it, would you touch it?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:49 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

Quote:

Dr. Beard: Hmm... a difficult decision. Perhaps a virus which selectively rewrites the DNA, RNA and enzyme codes of human hosts, transforming them into various hard corals, restoring the reef and destroying humanity simultaneously. ...Actually, it's not such a terrible plan... *scribble scribble* Oh. But if it were a matter of true destruction on a cataclysmic scale, there's no beating a worldwide flood of biblical proportions. With attack lobsters. Just because.

Mimic: *writes out* I am a doomsday device, sort of. I'm just not done growing yet.
Quote:
Dr. Beard and/or Mimic:

What is your opinion on the Squiddles? Would Mimic have ever seen the animated show?

Dr. Beard: I don't care what anyone says, that show is not appropriate for children. Especially cephalopod children. Whoever thought "tangle buddies" was a cute and innocent running theme needs to be given a good biology lecture. And then shot with a harpoon gun.

Mimic: We watched half the first episode together, and then Mom wouldn't let me watch it anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:19 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Claire: If given a shiny red button with the sentence "Do not touch" on it, would you touch it?

Claire: SHINY BUTTON! *attempts to pounce on it, only to find it to be hypothetical* Awwww...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:03 pm 

Hawkwolf wrote:

DR.KINESTRO!(TM): A giant Kinetic cannon to fire at the earth from orbit! And it is already built... I just keep forgetting to launch it...

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:57 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Okay, whole new set!

David Toboz: How long before the good in your soul utterly overwhelms the remaining evil?

Jane: Do you.... [whisper whisper whisper]

Sarcastic: If you could take a cure that would end your Clark Kent syndrome, would you? What about if the cure let you switch the syndrome on and off?

Chic: What is the nature of your control of electricity? You've mentioned you can pull it out of the air— what then?

All: What's your shoe size?

Jane: How do you handle fingerprints?

All Jaegers: What is your favorite style of hat? You too, Chic.

sJane: So how does the mimicking thing work exactly? I'm confused.

Sarcastic: Are you latent? If not, would you like to be?

Baby Grues: What do you do if someone refers to you as Pokemon?

All Mads: Do you have a button in your lair that plays Yakety Sax? If so, what (else) does it do? If not, why?

Cleese: Have you found any female companions? Or Jamaican ones?

Jane: What happened to your missile launcher?

All: How many pairs of clothes and shoes do you own, ignoring duplicates?

All: What would you do to get a flying car? Or, do you already own one?

All: In your domicile/dwelling, who does the dishes?

All: What sport do you feel has qualities that best exemplify your personality? Do you play this sport? Would you like to?
(Note: Chess and anything that does not involve at least an amount of major physical activity does not count.)

All Females: Yaoi fangirl, or no?

Drez: What was the last party you threw, and what was it like? Have you ever thrown a costume party? If so, what was it like?

And, finally:

The Ninja Stylists: Where will you strike next?

Last edited by SoItBegins on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:53 pm 

Quote:
Chic: What is the nature of your control of electricity? You've mentioned you can pull it out of the air— what then?

Oh, a toughie. And something I've always avoided coming up with an answer for! She has always been highly resistant to electricity. I once wrote her having a brief flashback to a time she received a large shock and surprised someone when she was only briefly knocked out. (When she was young, before she underwent the transformation into jaeger).
Usually she does indeed use devices she's invented to control electricity. Well hidden devices. But yes, I've had her toss a little ball of lightning from hand to hand before. I will say that it's in part due to her studies, the Tesla's lost notes she's memorized. And partly a natural ability. Not just jaeger, but Tinker project jaeger, and an unknowing lab rat for the Lopez family on top of that. (Yes, I gave my first character a ridiculously complicated background).
As to how much she understands of her abilities, or if they will be hereditary-who knows? She's not a mad biologist! So I'll leave that up in the air.

Quote:

Chic: 5 1/2.
Jess: What? Like I'd let being the wrong size keep me from owning a pair I like?
Farnsworth: Moot point. Different muscle-skeletal structure/claws means custom made or ill fitting.
Mecha: Clothes are weird...humans wear to to express individuality, right? And as an aid in telling each other apart?

Quote:

Chic: Sigh.....I usually boycot them on general principles. But I find a nice fedora tolerable. Perhaps a little pillbox hat if I'm wearing something vintage, but if that's the case, I'm more likely to wear a hair fascinator instead.
Rolf: Bowler. Black.
Heinrich: Top hat. Black. Is posh, no?
Stephan: Heinrich resembles Harpo more dan Fred Astaire en hees hat. Me, a porkpie hat. Black.
Boris: De niz military cap-like de french officer who vas Rick's friend, in Casablanca? Black.

