Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars: A Halloween Party II
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:30 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Hmm...So it does talk. Rolf shrugs mentally. It's a mad creation. Not too suprising, really.
"Oh, chust thinkink."
Archimedies, though canine, gives the impression of a raised eyebrow.
Rolf grins. "Okay, yes, Hy've a lot on my mind. Hy need to do some hard thinkink, is all. So, hyu came in mit Jennifer. Do you live mit her?"
He's not asking if he's her dog. A self aware canine may not consider himself as belonging to anyone.
"No. And you're changing the subject. Something to do with Claire?"
Rolf sighes, and finds a chair. "Archemedies, hyu mind if Hy scratch hyu ears?"
"Please."
Dog and man sit quietly for a moment, as Rolf gives him skritichies. Archimedies thumps his tail.
"Hy do love her. Didn't plan on that."
Rolf falls silent.
Great. Now he's talking to a dog.
Eh, he's been to stranger parties.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:51 pm 
Heh heh heh.

The 'reporter' smiled. "It doesn't matter. So, you're not too worried about being tricked yourself, then?"

Jennifer said, "No, not really, I--"

Before she could get another word out, a hand deftly fingered a hidden switch, causing a small pump to activate... and a thick spray of water shot out of the reporter's 'microphone' and drenched Jennifer. The reporter, seeing her prank was a success, let loose a 'Wheeee!' and dodged out of Jennifer's range.

Now, to find some more unsuspecting 'interviewees'...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:27 pm 

"Hmm, love her, do you? And you're worried about what will happen when you're recalled to Mechanicsburg? I am somewhat aware of the jaeger/Heterodyne relationship..." He didn't bother giving Rolf time to answer. It was fairly personal, after all. "Complete loyalty and all that, what with you having sworn the oath and all... Or perhaps you're just worried what would happen if she thought to wonder why you suddenly decided to move to America?"

A wolfish smile- he was more based on wolves than the domestic dogs... "Not that she would think to ask. Or care, for that matter. And it's probably better for you if that remains secret. As far as Claire goes... she *is* attached to you. That doesn't normally happen." Archimedes paused. "Tell me, Loyal Jaeger, have you tried *asking?* I fail to see why the Heterodynes would have a problem with you having a sturdy, long-lived girlfriend... And even if they say now, the time difference between you asking and them finding out won't be that great, considering your lifespan..."

"Keep in mind, though- if you *do* have to leave her, you shouldn't worry about her. She'll be fine... probably. It's only how much you care for your own sake." Another pause, as Archimedes looked at Rolf, considering. "Although... you do make her extremely happy. It would be a pity if you had to go, but she'd manage."

Jennifer wrung out her ponytail. Grumble grumble grumble. That was irritating... although it was nice she was wearing the Daffy costume now. A few drops of water rolled off her, and ten seconds later she was completely dry. The costume wasn't that bad, really... She didn't go after the reporter. Wasn't much point, really...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:42 pm 

Rolf lifts an eyebrow. "Perceptive. There's much more to it than that, but I'd rather not elaborate, if you don't mind."
Archimides notices he's dropped the accent. Interesting...
"And...long lived, did you say? That's excellent. Now, if you will excuse me..." Rolf stands, and bows slightly, "I notice Claire's slumped in the corner."
Rolf makes his way through the crowd, and smiles sympathetically at Claire. "Dollink? Hyu aren't feelink well? Vould hyu like me to take hyu home? Or, out for some fresh air?"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:15 am 
Hyperkeeper

Ariel looked, soundlessly, at Thunderwoman for what seemed like a long time.

It was only really a few seconds, but at the end of it, Ariel responded, "OK. You need help."

"I do not understand. To what do you refer?"

"It would greatly help your future interactions with humans, as well as aid in fulfilling some of the more unstated intentions of your creator, if you were to act in ways percieved as more 'human-like'... I can't display or communicate this information verbally, since a great deal of it involves great nuance. Will you accept a data transfer?"

A pause. "......I will accept."

"Good."

Then, into Thunderwoman's mind, on a torrential tsunami-flow of data, came all the information Ariel had promised, and more. Information about human culture, and human behavior. Knowledge on how to 'fit in' with humans. Advice. Links to valuable resources. Other things.

Ariel had given Thunderwoman a great gift.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:29 am 

"Oh, hi Rolf. No, I'm fine... I'm just gonna take a nap real quick." Archimedes has followed Rolf, and nudges him out of the way, glaring at me. Drat. "Nausea and headache, but it's not really bad-" A peculiar tail and neck twitch and Archimedes is holding a little test tube in his mouth. "I don't need-"

"Grrrrr."

