Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official "Pester the Characters with Questions" Thread!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:48 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Claire wrote:
Jess- Do you have a preferred appearance? Outfit?

Jess- Oddly enough, I usually stick to my standard form. Female, 5'7", slim, short red hair. I'm comfortable in tshirts-a loose T, or a muscle shirt, jeans, and leather boots. I often wear a black duster, sometimes a leather jacket. My dressy outfit is an elegant black suit. And alway, sunglasses. For the record, I hate contact lenses, but have a wide assortment. I always have a few pairs tucked away.
Lately, I've started wearing clothes that are a little more colorful, a little dressier. Sometimes...
I'll switch to something big, brawny, and male for brawling occasionaly. My tall, dark, and handsome male form from Beijing is a sentimental favorite-that one is pretty much me, just male and darker hair. I'm still playing with the upgraded shapeshift. No favorites yet, but being able to add wings or claws or whatever's pretty cool.
Quote:
Farnsworth- What is your negative counterpart like? Have the two of you ever fought over a book?

Farnsworth- My negative counterpart works for NegaTinker. He dresses in armor, with a few modern touches, and never quit going by Gaius Scribonius Dentatus. I don't know how his origin and past differ from my own-I know the alternate version of Minerva brought him forward in time, and that he dispises her, and left to work for the Dictator. I personally feel he's a jerk. But I only met him the once, when Andrew Tinker, Thad, and myself went on that jaunt. He and I were going to fight, but were interrupted, blast it! So, although I believe myself the superior version, I barely know anything about him.
Quote:
Chic- What would you do to someone who stole your technology? What's your favorite invention?

Chic- The clockwork motorcycle-it's so much fun! I would say Mecha, but I didn't invent him. And if someone stole my technology? It would get ugly, fast. That's what pushed me over the brink into madness in the first place, someone stealing my research. That's when I made my first invention, the earthquake gun. I found out later my uncle Ricardo used a lot of my work for his own gain. All the stuff I should have recieved patents on, I didn't-and I was too young to realise it. So, I emptied all his offshore accounts! I don't know why I let him off so easy...If Prim hadn't shortly thereafter arrested him, I would have gone farther.

NegaTinker, did you go mad the same way your alternate did?

Claire, what's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Did you go to your high school prom?

War, do you play WoW? Or any other online games?

Wally, how long before you graduate from college?

Igor, have you ever seen the movie Young Frankenstein?

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:02 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
My next question is for Drezebel.
So... you found out about Dr. Mallory and teh Twin;s 'agreement' allready, right? *is knocked out*

Delta; !@#! writers...

Drezebel: Yeah, but to be prefectly honest, it's kinda mundane. I watched them work on a car for two hours and absolutely nothing happened! I mean, Gamma even got covered in oil and had to change outfits, and absolutely NOTHING happened! *Holds up her hands in frustration* To be prefectly honest, I've never seen a group of three this... tame. Not since that one summer I spent accidentally observing the Wright Anything Talant Agency... *grumbles*

SoItBegins wrote:
The Mysterious, Shadowy Villain of Chapter 15: So, can you eat just one?

Mysterious, Shadowy Villain of Chapter 15: ABSAB! 1000010100101011! Qwerty! -Nope, only two. Always only two!- Nine-ninty twe! Fireballs and ice canons! Mixleflick!

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Question for David!
What do you and Andrew do when you have some time together? That is, for a date?

David: A date? Umm... *thinks* Well, assuming nothing went wrong, i'd probably start by taking Andrew somewhere interesting for dinner, like a Japanese Steakhouse... Then, maybe a walk in the park together, *blushes* with some handholding if he wants, and if they're doing one right now, checking out a play in the park. And if we're out really late, we could watch the sun set... I know this place where the view is amazing, and I'd love to share it with him... of course, if this was the main game, I'd probably be really nervous about him enjoying it the whole time, but here in chat, it's fun to talk about... What about you, Andrew? What would you like to do?

The Writer: Quit being so meta![/quote]

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Question for Drezebel!
What's your favorite pairing, cannon or not, right now?

Professor Zobot wrote:
"I guess... I guess I'm just never gonna be happy again until everyone else is unhappy..." She sniffled. "Wait, that's it! Couples, prepare yourself for Drezebel: DESTROYER OF FANSHIPPINGS!" She turned, grinning deviously. "Now where are Chicy and Wallace..."

Lady Drezebel: *eye twitches* You don't want to ask me that question right now, dearie... *twitch*

Herr Doktor wrote:
For David Toboz: What is it that makes you enjoy being a hero so much? I mean, I never really got the attraction of it... Plus, evil can be a lot of fun!

David: Huh? That's a very strange question... why do I enjoy it? I don't always. I mean, I like fighting, yeah, but to be honest, a lot of the time I'm scared out of my mind. I have to fight some of the worst people I've ever seen, and I always worry that someday something's going to happen that'll martyr me, and I won't come back. But... *blushes* To be honest, I've always been kinda a hero fanboy. Some of the first things I read after I woke up and was taken to Andrew's lab were comic books, (which make this stuff look so cool!) and Andrew himself was so kind... I just felt like I needed to follow in his example, you know?

David: *Sighing* It's a rough job. To be honest, there are days when I wish everyone was kind and nice to each other, so I could just work at my ice cream shop and live quietly, with the occasional explosion. But I guess what you're really asking about is why I hero at all. Well, it kinda has to do with something I read once, just after I woke up in the site of Zobot's old lab. *Rubs his head and looks confused* I... don't really remember where I read it. My memories of the first few days after I woke up are actually kinda fuzzy... I vaguely remember at some point piloting a giant mecha made entirely out of rubble, but that's so crazy it has to be a dream or something. Anyway, the thing I read was called "A Hero's Speech", and it always sorta stuck with me:

I'm going to ask you a very important question:

Do you know what "good" is?

If you are reading this, you probably have a very strong sense of justice. But that is not the same thing. Do you know the difference between "good" and "evil"? It's not the same as what "right" and "wrong" are.

Let me explain it to you.

"Right" is following and upholding the laws, rules, and goals that have been set forth before you. "Wrong" is breaching them. "Evil" is using other people for your own gain. Just as an enemy of justice may hurt many innocent people and lie to others to get to their goal.

It's using "you" to help "me".

Now listen, this is important. "Good", as you might expect, is the opposite of "evil". As "evil" uses others to help itself, "good" is when one person helps another. It is sharing, it is kindness, it is love. Everything that makes life worth living is "good", to some capacity. Fighting, combat, and such things, where the objective is only to destory, is "evil". Don't let anyone ever tell you differently.

