Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Seas are Awash With the Sound of Madness
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:43 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

-Aboard the Wardrobe Malfunction-

Shere, better known as Mr. Kitty, yowled, his rear in a bucket of seawater. "They singed me bottom! They singed me bottom! Grrrrrrrrr!" he snarled, cooling his butt. The Wardrobe Malfunction rocked, one of the cannon balls striking the ship, but it pressed on, sailing straight towards the Bonny Jean. Shere bided his time. He was crap with a cannon and couldn't really swim that well, but once they needed boarding parties he'd be one of their best men and they knew it. No ship was better 'n the Wardrobe Malfunction for chasing other vessels down, and they were getting pretty close to the Bonny Jean... it was only a matter of time.

Captain Drezzie was like a goddess of war amidst a sea of activity. "Lads! Return fire with the cannons! Master Hawk! Run the numbers and estimate how long it'll take for that clocky-cracken ta' bust free! Two minutes a'fore it does, fire on it wit' more a'tha cords! Dead Eye Dick, shoot that guy! Now that guy!"

Dead Eye Dick manned one of the cannons, using them with disturbing precision, and waiting until they got within the range of flintlock pistols, his particular specialty. Suddenly, he found his captain grabbing him. "Mister Dick... fire me out of a cannon, an' aim fer that porthole roit there... tha's the Captain's quarters, make no mistake! Yer in charge!"

In a few moments, Dead Eye Dick had fired his cannon again, and Captain Drezzie went screaming over the waves, riding a cannon ball, her hat in her hands, as she smashed through the porthole, falling straight into Captain Jess's private quarters...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:37 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked at Captain Toboz. "Actually, I was wondering... I know what's past is past, and all that, and... well... don't you think it would be a good idea to leave port together? If nothing else, there's safety in numbers. I'll tag along until I get to somewhere you'll be safe, and then I'll dash off. What do you say?"

With luck, soon the two would be nearby. One protecting the other... and Toboz right under Jane's thumb.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:38 pm 

Captain Jess curses upon seeing the cannonball riding Drezzie crash through the porthole. "Stuart!," she calls to her first mate. "Gather some crew, go below, and catch that $%@!"
First mate Anne Stuart calls out an "Aye Aye!" as she runs, tagging a party to accompany her. Devil Hand Mulligan is among them.
"The rest of ye! Repel boarders!"
The crew fires another cannon volley. All have lightning swords, but for now it's time for flintlocks.
"Em! Do something about that marksman of theirs!"
"Tessie could-"
"Tessie's tied up! You don't waste time wishin' for what we don't have-when yer in a fight you use what you DO have! Just take care of him!" Captain Jess snaps.
Crazy Emily ponders furiously. She tugs on Clarissa's arm. "We need to take out that sharpshooter they have! You with me, 'Rissa?"
"Sure! What are we going to do?"
"Um..."
Soon Clarissa is holding an oar, in a manner reminiscent of a baseball bat. Em lobs a bundle her way, with a "Batter up!"
Dead Eye Dick finds what looks like a loosely wadded up ball of laundry (containing underpants, if only Drezzie knew!) heading straight for him.
Shooting it won't deflect it-but he can knock it aside with the flat of a blade easy enough.
The ragged bundle of laundry falls apart-and the glass vial tucked inside drops to the deck. The tinkle of broken glass goes unheard among the sounds of battle. And a green mist wafts into the air...

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:12 pm 

-Captain Toboz-

"Ah...." he paused. "Aaaaaactually... I'm kinda going to be doing something really dangerous. If ya want to come along I won't stop ya, but I can't guarentee it'll be safe." He decided not to mention going after the Bluelight hoard. Most people reacted poorly to it. "I'll carry ye to another port ye wanna go to, but once we get there you should get someplace safe." He stood up. "I'm gonna do it this time. I'm gonna set the seafaring world afire!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David Toboz-

He tilted his head at Red Coat Andy. "You wanted to see Captain Toboz?" He shrugged. "Shouldn't be hard... he got dragged off back into town by an old friend of his. Some lady who wanted to see him really badly, for some reason. I bet if we searched we could find him pretty easily, and I wanted to see Queens anyway. Wanna go?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Captain Drezzie, The Panty Pirate-

Sitting up and getting her bearings, the Panty Pirate tried to keep her head from spinning. "Ooo.... cannonballs shoot hard. Owie..." She sat up, looking around the captain's cabin. The FIRST thing she did was lock the door, just as she head a loup THUMP from the other end, and the door knob twist in vain. "Arr! Now fer the panties!" She turned to Captain Jess's chest of drawers, rifling through her clothing, and selecting several fine garmets, which she stuffed in her pockets. One of the more amusing patterned undergarmets she slid on her head, replacing her pirate hat, which had gotten badly smushed in the crash.

Drawing her sword, she turned to the door, as the pirates were starting to batter it down. She'd wait until they got in, and cut her way out!"

-Dead Eye Dick-

"Grrgh..." Pulling a sock off his eyepatch, Dead Eye Dick scowled. "What is this mist... I can't see through it..." He shrugged. "We're going to have to do this the hard way, then..." Rushing to the wheel, he started steering the ship, pulling it around to the rear of the Bonny Jean, rather than to either the port or starboard side. In just a few moments they'd be close enough to... He turned and barked orders. "Most hands off the cannons! Get boarding parties ready!"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:29 am 

The clockwork kraken allows itself to sink, trying to get out of reach of any more shots of those blasted steel cords. Tessie writhes, still entangled, managing to roll aside just enough, as the next batch comes drifing down.
On the Bonny Jean-Burlington Bertie manages to slam the captain's door down. To be met by a sword waving maniac with underwear on her head. He falls, his shoulder cut open.
And Devil Hand Mulligan steps into the breach. He grins terribly, hefting a razor sharp cleaver-and tosses a handful of black pepper right in the she devil's face!
In retrospect, considering the small quarters, this was not his best idea...
Panty Pirate and crew alike are choking, gasping for breath, blinded-
"AhCHOO!"
"Bless you."
"Sniff. Ah...Ah...CHOOO!"
In all the confusion, Drezzie manages to slip out. It's a few moments before the crew catches on.
"I got her! I got her!"
"Get yer paws off me, ya lummox!"
"Oops."