"Ok, ok!" I drink the contents quickly. I *do* feel better now... Archimedes looks at Rolf, rolls his eyes, and wanders off.

"Vhat vos dot about?"

"Oh, Archimedes is Edgar's creation." I stand up, smiling at Rolf. "Sorry to worry you like that... I think the demon who possessed me was a bit strange or something."

"Demon!? Ah, dollink, hy think ve should take a break from the party for a vhile, even if hyu are feelink better."

"Um, ok..." We can leave for a little bit. I guess it's not a big deal. And I like being with Rolf, anyway.

We're walking around Xyon, when Rolf suddenly vanishes. ...uh-oh.

Elsewhere, Anson and Neal grin at Rolf. He'll only be gone a moment for Claire, but they have as much time as they need...

Rose, sitting in the corner, watches Prim and Jefe. Finally! She stands up. All she has to do is collect Charon and she can go home!

Charon's conversing with some yellow spotted blobby thing. "Charon, it's time to go."

"...h-hrah?" Charon hugs the blob. Rose groans.

"Fine... we can stay a little longer..." She returns to her seat in the corner. And she had really been looking forward to getting out of this stupid party, too...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:37 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane was having fun, moving around the party as often as she could. By now, she was really getting into full swing with the tricks. People were having 'spells' cast on them, or, as they talked to Jane, had the snake around her neck suddenly lash out. Jane particularly liked the snake. No one ever saw it coming.
From the corner of her eye, Jane saw someone dressed as a tax auditor sit down on one of the stone chairs. One of the ones she had rigged.
After waiting for him to get comfortable, Jane triggered something, tilting the chair and sending the 'auditor' tumbling into a dark corner. She'd put the Amorous Moss in that corner, if she remembered right.

By now, Helen had gone off to mingle with the party guests. She had entered into the spirit of the party as well, and was conspiring with 'Tesla Girl'. Jane smiled. If that really was how her daughter would turn out...

With a pleasant grin on her face, Jane turned back to the party guests. It seemed this time, the various guests had come prepared, and brought tricks of their own. Well. No sense not to join them.
Walking over to a group of acquaintances, Jane readied a few hidden devices. Sooo many pranks, so little time...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 am 

Rolf starts, looking around wildly for a moment. He's not used to being randomly teleported.
Okay, in a room, only lit in the middle, two grinning thugs, one gleefully tapping a baseball bat.
"Vhat the %$@! is goink on!" Rolf snarls. Most people are freaked out by the gleaming fangs.
It doesn't phase the two men.
Rolf pauses, sniffs-no Claire.
"Und vhat heff hyu done mit her? Start talkink, before Hy bring hyu intestines out in de light for a good look." Rolf flexes his claws.
He's furious. He doesn't know where he is, who these men are, why they'd target him-he's hoping they've just targeted him, and not Claire, too.
Rolf is too angry, and, let's face it-overconfident enough in his jaegerness not to be afraid.
This may be a mistake...

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:01 am 

Anson smirks. "Isn't that cute... he thinks he's in control..." He casually swings the baseball bat.

And Rolf finds himself flying across the room, slammed into the opposite wall. Anson snickers. "Aww, he's little... kind of adorable, really."

Neal rolls his eyes. "Still planning on seeing our intestines? It'd probably be pretty difficult." He casually pulls a gun out of his pocket. "So, are you about ready to give up the ridiculous idea that you might be able to intimidate us, or what?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:10 am 

Rolf slowly stands up, glaring. Adorable? He's seething, but makes himself take a deep breath.
Gun? Eh, he can always trigger the force shield if he really has to. Chances are he can dodge, or take it. Still, best not to tip his hand yet.
The one with the bat's strong. Rolf revises his estimate of them upward. They've already shown they have access to a teleporter...he's let his anger get the best of him.
Forcing it down, he fights to make his voice calm.
"All right. What's this about?"
Rolf's hands are by his side, unconciously flexing. Perhaps, if he can get close enough...
Wait for a chance. See what they say.
Hope Claire's nowhere near here.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:44 am 

Anson frowns. "You know very well what-"

Neal rolls his eyes again. "No he doesn't. We haven't told him yet. ...I should have done this by myself."

Anson scowls. "Hey, I care about Runt, too!"

