Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars: A Halloween Party II
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:41 pm 
New Madsci

The party had been going well for Jack. He'd been performing a standard selection of Halloween numbers, songs like 'Monster Mash' and 'Thriller', interspersed with tunes that were thematic with the costumes of various partygoers. Chic's costume, for example, had inspired him to sing 'Say Has anybody Seen my Sweet Gypsy Rose' while Jane's costume had brought about a rendition of 'Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered'. Then some cretin had stuck a knife in his back and brought about Jennifer's bondage scene. It was an impressive illusion, but Michael had to be taught a valuable lesson - it's bad manners to upstage the entertainer. He concentrated as he sang:

There are unsmiling faces and bright plastic chains
And a wheel in perpetual motion

At this the packs of children's trading cards once again rose into the air; this time, however, they began unwrapping themselves. As each card freed itself from its wrapper it joined the others, coalescing into a mass of twirling slips of cardboard.

And they follow the races and pay out the gains
With no show of an outward emotion

And they think it will make their lives easier
For God knows up till now it's been hard
But the game never ends when your whole world depends
On the turn of a friendly card

From out of the twirling mass a single card emerged and turned over to reveal a picture of a white dragon.

No the game never ends when your whole world depends
On the turn of a friendly card

The chaotic mass of cards congealed into a large white dragon. As the drake took solid form various partygoers were pushed aside to avoid being crushed by the drake. The monster craned its head up over the crowd until it spied its prey. It then descended, grabbing Michael by the scruff of his neck. It flipped him into the air and, on his downward trek, caught him in its mouth and swallowed him.
"Mmm, crunchy," the dragon exclaimed. "Somebody pass the ketchup".
Suddenly the white dragon's complexion turned decidedly green. "Blerrrrrgh," it roared, and vomitted a slime-covered, shaken, but otherwise unharmed Michael from its gullet. It then vanished into thin air.
Mithril Jack smiled and said to the crowd, "I guess it ate something rotten!"

Then I could do some cruisin' too!

-----J. Buffet, troubadour extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:12 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Jess smirks, watching her husband fighting with himself. And she notices someone else watching, wide eyed...
Jess saunters over. "Hey. Jeffe, right?"
"Yep. Um...shouldn't we do something?" She tugs on her collar.
"What? Make popcorn? I'm just regretting that there isn't a vat of chocolate pudding...or oil, maybe? Hmm..." Jess muses.
Jeffe is turning scarlet. Especially looking at Xxxy in his Jayne outfit, after that thought...
"s-stop that!" Come to think of it, it would be-Jeffe squelchs that thought firmly, and changes the subject.
"So, um, sorry we missed the wedding. Tell me, where did you learn to shift like that? The non human stuff...you said then you could do almost anything? How did you learn...that?"
Jess smiles. "Yeah. It was...trauma triggered." Jess looks at herself, and decides to share.
"Maybe you won't have to, now that we know it's possible? Okay...how to make this short...I'd been under stress. Prim, and the others was attacked, by a villain who shut down their minds. We had to go inside, and bring them back out, or lose them forever."
Jeffe shudders, but is agog to hear more. "Okay, you obviously succeded. Then?"
"Then...soon as he was free, someone attacked him, while he was still a little disoriented. I...snapped. Grew tentacles, fangs, and claws."
"...Really?"
"Yup. Kicked ass. Then-it was like the first time. I...flowed through various forms a while, before it settled."
"...What did, um, he make of it?" Jeffe's voice is hesitant.
"He kissed me on the cheek. Held my hand, even when it was a paw."
"That's so romantic." Jeffe sighes, and watches Xxxy fling Prim through the air.
"Yeah..." Jess's smirk softens into a smile. "Ooh, that's gonna sting. Boys...anyway, nice outfit."
"Thanks. Yours, too."
The two watch the pummeling companionably.
"So...you and he?" Jess ask, curious.
"Uh huh. Kind of..."
"Kind of? Spill."
"Um..." Jeffe tugs on her collar, uncomfortable. "I think he...I mean, we go out and stuff, and we work together, but...and I do, but...um...can we change the subject?"
"No. What's with the um...?" Jess is intreiged. "You like him, right? And he likes you?"
Jeffe looks around, and lowers her voice to a whisper. "he's never said...well, said non jokingly....and..."
"and?" Two heads lean together.
"he's never even kissed me."
"Oh, no way! You're serious?"
Jess is appalled. Looks like she'll have to give herself a hand...and make Prim help, too.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:29 pm 

Xerox held his weapon steady on Xxxy, a little disoriented from the throw- he needed a diversion... what else did he have on him? A squirt pen... he'd never draw it without his double catching on. His flask, his candy-ettes, and the costume gun- the costume gun! He knew just how to get out of this. He took a deep draw of his candyettes, filling his lings to the limit with the glittery sugar payload, and expelled it in the next- enveloping the pair in a cloud of glittering red smoke, blocking them from view.

Xerox expected the swing- oh, sure, Xxxy *could* dispatch you quietly and subtly, but just like how Xerox *could* clear the room with a gun and moves a Jager would adore, he diddn't unless he *had* to. He was, in his own bizarre way, a honorable fighter... all Bar-room brawl style, all the way. And even Xerox had to admit, he could probably level a city with a wooden chair and a set of brass knuckles. He dodged under it fluidly, turning suddenly so that his back was pressed solidly against Xxxy's chest. From the new angle, he drew his costume ray, and flicked the dial on his 'six shooter' so that it would fire harmless colored beams.

He fired a spray of the colored beams, matching Xxxy;s usual careless spray of fire. But in the middle of the deluge, he fired the costume ray *once*- it rebounded off the disco ball, ricocheted off of several punch glasses, and hit Jennifer dead on. Just before the smoke cleared, he shoved the costume Ray in Xxxy's hand, and rolled clear.

Admittedly, he wasn't sure how he felt about giving the diabolical Think Tank Agent the Costume Ray... but he felt better about it than he did letting Jennifer know *he* had hit her with it. It was a calculated risk. He purposefully fouled the roll, theatrically bouncing to a stop on the floor. There was a cleared area- this *was* an M party, after all. And they loved seeing their boss fight.

