Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars: A Halloween Party II
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:06 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

-Sarcastic-

She looked down at the buffet table. "Chic? Do you still want the whipped cream if it's developed into an amorphous blob which is attempting to eat other guests?" She watched as the whipped cream wrapped tentacle-like appendages around Cleese, attempting to absorb it. "Where is my boss, anyways? Doesn't he usually fight things like this?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Lady Drezebel and Richard-

Richard sighed. "Why did I come to this thing again... I barely know anyone, and these parties are usually just filled with tomfoolery and aggravation."

Lady Drezebel's arms were wrapped around his chest. "Aw... I wanted to come..."

He smiled back at her. "Than I suppose the evening wasn't wasted, my love." Somewhere nearby, David cringed, as if someone had just dropped an ice cube down his back.

Lady Drezebel practically purred in his ear. "Wanna sneak off and make out in a closet somewhere?"

"Mmm... but of course... as long as we can guarentee no one will walk in on us..."

"We're dressed as Albert Einstein and Marie Curie... even if they DID they'd probably be walking away from it scarred for life."

The two of them walked off.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:24 pm 

"Pumpkin pie!" The tiny portal can wait... pie! I grab my wrench and smack the whipped cream a few times. That doesn't do much... Beating it with the punch ladle does, though. I grab some and bring it over to Miss Chicgeek. "Pie? Oooh... the pumpkin has a face!"

Crash has followed me over. "Miss... Chicgeek? Emily Viktor?" He waves. "Hi. I'm Crash. I'm related to Bugs Bunny over here."

"Do I get pie? I brought the whipped cream..." Mmm... it smells really good, too...

Tufty's watching the robot girl. Funny... does she not know how to do appropriate facial movement? She has before, so she must... More observation is necessary. And now she's talking to the guard-robot of Michael's... interesting... Observing the conversation would be good...

The squirrel runs across the floor, scampering onto a nearby table to observe. And eat another cookie. The cookies here are good.

Jennifer sits in the corner, scowling at her notebook. Why can't she think of anything suitable for revenge?! This should be so easy... Grumble grumble grumble grumble... Phobia is still out, so's paranoia... maybe just tentatively? Grr... what would be proper? A death trap, really, but it's the middle of a party... perhaps a song of her own...

Rose sighs. Is that Charon on the stage with the singing blob? She should probably do something about that... She hopes Prim will take care of his business soon so she can leave. Hmm... Charon doesn't seem to be in any danger, so maybe she could leave him for a little while...

As soon as she moves away from the corner, that stupid Jen-Jen will probably try sneaking up behind her and yelling 'Beep beep!' to see her jump. Not that she *would* -especially not after all the times that idiotic Maria's tried something similar- but it's still annoying. Hmph. Jen-Jen's still cheerfully talking to Freddy and his mirror. Not quite as annoying as his father, but still. And Jen-Jen seems to want to be friends with him, or something moronic like that... Grrrr. Everyone is so annoying.

She hopes Tinker isn't here. He always tries to talk to her and be cheerful and friendly and she already *knows* he's a Madman so she doesn't know why he bothers. She'll fix everything someday... but for now work has to be on hold to be at this stupid party...

She folds her arms, glaring at the room. And the Wile E. Coyote costume is just dumb. She hates Looney Toons and costumes and how he's always failing. Halloween's just irritating in general...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Herr cocked his head at David and stood up. "Well, I'm a bit of a biologist. More of a doctor really, but the 'k' sound has biology implied. What do you need looked at?" Behind him,Greg made a 'pfft' noise. Herr turned around and slapped Greg. "Ouch! What'd you do that for?" Herr rolled his eyes and turned back to Andrew and David. "and David? I was glad to help."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:19 pm 

Janitor was dressed similarly to how she normally did - clean white blouse, dark jeans. There was something different about her tonight, though. Maybe it was in the way she held herself tall and unworried, or simply the fact that her hair seemed to have grown long enough for her to put it in a tight bun. She wore a pair of red star earrings as well, and a pair of black-framed, rectangular glasses.

Outwardly, Janitor radiated calm. Inwardly, she was keeping an eye on everyone, but especially Ariel. If I had a spidey sense she'd be setting it off right now, she thought, wandering over to watch the losing pumpkin get turned into pie. But I guess I'll have to settle for other methods of inquiry. Heh.

Oh man, this is so much more fun than I thought it'd be!

"Great party, Chic!" Janitor called. "Could I have a piece of pie too?"

"It sure is, my little echinoid. It sure is."
"No. I mean, literally. That's fictional."
"Whatever."
~ Friendly Hostility

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:39 pm 

-Someplace idyllic-

"Are you sure about this? I mean, there are no laws prohibiting it tonight, but many who pass on choose to sever their connections to the world. Most... prefer it."

"Heehee... it's ok. Just... make sure he doesn't notice me, alright? I don't want my little-big brother to cry tonight."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-At the party, a few moments later-

David paused. "Sorry Andrew... I need to use the restroom. I'll be right back..." He turned and walked away.