But... it would be a far greater "evil" to allow bullies to take what they want from others simply because they have the power to! Fighting to protect what is "good". That is a worthy cause!

David: That's pretty much it. I dunno where I read it, though. I'm not sure it's the sort of thing Andrew would have kept in his house, but... I don't know where else I would have seen it! Anyway, to respond to your question: I do hero work because I want to help people, and because I want to protect them. I don't want anyone to have to suffer, if I can help it. *eyes sparkle with excitement* I wish I had gotten to meet Eric Tinker! I've heard only a little bit about him, but he was supposed to be incredible! I bet he never lost to any bad guys, and he was able to protect everyone!

Sarcastic: You know, come to think of it, you were a lot like this when we were kids, too. You know, before I moved away. What happened? How'd you end up going crazy and evil?

David: I don't really know? *Shrugs* I mean, I can't think of any reason why Zobot would have become so bad...

Richard Toboz: ... *Looks away, closing his eyes*

David: Huh? Is something wrong, Rick?

Richard Toboz: ...Just musing about something.

The Writer: To answer your question with less foreshadowing and stuff, David's a hero fanboy because back in the day when most of the cast was more evil than they are now, I wanted him to serve as a sort of foil to the general attitude of the game. Plus, "Day of the Deranged Do-gooder" just sounded cool.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:11 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Claire wrote:
Lagos- If you could convince Wally to make any modification to you, what would it be? And can you use conventional firearms?
Wally- What modification would you be least likely to give Lagos if she asked for it? What other weapons do you plan on giving her? Or are you done modifying her?

Lagos: Thumbs.

Wally: Thumbs. We actually ended up compromising on this one, and I gave her some nubs, like what panda's have. Believe me, she makes do well enough without them.

Lagos: Yeah, yeah, it'd still be easier if you gave me some. Anyways, while I can use conventional firearms, I prefer to rely on my personal arsenal. I mean, I've got a Uzi attached to my tail! Who needs more than that?

Wally: Oh, I'm sure I'll think of something to give her later on, but for right now, she's pretty set. Besides, she usually comes up with her own ideas for what we're going to add to her, so it all depends on what she thinks of.

chicgeek wrote:
War, do you play WoW? Or any other online games?

War: No... why? Do you think it's something I'd enjoy?

Wally: Oh no! Everybody hide the copies of Starcraft!

chicgeek wrote:
Wally, how long before you graduate from college?

Wally: Um... I suppose it does depend on how lenient my teachers are about Madness related absences, but I believe this is... sometime in my second year? (Does anybody have a good idea of how long it's been since the beginning of the Wars? I know Wally was entering as a sophmore then, but I have no idea what time of year it's supposed to be now, much less what year.) Anyways, it should still be another few years. Then it's time for a PHD!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:48 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Claire, what's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Did you go to your high school prom?

Claire: Hmmm... favorite ice cream flavor... that's tough... chocolate is really tasty, but so's vanilla, especially with caramel, and then there's stuff like cheesecake and bubblegum and all the ones with candy in them are really tasty... but you also have to consider how they go with the toppings and the different types of cone v. bowl, and the variations between brands... *pulls out a crayon and some paper* I guess it would be the mode for all conditions... hmmm... *starts to make a chart*

James: Since Dad's not here, I guess it's my job to do this. *sets a device near Claire, throwing up a force field around her- within the field, she moves extremely quickly*

Eventually...

Claire: Chocolate chip cookie dough. Although-

Jennifer: Next question. Answer the thing about prom.

Claire: What's prom? I don't remember... wait, there was something about a restraining order? Maybe?

Eliza: The school took out a restraining order saying you weren't allowed to go to prom for reasons of keeping the building intact when you got bored 30 seconds in. You just went and blew stuff up all night instead.

Claire: Oh, yeah! I remember that. It was fun! I still don't get the 'prom' thing... I don't think Prim went either, though, but I can't remember why...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:47 pm 

Quote:
Radcliffe- What's the most useful thing you've learned at college? What's your favorite class? How many dorms have you destroyed so far?

Radcliffe: Hmm...t' mos' useful thing? I'd say it was when I learned from Professor Andronicus about archit'ctural standards. It's nawt in the curriculum but tha' was the most useful in dem'lition.

Radcliffe: I ha_n't destroyed any dorms. My college i'nt as used t' mads since it's more norm'l. My roommate tho'...He's 'stroyed two dorms so far-lousy duck-beaver. They stuck me an' 'im together because we're the two weird'st students they got. I try not t' destroy the dorms because it's really nice that they e'en let me go here. Rod tho', 'stroys anything he wants. They won' 'spell him because he plays the "Oh I'ma talkin' platypus an' ever'ones out ta get me." Yeesh.

Quote:
Thaddeus- Don't you get bored, not responding emotionally? Can you turn halfway to wolf, or is it an all-or-nothing? Do you have any tattoos?

Thaddeus: I wouldn't answer this in game, but...no. If I don't give an emotional response then no one will care. And then I don't feel anything when they end up dead...

Writer: He can only really turn full wolf. It's a giant wolf but still an ordinary-ish wolf. Generally I dislike half-wolf werewolves because they always look disgusting in movies and are described nasty in books. Also I generally like to play supernatural things close to how they are traditionally. Half wolves really only became a thing for makeup that could be applied in less than a day, and then some movies got a SFX budget and made disgusting wolf monsters that really gross me out.

Thaddeus: I don't have any tattoos. I've never really felt that they would work out for me. Either they're tough image, ancient tradition, or latest fad. I've never really wanted to get them and I think they'd be out of place on me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:47 am 

Let's see...

Xerox: *beet red* I- hey- you- gah- ha ba da huh wa?! Mar.... *falls against a wall*

Nice. Full incomprehensibility.
Quote:
Zenshitai, what's your favorite food? And also your favorite western food?
What do you want to do here beside play your ds? Why are you staying with Sayasuke, instead of striking off on your own? And how about telling us something embarassing about Saya, while you're at it! Have you met Andrew or Fredric yet? What's your favorite monster in Tinker's menagerie?

Zenshitai: Hot Chinese noodles- and not that sissy tourist stuff, I'm talking about the kind that cures hangovers! Western food? Eh... I haven't had much yet... but I like vanilla ice cream with the red syrup. I'm still new to this time- recall that i was *dead* for several hundred years.

Sayasuke: He just mopes around the house playing video games and reading fashion magazines, usually. He was functionally illiterate as it was, so teaching him to read hi sown damn language has to come before we can start in on English...