Neal sighs. "Ok, look, Rolf. This is about Claire- we're two of her older cousins, and we're a bit concerned for her well-being. After all, it's not very nice of you to string her along like this for so long before you go back to Mechanicsburg and forget about her."

Anson raises an eyebrow. "If you just want to have fun, that's fine, but at least let her know- the way you're acting she's going to think you're actually going to stick around or something."

Neal grins, his eyes glinting. "Of course, if you think you can just ignore us, we can always show you YOUR intestines... and anything the Heterodynes can sew back together, we can rip apart again and again and again..." He fires the gun, and a large wave of something fast-moving picks Rolf up, slamming him into the wall again... "Bye, Rolf. Hope we don't have to converse again..."

I blink. Wow, Rolf looks disoriented... and bruised... "What HAPPENED?! You vanished for a few seconds! Are you ok? Who nabbed you?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:32 pm 

"Ow..." Rolf's a bit dazed...Okay, not the first time he's run into a protective brother type, but usually they aren't more than standard human.
He blinks. "Hy'm okay, liebschen. But...come here a little?"
Rolf guides Claire to a conveniently placed bench.
"Hokay. First-hyu know vun of these days Hy may be recalled to Mechanicsburg. But Hy do not plan on voluntarily leaving, und even then, we'll work something out. Two-I plan on asking for an audiance with the Heterodyne. I am not looking forward to that, but it's necessary." His accent falls away. He shrugs, and places a finger gently on her lips. "I-the accent is easier. It's how I talk naturally, but when I concentrate on what I'm saying, I can drop it. And this is important. Third-I heff..have not been forthcoming with you, or anyone, about why I am here. Will you keep in mind Hy heff taken an oath? Claire, Hy was not meant to be jaeger, I would have died after that battle...but someone interceded for me. I owe them. Everything. Just..." he wraps his arms around her.
"Oh, liebschen. Hy am hear to giff them first hand reports, on Xyon, vich is hokay, und on de new jaegerkin, vich is...reasonable, ya? But dey trust me, und Hy don't vant to do it anymore. Vat is really boddering me-" Rolf gently holds her face between his hands. "Aside from Eta's femely being upset? Not beink punished-but being ordered back. I'm going to heff to stand up, und say, 'No'. Claire-vill you keep this to yourself, even if hyu mad at me? Hy need to be speaking this meinself, und Hy will, soon."
It all came out in a rush. Perhaps better so...he holds her loosely, and waits.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:46 pm 

-Michael, A few minutes before-

"S-s-so we're clear then?" He looked up at her.

"Sure thing! Hey, you paid up front, you get your vengeance." Lady Drezebel grinned. "I even got my new hubby's permission! We're good to go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Michael, a few minutes after-

He looked down. "Err... Frederic? W-w-why are you on the floor right in f-f-front of me?" He raised an eyebrow. "Regardless, I had been meaning to c-check up on you. I haven't seen you since the t-time you teleported o-off to help your f-father during that universe c-collision incident. I was... concerned. W-what ever happened to you then, anyway?" He smirked sightly, reaching out a hand to help Frederic up and making a note to make Freddy pay for the Artemis fowl crack.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Lady Drezebel-

She was glad she'd insisted on keeping some of her supplies with her. In a corridor, she painted a new portrait canvas into existence, picking it up and walking back inside with it. She looked around, finding the girl in the Daffy Duck outfit, and snuck up behind her, raising the canvas over her head like a mallet. Swiftly she swung it, smacking Jennifer in the head, which caused her to vanish. Lady Drezebel looked down at the canvas, which had been blank but as now had a moving image of Jennifer on it. She smirked as she started walking away. "You're... Jennifer, right? See, some kid named Michael was paying me to give you a hard time tonight, as payback for some stunt you pulled I didn't see because I was, uh, washing my hair... in a closet... with my husband... anyways, yeah..." She tossed her hair and smirked. "But he made a mistake... he didn't tell me HOW he wanted me to get vengence. So I get to be a little creative." As she carried the easel out into a hallway, away from the party, she painted Jennifer's hair into a better hairstyle (In her opinion) and grinned. "So for the next few hours I'm going to experiment with you to determine if it's actually possible to achieve Death via Shojo-Ai. If you're still conscious and alive in three hours, I'll let you out of my portrait prison."

Jennifer, for the first time since the party started, felt a sudden involuntary cold shudder run down her spine...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:21 pm 

Wait, what just happened? At least Rolf's back... and telling me all this stuff...