Quote:
All Mads: Do you have a button in your lair that plays Yakety Sax? If so, what (else) does it do? If not, why?

Kid Atomic: I so do, man. And as to what else it does? *grin* Try it and find out, daddio.
Chic: Um...no. That just encourages wacky running around and hijinks. And with a mechanical attack grove, a giant dog, and a flock of mad pigeons, I've pretty well got that covered.
Penny: I don't have a lair...I live with my parents right now while I'm going to college. Easier than keeping my pets in the dorm, cheaper than an apartment. I have one of the outbuildings made over as a small lab. A real lair will have to wait for a while.

Quote:

Chic: A lot!
Jess: More than the Geek, surprisingly enough. But I do a lot of infiltration.
Kid Atomic: Like I keep count? And is that everything-socks, jammies, the works? Or just stylin' outfits?
Farnsworth: I fail to see what possible revalance that has to...anything, really. I'm no clothes horse, but I own sufficient to my needs.
Penny: A closet full?

Quote:

Kid Atomic: *points* You did see the big sign saying Atomic Motors, right?
Chic: I have a car, it will fly if I want it to, built it myself, usually use the wings, the zepplin, or my gearcycle. Occasionally a car does come in handy.
Jess: Nah....don't need one. If I do I'll lean on Prim or the Kid.
Penny: Wow, that would be fun! Um...find a mad mechanic who needs work from a mad biologist? I sure as heck can't afford one.

Quote:

Chic: Got a device for that! If I didn't....probably me. Mecha's been known to scratch the china, and Sparky likes to lick the plates, and no, that's not good enough, Sparky.
Sparky: But dogs have fewerr germs than people! And what's wrong with it? They'd get clean enough.
Chic: Like I said, she doesn't do the dishes. If Wally and or Rad is over, it depends who's done the cooking that night.
Farnsworth: As a batchelor, I do any required washing up. I do own a dishwasher.
Kid Atomic: I do. If Desdemona's here, I still do. After a day of slingin' java, my lady doesn't have to do anything in the kitchen.

Quote:
All: What sport do you feel has qualities that best exemplify your personality? Do you play this sport? Would you like to?
(Note: Chess and anything that does not involve at least an amount of major physical activity does not count.)

Chic: Calvinball! No, I don't, but I became a fan in collage. Go Redding Tigers! Whoooo!
Jess: *shrugs* I don't know. I've been known to race motorcycles.
Kid Atomic: Yeah, I do the racing myself. But I'd say fencing. Do I? The writer don't want to say.

Quote:

Chic: *blushes* What do you think?
Jess: *grins* That would be telling.
Penny: What? *is whispered to* Oh! You mean...*turns red*Good lord, people ask anything in this thread!
Sparky: I don't read manga. That's a type of manga, right?

Dang, that's a lot of questions! Looking forward to seeing other responses. Yes, I didn't answer for everybody for each one, but this post is longer than Hiawatha as it is. :)

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:59 am 
Heh heh heh.

Quote:
Jane: Do you.... [whisper whisper whisper]

Jane: No, they're all natural. And now, I have to kill you for even thinking that.

Quote:

Jane's Writer: I have not exactly given this much thought.
Jane: About 9-ish.

Quote:
Jane: How do you handle fingerprints?

Jane: I wear gloves.

Quote:
sJane: So how does the mimicking thing work exactly? I'm confused.

sJane: I can mimic anything I can see— but I can't necessarily mimic what it does if I don't know. I could mimic a slot machine, but if I didn't know what the payoff result looked like, I wouldn't be able to mimic a payoff properly. (Y'know, that might not actually be a bad way to make some money....) For mimicking people, it's the same— I can only echo the appearance. However, if I do physical contact, I can get a read on the person and mimic them more effectively. I've found the best strategy is to turn into a chair or something and capture impressions of random people, to use later.

Quote:

Jane: Yes, and it does nothing else— it's too much fun as it is.

Quote:
Jane: What happened to your missile launcher?

Jane: Wouldn't you like to know.

Quote:

Jane: Even ignoring duplicates, my clothing choices are vast beyond number. Why, I could have a new outfit in every scene without too much trouble. The upkeep is rather costly, sadly— but, considering the type of villain my image says I am, what can you do....?