Zenshitai: Shut up! Anyways... I have to stay with Sayasuke. He ended my life as I asked him to do, and has now brought me back to life with a fraction of his own. But most importantly, he maintained the shrine to my family, ensuring their peace in the afterlife. For all these reasons, I serve willingly as his servant. Hm... embarrassing? Hah! Easy. If you paint his sheath different colors, he had to shift to match~ I did him up in pink and white- he was ever so pretty.

Saya: ... kill you...

Zen: And I've met Lord Tinker and Usagi-san. I like 'em. Usa-chan puts up a good fight! And Lord Tinker is a much snappier dresser than my *last* lord. I appreciate a proper motif. The baby goblins are my favorite- the little fuzzy things? They like my scent.

Quote:
Cleese- What's your favorite food? Can you taste things you can't absorb? (I fully expect the answer to this to be something along the lines of 'nom', but it's worth a try...)

Cleese: *scribbles answer on paper* 'Cleese like steamy buns best! Cleese taste many thing, but Mama says not to eat moving things. Cleese tries to remember for mama.'
Quote:
Eta- What's your favorite form of arts and crafts? What's the most destruction you've ever caused with a box of crayons and some paper?

Eta: Eta wibe id best when Daddies makka bwaks! Ea c'n stack weaw high, an' eta wiges id best when Mamma an Dada an Papa aw aw habby togddaw.

Luc: How is that arts and crafts?

Delta: Well, for one thing the last block castle is a permanent installment...

Quote:
nTinker- What was your favorite country to take over on your path to world domination? Where's your favorite vacation spot? What's your least favorite part about ruling the world? Do you print your own currency? Does any of it have your or David's face on it?

Nega Tinker: Japan for the results, and the Falkland islands for the satisfaction. (Eat it, Brittan!!) Ah... I would say that I loath the schedule. I really miss spending more time with my loved ones... I try and take as much time as I can, but I still end up away or busy more than I like. And imposing your face upon your ciizenry is a sure sign of a despot. I allow all countries to keep their own currency, only backed on the encompassing government stability. It allows for cultural *and* economic stability.
Quote:
Fredric- How goes the magic research?

Fredric: Fer a mostly unexplored an' difficult study... pre'ey well. Wot oi *really* want, though, is t' get me 'ands on a Magical Girl... or boy. Woteva. I 'ave a theory about emotional resonance they could help me wi'.
Quote:
Zenshitai- How did you first meet Sayasuke? If you could meet any historical figure (that you haven't already met) who would it be? How good do you consider yourself to be at tag?

Zenshitai: In battle, of course. I had been sent to kill him. Ah... I would have liked to meet [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizuki_Shigeru][Shigeru-san/url]. And.... Tag....?

Sayasuke: She means the Demon Game.

Zenshitai: Oh, that. I am the best, obviously.

Quote:
NegaTinker, did you go mad the same way your alternate did?

Nega Tinker: Yes. I will say no more.

Quote:
Igor, have you ever seen the movie Young Frankenstein?

Igor: I have indeed, Mithh. I found it very entertaining- a real delightful romp. And that Igor! Oooh, what a little thparkplug, I mutht thay. Tho thauthy with the young Marthtur- true comedy ith meant to fly in the fathe of tothal convention.

Quote:
What about you, Andrew? What would you like to do?

Andrew: I'd pick a night when Fredric is out with his nice friend Micheal, and the staff is having their little poker night. I'd make us dinner myself, and we could eat it on the couch and watch movies together. Maybe afterward, we could go out in the gardens and just... talk for a while. With each other. *blushes*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:19 am 
Heh heh heh.

Quote:
Have you ever traveled through time? If so, what was the reason for the trip?

Jane: Only as part of my training, for the purpose of (well) training.

Quote:
Jane, do you have any non mad hobbies, like crossword puzzles or something? How did you meet SiB?

Jane: Well, I am writing a romance novel. And as for SiB... well, I used to think I just lived near to him, and decided I was his Nemesis one day. That was before I found out about the mental triggers.

Quote:
What would the ideal vacation consist of for you?

Probably a multi-stop road trip, including at least some time at the beach, in a rugged outback (preferably mountainous) setting, and in an urban environment. Chic would come along, too-- and we could have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:18 am 
Hyperkeeper

Quote:
We know Prime is dead, but have you ever communicated with your other "parent program", Gabriel?

Ariel: No... we've never been very close. Gabriel, though well-meaning, has a strong ('locked') moral compass, acting as a compulsion to do ultimate good, even at risk to self-preservation. If you consider... to use a saying, we do not see eye to eye.

Quote:
SoItBegins- Is their a story behind your name? Will we ever find out your real name? (Or is SoItBegins your full name?)

A Note From the Writer: SoItBegins' full name is SoItBegins. All attempts to uncover a backstory (or, indeed, any historical details) have failed. We think he erased his past.

The Peanut Gallery: (to SiB and Satan) With the loosening of sexual mores Up Here, what's the point in keeping incubi and succubi around?

SiB: Obviously, you've never seen their innate persuasion abilities being used in a non-sexual way. Ever see a succubus negotiate a business contract? I have. She was wearing a completely modest business suit. She didn't use sex appeal as a negotiation tactic. She did walk off with a much better deal than we wanted-- and then turned around and tried to bill Mz. Ruler-Of-All-Hell over there. That didn't end well.

Lady Morningstar: Besides... negotiation or no, there's always a few people who can still be tempted.
And no, it didn't end well. :twisted:

To the main cast: Have you seen the SCP Foundation site yet, and what's your favorite SCP object on it?

altChic: Is there anything you won't do in pursuit of mischief?

Jess: Do you have a dimensional alternate?

Andrew: Since Frederic, you, Chic, etc. form a Nakama, will Jane be added to this now that she's your friend?

Jane: Have you ever thought about working on missions with Xerox?

Xerox: Have you ever thought about hiring Jane for missions?

Chic: Now that you're a Jaeger, will the trait be passed on to your kid(s)?

Saya: You answered my question only partially. What games' soundtracks are your favorites?

Zanshitai: And what are your favorite video games, while we're at it?

And: Cleese: Have you ever seen Flubber, or met the titular blob therefrom?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:47 am 

SoItBegins wrote:
To the main cast: Have you seen the SCP Foundation site yet, and what's your favorite SCP object on it?

Writer- No, not yet-been busy. I plan to rectify that ommision later today.
Quote:
altChic: Is there anything you won't do in pursuit of mischief?

