Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Seas are Awash With the Sound of Madness
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:11 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

The two captains are intent on their game.
Smelly Jack and Ferret Faced Franky are steadily drinking grog-they don't want to interrupt. But by this point, they've forgotten exactly what message they were to deliver...
Captain Jess takes her time shuffling. "So...this object that was stolen from you. I have a feelin' it may bear a resemblace to what those thievin' ninjas tried to steal from me."
Queen Jane's voice is casual. "Oh, really?"
"Cut." Cards are dealt, again.
"It'd be...interestin' if it was." Captain Jess's voice is just as casual.
Smelly Jack overhears two of the NPC clan chattering excitedly.
".....and we'll all be RICH!"
And he does a comedic spit take. Then weaves drunkenly over to where the two captains are playing cards.
"Cap'n Jess! Ye'll never believe what I just heard!"
"Not now, I'm busy...negotiating."
"But, Captain! That Divid Tobo has th' other half! An' is fixin' ta set sail! 'T whole bar's talkin'!" Smelly grins with foolish pride. And burps.
Captain Jess grits her teeth, as Pirate Queen Narbon smirks.
"Just when th' game was goin' so well..." She shakes her head ruefully.
"All right. I want all hands back at the Bonny Jean, pronto." Jess waves over a sober crewman and repeats her order. Turning back to Jane, she grins. "Might as well finish this last hand, ye think?"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:46 pm 

-In the Hut of Voodoo/Used Book Emporium of Minerva-

"It's true, David Tabnose..." Minerva, the Voodoo Lady/Librarian spoke to him, while reading over a recipe. "With that rubbing of the other half of the Monkey-Eagle talisman you CAN in fact make a functional copy." She dropped a chicken liver into a bubbling vat.

Captain Toboz grinned. "That's wot I wanna hear, miss!"

David nodded. "How can we make a new Monkey-Eagle talisman half?"

Minerva paused. "According to The Steve, you will require...things..."

David paused. "What sort of things?"

Minerva paused for a moment, opening up another book and dropping fried onions into the brew. "Pieces of eight, you will require, but cursed gold these coins must be wrought of. To make the framework of the talisman, they must be cursed. A new blue gemstone eye ye must seek, equal in size to a leek. A silver thread you must find, to make the framework of the talisman and bind... it. Oh, I'm no good at this rhyming. You will need cursed pieces of eight, a blue gemstone, and a thread spun of silver. Once you have all three, place them in this..." she reached underneath her desk and pulled out a "Bag of Good Juju" (TM) and handed it to him. "And then take the mixture to Ahi Island... there, in the fires of the volcano, you can forge a new Talisman half, and use both halves to find the hidden resting place of the Blue Light Hoard. But be warned... I can foresee much danger on your quest..." She paused again, for Drama. "If this path you choose to walk, The Steve believes you will cross paths with many foes, old and new... you will struggle, you will strive... and if you find the Blue Light Hoard, you will first have to cross blades with a dread pirate named Jeremy Irontooth. But what you should know is-"

Captain Toboz scowled. "There IS no Jeremy Irontooth... that's just a name I made up!" he scowled. "And he's not the dread pirate, I am! He doesn't exist!"

David put his hand in his pocket. "So where can we find all this stuff, anyway"

Minerva threw a boar's tusk into her concoction, which suddenly exploded in a bright yellow puff of smoke, leaving behind nothing inside the cauldron except a small yellow blob with eyes that looked up at the group curiously. "Nom?"

Minerva wrinkled her brow. "Hmm... that wasn't meant to happen. It is cute, though..." she patted the little blob on the head. "I cannot tell you where to find the ingredients you will require... but here is a list with their locations written on it... you are being watched, Captain Tobais." She handed the list to Captain Toboz, who stuffed it down his pants into the secret inner pocket. "You must proceed with caution. And try not to break my door on the way out."

The two Tobozes left the hut of Voodoo/Used Book Emporium, not aware of Clarissa's presence on the roof, watching as they departed...

Nor were either of them aware of the tiny yellow blob-thing sleeping on Captain Toboz's hat.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:13 pm 

Clarissa stared at the two men exiting the hut, completely baffled. She was seeing double now? How were there two- what? She stared, blinking and trying to think as the two men walked away. She didn't understand at all...

After a few more minutes, she realized- he must have a brother! She felt rather silly... ok, maybe she was a *little* bit drunk... she had been sitting at the bar for an awfully long time...

Dropping off the roof, she silently started to follow the two men. She needed her papers back... or- she wouldn't be able to- She dropped the thought and quickly ran after them. She was going to get her papers back...

Catching up to them quickly, snuck up behind the two of them and trailed them, waiting. When Captain Tibz's brother passed in front of him, a little too near a bush, she grabbed the Captain, covering her mouth with one hand and holding onto his sword arm with her other. Baring her fangs, she hissed in his ear. "Now give me back my papers!"

The whole bit with the rubbing and making a copy of the talisman and the Bluelight Hoard was probably important, but that was just the cost of her job... this was even more important than that!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:38 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane stared Captain Jess straight in the eye, trying to divine her intentions. She knew she'd dealt herself a good hand, and there were... ways to make it better.

"I'll take one card," Jane said, sliding one from the deck to replace the one she discarded from her hand.

"Two cards," Captain Jess responded, taking her new two.

"Well then," said Jane. "Shall we?"

Jess's grin slowly grew wider as she laid down her cards. Three aces and two eights.
"Full house," she said.

Jane looked at her own cards. Oh dear. Well, time to play the hand she'd gotten herself into...

"I guess I can't beat that-- I've only got a pair of ones, and another pair of ones," Jane said, laying down four aces. Four of a kind. She tried to hold Jess's gaze, hoping she wouldn't notice.

It didn't work. The two captains looked at each other, then Jess lowered her head to examine the seven aces on the table. Jane's thoughts began to run overtime.

Oh, now this is going to be interesting...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:28 pm 

Claire wrote:
Catching up to them quickly, snuck up behind the two of them and trailed them, waiting. When Captain Tibz's brother passed in front of him, a little too near a bush, she grabbed the Captain, covering her mouth with one hand and holding onto his sword arm with her other. Baring her fangs, she hissed in his ear. "Now give me back my papers!"

The whole bit with the rubbing and making a copy of the talisman and the Bluelight Hoard was probably important, but that was just the cost of her job... this was even more important than that!
Captain Toboz raised an eyebrow. While he was fairly sure she was TRYING to look intimidating, it was kinda hard to be scared of Clarissa with her hand over her mouth. Still, she had his sword arm, so he knew better than to try anything. "Woah... woah... woah, matey! There's no reason why we can't settle this like civilized pirates..."

As if in response, he felt her claws on his neck. "Civilized PEOPLE! Civilized PEOPLE, not pirates!" The claws went back out. "Look... iff'n I be returning your papers, you have to agree not to bother me again until I've left the island, got it? Otharrrwise I'll just slash 'em to ribbons, lass."