Quote:

Jane: Tinker with a non-flying car, of course. Wait, or did you mean something else?

Quote:

Jane: Me and Ariel trade off. sJane.... doesn't really get along with doing dishes.

Quote:

Jane: I'm looking into roller derby, though I'd have to give it more thought before I actually say it is a sport fit for me. As of now, unaffiliated.

Quote:

Jane: [smirk]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:06 pm 

SoItBegins wrote:
Okay, whole new set!

David Toboz: How long before the good in your soul utterly overwhelms the remaining evil?

David: Wait, what? *raises an eyebrow*

The Shade of Zobot:
*Puts evil shadowy hands over David* I'll handle this one, baka. Ok. I'll grant that I only had a few years of doing evil before the whole Jane/SIB thing kinda caused some setbacks, but they were productive years. David was about 21 when he was introduced into the game, and has been doing good for about 2 years, since he's now 23 thanks to timey-whimy shenanigans. I did evil since I was 16. I've been prolifically evil for a while. So I've got some time. Beyond that, there's the fact that this souls got the weight of murdering my sister on it's hands. *Grouses* I am not going good. And I'm certainly NOT having second thoughts about killing Jane Narbon when I get out of here!

SoItBegins wrote:
Sarcastic: If you could take a cure that would end your Clark Kent syndrome, would you? What about if the cure let you switch the syndrome on and off?

Sarcastic: I don't... I mean, I've never honestly thought about it before... I guess I would like to be a regular person for a bit. I dunno if I'd like to lose the power completely... I kinda like having SOME sort of powers, even if they're annoying. But being able to switch it on or off or not having to worry about it for a while would be nice. I mean, I've never even really been able to enjoy shopping with friends because of the whole "trying on clothes" thing... it'd be a nice change of pace, I think.

SoItBegins wrote:

David: Size Twelves.

Sarcastic: Nines.

Drezebel: Size Ten.

Richard: Size Twelve.

Michael: WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?!? WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING!?! *Eye twitch*

SoItBegins wrote:
Sarcastic: Are you latent? If not, would you like to be?

Sarcastic: Not latent, no. I've been tested, I'm as sane as a... thing that's sane.

SoItBegins wrote:

David: No?

Michael: Yes.

SoItBegins wrote:

Sarcastic: I own 4 distinctly different outfits that I replace every year, including shoes. I have several copies of each one, which I trade out each day. Every week, I pick a new style of outfit. As for the rest of my group, they can be assumed to own many different outfits just in general. But our writer couldn't figure out how to make that funny.

SoItBegins wrote:

David: Yaaaaay! I'd love to have one! Can I buy one for money?

Michael: Interesting. I'd probably make one.

SoItBegins wrote:

David: *Eyes wide* Ack! It was supposed to be so simple! An electronic dishwasher was a smart purchase! I just wanted to make it a little better!

Sarcasatic:
Ok, Boss! No more "improving" appliances!

SoItBegins wrote:

David: Baseball! Everyone tells me it's the countries pasttimes!

Sarcastic: Soccer. I like it fine.

Richard: Martial Arts. That should be obvious.

Drezebel: Rugby. *Grins evilly*

Michael: Calvinball.

SoItBegins wrote:

Sarcastic: Eh? It's ok. When you get down to it it's just another attempt at selling sex, and while that can be fun at times it's nothing worth sqeeing over.

Drezebel: SQUEEEEE!

SoItBegins wrote:
Drez: What was the last party you threw, and what was it like? Have you ever thrown a costume party? If so, what was it like?

Drezebel: *Blushing* Um... err... well... see, I'm kinda a member of a club... well, a society... and well, we have get-togethers every so often, and... well, it was my turn on a weekend when Richard was out of town, so we had a costume gala at the place we were living in back during our Chicago years, and- IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS LEAVE ME ALONE! *Runs off*

Richard: ...I think that's the first time I've ever seen her be secretive about anything. Huh. That's odd.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:10 am 

SoItBegins wrote:

SoItBegins wrote:

SoItBegins wrote:

DR.KINESTRO!(TM) But of course! What lair would be complete without it? It also activates the random mode on the door to door portals. Of course.

Laughingman If by lair you mean my apartment... yeah. Doesn't do anything else though.

SoItBegins wrote:

Demothesis Ignoring duplicates, one.

SoItBegins wrote:

William I made one once... but it ran away from home.