On deck, Captain Jess scowls at the Wardrobe Malfunction's latest manuver. The crew rushes to the stern, and prepares to repel boarders.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:56 pm 

-The Panty Pirate-

"Ar-*cough, cough*-r!" she gagged on the pepper, as she made her way out of the Bonny Jean's hold, her pockets stuffed with her "treasure".

The blasted pepper was clawing and itching at her eyes. She gagged and coughed, parrying a sword blow mustered against her and fighting her way towards The Wardrobe Malfunction.

Someone was about to over take her, only to find a pouncing tiger landing on him as they got close enough to the boat. Shere grinned and licked the human he was sitting on, swinging a sword with his tail deftly. (It wasn't strong enough to use the sword to protect him, but he thought it looked cool.)

Captain Drezzie coughed up at Dead Eye Dick. "Arr! I've *Gag* got the treasure... let's get going!"

Dead Eye Dick tilted his head. "You know the rule. To keep the crew happy we raid their holds too. Not just underwear."

Captain Drezzie pouted. "Aww... but... *Cough cough*... can't I just give them another share of the treasure we got last week?" She pouts. "We've got sooo much..."

Dead Eye Dick rolled his one eye. "I suppose... FALL BACK, MEN! WE'VE DONE GOOD THIS DAY!"

The men and women of the Wardrobe Malfunction began to make a fighting retreat...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Captain Toboz-

He reapproached his crew, with Jane in tow. "This is... a friend. Her ship will be following us to the next island. Where's my cousin?"

David was standing behind them. "Here, sir!"

For a brief moment, Captain Jane realized there were TWO David Tobozes there... only one had what looked to be a metallic arm that was falling apart.

Captain Toboz grinned, looking up at his freshly repainted, now-blue ship. "Excellent... we set sail for Paradise Island first, to drop my friend off, and then for Ahi Island!" He grinned.

The Captain's Fancy set sail...

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:57 pm 

Captain Jess glowers at the rapidly fleeing Wardrobe Malfunction. The Dread Pirate Drezzie can be seen waving, a pair of Cpt. Jess's finest unmentionables perched jauntily on her head.
"Orders, Cap'n?" Ferret face Franky inquires.
".....Let them go. We have more important business to attend to." She carefully avoids Admiral Tsiirock's glance.
"EM! The kraken?", she asks.
"Tessie's almost free!" Crazy Emily chirps.
"All right. Then full speed ahead for Ahi Island, and treasure!"
The crew gives a cheer.
"But first, take that bedammed laundry off the rigging!"
Captain Jess has a dangerous glint to her eyes. The Panty Pirate had best beware...

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:09 pm 

Ahi Island was, it could be said, a paradise.

It had everything you'd expect a tropical island to have: an active volcano, lots of palm trees, a few sources of fresh water, mysterious ruins from an ancient civilization, indigenous tribes of savages hostile to outsiders, and absolutely no ports, docks, or traces of civilization other than a few abandoned pirate shanties that had been established before the prevoius owners realized that there were natives already on the island who wanted you off.

It was even rumored that it contained a maze of caverns beneath it's surface which led beneath the water and to other islands, but that was disputable and had never been proven and would be quite silly besides.

Regardless, it was a place of wild natural beauty, which, like a wild animal, was best appreciated at a distance... or perhaps just left alone.

And it was about to become the center of one of the greatest pirate struggles in recent history within the next few days.

Captain Jess' ship sailed towards it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paradise Island, alternatively, was fairly tame.

Although not explicitly a government-run island, there was nevertheless a modest port town built up around the cove leading into the island. A very nice place to visit, it was rife with fruits, animals, and natural beauty ranging from a small mountain to a lovely forest. A frequent hang-out for pirates and merchants with confidence in their security, it formed a bit of a neutral ground for anyone who cared to frequent it.

It was also fairly close to Ahi Island, although that wasn't usually important.

Captain Toboz's ship, followed by Jan Narbon's, were both within sight of the island...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:20 pm 

Part 3: Ahi Island

Sailing on a ship can be considered to be long periods of tedium punctuated by brief intervals of panic and chaos.

This is especially true if you're the captain.

The captain of a ship is rarely also the person navigating it. Or driving it, for that matter. If you have a crew, odds are that there are people better than you at both jobs. And the menial labor of the ship is also more or less done by people other than yourself, or at least you might think so.

This might at least partially explain why Captain Toboz was tied up and hanging from the mast right now.

"Come on, guys!" he scowled. "Look, I SAID I'm sorry about us running out of food. I know you're all hungry. But I gave up my private stores... what more do you want? Come on... this isn't a mutiny, is it? Let me DOOOOOWN!"

All this was occuring, of course, outside the attention of the ship following theirs towards Ahi Island, which was, unbenownst to them all, Captained by Captain Jane Narbon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Ahi Island-

A group of natives watched the approaching ship known as The Bonny Jean with trepidation and growling stomachs.

As soon as a landing crew arrived they all knew what to do...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:50 pm 

"There it is. Ahi island." Captain Jess stows away her spyglass. "That thievin' Tozzpot will be coming here, to try to forge his own amulet half. And we'll be waitin' for him. Not to mention, he'll have Jane hot on his heels. Heh."
The Bonny Jean has pulled around to a hidden cove, out of sight. Tessie lurks just under the surface, on the alert. The longboat being rowed to the island has Crazy Emily, Clarissa, Captain Jess, Admiral Tsiirocks, and assorted other crew members. All armed, of course.
Time to do a little exploring...

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:31 pm 

-On Ahi Island-

The Natives watched the longboat disembarking. One of them, wearing a large lemon-shaped mask, turned and faced another one with an Orange-shaped mask. "<Ok, Citrus, you know what to do, right? Once they approach, we raise the spears, and then...>"

The other one, wearing the Orange-shaped mask, turned back to him. "<We've been preparing for a while, I know what to do!>"

As the longboat touched the sand, they both lifted their spears, and...