The two of them got to talking, and eventually they reached some sort of agreement. Captain Toboz smiled and handed her back the papers. "Pleasuarrr doing business wit' ye, you know. I really wish ye'd join me crew, but I know ye won't..." He turned and started walking away from the feline pirate, who was apparently overjoyed to get her papers back. "Bye!" He waved, and then once he was out of sight, began running as fast as he could. She wouldn't be content for long, and he wanted to be far and away from this island before she wised up and got after him again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-At the Old NPC shack-

David caught sight of Captain Toboz. "There you are! I was starting to get worried!"

Captain Toboz pushed the brim of his hat back and grinned. "Nothing I couldn't handle, matey. But we be having ta' leave now! Didya alert the crew?"

David nodded. "They're calling back the last few stragglers from the bars. They dragged Mr. Caine back, but he's dead drunk!" David sighed. "He's sleeping in one of the cabins right now. But you should know that the ship is-"

"No time fer that now! Expendible! Where arrrr yew, First Mate?"

One of the NPC clan approached. "Arr... sir, Expendible NPC be no longer fer this world... twas the gout that claimed him. I'm yer new first mate, Replacable NPC."

Captain Toboz paushed. "The gout? Geeze... ouch... poor guy. Well, Mr. NPC, show me to my vessel!"

"Aye, Captain!" Replacable NPC led the two Davids down to the small dock near the NPC's house. It was only big enough for one ship, and of course there was just one ship there. "Now... remember that we've only had a few days ta'work on it, an' only two of the three masts arr set up, an' we haven't had much time t'stock up on provisions 'cept for the grog, but here's yer ship, Captain... I give ye... The Captain's Fancy Waveskipper Sundancer!"

Both David and Captain Toboz were wide-eyed. "It's... it's... pink."

"Aye, well... the color of the Neon Grapefruit Tree ain't be doin' much for one's masculinity, but tha wood can resist even the brutal squeezing tentacles of the fearsome giant clockwork squid! That there's a ship that'll last, Captain!"

"C-can we repaint it? Like, make the hull back or something?"

"Oh, aye, aye-"

"Great! Do it!"

"-if we had any paint here on Goldgleam island. 's a bit of a problem, that."

Captain David covered his face with a hand and sighed. "Well... a ship is a ship is a ship is a ship, I guess." he looked up. "Well, we have a new quest, an' now we have a ship. And everyone I've met before will be looking for the ship I stole from Admiral Tsiirocks, The Blue Rose. No one would expect a manly pirate like me to be traveling on a girly ship like that..."

"Aye, sir..." Replacable NPC nodded. "But we must be careful as we leave Goldgleam island, Sir... local tales have been telling of a fearsome pirate king that's been travelin' across the island recently... the dread Pirate Lord Jeremy Irontooth!"

Captain Toboz sighed. "Let's... let's just set sail, ok? I'm sure we have nothing to fear from him."

The Sundancer began to lurch forward as it's sails filled with wind and the ship began to take to sea on it's maiden voyage...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:20 pm 

Clarissa clutched the papers to her chest tightly. She had thought she had lost them... and he almost hadn't given them back, and-

She turned and made her way back to the Ruby, or whatever it was called at the moment. To reassure herself, she looked over the papers as she walked- there, the instructions for making the radio... just in case... the other ones were important, but that one was crucial.

She sighed, wishing she could give her report to Queen Narbon now... Then she could go back to her bunk and have some rum and go to sleep and stop worrying about everything... But she was still on dry land and Queen Narbon probably wouldn't be back until later and she'd probably be made fun of for having her coinpurse stolen... and- oh, he'd taken some of her bartering-gems, too! Grr...

She turned, and started to sprint after him- the gems weren't that important, but they were valuable, and-

Aaand there was a ship taking off, right out of the port where his scent trail ended. Dejected, she turned and began walking back to the Ruby once more.

This day was not going well. Sure, she'd be able to tell Queen Narbon that Captain Togoz would be at the volcano of Ahi Island with both talisman halves to lead to the Bluelight Hoard at some point in the future, and that his ship -for the moment, at least- was hot pink, but she was supposed to get the talisman half back, and all she'd done was gotten robbed and managed to barter some of her possessions back...

She sighed. But she had to have the papers- she didn't care if it was un-piratey, the radio was the only way she'd ever be able to communicate with her family if she needed to... and the rest of the stuff were their designs and ideas and she *missed* them...

Well, she still had to get back to the Ruby. And she *would* be made fun of for not getting the talisman back, but they wouldn't be able to force her off the ship. Well, not until she gave her report to the Queen, if the Queen was displeased...

She wasn't a bad pirate! She just slipped up now and again... she could fight just as well as anyone else, at least...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:56 pm 

Captain Jess stares at the seven aces now adorning the table. She lifts her head to give Jane a cool, emotionless gaze-
Then cracks up, and slaps her on the back.
"So, we both-" She chokes with laughter a little, then wipes her eyes.
"Allright, as long as the *snerk* cards are on the table. It's obvious what was stolen from you. And what I have. Time's short, so I have a proposal for ye. We team up."
Pirate Queen Jane isn't sure she heard her correctly.
"Are you seriously suggesting...?"
"I am. There'll be more than enough loot for both of us on this venture. And that scurvy sea dog will be no match for the likes of us! Heh, I bet a cold chill just went down his spine, at th' mention of it! Together, we'd be unmatchable!"
Jess's eye develops a steely glint. "Double cross me, and you go down in flames, o' course. So, " Cpt. Jess casually stows her cards away, and grins at Jane. "What do you say? Wil you risk the adventure?"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:20 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

As the ship of Captain Toboz sailed away, a man came running up the dock beside it, wearing a wholly interesting ensemble. He was dressed in a black tunic that fell to his knees, opening just below his belt in the front, draping in back. It was made of a very smooth material, and was offset by a pair of dark blue pants. He was covered in small puches and sheaths made to carry all sorts of useful items.

He slid to a stop just as the ship left the slip. He walked dejectedly back to port, managing to blend with his environment, even looking as outlandish as he did. “Now I'll never kill Jeremy Irontooth.” He whacked his head with his fist, “Why Sykarius, why are you so stupid? GAAAH!” With a thud Sicarius tripped over a pile of silks and wood. He loked at the pile of silk pirate flags, to the wood, and to the silks again before he started to smile.

After a couple minutes Sykarius was standing on the roof of the tallest building on Goldgleam, the hull of Captain Toboz's ship still visible on the horizon. Sicarius looked down at the ground before pulling the last strap of silk tight. He spread his arms and lept off of the building, the flags on the contraption attatched to the poles and his arms catching the wind. He soared skywards, floating on a thermal.

