Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars: A Halloween Party II
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:52 am 
Heh heh heh.

The toppings machine and the soda machine coo-clanked to each other as they moved along the halls, subjecting all electronics in their way to an untimely death. Nothing could stop them. They would wreak havoc on the world!

Then, the lights went out.
There was no warning. No flicker. One moment, there was light, and the next, darkness. No alarms sounded; in the distance, an experiment banged against its cage, transmitting an uneasy ambiance. A cold wind began to blow. And somewhere, off in the distance, the two machines could hear the sound of faint screams.

The two machines gave their equivalent of a shrug, beginning to inch along the corridor at a slightly slower rate. As they approached one particularly shadowy doorway, there was movement... then something jumped out at the two!

Both machines were moving into offensive poses before they realized it was only a black cat that had thrown itself at them. The toppings machine did the mechanical equivalent of rolling its eyes.

The hallway went forward a short ways, then branched out in two directions. The two machines stared at each other. There was discussion, and what appeared to be an argument. Then, after a long debate, the two turned their backs on one another and went separate ways.

One of the hallways was straight for a ways, but the other bent around a corner almost immediately. The lights, which had slowly come back on, now occasionally flickered menacingly.

As it turned the corner, one of the machines felt something poke it in the back.

Something like a horn...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:31 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Coming up the road is a 6 foot man dressed in a slightly mismatched and partly colorful costume, consisting part Pirate and part ninja. Next to this person is a female who is about 4 inches smaller dressed to look like a zombie. "Hmmm. I found this invite from this person who tried to zap me. Said it was a Halloween party of some sort and a costume contest. It sounds very interesting Miss Clay." The man said while reading the contents of the invite. He passed the invite to her.

"I think we are nearing the location Hawk." Miss Clay commented."And I see two people over there, but it is too dark to see who from here." She squinted her eyes at the two distant figures.

"I believe one is dressed as bugs bunny and the other as Al Capone." Hawk also squinted his eyes at the two of them as he neared.

Miss Clay studied the invitation again and looks around. "I don't see any address here. i suggest we ask them for Directions."

"Hmmm probably be for the best. I prefer not having to threaten anyone." hawk patted is personal deathray and continued on. Once he got closer he raised his voice to the pair. "Excuse me. I got this invite to an Halloween party and I was wondering if you par chance know where it is at?"

Last edited by Hawkwolf on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:06 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

This is nice...

Eek! Who's that?! I turn, and there's a really tall man wanting to know something something invitation Halloween party something. But- what- we- gah!

And now I'm all red... Who is this guy anyway? And why should I know where his Halloween party is? I have my own.

Which... we should probably be getting back to that at some point, shouldn't we...

"Um, hi, Mister- uh, hi..." This is embarrassing... I glance at Rolf. Maybe he knows where the Halloween party is.

Or I suppose we could just knock him out. That would work. I'm holding a mallet, after all...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:27 pm 

Mmmm, nice. They should have snuck out earlier...
"Excuse me? I got this invite-"
Rolf grits his teeth. No, best not to kill him. There's a lady with him.
Restraining himself, Rolf wordlessly holds out his hand for the stranger's invitation.
Yep. It's for the big Mad party at M.
Sighing, he turns to Claire. "Hy suppose ve might as vell go beck?"
The mood's broken, and her boss might need her at some point, he supposes. Maybe later...
Rolf and Claire lead the way. Only to find the blast doors are sealed shut. And powered down.
"Must be some kind of malfunction? Vell, Hy think ve can manage."
Rolf grabs hold of the door, and pulls. Being only 5'4", and not hulking, it's easy to overlook his being jaeger. Well, it would be if not for the green coloration, fangs, ect...The door starts to open. Claire adds her own strenght to his, and soon the doors are open wide.
"Hokay, whoeffer hyu are, ve's here!"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:59 pm 

"Wow. You sure are strong. Bio-enhanced by chance?" hawk asked Rolf as he opened the door. This was getting interesting. "Come on Miss Clay, I think we found our entrance to the party."

Miss Clay looked a little concern. "I dunno. that fellow looked annoyed at our appearance. you sure this is wise?"

"Sure it is Miss Clay? What could possibly go wrong?" hawk said cheerfully.

Miss Clay give hawk a quick glare. "Remember the last time you said that?"

hawk shook his head. "Nope, does it matter?"

Miss Clay sighed. "Probably not. Best get this over and done with." With that, both hawk and Miss Clay followd after Claire and Rolf.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:21 am 

-The Two Machines-

Grrrriiiiind.

Fizz.

The two turned their fronts towards each other for a moment, as if considering.

They were both in over their heads here. An unspoken message was passed between them, as the Automatic Toppings Machine and the Soda Machine with Arms and Legs turned and started moving as fast as their various mismatched appendages could carry them down the hall away from whatever-it-was.