SoItBegins wrote:

DR.KINESTRO!(TM) Dishes? Aren't there peons for that?*looks into dish room of lair*... note so self, hire dish washing peons...

William Rutherfurd, he won't let me near the dishes after I lost focus on the levitation spell that one time.

SoItBegins wrote:

Demothesis Hunting. I wouldn't call what I do playing though.

SoItBegins wrote:

Dr.Causality Yes please.

Pamela u-Uhm... O/////O ...yes...

Diane No. It's a stupid fantasy without practical application.

William She's got a whole box, and I mean a BIG box, under her bed. A couple even had plot.

Diane WILLIAM!

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:44 pm 

Ok, some questions for people:

Demothesis: What was the hardest mission you've ever undertaken?

Eric Tinker: What's the silliest adventure you've ever been on?

Mimic: What's your favorite food?

Anyone who feels like answering: What's a major pet peeve of yours?

Anyone who feels like answering: What's one thing you fear?

The people who originally made Claire: Why did you make her so she won't mutate? Mutation is fuuun!

Any heroes in the cast: What's some advice you'd offer someone new in the field of adventuring?

Anyone who identifies as a villain: What do you feel is a trait that every villain should have?

Anyone in the cast at all: What's a guilty pleasure of yours?

Primary Xerox: What was the previous Commander of M, Commander Brennan, like?

Jess: Do you think any of your kids would inherit your shapeshifting ability?

Jane Narbon: If you were in charge of the world, what's one thing you'd change?

Ariel: What do you do in your spare time?

Any unintroduced characters: If you had the opportunity to say something mysteriously foreshadowy, what would you say?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:26 pm 

SoItBegins wrote:

Lagos: *looks down* Shoes?

Wally: My shoe size is 12, and... I've got twelve pairs of clothes or so, and a couple pairs of shoes...

SoItBegins wrote:

Wally: Oh, definitely... though I'm not sure exactly what else it does. I haven't gotten around to pressing it yet...

Lagos: Actually, it records the whole chase scene, and then erases the memories... and he's pressed it three times already.

Wally: ...Really? Huh... I guess that works.

SoItBegins wrote:

Lagos: Flying Car? We don't need no stinking Car!

SoItBegins wrote:

Wally: Usually me, though War's gotten better at doing it from time to time... and not blowing them up.

Professor Zobot wrote:

Lagos: *Glares* ...Getting called a pet. Or a minion... or anything that implies someone else controls me.

Professor Zobot wrote:

Wally: ...Wiffle bats. Just... don't ask.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Any heroes in the cast: What's some advice you'd offer someone new in the field of adventuring?

Wally: Keep at it? If you keep trying, you should be able to succeed... And don't over extend yourself. Fight what battles you can, and leave the rest to other people.

Professor Zobot wrote:

Wally: Apple pie... Mmmmm...

Lagos: Apple pie... Mmmmmmmm...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:28 am 
Heh heh heh.

Quote:

Jane: People who are given opportunities— even the simplest ones— and don't use them.

Quote:

Jane: I wouldn't say, "going too far." More.... being too far.

Quote:
Anyone who identifies as a villain: What do you feel is a trait that every villain should have?

Jane: Guile.

Quote:

Jane: [blushes a bit] Well, I do enjoy the odd romance novel from time to time... and I'm writing one myself. I need to find someone to do the illustrations...

Quote:
Jane Narbon: If you were in charge of the world, what's one thing you'd change?

Jane: Nothing fancy— maybe add a small plaque in my honor, hidden in some inaccessible back alley somewhere. And then put dozens of fiendish traps around it.
....oh, and if I were in charge, the trains would run on time, and I'd offer free self-defense classes to anyone interested. 'f you're a mere mortal in this universe, you'd need it.
....you know, why stop at just self-defense? You could train people in all sorts of skills. Free (or minimal-cost) education, both academic and vocational. (And, if a few people seem to have the potential to be... talented, it wouldn't hurt to give them special training... and perhaps asking a few favors as the only price.)
....I like this plan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:09 am 

Professor Zobot wrote:

Claire: SHINY! *looks around for the shiny button to press* ...button?

SoItBegins wrote:

Claire: 5? I think?

Jennifer: 10... I'm tall...

Laitu: *holds up a shoe* This big?

Teal: *marks off 2 cm on a ruler* Peep!

SoItBegins wrote:

Jennifer: ...errrr, what's Yakety Sax?

SoItBegins wrote:

Claire: I own two coats... three if you count the boring brown ones... and shirts in a bunch of colors... and I think two pairs of shoes?