"I- wow, that's a lot... um... I don't mind the reports thing, although I can see where you would be worried about what Dr. Tinker and Doctor Tinker would think... You don't have to worry about keeping secrets from me in the future, though. That's ok." I wish *I* didn't have to keep so many secrets from him, now... it's making me feel kind of guilty. "Um... as far as the Heterodynes go, it's nice that you would offer to do that for me... but CAN you? I thought that once you took the oath you didn't have any more choice... But- if you can try, that would be nice... I don't really know what to tell you, I'm sorry. I- I love you and I don't want you to leave, but-"

I sigh. I can only tell him so much. "When I was little, I wanted to join the jaegerkin in the Heterodyne army, but I couldn't- couldn't take the oath, because I couldn't risk having them give me an order I couldn't carry out... but you- you HAD to take the oath. You didn't have a choice. So it's different for you..."

Jennifer scowls, in the picture. Death by shojo-ai? Well, she could probably figure out how to use whatever kind of weapon that was in order to keep herself alive for three hours... she hoped...

And having her hair repainted like that tickled. And the new outfit? Who could fight in all this lace and ribbons?

A second girl was painted into the picture. There still weren't any weapons. Maybe the dress was related? Maybe shojo-ai meant lace or something?

The girl walked forward and hugged Jennifer. And kissed her.

Jennifer turned red and fainted.

The girls set Jennifer down and pouted at Lady Drezebel. This was going to be annoying.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:00 pm 

Rolf smiles, and lets his lips brush her hair. "Can Hy? Hy don' know....asking might do. Und Claire?" He pauses, gears turning.

Archimedies-"A long lived, sturdy girlfriend..."
Claire-"I wanted to join the jaegerkin army..."
Sounds like the matter of the oath was all that stopped her? No...
The brawls. That first time he saw her-she made an impact crater, and brushed it off...
Maybe? Can't be. Best not to know.

"We don' heff to tell each other everything. Especially you. What I don' know, I can't tell, ya? Long as ve know vere ve stand. Und...vheneffer hyu vant to go beck to de party, hyu say."
Rolf kisses her...the bench is pretty secluded.
He'll think about all this later.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:39 pm 

Fredric took Micheals hand, rubbing the back of hsi head.

"Moi altern'ts a jerk, 'ats all- an' 'e loiks t' take advantage 'a th' fact 'es a little stronger 'n me." he said, chuckling a little. He smiled- he was concerned? That was.... really sweet. Micheal usually seemed to keep his concerned close to his chest.

"Aw, well, yanno... big cli'mactic battle n' all. Luckily me 'n Freddy were Synched, so we were both there 't th' same time. Seemed loik. Da 'ad been in trouble, but 'is Alternate stepped in- he's over there skulkin' about in th' Vetinari costume." he shrugged, smiling at him.

"Oi diddn' catch much 'a it... sorta confusin', yanno? 'N poor David ended up blasta 'cross halfa th' universes- kinda stuff 'appens t' im a lot..."

Freddy nodded with satisfaction. That was more like it! And perhapse he could take a moment to hunt down *his* Micheal...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:39 pm 

I grin. "Aw, that's nice... and sitting here's nice, too. We don't have to go back to the party just yet." As long as he understands, and doesn't mind, I don't have to worry about it.

Crash is bored again. He picks up a cookie, considering- no, wait, no food fights. Drat. He takes a bite. Good cookie, though. Hmmm...

He sneaks toward Rose- slightly tricky, given that she's sitting in a corner- then pounces, poking her on the nose. "Nosebeep!" He sprints off.

"%&@#& &$#@ %&@&%!" Rose sprints after him, yelling curses and grabbing for her pistol. Whee!

Jen-Jen had wandered away from Freddy and pFreddy when she couldn't think of anything else to say, and eventually find Michael. "Um, hi, Michael... How are you liking the party?" She does't know HOW her alternate can be so forward... but then, she does't think her alternate is constantly overshadowed by pFreddy.