The men and women on the Longboat watched as two natives walked out to the beach to approach them, each holding a spear up above their heads. The spears had a white sheet tied between the two of them, with something written on it in red dye:

"Ahi Island Spa and Resort Welcoming Committee"

The Lemon-masked native looked at them. "<Greetings>" He coughed, slipping out of his simple and ingenuous language and into a heavily accented English. "Greetings and welcomeeee! We're very very exciiiiited to see new cuuuuustomerrrrrrs here!" He planted his spear in the ground. "Nowwww then... if you'll all just wallllk this way with your expensive and rare metal currency, we'll be haaaaappy to arrrrrange for a cabana suite for all of you...."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:38 am 

Captain Jess exchanges a glance with Admiral Tsiirocks. "....cabana suite?"
She wasn't expecting this.
Lemon continues. "Barrrrbeque on the beach tonight, with a speeecial performance by the Ahi Histoooorical Reenactment and Daance Troop!"
Shrugging, the landing party follows their strange guides. After all, the ship has their orders on what to do if they don't hear from them at the appointed time.
At the entrance to a magnificant hut, Orange mask utters something in their native tongue, and a young boy dashes out. He's wearing a Kumquat mask, and holding a tray of mixed drinks.
"A complimentary cocktail whiiiile we wait!"
Ferret Face Franky is handed a glass filled with a murky green liquid.
It appears to be rimmed in sugar-closer examination will reveal it to be fine sand. A frond of seaweed drapes over the edge as a garnish.
Nervous, he discreetly brushes a small bit of the sand from the rim, and takes a gulp of the kelp cocktail. Wouldn't do to be rude...
He still remembers the story of what happened to the crew of the AlmaViva when they insulted their hosts by refusing the braintarts being served for elevensies. Brrr!!
"Ah...got a nice tang to it." And a high alcohol content, if he's any judge.
Kumquat nudges Lemon. <He drank it! Pay up! Man, tourists will try anything!>

C Valente

Last edited by chicgeek on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 am 
Hyperkeeper

As the crew advanced up the beach, a strange voice suddenly hailed them.

"Stop!"

A dark shadow jumped out from one side of the path, landing in the pirates' way. Half a second later, another dark shadow leaped from the other side. This one was smaller than the other, and wore her hair in a ponytail. Both were wearing dark, concealing outfits.
It was the two ninja.

"Wait!" the smaller of the two ninja said, waving her arms. "Don't go any further! It's a trap! They plan to--"

"They don't eat people, and we've got plans for if it turns out they really do. Now get outta the way!" someone said.

"No, no," said the larger of the two. "They plan to lead you on a guided tour, giving you top-quality services on credit. Then, they intend to charge astronomically inflated prices, forcing you to spend years paying off your bill... at a suitable rate of interest, of course."

The small one took up where the large one left off. "If you don't believe us, they've got lawyers! Waiting out of sight, in the shadows! They have briefcases, and masks made of paper! Go and look! See what you're getting yourselves into! BEWARE!"

Everyone went silent, but for different reasons.

The natives, unsurprisingly, with their plans foiled, started to glare at the ninjas. After a few seconds, a rustling in the bush announced the appearance of the islander lawyers, who hung back, briefcases at the ready.

The pirates, meanwhile, were trying to figure out the answer to one simple question.
Hey, weren't those the ninja that....??

The silence stretched on, longer than it deserved. Finally, Ferret-Face Franky figured it out.

Pointing at the two, he yelled, "Hey! You're those rotten ninja what stole the Cap'n's talisman!"

Everything happened very quickly after that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 pm 

-Back on the Captain's Fancy-

"Seriously!" Captain Toboz hung from the main mast, trying to work the ropes so he could escape. "Seriously! I'm not a BAD captain, am I? Come on, let me down..."

Obstinate NPC watched him. "'s not for me to say, sir. I'm just followin' orders. The new cap'n wants you watched and dangling from the mast 'elplessly."

Captain Toboz sighed, and let himself dangle for a few moments. Then, his eyes widened. "LOOK! Out there, off the starboard bow! A mermaid named Clamette!"

"Where?" Obstinate NPC turned and looked out into the water nearby.

Clamette stared back up at him from a rock, where she had been combing her hair. "Whaaaaaaaaat?!? Geeze, must I always be used as a distraction?"

Obstinate NPC was starting to turn down when he felt the pommel of a blade impacting his head. "Aw... why did we leave him his sword, anyways?"

Captain Toboz looked up. "Time! Time!"

David burst out of the captain's office. "About 7 minutes, 45 seconds."

Captain Toboz resheathed his sword. "Hm... only 20 seconds longer than last time, and still not breaking our record. Yer slipping, lads!"

There was a loud groan from members of the crew. No one really understood why Captain Toboz insisted on training his crew for the event of a mutiny. By that, he didn't mean training them for if other crew members betrayed the crew, he meant if the ENTIRE crew decided to mutiny against HIM. It seemed, at least to them, to be somewhat counterproductive. Why would he go out of his way to teach them how to better capture, kill, or combat him?

What Captain Toboz had come to believe, though, was that, if you trained people hard enough, until the training stuck in their minds, when the situation they'd trained for actually came, they'd usually insist on doing things EXACTLY by the book. Every time.

Which would make it much easier for a sneaky captain to escape, now wouldn't it?

The lookout in the Crow's nest cried out. They'd finally reached the settlement near Ahi Island... from here, the plan was to drop off Miss Jane's Merchanter vessel, and then quickly sail to Ahi island. They'd already gotten the ingredients they needed for the medallion, so they just needed to get to the peak of the volcano.

The lookout shifted his spyglass towards Ahi Island itself. He didn't see any vessels, so it should be completely clear sailing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-On Ahi-

Lemon paused for a moment, before speaking again, sounding disturbingly self-satisfied. "Aaaaactuuualllly.... just setting fooot on private Ahi tribal preeeeeserve lands prooooovokes ah fiiiiive huuuundrreeed piiiiieeeeces of eaaaaaaght fiiiine."