Jennifer: ...a lot.

SoItBegins wrote:

Claire: I dunno how to drive...

Jennifer: Wouldn't a teleporter be easier?

Laitu: My motorcycle can ALMOST fly.

Teal: *points to the wind-up-horsie Daddee made her* Peep.

SoItBegins wrote:

Claire: Rutherford... I help sometimes, though...

Laitu: Mommy and I do it!

Jennifer: I usually just avoid using dishes.

SoItBegins wrote:
All: What sport do you feel has qualities that best exemplify your personality? Do you play this sport?
Would you like to? (Note: Chess and anything that does not involve at least an amount of major physical activity does not count.)

Claire: Sports are weird. Apparently in baseball, you aren't even supposed to hit people with the bat! ...I like karate.

Laitu: I like karate too! Weird!

Jennifer: ...you're a slime duplicate. It's unsurprising you're similar. And tag.

SoItBegins wrote:

Jennifer: ....maaaaybe...

Claire: Yup!

Laitu: I think? Mommy won't tell me what it is...

Teal: *baps a yo-yo with her spear* Meep! *is not a fangirl of yo-yos*

Professor Zobot wrote:

Claire: Duds.

Jennifer: ...Claire. Also, being compared to Claire.

Claire: Awww...

Rose's Madness: Not being allowed to play with Claire. Or Jen-Jen. Or Jennifer. or the backup Claire. Or my backup. Or either of the teeny secondary backups.

Rose: Being %$#& Mad.

Burn: Interpol. And their ability to get coffee stains on PDFs.

Teal: Peep. Peep meep. Meep peep meep peep chu. Meep peep meep meep- *ten minute rant in peep*

Professor Zobot wrote:

Claire: KIRBY!

Jennifer: Care Bears... didn't we already do this question?

Teal: Peep peep meep PEEP! ... *draws a picture of a cow, and holds it up* PEEEEEEEP!

Coral: *same as Teal, but with a sheep*

Rose: ...not telling. 3 %$& seconds after I said, that %$#&@#$ Maria would somehow manage to get like 12 of them in my bedroom.

Professor Zobot wrote:
The people who originally made Claire: Why did you make her so she won't mutate? Mutation is fuuun!

Vienna: But if she mutates lots, she won't be Claire anymore! I don't want Claire to go away.

James: I'm not a good enough biologist to mess with Mom's stuff that much...

Professor Zobot wrote:

James: Improvisation.

Eliza: Intelligence.

Jennifer: Evil.

Professor Zobot wrote:

Jennifer: Making cookies.

Laitu: Speeding... I want my motorcycle to go as fast as it can. ...don't tell Daddy.

Claire: Hoarding shinies!

Teal: *pokes the question, confused* Peep?

Professor Zobot wrote:
Any unintroduced characters: If you had the opportunity to say something mysteriously foreshadowy, what would you say?

Pearl: In retrospect, it seems REALLY obvious that the guy teaching advanced weather control might've been the weather-themed supervillain.

Luke: Pattern recognition is apparently not one of my better skills.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Ok, some questions for people:

Chic: Being patronized. Although I don't get that nearly as much since I went mad. *grin*

Kid Atomic: Rudeness. What? Way I see it, if you want some cat to do something, it's counterproductive, if you're layin' the shivers on someone, you ought to be able to manage it without resorting to that. 'Course, if you're facing off against some square that does not know where it's at, you're allowed to dis them.There's different rules for a rightgeous smackdown, you know?
Desdemona: Yeah. Like anyone got that, Eddie. *smile* To translate-disrespect is what usually triggers madness.The whole 'I'll show those fools! How dare they laugh at me?' bit. It stays the surest way to trigger a violent response after madness, too. And rudeness=disrespect. Having a girlfriend who's a barista makes him a bit more aware of manners in general, and less tolerant of rudeness/disrespect. And that bit at the end? He was just saying when you're facing off with a rival or something-especially one not deserving of respect-a certain amount of sneering and rudeness is expected. Mads. *shrugs* I don't pretend to understand them.
Kid Atomic: *raises her hand to his lips* Do you understand you're the ultimate yelp? The berries? Now, if you're done explaining to the half hipped, let's cut out.
Desdemona: *blushes*

Mecha: My pet peeve? People who try to carve their initials on me.

Quote:
Anyone who feels like answering: What's one thing you fear

Chic: Even Wally and Rad don't know that, so I'm certainly not telling you.