AltChic- There's quite a bit I wouldn't do, actually, but I don't let that get around. It'd be bad for my rep.
*SiB suddenly turns purple, and shrinks to mouse size.* Oh, my. Whatever could have caused that?
Quote:
Jess: Do you have a dimensional alternate?

Jess- Yeah, I understand I do-I've never met her.
Writer- I'm working on a short story right now on how the nega verse version of Jess met Xxxy, inspired by a line Tinker dropped. So I respectfully ask no one use her in a negaverse post until I get a chance to post it? Thanks!
Quote:
Chic: Now that you're a Jaeger, will the trait be passed on to your kid(s)?

Chic: According to my Grandpa, yes. It might have anyway. The jaeger traits were supressed, not erased. And for the record I'm glad there are suddenly so many new offspring in the family. Takes me off the hook! Maybe now Grandfather will quit hinting already!

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Xerox: *beet red* I- hey- you- gah- ha ba da huh wa?! Mar.... *falls against a wall*

Nice. Full incomprehensibility.

Jess- Ha! And that's the cutest thing about him. Now your question is answered.

NegaTinker, you missed part of a question-What is your favorite vacation spot? Or, since you've such a busy schedule, is that why you make your home in Hawaii?
Do you and your husband plan to have children? Did AltChic and Maria and nega version of Jess ever kidnap you and take you on a road trip, like the posi-versions did for Andrew after he was saned? Come to think of it, do you ever go anywhere incognito?

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:46 am 

Cleese- Do you have teeth? Do you form goo-teeth if you want to look threatening (or even more adorable, if that's possible...)? How big are you? (You can nom anything smaller than you, right?)
Andrew- Do you have pictures of any family members in your house? Of whom? Are they photographs, or the big fancy oil paintings, or something else entirely?

Everyone with a lair/base/etc.- What color do you paint your lair? Do different rooms get painted different colors? And what do you usually put on the walls to decorate?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:28 pm 

Claire wrote:
Cleese- Do you have teeth? Do you form goo-teeth if you want to look threatening (or even more adorable, if that's possible...)? How big are you? (You can nom anything smaller than you, right?)

Cleese: Naaaaaaaa *opens his mouth wide, revealing that his mouth is just a sort of rounded hollow inside, that gets dark at the back where a throat would be* Nom! *hops up to a ruler, which shows he;s about seven inches tall, give or take his stretching and bouncing* Nom nom qui! *hops up to a steamed bun that;s smaller than him, happily nomming it*
Claire wrote:
Andrew- Do you have pictures of any family members in your house? Of whom? Are they photographs, or the big fancy oil paintings, or something else entirely?

Andrew: of course. I have a lot of photos up on the mantle piece in the den, and a few in my bedroom in frames. Basically every member *of* my family. And I have an oil painting of Great-Grandmama and Great-Grandfather when they got married, and a painting of Dad and Uncle Ethan and Mom from collage a friend did of them.
Claire wrote:
Everyone with a lair/base/etc.- What color do you paint your lair? Do different rooms get painted different colors? And what do you usually put on the walls to decorate?

Andrew: I maintain a warm thematic thought the house- mostly tasteful wallpaper, although the kitchen was painted a tasteful almond-bread color.

Fredric: Th' lab started *out* grey an' blue, but now it's more... multi colored. Wot wi' th' explosions...

chicgeek wrote:
NegaTinker, you missed part of a question-What is your favorite vacation spot? Or, since you've such a busy schedule, is that why you make your home in Hawaii?
Do you and your husband plan to have children? Did AltChic and Maria and nega version of Jess ever kidnap you and take you on a road trip, like the posi-versions did for Andrew after he was saned? Come to think of it, do you ever go anywhere incognito?

Nega Tinker: ... one moment. *scribbles down some notes* I don't have much time for vacations- as you said, my Hawaiian home helps make that less stressful. And frankly? I vacation in the Posi-verse. And sadly no- but my cousin does force me to take breaks from work sometimes, with dear Jeffe- and I have a restraining order against Maria. I do travel incognito sometimes, although it;s proven very difficult... *sighs* honestly, I really *should* take a vacation. Maybe somewhere quiet... with bears to fight in case I start missing work.

SoItBegins wrote:
Andrew: Since Frederic, you, Chic, etc. form a Nakama, will Jane be added to this now that she's your friend?

Andrew: ...I'm not sure. I think lately, that she probably is now that we have an Honesty Clause in our relationship.
SoItBegins wrote:
Xerox: Have you ever thought about hiring Jane for missions?

Xerox: I have, but I can't. She'd have to allready be hired as a Non Feild agent just for me to even *think* about it. It;s a politics thing- same reason Harp and Wicket are non-field.
SoItBegins wrote:
Saya: You answered my question only partially. What games' soundtracks are your favorites?

Saya:.... Mother 3, Okami... and lately I rather enjoy the soundtrack for the upcoming Princess DV Game. I got into the Beta Testing.
SoItBegins wrote:
Zanshitai: And what are your favorite video games, while we're at it?

Zenshitai: ...I;ve only been here for a few weeks. You know that, right? But I like Ace Attourney, and Cooking Mama right now. And the game with the animals and the houses...
SoItBegins wrote:
And: Cleese: Have you ever seen Flubber, or met the titular blob therefrom?

Fredric: NO. That movie'd be a bad influence on th' fella, an oi dun need any a' that.

Luc: Just for the trivia, Cleese's design is based of of the Jellys from http://unicornjelly.com/, a brilliant little comic I stumbled on at age 13. It's a sprawling, heartrending sci-fi epic that was all drawn with a mouse. It inspired m to be couragous in my writing- to not balk at writing out as much of the universe as I wanted, from the gravity to the characters life-spans. Like a lot of Sci-Fi, it can be pretentious, and a little Anvlicious... and *super* intensive, but if you can deal with that, I highly recommend it *and* it's semi-sequels. *coughs, blushing from teh fan-boy ness* Bringing this back to topic....

Sarcastic! Do you read Andrew's Manga, and would you do some voice-acting if/when he asks you?

Ariel! What do you, as an AI-American, think of Xerox's special 'talent' in creating AI?

Farnsworth! Would you considering befriending your 'rival', The Library?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:05 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Farnsworth! Would you considering befriending your 'rival', The Library?

Farnsworth- I did call to offer my assistance after some hooligans released grammarsites there. And he refused to believe I wasn't involved, and...the conversation went downhill from there. The two schools were at war at the time, true, but I would never commit such a crime.