He watched as, in a panic, the Ninjas took off in one direction, with pirates chasing after them. He turned to his associate, Kumquat, speaking in their simplistic tribal language. "<Well, that didn't quite work out well, did it, old chap?>"

Kumquat nodded. "<Quite. But now we have in our possession their landing vessel, just as we do those pesky ninjas. Shall we deal with the freeloaders the usual way, my good sir?>"

Lemon nodded. "<Indeed. Ready the Ambulance-Chasers and get someone to move their landing vessel to one of the innermost villages.> (Ambulance-Chaser, in this context, is a title given by the delightfully simplistic Ahi Islanders to some of their most fearsome War-Attorneys.) <These foreigners won't escape the Ahi Island chamber of commerce.... UNLITIGATED. They'll either pay up or work off their debts, just like the other pirates.>

Kumquat nodded. "<Indeed.>"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:26 pm 

Clarissa was running from something... for some reason... and there were ninjas...

She had no idea what was going on. She poked Prim. "When do we get to fight people? And why are we running anyway? ...is there something scary?" Prim usually protected her from scary things, but if he were running, too...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:55 pm 

-A while later, on Ahi Island-

Lemonhead held up his arms, draped in his ceremonial garb. "<Mighty Volcano god, we invoke you!>"

Captain Toboz blinked, looking around at the people nearby him. "You know, it's funny how these things work out." He looked around at their situation. He, as well as Admiral Tsiirox (who he was still nervous around, considering how the last time they'd crossed swords he'd almost sunk the unsinkable flagship of the Admiral's fleet, and he imagined too it very seriously), Captain Jess and several of her crew, including that Mad Em girl, and Pirate Queen Jane Narbon and her crewmate Clarissa, plus several other people they didn't really know, were all tied up and bound in the rapidly-heating cauldron of water. There were two ninjas there too, who surprisingly enough seemed to be tied up TWICE: once each, and then they had both been tied back-to-back against each other. Captain Toboz raised his eyebrow. "I had no idea that the island was a huge tourist trap. And when I found out that all of you had wracked up huge debts, I guess I should have been suspicious. But amidst all the hilarious antics, I guess I sorta lost track of things. I'm not even honestly sure how all of us even got here."

The pot bubbled. They were all starting to smell disturbingly delicious. He looked over. All their weapons had been taken from them, and were laying in a pile nearby, separated from them by about 23 rather irritated tribal entrepreneurs. Captain Toboz blinked. "Eeew... the hot water's making something funny happen in my pants..."

This prompted a lot of disgusted looks at him, until people saw some of the cursed voodoo gold he'd acquired earlier melting up in the pot. "That's weird... gold shouldn't melt at these temperatures..." Captain Toboz blinked. "Hey! It's reshaping into... the other half of the Monkey-Eagle Talisman!" He grinned. "If only my arms weren't tied up, I could grab it, and I'd have both halves... well, the other half is over in the pile of all our stuff, but still..."

Lemonhead turned towards the volcano. "<Mighty Volcano God Eh'Tah! We ask you to awaken! These penniless beggars have incurred the grievous sin of having large debts in our fragile, tribal economy! We have prepared a great meal for you, Mightly Volcano God! Please partake of your favorite, Dine-N-Dasher soup!>"

Captain Toboz looked up at him. "Umm... you think you can let us go? We actually DO have some money... it's just on our ships, not here..."

Lemonhead glared at him and slipped into the common tongue. "Weeeee do nnoooooot bellliieeeeve you! Liiiiiar!"

Captain Toboz sighed. "So... do any of you have any ideas for how to get out of here? I could get us out if I had a rubber chicken with a pulley through the legs, but I seem to be short on them right now..."

In just a few minutes when the ceremony was concluded, they would find themselves being thrown into the firey lava of the volcano, sacrafices to Eh'Tah, the youthful volcano diety!

-Meanwhile, on Captain Toboz's ship, the Captain's Fancy-

David Toboz, known to the crew as Captain Toboz's strange double who claimed to be from another world, sat with some of the NPC crew, waiting for the Captain to get back from Ahi Island... he looked over. "Hey, Nameless NPC... what exactly IS the Bluelight hoard, anyway?"

Nameless scoffed. "Yew don't know? Hah!"

David paused. "...well?"

Nameless paused. "It's... er...uh... a huge fashin' pile a loot, ah'd wager!"

Nearby, Nondescript NPC rolled his eyes. "Nay! I've heard it's a big ol' ship, the fastest one there is! With cannons that fire exploding cannon balls lit on fire!"

Unremarkable NPC shook his head. "Yer both wrong! Ish sum kinna voodoo-enhanced sword, makin' ya the best swordfighter there is!"

David paused. "So... no one really knows what it is?"

Nameless NPC sighed. "Nay... but everyone knows it's a prize fit for only the greatest pirate ever! That's why it's so valuable!"

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:01 am 

Crazy Em stands on her tippytoes. It's a big pot, and, short as she is, her face is barely peeking over the top of the water.
"Hey! You're standing on my feet!"
An elbow is dug into someone's side. Someone else is shoved. And a metaphorical light bulb flashes above Em's head.
"It's a crazy idea, but it just might work!" She shoves and pushes with a vengance, and it spreads faster than a barroom brawl. Captain Jess catches on quickly. She calls out to the others, "Grab on to each other! Feet, bound hands, anything!"
The pot rocks back and forth on it's base, and before the islanders know what's happening, tips over!
"WHOOHOO! KATAMARI!", Shouts Crazy Em, and the bundle of prisoners rolls forward, over their piled belongings.
Weapons and talisman halves are grabbed in teeth, or tucked in elbows, or simply wedged in uncomfortably, as the katamari dancy rumbles forward.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:18 pm 

Clarissa squirmed around in the pot. Queen Narbon was here! And she was supposed to be working for Captain Jess and she hadn't done ANYTHING and she was supposed to be working on finding the treasure thing for Queen Narbon... and she couldn't even remember what that was...

