Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mad Halloween Party II: The Dressing Room
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:21 am 
Hyperkeeper

Got tired of waiting for altChic to show up, so SiB has appeared.

...oh, and I hope 4chan never, ever finds out about this...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:05 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Robin... oh, dear. Eh, if ANYONE can warp time-space like that I believe she can.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:28 pm 

Robin Toboz: *As a zombie* What? I'm not allowed to show up? Aww...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:41 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jennifer: You are about to be interviewed! (whether you like it or not.) Prepare...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:45 am 

Feel free to go ahead and ask her all the questions at once. That way, it'll be easier for her to dodge a question by simply 'forgetting' to answer it... and easier for Amanda to call her on which questions she dodges... :twisted:

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:29 pm 

And the neverending cycle of escalation between Jennifers and Michaels continues. Man, I need to have Michael hang out with Frederic sometime during the party. Sorry, it's just hard to break the endless cycle of vengence that threatens to drag the world into it and destroy everything.

Michael:
Hey Frederic... interested in helping me come up with a scheme to terrify everyone else tonight?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:37 pm 

The costume list-if I've missed you, or it's not quite right, let me know and I'll fix it asap. And question-we have a lot of two person themes. Do you think those should count as group costumes, or individual, for voting purposes?

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:58 pm 

Fredric: ...*sitting in a corner, sulking*

I think they should be 'group'- you can;t really judge the as individual costumes, anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:38 pm 

Ok... Michael's last vengeance of the night (Seriously, he has a quota, and if he exceeds it I hit him with a stiff fine) is gonna happen after the interview with Jennifer, and then I'm gonna see if he can't do a bit more mundane stuff. Like hang out with a magically-empowered, Gibson-holding Insane Jaeger/Rabbit/Human creature that talks with a cute accent and flies around like an eagle.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:10 pm 

Come to think of it, it *has been some time since he last used the Gibson, hasn;t it? One assumes he tries to leave it for emergencies, or the day he finally figures out how the @#$! magic works.

That, and Cleese always has to roll around on it, and he always gets jam or something on it. :3

Fredric: ... actiually, Jennifer moigh be th; most *normal* person oi know...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:00 pm 

Jennifer: I don't think I really know you that well, Fredric... and you'd probably end up hitting me with a newspaper if we ever met, anyway. Everyone ELSE seems too. *grumbles*

And Jane, I must say you're making me very curious with these interview questions. Especially because I don't know what Amanda thinks of Jennifer's answers...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:51 pm 
Heh heh heh.

If it's any help, she's also got a real microphone hidden on her, and is going to sell the footage after the party's over.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 am 

Xerox: Because you don;t *learn*. You also get gold stars more than most of the people who work for me. Speaking of which... given any thought to that?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:22 pm 

Costume thread updated. Duo costumes are now under the group heading. SIB is tenatively classified under 'Group'.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:16 am 

New post up in the Halloween Party.

I'm not entirely sure HOW Thunderwoman is going to react to Ariel's gift. She's... she's kinda supposed to be the opposite of a typical robot in most science fiction stories (Where they develop distinctly humanlike traits and personalities, which is a major theme of their characters) and up to this point has stubbornly refused to allow herself to GROW more relatable, at least permanently.

In this situation, I still need to figure out how she'd react completely.

And I know I've said it once, and I'll say it again: One of the few things David really, REALLY fears is his Automatic Toppings Dispenser. There's really only one other thing that evokes the same sort of terror from him, and that's a significantly less funny fear, so we haven't really seen it.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:25 pm 

Eh, Andrew ides in a closet if you wave a Jappanese horror film at him. Part of the terror of being aware of the nature of your universe is knowing that there is, indeed, a slim chance of that kind of thing occouring.

....you'd think having Sayasuke in the house woul dhelp, but in actuality Sayasuke is scared of ghosts as well. Ghosts and Ninja. Luckily for the both of then, Zenshitai will bail them out if such an event ever occours. He;s somehting like... hmmm... half a ghost? What do you call it when you;re fused with the anger and decay of a hundred spirits?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:27 pm 

Possessed?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:42 pm 

Hmmm... yeah, that works! It;s just complicated on account of him being that way since he was a baby. Eh. Just 'Spirit' probably works, on a certain level...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:33 am 
Hyperkeeper

...ok, something tells me there's no way all of this is going to be finished in 11 days.

Thusly, your timeth has beeneth extended!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:09 am 

Strangely enough, someone has left a message painted on a wall, in Hershey's Chocolate syrup:

11 days...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:42 pm 

Since it's already generated some confusion in the chat thread, I'm posting this here:

Kax, introduced in my most recent post, is not an old character, nor one David has encountered in either of his previous two jaunts using the Automatic Toppings Machine. Rather, he/she/it is completely new. David has encountered him, and this universe, before, a story which will eventually be detailed in the Tales of Madness just after "Claire and the Umbras" ends. It's easy to guess, then, that this universe isn't very FAR in the future, as David last was there sometime less than two years from the present date of the game. (Sorry if it's a bit confusing!)

So yeah: Kax = New character, but one David's met before
The alternate future David ended up in = 2 years in the future from present day

Incidentally, the flashback David had earlier in the party thread ALSO originated from someone from Kax's universe. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:53 am 
Heh heh heh.

There's always a bigger fish.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:29 am 

And today we learn that the Automatic Toppings Machine does, in fact, have a survival instinct of some sort. Hm, good to know.

So now we've got Mithril Jack, Sayasuke, and whatever this thing is after the two of them. Fun!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:43 pm 

Oh, there's no way I'm not going to use some Earthbound jokes... But maybe after Andrew calms down a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:07 am 

Aw... I'm sad that the Toppings Dispenser and the Soda Machine didn't get a chance to cause more trouble...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:13 pm 

They can still have a climactic battle!

Oh, and... on my post

Zan and Saya are playing with making a new word for 'Tsukumogami, which are items that become monsters after 99 years with rage. In fact, what Sayasuke once was.
Hibana is a direct translation of 'spark', but Kuchibi is spar, spark-fuse, and starting a big fight. A more appropriate translation by all means.
Also, those familiar with Earthbound might find their conversation almost ironic...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:32 pm 

Well, that was unexpected.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:54 pm 

Sayasuke: SON of a Ninja!

Zan: ... are you *ever* going to get over that thing with the Shinobi?

Sayasuke: Never.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:54 am 

In today's posting, Jennifer gets let out of the stupid painting! Maybe...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:38 pm 
New Madsci

Happy (real life) Halloween, everyone!!

Just as a heads up, I have plans for the zombies I just summoned, and would appreciate it if nobody messed with them.

Then I could do some cruisin' too!

-----J. Buffet, troubadour extraordinaire

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next