The second he entered the bathroom, the lights in the party flickered and then shut off.

Suddenly, a strange music began playing on the music system.

(Note: The music video itself is really weird and I guarentee that no one here would probably understand it (I don't!) but nonetheless, open in a new tab and listen to the music)

A spotlight flickered on at the center stage. A pink spotlight. For a brief moment, anyone looking at it felt strangely at peace, the light calling their minds back to the most happy moments of their lives, whatever they were.

Then, standing there as if she had always been there, in the center of the spotlight, was a girl. She was translucent, as if her body possessed no matter of it's own, and she posed, her tail and wings twitching. She bowed to the crowd and smiled as the lights came back on. "Hello! My name is Raspberyl, the delinquent demon! It's a pleasure to meet all of you!"

Sarah Toboz giggled as she dismounted the stage. Being theatrical really did seem to run in her family.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:10 pm 

Chic waves JaneTor on over. "Sure you can! And Claire beat the whipped cream into submission if you want some."
She takes in JaneTor's appearance. "So, are you protraying a character, or trying out a new look? Just curious!" Chic smiles as she hands her a slice of pie. It's been a great party so far.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:20 am 
Hyperkeeper

The door opened, dramatically.

A crowd of empty suits walked into the room, each looking identical as the others; nothing could be seen, save for the suit, shirt, and tie.
The suits kept coming, forming a platoon, a regiment. Then, all spoke in unison.

"We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us."

The group of suits blurred, and shrunk down to simply one, who joined the crowd.
SoItBegins had arrived.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:19 pm 

Andrew checked around to make sure that David was still gone- he would find him again, and hopefully they could continue to have a lovely evening together. But, if his guess was correct, and the newest entrance to the party was who he *thought* it was... he had something of a *bone* to pick with him.

Tackling? Too unsophisticated. Pie to the face? Prior experience had proven this to be an unstable form of vengeance. Destroy his petunias? He was... fairly sure he diddn't have any petunias anymore. Damn. Unless.... a-ha! That was right. he slipped hsi notebook out, furrowing his brow as he tried to remember properly... he could swear it was harder to remember those old days as time went on. He couldn't remember much detail, and some of it always seemed to *shift*. But that was the kind of thing he'd had to learn to ignore...

As he wrote carefully, something began to *form* near So It Begins... it was robotic, and clumsily made- by someone who wasn't very *good* at robots. In truth, made only to pass a class. It looked like... a gopher*?

Andrew snickered quietly to himself as the clumsy little robot launched at So It begins. It;d been collage, and in a fit of pettiness he'd programmed it for only one purpose: Scare the hell out of So It Begins. Ah, those were simpler times...

(*The Robotic Gopher was a device sent to harass So It Begins back in the dark days. if you remember, true believers!)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:01 pm 

Another partygoer strides through the door. She's wearing snug slacks, boots, a sleeveless, vest type top. Metal bands encircle her biceps, and a truly impressive pair of swords are in a harness rig at her back. She's wearing a headband with a simple stylised face. If one looks carefully, you can see it change its expression to match her own.
At the moment it's a pleased smirk.
AltChic, a.k.a. Francine, has finally turned as jaeger as her alternate. And has decided on a costume that makes good use of her long green hair.
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20041027
Zeetha has entered the building.

Jeffe is taking it all in. What a party! And so many familar faces...that she's never met. It was...interesting talking to her alternate. Nah, 'weird' is a better term. At least Xxxy has quit fighting his alternate.
She smiles, just a little. Silly man. He's always so exhuberant! Although others would perhaps phrase that less politely. Jeffe absently pours herself punch, intending to fade back into the background and watch.
And turns, to find herself facing Primary Xerox.
She colors slightly. "Oh! Um...hi. Sorry we missed the wedding."
What do you say to the double of your, um... Xxxy's alternate?
"Nice party." She flounders. God, could she sound more inane? Her other self isn't shy! Why is she cursed with it?

Xxxy feels a tap on his shoulder, and whirls around. To see Jess, standing tall and smirking. "So, you're the guy I've heard so much about."
"It's all true-unless it isn't." Xxxy replies with a bit of swagger.
"Heh. I see why she likes you."
"..Wha?" He's momentarily caught off guard.
"Tell me-is it mutual? If it is, you need to get your rear in gear." Jess affects an air of casual curiosity.
Before he can formulate a response, Jess continues. "Hey, gotta go mingle-oh, speaking of mingling-see the pirate ninja over there? She's claiming to be my and Prim's daughter from the future. And that girl with her is Chic's, and the one over there is Narbon's. Ta!"
Jess saunters off, leaving Xxxy with a glazed look on his face.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:49 pm 

"Haha, whipped whipped cream does sound good," Janitor replied, taking the plate. "As for the costume, just call me Ms. Diana Prince," she added. She made a deep bow, her right arm flinging the pie plate into the air. There was a flash of gold, and the plate was back in Janitor's hand. The other hand tucked the end of what looked to be a golden rope back into her pocket.