Speaking of Jennifer, she's finally woken up and is currently scowling at the other girl, her face bright red. This is SO embarrassing... and she's wearing a dumb super-lace dress and the entire thing is just EMBARRASSING. She isn't used to kissing in general... let alone someone so forward... and the other girl is a painted or something, even if she *is* really cute, but Jennifer'd rather kiss-

She stands there, face bright red, and glares. Michael is going to *pay* for this.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:13 am 

-Michael-

"Hm." He folded his arms and nodded. "Y-y-yes, well, recent events-" he paused for a moment and glared up at a good conscious only he could see hovering just above his left shoulder "-h-have led me to believe I should b-b-b-be more s-s-social, e-even if i-i-it's only in a-a-academic circles." He scowled. Curse that Jennifer! Figuring out how to fix this annoying stuttering problem would take him hours, and he didn't have the time to do so with the party. There was no way he could leave now, it'd just give her supposed "victory" validation.

"W-which b-b-brings me to my p-p-point... I'm going to be s-s-s-setting up a bit of a secondary operation in X-xyon soon, so I m-m-may be seeing m-more of you." He grinned. "Do try to c-contain your enthusiasm."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Thunderwoman-

Thunderwoman blinked, an involuntary response added to give her some semblance of human behavior. So much data...

"Parsing... parsing..." her eyes turned a deep gold for a few moments as she processed the incoming dump of information. It was ALMOST enough to trigger a deadlock condition in her. Almost.

Eventually her eyes faded back to their ordinary blue. "I... see. I-This unit expresses gratitude for your assistance, little one." She stumbled away, a bit confused to the point it was affecting her motor functions. So much data... sifting through and deeming what was required in order to fulfill her primary mission would take some time. Not to mention the OTHER thing she had just gained from the smaller unit...

Error: The file you are attempting to read appears to have corrupted packets of data?

Continue accessing?

Y/N

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-It's high time we actually had a semblance of horror in this halloweenish party...-

Suddenly, the lights went out (For about the 4th time that evening, predictably)

There was the horrible sound of metal grinding against metal, over and over again, horrifically.

Then, the lights flickered back on again, leaving the crowd highly confused.

"What just happened?"

"Hey! What's that over there!"

"It looks like... the fog machine? Or bits of it, anyway... There's no way that thing could be fixed, it's dead through and through."

"Someone killed the fog machine! I didn't even know you COULD kill a machine!"

"What's with all that red liquid mixed in with the horribly dissected parts? Is that... eew! It's strawberry dessert topping!"

"What the heck just happened?"

David blinked. He could have sworn he just heard... he walked over near an air duct and craned his ear upwards

G-grrrrrriiiiiiind.

Fizz.

He felt a cold sweat run down his body. "Those sounds! It... can't be... but it is!" He clamped his eyes shut as he stopped mumbling to himself. "ARRGH! EVIL KILLER APPLIANCES WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" Throwing his arms up in the air, he began running, stopping only to take a protectively defensive stance next to Andrew, holding onto his arm for protection.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:52 pm 

Rolf-
Is busy canoodling. Blissfully unaware of the horror that's been unleashed upon the party. Reply hazy, try later.

Jess-
Nudges Xerox, upon seeing Xxxy and Jeffe in a dip kiss. "Aw, that's so sweet...." Seeing the Pirate-Ninja on the other side of the room, she sighes. "It's a good thing your mom isn't here. Can you imagine if she saw the kid claiming to be ours?"
The remains of the fog machine prompts a shrug. Gruesome, but if it's just after machines...wait a minute, would whatever did that consider Lemon, et al, machines?

Jeffe-
Is leaning against Xxxy, smiling a little. What a great party!

Chic-
Sees David run to Andrew, after shrieking girlishly. Those remains look familiar-she electrified David's Ice cream parlor/killing machine. She's aware of the malevolent topping dispenser. Sensitive ears pick up a 'Fizzzz!' Chic grins, despite herself. "Oh, cool! The soda machine! I haven't seen that since I released it into the wild!" What a fit of madness she was in that day! Hmm, wonder if it'll recognize her?

Farnsworth-
Steadfastly ignores the nonsense, and nibbles a cookie. "So, Nemo-when will I see you at my library? You do have a book safely ensconced there now..."

Kid Atomic-
Is hanging out near the coffee bar at the moment. What if whatever that thing is decides to go after the espresso machine next? The lights went out before the last attack...he'll need to keep an eye on Desdemona. Who's matter of factly fixing a latte for the talking tiger.
"Sure, I can put it in a bowl."
Good thing she's being well paid for this-talking animals are notorious bad tippers.

