Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official "Pester the Characters with Questions" Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:03 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

chicgeek wrote:
Arthur-Will we ever find out why you don't like Claire befriending jaegers?
Okay, I don't expect an answer for that last one.

Arthur: It's just 'will you ever find out,' not 'why,' so of course you get an answer. No, you won't find out.

Writer: They probably will eventually...

Arthur: No, they will NOT find out. *grumbles*

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:16 pm 

Quote:
Fredric-Does the comic book shop sell pokemon merchandise?

Fredric: *sighs* Look, oi'm not against th' series it;s self. Oi *loik* th' series. It's bein' mistaken fer a pokemon wot gets me. But yeh, we got most 'a th' games, alla th' manga, Dvd sets 'a th' show (sub *an* dub), an' a set 'a coustumes. Oi negotiated in moi contact that oi afta be paid a *lot* t' wear any of it, though...

Elizabeth: Worth every penny~!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 am 

Ok, having come up with many, many questions for Rolf over in the 'design a better death ray' thread, I'm going to ask a few of them over here, because now I'm curious.

How did you join the black hat Brigade?

What was your favorite toy when you were little?

What are your favorite and least favorite parts of working for Kid Atomic?

How do you feel about hats other than black bowlers?

Also- for Kid Atomic, because he's pretty interesting:

Are you Mad? Do you ever indulge in maniacal laughter, or is it too uncool?

Do you have a rival? If so, who is it?

What do you do on your days off?

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:46 am 

Claire wrote:
How did you join the black hat Brigade?

Rolf-Hy think Hy'll get into dot later. De writer chust thought uf how Hy vas made a jeager, und if she didn't heff to go to vork, vould start her two fingered typing right now.

Writer-Hey! I don't make fun of your typing!

Rolf-Hy heff claws. Und Hy'm still a better typist.
Quote:
What was your favorite toy when you were little?

Rolf-It vas a leedle clanky steam engine. A hend me down.

Quote:
What are your favorite and least favorite parts of working for Kid Atomic?

Rolf-Least favorite-he's so easily distracted. De type uf mad dot heff hyu all strapped down in de death trap, then starts vatching Vheel Uf Fortune or sometink. Aside from dot, he's a pritty goot guy. Hy like gettink to do de test drives. De Keed's pritty open to suggestions, und dot's unusual for a mad.
Quote:
How do you feel about hats other than black bowlers?

Rolf-Heh. Dot's de vun Hy heff vorn so long...but ya, Hy like odder hats. Und now Hy can vere vateffer Hy dem vell please, so hyu might be seeing me tryink out some new styles.
Quote:
Also- for Kid Atomic, because he's pretty interesting:

Are you Mad? Do you ever indulge in maniacal laughter, or is it too uncool?

Kid Atomic-*runs a comb through his hair* Am I mad? Of course! Contrary to popular belief, the Fonz had nothing to do with it.

The Fonz-True.

The Kid-And thanks for the kind words, lil' hepcat. And maniacal laughter is cool-when it's me doing it, you dig?

Quote:
Do you have a rival? If so, who is it?

Kid Atomic-Good question! Yeah, I've got a rival-it's sad, what jealousy will do to someone. Details to be made up by the writer later.

Quote:
What do you do on your days off?

Kid Atomic-Take something fast out for a spin, sometimes I stay in the labgarage if I'm in the middle of a project, but my lady frowns on that. Desdemona and I go out to eat, or get takeout a lot. Sometimes I cook for her-after pourin' java in Xyon all day, she's ready for someone to wait on her for a change.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:13 pm 

Jess!
What do you think of Xerox's folks? You haven't had much time to get to know them, but I'm sure Xerox has talked about them some. What's your impression? (The Xerox's- Rose is a subject for later.)

Also Jess: Xerox tends to have nightmares- what do you do if you wake up and he;s in the middle of one?

Chic: Did you ever watch the Tinker Twin cartoon when you were little?

Claire: What;s your favorite flavor of Color?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:31 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Claire: What's your favorite flavor of Color?