Unfortunately, the trick was not completely successful - the plate was safe, but the slice of pie itself hung dramatically in midair for a moment, then fell squarely onto Jennifer's head.

Janitor winced. "Whoops! I probably needed a few more hours of practice before taking that act out of the warehouse. Eheh. So, how're things going so far?"

"It sure is, my little echinoid. It sure is."
"No. I mean, literally. That's fictional."
"Whatever."
~ Friendly Hostility

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:39 pm 

Xerox smiled, holding out his hand. Heh. It was funny... it was *like* Jess, but half of the body signals were almost *eaxtly* backwards. Slight tendency to slouch, less direct eye contact... and she looked... shy? Oh, brother. No *wonder* X-head was having trouble. He was terrified of startling her, he bet.

"Don't worry about it- I heard him call you Jefe, right? or is that one of his nicknames? Funny he calls you 'boss', though. Terms of respect are usually reserved for Herr Diktator over there." he said, nodding towards 'Lord Vetinari' against the wall. Funny, how one of two dimensions *mos* powerful men could suddenly blend into a crowd when he wanted to...

Xxxy paused, before swallowing what few scraps of pride he claimed to still own.

"Wait! Hold on- wait!" he called out, scurrying to catch up with Jess. He managed to stop in front of her, a slightly panicked look flashing over him in the face of Jess' bemused smile.

"I keep trying to tell her how I feel, and then I choke. If I don't tell her soon, I know I'm going to loose her. I'm not like Primary! *He* was trained to *think*! I... was trained to shoot things. Which really isn't going to work here. Help me. Please?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:30 pm 

Jennifer blinks. There is pie on her head. Someone has attacked her with pie.

In one fluid movement, she stuffs the notebook in her pocket, stands up, and hurls a pecan pie into JanetTor's face, and a lemon meringue into Chicgeek's. Stupid people throwing pie at her. Annoying. Although at least she now has an idea of what to do to Michael...

As I'm munching on pie, Jennifer tugs on my arm. "Hey. These costumes you made are pretty good."

I blink. "R-really? You really think so? You seemed so angry before-"

"Wellll... I actually want you to be going to make one more. I'm still kind of annoyed about being Daffy Duck, though. But the hyperspace pockets are nice."

Wow... I know Jennifer wouldn't lie about something like that, even if she DOES want me to make another costume for her. She actually likes them! She thinks something I made is nice! "Sure I'll make another one! Who?"

She whispers into my ear for a moment, then glances at Miss Chicgeek. Oh, she did throw that pie, didn't she... I hope it doesn't end badly.

Wait, she wants a costume for- THAT costume for- I giggle. "Ok! No problem! It's in the break room, in the microwave... um..." At my hesitation, Jennifer tells me the current space-time coordinates. "Ok, now."

"Thanks, Claire!" Jennifer hurries off, away from Miss Chicgeek and Miss Janet. Whee! I like Halloween!

Charon and Cleese are standing on a table eating cookies. "Hrah hrah. Hrah hrah hrah?"

"Nom nom nomnom nom."

"Hrah?"

"Nom nom..."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:47 pm 

-David and Sarah-

Andrew suddenly felt arms wrapping around him from behind. Someone was hugging him. "Thank you for being kind to him." Someone said softly so he could just hear it, and then let go of him and walked off. "Raspberyl" had decided to try the punch... it looked tasty!

Granted, she WAS a ghost, so she'd have to find someone willing to let her borrow their body for a few minutes, but still... she found a cute kitty dressed up in a rabbit costume and tugged on her cute fluffy sewn-on tail. Sarah, still in her Raspberyl outfit, looked up at Claire. "M-miss? Can I pwease borrow your body for a few minutes?"

David eventually finished up in the bathroom and made his exit. He looked around. "Andrew?" he couldn't find him in the crowd... there were so many people around there. "Huh... maybe he's over near the stage? I'll look over there..." he began wandering over in that direction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarcastic-

She had jsut found some fairly normal looking chips and scraped some salsa on one, lifting it up to her mouth... and then no one was looking at her, the teleporter kicked in, and she vanished. Khan appeared, a bowl of candy balancing on his head and a paw stepping a salsa-covered chip that someone had apparently dropped. "Oh great... I just cleaned that paw, too..."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:56 pm 

I turn. Oh, look, it's a cute little incorporeal demon! Wow, just from hell, too... And must be pretty young not to be able to go solid. Gah, I wish it was easier to see the shiny... I feel like something's off-

Nah, probably not important. "Sure you can! Just don't get me in TOO much trouble, ok? I've got some unusual stuff going on and I don't want Lady Morningstar to be annoyed with you." I twitch on of my ears back and forth. "And not too long, ok? You can borrow it again later if you need to, as long as you behave when you have it."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:22 pm 