Sycarius flew along, finally getting to a point just behind Toboz's ship. He pulled a cord, releasing the sail from his back. He fell to the deck, rolling and drawing his sword as he got to his feet. He then realized that he was about to fall.

With a scream, Sykarius fell into the hold of the pink ship. He stood up and tried the first door he found, only to find captain Toboz himself. He drew his sword, dropping it to the florr. “Err, I challenge thee, Jeremy Irontoo- He's not real is he?” Sykarius sighed, he recognized the man who was called Jeremy Irontooth. “Hello Captain Tobloss. Tobloss? I mean Tobofski... Oh, forget it.” He sighed and extened his hand, “I was to kill after you attacked Narbon's ship. Daring attack. I knew that the proximity between you and Irontooth was too much to be coincidence after I started tracking you. Do you need someone sort of sneaky on your crew?” Sykarius sheathed his sword and smiled at the captain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:18 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane considered for a few seconds, then nodded her head. "Aye. You've got a deal."

Miming spitting on her hand, she held it out. Jess grabbed it. (The actual spitting had gone out of fashion around the time of the first female pirate captains.) The partnership was sealed.

Arm in arm like old friends, the two pirate captains headed towards the docks, where their ships were waiting.

"So... I predict this might well be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"
"Not if you keep trying to pick my pocket it won't. Come on."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:28 pm 

"Well, there she is. The Bonny Jean." Jess's voice holds a captain's pride. "Swiftest ship ye'll ever see."
The two have made their unhurried way to the docks. Running would be undignified.
Pirate Queen Jane gives a nod of approval, and points casually to a small merchant ship.
"And that's The Ruby."
Cpt. Jess is...suprised, to say the least. "Really? I mean...that's a tidy little ship ye have there, but...the stories that abound about her! I was expectin' some giant fearsome vessel."
Jane smirks. "Oh, she's more than ship enough."
They're interrupted by a runner from the Bonny Jean. "Captain! That scoundrel just left port-ye can still see him in the spyglass."
He respectfully hands it to his captain, who takes a look at the horizon-and promptly bursts into a guffaw.
Cpt. Jess, her eye twinkling, gravely extends the glass to Jane.
Who smothers a laugh herself.
"Am I seeing things, or is that ship-"
"Pink! Aye. 'Twon't be no trouble tracking him!"

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:46 pm 

Clarissa hurried onto the Ruby. Yay- back on a boat! It was just nicer in general, better than dry land, more comfortable, not all solid...

And Queen Narbon was there, too! "Queen Narbon, Queen Narbon! I found Captain Teboz! He's gonna be at Ahi Island and if you wait you'll be able to get both talisman halves from him and get the Bluelight Hoard and his ship's pink and I caught him a little bit but he got away again..." She looked up at Queen Narbon. "Can I be done looking for him now? It was really confusing and he hit my head and I don't like being on land."

She looked at Captain Jess. "Who's that, Queen Narbon?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:02 pm 

Captain Jess looks at the crew woman after she rattles off her speech. Then looks at Jane. "Y'know, I know someone who sounds the same way...tell me, Jane, does this sailor fight?"
"Aye."
"Build things? Or blow them up?"
Before Queen Jane can answer, Claire responds, with a resounding "AYE!"
Cpt. Jess grins. "I think she and Crazy Emily would like each other. Jane, would ye be willin' ta send her over sometime later?"

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:38 am 

Chapter 2

A week had passed. A whole week on the high seas.

David stirred in his sleep. There had been something about the rocking of the Captain's Fancy that made it really easy to fall asleep on it. Sitting up, he bent down and checked his Portal Spawner. The battery still wasn't recharged even halfway.

He was starting to get concerned. The first few times he'd jumped between universes, the device had been able to recharge itself in less than an hour each time. By about the tenth jump, it had taken a few hours of his time. And since he left that weird fantasy dimension where his alternate had been able to (kinda) repair his robot arm, it had taken days for the battery to get back to a functioning level. By now he was fairly sure something was wrong. But he was scared of trying to do anything. Fixing broken tech was his specialty, but if he did anything wrong with the portal spawner, in a low-tech universe such as this one seemed to be he might be trapped here forever. He felt tears brimming in his eyes. If he was trapped here he'd never see Richard or Sarcastic or Chic or Wally or... or... ANDREW ever again...

Not to mention the OTHER problem... he reached underneath his shirt and pulled out the Plot Device that Andrew had given him back before this whole mess happened. He'd figured out how to use it as a compass of sorts... everytime he'd made a jump between universes before, it had provided him with mysterious coordinates. It was really the only thing he'd had any hope in... he was trusting that it would eventually point him home. But there were hairline cracks running down the parts of it... and worse yet, every time he made a jump it seemed like it got into a worse and worse condition. But without it, he had almost no hope whatsoever of finding his way home... He had to pray that it'd hold out for much longer... the technology was so complicated, he didn't really know how Andrew had ever figured out how to get it to work. But he might have to TRY and repair it if he didn't get back to his home universe soon. Without the Plot Device he didn't know what coordinates would work if he put them in, or even which universe would bring him closer to home and which would take him farther away. It wasn't as if anyone had ever mapped them out or anything.

Still, it was pointless for him to worry about it right now, since he couldn't even leave yet. He tucked the Plot Device back under his shirt where it hung from a cord wrapped around his neck, and walked up back to the main deck.

There was a flurry of activity. NPCs were busy trying to keep the ship on course, cleaning the deck clean, plotting mutiny, and taking a back. Captain Toboz walked past with Replaceable NPC at his side, going over a list. "And that new Sycarius guy we shanghaied (kinda), is working out well... he's working with our Master of Arms, Mister McCaine, to teach most of the crew how to fight."

"Excellent work, Mr. NPC!" Captain Toboz noticed David on deck and walked over, grinning. "We're en route to the port of Queens. It's one of the larger cities in this tri-island area, and we can get our ship finished there, as well as restock up on supplies. The downside is that it's a British-controlled port and they don't quite like pirates there, so we'll have to tred carefully and not cause any trouble. But we need to head there anyway... there may be a lead to one of the three ingrediants I need to make the new piece of the Monkey-Eagle Talisman, according to our friendly voodoo lady." He pushed his hat back a bit. "We're making good time, though. And it's unlikely anyone would chase after us in Queens anyway... most pirates don't want to call down the wrath of the British Navy. Heck, the only reason WE'RE likely safe going there is because this is a new ship and no one would guess a PINK ship would carry pirates. So we're mostly safe as long as we stay out of trouble and keep our heads down."