Writer- True. I have this mental image of Minerva, relaxing with a dvd of League of Extrodinary Gentlemen. The get to the scene where Dorian Gray's library is blown to smithereens, papers flying everwhere-and she presses her face against Vladimer, shuddering-"Tell me when it's safe to look!"
So, I wonder-ICU Library/Librarian-did you know Minerva?

Claire wrote:

Chic- I do indeed use different colors! The hanger bay/garage is a nice sky blue, the bedroom is a lovely warm peach. There's so many rooms I can indulge in different colors. And yes, a lot of walls have gears on them-but only I know what's decorative, what's an integral part of the defenses, and what's both. I'm still decorating-I get so busy inventing, I put off working on that. But the library does have a nice Art Nouveau feel.

Xerox- Chic is a freelancer for M-she makes tech for you. Would you ever send her on a mission?

And Xerox, again-You got your car after you were promoted. But you're a computer guy, not a mechanic-did you buy it from Kid Atomic, by any chance?

Topping Machine-Is it true you've landed a starring role in a new horror flick?

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am 

Quote:
So, I wonder-ICU Library/Librarian-did you know Minerva?

Librarian: Yes. I have managed to boast a collection of tomes even she was unable to acquire, mostly left over from my old jobs. She would often come here to read them at her leisure. And before I am queried... you don't think that I have spent my whole life just being the ICU library, do you? Mind you, I am still rather young...

Quote:
Xerox- Chic is a freelancer for M-she makes tech for you. Would you ever send her on a mission?

Xerox: Sure. I would just need her to sign the proper paperwork saying that she's willing to do Field Work. We don't kind around with Field Work around here. But I certainly wouldn't mind having her along next time Dr. Windup skips his parole.

Quote:
And Xerox, again-You got your car after you were promoted. But you're a computer guy, not a mechanic-did you buy it from Kid Atomic, by any chance?

Xerox: Hey hey hey hey hey! Who says I'm not a mechanic! It might not be the focus of my SMRD derived skill set, but I can still be a damn mechanic. My Dad's been teaching me how to work a car since I was eleven.

Luc: As such, Computers are his primary skill, Paperwork his secondary, and Mechanics his third. Third place is nothing to scoff at...

Xerox: And my Car is the Das Vadanya, aka Rasputin, aka Natasha. I bought it at a Russian auction, and my paycheck after getting promoted was spent on working on her. She was made back in the USSR, when you got paid for net weight output. Before I got her, Das Vadanya couldn't so much as roll down a hill. But now? Two tons of soviet-built steel, enough horsepower to move the Himalayas, full leather interior, a command module, and four wheel drive tight enough to take you up a wall. Blues Brothers can't touch this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:08 pm 

Dr Mallory- What, exactly, does Eta look like? Was his appearance intentional, or did you just recombine the DNA at random? Did you select for anything non-appearance related?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:45 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Topping Machine-Is it true you've landed a starring role in a new horror flick?

Automatic Toppings Machine: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnd! Click! Click! Click! Whirrrrrrrr....

David: I have absolutely no idea what it's saying! *As the Toppings Machine lunges for David* AUGH! *It falls on him, making him vanish*

The Writer: Yikes... probably one of the only things he really fears is that machine... Uh... due to David being kidnapped by an evil organization of evil bad guys with their hands dabbled in many sinister soups, he's unavailable for any questions right now. However, I open up any of the bad guys of this chapter as available to answer any questions you have about stuff. (They might lie, though...)

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Sarcastic! Do you read Andrew's Manga, and would you do some voice-acting if/when he asks you?

Sarcastic: I've read it. Magical girl stuff isn't really my thing, but it was interesting and I knew the author, so I checked it out. Seriously though... what is up with the Magical Girl genre? Do these artists and writers really believe that we need to dress up in some weird skimpy get-up just because of our gender? Let's play a little game. Do a google images search for Cardcaptor Sakura. If you can find even ONE image of her not wearing a dress or a skirt (Which would be relentlessly impractical for fighting whatever it is she's fighting on this day of the week) then I'll give you a cookie.

Sarcastic: And as for the Sailor Scouts? Those girls must be freezing wearing just that! Granted, I'm not against the idea of magical girl anime/manga. Heck, back when *I* was a magical girl-

Michael:
Wait, what?

Sarcastic: Don't get your hopes up. It was only for a week, and then they kicked me out of the team and gave my magical transformation bangle-thingie to someone else. Anyways, just once I'd like to see one where the characters use actual weapons and stuff, rather than stock footage attacks and fashion accessories as weapons. Anyways, I'm rambling. Sure, I'd be fine with doing voicework. Let me know when it's convenient for you.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:34 pm 

Andrew: Sakura Kinomoto wears pants in the special Movie where she goes to China, and can be seen wearing them in a few breif scenes in the manga. She wears dresses because she's Tomoyo's little dress-up doll. But why, may I ask, CAN'T girls wear skirts? I admit, it's a hack cliche at times, but so is any assumption that girl's *have* to wear pants to be strong characters. Magical Girl series are daydreams for young girls, who wish to become heroes. As such, it's the idea of being strong *and* idealistically girlish. And I find the notion of not having to sacrifice one for the other refreshing. Besides, at least they're wearing damned *clothing*, instead of-(RANT DELETED FOR SOME RUDE THINGS SAID ABOUT SPANDEX)
But anyways, Princess DV dosn't always wear a skirt, if that helps. The costume changes based on contextual feedback from her subconscious imprint. At first she looked like a magical girl because of that manga she found back in chapter two- you may recall the 'default' costume is just a sort of grey body armor. Oh, and come by next Saturday...

Claire wrote:
Dr Mallory- What, exactly, does Eta look like? Was his appearance intentional, or did you just recombine the DNA at random? Did you select for anything non-appearance related?

Dr. Mallory: Eta has blackish-brown hair like mine, currently kept in a little 'bob' cut for the moment. It shines slightly purple in the sunlight, and may change color when he is older. His skin is pale, and he freckles under the sun. One eye is brown (mine), and the other is blue (Tinkers). He is of average size and shape for a boy his age, if a little overly strong, has cute little fangs, and tends to dress in deep colors. *checks some notes*
Mmm, not really... I let his personality develop as it would. Realy, teh Tinker Genes did most of my work for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Andrew: Sakura Kinomoto wears pants in the special Movie where she goes to China, and can be seen wearing them in a few breif scenes in the manga. She wears dresses because she's Tomoyo's little dress-up doll. But why, may I ask, CAN'T girls wear skirts? I admit, it's a hack cliche at times, but so is any assumption that girl's *have* to wear pants to be strong characters. Magical Girl series are daydreams for young girls, who wish to become heroes. As such, it's the idea of being strong *and* idealistically girlish. And I find the notion of not having to sacrifice one for the other refreshing. Besides, at least they're wearing damned *clothing*, instead of-(RANT DELETED FOR SOME RUDE THINGS SAID ABOUT SPANDEX)
But anyways, Princess DV dosn't always wear a skirt, if that helps. The costume changes based on contextual feedback from her subconscious imprint. At first she looked like a magical girl because of that manga she found back in chapter two- you may recall the 'default' costume is just a sort of grey body armor. Oh, and come by next Saturday...