She managed to get to the point where she could kick Captain Tapniz in the shins, and proceeded to do so as the pot tumbled along. She also started working a knife out of one of her pockets so that she could cut through the bindings on her hands. But the kicking thing was more important.

Kick, kick, kick.

...why was she annoyed with him again? Queen Narbon didn't like him, maybe. Her hands were almost free. Queen Narbon was probably free already. And she could grab that talisman half if Queen Narbon was busy doing more important things.

She should do something pirate-y, too. She hadn't been very good about that lately. "Yar!" Hopefully that would suffice.

Kick, kick, kick...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:36 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Captain Kinestro peeked open an eye and looked around cautiously. Even with the precaution he felt his hangover take its vengeance. Cursing quietly he tried to remember what had happened last night, with little success. All he could remember was rum, lots and lots of rum, and a bit of beer, oh and some wine, and then there were other drugs involved, and cough medicine possibly. It all got blurry after a bit. All in all, a good night. Though he now apeared to be in rather warm... no rather hot water with quite a few other people. And one of them was shouting. Oh, why did they have to shout? He could hear a pin drop right now, and someone was shouting in his ear.

Oh, well, if he was going to have a splitting headache he may as well go all the way. Opening both eyes slightly, to a firm squint, he looks around. He appeared to be in a sacrificial pot thingie, and yes that is the professional term for it, with a few other people. Who were trying to escape by rocking the pot. It was a good plan, which made Kinestro a bit happier. He wouldn't have to try and come up with a plan himself. That would take too much effort at the moment, what with the headache and the shouting person. Oh, and now the pot is rolling. Wonderful, just the perfect way to cap things off. Now he couldn't tell if his dizziness was from the pot or his hangover. Too bad he hadn't drunk himself to death last night.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:13 pm 
Heh heh heh.

The cauldron rolled slowly at first, gradually picking up speed. Soon, it was moving down the island's hilly paths faster than any of the natives could run to catch it.

"This was a great idea!" Jane shouted, trying not to think what the motion would do in the dizziness department later. The path to the shore lay straight ahead of them. Only a single fork, coming rapidly ahead, seemed to stand in their way. A signpost proclaimed "Left: Shore, Right: Scenic Trails".

"Lean left!" one of the ninjas yelled, as the cauldron headed for the cliff gap between the two paths. The people leaned— but this only sent the cauldron turning to the right, away from the promised path. "Lean right!" someone else yelled on seeing this... but the new lean only sent the cauldron skidding even more to the right.
Into the trail network.

Seeing where the cauldron had gone, the natives started to cheer. They knew this ground. Several of them scuttled off to various routes, hoping to catch the escapees.
Meanwhile, the cauldron was picking up speed. The trails were steep, plunging as they crossed great gaps, only to go over and under other trails as they forked and recombined in confusing switchbacks. By now, the signs were whizzing by too fast. It was all the riders could do to keep their improvised steed on course.

Just then, a native jumped out of the brush ahead of them. "Ahhhhhhh ha! Wwwwwwe now have you— AAAUGH!"
As he realized the caudron wasn't going to stop, the native turned and ran, as the giant rolling ball advanced with intent to bowl over. He didn't stop to look back, neatly tripping a few of the tourist traps lining the trail as the pirates advanced on him. As a new fork appeared, the native pulled out a whip, latching onto a branch and sending himself swinging out of danger.

The intersections were coming faster now, and the abundance of hills (with EasyClimb™ stairways) meant the ball rolled at a speed so fast that it was impossible to be sick. The paths switched between packed forest trails to smooth gravel overlooks to stone native roadways with abandon, the cauldron shooting sparks at carved idols as it passed. Only the frantic leaning of its passengers kept the pot on course. Soon, the paths began going downwards more often, as the trees thinned out.

Then, the pot and its passengers collided with a large, flat board, which abruptly flipped up, sending them flying.
"Iiiiiiiiit's time for a nice gaaaaaame of Escape The Island Pinball!" called one of the natives, who was watching from something resembling a lifeguard's chair. Another native manipulated a control board which sent the flippers (for that's what they were) flying. The would-be escapees bounced off a number of extraordinarily springy wood pillars, before knocking against the side of the arena (stone), and falling back towards the flippers waiting below. The announcer didn't help any.

"Iiiit's Deadly Danger mode! Can our escapees squish 5 giant razor-toothed beetles before the time runs out?"

As the cauldron passed over the thick beetle hides, the smaller ninja groaned, "...never... coming... back..."

"Avoid the Sand Vortex!"

The pirates leaned with all their might. Fortunately, the native on the flippers was a good shot, and routinely sent them hurtling away.

"Can you survive.... the GAUNTLET?"

The ball passed through the last dart-shooter gate with much cursing and swearing on the part of the cauldron riders.

"Aaand nowwwww for the finaaaaal chhhhhhallennnnnnge!"

The 'ball' hit the Tsunami bumpers, was sent flying down to the gap, where the natives waited, was narrowly juggled on the flippers by the native at the controls, then with one strong, pure flip, was sent back up another chute, leading to a stone path—

"That'sssss aaaaammmmmmaaaaazing! The super-ultra-hard Volcano Escape Shot!! EXTRA BALL!"

The cauldron, meanwhile, was traveling up a spiraling stone path, one without side trails or forks. The EasyClimb™ system's power had been doubled, sending the pirates flying up the path, which leveled out, until it led to a ramp, which was aimed...

...straight at the volcano.

TIme seemed to slow of a brief second while the cauldron was upright, giving the passengers time to gaze upon their impending doom. Everyone did a single take.

Noticing the ramp at the end, Jane did some very quick calculations. Then, she yelled, "We'll be upside down at the ramp. Everyone get ready to push!"
The ramp was almost upon them. True to Jane's word, the Cauldron had almost turned upside down. Jane yelled, as the cauldron zoomed up the ramp, "Aaaaand.... now..... PUSH!!!!!"