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:21 pm 

Captain Jess and Pirate Queen Narbon are having a private conference aboard the Bonny Jean.
"It seems that thievin' Tibiz has made for Queens. Which leaves us with a problem." Cpt. Jess pours something old and red in a pair of delicate goblets, and takes a dainty sip to show it's not poisoned.
Queen Narbon shrugs. "We know he has to go to Ahi Island, eventually. We could just catch him there."
"Aye, thanks to that Clarissa of yours. Fine bit of work, that. But he's bound t' change the look of his ship while he's in port. And I like the idea of waylaying the rascal, or sneakin' aboard his ship. Why not just steal your half back from him, and leave him high and dry?" Captain Jess takes a healthy swig, then grins. "And I mean that literally-we could scuttle that dainty pink ship. Put a crimp in his plans, that would."
"We could...but the British Navy has quite a presence there." Queen Narbon points out.
Cpt. Jess sighes. "True...e'en if I change the name on the hull. And I could disguise m'self, but...if Crazy Em's cousin Redcoat is there, or worse, Commodore Tsiirocks....well, we could fool any other with ease. But those two..." She shakes her head, and moodily drums her fingers on the table. "Although, I must admit the idea of pulling one over on Tebozt, and right under the noses of the Commodore, to boot, has a certain appeal. D'ye have any ideas, Jane?"

Crazy Emily is unaware of the captain's conference. She nudges her companion. "It should go any second now. Three...two...one....one... Oh, come on!"
The barrell bobbing off to starboard explodes into splinters with a satisfying WHOOSH!
"SPLODY!"
"YAY!"
The two grin at each other. "Clarissa, I'm glad your captain let you come over. No one else wants to help me test things."
"It was fun! Are you sure that was the last spare barrell?"
"Yep. Captain said she'd pin my ears back if I took any more. Hey, wanna make taffy?"
"Taffy? What kind?"
"Salt water taffy, of course! We could mix it up, and get Tessie to pull it for us."
Crazy Emily has, of course, introduced her new friend Clarissa to her pet, the fearsome clockwork kraken.
The two scamper down to the galley. Devil Hand Mulligan wisely decides to take a few minutes to go on deck, and harrange some hapless crew member about pulling in some fresh fish.
Crazy Em digs out her own personal recipe book, and starts flipping through the pages. Halfway through, she sighes. "You don't know how to make rum cake, do you? I only have half a recipe."
"How'd that happen?" Clarissa's curious. She snitches a lump of sugar, and perches herself on a stool.
"Well, the Captain offered a spot on the crew to Roxie, after seeing him wipe the floor with these bozos in a brawl. He was sooo drunk, and still routed them! And he ticked off Devil Hand the next day, ended up on kp, but whipped up this great cake to get out of scrubbing pans, and I made him promise to write down the recipe, but he kinda jumped overboard with this hideous monkey idol. But ha! Captain Jess had already emptied it, so she let him get away, and wouldn't let anybody shoot at him. Weird! I think she likes him, 'cause she scowls and threatens me if I tease her. And then guess what! It was really Commodore Tsiirocks all along! But, he never finished the recipe, which stinks. Hey, after we make taffy, if there's time, would you like me to electrify your sword?"

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:57 pm 

Clarissa paused, munching on the sugar. Mmmm... Wait, Tsiirocks... Tsiirocks... why did that name sound familiar? Tsiirocks... *Primary* Tsiirocks...

Prim?!

"Wait, you know PRIM?! He was on your ship?! He's still around?! Really?!"

"You- you know Roxie?"

"I grew up near him! He and I were friends for a long time and then he disappeared and I didn't know how to contact him and I figured he was just gone forever!"

"Well, he was around here. And I think we might be seeing him again some point. The captain didn't seem to mind him at all..." Crazy Emily trailed off, grinning suggestively.

Clarissa looked confused for a minute, then giggled. "Ohhhh..." She giggled again. "And rum cake recipe? Oooh... let me see. I think I know which one it is!"

"It's so weird that you know him..." Crazy Emily handed Clarissa the recipe.

"Yeah! This is the one! See how much rum is required? I know how to make this!" Clarissa begin to scribble down the steps. "Do we have time to make this AND the taffy? It's really good rum cake... and we have to check to make sure the rum's good... and that it stays good as we cook..." Clarissa was still grinning. Crazy Emily was so much fun! There were explosions, and taffy, and she was allowed to use the kitchen and there might be rum cake and... "Did you say you could electrify my sword? ...you can put lightning in it? Really!? That's amazing! I tried but it always ran out of lightning too quickly and heated up and I couldn't figure out why so I just stuck to keeping it sharp."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:01 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane smiled. "Hmmm...." she said. "I think it's time I showed you something." She motioned for Captain Jess to follow her.

When the two got up on deck, Jane pulled out a small spyglass. No ships were anywhere in sight. Borrowing a speaking horn, she said to Jess, "Watch this. If you've ever wondered how it is that the Ruby is spoke of in legends... now you'll know."
Then, through the horn, "Show 'em, crew!!"

For a few seconds, nothing happened.
Then, the Ruby.... changed.

Both captains now saw the ship as it truly was, a twisted, massive hulk of a vessel, every inch of the outside hull embedded with a strange, silver wire, studded with rubies. Lightning flickered from a few of the gems; others glowed with a strange light, energy flowing through the wire in strange, circuitous patterns. Weapons, both cannon and... stranger things, protruded from the hull, even as other weapons, hidden ones, lay in readiness above and below the waterline.

However, it was the flag that drew the eye, a gigantic, black flag flying from the highest mast, with a grinning skull, crossed swords beneath and rubies in place of eyes.
As Jess looked, she realized the ship had always been this way; something had just made her see the small merchant vessel.

After a few seconds, Jane shouted another command through the horn. The Ruby flickered for a second... then, the small ship was back in its place again. Harmless.
Or so it appeared.

Jane turned to Captain Jess. Her voice grew increasingly blissful.
"Now you see," she said. "We can be anyone we want. Any ship we choose. Take any appearance. We're invisible, untraceable; just another myth, another legend. Plus, the weapons still work when we're transformed... they're just hidden.

And no one ever expects a thing..."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:41 pm 

A bit north, on the same island where the port of Queens rests, is an old, large house.

Construction of the house was paid by the coin of a rich pirate in his youth, forced into early retirement due to an injury early on. Having no close friends or family, his sole solace was his wealth, which he soon grew to hoard. He spent nothing, bought nothing, and allowed none of his money to fall into the hands of others.

This man grew old, and began to regret his empty life. On his death bed, he cursed the gold he had accumulated, yet at the same time vowing that none would ever touch it and live.

And so it went... the gold remaining hidden within the confines of the old man's house, said to bring misfortune to any who come to possess it. None who have entered the house survive a single night.

Captain Toboz took a swig of ale from his mug. "Or so it's said. That's what Minerva's note told us could be a potential lead to finding some cursed gold for the new talisman piece." he nodded. "We're heading into Queens port now. Once we get into town, we'll split into three teams... Wallace McCaine and some of the crew will procure new provisions. Mister NPC will command a team to finish construction on our ship and repaint it something LESS girly." He looked up at David. "The last team, with eight of the NPC clan led by you and I, will travel up to that building and investigate it. We don't need much... only a few pieces of eight with the old man's curse on it. But we'll have to move fast. We do NOT want to be in that home when it gets dark..."