Sarcastic: We're not going to do this usually in the Question and Answer segment, but right now I feel the need to get in a response to this. First of all, I don't have a grudge against Magical Girl shows. As you pointed out, Tinker, they're for young girls, and being a mature, 19 year old female, I'm not exactly the target audience. And there's nothing wrong with being a strong female character and being idealistically girlish. But wearing a skirt when one is in a fight can be a bit impractical. If the skirt is too long it can get tangled or slow you down or inhibit movement in some way... if it's too puffy it can get caught on stuff... and if it's too short, you, uh, risk exposing yourself. Especially since it seems like Magical girls are flying or jumping around or spinning and stuff all the time.

Sarcastic: Granted, I agree with you about the Spandex thing. The fantasy genre's not much better... there's still to this day an emphasis on "Chainmail bikini" things in a lot of fantasy game and book artwork. What girl would go adventuring in her underwear? Or, for that matter, wear underwear that would chafe like that? As far as Magical girl stuff goes, though... I'll cede the point to you, but my argument about skirts still stands. For looks at Magical girl stuff that I think is fairly interesting for the genre as a whole, take a look at Angel Moxie (which I got into when Jane linked to it a while back) or Lady Star (Which earns points with me for looking awesome AND cute, as well as lacking mystical justice lipstick.)

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:38 pm 

SoItBegins wrote:

DAAARRRRN YOOOU! I spent half the night reading that thing one time... it was fun, but still. My favorite would probably have to be Cassy, or SCP-085. She's interesting, but less likely to rip my face off than most of them on there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:39 am 

Ok... one last post before I vanish for a bit.

SiB: exactly how many OF you are down there in the fiery bowels of the abyss?

Jane: Have you ever considered making a "Confusion grenade"?

Jennifer: What do you think you'd be doing in a universe without Claire in it?

Frederic, Tinker, Janitor, Claire, and Herr Doktor: What are your favorite and least favorite foods?

Sparky: Do you prefer fetching balls, sticks, or frisbees?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:53 am 

Herr: Hmmm, I'd haveto say that my least favorite fod is cabbage, because of an...inedent, when I was in Germany. *Screen cuts to Herr Dressed as a cabbage at the Berlin cabbage fest* Buy zome cabbege! It iz delicious! *Returns to present* And his favorite is a nie grilled steak with a baked potato.

Xerox: Do you ever do your filework with a typewriter, for reasons of nostalgia or posterity, or just beacause Lemon decided to make your life a lot tougher?

Chic: Do you ever take you clockwork bike out for a spin wit people who ride 'normal' bikes? Or do you prefer the lone wolf thing?

Jennifer: Does Claire's love of explosions come from an event in her childhood?

Claire: What is the most damage you have caused with art suppies?

Eta: If there was ever someone cuter than you, what would their punishment be?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:11 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Jennifer: What do you think you'd be doing in a universe without Claire in it?

Jennifer: The same thing-

Isaac: You do every night? Try to take over the world?

Jennifer: No. Shush. Anyway, pretty much the same thing I do now, except Anson'd probably yell at me a lot more, instead of being overprotective of me. Oh, and I would've gone Mad differently, too... so I'd probably be more traumatized by whatever it was... I might be working in a different field, but probably not. And I'd play teleporter tag a lot less. Oh, yeah- and I'd be playing the 'take over the world' game versus Interpol, instead of against my cousins, and we wouldn't be playing with Michael at all.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Frederic, Tinker, Janitor, Claire, and Herr Doktor: What are your favorite and least favorite foods?

Claire: My favorite food is... hmmm... I like mouse a lot, but ice cream's really tasty, too... and candy in general... I think I'd have to say sushi, though. It's fish and I'm allowed to eat it without waiting for it to be cooked! *purrs* Least favorite is probably salad. I can't figure out how to make it or eat it or why it's supposed to be tasty.

Jennifer: I thought your least favorite food was marshmallow.

Claire: That's not food! It's nasty and gooey and-

Jennifer: Ok, I get it! I get it!

Herr Doktor wrote:
Jennifer: Does Claire's love of explosions come from an event in her childhood?

Jennifer: What? I'm sorry, I don't really understand the question... Everyone loves explosions, right?

Herr Doktor wrote:
Claire: What is the most damage you have caused with art supplies?

Claire: I dunno... There was the time I took out half the town with the model train set... or the incident where I accidentally opened a portal to the beyond with the paint set... or the time we had to torch the building after the oragami incident... and I think that one thing I made out of clay ended up warping space-time into something purple, but I'm not sure what (Grandpa got rid of it for me)... I think those were some of the worst. Did I answer the question? Can I have a cookie?

Jennifer: Uh... sure. *hands Claire a cookie*

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:58 pm 

Claire wrote:
Janet- You have an orange juice container, an empty mechanical pencil, some candy wrappers, and an old toothbrush. What do you make? How important is the type of candy wrapper? How does it change if it's a milk carton instead of an orange juice container?

Janitor: Ooooh. I'd say an automatic sweeper-bot. I could use one of those. Candy wrapper type isn't that important, but size is. The 'fun size' wrappers would mean smoother movement, but the larger wrappers would mean extra material just in case, not to mention the possibility of three-hundred-sixty degree turns. A milk carton would be preferable to an orange juice container, but if I were going to upgrade to a Sweep-the-Area-with-a-Machine-Gun-bot, a milk carton'd allow me to easily make those changes.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Janitor: My favorite food... mm, anything breakfasty and served hot. Pancakes are best, but sausages, eggs, bacon, ham, hash browns - it's all good! My least favorite food is guacamole. Blech. Mom apparently didn't pass on the avocado-loving gene.

Chic - What was the last song to make you cry? Your favorite song for a karaoke round?
Claire - What would the police need to keep you in jail? (Assume they've somehow found the necessary courage.)
Herr Doktor - How do you like your steak?

"It sure is, my little echinoid. It sure is."
"No. I mean, literally. That's fictional."
"Whatever."
~ Friendly Hostility

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:41 pm 

JanetTor wrote:
Claire - What would the police need to keep you in jail? (Assume they've somehow found the necessary courage.)