With one arc, the cauldron flew up, up.... and over the great crater of the volcano, landing just on the other side and continuing to roll. Now, the path led downwards, twisting and turning around all the vistas of the island as (through bridges, tunnels, and the occasional crossroads) the new road led over, under, and around paths the escapees had traveled before. Signs flashed by, with their ink actually shifting to the red. By the second go-round, the end was in sight. The path led them onward, over a rope bridge, above the 'pinball game' on an overhead ramp (several of the pirates waved as they passed by), then forwards, gradually rising as it led to the cove where the ships were moored.

The ball accelerated one final time, as it reached the cliff above the mooring points. The path led around to another viewpoint, but a lean moved it onto a side path the islanders had built, which led a short distance to the cliff point at the highest, most jutting tip of the island. Where the natives had set up a launching ramp.

With all the speed the cauldron had built up, it was impossible to stop. In a sharpened second, the makeshift escape vehicle had covered the path and was flying off the ramp, the cheers of the escapees sounding loud as the cauldron flew like a great cannonball....

....straight at the ship of Cap'n Toboz.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:02 pm 

-Meanwhile, on the Horizon-

A Ship loomed, coming into sight of the island. Wherever it sailed, the ocean trailed behind it neon, strange colors... it was said if it stayed in harbor too long, the fish pulled up in nets would fight back. Or, in one notable case, start making deals vis a vs household scraps for nourishing kelp. It struck dread into the heart of pirates at the flap of it;s sky-blue sails... and fear in the hearts of the Navy Accountants.

This Ship was none other then Admirals own ship... The Mad Blue Yonder.

Standing at the fore of the ship was His Lordship Doctor Lieutenant Andrew Cannon Omega Particle Prince du Risk von Tinker of Sturmhalt himself, his coat-buttons gleaming in the tropic sunlight.

They were short a Captain, and meant to find him... whatever it might take.

-Speaking Of...-

Tsiirox had discovered that cocktail had... a... kick. For one thing, while he did notice the world spinning, but seeing as how there were also floating newts ice skating around and a small pink elephant insisting he consult the sun god, this wasn't terribly incongruous to his mind.

-Also...-

On the OTHER side of the island, was a small little house. It was of the kind meant to be a sort of vacation home- and judging by the Queens Navy stamp n the experimental ship hidden in a small little dock, this was a decent guess.

Inside, sleeping in a sunbeam, lay a small, brunette little head of hair...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:09 pm 

As the cauldorn was spinning, Captain Toboz was disoriented and surprised.

So it was even MORE of a surprise when the two pieces of the Monkey-Eagle Talisman fell into his lap... and, as Fate would have it, clicked together.

There was a flash of blue light, or perhaps it was just in his mind.

And suddenly he KNEW. He knew exactly where the Bluelight Hoard was, and how to get there. All he needed was a ship. And he hand one, which would make things so much easi-

Jane Narbon wrote:
...straight at the ship of Cap'n Toboz.

There was a loud crashing sound, and the shattering of wooden planks.

Captain Toboz blinked as he realized what had just happened. "MY SHIP!"

Up above, on the main deck, Inconsequental NPC looked over at Unnecessary NPC. "Hey, do you get the feeling the ship is sinking?"

Unnecessary NPC shrugged. "Eh, probably. Given how we've been getting everyone and their mother angry at us, I'm surprised we haven't been sunk before now."

David Toboz rushed up to them from below, Montoya the Cleeselet on his shoulder. "The ship is sinking! Everyone man the lifeboats! ANd someone needs to help me pry a cauldron out of the hull-thingy! I think there's PEOPLE in it!"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 pm 

Meanwhile, back aboard the Bonny Jean-

"Th' cap'n oughta be back by now..."
"Aye. All right, she said ta give 'em until noon afore we made a move. Right, then. We'd best-"
"AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!"
A giant cauldron streams overhead, to crash into a ship on the far side of the harbor.
First Mate Anne Stuart puts away her spyglass. "And there they are now. Right on time!"
"Ma'am? That ship appears to be sinkin', fast."
"So it is. Tessie! TESSIE!"
A tentacle pokes up, inquisitively.
"Over there, Tessie! It looks like the captain and all need a mite of rescuing. Go over and save them from a watery grave. And make it snappy!"
The clockwork squid fires off a brisk salute, and slithers full speed ahead toward the sinking ship.
Tessie ignores the crew scrambling into the lifeboats, and concentrates on plucking up the cauldron riders in her tentacles.
Captain Jess grabs the bedraggled Admiral Tssirox, and Tessie scoops them up together. She murmurs, "Now, weren't that a fair sight better than paper pushing all th' day?"
He grumbles something in response, and Captain Jess grins wickedly. It's noisy-the splash of the tentacles, the sinking Captain's Fancy, screams and curses abounding. No one's paying them the least attention, so she seizes her opportunity.
"Roxie...sail wi' me. You can turn Queen's privateer, if ye must, and still do the work ye fancy. Now that I've got a grouchy, stubborn Admiral, I'm not givin' ye back."
Then she freezes, as Crazy Em shouts delightedly.
"CUZ! 'Rissa, that's my cousin! Andy! Over here!" Crazy Em waves delightedly, and Captain Jess slowly turns her head.
It's the Mad Blue Yonder. And it's blocking Tessie's path.
"EM! Can th' kraken go 'round that ship!"
Em frowns. "Not enough room. She could go under...but not with us. It'd take longer than most of us can hold our breath. I don't like drowning, Cap'n...AAANDY! Did you come to visit us?" Crazy Emily is already distracted.
Captain Jess curses. And glares at the amused glimmer in Tsiirox's eyes. "All right, then. Tessie! Don't let Roxie here slither away! They'll have ta let us pass, as long as we hold the Admiral!"
It's a slim chance, but it's all they've got. Her ship is NOT getting captured-not when they're so close to the Bluelight prize! And, if worse comes to worst...
The Bonny Jean-
"Trim those sails! I want us ready to sail th'moment I give the word!"
"But...the captain!" Devil Hand Mulligan scowls.
First mate Anne Stuart glares hard enough to make even him quail.
"I have my orders, Mister Mulligan! If they win free, all well and good. But that's the Mad Blue Yonder there! If Captain Jess is captured, 'twill do her no good for us to be taken along with her. We'll wait until the next to last minute, then flee. And pull off a daring rescue when they least expect it! Do I make myself clear?"
"Aye. Them navy dogs won't know what hit them. Besides, it may not come ta that-Queen Narbon's ship is here, too. The Ruby and the Bonny Jean together...they haven't a prayer!"
"Perhaps..." First Mate Stuart frowns. If the Ruby doesn't decide discretion is the better part of valour, and decide to dissolve the partnership....
Pah. They've done this before, without allies. Weapons are aimed...