David nodded and swallowed. "Do you really think there's a ghost?"

Captain Toboz nodded. "Pirates always have ghosts. It's like a tradition or something... let's just pray we won't have to encounter it..."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:58 pm 

Captain Jess stares as the massive, twisted, glittering marvel before her. And is still staring when The Ruby resumes its disguise of a simple merchant ship.
"....Impressive," she finally says, throat unaccountibly dry.
She can almost hear Jane's smirk. Grinning herself, she turns, and gives Queen Jane a comradely light punch on the arm.
"The Bluelight Hoard is as good as ours! All right, now-I'd rather not bring the Bonny Jean into port. Although I will be changin' our name and flag, just in case. I'd like to go with you, with just a few picked crewmembers. Can't leave my ship unmanned, now can I? And I've a weapon or two that you may like the look of yourself...hmm, tell me, Jane-do you have anything fancy worked out for communications?"

Meanwhile, in the galley-
Crazy Emily and Clarissa have a case of the giggles.
"This'ss goood cake." Crazy Em dips out a spoonfull of batter, and smacks her lips.
Clarissa nods enthusiactically, and pours some more rum in the batter.
Then helps herself to a swig.
"Wheee!" She spins, and somehow tumbles to the floor. "'s good...good rum. Why wassa bottle hi..hidden alla way inna back?"
"Dunno..."
Crazy Emily pulls her new best friend to her feet, and grabs the bottle.
They've mistakenly grabbed the Rum, Squared.
Two voices are raised in song.
"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest!
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!"
They start giggling again, and somehow get the cake in the oven.
"Drink and the Devil had done for the rest,
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!"

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:14 pm 

Clarissa leaned against Crazy Emily. Crazy Emily was the best! An' she was nice and fun and awesome and the best...

"I needta- ta come visit more! Thiss's fuuuun."

Craze Emily giggled again, tweaking one of Clarissa's ears. "You' got ears... but not reg'lar ears..."

"'m a- 'm a cat! 's 'cause of th' ship's doctor... 'n I can hear proper, now!" More giggling. She licked her lips. "Thass 'mazing rum.. th' cake's gonna be great! So whadda wanta do while we wait for't?"

"Less... less make more 'splosions!" Crazy Emily was still giggling. She was having fun with her new friend!

"But we couldn't... ther... there aren't 'ny more barrels.." Whew, that rum squared stuff was pretty strong... but it was so tasty! She hoped the rum cake would be done soon... "So... what c'n we blow up?" Clarissa stumbled around the kitchen, looking for something good to use...

~Soon~

More giggling, interspersed with explosions, are coming from the kitchen. The two girls are having quite a lot of fun...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:07 pm 

" 'Sfunny, you know'n ol RoxieMoxie. 'Y think he'd like th' cake?" Crazy Emily carefully cuts another slice.
"Uh huh! His ress...res...re-ci-pee, after all. An' he's not here...good ol' Prim." Clarissa licks the crumbs off her fingertips.
There's a pounding at the door. "What in the blue blazes are you two hellions doing to my galley!" Devil Hand Mulligan shouts. "Was that an explosion I heard?"
The two look at each other and giggle, and Devil Hand strides in fiercely, the burly Bertie beside him. Not that Devil Hand will admit he's backup.
Their jaws drop.
It looks like every dish, pot, and pan has been dirtied. The smell of sugar and gunpowder fills the air. The very walls are sticky and sooty in random places. And somehow, the tongs have become embedded in the ceiling.
"Hi! Have some taffy!" Clarissa waves in the general direction of the tray of sweets.
"You...my galley! I...ARRGH!" He sputters.
Crazy Em waves over Burlington Bertie, and points with pride at the cake. "You cuts two..? Yeah, two slices, 'n take 'em to...Cap'n Jessie, 'n Queenie! NOW!" Her eyes flash, and her hand drifts to her sword. Bertie scrambles to obey.
Devil hand Mulligan is apoplectic. "You trashed the galley to make CAKE?"
"Rum cake!" Clarissa generously cuts him a slice. There's still over half a cake left.
Crazy Emily rolls her eyes. "This's boring! Come on, 'Rissa!" She plops the remainder of the cake in a empty box bearing a "DANGER! FLAMMABLE!" label. It's oddly appropriate.
The two stroll out, affecting an injured dignity.
Devil Hand stares at the godawful mess. As much batter as is scattered around, how was there enough left to bake? Then slowly, takes a bite of cake. And, despite himself smiles.
"That's good."
On deck, Crazy Emily has a flash of inspiration. "Hey, we're not that far from land. Less go ta Queens!"
"....Okay! Um....but thass a lotta rowing." Clarissa frowns. Still, she has a dim idea that maybe being away from the two captains for a bit isn't such a bad idea.
"No, silly! Like this!"
Crazy Em puts two fingers to her mouth, and gives a piercing whistle. A clockwork tentacle emerges from the sea, and waves at them.
"Tessie! I wan' ya to take me 'n my buddy here to land! An' keep hid as much you can, 'kay?" Crazy Emily dimly remembers the captain may not want to advertise the presense of her pet, for some odd reason.
Clarissa chimes in. "An keep us dry, too!"
The two-well, three-are soon on their way. Tessie keeps them barely above sea level, and picks a deserted looking area of the dock to unload her passengers.
"Good girl! Now, you stay, 'kay?" Em giggles at the rhyme. "So you c'n take us back, later."
Clarissa waves enthusiastically. "Thanks, Tessie!"
A tentacle waves back, before disappearing into the murky water.
"Now-less find something fun to do!"
Trouble walks-weaving slightly-into the Navy town of Queens.

On board the Bonny Jean, Captain Jess turns to Pirate Queen Jane.
"Allright-so, with your disguised ship, you can dock as bold as brass. The Bonny Jean gets a name change, and stays back a bit, but in sight of land. I'll go with ye, with just a few picked crew. And some o' Emily's lovely weapons-oh, sneaky and deadly they are. Praps some of ours can be keeping an eye on that pink monstrosity-I've a feeling it'll have a paint job before it departs. You and I, let's start by heading to the closet bar to th' docks, perhaps. See what news we can pick up, an' be where those watchin' the ship can reach us in a hurry. Once we have th' lay of the land, we can decide on a course of action. Following Tezpot, or boarding his ship...or leavin' a 'present' attached to the hull. After they've done barnacle duty. What do you think? D' ye have anything to suggest?"
At this point Berlington Bertie knocks on the door. And when he's bade to enter, respectfully lays two slices of cake on the table. "Crazy Em asked me to tole this to you, Captains, wi've her compliments."