Xxxy wasn't sure what had just happened, until he noted the new gun in his hand. Huh- something *sneaky* had just been pulled on him... but heck if he cared! It was fighting' time! For now, the new gun was shoved in a spare holster- he always had one, just in case of such a fortuitous situation. He found new guns all the time! So nice...

"Heh. Allrigh', ya got th' jump on me there, old man."

"...we're the SAME AGE."

"Are not! You;re two years older 'n me!"

"No, I am NOT. They just had to *guess* our ages when they found us!"

"Still counts, old ma- AUGH!" this time it was Xerox who tackled Xxxy, his eyes gleaming bloody murder as he threw him to the ground- both guns went flying, the fight reduced to hand-to-hand. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw hsi wife talking to *her* double... hmm.

"So, gotten u the nerve yet?" he asked, casually dodging a kick, and twisting Xxxy into a hold.

"Ow! None of your- OW! Fine, fine, I haven;t! I''m going to tonight." he hissed.

"Good. You need to man up already. Mind you I- oof!- sepnt seven years letting *mine* get away, so I have some sympathy." he said, locking his knees into place as Xxxy tried to throw him off- it was a little like a rodeo machine... Xxxxy was face down in an arm lock, but if he got to his knees Xerox would have toruble- oup! And he was up. Damn...

-Teh Steve!-
His smiled brightly, the light in the room seeming to glitter very slightly for a second with his good mood. Rolf's father... that had been such a long time ago. It was wonderful to see someone from then alive and well, and none other than his little godson!

"Umbra? Ah! Crash's cousins- he's my apprentice here at M, actiualy. And Miss Claire here has something of a fan following with my coworkers. Nicely done, Rolf." he said, nudging his godson slightly, with an appreciative nod. It had started with the LOLClaires, and then the tales of her abilities towards destruction of Chaos had reached the Hacker cave. It was a Moe Moe thing...

He paused at Claire's outburst, rendered speechless. How had she... that was... huh. Maybe it was less a Moe Moe thing, and more outright admiration...

"Well, er, it;s... technically The Abyss... but I suppose it;s the dimension that holds within *all* dimensions, so... yes? You have the advantage of me, I'm afraid."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:58 pm 

From behind Rolf, a voice in his ear- "here's Claire's proper costume. You found it in the men's room." A duffel bag is dropped into his hands, and Crash slips away into the crowd...

I look at Mister Steve, confused. "Why do I have the advantage? I mean... I've been there, but you've been to my home universe, so it seems more we're even... or if anything, you're ahead, 'cause you can live there and I can't really live in your place- The Abyss? That sounds about right... Sorry, I only speak English and it isn't so good for explaining most things. So how do you and Rolf know each other?"

Jennifer scowls, flushed with rage. Daffy Duck?! Someone found the costume, and now she's Daffy Duck?! Well, she'll find out who is responsible, and hunt them down. But in the meantime...

A piece of paper, a hammer and a nail- the costume has a rather interesting hammer-space component, somehow...

A sign reading "Claire Season" is soon hanging on the wall...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:17 pm 

The Steve managed to recover, leaning on his Scythe. She had... and she knew where... who *was* this girl? Who were the Umbras, for that matter? He was curious now... his kind of, er, *thing* weren;t well known. Well, except Chzo, but that had been a slip up on his part. And he was more of an Elemental, anyways.

"I'm his Godfather. I heard he fell in battle... but apparently he was given Jagerbrau? It's a nice look for you. Very dashing." he said, sipping some of the punch. It was nice! Kind of a kool-aide radiactive waste flavor...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:20 pm 

Rolf thinks fast. He allows the man who shoved the duffel at him to escape-he could find him easy if he had to. His scent's distinctive...
"Claire? Dis vas in de men's room." Or so he's been told-so it's not lying...
"Is it hyu's, Dollink?"
By the look on her face, he'll assume that's a yes.
He returns his focus to Steve, after smiling indulgently at Claire.
"So. Hyu know, it don't matter...but...vill hyu enlighten me? Don't take dis de wrong vay, but...vhy are hyu here? Is dot somethink hyu can be tellink? Regardless," Rolf takes a sip from his hip flask, "It's goot to see you."

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:27 pm 

"This? But- I'm not supposed to-" Wait... if Jennifer's wearing the Daffy costume now, it MUST be ok... "I'llberightback!" I grab the duffel back and sprint into a corner. Turn here, go here- no one ever comes here-

Costume goes over the dress.. skin paint comes off with these chemicals... fake ears on top of the real ears, tail winds around... feet, gloves, body... yay!

Run back to the party! Yay Bugs Bunny costume! And it's got dynamite and carrot-shaped cookies and I worked so hard on it and YAY!

Crash has changed into his own costume. Elmer Fudd. Hmm... the sign on the wall says 'Claire Season.' He chuckles softly to himself, gun at the ready. "Be vewy, vewy qwiet..."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:53 pm 

The Steve thought a moment, looking u at the ceiling. He preferred to have... well, a reasonable level of doubt. Not being understood, or being feared... it wasn't pleasant. For one thing, being mistaken for a witch was confusing... he *had* admitted he had powers, but then they;d just thrown him in a lake. Mind, it had been peaceful down there... but still. Really pretty rude.

But... Rolf was Familly. And he deserved to know.

"Well... It helps if you've read some of Mister Lovecraft's work. Beyond the boundaries of the Universes are beings that are very *big*, and very powerful. Many of them are mindless, or insane, caring only for their own power, or hunger." he explained, tilting his head a little. His eyes were very pale, and if you looked closely, had very odd pupils... and the irises were kind of large... and they... diddn;t quite *move* tight*. They seemed to move very slowly...