The best laid plans of mice and men...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David, some time later-

David barged back into the throne room, carrying a white-haired man slung over his back who was laughing manically. "Ok... one mining robot insurrection... taken care of." he threw the mastermind of the whole rebellion to the ground, where he laughed.

"All will be mined! All mined!" He chortled as two guards moved forward and grabbed him, dragging him away.

David looked up at Kax. "So, I solved your problem, any luck figuring out how I can get home?"

Kax nodded. "It was difficult finding someone who knew anything about multidimensional physics on such short notice... it's such a neglected and obscure field."

David sighed. "Not much interest in other universes with all the stuff going on in yours, I take it?"

Kax nodded. "Regardless, we were able to take the coat you let me borrow and get it to someone who at least had done SOME work in the field... some local bush scientist named Eric Tinker. From what he was able to figure out, your coat was saturated with some sort of quantum particles, I forget exactly what they were called, but he thinks they were caused by whatever sent you here... Um, is something wrong?" Kax paused and raised an eyebrow at something.

David nodded, not noticing that his hand was starting to turn transparent. "No, Please, go on!"

Kax looked concerned, but set it aside. " Well, according to him, whatever sent you here works like a sort of bungie cord... when you arrive your body is so saturated with these quantum particles that will pull you back to your own time and place once you fulfill some condition. So imagine yourself as a bungie jumper clinging to something on the ground so his cord won't pull him back. Until you let go you aren't pulled back up."

David blinked, not noticing that his feet were losing substance. "That can't be right. I've seen the Toppings Machine make people vanish and then they never returned."

Kax shrugged. "Maybe they just never fulfilled whatever exit condition they needed to? There's so much we don't know about how the different universes interact with each other, most of this is just a theory. Maybe there are people in your universe that would know more, but I've told you all Eric knew. To get home you have to fulfill some sort of purpose or goal... and by the looks of it you already have."

"What are you talking abou-" David looked down to notice that everything below his belly button had faded away. "Oh... weird... I didn't even notice."

Kax looked away. "Hey. Before you go... do you hate us? For what happened during the Succession War?"

David paused, his face going blank. After a few moments (During which his arms had mostly vanished) he spoke. "I don't hate you. But you understand this place doesn't have any happy memories for me."

Kax nodded. "We've all heard rumors about what happened during the final battle, between you and Devon... did... did you really kill him? You don't seem the type."

Nearly everything below his neck had vanished. David looked at Kax, eyes meeting eyes. "Devon killed himself. I'm still trying to understand why."

David vanished.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Back at the party-

There was a puff of smoke in a corner, as David Toboz reappeared at the party, his Nikola Tesla costume now lacking an overcoat and noticibly worse for wear. Ignoring everything going on around him, David walked forward and hugged Andrew tightly. "Sorry if I worried you. I missed you."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:42 pm 

Andrew whirled and hugged David back, nearly knocking him over. His fear evaporated, but he was still wound up by it all...

"David! I was- I diddn't know when you would come bac, or if you were okay, and I know it always sends you terrible places and- and..." he paused, and pulled him down into a kiss.

"And you scared me." he finished, clinging to him tightly.

Meanwhile, he forgot he had sent his demons off to go after the two machines...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:14 pm 

Jess looks at Xerox. "Sorry you volunteered M for the party yet?"

Chic, happily clambering through the hallways. "My goodness, the things one finds here!" She adds the skeleton key to her stash, which includes a gold plated stapler, a bag of mint oreos, a quill pen, and a remote control for...something.
M's enormous! But the party has got to be here somewhere...
Chic pulls out her phone. "Jefe? The nearest door is 38-C. But it's an even numbered month, and...shoot! I forget what phase of the moon it is. Do I go right or left?"
Xerox sighes...

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:12 pm 

Xerox looked around- at Andrew hugging David, and his alternate quietly talking with Jeffe on the sidelines. He looked up at Jess and smiled a little, shrugging.

"What, are you kidding me? There woudl have been a party anyways, and whenever we have a party we're just lucky if nothing important explodes and no one accidentally brings Baron Von Wulfenbach back to life as a gerbil. So, if we assume it's gonna happen anyways... it may as well be where I can keep an eye on you lot, right?" he said, leaning up and pecking her cheek as he answered his phone.

"38-C? What color are the walls painted? If it's a blue tint go left... and if it;s a red tint go right. If it's yellow you wanna go *back*, and white or black means the bathrooms out of order. Oh, and if there's *any* kind of pattern then it depends on hos long your hair is..."

Sayasuke and Zanshitai made their way down the hallways, occasionally pausing to that they could check for their trail A stray scatter of sprinkles and cookie bits, or a little smear of soda syrup... also, Zanshitai could *scent* their dark intent, which Saya found...

"A little creepy, if I may be honest." he said mildly, as they patiently followed the Machines.