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:59 pm 

Crazy Emily and Clarissa stumbled out of the market, fleeing from the angry shopkeepers. Crazy Emily glared at Clarissa. "Why'd you hafta go 'n chase that mouse through th' stalls, 'nyway?"

"'t wasn' my fault you decided 't wassa brawl 'n started fightin'!"

"How wass I sup... suppo... 'sposed to know 't wassn'? He wass yelling at you!"

"That wass 'cause o' the mouse chasin' destroyn' all th' stalls, though!" Clarissa glanced back. "'n they're gainin' on us..." Not looking ahead, she ran smack into a lamppost, falling over. "Owww..."

"Rissa!" Anger forgotten, Crazy Emily yanked Clarissa back to her feet, and the two of the continued to run unsteadily from the angry shopkeepers. Around a corner- "'n here!"

The two girls ran into a building, slamming the door shut. "That wass close... you still got th' cake?" Clarissa looked at Crazy Emily with concern.

"Right here! I wouldn't lose somethin' that import'nt."

"Exc'lent. Now-" Clarissa paused, sniffing. "You smell that?"

"I dunno... smell what?" I c'n smell th' rum cake..."

"No, no! THAT. Th' smell... umm..." Clarissa stared blankly at Crazy Emily. "'s familiar... 'n... 's Prim! 'n he's *here.* 's new smell!"

"Prim... RoxieMoxie? You smell 'im?" Crazy Emily grinned. "We hafta give him some'f the rumcake! 's his rumcake, 'fter all!"

"Thass'a great idea... pity he can't come with us..." Clarissa's eyes lit up. "No, wait! Le's have Prim come with us! We jus' grab him 'n bring him back with us 'n don't let him leave 'n he c'n play with us!"

"You wanna... have RoxieMoxie come play with us..." Crazy Emily slowly processed what Clarissa had said. "So then... we'd be kidnapping him? 's that what you mean?"

Clarissa was already halfway across the room. She peered under a door, tail twitching slightly, then threw it open, pouncing inside. "C'mon Prim you're comin' with us t' play 'n we've got rumcake 'n clockwork squids 'n splosions 'n there's gonna be treasure!" Crazy Emily hurried toward the door to see Clarissa tugging on Admiral Tsiirock's arm, balanced on one of the arms of his chair. Of course, her balance wasn't that good at the moment... "Whoa!"

Admiral Tsiirocks drew his sword, then paused. "Wait, Clarissa?!"

Crazy Emily grabbed on his arm and tugged. "C'mon, RoxieMoxie! There's gonna be treasure 'n we made your rumcake 'n-"

"What is going on?!"

"Priiiiiiim, stop comp... complainin'..." Clarissa smacked him over the head with the handle of her sword, knocking him out.

Crazy Emily glared at her. "You didn' hafta do tha'! He woulda come with!"

"He wass complainin' too much... we'll give him some rumcake 'n then he won' mind 'nyway. Le'ss go!" Picking Tsiirocks up with one arm, Clarissa started out the door. "We wanna be back 'for he wakes up, right? 'n how much can he mind 'f we give him rumcake!" She threw the door open and started hurrying down the street, albeit with some difficulty due to the new weight over one arm.

Crazy Emily stumbled after her. "Rissa, silly! Tessie's that way!"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:37 pm 

Clarissa does an about face, puts her head down, and charges. And Crazy Emily grabs her by the collar, yanking her to one side.
"Rissa! Y' almos ran smack dab into a nuther lampost!" Thanks to Em, she missed it. Her burden wasn't as lucky. CLANG!
"...oops."
"Eh, jus' means he'll stay asleep. Come on!" Crazy Em puts an arm around the Admiral on one side, Clarissa's arm on his other side.
They duck down an alley with their burden, upon spotting a pair of officers strolling their way.
"That was close!"
"Yeah...he's awful conspi....sonpic..conspicu...obvious in his uniform."
Em grins. "We could steal stuff offa clotheline!"
"Yeah!...um...wha' clotheline?"
Indeed, there's no such thing in this area.
"Phooey. Wait..." Crazy Em leaves her new friend to hold Tsiirocks, and dashes to the mouth of the alley. A passing dowager is dragged in, but the sight of sharp steel keeps her from screaming.
"Gimme yer hat! And, lessee, wha else?"
The three are soon on their way to the docks. Admiral Tsiirocks is wrapped in a ladies cloak, and an immense hat with artificial cherries and a stuffed parrot is jammed down over his head.
Somehow, they make it to where Tessie is waiting, and the three swiftly arrive back at the Bonnie Jean. The crew studiously ignores them. It seems the wisest thing to do...
"Is that parrot...dead?"
Clarissa pokes it curiously.
Crazy Em shrugs. "maybe...'s pining for the fijords? Come on, let's make RoxieMoxie comfy before he wakes up."
"Em, we're gonna have so much fun!"
"You said it, Rissa!"

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:35 pm 

"'m bored." Clarissa quickly started poking Tsiirocks. "Prim, Priiiiiim... wake up, Prim, 'm bored..."

"Maybe y' hit him too hard..." Crazy Emily paused for a moment, then shook Tsiirocks's arm. "But I wanna know what he thinks 'f the rum cake we made... wake up, RoxieMoxie!"

After a few moments, Tsiirocks stirred. He saw the two of them looking down at him, grinning, but when he opened his mouth to ask what was going on-

"Prim, you hafta try thiss rum cake. Em's got th' *best* rum 'ver, 'n it makes 'mazing rum cake!" Clarissa grabbed a slice and stuffed the entire thing in his mouth, causing him to sputter. "What do y' think?"

"Rissa, you hafta let 'im chew a bit." After about half a second, Crazy Emily looked at him curiously. "So what do y' think? 's your recipe.. You like it?"

Tsiirocks was still muted by the cake, but at that moment, Devil Hand Mulligan walked over. He seemed more cheerful since having some of the rum cake... "Hey, Captain Jess wants t' see the two of you. Something about all the explosions and a mess."

Crazy Emily and Clarissa glanced at each other, then at Tsiirocks. Finally, Clarissa spoke. "Em... yer Captain likes Prim, right?"

"Well... yeah... but..." Crazy Emily bit her lip, trying to think. She had the feeling Captain Jess might not entirely approve of the situation, somehow... "Uh... c'n we tell her 'bout him later?"

"Isn' she gonna notice a new person onna ship? We're gonna.. we'd hafta hide him, then..." Clarissa glanced around. "Um... 'n keep him from movin'..." She grabbed some rope, then pinned Tsiirocks's arms to his sides. "Em, you tie him up... sorry Prim, but 's only f'r a li'l bit."

Crazy Emily started wrapping the rope loosely around Tsiirocks. "Um... we c'n hide him... how 'bout Captain Jess's quaet... qurat... qu-ar-ters. She won' look there..."