Claire: Just sticking to the visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, I'd have to say purple, with red coming in second. Green smells the nicest, but if you let me do color combinations, a goldish-yellow and blue swirled together (but *not* mixed into green) beats out green for smell. For tastiest color combinations, rainbow unquestionably wins, but lots of bright contrasts- green and purple, red and blue, yellow and red- taste good too.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:12 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Jess!
What do you think of Xerox's folks? You haven't had much time to get to know them, but I'm sure Xerox has talked about them some. What's your impression? (The Xerox's- Rose is a subject for later.)

Jess-Astrolabe-or Astro-boy-is a cool old guy.He's laid back, he spoils his kid, heroic sidekick he may have been, but he's got some scoundrel in him. Dr. X-Her I've barely talked to. She's pretty cool herself, tough, and frankly slightly intimidating. I respect her-I just haven't had a chance to get to know her. From what Prim's told me, she sounds like a great mom. And I appreciate the fact that when their straight arrow narc son decided to add a criminal shapeshifter to the family, they welcomed me with open arms.

Also Jess: Xerox tends to have nightmares- what do you do if you wake up and he;s in the middle of one?

Jess-Wake him, to snap him out of it. Just hold him, that's usually enough. If he doesn't want to go back to sleep, sometimes we snuggle and watch an old movie, or whatever's on tv. I'll stay awake with him and keep him company-it's not like I have to punch a time clock in the morning. And if he really needs to be distracted-

Writer-Careful!

Jess-We'll raid the kitchen. What did you think I was going to say?

Writer-...Nevermind.

Quote:
Chic: Did you ever watch the Tinker Twin cartoon when you were little?

Chic-Sometimes. It was pretty fun. Saturdays I'd usually do my chores, then duck out to meet up with Jess. We'd each raid the kitchen first, so we didn't have to go home for lunch, and be gone all day.
It's kind of surreal remembering the shows now, or catching a rerun, now that I know they're my uncles.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:49 pm 

The Tinker Twins: If either of you had to give Eta a different name, what would you have picked?

Claire: What is your favorite type of explosive?

Jess: When did you first learn you could shapeshift?

Xerox: What was your first mission ever as a secret-agentish person? Andrew Tinker: the same question.

SiB: What was the first thing you built as a Mad?

Jane: If given the opportunity to do one but not both, would you choose to conquer Sweden or Finland?

War: What would you do if you somehow ran out of missiles?

Thaddeus: Where do you typically buy your trenchcoats?

Baby Gazebo #32: Have your first set of fangs grown in yet?

Radcliffe: Have you ever gotten into a fight with Thaddeus? If so, who won?

Jennifer's family: What would you say Jennifer's most amusing failure was?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:16 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Claire: What is your favorite type of explosive?

Claire: Oooh, the thing with the spaceship battery and the teleporter and-

Crash: First, you only did that once, and it was an accident. Second, that's not an explosive. It's just a way of causing an explosion.

Claire: But... fine... Well, I think I'd have to say a good-sized chunk of anti-matter in the appropriate containment field, just because it's so easy to carry and set off. Then again, plastic explosives are really fun to play with because you can make shapes, and fireworks are really pretty and now I wanna go blow something up instead of just talking about it...

*KA-BOOM!*

Professor Zobot wrote:
Jennifer's family: What would you say Jennifer's most amusing failure was?

Anson: Claire.

Arthur: *smacks Anson* Jerk.

Anson: Ow! Well, I thought it was funny.

Arthur: I think the time when she tried to mind-control someone to forget how to make explosives as revenge. He never knew how to make explosive in the first place, so he didn't notice.

Edgar: Trying to steal a pie from Mama.

Neal: Yup. Trying to steal a pie from Mama- she never even managed to touch it... *chuckles*

Anna: She wasn't supposed to snack before dinner. I stand by my actions.

Isaac: I don't know... what about the time she tried to rob the bank, and one of the employees picked her up and called child services and she almost got put in an orphanage because she couldn't say where her parents were? Oooh, or what about when she was cutting up vegetables and managed to stab herself in the hand- twice? Or when she was at a baseball game to try to rob someone else there, and she got hit by a baseball and knocked out during the first section? Or the time when she tried to show up Claire by entering the Frankenstein Grand Prix (which she wasn't supposed to do originally, by the way) and ended up being the 18th runner-up? Or when-

Jennifer: Shut up! *bright red* I do NOT like this line of questioning...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:43 pm 

Herr Doktor wrote:
Chic: Do you ever take you clockwork bike out for a spin wit people who ride 'normal' bikes? Or do you prefer the lone wolf thing?