"If you went beyond the universe, into the Universe that holds All Universes, and kept going until all the Universes were but glittering little stars in an inky blackness beyond comprehension... that is where my form slumbers while I live here. I arrived in the 1700's. I like it here. I like being human. Or... close to it."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:25 pm 

Rolf nods his head, matter of factly. He'd had an inkling, from Claire's confused descriptions of where she and the others were, and her comments to Steve now.
"Yah. Hy, also." He grins. Not that being jaeger is unhuman, at least compared to what Steve is...
"So, hyu vork for M..." Rolf rubs his chin. And Steve approves of Claire, apparently.
"Yes, I'm the Head Hacker." And more, but that will do.
Rolf reaches a decision. "Godfather? Hy vould...like to talk to hyu sometime. Chust vhenever, ya?" He shrugs, adopting a casual air.
"Ah, look at mein Claire! Es goot to see her so happy."
Jennifer looks pretty steamed...Rolf smirks a bit, since she can't see him. He'd thought about offering her his aid, earlier-what that other mad did was over the top, villain or no. But the timing is definitely wrong now. Eh, she'd probably threaten to shoot him if he did-mads can be so touchy. Maybe he'll run it by Claire later.
Not now, though. Not when she's having so much fun.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:10 pm 

-Yami Michael-

He scowled and wiped some dragon-mucus off of his outfit. "Blah... that's something I need to remember... never make an enemy of the music guy. Or if you do, kill him first. At least the costume switch seemed to have worked out well. Using Xerox was a brilliant move on Crash's part, as he was one of the few people Jennifer wouldn't ever touch.

A voice from behind him caught his attention. "Query. Does this unit appear to be operating this external chassis in a proper manner?" Yami Michael turned around. Thunderwomanwas standing behind him, wearing a white shoulderless shirt and a collar with a red ashcot literally leaking out of it. He had changed out her hair color for the occasion so that it now was a strong white-ish blue, as well as altered her functional eye color to a deep red, which matched the puffy part of the headband, which strongly resembled red rabbit ears.

Yami Michael nodded. "Yes. You look exactly like a spurious running cameo no one will get. In other words, you're wearing it perfectly."

"State mission directives."

Michael rolled his eyes. He'd have to be creative about this... "Primary purpose: Gather information of tactical import surreptitiously by participating in vocal exchanges with the other units present here. Relay all pertinent information back to myself at a later defined date. Secondary Purpose: If possible, remove Primary Xerox from the competition of the costume contest, as well as anyone else who might threaten my costume. ONLY fulfill directives of secondary purpose if you can do so without being seen or directly proven of it. Tertiary purpose: Annoy Jennifer." He watched her nod and walk away, wondering if he'd be able to recycle that statement later, or if she'd grow wise to how he had essentially just commanded her to go talk to people and be social as her primary purpose.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:50 am 

Chic makes her way over to where Andrew is lounging oh-so-casually against a wall.
"So..nice costume."
He elegantly takes a sip of something bubbling gently in a wine glass.
"You approve?"
"Heck, yes. Mine you, if...other relatives pop in, they'll have apoplexy..."
Chic grins. "But they'll just need to get over it. Me, from what I've read, I don't know why the 'we don't talk about him' attitude. If you want backup, or a friendly in your corner, I'm on it."
She pauses, looking him over. "Man-the resemblance is downright eerie, isn't it?"

Kid Atomic checks out his hair in the mirror. Perfect, as usual. Even with the winged helmet.
It's sleek, and silver, and somewhat retro-futuristic. He's carrying the traditional staff, and wearing the winged sandals.
Most of the classic depictions of Mercury he'd found that's all Mercury wore. The Kid wisely decided to go with a short tunic, instead. It's got that classic vibe, still-even manages to be masculine. Which is a nice trick, with that much of his legs showing.
He doesn't go for a flashy entrance, just strolls in all nonchalont.
So that's what Chic's wearing? He'll have to slip some dough to the musician later, get him to play 'Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves'. Heh.
After all this time, he's not quite sure who challenged who to a drag race. It just kind of...evolved. And that smash up-comparing the carcasses, finding out she was using his patended suspension system!
Words were exchanged. Things got ugly.
When the dust settled, the possibility of coincidence had been grudgingly accepted. (he still had his doubts) But by that point, they were rivals.
Heh, he even used to flirt with her a little, just to cheese her off. Like back at the Prix...but that was before-
"Mona, baby!"
"Working."
"Ah, but baby-"
"Working."
Desdemona is busily preparing drinks for a crowd of partygoers. She's opted to just wear basic black, with a snazzy beret as her nod to the season. A elaborate costume would be too much of a pain to work in.
"Coffee, tea, cider-place an order, or vamoose."
"....Espresso." Kid Atomic smiles. "You know how I like it."
She rolls her eyes. "Yeah, yeah..." And hands him a perfect cup.
He seizes the moment to press her hand, briefly. She flashes a tiny smile, then returns to work.
A female mad whistles, as he walks off. "Nice legs!"
Then jumps, as someone's poisen cider is spilled down the back of her elaborate costume.
A crowd like this, accidents are inevitable.
Desdemona smiles serenely.

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:42 pm 
New Madsci

When Mithril Jack paused for a brief moment to wet his whistle (delicious punch, that) he was approached by a man with delusions of Olympian godhood to play 'Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves'. The faux Hermes then slipped some money into his hand and slunk off. He looked down at the cash he was holding, shrugged, and wondered what use an accidental dimensional traveller like himself had for paper money; and besides, what was Maury going to pay him with anyway. He shoved the cash into his pocket and got back up on stage, singing:

I was born in the wagon of a travelin' show
My mama used to dance for the money they'd throw
Papa would do whatever he could
Preach a little gospel
Sell a couple bottles of Doctor Good

Gypsies, tramps and thieves
We'd hear it from the people of the town
They'd call us gypsies, tramps and thieves
But every night all the men would come around
And lay their money down

Picked up a boy ...