"I am sorry- after everything you have known of me, this is what is found creepy?" Saya was being strict, and wouldn't let him speak Japanese even when it was just them. he had to learn, after all.

"And each new horrifying discovery has disturbed me in turn. I'm just used to it- but they are machines, aren;t they? How can they leave malevolence?"

"Same way as *you*, *Sheathe-San*. Like Tsukumogami- only I think 'Sparks' make it go faster. From the beginning." he said, idly tracking the faint black outlines in the air that were wicked intention...

"Watch it, Kitsunetsuki. But... you might be right. The better the craftsman, the more soul... perhaps if the craftsman is the very *best*...?" they let the question hang in the air for a moment, considering it.

"You say Tinker Sa- Lord Tinker made a living house, right?"

"Ah-huh. Mekka- and Lady Chic has made a living coffee pot. They have invited you to cards- we can teach them Rich Man Poor Man."

"That does sound like Tsukumogami... hmm... hibanagami?"

"Mm... more like Kuchibigami."

They both broke into laughter, as they followed the trail...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:25 pm 

-David-

He smiled. "Hey... a little something like an alternate universe isn't going to keep me away from you..." He smiled and hugged Andrew back. "I missed you though... sooner or later I need to tell you about something." he sighed. "Not tonight, though." He held Andrew's hand and smiled, overjoyed to be back home. "You... you don't really need to worry about me with that thing. To be honest, being blasted across time and space and coming back seems to happy me way too often. I should just try and figure out a way to dismantle that thing, or make a device help me get back or something... I do need to thank you, though. I never would have been able to get back home if it weren't for the plot device you made." He kissed Andrew. "I just wish I hadn't been stupid and broke it... In any event, I promise that one way or another I'd find a way to come back to you. No matter what!"

"Still, I do need to find a way to teach that Toppings Dispenser a lesson... it's been getting more hostile lately. I shudder to think of what would happen if someone ELSE fell victim to it..."

-The Appliances-

The two appliances turned a corner, fleeing from the entity that they were sure had found them...

Only to find Sayasuke and Zanshitai further down the hall. Unfortunately, they weren't able to stop with the momentum they had built up... the Soda-Machine-with-Arms-And-Legs crashed into Zanshitai, who found himself stuck on top of it, with it spurting cherry cola on him as it kept running.

The Automatic Toppings Machine, however, crashed straight into Sayasuke head on, who promptly vanished in a flash of light as it rolled past.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:02 pm 

Chic srides briskly forward. Let's see...take the next left. Check. Skip down the hopscotch grid chalked in the hallway. Check. Almost there...
and a panic stricken soda machine is careening down the hall towards her, Zanshitai stuck to its back, and cursing.
My, his english has improved!
"Fizzity!"
It holds up its sign. It's now a familiar looking yellow diamond, one often seen stuck to car windows. Only this one says "Demon On Board".
Chic purses her lips disapprovingly. Is Andrew's newest demon picking on her creation?
She leaps, grabbing Zanshitai and pulling him free from Fizzity. Mad and demon land in a heap, and Fizzity doesn't stop. If anything, it speeds up.
There's a quick flash of a sign-"Thanks, Mommy!"-and the soda machine rounds the corner and disappears.
Chic stands up, and fruitlessly attempts to smooth out her skirt.
"Oh, my outfit's a mess! I can't go back in like this!"
Mad and Demon are covered in soda. Yuk!
Chic pulls out her new remote, aims it at herself, and rapidly keys in a specific sequence. A mild sonic blast takes care of any soda, leaving herself and her outfit sparkling clean.
"Want me to zap you, too?"
Now she can go back to the party!

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:38 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Back in the party, the crowd was settling down. Jane was deep in conversation with another mad, swapping tips.
Meanwhile, Helen had found the unicorns. It appeared that Red had gotten slightly drunk-- for fun, Blue and Helen were harmonizing while Red belted out a song about Candy Mountain.
The reporter was working her way slowly through the crowd, accompanied by a series of yelps. Looking around, she found her next target.

"Excuse me," she asked, walking up to Xxxy, "would you mind if I interviewed you about the party?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:36 pm 

Zanshitai scowled down at his sticky clothing, examining the damage. And it was his brand new costume dress! Usagi-Sama's boss had made it special for him. But he just wiped at it- and the syrup suddenly turned to dust, easily falling to the ground.

"Easily dealt with. But there is problem- Saya-baka vanished when he was hit by that *other* bedamned Kuchibigami. Must I assume a snack topping machine has a portal to the dark world?" he wouldn't be surprised- he swore he had been reborn into the wierdest land on the earth...

Andrew smiled up at David, even as pretty hefty percentage of the M crowd squeed at the Tarvek/Tesla connotations.