Jeffe smiles tenitively, and takes Xerox's entended hand. "It's Jeffe. Rox-, Um, Xxxy's full of nicknames." So alike and yet so different...This one's so cool and self posessed, but Roxie has a more irrepressible smile. No, make that grin.
"Can I ask you something?" Jeffe says abruptly. God knows when she'll be back in the posiverse, since now the link's gone..
"Sure." Xerox nods, and waits.
"I know Jess and I aren't the same people, despite having a freaky amount of stuff in common, we think it's more sibling than doppleganger..." She takes a breath. "But if you're like him as much as I think, you're an allright guy. So, I'll presume on limited aqquaintance. I...it's none of my business, really, but I'm curious. You and Jess-she didn't join Think-, Um, M department. You each went your own ways after you met. For a long time. How did..." Jeffe hestiates, then plunges on bravely. "How did you know? And when? And you don't have to answer that, it's nosey." Jeffe makes herself meet his eyes. He probably won't answer, but she thinks he'll overlook her being so, well, pushy.
He is married to her alternate, after all...

Excellent reflexes enable Chic to dodge the lemon meringue. Ignoring the 'splat!' as it carreens into some less dextrous unfortunate behind her. Lips set in a thin line, she stalks over to where Jennifer is whispering to Claire. Chic taps her on the shoulder, prompting her to turn.
"This is a party, not a high school cafeteria. No food fights. More importantly, this is MY party-and it is the height of gaucherie to lob foodstuffs at the hostess. Capiche?"
Claire looks nervous. Before she can say anything, Chic continues. "No, I did not drop pie on your head. Another guest did, accidentally. Yes, I made a pie, zapping the losing jack o' lantern with a heat ray. But you know what?" Chic grins. "It's my party, and I'll fry if I want to."

Jess softens a bit a Xxxy's obvious distress. He's so much like Prim...and his panic's kind of cute. "Okay, fair enough. I'll help you. First, the good news-she cares. Bad news-she has no idea if you do or not. But hey! Words mess you up? Why don't you just kiss her? That'd get the idea across."
"k...kiss her?" He's looking panicy again.
Jess sighs. "You don't need a lot of flowery words. It can be short. Just...okay, rule one. Be serious. You don't want what you say to be possibly interpreted as a joke, right?"
Xxxy nods.
"There's lots of music tonight-and we can request whatever you like. So-let's get you and her on the dance floor. Closest thing to privacy in a crowd there is. How's that sound?"
He starts to open his mouth, and Jess cuts him off. "Don't say you can't dance. Anybody can slow dance. And just two words are enough. 'Love you.' Spit it out fast. Whisper, even. Sound like a plan so far?"

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:15 pm 

Xerox considered the question, taking a long drink from his hip flask- like hell he was drinking the punch as a social gathering like *this*. Besides, Cutename'd given him is own Pocket-Dimension tank that connected to the flask as a wedding present. When had he known? Well...

"I fell in love with her when we first met. For just a moment, we sat and talked a bit... and she got me, good. But I was on mission, and I let her get away. Then just this year or so, she waltzed back into my life, and shanghaied me into going to dinner with her. I guess, really, I always knew... but if she hadn't gone after me, i don't know if I would have had the courage to do anything about it." he said, smiling a little to himself, before shrugging a little.

"Me and Xxxy... we're both completely socially inept, in basically opposite ways. Make of it what you will- but I think you have less to worry about than you think you do." he said casually, inwardly rolling his eyes. Poor Xxxy. The world bastard friend, but to someone he *really* cares about...? Tough luck.

Xxxy himself looked slightly panicked, all but wringing his hands.
"You don't know what kind of luck I have. There are guys named Bozo who don't have as much humorous physical pratfalls as I do, and it gets worse the more... *important* it is." he explained, holding up a hand.

"Watch. I will walk over there, and kiss her." he said, and strode out confidently- *just* as Chic dodged the Lemon Merangue, which hit him dead on. He very calmly removed it and tossed it aside, taking out an over sized handkerchief to wipe his face off with.

"See what I mean? But I have to try. the dancing could work- yhe less it involves *speaking*, the better I generally do. Maybe..." he paused, and glanced down at his shirt.

"...The Firefly Theme. Good excuse to dance, that."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:53 pm 

Jennifer blinks. "Um... Miss Viktor, right? I'm sorry about the pie... it was an accident. The pie-throwing is rather reflex at this point for me. I'll try not to let it happen again."

I'm confused. Why is she- oh, right. I bet she wants to do the costume thing before she gets distracted or something. Although did she really say NO throwing food? Aww... not even cookies or anything? That's disappointing...

Jennifer smiles at Miss Chicgeek, then hurries off toward the break room. "Sorry about Jennifer, Miss Chicgeek. She gets hit with pie a lot..."

Jennifer, in the break room, pulls the new costume out of the microwave. Oh, perfect! Constructing as she thinks- it's only a little thing, she can build it quickly... Now, for the appropriate delivery... hmm...

This is tough. Well, she'll just go with something simple. Her old costume would be more appropriate... As far as Michael's costume, the easiest way to get someone into a costume is to make them put it on...