Chic- I like to ride solo. It's fun zooming by biker gangs occasionaly, leaving them to eat my dust. I'd ride with Jess if she wanted-she has this british Triumph she's fond of. I don't know why she won't let me modify it. I could make it so much more efficient...

Jess-Hands off the bike. It's a classic.

Kid Atomic-And I'd leave both of you in the dust. But your buddy's right. That's a classic style, but we could have it souped up in no time, make it one sweet ride. You wouldn't be able to recognise it when we were done!

Jess-Hands off my bike.

Chic-Aaand that's one reason I don't ride with 'normal' bikes-they tend not to stay that way.
Professor Zobot wrote:
Jess: When did you first learn you could shapeshift?

Jess-Tales of Madness, page 5. I was introduced on page 4, had two more stories with Chic on page 5. The Kid and I ran afoul of a cowboy mad biologist, and I was the one he decided to test his mystery formula on first. I already carried the genetics for shapeshifting, but the abilities were still dormant. I blame my improved shifting abilities on the effect his crap had on me, heredity, and my dad's experiments on me.
When it happened, I was helpless for a few hours while my body shuffled through changes, but I had complete control of it by the morning.
Much to Spaz McGee's dismay.

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:57 pm 

Geeze, I completely forgot that Jess's origins were already detailed. Chalk one up for terrible memory, I guess. New question:

Jess: What's one thing you'd rather never shapeshift into, unless you really, REALLY had no other choice?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:16 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Geeze, I completely forgot that Jess's origins were already detailed. Chalk one up for terrible memory, I guess.

Writer-There's how many hundreds of posts since april 08? It's a wonder we keep up with stuff as much as we do! I know I have plenty of 'oops' posts.

Quote:
New question:Jess: What's one thing you'd rather never shapeshift into, unless you really, REALLY had no other choice?

Jess- Ain't tellin'. If I mention I loathe something, sure enough a situation will come up in game making it inevitable.

Lagos-can you be bribed with carrots, or is that a base stereotype?

Anybody-what's your favorite mode of transportation?

Thad-you've been training Sarcastic. Would you be in trouble with the Guy clan if they knew you were training a non-guy, or would it not matter?

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:23 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Quote:
Thaddeus- Where do you typically buy your trenchcoats?

Thaddeus: Thrift store.

Quote:
Radcliffe: Have you ever gotten into a fight with Thaddeus? If so, who won?

Radcliffe: Yessir. Fam'ly reunion, back 'fore his dad disa...*looks at Thad* Sorry.

Thaddeus: I remember that. You were being a real brat, so I knocked some sense into you. *cocks gun*

Radcliffe: Hey don' blame me. I act'd like a real brat back the'n, but I say'ts cause I'm youngest child. Tha's right, the writer finally stop'd bein lazy and started thinkin' up my backstory.

Quote:
Thad-you've been training Sarcastic. Would you be in trouble with the Guy clan if they knew you were training a non-guy, or would it not matter?

Thaddeus: We're allowed to train people who aren't of Die Famhilie, but after a certain point they must be bound by our code of honor; otherwise it wouldn't be right to give someone such power.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:51 pm 

Ok, after playing more of "Tales of Monkey Island: The Siege of Spinner Cay" (AVAILABLE NOW AT TELLTALE GAMES'S WEBSITE FOR LESS THAN 10 DOLLARS! BUY! BUY!) I've got Pirates on the mind.

So my question, for every character in the game who is interested in answering, is this: What would you envision yourself as being like in a more seafaring, nautical setting? Think in the spirit of the South Seas trading company, or Pirates of the Caribbean, Pirates of Dark Water (Ooooold reference, I know) the early seafaring cultures of earlier times, etc. What do you think would be different about your character, what would you be like in that time period and setting, etc;

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:54 pm 

Quote:
The Tinker Twins: If either of you had to give Eta a different name, what would you have picked

Gamma: Besides Maxwell?*coughs* well, there may or may not have been discussion of a GiIlgamesh... but I was shot down pretty fast.