At that moment a band of partygoers all in Viking costume emerged from the crowd, armed with battle axes and computer keyboards. Jack could smell the alcohol on their from ten feet away.
Shouting Jack down, their leader bellowed, "We are the Reavers who Hack n' Slash. We don' wanna hear that crap, Play us a Viking drinking song or we'll pillage your credit rating!"
Jack smiled and said, "Why, I have just the tune for you. This is an edda written by the great Midgard skald John Boardman."
Plucking his Strat, Jack sung (to the tune of 'The Girl I Love'):

In days of yore, the great god Thor would ramp around creation.
He'd drink a pint and slay a giant and save the Nordic nation,
Or kill a Worm to watch it squirm and vainly try to fang him,
Or lock up Loki in the pokey and on the noggin bang him.
Once he did bawl through Thrudvang Hall that on a trip he'd wander
In a disguise from prying eyes, in Midgard way out yonder,
So all his slaves, huscarls and knaves, packed up his goods and gear, O,
And off he strode, on Bifrost road, a perfect Aryan hero.
In Midgard land he joined a band of hardy Viking ruff-i-ans,
And off they sailed and rowed and bailed among the auks and puff-i-ans.
Whene'er they'd reach a foreign beach they stopped to raid and plunder;
Each Nordic brute got so much loot their longship near went under.
But as they rolled in coins of gold, they had one joy forsaken,
For on each raid Thor's party made, no women could be taken.
Each drab and queen fled from the scene when Viking sails were sighted,
And Thor felt the need for certain deeds that had gone unrequited.
Thor's brows were black as they went back to Oslo's rocky haven;
Unto his crew he said, "Beshrew me for a Frankish craven
"If I don't wrench some tavern wench, or else may Frigga damn her."
Replied one voice, "You got first choice; you've got the biggest hammer."
Into an inn that crew of sin disembarked upon their landing,
Each tavern maid was sore afraid of pirates of such standing.
But golden coins warmed up their loins and the ale soon ran free;
Thor's motley crew poured down the brew and made an all-night spree.
Thor's glances strayed unto a maid with hair as gold as grain,
A lisp so shy, a downcast eye, and not a trace of brain;
He swept her charms into his arms and to an upstairs bower,
And did not cease nor give her ease for six days and an hour!
When he rose up and drained a cup, she looked like one that's near death:
Her limbs were weak, she could not speak, and only gasped for her breath.
"You ought to know, before I go, I'm Thor," he bade adieu.
"You're Thor!" said she. "Conthider me! I'm thorer, thir, than you!"

The Vikings laughed raucously, and marched back into the crowd singing:

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam,
Wonderful Spam, Wonderful Spam!........

Doing his best Groucho Marx imitation, Jack said, "Somebody warn the moderators. The forum's been invaded by spammers!"

Then I could do some cruisin' too!

-----J. Buffet, troubadour extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:27 pm 

-Michael-

He'd found a corner where no one was looking and no one would bother someone who was talking to themselves.

"Ugh... no, I don't want any cookies!" He scowled, putting a hand on his head. He was getting rather annoyed. He didn't know how, but somehow he KNEW Jennifer was behind this... with her inferior intellect it was probably all she could do to bother him. "Arrgh! You can't keep bugging other people. You can't keep..." His words fell flat. He was being a hypocrite. "Yeah, yeah, yeah... look, can you quit talking for a moment?" Maybe he could just ignore her- "Hey! Quit throwing cookies!" He snarled. "Arrgh! I'll get her back if it's the event that ENDS this party!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Thunderwoman-

She looked up at the man playing the music. "Query: What purpose makes it necessary for you to flood this room with those vibrations?"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:59 pm 

Whee! "Hi, Rose! Isn't this fun? Why aren't you wearing a costume?"

"Go the #$&@ away." She glares at me.

"Hrah hrah hrah?"

"Aww... it's cute! But why'd you make it small?"

"Because it's @#$& *convenient.* Go away."

"That's not very Mad-"

"Go the @#!& away!" I don't think she likes me very much for some reason... I hand her a dynamite bouquet and wander off... There's a lovely Ka-BOOM followed by loud cursing.

Crash continues to search. There must be a Claire around here somewhere... He wants to find at least one before Claire Season ends...

Jen-Jen grins, arriving at the party. Not a fancy entrance or anything, but, well... She walks over to Rose, covered in gunpowder. "I thought you said you weren't going along with the theme! I brought your costume anyway, though!" She holds up a Wile E. Coyote costume. Naturally, she's dressed as the Road Runner...

"@#$& YOU!"

Jennifer nibbles on a cookie, smirking to herself. *Someone* is standing in a corner... and his lips are moving, but he's definitely not talking to anyone else...

Imaginary Inner Jennifer is still smirking... "What? You don't *like* cookies? And I have to throw them- you won't just take one, after all... And you know, this place is horribly messy... and cramped... although I guess I shouldn't expect much from *you*, but this is still pretty ridiculous... Are you genetically this stupid, or does it come from having other people in here to do your thinking for you? Although you usually manage to mess that up pretty well, too..."

Jennifer walks over to Michael, still standing in the corner. "What are you doing? Is something wrong?" She's concerned, really she is... Heh.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:54 pm 

-Yami Michael-

He scowled at her. "As if you don't know what's wrong, Jennifer. Oh, you can play innocent, but know this... all I did was use you as a prop. You <censored for content> with my mind!" He nearly growled, and then...

(Writer's Note: I apologize for subjugating everyone to this, but please open this in a new tab. This music is patently terrible, hokey, flash-in-the-pan pop music, up there with "I kissed a girl and I liked it" in terms of inanity and annoyance, but it... well, it properly sets the tone for this.)

Two slender arms practically poured down Yami Michael's shoulders, criss-crossing along his chest. A chin rested along his right shoulder, connected to a face of smooth, creamy-white skin and two leaf-green eyes, covered by blue-tinted goggles. Blond hair cascades down from her head like a waterfall, and her lips are bent in the direction of a small smile, as she pressed into Michael. Although it couldn't be seen from her position, the black, belly shirt she was wearing had a yellow T surrounded by a yellow circle on it, and a small pink heart with an arrow sticking through it on the tag on the back of the collar with the washing instructions on it. Her brown, earthy belt had several pouches on it, each filled with a variety of different sciency things and peripherals, as if she expected to be conducting experiments at the party. And she was wearing yellow shorts that matched her hair. She giggled, a sound resembling a rolling purr mixed with a light, airy sigh, as she looked at the two other people in the corner. "Hiii Mikey!" Samantha, in her costume, giggled. "Who is this? A friend of yours?"