Drat. That's slightly more complicated. If her stuff HADN'T been teleported everywhere- sigh. Teleporter- back to base, grab what she needs (and a few extra supplies) pause while the teleporter recharges-

Back at M, Jennifer-her Daffy Duck costume turned temporarily invisible to reveal the Thern Princess costume she was wearing originally- walks out into the party once more. Michael suddenly finds himself frozen, unable to move. Whispering in his ear- "Your singing isn't THAT great... " She hands Michael the costume, forcing him to follow her to the stage. It isn't really mind-control- it only affects his lower nervous system, after all. But it's probably still pretty irritating.

Jennifer tells Mithril Jack which song to play, then takes the stage as the music plays. As she sings, Michael is changing into his new costume... (I couldn't find a link for the song, unfortunately... but I had enough trouble finding a good one that I'm going to use this song anyway.

I've come here from a distant place to stare at each and every face
Of you, the trite and commonplace who watch my every move
I stand before you on this stage to dip my quill and script a page
Of history, outside the cage that I've prepared for you

You want to know what is it I do to command your ear and eye?

Well I have the power
Over what you do
Contained within my show tonight are all your dreams come true

Now I come from a lengthy line all highly cultured and refined
A mix of mortal and divine who walked upon the earth
I stand here now to make my mark, like lightning lighting up the dark
(FLASH!)
With cosmic forces that did spark the moment of my birth
(What a moment!)

There's nothing anyone can do, I want to warn each one of you that

I have the power
Over all of you
Contained within this brain of mine are all your dreams... STOP DOING THAT!!! (SORRY!)

Do you have the power? - I believe I have the power!
Are you sure you have the power? - Well I thought I had the power!
And do you deserve the power? - I don't know! But
Give me... give me THE POWER!

But does my power truly enslave you? Untrue!
No special force, or strange ability
What secret magic power do you each possess?
The power of your gullibility!

Oh yes, you have the power
Over what you do
Contained within your pointed little heads are all your dreams come true, true true...

Whoa, whoa, yes you know you do you have the power
A voice, a chance, a choice to pick and choose
With hearts, and minds up your behinds
And megabucks to lose...

Jennifer hops off the stage and solders the zipper on the back of Michael's costume into place before he completes the last task she programmed.

Climbing to the stage in his Porky Pig costume, he waves at the crowd. "Th- Th-Th-Th-Th-That's all, folks."

Jennifer grins, turning the Daffy Duck costume visible again- she likes the Thern Princess costume better, but it's good to fit in with the theme. As for Michael- he might not be controlled anymore, but he's not getting out of that costume now without help and a pretty serious time commitment. And he'll have the stutter for the rest of the night.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:40 am 
Heh heh heh.

After Jennifer had left the stage, she was approached by the reporter, who had been interviewing a number of people.

"Excuse me. I'm Amanda Pierce from the Mad Science Network. Could I talk to you for a moment?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:45 am 

Jennifer smiles at the reporter, amazed. "You want to interview me? Really? Go right ahead!" She looks at the woman eagerly. Perhaps she'll be questioned about exactly how she pulled off that latest stunt... "This is so cool! Nobody ever wants to interview me!"

Crash pulls out one of the spare explosion-firing guns and hands it to Michael, shrugging. "Porky hunted too, right?" Before Michael can stutter a reply- hee!- Crash wanders off. Maybe he should say hi to The Steve... The Steve was the one who suggested he come in the first place and all.

Rose grins. Prim's talking to Jefe's alternate, and Jefe's talking to Prim's alternate. If she remembers correctly, the two alternates are married or something... but it should help, at any rate. Maybe she can leave soon. And get out of this stupid costume. Although Charon does seem to be having fun with that weird red blobby thing.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:23 pm 

-Michael-

His right eye twitched as he slung the explosion-making device over his back, letting it hang there by the shoulder strap. Oh, she'd experience his wrath. She'd experience such terrifying wrath so as to convince her never to trifle with him again. Perhaps he'd craft a device to extract every bone from her body! Or perhaps he'd trap her in a prison universe where all electric energy is siphoned away, stranding her there! Or perhaps he'd-

He watched as Richard and Drezebel walked past, both looking somewhat flushed and the latter with some noticeable smudges on her makeup. And a wicked smile crossed his face.

Following the two of them, he grabbed Drezebel's shoulder and got her attention. "Umm... e-e-excu-excuse me, I h-h-have a r-r-req-reque-request for you..."

-David-

"Ah, Andrew, there you are!" David smiled and stepped forward to meet with him again. "I brought us some punc- oh drat, it ate holes through the cups. Hm... well, I brought us some empty cups with no bottoms, anyways!"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:12 pm 

Fredric stood at the wall of the party, quietly pretending he wasn't sulking. Since he had gotten there, Micheal had been spending the whole time fighting with that Jennifer girl. He knew he was a Villain, so clearly he would have found a mortal enemy eventiually... but already? And he;d kinda hoped it wouldn't have meant he;d stop hanging out with him...

"Hey, Senior whiny pants, what;s wi' the wallflower act?" asked Freddy, nudging him with a boxing glove."