Quote:

Minerva: Well, I'm not a hero, precisely, but I am an adventurer. Be prepared, but not so encumbered that you can't outrun rampaging villagers. Or rampaging monsters. Or lava. Don't make the rookie mistake of trying to pack for every contingency.

Quote:

Chic: Smarts.

Quote:

Sparky: *looks left. Looks right* If asked I'll deny this, but...kitty treats are actually pretty tasty.

Quote:
Jess: Do you think any of your kids would inherit your shapeshifting ability?

Jess: I think it's pretty likely, yes.

Quote:

Mr.D: It's the end of the world as you know it....and I feel fine.

Heros and villains. A lot of the cast are obviously one or the other. But we have a lot of cast members who aren't.
Kid Atomic just runs his shop-you don't see him being heroic or villainous. Does that mean he's good deep down, but doesn't want to actively hero? Does that mean he's just affably evil, and hasn't been faced with a threat that would force him to respond in true evil fashion yet? Could be either.
ChicGeek is a member of the friggin' LOV, for pete's sake. And is still reluctant to tag herself a villain. Oh, she probably does now-but you never see her bwahaha'ing and trying to take anything over, or doing anything more evil than going pranking with Jane.
So the question is this-How do you define a hero, and a villain?

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:59 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Demothesis: What was the hardest mission you've ever undertaken?

Demothesis: That's classified. But I can tell you that spending a month crawling slowly enough not to set off a motion detector is very difficult.

Professor Zobot wrote:

AD: Either be very careful about your secret identity or set up very formidable defenses for your friends and family.

Captain Cape: You're never going to know it all, so always be aware of your mistakes and fix them.

Professor Zobot wrote:

DR.KINESTRO!(TM): The good sense to stay out of DR.KINESTRO!(TM)'S way!

Professor Zobot wrote:

Professor Zobot wrote:

PSL: Most martial arts concentrate on turning the opponent's strengths against them. In a broad sense then, I am a martial artist.

AD: @#$% Jane, quit looking through my pockets when I'm unconscious and bleeding on the floor!

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:16 am 

chicgeek wrote:
Heroes and villains. A lot of the cast are obviously one or the other. But we have a lot of cast members who aren't.
Kid Atomic just runs his shop-you don't see him being heroic or villainous. Does that mean he's good deep down, but doesn't want to actively hero? Does that mean he's just affably evil, and hasn't been faced with a threat that would force him to respond in true evil fashion yet? Could be either.
ChicGeek is a member of the friggin' LOV, for pete's sake. And is still reluctant to tag herself a villain. Oh, she probably does now-but you never see her bwahaha'ing and trying to take anything over, or doing anything more evil than going pranking with Jane.

David: *Kinda quiet* I'm... well, I guess I've thought of this a lot. I think a hero isn't anything special; it's just a thing that anyone can be. When you're doing something for someone else, on their behalf, then it seems like you become something more than you were before. When you're helping others; acting on their behalf, or if other people believe in you, then sometimes it seems like you can do more than you ever would have thought you'd have been able to. You find hidden reserves of strength and ability you never thought you had... because you don't want to let them down. I think that's all it is, really. There's nothing supernatural or magical about it... being a hero is just when people believe in you and you won't let them down, no matter what. Ask me in continuity and I'll say the same.

Sarcastic: ...Boss, that's...

Michael: Pretty stupid. I know. *Rolls his eyes*

Sarcastic: That's... that's not what I was going to...

David: I'm not really much of a speaker, I guess it probably does sound really silly. It's just what I believe, though. I'm sorry, I'll shut up about it.

Michael: You do that.

Sarcastic: But I thought it was...

Michael: Everyone knows a hero is just some big muscled oaf defending the status quo because people are too small minded to accept anything they see as Unnatural. Being a villain just means you're wiling to do stuff people generally disapprove of in order to attain your goals. That's really all there is to it. Hmmph.

David: Um, as long as we're asking questions, can I ask one?

Sarcastic:
I think only the writers get to ask the questions, and we're supposed to answer them.

David: Aw, but that's not fair! Hey, all you writer types. I've got a question for all of you! Which of your own characters is your favorite, and which of all the other player's characters is your favorite character that you don't play?

Sarcastic: Boss, I'm not sure we're allowed to do this. It sets a dangerous precedent. And it's awfully meta.