"I can make you another Plot Device. And... oh, dear. I, um, got peeved... and sent Saya and Zan after them. Oh dear."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:51 am 

-nMichael-

He looked around. "D-didn't Jen-Jen s-show up? Or F-freddy?" He folded his arms. He'd changed into his street clothes while all the apparent excitement had happened. He wondered what had happened, and more than that, he wondered where his friends were."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Lady Drezebel-

"Ok, ok... Miss Drezebel says you're done." She got out some white-out and scribbled over the overly-affectionate partner that had been bothering Jennifer all night. "But before I let you out, you have to agree to sign something... a legal contract agreeing not to seek any further hostility against Michael tonight, directly or indirectly." She folded her arms. "Before you start complaining, I'm going to be asking Michael to agree to the same thing in the same way. He may have paid me, but this is a party, and I don't want to get distracted from making out with my husband by one of you trying to blow up M or anything." She smirked. She was, after all, hoping to be a mother someday, and she needed to learn to handle Mad kids.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David-

His eyes widened. "Those poor... poor... I have to find Saya! He doesn't know what he's getting himself into! I have to go help them... in a few minutes." He kept holding Andrew's hand, enjoying the moment. He wouldn't normally put his own wants in front of others, but he knew at least Saya was smart enough to keep from touching that thing, and he had just gotten back from a place he hated, and this was... nice.

-Sarcastic-

She watched David and Andrew, rolling her eyes. Well, it WAS a party... the boss getting distracted probably wouldn't be a big deal tonight of all nights.

Suddenly, she realized no one was watching her, and she vanished, being replaced by Khan with a bowl of candy on his head. Khan blinked. "Well darn. I guess those Trick-or-Treaters aren't getting these candy bars, then..." He set the bowl down on the table, tainting the table's contents with some horrifically MUNDANE food that wouldn't mutate or irradiate or infect or even change the gender of anyone who ate it! The horror!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:34 pm 

Jennifer frowns. She doesn't really have much of a choice... she probably can't get out of the painting otherwise, at least not in time to cause any trouble, so she might as well be out of the painting and not causing trouble. At least then she can have cupcakes. But...

"Can I at least punch Michael in the nose for this? I'll still sign and not do anything besides that... but I really want to hit him for this." At least that stupid girl is gone... Even if she IS still bright red... and wearing a lacy, frilly outfit... grumblegrumblegrumble...

Jen-Jen looks around. There's Michael... oh. Freddy's looking for him, too. She'll... she'll go talk to Claire, maybe... Rose's alternate is pretty nice, usually.

Whee! Party! Someone was saying something about evil appliances and whatnot and how we're all going to die and civilization is going to collapse or something... I wasn't paying attention. It didn't sound very important. Ooooohh... I like Jen-Jen's Road Runner costume!

"Hi, Claire."

"Hi, Jen-Jen! Isn't the party awesome? Did you see the karaoke? And the cupcakes and the decorations and Mistress and Miss Chicgeek throw awesome parties!"

"Mistress? ...you work for Maria? But Rose can't stand her..."

"It's Mistress Jane Narbon over here and she's awesome and clever and really evil and Rose can't stand anyone anyway."

"Right... So how are you?" She ruffles my hair. I think she likes me... probably because I don't curse her out and shoot her like Rose does. People seem to appreciate that.

"I'm great!" Although... funny, I'd think she'd be talking to her Michael, especially given how much Jennifer and Michael have been fighting and stuff... except I guess we're in M and the link is/was broken and all that... That's too bad. " I'm surprised you got Rose to come. She looks really nice in that costume! Did you make it? I made ours... Jennifer didn't like them, but that was just because she didn't want to be Daffy. Oh! Have you met Rolf?" I put an arm around him, grinning. "Rolf, this is Jen-Jen- the Jennifer from the nega-verse."

She blinks, surprised, as she looks at him. "Hi... Rolf, was it? Our version is named Rand... do you work for Tinker too?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm 

Xxxy raised an eyebrow at the reporter- eh, why not? Jeffe was getting more punch, and he was in a better mood than he'd been in a long time. He nodded, waving casually.

"Suuuuure. What the heck. I can play a little correspondent bronco, Lady." he was actiually used to reporters- the political commentators were fond of a man with bright red hair, clever quips, and a hundred different ways to say 'I'm not answering that question'. His favorite was to declare the reporter had 'said the secret word', hand them a hundred dollars, and walk off making quacking noises. This had made reviews more fun, as some of the reporters had begun to *try* and say the secret word.

Today, it was 'cane', or 'marmalade'.

-Freddy-
"Awww, no more costume?" he poked Micheal in the back- he was kind of enjoying the boxing gloves, actually. Maybe he'd keep them. he chuckled, having already seen his rival distracted by Roses alt- who, he noted, was pretty nice really.

"Although, I *did* bring a spare costume for you, just in case... you're a size 9 womens, right?" he asked, gleefully. Oh, he had to have *some* fun with being the Evil Dictators handsome Son... otherwise it was just all political science study and self defense training. He spent most of his days working and studying- he had to cram as much entertainment and stress relief into his free time as he could.