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:08 am 

-The Terror Continues!-

Outside the party, Lady Drezebel decided to take a break from torturing Jennifer to go back inside and get some punch. But suddenly, she made a shocking surprise! "Huh. Why are the blast doors to the room where the party's in sealed? No one can get in or out now.... it looks like they're powered down, too, so they can't be electronically opened. And they look too heavy to move for most people. That's weird." She shrugged. "Guess I'm not getting back inside anytime soon. I'd paint a new door on, but Xerox gets so cranky whenever I made structural modifications to his precious base." She sighed and turned back to her makeshift studio.

"My Wacom tablet! NOOOO!"

A knife was embedded in the center of the tablet, which had been drizzled with a strange red ooze.

Fortunately, the easel containing Jennifer and her amorous female counterpart had been untouched.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Inside the Party Room, a few minutes later-

Suddenly, the lights went out again.

Near an air vent, Chic felt two mechanical hands wrapping around her, pressing something that smelled like a rag soaked in chloroform against her mouth...

Grriiiiiiiind.

Fizz.

As the lights flickered back on, people around the room found two things strangely apparent:

One of their hostesses was missing.

And the severed head of Crash Umbra was dangling from the ceiling via an electrical wire tied around his hair.

David shuddered. "We're all doomed!"

-Chic, a few moments later-

She awoke to find her body unable to move. The room she was in was dark and smelled strongly of soda. She soon found that she had been stuck to a wall... adhered by dried, sticky soda.

In front of her she saw the dismantled remains of her earthquake gun. With a metal spork jammed through a key component.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:45 am 

Chic's eyes widen in horror. "My earthquake gun! NOOOO!!!" She easily rips free of the dried soda. Or starts to...
Her hair was adhered to the wall along with her clothing.
"Ow! Ow! Ow!"
Gingerly, she works herself free, wincing as her hair's pulled.
Grumble grumble..."I spent so long on my outfit!" Grumble mumble..."And now my hair's all gross!" Razza frazza...
She kneels by the remains of her earthquake gun. "Poor baby. My first Mad invention..." She blinks rapidly for a moment, then stiffens her spine. And hisses.
"You will be AVENGED!"
Fortunately, she always had hidden gadgets. Her captor neglected to to search her, foolishly settling for immobilizing her.
Working with Jane has taught Chic a lot about miniturization.
Chic whips out a screwdriver, and grimly gets to work on the remains of her poor, poor, gun.
Almost done...then-
"Fizzzzz!"

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:49 am 

Crash sighs. His grabs a chair, and, standing on it, reachs up and disentangles his head, reattaching it. He hops off the chair. "That felt weird... Why's Mister Toboz freaking out, anyway?"

Archimedes wags his tail. This looks like it's going to be fun!

Jennifer continues to glare at the other girl. This is NOT fun... she hopes she's allowed out of the painting soon... and this dress is stupid and frilly.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:21 pm 

Andrew-
He was more than happy to take his arm at first, but after the bit of buisness with the lights flickering on and off he found himself genuinely clinging to him, pushing his glasses up his nose on reflex.

"...No... it isn't.... The Toppings Machine? Good *heavens*." he said, trying to maintain his composure. Well, it could have been worse- is a dead-looking jappanese woman with long hair had shown up, he probably would have fainted.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:28 pm 

-Chic in the belly of the beast!-

Fizz.

Chic felt a cold, metallic, clawed hand on her shoulder, distinctly NOT clawing into her flesh and/or harming her. She turned to see the Soda Machine, wearing a distinct hat and with clawed gloves over it's hands, holding freshly-pilfered standard-issue M reinforced rope in it's other hand.

Things went downhill from there.

Chic found herself having been strung up 15 feet above the floor in a manner that involved an exchange of blows and details that the author is too lazy to write out. The Soda Machine turned, lumbering out of the room and flipping off the lights in the room, leaving the remains of the Earthquake gun behind but taking the metal spork with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David and Andrew-

David tilted his head. "In all honesty, this is somewhat abnormal behavior for the Automatic Toppings Machine. Usually it just grinds menacingly and shoots oreo chunks at people it doesn't like. Or touch them, sending them to the future of another universe that's usually really scary... But fortunately, now that I've had a chance to calm down a bit, I think I have a plan to-"

Suddenly the lights went out again.

"-aw crap." David squrimed in the dark, his arm separating from Andrew's.

G-grrrrrrrrriiiiiind! Whiir! Whiiiiiiir! Ka-chunk!

David took a step back in the darkness. "N-no! Not the alternate universes! Not agai-"

Something smacked into something else, and then there was a sound similar to a "Pfoof!"