Delta: That was one of his more *sensible* ideas. I believe he snuck *Krosp* into the mix, let alone, and I am *not* making this up, Spock. My twin is not a person who is allowed to name sentient beings!!Personally, I was in favor of naming him Gabriel. Or maybe Rocky.

Andrew: ... why did I never notice you two were geeks?

Gamma: Because you were used to it, sweety.

Quote:
Xerox: What was your first mission ever as a secret-agentish person? Andrew Tinker: the same question.

Xerox: That;s right. Out of basic training, shanghaied already into 'M'... somewhere in the pile of regulations, Stipulation 584. Aka 'Screw you and your desk job, welcome to the Field'. As for the mission? Pictiure two men, who happen to be neighbors. One of these men, shall we say, decides to build a fence around his house, that happens to graze the property lines. There is a dispute.
The police are called, threats are made. Rakes are brandished. *pause*

Xerox: ... picturing it? The men were Colonel Blanka of the League of Villains, and one 'Gadgeteer Garison' of the Heroes Union Guild. The fence was made of blinding electric *pain*. The police was *me*. Admittedly the Rakes were, indeed, rakes... only modified. Horribly, horribly modified.

Andrew: ... In comparison, my jaunt into the Dark Library of Kali seems fairly rookie stuff. She diddn't even *mind*... we had tea.

Quote:
Baby Gazebo #32: Have your first set of fangs grown in yet?

Baby Gazebo #32: Arrghh ma mrr mrrgh baaaaw! *opens up, revealing a few liddle fangs* Arrrwwwrrr.. *sets to gnawing on teething toy*
Quote:
Anybody-what's your favorite mode of transportation?

Xerox: Mmmm... who's Командующий's awesome ride? That's right... hey... *gasp!* Someone touched my car! Who touched Das Vadanya?!

Quote:
So my question, for every character in the game who is interested in answering, is this: What would you envision yourself as being like in a more seafaring, nautical setting?

Xerox: Put upon high command Naval Officer- special Pirating Shenanigans division. Same as here, my job would *technically* be behind a desk, telling *other* people what to do... and, yet, a decent 60% of my work time would be spent in the field... enemy ships... ancient temples... haggling over the price of rubber chickens... Think Guybush's *sarcastic* brother. But Jess as some kind of high seas pirate thief would be pretty cool.

Andrew: Impertinent Special Pirate Shenanigans Revision Naval Officer! Son of Sir Eric of Tinker, the waves are my playground. Fear the name of Lieutenant Tinker!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:33 am 
Heh heh heh.

Professor Zobot wrote:
Jane: If given the opportunity to do one but not both, would you choose to conquer Sweden or Finland?

Jane: First, I would merge the two, creating the nation of Finden. Then, I would conquer it!

Professor Zobot wrote:
So my question, for every character in the game who is interested in answering, is this: What would you envision yourself as being like in a more seafaring, nautical setting?

Jane: The legend, the myth, the mysterious, swashbuckling female pirate captain who attacks without warning... then disappears without a trace. Uncatchable. Unsinkable. Seemingly invincible.

All too real.

EDIT: Sorry, not pirate captain. Pirate Queen. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:50 am 

Deckhand Thaddeus: Hello.

Thaddeus: I'm tired of all these copies. *pulls out pistol* Die.

Deckhand Thaddeus: Not if I kill ya first guv. *flintlock pistol*

Writer: Curse you Zobot! He'd actually be a bit more loyal and British and hardly a dark past to speak of. Well a little one. Now I want to do a sidestory in which the characters are in Grand Era of Piratery type setting. Once again Curse you Zobot!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:48 pm 

Chic (Em Viktor) ran away when young for a life on the high seas, and adventure. But not the sterotypical-'young woman disgusies herself as a boy and becomes the cabin boy and falls in love with the captain' sctick. No, she started in the engine room! And discovered she has quite the knack for it. She designs and builds ships, engines, weaponry-is always tweaking things to improve them. Has to be discouraged from doing that during a naval battle.