In his mind, Imaginary Inner Jennifer vanished back to the inner recesses of Michael's psyche. Not that he didn't want her there... merely that his perception had shifted immediately towards more pressing matters externally, rather than focusing on inner voices. He really only started hearing voices in his head when he was particularly alone, anyway. THAT was when it was hard to really figure out who he was. "Ah... Hello Sami." He looked up at Jennifer. "Something like that, anyway. I see you found the place easily enough." There was a tone of tension in his voice, hinting at a bit of a nervous twinge. "You're not... usually this expressive..."

"It's a party... I figured some flaunting was in order." She stuck out her tongue at him. "Shame on you for not telling me WHICH warehouse the entrance to M was in... It's my first time coming and I had to break out the energy reader to find which one had abnormal energy readings!" She giggled, looking up at Jennifer. "Nice to meet you! I'm sure a friend of Michael's is a friend of mine. My name is Samantha, but just call me Sam or Sami, ok?"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:18 pm 

For a moment, Jennifer stands, not really able to follow the situation... who- what- she's-

After rather too long, she smirks, albeit weakly. She looks down at Michael, scornfully. "You would..." Back to Samantha- "I'm sorry- Michael is NOT my friend. He's- he's an irritating, immature little boy who likes to think he's almost competent, although I think I can see why someone like you would be friends with him." She raises an eyebrow. "Sorry not to be friendly, Samantha, but I'm pretty sure that a friend of Michael's is NOT a friend of mine."

She turns away. Perhaps something interesting is going on somewhere. She thinks she saw her nega-verse alternate, for one thing. What a nauseating girl for Michael to be friends with...

The sign on the wall says 'Claire Season.' She tears it down and stuffs it in one of the pockets of the stupid Daffy Duck costume... she hadn't wanted to be Daffy in the first place...

She walks away. Either Michael'll be annoyed by the air-brained fluffball... or her data about him is so wrong there wouldn't any point in trying to fix him anyway. Hmph.

Funny... Burn would've told her- 'friends' was a rather important concept, after all... odd... stupid data gaps...

A Tufty sits on a table eating a cookie. His fur has been dyed black, eyes red... just a TOUCH of malevolence to warp the air around him slightly... Crash said it was something from a television show or something... Party's fun, though.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:43 pm 

-Sami and Yami Michael-

"Hm." Sami looked up at the departing Jennifer, a wrinkle crossing her forehead as she furrowed it. "Mikey, I'll be right back, kay?" She stood up and started walking away, after her.

"Huh?" Michael blinked.

"Go, like, get me some punch or something, would you?" She smirked, letting her finger trail along his chest as she walked past.

"But-" Michael sighed as she walked away. He really hated doing this, but she did have him at a bit of a disadvantage... He slide out an explosion ray and prepared to fight his way through the hordes of the crowd towards the snack table. "Even with the memories of one of them in my head, its' still painfully obvious that I don't understand women."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sami-

"Hey! Jennifer! Wait up!" She grabbed the other girl's shoulder. "Hey... Like, I think we got off on the wrong foot. I didn't know you'd be jealous. I mean, with how Mikey talks about you, I thought I'd be the jealous one." She tossed her hair. "I'm sorry... that was kinda rude of me back there... but there's no reason we can't be friends, is there? Actually... could you help me with something?" She reached into one of the pouches at her waist and brought out some schematics. "I'm making a design for a large Hadron Hypercollider, and I, like, could use some help with the math of it. Mikey's too easily distracted to be much use, especially when he's hungry."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:58 pm 

Jennifer's been scribbling something in a notebook as she walked- her alternate's kind of a challenge sometimes, so she'll have to be clever... She looks up as Samantha approaches.

She stares at the other girl for another moment after she's finished speaking. Now she's just confused... "Why would I be jealous?" Wait- that would imply- "THAT'S what you think? No, no... I'm not jealous. Perhaps a bit disappointed- it looks like I don't need to take Michael's brain apart after all, and I certainly could have used a test subject... " Hmm... test subject... more scribbles in the notebook. This idea, over here- sure, it's not perfect, but it might make a nice patch, buy some time... She realizes Samantha is still standing there. "Oh! Sorry- just thinking." She holds up the notebook, giving Samantha a brief view of the equations. "Ideas... you know how it is. And I don't want to be friends or help you. You irritate me." She looked up at Samantha, her eyes not focusing for a moment. "...you wouldn't be sane, by any chance, would you? That might explain it. Sane people trying to play Mad-caliber scientists usually irritate me. Well, unless they succeed. Then it's impressive." Back to the equations. "I don't know why you'd be jealous, either, though. It's not like Michael and I even get along...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:56 pm 

-Sami-

She scowled and turned away. "Oh, I get it... you're one of 'Those Girls'." She knew the type. They were the "Waaay too much work for what a boy gets" type. The type that was never able to just be honest about their feelings, but had to make a huge production about it. She should have seen it right off. "Fine then, be that way. I thought you'd be a good friend, but you're pretty much a bitch. Oh, and nice outfit." Sami folded up her schematics and put them back in her pouch where they belonged. "I think, like, that I get it now. You're interested in something but too thick-headed and aloof to admit you want it. Then when someone else moves in on it you get intimidated and back off and jealously sulk, although you'd never admit it. There's a word for people who act like you!" She turned and started walking away. "Anyway, stay away from Mikey, you Tsundere. He doesn't deserve to be broken anymore than he already is."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David and Company-

David began mounting the fake skin over his robot arm... ideally, it would blend in like a real human arm, which was essential for the costume. "Are you sure about this? This outfit seems kinda... showy for a Mad Science Party."

Lady Drezebel giggled, pulling on her coat. "Are you kidding? We'll be the life of the party with this theme! Too bad we won't really be able to stay in character, though..."

Richard rolled his eyes as he patted his lady's shoulder. "Poor us."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:14 pm 

"Wait." Jennifer calmly reached out and grabbed Samantha by the back of the neck, her other hand tucking the notebook into a pocket. "You know, I *told* you we couldn't be friends- was it really that difficult to believe? And don't worry- after tonight I'm never going to even SEE your precious Mikey again, let alone talk to him or anything. But I think you might be wrong about how broken he deserves to be... although I guess it doesn't really matter- you wouldn't believe me. Be careful, though. If you *are* wrong..." Jennifer paused. Normally she wouldn't say anything, but right now, well... "If you *are* wrong, you'll probably be the first one he kills." She released the girl. "Have fun at the party. And warn Michael the girl in the Bugs costume might try to hurt him if he's not careful."