Claire: Well, to keep me anyway they'd need a grounding bracelet, they'd have to take away all my explosives *whimper* and put me in a REALLY sturdy cell, either completely sealed or with a really fancy lock I couldn't bypass (I'm not sure how they'd do that) and find some way to restrain me whenever they tried to open the door. Plus the door would have to be firmly attached so I couldn't remove it, and everything would have to be made of something that could withstand extreme acid, base, heat, cold, erosion, hammers... you get the idea. Or I suppose they could just give me a ball of titanium yarn and then take a coffee break. That seems to work fairly well, too. Curse you, yarn... I'll get you next time!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:58 pm 

Various members of Claire's family: What sorts of hobbies do you have, in your spare, not-Mad-Sciencing-time?

Janitor: Your preference: Brooms or mops?

Edgar: What ever came of you taking a blood sample from Sahara in order to study her physical composition?

Andrew Tinker: If you weren't an English Professor, what other vocation would you want to be?

Thaddeus Guy: What is one of the hardest things you've ever had to do as a hench? (I don't mean emotionally hard, I mean physically or mentally challenging to you)

Anyone in the cast who is interested: Here's a Psychological exercise: 1.You are both traveling along a path... what does your path look like/what sort of scenery is there surrounding you?

2. Along the path, you find a key laying on the road. What does the key look like to you?

3. As you keep walking, you see a bear on the path, standing directly in your way. It's growling at you. What do you do?

4. Further down the path, you pass a smaller side-trail, with a sign that tells you where it goes. What does the sign say, and do you take the side-trail?

5. Continuing down your hike, you enter into a clearing. What's in the clearing/What does the clearing look like to you?

6. Finally, you reach a body of water. What sort of body of water have you reached, and do you do anything there?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:14 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Various members of Claire's family: What sorts of hobbies do you have, in your spare, not-Mad-Sciencing-time?

Edgar: I do origami and read a lot. And I cook.

Neal: For a certain value of 'cook.' Yuck. I read and right now I'm trying to learn some weather control.

Jennifer: Research! And target practice and fighting and stuff.

Edgar: Wait, does 'brawling with family' count as a hobby?

James: I can cook! And I explore random parallel universes with Eliza on my days off.

Eliza: I think the massive surveillence thing I have set up is a hobby, really...

Arthur: I raise kids. Who seem to make a hobby of annoying me.

Code: I annoy Dad!

Anson: I fight with Steven. And experiment with random things not related to my current research.

Isaac: I help run the Russian government. Or at least I *did,* until someone moved it to the Nega-verse... now I'm hoping whoever it is just moves it back before nTinker gets really ticked off...

Professor Zobot wrote:

Edgar: I have to wait until Claire turns Khan into a human, and then he gets turned back, and *then* I can take the blood sample. Either that or I'll just steal it one of these days. Maybe when someone figures out what's wonky with the teleporters.

Claire: I've been busy!

Professor Zobot wrote:
Anyone in the cast who is interested: Here's a Psychological exercise: 1.You are both traveling along a path... what does your path look like/what sort of scenery is there surrounding you?

2. Along the path, you find a key laying on the road. What does the key look like to you?

3. As you keep walking, you see a bear on the path, standing directly in your way. It's growling at you. What do you do?

4. Further down the path, you pass a smaller side-trail, with a sign that tells you where it goes. What does the sign say, and do you take the side-trail?

5. Continuing down your hike, you enter into a clearing. What's in the clearing/What does the clearing look like to you?

6. Finally, you reach a body of water. What sort of body of water have you reached, and do you do anything there?

Claire: Uhh...

Jennifer: *hands Claire a list of the questions* Here. Go.

Claire: Thanks! *vanishes*

Claire: *reappearing* Ok, so the path was bricks made of copper, and on either side of the path were these big trees that were also made of copper, and they had fruits that were explosives. Every now and then there would be lightning, and I could see the sparks jump where the bricks weren't quite touching. There were a couple of big craters where parts of the road had blasted away, and underneath it was the sandy soil that turns to glass when there's lightning or a hot enough explosion. The key was an old iron one- one of the ones bigger than my hand- but it had all these detailed groves in the teeth, so it must've actually been to a pretty good lock. It had the letters 'XT' stamped on the handle. The sign said 'ice cream' but there wasn't much lightning that way, and the bricks changed to plastic, so I stayed on the main road. The clearing was a new crater- like one of the lightning bolts had hit a tree with too many explosives and it had just blasted away a clearing. I kept going, and there was this little pond off to one side- strange, because there wasn't any water anywhere else. I pried up a brick and dropped it in the pond, and this big fish- almost as big as the pond- jumped out and snapped at my hand. I dropped another brick in, and then grabbed the fish and ate it. It was tasty. Then I came back.

Jennifer: ...that was your subconscious?

Claire: Nah, that was a random universe a bit that way. *not pointing* I might go back some time to see what kind of ice cream it is, though.

EDIT-

Jennifer: Hey, you forgot the bit about the bear.

Claire: What bear?

Jennifer: It was one of the questions. You saw a bear, what did you do?

Claire: But I didn't see a bear. There weren't any bears. I'm confused...

Spam Poison. I think.

Last edited by Kate on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:13 pm 

Quote:

Fredric: Dim Sum, a' course. By which oi mean antyhin' steamed an' Chinese. Oi loik th' authentic stuff, too- folk don' appreciate a decent bit 'a tripe. Least favorite? Concrete. Bleh. Th' stuff taste wretched, an' ya end u brushin' out grainy bits for months.

Andrew: Red velvet cake, served with glazed strawberries in syrup, plied with thick whipping cream, and frosted with real buttercreme. Least favorite... orchid. It always gives me this creepy feeling.

Eric: See?! I told you he'd notice!

Katty: Oh, dry up you sissy. So my hand slipped... you;d only notice on account of the way he smells. Helps him blend in in a forest.

Quote:
nyone in the cast who is interested: Here's a Psychological exercise:
1.You are both traveling along a path... what does your path look like/what sort of scenery is there surrounding you?

Xerox: Eh, I;ll give it a shot. The path is stone, grey slabs fit tightly together worn from years of weather. It's winding through a grassy feild, stretching out into the horizion but for a few trees, in a cluster around a river.

Quote:

Xerox: Victorian iron, thick and heavy.

Quote:

Xerox: He's just hungry- but like hell I'm handing over my food! This is where Pappy X's special Bear Wresting techniques come in...