David: Just let 'em answer, if they wanna...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:20 pm 

Hullo David. I think my favorite of my own characters is probably... hmmm. Honestly, I favor Dr. Mallory and the Richards a lot... pity their hayday was before the time of this game. Someday, a thread with the prior generation could be fun, I think~ Like Minerva and wallys parents and that sort of thing...

And another persons character? Hrm. I;d say... maybe Demo, or Claire... or maybe even David himself? Thats hard. But you can ask these things any time, David.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:31 pm 

Hi, David! I think my favorite character to play is probably Claire, or maybe Teal... I do like Vienna and nVienna from a more overall sense, though.

Teal: Peep!

Other people's characters? Hmmm... I do like Eta a lot... and I enjoy the glimpses of nDrezebel we get, possibly because they're just glimpses. Oh, and that Jenn girl who normalizes stuff is fascinating. ...I think my favorite might be Andrew, though. I'm not sure.

Claire: Mysterious voices!

Ummm... wasn't the last mysterious voice your Boss?

Claire: Boss is BOSS. You're a mysterious voice.

I'm your writer...

Claire: Oooooh... you're the one who tries to tell me what to do sometimes, aren't you? I like the other mysterious voices better.

Sigh.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:49 pm 

I had to think about this. There's a difference between 'my favorite of my characters' and 'my favorite character to play'. Tossup between Jess and Chic. Kid Atomic is edging up there, although I've never done a lot with him. I need to establish him as more than just a hep James Dean parody in game eventually. He's more...
Kid Atomic: Yeah, I've been nudging the writer for a while, now. Bout time she caught on I'm more than comic relief, dig?
Chic: Hush, you. Jess and I still edged you out as favorite.
Kid Atomic: Don't get your panties in a twist, sister. It's copacetic. I can wait.

And my favorite of other player's characters? Agh, that's such a hard question! They're all so different. Honestly, with so many interesting characters, it's impossible.
Keeping in mind I don't have one favorite-I like reading about Wallace Caine. And Xerox. And oddly enough, the nega Xerox Xxxy-smart, flamboyant, fun, a smart ass, and you know that there's more to him that you don't see.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:28 pm 

Miss Clay: *pokes the writer* Are you going to answer David?

Writer: I like living though

Miss Clay: What does that mean?

Writer: Meaning you won't like the answer.

Miss Clay: just say it ok.

Writer: Ok. Strangely enough I enjoy playing the Bees and Beth the most.

Miss Clay: Humph I see how it is.

Writer: Other people wise? I have to go with mimic............ and Chicgeek.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:57 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Heros and villains. A lot of the cast are obviously one or the other. But we have a lot of cast members who aren't.

Demothesis: Hero and Villain are the same person seen from different perspectives. A hero is seen as such by the people whose ideals he supports, a villain is seen as such by the people whose ideals he stands against. The two are simply social constructs.

AD: As far as I'm concerned the only discerning difference is body count. A hero doesn't kill, or does so as long as there is another viable option. A villain has no concern for life.

Captain Cape: I have no idea. I just try and keep people safe.

Professor Zobot wrote:
David:Hey, all you writer types. I've got a question for all of you! Which of your own characters is your favorite, and which of all the other player's characters is your favorite character that you don't play?

Demothesis/AD is my favorite because so much of my story revolves around him and he's got a fun, ok not fun for him, back story which keeps everyone guessing all the time.

My favorite amongst the rest of the cast? Hmmmmm... Well Tinker and The Steve help keep Foigran in check, so that's nice... all the Claires are adorable...Wally Chic and Rad are an interesting grouping...The Bee's are a ton of fun...Mimic and Dr.Beard have a very nice dynamits...uhm... pass?

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm 

To all characters whose players have read MSPaint adventures (Sorry, this question probably won't make any sense to anyone else)

So.... Prospit or Derse?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:35 am 

Professor Zobot wrote:
To all characters whose players have read MSPaint adventures (Sorry, this question probably won't make any sense to anyone else)

So.... Prospit or Derse?

Demothesis: Derse.

DR.KINESTRO!(TM): Derse!(Prospit)

Dr.Causality: Prospit (Derse)

AD: Prospit

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:17 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane and all her variants: Derse.