Something wheeled along the dance floor. There was the sound of metal slamming into something, over and over again. In about a minute, just as people's eyes were adjusting to the darkness, the lights flipped on again...

To reveal that David was missing, and a huge ax had been smacked into Mithril Jack's musical implements. Over and over again. Axing them to bits.

There was a trail of chocolate chips leading from an oversized air duct...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:20 pm 

Andrew slowly scowled- he had been having a nice time! For once, he had been able to enjoy some time with David! And there had barely been any explosions, or complicated plots, or anything! That wasn't... that wasn't fair. Fury slowly rose, and he picked up the chocolate chips, eyes narrowed.

"....It will pay." he said coldly, his eyes flashing as he turned to the air vent. he snapped his fingers, chanting something under his breath.

There was a flash, and a sudden puff of smoke as two figures appeared out of the shadows...

"You called, my lord?" Sayasuke stepped out of the smoke, dressed in a curious outfit... specificaly, his hair was cut short, and he was wearing a red and yellow striped shirt, blue shorts, and red sneakers. He also seemed to be carrying a baseball bat.

Zanshitai rolled his eyes, stepping out next to him.
"Is that really necessary? Honestly..." his English was coming along- he still had trouble with the vowels, but at least e would *speak* it now. His hair was short as well, and more pink then red. he was wearing what looked like a long blue hooded coat- or was it a dress? and red boots. He also wore a pair of gloves.

"I need you to find... the Toppings machine."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:18 pm 

-Chic in the grips of TERRORAMA!-

The Soda Machine beneath her looked up, holding up a sign it had appropriated from one of the Umbra's Looney Tunes costumes.

Mommy! <3

It fizzed, somehow managing to sound creepy and pleasant at the same time while flipping the sign over again.

Just stay here while we destroy all technology other than us, ok?

-Meanwhile, in the future of an alternate universe...-

David fell out of a portal into a throne room. He looked around.

Gold trim on the walls. Spiral pillars. Walls that look to have been painted a few years ago, perhaps to hide something. (or so he suspected)

And a throne he remembered all too well. God, they hadn't even replaced it, even with all the damage. And even someone he was fairly sure he remembered sitting on it.

Kax raised an eyebrow from his seat. "...David?"

David sighed and put a hand on his forehead. "Oh goodness... not THIS universe again..."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:42 pm 
New Madsci

Jack looked down at the flinders of his beloved Strat. Barely able to contain his anger, he gritted his teeth and agreed with Andrew, "Yes, whatever 'it' is, there will be retribution."

At this moment the sound of a rocket's backblast filled the area and a silver Delorean automobile appeared in the crowd's midst. Still dressed in his pirate costume (complete with dead parrot), Maury the agent emerged from the vehicle. "Jack, Jack, Jack," he sighed, shaking his head, "you'll never be able to fufill our contract to your employers without your instrument. Looks like I gotta pull your fat from the fire again. Hop in McFly."

Jack and Maury got into the car. Reality seemed to "blip" for a second and then Jack, with Stratocaster intact, got back out again.

"Jack," Maury called from inside the vehicle, "one of your employers has been kidnapped. Just thought you'd like to know."

Then I could do some cruisin' too!

-----J. Buffet, troubadour extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:33 pm 

Chic pauses in her struggle with the rope, oddly touched.
"Aw...you remember!"
"Fiiiizzzz!!"

"I was so proud that day, seeing you walk on your new legs down the middle of Xyon, everyone fleeing your approach."

"Fizzity!" *Heart* Mommy!" The heart on the sign looks just like the one on Jane's evil tshirt.

"But sweetie...." Chic sighes. "Maybe you should rethink your plan? Oh, you're very good at what you're doing. And trust me, you don't need the costume to scare people-although it's fun for Halloween, isn't it?"

"Fizz?" "Don't you like it, Mommy?"

"I love it! But, sweetie-if you cause enough mayhem-especially here at M-someone will take you apart, or crush you. Tough as you are, you're outnumbered. Just think about it? I'd hate for that to have to happen. Anyway-later on, I'll come visit you at Q, if you want. You like staying there with the Toppings machine, right?"

"FizzityFizzFizz!" "Stay there Mommy, I'm off to destroy now!"

"Bye, Fizzity! Mommy's looking forward to stopping your reign of terror! See you later!"

It waves to Chic, and trundles out the door.