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:12 pm 

Clarissa looked up at the ship. "Cousin? Ooooh! That's awesome! I never get to see my cousins, even though they're all so nice and so much fun. (even if Prim doesn't like them, for some reason) I can't wait to meet him! And... we aren't really going to drown, are we? I don't wanna drown... I'm supposed to die doing something pirate-y."

~Meanwhile~

Someone was sneaking off while the Ahi natives were distracted by volcanoes and pinballs and other silliness. It wasn't HER fault that she couldn't access most of her funds at the moment...

She slowly crept toward the ships she had seen. If she couldn't steal one of them, she could at least stow away from this place...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:24 pm 

Captain Jess grits her teeth. They can't be caught now! Not with the Bluelight hoard within their grasp! But if Tessie can't get them past the Admiral's ship...
Her eyes widen, as inspiration hits.
A command is called out.
And the clockwork squid winds up for the pitch. The hapless rescue-ees are lobbed through the air, over the Navy ship, and land all around and on the Bonny Jean.
Captain Jess grins, and calls out-"Get'm all on board, crew-them full speed ahead! We'll outrun that navy bilge bucket!"

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:14 am 
Heh heh heh.

The squid wasn't finished. The second wave of crew— Jane's— was plucked from the water, carefully aimed, and lobbed onto the deck of the Ruby.
Jane, among them, got to her feet, yelling a command.

At the shout of "Take your places!" the crew reacted from hours and hours of careful training. The Ruby morphed into its full, fearsome size as its crew members moved to man their stations, parabolically designed sails opening to their maximum size and swiveling to convert all the wind it could gather into forward motion. With a hum, the great ship moved to beside the Bonny Jean, with Jane, at the controls, laughing and yelling as the ships picked up speed.
Queen Jane grabbed a bullhorn and called over to Jess, "Let's go for it!"

Meanwhile, the second mate of the Ruby, a certain Smilin' Jacqueline, looked down at the 'extra' that Tessie had tossed on the Ruby's deck. Her famous creepy grin examined the (groaning) David Toboz as he held the Talisman.
"Welllll, now. What have we here?"

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:20 pm 

-David Toboz-

Onboard the rapidly-sinking Captain's Fancy, things were getting bad. With the ship sinking, the Captain missing, and the most recent First Mate having died of Crows Nest Fever, it didn't seem like there was anyone left in command.

Anyone except a single universally-displaced vagrant with a cybernetic arm, that is!

David Toboz looked around and grabbed one of the panicking NPCs. "Ok, how many of the crew do we still have on the ship?"

Aimless NPC looked up at him. "Um... er... we left port with a crew a'twenty, but now we've just got twelve left, sah!"

David sighed. "Gah, and it looks like the captain landed on that other ship... the scary one." He sighed and closed his eyes. "Ok... here's what we'll do. Everyone needs to grab hold of me..."

A little bit later, a large clump of people were seen flying off of a ship. All clinging to a man with a rocketing robotic arm. David approached the Wild Blue Yonder and started setting men down. David looked around for the first crew member of the Wild Blue Yonder he could find. "Um... pardon me. I know my captain would probably be telling me we need to steal your ship, but that's really not me. But I can't leave anyone on a sinking ship, so... could you guys please watch my men for a bit while Montoya and me go to rescue our captain? I promise we'll make it up to you..."

With a smile and a nod, David Toboz lifted off the deck of the Wild Blue Yonder, speeding off towards The Ruby's bow, A little blob named Montoya huddled on his shoulder as they flew.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Captain Toboz-

He blinked.

Curse that mechanical squid...thingie! Whatever it was!

"Ok Captain Toboz... here's where you have to guess: What's more important to Pirate Queen Narbon? Getting the Bluelight hoard, or getting your severed head on a platter?" His mind worked furiously as he found himself surrounded by Captain Jane's crew, staring down her second mate, Smilin' Jacqueline.

And abruptly he threw the Monkey-Eagle Talisman over her head, in the opposite direction from where he knew the mechanical squid Tessie had been in the water. There was a universal wide-eyed stare and a frenzied energy as everyone on the ship tried to snatch it up, but in the confusion, no one was able to. There was a quiet "plunk" noise in the water, and the object that everyone had been competing over sunk in the water, sinking down into the briny depths of the sea.

Captain Toboz looked up at Smilin' Jacq. "I want to parley. I'm now the only one who knows how to get to the Bluelight Hoard. Yer cap'n's got a ship and I need one. Take me to Pirate Queen Jane!" he tried to keep a serious face up, while at the same time trying to keep from panicking. It wasn't easy.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:28 am 
Heh heh heh.

Smilin' Jacqueline looked faux-disappointed. Around her, the crew weren't even bothering. Most grinned nastily, knowing what was coming.

"Awwww," Smilin' Jacq said, shaping her face into a pout, "it's not often that we see someone who's so..." (she bent in at Captain Toboz, grinning) "plum scared, but I tell you what I'll do."

She gave a hand signal to a crewman. He left the circle of those watching.
"I'll pass the word along to Cap'n Jane, and I'm sure she'll see you shortly. I know she's taken a special interest in you... being so important and all."

"Okay...." said Captain Toboz. "Where is she?"

Cap'n Jane's voice came from right behind the back of his neck.

"Here."

Then, he lost consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Captain Toboz awoke on a soft, gyrosupported bed. He drifted blissfully for about five seconds.
Then, he remembered where he was and what had happened, forced himself awake, and found himself in a very strange scene.