She released Samantha, taking out her notebook again. Hmmm... the pockets themselves could be quite useful...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:58 pm 

-Sami and Yami Michael-

Her lower lip quivered... "Geeze, that backfired..." She sniffled. She wasn't exactly in the best of moods.

Then Michael approached, with the punch. "Hello Sami..."

She growled at him. "Back off, you scum bag! Ugh, I cannot believe I actually went to a party with you!" She shoved him away, getting punch splashed all over him.

Michael blinked as she started walking away, wiping some of the chemicaled-liquid off his face. "Um, er...uh... I... have no idea what just happened here... she wanted to go to the party with ME, but she seemed more interested in JENNIFER... and then..." He put two and two together, and came up with five. "...ok, either some teenage horemones are working in overdrive to affect my mental impulses, or I'm coming to the wrong conclusion. More thought on that later." He partitioned that section of his brain off. "First things first... figure out why the frig Jennifer's acting so weird, and, uh, determine whether or not I can exploit it for later use against her... right..." he added the last part as an afterthought, chasing after Jennifer, who suddenly found herself standing at the exit of the party, which had suddenly become a wall.

Michael put a hand on her shoulder from behind. "Hey. It's unlike you to gloat over your little Inner Jennifer victory, you know." He pressed a button on his Millennium rod, making the hallucinatory wall drop. "Are you sure you're feeling ok? Usually your infantile gloating doesn't involve so much storming off. I can't help but be concerned. I AM your friend, Jennifer, even if you forced me into it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sami, Outside the warehouse hiding M-

She sniffled a bit, on the verge of tears. "I...I... I can't believe it didn't work!"

Someone lit a cigarette, still in HIS costume... he was choosing to spend the evening dressed as Primary Xerox. "I coulda told ya, kid." He snorted. "You can't push two people together by trying to wedge them apart. It doesn't work like that." He exhaled some smoke, leaning against the wall.

Sami rubbed her eyes. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why?" He took another drag from the smoking stick in his hands. "Because you would have groused and complained about how I didn't trust you, and I don't like whiners. Every agent gets into this business with hellfire spurs on, thinking they can straddle the heavens. 's a humbling job we got." He tilted the brim of his hat. Even if he WAS wearing his Xerox costume, he was never without his hat. "Don't worry about security. I set it up. the only way anyone can overhear us is if they're within natural hearing distance anyway." He let a jet of smoke pour out of his mouth. "We'll pull out for now... observe the two subjects some more, and make a better plan for this another day. Or a less risky one, anyhow."

Two figures crept away out of the darkness...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:55 pm 

Jennifer glances vacantly at Michael for a moment before returning to her notebook. She's already half-disassembled one of the pockets- she can put that hyperbattery to *much* better use...

"Of course I'm feeling alright. I'm feeling quite excellent, as a matter of fact." She already HAS all the theory, even a test... she just hasn't done the final run yet. It's so simple... "And you don't need to feel concerned about me. Now, if you'll excuse me- there's in idea I have that really should have been executed ages ago. Bye." She strides out the door. M's break room is close- she can work quickly- it will only take maybe an hour or two to finish... Taking apart a death ray as she walks- Pity she never figured out how to fix him, but then, perhaps she's wrong... although it's irritating. Failure is always irritating. At least this way she'll get to test her theory, after all- but large scale shouldn't be any different than small scale... it should work...

~In a slightly sillier corner of the party~

"I am NOT putting on that @#$& costume! I am NOT going to be Wile E. #$& Coyote!"

"Aww... come on Rose... please?"

"Hrah hrah hrah?"

"See! Charon likes it! And it's got explosives and stuff in the pockets-"

"I #@$& HATE EXPLOSIVES! GO AWAY!"

"But it would look soo good on you! I even made it so the ears and tail go over your ears and tail! Just try it on..."

"NO!"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:58 am 
Hyperkeeper

Far back, in a corner of the great cave, three teenage girls appeared in a repressed gleam of light.

The first was wearing an elegantly cut black dress with gold stripes on the front and back. A faux-fur collar attached to the dress, giving it a regal air. With a set of gold wings strapped to her back, a jeweled tiara, and a pair of stylish antennae in her perfectly coiffed blond hair, the costumed girl projected a strong sense of elegance. Long gloves, a gold scepter, and the trademark high-heeled boots finished the costume. She smirked as she looked around the room.

The second girl was wearing what seemed to be two different costumes, fused together. On her right half, the costume was a classic Halloween female pirate costume: Large hat, bodice, generally short skirt. Her auburn hair dramatically spilled out from beneath the hat.
On the other half, the costume was a nonreflective, dark-colored suit that covered her entire body, leaving just a slit for her eyes. Her black hair was tied into a simple ponytail.
The strange thing was, the boundary between the two costumes seemed to shift; one moment, it was equal, and the next almost all pirate, or almost all ninja. Sometimes, it even went all the way for a little while.
Half of her grinned as she looked around the room, and half looked with a determined expression.

The third girl... her outfit took more description. A lot more. 'A superhero suit' was the basic idea, but beyond that, the actual costume had been jazzed up significantly.
The girl's super suit was in varying colors of electric blue, lightning yellow, and black, in a jagged nonpattern that seemed to change moment to moment. The letters TG glowed on her chest, and her blue hair projected, in spikes, out in every direction. Her gloves were bright blue, and her boots were shining yellow. Glossy black goggles hid her eyes from view. Occasionally, an arc of electricity would crawl over her body.
She gazed around the room in awe.

After their first view, the three took a few seconds, looking around for clues to where they were.

Helen Gamma was the first to figure it out. She focused on the woman in the witch costume.

"Hey, I've seen photos of!... ... ... ... ...oh."

"What?"

"That's my mom. When she was younger.
I think we're in the past."