Maria Narbon: Prospit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:33 pm 

The big spat of Exalted stories has spoiled me. I'd like more. But question-leave them here, or copy them to the Exalted art thread? Doesn't really matter, I suppose, we still have Exalted Art on the Mad Arts page.
And the last PTCWQ-about favorite characters and such-has prompted a related question from me.
Everyone, who would you like to read a Tales of Madness about? This is not meant to put any pressure on folks to then write them. Although, if it makes anyone go 'gosh, people are curious about so and so? I'm inspired to write about them now!', I wouldn't complain. :D

For me, I'd like to hear about any older cast member in their younger days, and /or parents of cast members. A teen Dr.Viktor, The Amazing Kanes, you get the idea.
Conversely, tales with future offspring of the cast. Like SIB's Perfects. With it understood that those characters may or may not ever exist, now-but still, so fun!
Negaverse tales. (Okay, I'm seeing a theme here. I do find alternate versions interesting, whether past, future, or extradimensional.)
A tale of Wally and Lagos on their trip through the dimensions.
Commander Bradshaw of Interpol.
Exalted stories of any kind.

Eh, I could go on all day, but you get the idea.

And to pester actual characters with questions-

Everyone: Plaid or polka dot?

Xerox-with so many mads having Moon bases, space ships, ect.. does M have anything like a Space Marine division?

Eustace: You rule Mechanicsburg as the Heterodyne. Is Mechanicsburg just a city, more of a city state like the Vatican, or is it the capitol city of a country? And if the latter one, which county?

Claire: After seeing your Da grumpy from a long day at college, have you ever gone out and bapped the Dean?

NegaZobot: Now that you have Q, what are you going to do with it?

Demothesis: Can you dance?

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:00 am 

chicgeek wrote:
The big spat of Exalted stories has spoiled me. I'd like more. But question-leave them here, or copy them to the Exalted art thread? Doesn't really matter, I suppose, we still have Exalted Art on the Mad Arts page.
And the last PTCWQ-about favorite characters and such-has prompted a related question from me.
Everyone, who would you like to read a Tales of Madness about? This is not meant to put any pressure on folks to then write them. Although, if it makes anyone go 'gosh, people are curious about so and so? I'm inspired to write about them now!', I wouldn't complain. :D

For me, I'd like to hear about any older cast member in their younger days, and /or parents of cast members. A teen Dr.Viktor, The Amazing Kanes, you get the idea.
Conversely, tales with future offspring of the cast. Like SIB's Perfects. With it understood that those characters may or may not ever exist, now-but still, so fun!
Negaverse tales. (Okay, I'm seeing a theme here. I do find alternate versions interesting, whether past, future, or extradimensional.)
A tale of Wally and Lagos on their trip through the dimensions.
Commander Bradshaw of Interpol.
Exalted stories of any kind.

Eh, I could go on all day, but you get the idea.

Personally, I'd like to hear more stories about the Perfects, Minerva and Vladimir's Triplets, Mimic, Eta/Ravel, Teal, Jane Narbon as a kid, and some stuff about Demothesis while he's younger. But that's just me and I'm in a silly mood right now.

I'm curious to find out more about Demothesis in general, actually... and I wanna see what Lagos and War have been up to, and...

Gah. I just love all the MSW characters. It's silly and generic of me, but I do.

As for Bradshaw: I can personally guarentee we'll see more moments of his life further in this chapter. I've been planning on deliberately spacing them out, but trust me, I'm not done with the character yet.

chicgeek wrote:
And to pester actual characters with questions-

Everyone: Plaid or polka dot?

David: Er, plaid, I guess? I haven't really thought about it much.

Sarcastic: If I wear either, you won't recognize it as me anymore, so I'm just gonna say neither.

Michael: Polka dot, but only because I can't choose zig-zag patterns.

chicgeek wrote:
NegaZobot: Now that you have Q, what are you going to do with it?

nZobot: As it so happens, I've thought long and hard about this, and there's really only one thing I need Q for. And after that, I won't ever need him again.

Ok, and now for some questions of my own:

nTinker/nChic: Is there something like Mecha in your general roster of creations? Is there a corresponding version of Sparky?

Maria Narbon: What are some of your favorite inventions?

Wally: Would you rather have a wrench or a screwdriver if you found yourself lacking of any and all tools?

Tinker: Why did you create the first Gazebos? What's the origin story of the Grues?

Dr. Beard: Was Mimic what you made when you first went Mad?

Loki: Do you consider yourself an avatar of Chaos or just a god who enjoys it? Also, what's your son's most embarassing moment that you remember? :twisted:

Claire: I've given you a Shiny colored crayon. What are you gonna draw with it?

And lastly, for anyone who wants to answer:

Those fools laughed at you! They laughed at your genius! What are you going to do about it?

-Xin Yun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next