Jess-hmm...leader of a pirate crew. They hunt for adventure on the high seas, search for treasure, ect. A daring woman who's good with a sword as well as brawling. Has a swift ship, the Bonny Jean, and is devilishly hard to catch-thanks to her friend and shipmate, Em Viktor. The crew is small in number, but loyal.
Surrender to her, and you'll lose your valuables, but not your life. Count on your ship being damaged enough you'll have to spend a long time on repairs-by which point she and her crew will be long gone.
Give her a fight, and she'll gleefully battle you, but again, she's after your loot, not your lives. She's even rescued people, and fought the especially villanous pirates who'd slay you. or torment you and then slay you, or who'd sink your sink and then sail away laughing as you go 'blub blub blub.'
So they have to outfight/outrun/outwit Her Majesty's Navy, and other pirates!
They have fun and excitement and money enough. Coin is often given to the needy, thus insuring the common folk will pass on information, lend a hand when needed, and sing slightly exaggerated ballads of her deeds.
Think of a cross between Errol Flynn and Robin Hood, but more femme.
Is a giant headache to Commodore Xerox.
And this was fun to make up.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:43 pm 

That;s Admiral Tsiirox, to you. :3
(Can you tell I have a lot of fun with his name? I discarded 'Cseereks' for the sake of my sanity...))

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:45 pm 

So instead, he's T-Rex? :D

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:59 pm 

*facepalm*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:52 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Pirates, mm? I'm tempted to answer 'Software Pirate', but puns aside... ah!

SoItBegins and Ariel are an elite father-daughter team of ninjas. They're very good at it, too. Of course, when it comes down to Pirates vs. Ninjas... anything could happen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm 

Question! A Steven has been mentioned-I don't remember, either Arthur or Anson's married to him, and divorce isn't necessary because he's just going to kill Steven instead? Steven, how do you feel about the whole thing? How well do you know the Umbra clan? Are you a mad?

Commodore/Admiral Tsiiroks-any truth to the rumor you'd tried to join the crew of the Bonny Jean as a prelude to capturing them? And that you were summarily tossed overboard off the coast of Martanique, with naught but a life preserver?

Dr X. and Astrolabe-a little while back it was asked-
Quote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:
Jess!

So I'm turning the questions back to you to answer about Jess. I'd like to hear from both of you please.

Andrew, have you ever met the nega versions of your four uncles?

Wally, what's your favorite type of restaurant-Thai, Mexican, Steak, ect. ect.? And can you cook more than ramen?

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:48 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Question! A Steven has been mentioned-I don't remember, either Arthur or Anson's married to him, and divorce isn't necessary because he's just going to kill Steven instead? Steven, how do you feel about the whole thing? How well do you know the Umbra clan? Are you a mad?

Steven: Yes, I'm Mad. And I'm currently married to Anson, and *I'm* going to kill *him*- regardless of what he says. And divorce paperwork is annoying. I don't mind most of the Umbras- the ones I've met seem fairly friendly and Anson's parents say since he's trying to kill me they don't have to. Plus they're all excellent with death rays and quite creative and teleporter tag is fun. So all in all I like them. There is *one* member of that family, though... a certain brat robot who's the reason I'm married in the first place, and who now seems to think he should change my name for some reason-

Crash: *unrepentant* I'm working for the Steve. Having a relative named Steven is annoying. I figure I can just change your name- all the government databases are online now. It's really useful!

Steven: First Anson, then you, brat.

Anson: Pah. You couldn't kill a mutated, cyborg 10-story tall ant even if you had access to a fully equipped lab. *holds up a rocket launcher* Now, time to die.

Steven: We'll see about that, you @#*%! *attacks Anson*

Crash: I think they like each other.

Jennifer: Steven is awfully nice. I'm glad he's part of the family.

Isaac: Oh, certainly. And they get along so well!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:21 am 

Luc: Wow, I think we have a record going for 'most accidental/incidental relationships between men'...
chicgeek wrote:
Commodore/Admiral Tsiiroks-any truth to the rumor you'd tried to join the crew of the Bonny Jean as a prelude to capturing them? And that you were summarily tossed overboard off the coast of Martanique, with naught but a life preserver?