Gasps and "you're kidding!"s from the other two girls. Helen grinned and pointed out the woman next to her, in the Gypsy costume.

"Aaand there's yours."

Marie looked on. Samantha smirked.

"Hey, I remember this," Helen mused. "This is that party we saw the video of! You know the one where..."

"--oh!" said Marie. "That party? Wow, I don't think we've even been born yet!"

"Whoa. It's even neater than I heard..." mused Samantha.

After a pause, Helen looked at the other two. Something in her gaze seemed to convey the impression that she was ready for a little mischief.

"Saaaaay... it would be impolite if we didn't introduce ourselves."

"Are you thinking....?"

"Mm-hmm! Let's do it!"

As Helen slipped through the party crowds, to where Jane was watching a group of people being scared by a hologram of an eldritch horror, Marie smoothly came up next to Chic. At the same time, Samantha appeared close to Jess. Then, on a nod, all three spoke in unison.

"Oh, hi Mom!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:58 am 

-Yami Michael-

He scowled. Sami wasn't around for him to get angry at, so he had no idea what else to do aside from chase after Jennifer. She deserved it too, after all the times she'd followed him around, bothering him. "Oh she is NOT just going to brush me off like that." He ran after her, grabbing one arm and holding onto her wrist tightly, pulling her around. Eyes met eyes. "What is up with you?" he growled. "You're acting much more annoying than usual, and you're not even doing anything... If you're got a problem with something, you should just say it! STOP BEING SO REMOTE!"

Suddenly, Michael felt an arm on his back, and...

-In a beaten up truck, driving away from M-

"Now listen." Jack made a right turn at a red light. "There are a few types of people in the world as I see it... and even in Mads, this is true... one'a them's Fire. People who are passionate and emotional, strong-willed and intense. That Michael kid is definitely one of them, even if he is more of a controlled blaze rather than an inferno." he rolled down the window of his truck and spit out of it, expelling some phlegm from his mouth. "Another's Ice. Cold, logical, and oftentimes slow to change. Jennifer's that sort. An' those two types, they WORK together, sometimes, but to sooth intense flames Ice needs to melt and to get Ice moving Fire needs to be close to it. See, that's the reason that was a stupid plan. Pushing ice and fire apart just makes fire burn until there's nothing left to consume, and makes ice freeze harder in in a cold and chilly world. So-"

"But wouldn't ice melting put out fire anyway?" Sami folded her arms, looking out the window. She was still sniffling a bit. Matchmaking was hard, and she wasn't really sure she could manage it. And she didn't like failing. It made her cry.

"IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A PERFECT METAPHOR, kid! Anyways... all I'm saying is that by pushing them apart you only made Jennifer get colder. Instead of giving her competition, a wiser course of action would have been to throw something at her that her logical brain couldn't necessarily process on it's own..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Yami Michael and Jennifer-

Michael started falling forward, towards Jennifer. Surprisingly enough, Jennifer was falling forward too. He vaguely caught sight of the hem of a black dress moving past, behind Jennifer, and then-

Lips met lips.

Michael blinked for a moment, not entirely sure how to react or what to do. Certain baser instincts were telling him to get closer, while others were telling him to pull away. A deep blush swept across someone's face. He wasn't sure if it was his or hers.

Only one thing was clear in his mind at the moment: Someone, at some later date, was going to die for this...

Probably him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David and Company, conveniently out of earshot of everyone else-

"Hey, Lady D?" David looked down at her. "Why do you think that Xerox-in-a-hat paid us both five dollars to shove the first two people we saw on the halls on the way to the room with the party?" His wig itched, so he scratched it a bit.

"No idea." Lady Drezebel pulled up her black dress. "He said something about "Damage Control" or something crazy like that. Don't know, don't care. You know what is interesting? Five bucks!" She tucked her shiny new five dollar bill in purse. "Ooo... Hey! A set of bathrooms! Let's go over there and put on the last bits of our costumes so we can delay the big reveal for another post!"

David blinked. "Wait, what did you just say?"

"I said: Let's go over there and put on the last bits of our costumes."

"Oh, ok." David followed Richard and Lady Drezebel towards the bathrooms.

-Jack and Sami-

Jack grinned at a thought he had been having. "Heh heh heh."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:24 am 

Jennifer stares at Michael, startled. What just- he-

She punches him. "What do you think you're DOING?!"

Glares- what on earth? That jerk... "I-I..." She falters, trying to remember what had happened before he- "And to answer your previous question- Your girlfriend made it quite plain she doesn't want me anywhere near you. I see no reason not to respect her wishes. Now, if you'll excuse me, there's something I have to finish." Still blushing, she scoops up her notebook from where she dropped it, scowling. Stupid Michael... jerk...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:54 am 

-Yami Michael-

He glared at Jennifer, scowling. "I don't have a girlfriend. I went on one date with a crazy woman who might have been more attracted to you than she was to me." He turned, clenching a fist. He was quite done with all this tomfoolery. "If you knew half as much about me as you thought you did, you would know I only accompanied her tonight because she actually asked." He paused. "But... you don't know anything about me, do you..." He started to walk off back towards the party. "Goodbye, Jennifer. We probably won't speak again until I'm done beating that game you challenged me to."

He'd stop by the party, say hello to Frederic, and then leave. He had allowed himself to be distracted by petty social issues long enough. This time, the world wasn't ending, there wasn't an evil nanite colony that was taking over, and he was actually going to cause some evil.

There would be no more distractions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The Party-

"Attention! Attention! May I have your attention, please!" An announcer in a formal outfit cried out over the party music, causing heads to turn. "May I introduce three of the Greats of Science... men and a woman you all owe a great deal to, returning from beyond the aether between life and death to grace you with their presence this halloween night! I give you all... Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, and Marie Curie!"

On cue, a red carpet rolled out down the center of the party room, and the announcer's ink began to run out, making him dissipate. A smaller, cartoonishly dressed man wandered ahead scattering cherry blossom petals on the ground in front of them as David Toboz, Richard Toboz, and Lady Drezebel walked in, stepping only on the red carpet and waving to the people around them.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:15 pm 

Jennifer watches Michael go not speaking, then turns, walking to M's break room. He wouldn't listen if he spoke, anyway.