"Good idea!" Clarissa picked up Tsiirocks, still unable to speak due to the rum cake in his mouth, and stood up. "Wait... where's her qau- her room?"

"'ver here!" Clarissa set Tsiirocks on the floor of Captain Jess's quarters, and, upon further consideration, set another slice of rum cake on his chest, before shutting the door. Crazy Emily locked it. "'k, le'ss go!"

The two of them were soon standing in front of Captain Jess, still slightly giggly. Crazy Emily grinned at her. "Did y' need 's f'r somethin', Captain?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:23 pm 

Admiral Tsiirox ( no one ever spelled it right...) was thrown unceremoniously into the captains quarters, his mouth *still* full of rum cake. Which, admittedly, probably helped his mood more than having lowered blood sugar would have (as Mister Tinker always prattled on about) but only in the manner that a caged wolf was *slightly* less ferocious if not *starving*. It was still in a cage, and still *very* unhappy about it.

He swallowed the cake, and shook himself awake- bereft of his powdered wig (thank god for small blessings) his short, *blue-green* locks tumbled down in an undignified manner. he was... tied, yes, but not well. That was the work of a moment, and the ladies cloak and hat were disposed of easily enough. And, now...

Wait... he was in... Captain Jess' quarters. Storming out onto the ship would not be wise. not, at least, without a *sword*. Or, in a pinch, an Oar. He;d become fond of the implement after that thing in Bora-Bora- really, ad he ever *really* needed to know about Mister Tinker;s birthmark? He thought not. And...

He stared- he;d been pacing back and forth, searching for a weapon. And, instead there was... a little doll, dressed in a familiar Admirals uniform, with familiar little purple eyes...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:33 pm 

Captain Jess looks from one of the foolishly grinning miscreants to the other. And sniffs.
"All right, hand it over."
"Hand what over, Cap'n?" Crazy Emily pretends ignorance.
Jess holds out her hand, unsmiling.
With a sigh, and a sinking feeling, Em slowly hands over the rum.
Captain Jess sighes, upon seeing the familiar bottle. It's a wonder the two of them are standing! Even if they are leaning on each up to stay upright.
"I have a mission, but you're no good to me like this," Jess says bluntly. "For now, you're to go to your quarters and sleep it off. Then, ye'll start by cleanin' up the galley. Hangover or no hangover."
Clarissa's ears are drooping, and Crazy Emily is scuffling her foot, eyes downcast.
"...yes, Cap'n..."
Crazy Em's brain is in a tizzy. Captain's mad, and Queen Narbon looks so serious, and what if they don't let the two of them over together anymore, and they just...they just did something before being called on deck. Well, if it's important, it'll come to her.
Queen Narbon turns her gaze upon Clarissa. "And as for you..." Clarissa's tail swishes in adjitation as Jane deliberately pauses.
"You caused trouble on Captain Jess's ship. You'll stay here, and help clean it up-and whatever else the captain chooses to punish the two of you with."
"....Yes, Queen Narbon."
Burlington Bertie takes each of them by an elbow, and propels them to Em's quarters. The two are soon curled up, asleep, blissfully unaware of the hangover, squared, awaiting them later.
Jess grins, once they're saftly out of sight. "I haven't seen Em like that since that time in Bora-Bora!" She shakes her head, ruefully, and hands Queen Narbon half the remaining cake.
"She's a good hearted lass, and a dab hand with the weapons. I'll still run them ragged tomorrow, so she'll think twice about pullin' this again."
Jess takes a dainty nibble of cake. "Two peas in a pod, they are. Still, good cake..... Well, I need to do a little preparin' before I, and a few others, can join you on the Ruby. Oh, and I have an idea-the kraken?" Jess whispers in Jane's ear, causing an evil grin to spread across her face.
Plans made, Queen Narbon returns to the Ruby, and a cheerful Captain Jess makes her way to her quarters, after issuing orders to her first mate.
She's got a few suprises of her own in mind.
Captain Jess steps jauntily through her door-then some instinct has her sword in her hand, and the door slammed behind her,
"Well, well, well. Tsiriox himself come a callin'. Or did somebody leave me a present?" She smiles wolfishly. Her mind is racing. How did he get her? Why now? Em and Clarissa did look sheepish...nah, couldn't be.
"So, is this the part where I say, ah, me proud beauty-I have you now?"
She smirks. "Come back to join the crew, Roxie?"

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:55 pm 

-Captain Toboz and the expedition team-

Captain Toboz surveyed his men. They were eight of the heartiest and bravest NPCs his crew had to offer, men who had lived their lives on the sea and followed the way of the sword. They were cutthroat, resourceful men, with a variety of prosthetic limbs between them, each more piratey than the last. (Interchangable NPC's Peg-Pinky was the stuff of Pirate LEGEND.)

Then, there was his doppleganger: the strange, one-armed man who looked exactly like him, but claimed to be a traveler from another world. The somewhat-rickety mechanical arm he wore was a curiosity, but Captain Toboz was fairly sure by now he could trust him... the doppleganger was just too innocent to be anything other than trustworthy. He didn't even know what a poop deck was, and he seemed more concerned with that funny "Intra-Dimen-shun-al Trans-Portier" thing on his wrist and that "Plot Device" thing around his neck than anything else. He seemed harmless, but he was... useful, and willing to help.

Together, they formed a group of 10 intrepid- He felt something poking his right big toe through his boot, and looked down. There was that little blob thing he'd found at Minerva's voodoo hut... the yellow creature that spoke only in Noms and seemed to prefer following him around and sleeping on his hat. It had found an eyepatch somewhere and had taken to wearing it to cover it's right eye. And now it had somehow come into possession of a tiny cocktail sword that it had impaled a half-eaten cherry on, and was waving around like a real pirate. He sighed and smiled down at it. "Alright, matey... you can come too." The little creature had developed a strange attachment to him. He picked it up and let it sit on the brim of his hat, where it Nom'd loudly and waved its mighty blade to inspire the men. Er, together they formed a group of 11 intrepid pirates that would get in and out of Queens as fast as any pirate possibly could a respectable British-controlled city.

"Now remember... if we're gonna get the Bluelight hoard it's essential that we get this cursed gold. So we need to move with all haste to the abandoned house to the north of the port city of Queens, in the spooky tropical forest, and get in and out before anyone catches wise to us. And GOD save us all if we don't get out of there by nightfall! I don't want to have to deal with any potential pirate ghosts." He folded his arms. "Can I get a "Yar!", gentlemen?"

"Yar!"

"Excellent, excellent. Now let's move out!" The group began dismounting from the Captain's Fancy and entering the port city of Queens, trying their best to look like completely normal citizens and NOT cutthroat (or cut-finger, in at least one case) pirate gentlemen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Some of the NPCs left behind-

They looked at the Pink wood of the hull of the Captain's Fancy. Their captain had ordered them to repaint this extremely girly ship before they had to leave. Reusable NPC looked over at his buddy, Liability NPC. "So...wot then? I'm thinkin' green?"