"Whot? Aw, nuthin'. Jus'-"

"Moping over yer damn friend blowing you off t' fight wi' All New Mean Flavored Jen Jen?" Freddy asked, narrowing hsi eyes. He sighed, pulled him off the wall, and sent him flying into Micheal. As Father always said, it was best to just act before the other sucker caught on...

"HEY! Mister Artemis Fowl wannabe- you forgot Eyore here." he called out, taking a cup of punch. Ah, nothing like a good deed to round out your day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:54 pm 

Jeffe turns red at Xerox's 'you don't have as much to worry about as you think' comment. "I...um..." Just what were he and Xxxy talking about? She's afraid to ask.
Tugging at her collar again, fitfully. "And you're serious? If Jess hadn't gone after you...?" She shakes her head. Does that mean she needs to?
She can fake bravado. She did it in Beijing, she's done it on missions. When she's had to.

Jess winks at Xxxy. "You may always leave the little things to me. Let's give it a try." She strides off confidently, and has a word with the musician.
Jess is soon at Xerox's elbow. "Hey, babe, there's music playing. Remember Beijing?" Dance after dance with that bewitching little blonde...
Xerox smiles. Then realizes what's playing. "Hey, that's..."
"So it is." Jeffe is somehow swept along, and face to face with Xxxy.
Jess grins. "Hey, waddaya know-the musician knows the Firefly theme!"
And Jess and Xerox are gone.
"Well.." Jeffe smiles a tiny smile. "Since it's Firefly..."
They slowly step out onto the dance floor. Chic has had her ear whispered in, and tiny sparks-like fireflies-flicker and swirl through the air.
Jeffe takes a deep breath. Can she do this?
"hey, Roxie. I..." Her mouth opens, and no sound comes out.
"Yeah?"
"I..." Jeffe's hands are clammy.
"I l-"
Try again. "I l-like how the outfits came out."
Darn, darn, darn it! Jeffe sighes, and falls silent.

Rolf ambles through the crowd, tommy gun casually over his shoulder. Claire's certainly having a good time. Oh, he does miss the Dejah Thoris outfit-rrow! But she's obviously a lot happier as a wascally wabbit. Hmm...maybe they can work out something together for the next one!
Rolf halts, as he realizes what he just thought. The next one? He has no idea where he'll be next year. He's fallen into such a routine in Xyon...that's dangerous. He's getting used to henching for the Kid, and this crazy city, and...
Claire comes running over, and tackles him.
"I brought you a slice of pie! Miss Chicgeek made it with her zappy gun-isn't it great?"
"...Danke, dollink. Pumpkin?"
"Un huh! Hey, you never explained about pumpkin time!"
Claire changes gears abruptly, seeing Crash-Fudd, and zips off to present him with an exploding bouquet of dynamite.
Leaving Rolf with a slice of pie, and a sour taste in his mouth.
Maybe he will look up Dr. Viktor. Or talk to Steve. He has some thinking to do...

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:14 pm 

Xerox chuckled, letting Jess lead- she was light on her toes, and it was more natural, somehow. Besides, seeing his alternate and h*his* gal trying to work it out made him nostalgic for the old days.

"It;s funny- they both have he same problem."

"Oh?" asked Jess, Swirling him gently- oddly enough, they;d *both* had parents who sent them to learn ballroom dancing. Only in *his* case it was just Mama X's School of Dance, instead of *her* mom's... weirdness.

"Mm-hmm. Both of them can only do their 'Bravado' bit 'on the job'. Or, at least, they can;t do it to each other. Xxxy thinks of his most charming behavior as... not *lying*, but not totally real, either. So he can't use it on her- not for something important. See?"

In the meantime, Xxxy was gathering his courage. it was hard- his alternate had real courage. He had... well, honestly, mostly a very odd way of convincing himself he couldn't fail. And... that wasn't working right now.

"I like how they came out, too." he said, noticing her falter. Oh god! What if she... what if she was working up the courage to break it off?

He took a deep breath- there had to be a way he could do this. Without thinking, he upped the dancing a little more as the song went on, pulling his 'Simon' into his arms and swirling her across the dance floor. He could be surprisingly graceful- something he usually diddn't show.

You can't take the sky from me...

"Jeffe... "

There's no place I can be

He spun the dance to a halt, looking oddly serious and determined, and... a little scared. Worried.

"I love you, Jeffe."

Since I found Serenity

He dipped her gently, and for the first time, they kissed.

You can't take the Sky from me...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:21 am 

Jeffe.
Floating on air. Electrified. All the usual cliches. But cliches are cliches for a reason-they embody universal situations.
ohgodhedoescareohthisisohgod...
Suprising herself, she leans into the kiss, prolonging it.
"Well, damn." Blushing-did she just say that out loud?
"I...um, I was working up to saying it."
Xxxy's grinning. "Working up to saying what?" He can tease her a little, now. Just a little.
Jeffe, very softly-"I love you too."