-Andrew-

"Well, Saya *is* an experienced adventurer... I'm sure he'll be alright." he said, looking up at him with a smile.

"And since now that I've said that, it's nearly guaranteed we might have to really go and save him.... perhaps while we can, we could dance? It's not so hard- it;s like fighting, slow, with a beat."

-Sayasuke-

He woke up, slowly, and noted several things. One, he was on the ground, surrounded by oddly decayed buildings. Two, everything he could see was... foggy, and there was an odd silence around him. And three, this was all.... horribly familiar.

"...Hey, are you alright?" he glanced up, where a blond girl in a vest and a skirt was looking at him with concern. Ah. Well. Huh.

"I believe I am well enough. Is your name... Heather?" he asked, pushing himself to his feet- the impact dispelled his costume, and he was in his more typical suit.

"Huh? ... Why do you-" he raised a hand as she stepped back, before movement made him freeze. Movement in the fog...

Centuries of Adventures propelled him forward before his brain realy bothered to prosess anything- he grabbed the girl over his shoulder and bolted, wind tearing the fog apart in his wake.

"Sorryreallynotimetoexplain!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:00 am 
Heh heh heh.

The reporter mentally went over her list of questions.

Let's see. Start with the basics... ask about his work, etc... segue into asking about M, what he thinks of the alternate of his organization. What he thinks about having the party hosted here. Also ask why 'inflammable' means the same as 'flammable'.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:32 pm 
New Madsci

Jack pondered his ChicGeek rescue strategy. If he correctly understood the nature of those two accursed machines, then one touch of his living flesh would would send him to a horrible alternate reality. "Yawn," he thought, "been there, done that, bought the t-shirt; however, it would be an inconvenience that wouldn't do Ms. Chic any good." Then inspiration struck. Concentrating on the effect he desired, he played his Strat and sang:

All down the street they're standin' in line
With white lipstick and one thing on their mind
Hey little freak with the lunch pail purse
Underneath the paint you're just a little girl

Dancin' at the Zombie Zoo, dancin' at the Zombie Zoo
Painted in a corner and all you wanna do
Is dance down at the Zombie Zoo

Cute little dropout, how come you pack a rod
Is your mother in a clinic ? has your father got no job ?
Sometimes you're so impulsive,
You shaved off all you're hair
You look like Boris Karloff and you don't even care

You're dancin' at the Zombie Zoo,
Dancin' at the Zombie Zoo
Painted in a corner and all you wanna do is
Dance down at the Zombie Zoo

She disappears at sunrise, I wonder where
She goes until the night
Comes fallin' down again
She shows up with her friends half-alive

You can make a big impression or
Go through life unseen
You might wind up restricted and over seventeen
It's so hard to be careful, so easy to be lead
Somewhere beyond the pavement
You'll find the living dead

Dancin' at the Zombie Zoo, dancin' at the Zombie Zoo
Painted in a corner and all you wanna do
Is dance down at the Zombie Zoo
Yeah dancin at the Zombie Zoo
Yeah dancin at the Zombie Zoo.

As the song concluded, a cloud of greasy black smoke coalesced, and five zombies stepped out. Jack now had some reinforcements for the rescue attempt, and perhaps they would be immune to the machines' abilities.

"Not bad kid," Maury approved, "you would've been useful for the filming of 'Sean of Dead'".

From out of the onlooking crowd ChicGeek said, "Ooooh, cool zombies, but why are they here?"
Jack grimaced at his wasted effort and replied, "I guess they're party favors now."

Then I could do some cruisin' too!

-----J. Buffet, troubadour extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:26 pm 

Xxxy waved hsi hand in front of the reporters face.

"Uh... hellllooooo? I can;t hear ya if you don't actually ask th' questions, you know." he said, before shrugging.

"Right. I will *assume* you will ask the usual questions, then. My job is fine, I appreciate the challenge, And the secret to world peace is to have enough raspberry parfait and a Big kid of- whoop! Times up! My girlfriends back! ta ta~"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:16 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Amanda called after Xxxy as he turned away. "One thing more, before you go."

He turned back. "Eh?"

Like she had all the others, the reporter's hand brushed the side of her suit, sending a spray of water out at Xxxy. He dodged, but couldn't completely avoid it.

The reporter smiled sweetly, giving a light, merry laugh that made it sound like it was all a game. A very familiar laugh.
Then, switching back to her normal body language and voice, she looked at Xxxy.

"Gotcha," said Maria Narbon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:18 pm 

Xxxy raised an eyebrow, and took out something like a wet nap.

"...very... clever? Look, I'm sure whatever you're doing is really ominous and terrifying, but I only *just* managed to catch a damn break in my love life. Give me, say, ten minutes." he said, wiping the water off of himself.