"Nay! Blue! The capt'n'd want a blue ship!"

"Green!"

"Blue!"

This argument would only get successively sillier from here.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:19 pm 

Tsiirox diddn;t answer just yet- instead he held up the Doll he had found, his face a perfect deadpan. It was a credit to hsi self controll that his stern, humorless expression diddn;t so much as twinge as Captain Jess stared at it in horror, a slight red flushing coming up on her face.

"....Hey... what do you know! My voo-doo doll worked!" she bluffed, crossing her arms and mentally curing herself for not tucking *that* away.

"Uh huh. Sure. And Mister Tinker only has a portrait of Captain Toboz up in his room for 'identification purposes'. I was *shanghaied* by your damn drunken sirens, if you must know." he said, somehow managing to make the little doll appear to be glaring at her as well. *If* he was in fact glad to see her again, gladder still to be away from his office (which was too ig) and hsi wig (which he despised), and had been hankering for a decent adventure for weeks, you could only tell by a very slight glint in his eyes... and the fact that he hadn't just dived out a window yet.

Speaking of the Good Lieutenant Tinker...
Only the Admiral called him 'Mister'- he in fact a Lieutenant, a Doctor, and even a Lord. But it was something of a mark of respect between them. Comradery, even. His Lordship Doctor Lieutenant Andrew Cannon Omega Particle Prince du Risk von Tinker of Sturmhalt had been at the Admirals side for most of his career, and was an established Pirate Hunter of some note.

For simplicity;s sake, he was primarily known as Red Coat Andrew among those he hunted. Right now, he had been alerted to the Admirals disappearance, and was readying himself for the hunt...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:26 pm 

-The Ship Repair Team!-

Reusable NPC scowled at his compatriot. "Green!"

Liability NPC glared back. "Blue!"

"Green!"

"Blue!"

"Green!"

"Blue!"

"Chartreuse!"

"Teal!"

"I say the universe is going to red shift into oblivion!"

"And I postulate that our understanding of Astrophysics isn't refined enough to make that assumption!"

Clever Female NPC looked down at the two from her vantage point on the ship. She could never quite understand anything those two were ever talking about. Friggin' intellectuals... they were far, far smarter than any pirate really had a need to be. Shrugging as they began babbling about some sort of "Strand theory", she returned to her original mission of finishing construction on the 3rd mast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Captain Toboz and his team-

"Hey... Topspin... er, I mean, captain..." Captain Toboz looked back to see Replacable NPC, his first mate.

"Yes? What is it, Mister NPC?"

"Well... what exactly happened during yer last voyage, sir? We've all heard you say about how you crossed blades wit' the pirate queen Narbon, and how you got on the wrong side of the British government, but 'ow are the two related?"

Captain Toboz paused. "Well, you 'ave ta'understand that this is me second real piratey thing I've ever done..." He grinned nervously. "'fore I left Britain, I was... um... a hatter."

David tilted his head. "A what?"

"A hatter, ok! I made hats!" Captain Toboz scowled, pushing up the brim of his surprisingly well-crafted pirate's hat as they passed a bar in Queens "But, well, see...I was payin' me taxes one morn, see, and-"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-A half-hour later, on the outskirts of the forest-

"-So there I was, trapped in tha' brig of Admiral Tsiirox's flagship, an' in a roit jam, 'cause I lost all me stuff 'fore they threw me in there. So with the bone I found under a matress, I got the guard dog to-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Fifteen minutes later-

"Corsairs to the right of me, corsairs to the left of me, an' then there was me, stuck in the middle wit' Narbon!" Captain Toboz grinned. "It looked to be the death of me, but I still had my rubber chicken with the squeeky pulley through the legs, an' a pack of breath mints, so what I did was-"

-Fifteen minutes later, outside an abandoned house in the middle of a tropical forest-

"-an' then I left the bouquet a'sea orchids on toppa Red Coat Andy's bed, and dived out the porthole a'tha ship, sneaking away from the Navy fleet. I woulda made it t'safety, too, if I hadn't been so sleep-deprived. But when I woke up I hadn't drowned, but merely washed up onshore Goldgleam island. An' thats the tale of me first great voyage!" He grinned. "Oh hey, we're here already."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:44 pm 

Captain Jess huffs, and returns the...glares. (The doll, too?) Her mind is racing...what to do?
Okay, do something to those two drunken fools. Later.
Narbon-oh, god. She can't leave the Bonny Jean to go with Jane to Queens now! Not with Tsiirox aboard...
Plus, she has a sinking feeling she'd best warn Jane that she'll be heading into a hornet's nest...maybe. Think about that later. Jess'd rather not tell Jane that Tsiirox is aboard, if she can avoid it, but that may not be possible.
All right. She'll suggest to Jane that she take the Bonny Jean on ahead to Ahi Island. That way, if Toboz slips away in Queens, they'll have a jump on catching him at his eventual destination. Send a crewmember over with a note for Jane, maybe have them pick up Clarissa's belongings, since she's stuck with her for a little while. Only fitting that Crazy Em and Clarissa be punished together, after all, all the trouble the two of them have caused Jess.
All this flashes through her mind while she and Tsiirox are glaring at each other. Hmm, that glint in his eye argues he's perhaps not as upset as he's letting on.
"Well, however ye got here, I wouldn't dream of ye leavin' so soon." Captain Jess stalks forward, still smiling wolfishly. Her hand reaches out, cups his chin...then makes a lightning fast grab for the doll. Smirking, she tucks it away inside her jacket. "Be glad I haven't cause to stick it full of pins yet. Now, what to do with ye?"
She rubs her chin, thoughtfully. "Lock you in? Throw you in irons, perhaps?"
Come to think of it, her best bet would be to knock him out again, at least until they're far enough from land to make swimming impossible.
Hmm...

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:38 pm 

Tsiirox noted that as she tucked away the doll, he suddenly felt *warmer*. Best, he considered, not to think about that one much. And funny how he had never seen most people keeping a voodoo doll on their bed... well, except for Corporal Cutename, but she was a special case.

"Or... we could both quietly agree that I was *clearly* kidnapped kicking and screaming onto a nefarious pirates ship, thus preventing me from my duties. And in the meantime, a 'private dinner'- coerced on my part, of course." he patted himself down, finding a cigarette case e kept tucked down his sleeve for just such an occasion. He pulled one out, calmly lighting it with a match he pulled from down his shirt. He gave her a very slight smile, sitting down and raising an eyebrow.

"Of course, your cohorts *did* ply me with that damn rumcake, so clearly you;re taking advantage of my addled state of mind. But so long as this is the case, maybe we could discuss the situation. Savvy?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next