The music starts winding down-Jess catches the musician's eye, and glares, making a 'come on' motion with her hand.
And the music continues.
"Primrose, we don't go dancing enough." Jess murmurs. "God, you were the prettiest girl in the room. I couldn't take my eyes off you."
"And you didn't even twig that I was the spook you'd just tussled with."
"Oh, shut up and dance."

Meanwhile, Chic is busily whispering to Jane. This doesn't bode well for someone....
Heh.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:45 am 
Heh heh heh.

The reporter, Amanda, looked at Jennifer. Now then. Questions...

On her list of questions to ask was:

• Get basic info: name, etc {I know it already, but can't hurt. That way, I can ask her her age as well... I wonder if she knows that's only newspaper reporters?}
• Ask about membership in Umbra family, what it's like.
• Ask her specialities.
• Ask some sort of follow-up question to the previous one... if speciality is, say, robotics, ask about what she's built, etc.
• More here, TBD by responses.

There were more things written underneath, but she decided to start with those.

"OK, so, what's your name? And what possessed you to dress up like Daffy Duck?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:31 pm 

Jennifer smiled at the reporter. It was so cool that someone wanted to interview her! "Well, my name is Jennifer Umbra. I'm dressed like Daffy Duck because one of my cousins, Claire-" She pointed to where Claire was dropping a stick of dynamite down the back of Crash's shirt. "really wanted to go as Bugs Bunny and she liked the theme enough to make us all costumes. Of course, I didn't know about that, so I made us all Barsoom-themed costumes, and when we realized what happened, we decided to come in as the Barsoomians and then to the costume swap. It's a really great costume, though- look!" Jennifer pulled a 'Claire Season' sign out of one of the now-repaired pockets. "Hammerspace! Isn't that cool?!"

"Sure... How old are you, anyway? And where do you live?"

"Well, I think I'm around 28-ish, but there's been some time-travel stuff... Uncle James- that's the big villain Dr. Nitro, by the way- anyway, he's really sparky and he built a time machine at one point, so I'm not really sure exactly how old I am, but I *think* it's around 28. And I live in Paris, actually, but Uncle James taught my brother how to build simple teleporters, and so then my brother built me one, so I can still come visit and come to Halloween parties and stuff!" She took out her teleporter. "Isn't it nice? Uncle James is *really* smart- well, I'm really smart too, but I don't usually work with teleporters."

"Ok. So what's it like being in the Umbra family?"

"Oh, you know about the family?! Wow! We're famous! I guess a little bit, maybe, ever since Aunt Eliza married Dr. Nitro, him being in the League of Villains and all. It was a pretty big deal! Although most people haven't even heard about that... we're not really that well-known, so it's cool that you've heard of us!" She paused. "Oh, right! The question. Sorry, I get distracted sometimes- voices in the head and all that. It's pretty fun... standard Mad-family stuff, I think. I've had a tail a couple of times, and I know how to build basic death rays and stuff, and I was home-schooled. Oh, and if someone comes up with something REALLY interesting, they'll explain how to make it, so I know a little bit of theory for how to give someone else a tail, for example!"

"Is biology your specialty, then?"

"Oh, no... I do mind-control! It's fun and I can make people do whatever I want them to! All I have to do is get them under control in the first place, then issue the appropriate commands!"

"So what kind of things have you built? And what kind of successful things have you done with mind-controlling someone?"

"Oh, I've built lots of things! Hypno-rays and these nifty little chips about the size of your fingernail that can be put under someone's hair and I'm almost at a breakthrough on something that can be ingested to give me control! I'm thinking I might try making a breakfast cereal or something with it to test it out if I can every figure out some of the kinks."

There was a pause as Amanda realized Jennifer had finished answering. "What kind of kinks? And what have you done with this mind-control?"

"Oh, well... it tastes like socks and it has to be eaten within two days of being made, so it's not very good for cereal that's going to sit in the store for a while... but I'm working on it! I think I'll figure something good out soon!" Amanda wasn't going to let the 'what have you done' thing drop... "As far as what I've done... I got someone to close off my song tonight while wearing a Porky Pig costume. And I got him to stutter." She added that last bit proudly. It had been tricky. "I wanted that to affect him no matter what he said, instead of having him just following a pre-programmed routine. That was REALLY challenging. Making mind-control subjects flexible instead of just telling them exactly what to do is tough, but I figured it out!" She cast around, trying to think of something impressive she could tell the reporter... "I mind-controlled the president of France once, too!"

This seemed to impress Amanda slightly. "Really? How did that go?"

"Awesome! I actually managed to get a new piece of legislation passed!" Granted, it had been a tax reform thing that *probably* would have been passed anyway, but it was still cool.

"What legislation? And were you stopped by a Hero?"