In ten seconds, the microwave is in pieces- she learned from an expert. Maybe she doesn't know Michael that well, but she knows that at least one- two, depending on how you count- parts of his statement were wrong.

This piece goes here, plug this in here- it has to be small enough to carry, after all. Her logic was perfectly reasonable given the data she had- another wrong statement on his part.

The blender is disassembled, part of it reassembled and attached. Part of understanding data is knowing which data won't necessarily be acted upon.

The device slowly takes shape as she constructs- it really is just a bigger version of something she's already built and tested...

No matter how much data she had, she couldn't have known that Samantha wasn't Michael's girlfriend- she knew those things rarely made sense- and given both the girl's and Michael's behavior, along with the girl all but stating-

Her reasoning had been perfect. Michael's had been flawed. She starts to program what she's built. Soon, now...

I lean on Crash's gun, munching on a carrot-shaped cookie. "Eyaaaaaah... what's up, doc?" I'm ignoring the three newcomers. It's not weird... it really isn't... I shouldn't let it bother me- it doesn't have anything to do with me...

Archimedes has excused himself from Sparky, and is now sniffling around. He IS supposed to watch out for Jennifer, and something weird happened... he's still trying to figure it out- he missed a bunch. But Jennifer's tone of voice was all wrong when talking to that one girl...

He's not as smart as his dad, but whenever his dad doesn't understand something, he gets more data. Archimedes continues to explore, hoping to find something useful...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:16 pm 

Jess leaves her alternate to mingle, and makes her way to the buffet table. She needs to talk to Xerox about his clueless alternate-now, how best to-
"Oh, Hi Mom!"
She slowly turns....to find a shapeshifting, teenage pirate ninja.
"Oh, no way."
"Way!" The teenager grins.
Jess looks. Time travel, someone playing a prank, or-no, it can't be.
Her expression is calm.
Then-"PRIM! GETCHER TAIL OVER HERE!"
Expression still calm, Jess takes a deep breath. "If this is on the level, you are so in trouble later."
"Um..."

Chic is enjoying herself. She squees with glee when the Gods of Science walk in. What great costumes! Oh, she wishes she could award them the group costume prize right now!
The party is going so well. Everyone's having such a good time! Oh, so far it's not as exciting as last years, but-
"Oh, Hi Mom!"
Chic snaps her head around. And looks at the teenager in front of her.
"...Tesla Girl? Nice outfit. But that's not funny, you know. It's not even remotely beliveable."
"Oh, reeaally? Are you suure?" Marie giggles.
Chic rolls her eyes. "Pa-leeze. I-" She pauses. And-sniff. Whoever this girl is, she's jaeger. And that scent...she's...family?
Chic suddenly grips the back of a chair. Denting it.
She grabs the teenager by her arm, before she can vanish into the crowd. A spark arcs over Marie, and Chic smiles grimly.
"That doesn't even tickle. You're staying right here, missy."
Turning her head, Chic catches her cousin's eye.
"ANDREW!!!"
She doesn't know whether or not to be relieved Wally hasn't made an appearance yet...

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:45 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane scanned the party. Everything was going nicely. Perhaps--

A girl, dressed as a... bee?... sauntered past Jane, turning towards her when she got close.

"Oh, hi Mom!"

Time seemed to slow. The girl was already turning back nonchalantly to continue walking past. Jane began to smirk. Obviously, someone had decided to play a trick on her.... huh?

Jane's mind focused on one little detail: the girl's boots. They looked familiar. One of the heels had a tiny nick in it. Almost no one would notice.

Jane did. Her boots had gotten an identical-looking nick in the Neverborn lair, a short time ago.
They were the same pair.

That narrowed a few things down. She didn't have a daughter (yet). And this probably wasn't a joke. Which meant...

Jane breathed in, then yelled,

"Get back here, young lady, or I'll remember to ground you for a month!"

The girl stopped, gulped, and turned around. Jane felt her grin come back full force.
Now she'd get some answers...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:23 am 

The two Primary Xerox's froze, fist still in mid pummel. They glanced at each other, and nodded in agreement, each helping each other up, dusting off, and calmly parting- or, in Xerox's case, darting off hurriedly.

He screeched to a halt in front of his wife, and... huh. Ooooo-kaaaay.
"Okay, what's up with Missy McNinja?"

"Hi Daddy!"

"... Oh come on. Really? I mean, really?" he demanded of the air, looking up at the ceiling and apparently cursing in yiddish for a bit untill Jess put her hand on his shoulder, coughing a little.

"Sorry, sorry, I just *really* thought I'd have at least half a year before this kind of shenanigans happe... wait, does this mean we *can* have kids? Assuming this is time travel or a universe close enough. Remind me to set aside a 9 month vacation from active duties sometime in the next five years of so" he took a deep breath, crossing his arms. Luckily they were in M, so it was possible to figure this out...

"First things first- the Xerox time Travel Code. It;s been an institution in the family for a generations. Mind you, it;s the same code for about ten Alt. Universes outwards from ours, so it only narrows it down-"

"F33X2990-Сталин был Франкфуртер."

"...so much." he finished lamely, rubbing his temple as Jess gave him a *look*, sorting.

"Wait, 'Stalin was a weenie?' Really?"

"In our defense, he never *did* pay Grampy back those five rubles."

Andrew turned at Chic's call, pushing his glasses up a little. Why did his cousin have a teenage girl in a lock? Wait- a Lightning Motif? A glance around the room denoted two other unfamiliar young girls, one of whom was talking to Jess and Xerox... oh, Dear.

"...Did I go further in the past than I thought I did?"

"No, dear, It's just a very close resemblance. Honestly, I was expecting this sort of thing to wait until Xerox and Jess had been married for at least half a year or so." he said calmly, sipping his punch. Chic gaped at him, getting a better grip.

"How can you be so calm about this?!"

"It;s pretty common. Mind, she could be from a functionally near-identical universe. M has a lot of problems with that. But the again, I met Mom adn Dad circa COllege era when I was 8 or so..."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next