Commodore Tsiirox: Lies and calumny. It was an early mission of mine, and to steady my nerves I indulged in spoonful of medicinal Tafia in a glass of soda water. However, due to a somewhat overly enthusiastic bouzouki player, I was misheard, and instead served a glass of rum, with a spoonful of soda water. As a result, I was well and truely *smashed*, and insted of getting back to *my* ship, I somehow managed to wander into a bar of ill repute, where after soundly knocking out a local tough, the Captain of the Bonny Jean invited me to join her crew. I, being DRUNK, accepted.
Commodore Tsiirox: And she diddn't toss me! I jumped!!And not before getting that stupid monkey statue at that, might I add.
chicgeek wrote:
Dr X. and Astrolabe-a little while back it was asked-
Quote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:
Jess!

So I'm turning the questions back to you to answer about Jess. I'd like to hear from both of you please.

Astrolabe: I adore the girl. She;s smart, an' quick, an' saucy. My boy needs someone who make him keep up- someone who can keep his attention. An' honestly I feel like she;s a girl you could have *fun* with! Get drunk an' steal th' hope daimond replacin' it with a grape ring pop kinda fun.

Dr. Xerox: Upon review of her interactions thus documented with my son, as well as her permanent records from school, I have come to the conclusion that Jess is a girl of much talent and potential. As well, I have taken the liberty of comparing their psychological profiles, arriving at a the conclusion that they are 94% compatible- the six percent margin is optimal for necessary relational friction. that, and she has good taste in motorcycles.
chicgeek wrote:
Andrew, have you ever met the nega versions of your four uncles?

Andrew; I have indeed. It was... surreal. You must understand, that their respective personalities aren't very different... only their motives are changed. For instance, Gamma and Epsilon are very.... disconcerting there. Cheerfullness and subtlety make for really scary Evildoers. Although, Nega Alpha and NegaBeta are kinda fun.

Nega Alpha: Halt, evildoers, deeds, blah blah blah LET'S RUMBAH! *brandishes Maracas*

Nega Gamma: Cookies? It's my special famous recipe. Only one of them is poisoned~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:00 am 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Luc: Wow, I think we have a record going for 'most accidental/incidental relationships between men'...

Writer- Heh. I have so much fun with this...

Commodore Tsiirox: And she diddn't toss me! I jumped!!And not before getting that stupid monkey statue at that, might I add.

PirateJess- What, the three headed monkey idol? That thing was butt ugly! We only grabbed it for the jewel encrusted clock on it's tummy. And tis lucky you are, Commodore, that I had the mercy to throw a life preserver after ye. Oh, ye should'a seen yerself-holdin' onto that stature wi' the grim determination of Death herself, tryin' to keep afloat-

PirateEm- And you wouldn't let me blow him out of the water, Cap'n. Or even use the new retrival harpoon-why?

PirateJess- None a' your business, lass. I was needin' a nemesis anyway, and as nemesi go, he's a bonny one...in a stuffy sort o' way..."

PirateEm- Next time I unleash the mechanical kraken! Besides, Roxy ducked out before he could finish giving me that new recipie for rum cake-we have to find him again, Cap'n!

Ahem. Tinker, a story must be written whether we do Zobot's idea or not (hopefully we do!). This is too much fun...(This is starting to feel like when the mad wars took over the comments thread in Skin Horse!)
Anyway, this is the question thread, so-

Dr. X- What are you a doctor of?

David- Do you ever work in partnership with other heros (I'm not counting Andrew) or do you prefer to work solo?

Claire- Do you ever buy yourself catnip? If so, is it weird going into a pet store? You'd be uncomfortable around the puppies and kittens, and all the tasty rodents and birds would be tempting...Or so you stay away from catnip unless a cousin's kidnapping you or something?

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:01 am 

chicgeek wrote:
Wally, what's your favorite type of restaurant-Thai, Mexican, Steak, ect. ect.? And can you cook more than ramen?

Wally: Italian, hands down. And of course I can cook more than that, I just need good directions. And possibly some help from Lagos.