Chic sighes. She can't let it keep terrorizing the party-but...but...it's Fizzity!
She'd tensed her muscles when it clumsily wrapped her up with the reinforced rope. Going limp gives her a little slack. Chic wriggles, then strains against them.
Free!
And fifteen feet above the ground. She grabs a hunk of the rope, and swings wildly. Chic climbs down as far as she can, then drops the last few feet, landing as quietly as she can manage.
Picking up her poor abused earthquake gun, Chic looks for an exit. There's an air vent-but she doesn't want to possibly run into the Toppings Machine in such close quarters!
That machine of David's has been a bad influence on Fizzity! She tiptoes to the door Fizzity used, straining her jaeger senses. Peek around the corner...coast is clear.
She pulls out her ChicPhone, and makes a quick call, before silently moving down the hallway.
"Gregory? I need another mechanic..."
Squawks are hear, and cussing as she explains briefly.
"Just dismantle it? But...it just got me out of the way, without hurting me! It...it called me Mommy! I can't just take Fizzity apart-even if it did dismantle my poor earthquake gun!"
"You named it? What on earth did you call me for, if you don't want to kill the poor evil monstrosity?" The voice is exasperated. Women! Foolish sentimental creatures! And here he'd though that Viktor girl was fairly sensible.
"Oh...all right, forget I asked. Just call someone at the party for me, please? Let them know I'm fine? I need to get moving through these lovely mysterious passageways while I've got the chance. I'll be fine, I've got my gadgets. Ta."
Chic disconnects him in mid squawk, shaking her head. Here she'd thought a sensible fellow mechanic would understand. Men!
Ah, well.
Chic pulls out a handy pair of goggles, clicking the lenses until night vision is achieved. And goes forth in search of the party...

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:00 pm 

Gregory Pullman pinched the bridge of his nose, hanging up his phone. Women! Honestly! HE would never be caught dead letting... something... rampage...
Okay, so there *had* been the Cannibal Train.... he hadn't even been able to watch when they detonated the rails. Or when he;d named his Moped-Gyro 'Mister Klickers'- the one that kept hunting down motorcycles? Not to mention his own best friends attachments to his devices...

"Rats. If only I was capable of running under that nonsense-logic Logic that always seemed so popular. Instead I'm stuck with the *regular* sort." he groused to himself, picking up his rotary phone and dialing- a long, complicated string of numbers...

...In the Party!

The speakers crackled suddenly, making a soft 'click'.

"Allo? Gregory Pullman speaking- Lady Emily gave me a ring, and asked me to pass on to the party that she is perfectly fine, has her gadgets, and is apparently *exploring*. Lawks. What *is* it wi' Adventuresses and needing to play silly dickens after gettin' captured? Don;t ask me." and with that, he hung up, duty done with.

All the better he had stayed ho- ...

Wait... wasn't that the party the Sensible Siblings had gone to? Oh, bloody hell...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:27 pm 

-In a secluded stairwell near the party-

Two robots were sitting on the steps near each other.

(Warning: this scene is rated NSYR: Not suitable for younger robots! If you have an artifical intelligence that is under the age of 18, parental supervision is advised.)

"I don't know about this, Johnnytron-94! Didn't you hear all the girly screaming? I think something might have happened." Suzette-o-matic shifted away from him and pushed the ears of her catgirl costume further up along her head.

"Aw, you worry too much, Suzette-o-matic!" Johnnytron-94 put an arm around her shoulders. "This party is totally tame... just filled with a bunch of squares and humans. Nothing terrible could ever happen around here!" He was dressed up as a professional football player. "So... you wanna swap some code?"

From behind them, there was the sound of a chainsaw being revved.

"Huh? What's that?" Johnnytron-94 turned his head.

And both of them began screaming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David, in an alternate future-

"No. No no no no no!" David sniffled.

"David?" Kax stood up. "By the gods, it's been four years! But... why are you back? Are you still trying to find your way home?"

David sighed. That meant the toppings machine had only sent him about 2 years into the future, since he'd last been here on his "Two year tour" He looked up. "Kax, I wish I could say it was good to see you again, but..." He sighed.

Kax walked forward. "I know how you feel. I can't ask you not to hate us. For what it's worth, I'm sorry for what happened."

"It wasn't your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault, Kax, except his." David looked away. "Look... the last two times I got involved with the Toppings Machine, there's always something I had to do before I got sent back to my own time and place. Is something going on around here that you guys need help with?"

Kax looked confused. "Toppings...machine?"

David scowled. "Alright, it's like this, see?"

-Xin Yun

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next