"I promise, after that I'll run around with my big comically oversized gun and yell a lot, okay?" he asked, stepping backwards.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:20 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane climbed the steps up to the stage, saying a few words to Jack. He moved to the side of the stage. Jane moved in front of the microphone.
Before she spoke, she took a look at the party, smiling as she watched the chaotic movement of the people. It was particularly endearing to watch people, some with their nametags, some without, having fun and playing tricks on one another. As she watched, someone peered through the eyepiece of the 'Famous Halloween Events Kaleidoscimatron', and came away with their face printed in neon-colored paint. The person hadn't noticed.

Jane picked up the microphone, clearing her throat.

"*ahm* Guests, partygoers; ghosts, goblins; and not least, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time."

A strange tolling bell sounded, as if from far away, and a great table arose from the center of the room. The lights dimmed slightly.

"Time to explore the mysteries of our universe. Time to part the obstinate veil. It is time...."
She looked at the audience secretively. "...for a séancé! Let us gather around the table; there, your lovely hostess will reveal the mysteries of the unknown."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:50 am 

Chic, in full regalia as Gypsy Queen, strides regally to a seat at the head of the table, and beckons imperiously.
"It. Is. Time."
All partygoers feel an atavistic cold chill running down their spine, tiny hairs prickling with unease.
"Be seated. Hold hands. Then, we shall begin." Her voice rings out, clear.
A flock(?) of cookies arises from the buffet table, swirling mysteriously, leaving a trail of eldritch sprinkles in their wake before settling.
"Time to contact The Great Beyond."

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:11 pm 

-Thunderwoman-

She blinked. Not intentionally... it was a response triggered as a reaction the sheer amount of data she'd received. She was still processing all of it.

She didn't understand. She hadn't wanted to... she didn't... she took COMFORT from being nothing more than a tool. She hadn't aspired to any kind of sentience. And then, suddenly, all the information, all the sorts of data she'd been continually deleting from her hard drive had suddenly been forced upon her, and she didn't know how would be acceptable to respond. Logical thought was proving difficult. Emotional data Errors kept creeping into her observational data. She didn't know how to respond. How to behave. How to act. She had taken in more data from the little robot girl than she'd been prepared to receive. For the first time she could remember, she was confused... and more than a little terrified.

A strange thought possessed her.

Thunderwoman withdrew from the party, wandering off down the halls, passing by two panicking sentient appliances in horror movie costumes, one of which was leaving behind a trail of fudge ice cream topping in it's wake. She paused to consider a possibility... her primary offensive ability, the Thunderclapper, allowed her to manipulate and expel waves of destructive, weaponized vibrations either through her mouth, or through the palms of her two upper extremities. In this end she could destroy almost anything susceptible to vibrations.

But could she use it for a different purpose? She recalled hearing something Michael had been listening to earlier, in some virtual simulation he had been playing. As with all observed data, she had stored the lyrics and the melody as memory data, for future deletion or long term encryption and storage. But she hadn't yet deleted it.

She wondered if... her artificial eyelids slide shut.

From her arms, the sounds of a keyboard began to echo out. Her mouth opened, as she began to artificially sing.

All alone, she made a song in the darkened corridors of M, for no reason other than to see if she could.

Later, this would eventually spark a rumor amongst the employees of M about a beautiful, ethereal, singing ghost that wandered the halls of the building by night.

-Lady Drezebel-

She shook her head. "Ah ah ah! But that would be a breach of contract... no hostility from either of you at the other party for the rest of the night, either directly or knowingly indirectly. Otherwise you'll have to face legal action from M, since I purloined this paperwork from their desks... and I believe they keep a miss M. Kelly on retainer ever since the last time they had to sue someone. Probably in your best interests just to let it go until tomorrow, deary."

Lady Drezebel couldn't help but chuckle internally. Kids. Of course, she was probably only going to force Michael and Jennifer to get a bit more CREATIVE, but at least they wouldn't be outright hitting each other like sophmoric little jocks. "Now run along and go play, alright? I've got a husband to find and make out with some more, and a Primary Xerox to scare the crap out of with the artistic representation of fear."

-David-

He smiled. "Of course we can dance! I'd love to... I don't think I've ever danced before." He scratched his head. "You'd have thought that in one of the universes I went to I'd have had the chance to learn how to dance, but the only chance I had was to learn ballroom dancing, and I didn't really have a partner I wanted to dance with back then. I did get to dance a little bit in that one universe where mankind never got past tribal, migratory cultures, but that was for some spiritual ceremony, and Narr'Bun the Shamaness tried to cut my heart out afterwords... can you teach me how to dance, Andrew?"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:05 pm 

Jennifer scowls. But she can't stay in the painting forever. With a sigh, she signs the stupid contract. She'll have to try to figure out more about those paintings, to keep this from happening again.

So she isn't allowed to attack Michael... no, that wasn't what Lady Drezebel had said. She had said hostility.