Quote:

Xerox: It goes to the swimming hole formed by the river, cool and clear and shaded by the trees. I'll go there- not much else out here.

Quote:

Xerox: The path would be dirt now, just a way through the tall grass. The clearing is a wide patch of shorter grass and soft dirt, cradled by a old, twisted apple tree. Kids come through here plenty, so it's been picked over since the first green apples showed, but there's be at least a few ripe fruits left here, and the tree's roots are fine and calming to sit on.

Quote:

Xerox: The river winds through the wide open prairie, lined by tall willow trees. Here it widens and dallies in the roots of the trees, deep and clear. Little fish sparkles and glint in the deep water, and flowers coat the banks with a soft fragrance. Here I'd while away the heat of the afternoon, under the green leaves and the eternal sky.

(Note: I diddn't read this all the way through before I wrote it up for Xerox- the 'side road' and the Water matching up were a spooky coincidence.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:28 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Sparky: Do you prefer fetching balls, sticks, or frisbees?

Sparky-Sticks. My fangs tend to puncture balls, although a nice bouncy ball that's solid rubber, and not tiny enough to get caught in my throat when I pick it up is loads of fun! Frisbee's okay, but a good breeze can carry one out of reach, and my running's better than my leaping. Besides, if you can't find the stick that was thrown, you just grab another one. The humans never catch on to that. Of course, nothing beats a good old fashioned game of chase the cat!

Professor Zobot wrote:
Anyone in the cast who is interested: Here's a Psychological exercise:1.You are both traveling along a path... what does your path look like/what sort of scenery is there surrounding you?

Hmm...you are 'both' travelling along a path? Typo, or who is my subconcious walking with? For fun, I'll say the latter. I'm with Andrew. My path is a city sidewalk, and I'm surrounded by funky little shops and restaurants, some bright, some mysterious looking. There's trees planted every so often, windowboxes and planters of various flora, also.

Quote:

It's silver, and filigreed, detailed alhough it's small.

Quote:

Growl back at it! If it continues aggressive, I'll bop it on the nose. If if runs away, let it. If I've confused it, I'll feed it some pastry.

Quote:

The sign says Rosamund Alley. I look down it, curious, and plan to take that turn another time.

Quote:

It's a park! It's a small grassy area surrounded by trees. There's a wrought iron bench, and a small creek.

Quote:

The creek has become a small waterfall, tumbling over rocks to make a small pool. I sit down and get comfortable, and pick up stones to hold, or look at. A few go in my pocket. Mainly, I listen to the water, and watch how it flows, and how the sunlight and shade plays across it.

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:51 pm 
Heh heh heh.

SoItBegins wrote:

Jane: I'm not sure... though I do like the idea of the Bloodthirsty Nail Polish. A girl could find a use for that.
...maybe I should try to replicate it...

Quote:
Jane: Have you ever thought about working on missions with Xerox?

Jane: Yes, I have, actually. I think once all this dimensional intrigue is over, I'll talk to him...

Quote:
Jane: Where do you store all those wonderful toys?

Jane: If I told you, I'd have to kill you. 8)

Quote:
Xerox & Jane: Now that you and Jane know about the relationship you had when you were young (playmates, for a given value of play), will this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship?

Jane: Yes, I believe it will.

Quote:
Jane & Chic: What are the best pranks (not scams or con routines, mind you-- pranks) you've ever played? Alone or together.

Jane: Mainly anything I do with Chic. It's all so fun!

Quote:
Maria & altChic: Now that you (Maria Narbon) have met altChic, which do the two of you do more-- making mischief or hunting villains?

Maria: Mischief, of course! Villain hunting is fun, but mischief is more fun than that. And, we can do it more often. I just love it when someone looks us up and down, does not see us underneath whatever disguise we've got on at the time, and then....
Hee hee hee! :twisted:

Quote:
Core Cast (Andrew, Chic, Jane, Xerox, Frederic, etc.): Have you ever thought about playing 'Assassin', where you try to 'kill' targets (other players) by tracking them down and 'shooting' them with a Nerf gun or a water pistol? I think many of you would be quite good at it.

Jane: Let's do it! We would need some extra rules to keep it from going out of hand, though.

Quote:

Jane: Many colors. I prefer light, because I have a habit of scribbling on the walls when I come up with a Mad idea... so, various light colors. The walls that aren't covered with notes, posters, and diagrams, that is.

Maria: Flat white paint.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Jane: Have you ever considered making a "Confusion grenade"?

Jane: Oooooh.... now that's an idea. Maybe make it reusable? Or invisible? Say, I could upgrade Chic's disorientation ray-- call it 'Dazed and Confused'!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:46 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Quote:
Jane: I'm not sure... though I do like the idea of the Bloodthirsty Nail Polish. A girl could find a use for that.
...maybe I should try to replicate it...

No. I would like to remind the cast at this time that I retain the right to remove things from the story if I so choose.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Would anyone be interested in another "Frankenstein Grand Prix"-ish sort of event, except with different events at a later point in time?

Maaaaybe. I'm more a variety person, myself. Depends on what the events were, how much later it was, etc.

Professor Zobot wrote:
So It Begins: How did you go Mad?

SiB: If only you knew.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Ariel: What's the deal with you not needing a body?

Ariel: My primary thought processes are scattered over a wide range of systems, including the Internet. A body merely gives me a focal point.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Ariel! What do you, as an AI-American, think of Xerox's special 'talent' in creating AI?

Ariel: It is... unusual. I am undecided.

Professor Zobot wrote:
SiB: exactly how many OF you are down there in the fiery bowels of the abyss?

SiB: 255. Over half due to Jane Narbon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:00 pm 

JanetTor wrote:
Chic - What was the last song to make you cry? Your favorite song for a karaoke round?

Chic-That's a tough question! I don't really have a favorite for kareoke-I like so many songs. It depends who I'm with, too. I'll have to pass, as I'm drawing a blank on this.
And-well, not make me cry, exactly, but a heart grabber. A heartfelt rendition of the Sister song from Pump Boys and Dinettes. Two sisters sing about how they grew up together, but don't know each other. I can't seem to find the lyrics on line, but here's a sample.
"We were cowgirls and pirates, and gypsies and queens, but I never knew you. You were a stranger then, you are a stranger now. Could we ever be children again? Could we ever be children again?"

Michael-if you ever abandon your island lair, what about Amy?

Fredric-Does the comic book shop sell pokemon merchandise?

Arthur-Will we ever find out why you don't like Claire befriending jaegers?
Okay, I don't expect an answer for that last one.

C Valente

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next