"Well... not exactly... it turns out he's just really strong-willed... he was able to throw it off on his own. But most people haven't mind-controlled him at all! And that doesn't usually happen when I try to mind-control someone. Usually it's MUCH more successful- like I said, he's incredibly strong-willed. Oh, and I was 18th runner-up at this year's Frankenstein Grand Prix for my rant! That's the best any Umbra's ever done! I'd say the best anyone in the family's done, but, well... we have Dr. Nitro in our family, and he actually got *second* one year!" Sigh. She could tell that Amanda was going to ask about the legislation... there was no getting around it. "It was a tax-reform bill, by the way. But it means that, as a Mad living in France, I can deduct copper wiring and mice and stuff as secondary occupation expenses!"

The evil-squirrel costumed Tufty had moved on from Ariel and Thunderwoman's conversation and was sitting on a table nearby. Jennifer talking to a reporter... it was good to have someone to check and make sure she didn't try to make anything up to sound impressive. It wouldn't do for Jennifer to lie to a reporter- it would be embarrassing when she got caught.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:17 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Amanda looked at her notepad.

• Ask about her relations with M.
• Segue into: Ask about party, what she thinks.
• Ask about hostesses, her take on Jane and Chic.
• Ask if she's played any tricks lately.

Amanda grinned to herself. Time to move on to the lighter side of things.

"So, as I'm sure you know, we're in the middle of M right now... how are your relations with M, anyway? And are you surprised that the party is being hosted here?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:58 pm 

Jennifer pondered for a minute. "Surprised- oh, I see! I mean, yes, I suppose it is a bit unusual for the party to be hosted at M, but it hadn't really occurred to me. I used to know Commander Xerox and Elmer Fudd-" she pointed to Crash. "Actually works here, so I wasn't thinking about the organization so much. As far as what terms we're on with M, well... one of us works here, and the rest of us don't usually cause enough trouble for M to particularly care." She sounded a bit disappointed. After all, it *would* be nice to be well-known for some chaos... "But I don't think M as an organization minds us too much, and I knew a couple of people here, so I decided to come to the party."

"What do you think of the party, anyway?"

"It's great! I love the decorations, and all sorts of interesting people are here, and the food's really neat, and I'm still not sure what the punch does, and there's kareoke, and I'm having a great time! Miss Narbon and Miss Viktor really know how to throw a party!"

"So what do you think of Miss Narbon and Miss Viktor, anyway?"

"Oh, they're both really impressive! Miss Viktor's done amazing work, and there are even rumors she's got *Tesla's* notes, and everything she does is beautiful! And Miss Narbon- well, she's Miss Narbon. She's only one of the smartest, deadliest, cleverest, evilest women in the WORLD." Jennifer gazed at Jane for a minute. "Who *wouldn't* be impressed?" It occurred to Jennifer that this was probably more for a piece on the party, and Miss Narbon and Miss Viktor in particular. Sigh. Of *course* the reporter would be more interested in those two... Then again, it wasn't really surprising- they had done all sorts of interesting things so far... Miss Narbon was even in the League of Villains already.

"So tell me, Jennifer, have you played any interesting tricks, lately?"

Jennifer sighed internally. If she HAD played an interesting, clever trick, maybe the reporter would be somewhat interested in her- especially if she was nervous about actually talking to Miss Narbon. But- "Not really, unfortunately... Well, I did mind-control the one guy, make him put on a Porky costume, and make him stutter, but that's not really a TRICK. I've been trying to get Elmer Fudd to hunt Claire using the 'Claire season' signs, but haven't had much luck with that." She frowned, trying to think if she had played ANY interesting tricks lately. "I managed to steal an entire sheet of gold star stickers out of Commander Xerox's office and replaced them with the little frowny face stickers." Of course, because she knew Primary, he let her in his office and wasn't too worried about her, security-wise, so it hadn't been very difficult, but maybe Amanda would be impressed and think that she could break into the office of the head of M.

"Did you have to break into his office? Didn't you say you knew him? And why would you do that, anyway?"

Drat! "Well... he did let me in. But I had to do it quickly while his back was turned. And I thought it was funny- he likes to give people gold stars when they do well on something."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:22 pm 

-Sarah Toboz-

"Oh, why thank you!" She smiled and stepped forward, walking through Claire without passing through the other side. Claire's eyes flitted open, this time strangely pink in color, and she smiled, turning to the snack table and scooping out some punch into a cup. Lifting it up to her lips, she drank deeply of it, not noticing the fact that her hair had begun to bubble and hiss, and was turning Puce in color. "Mmm... minty!"

Sarah stepped out of Claire's body. "That's all I wanted, miss kitty! Thank you!" She bowed and began to walk away.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:11 pm 

Ugh... I don't feel so well... I need to sit down for a minute. I don't know what was up with that demon, but bleah... possession doesn't normally give me a headache or anything...

Maybe I'll just sit down here in the corner for a bit until I feel better... Nnnn... That demon was cute but... I wonder if she was some kind that's usually incompatible with possession or something. Maybe I'll feel better if I take a quick nap or something.

Rolf, still pondering, hears a voice behind him. "Something wrong, by any chance?" He turns to see a pink, fanged dog sitting behind him- Archimedes in his Woola costume. "Care to talk about it?"

Spam Poison. I think.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next