Well, that limits her options some. Hmmm...

I look around in confusion. What's a seance? Why are the cookies flying? What are Mistress and Miss Chicgeek doing? What's going on? What's the Great Beyond? Beyond what? ...is that a cookie shaped like a mouse?

Ooooh... it is... Pounce! Munch munch munch. Yummy!

I'd ask about all that stuff, but Mistress and Miss Chicgeek look like they're in the middle of something and it's supposed to be quiet and stuff. Maybe I'll just wait and see.

Jennifer, now in a frilly, lacy dress, walks back into the party. Stupid Drezebel... Stupid Michael... Michael's talking to Fredric at the moment. Stupid Fredric. Grumble grumble sulk scowl... And she can't even punch him in the nose. Ah, well.

Hmph. Now she has nothing to do. Talking to Rose is a bad idea, Michael's talking to Fredric, Claire's with Rolf and talking to Jen-Jen, she doesn't really want to talk to Primary... Maybe she'll just go home soon.

It is a nice dress, though. She does like that aspect of Lady Drezebel's style, at least.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:03 am 

The Lady in Red links her arm through Detective X's arm, and smiles. "Come on, we might as well take our places. Looks like the Kid and Psycho Lass have something in mind."
Xerox raises an eyebrow. "And this is good how?"
Jess snorts. "Come on, babe. Might as well see it through-you'll have your fiefdom back soon enough."
She leads Xerox towards the table, brushing past a Byakuya Kuchiki on the way as she's speaking.

Tesla Girl and the slowly morphing pirate/ninja find their Queen bee. Sammy whispers, "Helen, should we join the seance, or take this opportunity to leave? I don't think my folks are too happy with us being her."
Tesla Girl nods. "Yeah, I think I really freaked Mom out. Maybe they won't remember to ground us?" Her voice doesn't hold out much hope.

Rolf smiles, arm looped around Claire's waist. "Ah...Jen-Jen, vas it? No, Hy don't vork for professor Tinker. Right now Hy'm vorking for Kid Atomic-de Heterodyne loyalty taking preference, uf caus." Then the bell tolls slowly, and Claire pounces on a floating cookie.
Rolf grins. "Dollink, mebbe ve'd better join de odders at de table?" He pauses, considering. "Hyu ever been to a seance before?"
"What's a seance?"
"...Hokay. Dis is chust for fun. A pretend seance, Hy guess. Dey are going to try to contact spirits. Ghosts. Hyu know. Something spooky to do, on halloween. If ve go, ve heff to sit quietly at de table, und hold de hand uf de person to either side, vile de medium-dot's a title, not a description-tries to make contact. Hy don't know if Miss Chicgeek is playing de medium, or hyu boss-mit vun as a gypsy, und vun as a vitch, could be either. Or both. Ve can take part, ve can stand over here und vatch, if ve quiet, or ve can leave. Hyu choose. Any questions? If so, better make dem quick. Looks like they startink soon."

Jeffe smiles at Xxxy. "Should we? I don't know what this Narbon is like, but our Chic's my friend. Or we could just sit this out..." She squeezes his hand, lightly. "Whatever you want. We can't leave the party until Lord Tinker's ready to go, anyway."

Chic looks at Jane, seated beside her.The table's starting to fill up. Good.
The tiniest of nods is exchanges. The snake draped about Jane's neck flickers its tounge, idly.
Chic inclines her head, regally, at the assembled mads. People are still strolling over-some curious, some giggling, some....nervous.
Others, disinterested or wary, gather a discreet distance away.
And Jane smiles.
Heh.

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:22 am 
Heh heh heh.

As the table finished filling, the entire group gradually joined hands. A cold wind began to blow, making a few shiver, and for a second, sensitive people felt... strange.
Chic and Jane spoke, in unison. "Let the séancé.... begin."

The lights dimmed.
Things only got stranger from there. Ghostly knocking began, seemingly from no visible source; now far away, now near. Decorations moved around, several lit candles following the eldritch cookies into flight, only serving to illuminate their own spheres in the dimness.

Then, Jane began to chant, a rich, fluid sound in some archaic language, the speech almost glistening as it was heard. Slowly, the patterns of the cookies responded to her word, swirling in arcane signs, as a subtle rippling could be seen in the air above the table. Jane and Chic's faces were lit from below by an unseen light.
The people around the table watched, nervously.

Gradually, Chic joined in with her own counter-chant, the two almost-poems interweaving and sparkling in the air, as the serpent around Jane's neck added to the verbal melody with its own sibilant whisper. The knocks— and other strange noises— were closer now, sometimes sounding right next to the ears of the watchers. And the subtle rippling above the table intensified slightly.

After a stanza or two, the chant appeared to reach a climax, Jane, Chic and snake exhorting... something... in their pet dead language. Slowly, the poem reached its peak.