Professor Zobot wrote:
So my question, for every character in the game who is interested in answering, is this: What would you envision yourself as being like in a more seafaring, nautical setting? Think in the spirit of the South Seas trading company, or Pirates of the Caribbean, Pirates of Dark Water (Ooooold reference, I know) the early seafaring cultures of earlier times, etc. What do you think would be different about your character, what would you be like in that time period and setting, etc;

Hmm... I see pirate Wally as scottish, complete with claymore, having somehow ended up in the carribbean and now hiring out as a mercenary cause that's the only way he can manage to make money. Possibly hired by Commodore Tssiroks, or maybe even Captain Jess. Lagos... would maybe be some sort of leprechaun or trickster spirit from up there that got him in this trouble in the first place, mostly so she could follow him around and point and laugh. She usually disguises herself as a stuffed rabbit around other people, which has sometimes earned him a reputation as a softy... which is probably true.

chicgeek wrote:
Lagos-can you be bribed with carrots, or is that a base stereotype?

Lagos: Well, I wouldn't say it's a base stereotype, but I certainly tend to prefer baked goods to raw carrots.

Professor Zobot wrote:
War: What would you do if you somehow ran out of missiles?

War: Well, I'd proceed to the next contingency plan, probably involving punching. More likely than not, punching the person who made me waste all those missles in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:59 am 

Quote:
Dr. X- What are you a doctor of?

Dr. Xerox: Mathematical Studies. I also graduated from Madame Baroness' Academy of Evil, where I was Valedictorian~ As a matter of fact, one of my first dates with Astrolabe was to my class reunion.

Astrolabe: *immeasurably smug* I got to be her man candy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:11 am 

chicgeek wrote:
Claire- Do you ever buy yourself catnip? If so, is it weird going into a pet store? You'd be uncomfortable around the puppies and kittens, and all the tasty rodents and birds would be tempting...Or so you stay away from catnip unless a cousin's kidnapping you or something?

Claire: I don't really like catnip that much... But I've only ever had it when someone was drugging me to kidnap me or something, and Edgar says that usually involved giving me way too much. I also have a really low catnip tolerance for some reason. Edgar says I might not hate catnip if I had it under different circumstances, and didn't have so much, but I don't know... And I've never been in a pet store. It just never occurred to me to go into one. I didn't know they sold catnip there, either, although that might explain where my cousins get it... Hmmm, do you suppose a pet store would have kitty treats?

Jennifer: Were you paying any attention to the part of the question about puppies and kittens and rodents and birds?

Claire: But- but kitty treats!

EDIT-

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Nega Gamma: Cookies? It's my special famous recipe. Only one of them is poisoned~

Claire: Oooh! Please! I love cookies! *looks at Nega Gamma hopefully*

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:12 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
David- Do you ever work in partnership with other heroes (I'm not counting Andrew) or do you prefer to work solo?

Sarcastic: Don't I count?

Michael: *Is about to say something, until Sarcastic kicks him*

David: Well yeah, I've worked with Sarcastic before... but mostly, I've never been asked to work with other heroes before. *Blushes shyly* To be honest, I'm still pretty new at this heroing stuff... I never even graduated from that "So you want to be a hero" correspondence course! (I want to, I've just never had the time...) I don't really think most of the other heroes in Xyon would want to work with a rookie who hasn't even been put in a single real death trap. (Nega-Tinker's acid pit back in the chapter "Comes a Hero" really doesn't count. He totally knew I was gonna escape. And all my time travel's don't really count either, since they're all only semi-continuity) I'm still learning, and not many people want to babysit a new guy. I did work with Radiant that one time, but he got mad at me and thought I killed people!

Radiant: ... I had been using my powers extensively that day, and I was also under the effects of one of the Red Objects as well. I was not in my right mind in any respect.

David: So that's the answer to your question... I don't hang out with any of the other heroes in or around Xyon or work with them because I'm so far below all of them. And they all have superpowers and stuff, so I wouldn't really fit in, I guess. Maybe once I've gotten a few years experience under my belt someone would ask me to join a team or something... that would be fun, maybe.

Flux:
Kid underestimates his own abilities, doesn't he?

Radiant: ...*nods*

-Xin Yun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next