He was in what was probably the captain's cabin. Jane was sitting on a chair, looking at him. She was wearing a very strange garment.
It was red, and rather form-fitting, a sort of tube of cloth encasing Jane's body, to where it fringed out below the waist. The outfit had small, red sparkles on it, and showed off the legs. On Jane's feet were shoes with high heels, in a matching color and sparkliness. Captain Toboz stared.

Then Jane, grinning, pulled out a device with three blades from behind her back.
"Welcome back, Captain Toboz," she said, almost cooing as she advanced on him. "It's time to begin your... interrogation."

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:14 am 

-Captain Toboz-

He stirred, slowly regaining consciousness. A single voice caught his attention, causing him to turn his eyes and stare in it's direction.

Jane Narbon wrote:
"Welcome back, Captain Toboz," she said, almost cooing as she advanced on him. "It's time to begin your... interrogation."

...well, crap. It looks like she wanted my head more than the treasure. Why do I always get these things wrong?

Captain Toboz blinked.

Wait, did she just say my name without getting it all funny? That's interesting. Either the curse got broke somehow while I was unconscious or she's just an exception or something. Probably an exception. Wait, why am I thinking of this right now? Oh right, trying desperately to avoid thinking about what she's about to do to me. Any mental port in a storm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The David From Another Universe-

He approached the Ruby from the air, causing a gasp from some of the more flappable members of the crew. You saw a lot of unusual things as a pirate, but a guy streaking through the air propelled by a metal arm was NOT one of the usual ones.

As he drew near the ship, he began to realize that there may have been one aspect of his plan he'd neglected.

Stopping.

Wallycaine's model of robot arm, despite being improved from his original Zobot Arm, was similar in the sense that the rocket feature didn't actually have any sort of means of slowing down once it GOT moving at a good clip. He sighed, looking at Montoya, the little orange blob on his shoulder. "Well, learn by doing..."

Montoya whibbled at him, waving his little cocktail sword and smiling. "Yar!"

David disengaged the robot arm's jet function, aiming for the most comfortable bit of the ship he could: the sails. The sails of the Ruby, although strong examples of such wind-catchers, were still not quite prepared for a man moving at the speeds David moved when he crashed into them, and as such he tore a gaping hole through them, as he streaked PAST the ship and plunged downward, landing in the water with a loud "sploosh!" When he had hit the sail, however, a little detail, mostly unnoticed, was that a little orange blob had bounced off his shoulders, landing on the deck behind a few barrels about as silently as a mouse.

A metal arm is useful for a lot of things. Swimming is NOT one of them. David would have surely drown if it weren't for the fact that he managed to cling to the side of the ship as he hit the water. He shook some saltwater out of his hair. "...I can't believe I survived that. Ok, from now on I don't use the robot arm until I figure out a means of stopping or unless I know there's a convenient pile of pillows I can land on..."

His approach had clearly gathered a bit of attention, so the crew was WATCHING as David began to climb up the slippery side of the sea-slick ship.

And no one noticed a little orange thing trundling into a slightly ajar door...

-Back to Captain Toboz's Interrogation-

Captain Toboz snarled at Jane. "Look. I KNOW how t'find the Bluelight hoard, but lemme save ya some time and tell you ya ain't gonna believe me, even if ya break me. Heck, I don't even believe me, and I'm me." He considered something for a moment. "At least, I think I am... but you said me name right, so at the particular moment I'm havin' one of those exist-tiential thingies... maybe I'm not me after puttin' on that Talisman, an' ah jess think I am?"

He vaguely wondered what was up with his atrocious accent. It RAGED in and out of control, almost as if a lazy and indecisive writer kept flip-flopping over whether he should keep it or not, and didn't want to go back and adjust it to something more manageable. Then he was distracted again by the immediate threat of pain towards his person.

"Grr! Yar!"

Suddenly, BOTH of them were surprised. Almost as one being, they turned their heads to see a little orange blob on the floor near the entrance to Captain Jane's cabin, waving a little cocktail sword as if it were threatening and looking at Jane angrily.

Captain Toboz blinked. "...Montoya? Lil' mate, 'ow'd you get 'ere?"

-The Monkey-Eagle Talisman-

It sank into the ocean, falling deeper and deeper into the briny abyss...

What secret had it imparted on the one who had worn it? Would it ever be seen again?

Something began to click and hum on the Talisman itself. A bright light began to radiant in the deep murk of the ocean.

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Sun May 09, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:49 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked at Captain Toboz, faking a pout. That name sure doesn't sound like what I think his real name should be, but it did seem to freak him out a little, she commented to herself. To her 'prisoner', she said, "Awwww... now why—"

Then, the tiny orange blob entered through the door, waving its little sword. Jane looked down at it, curiously.
"What exactly is this— OW!"
Montoya had stabbed her in the foot with his small sword. Jane, true to common human reflexes, began hopping on the other foot (a momumental task in high heels.) The distraction was all the blob needed to rush over to David. A thin chain, the only thing holding him, gave a *click*, and Davidd got up, ready to run for it.

At this moment, a crew member entered the room, and stopped, staring at the sight. Pirate Queen Jane, in red dress, hopping on one foot; her prisoner, up and running; and, a little orange blob.

The crewman picked the blob up by the scruff of the upper surfaces, making sure to be occupying the doorway so Captain Toboz couldn't escape. "And what exactly are you?"
Montoya said "rar!" and waved his little cocktail sword, futilely.

Within a few seconds, after the crewman had put the blob down, Jane emerged from somewhere with her normal seafaring gear.
"What is it?"

"Cap'n Jane! It's the BlueLight hoard!"
Jane's eyes widened a little, involuntarily. Telling the crewman to guard Cap'n Toboz and the little blob, she ran on deck as fast as she could. What had happened was obvious.
From the point the talisman had fallen, a line of light began, streaking off in a path until it culminated in a glow, somewhere just over the horizon. The meaning was clear: follow the line to find the treasure. The Bonny Jean had already begun to move, and the first mate of the Ruby had steered this way on instinct.

Now, all that was left was to get there. The treasure would soon be for the pirates!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next