"Ema/dloxxia/sthanath! Era/drojjia/sthanath! Ela/dmosttia/s'th'anath!"

And then Chic fell into a trance...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 pm 
New Madsci

High above the seance table, in the stygian gloom of the cavern's upper reaches, a globe of cold dark mist formed unnoticed by the crowd below. Swirling madly, the mist released six tendrils which threaded silently through the cavern below. Five of the offshoots found the prey they were after in the zombie "party favors" that Mithril Jack had summoned. A sixth, smaller tentacle reached toward Maury the agent, who had remained with the party in order to observe the festivities. It touched the dead parrot that still perched upon Maury's shoulder. Then the mist dissipated and the eyes of each dead body began glowing green.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:37 pm 

Chic looks like she's in a trance-inside, however, she's grinning. The special effects turned out so well! And it looks like Jane's added some! neat!

Jane (and her snake), is also eying their surrounding with satisfaction. Perfect. And I see Chic's added some extra effects, too! Heh.

A mysterious voice, quite unlike Chic's normal tone, is heard from her. "I have a message...for...Michael. Seventh son, lucky seven, seven colors to the rainbow, powerful number seven."
Jane almost raises an eyebrow. That wasn't in the script.
"Beware..." Chic's voice becomes a deep hiss. "Beware the-" And her voice cuts off abruptly.
A rogue flock of cookies swirls madly about Michael in a dizzying spiral, leaving sprinkles in his hair.
Definitely not in the script. Ah, well, Jane thinks, can't blame her for hamming it up a little. Still, we need to move this along. After all, the musician has one more song scheduled, and they need to hand out prizes for the best costumes still. It's getting late. People will start departing soon!
Jane decides to prompt Chic. "Oh spirit from the great beyond, what secrets do you bring us tonight, from beyond the veil?"
Chic blinks, then in a deep voice declares, "Xerox, you have a long trip in your future."
A shriller, female voice-still unlike Chic's own-issues from her mouth.
"Oh, pa-leeze! It's her that has the long trip ahead, not him!"
"Him!"
"Her!"
"You were senile before you joined us behind the veil, and you haven't changed a bit!"
It's surreal, hearing both sides of the verbal tennis match come from Chic's mouth.
A glowing, swirling, mist appears in the shimmering space of air above the table. It brightens, and both voices make themselves heard at once-from the swirl this time, not Chic.
"Bah! They'll see, soon enough!" And a male maniacal laughter mingles with a femmine hysterical shriek. The mist brightens, there's a sudden burst of light-
And it's gone.
Chic blinks, then intones gravely. "We release the spirits we have conjured, back to the mysterious realm from which they came. Perhaps their counsel will come clear with time-who can say? Hold hands. Do not break the circle!"
Chic and Jane chant together briefly, in their lost language. Then, in unison, they declare-"It is finished!"
And a electric shock, equivalent to a joy buzzer, starts with Chic, and rapidly makes its way around the circle. People yelp, curse, jump a little-and the two hostesses smile gleefully.
"Gotcha!" Chic grins.
"Don't go away just yet," Jane calls out. "The band has one more song to play, then we announce the winners of the costume contest and hand out prizes. And those are some very special mad treats, not tricks, we assure you!"
Meanwhile, the zombie begin a slow shuffle towards the table...

C Valente

Last edited by chicgeek on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:08 pm 
New Madsci

In the distance the ghostly tintinabulation of an unseen bell can be heard. A hint of static electricity tickled the hairs of everyone present, which surprised Chic - this was not her doing. The five zombies moaned as they shuffled towards the table. Four of them were caucasian, two of which wore glasses and another sported a black suit and porkpie hat. The fifth was of African-American origin and had a large afro. Mithril Jack did a double take as he watched the undead quintet approach. Something about them seemed familiar. With a tremor of unease in his voice he queried, "Wh-who are you guys?"

The zombie with the hat smiled and pulled a pair of sunglasses out of his breast pocket. Donning them, it said, "We're the band!"

Four of the zombies shuffled towards the stage, where a drum set and a stand with two guitars miraculously appeared. The black zombie sat down behind the drum set and picked up his sticks. One of the bespectacled walking dead picked up a rhythm guitar while the one without glasses grabbed a bass. The corpse in the suit picked up the mike, as if he were about to sing.

The fifth zombie continued approaching Jack. Its arms were outstretched and it moaned piteously. Jack stood as if frozen, and then said, "Buddy, is that you? Oh my God it is!" Unslinging his Strat, he reverently placed it into the zombie's waiting arms. "I've tried to care for her as if she were my own child," he said.

Buddy slowly took his place at the bandstand, and the five broke into a rocking rendition of "That'll Be the Day". The music was so loud that no one noticed when Maury the agent let out a yell and clutched the side of his head. It seems that the zombie parrot sitting on his shoulder had bitten off a chunk of his ear.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next