Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Lounge
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:45 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Woof... I was going to make a post, but I'm feeling really out of it tonight still. I'm still recovering. I'll post tomorrow night. Sorry if I'm making anyone wait on my end, guys!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:47 pm 

PLEASE READ MOD.CHAPTER RUNNER POST

First of all, hello to our new members! Glad to see new faces in he mad scientist wars. Glad to have you, enjoy yourself, try to be reasonable, warn people if you;re going to use mindcontrol, mind the gap Theres no such thing as Nebraska, M is Watching you, brush your teeth, do not taunt happy fun ball, etcettra etcettera.

Howwweeeeever. The issue is that this is a time travel chapter. We are running, as it were, on San Dimas time. Or for those who have nevr *seen* Bill and Teds exellent adventure, there is a ratio of time being passed on the Peir and Through Tim eto time passing in the Main Timeline. Right now it's about 1-1, possibly even with the Real Timeline a little slower.

For Ravel, the ratio had been speeding up- only recently re-set thanks to the new people on the peir. This is part of the driving tension of the chapter- get home before time starts passing *faster* on the Peir then in Real time.

...which is horribly constrictive terms to run new people getting settled back in mechanicsburg to.

So i have decided that, barring protest, I will be creating an extra thread, titled 'Meanwhile: back in Xyclon' (or somesuch), to keep the current In mechanicsburg actions. This would be gae time running during a certain week or two in december when the Big Names of Xyclon are off in Mechanicsburg, more or less. At the end of the chapter, I would be merging the threads back together, with everything happening in Xyclon being what has, cannoticaly happened.

This would not exactly be a side story, and certainly still be 'In Game', jus sort of a 'Story B' Meanwhile thing.

Sounds fair to everyone?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:01 pm 

Sounds good! Our new members can get settled in, get used to the game, and have fun-and it doesn't interfere with the story in progress.
And it's all canon. Yay!
Fun times ahead.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:15 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
Sounds good! Our new members can get settled in, get used to the game, and have fun-and it doesn't interfere with the story in progress.
And it's all canon. Yay!
Fun times ahead.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll admit I'm pretty much guilty of having a ton of side-stories alongside the main one. I mean, Sarcastic, Natalie, and Ryan are a significant culprit.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
chicgeek wrote:
And it's all canon. Yay!
Fun times ahead.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll admit I'm pretty much guilty of having a ton of side-stories alongside the main one. I mean, Sarcastic, Natalie, and Ryan are a significant culprit.

I may have considered in the fact that that side story would have it;s own space as well. Anyone else can feel free to fill in their two cents on What exactly happens in Xyclon when the big wahoonis are out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:11 pm 

Heads up!
The MEANWHILE IN XYCLON thread has now been put up, and I will ask SIB to sticky it for me ASAP. To facillitate the shift, I will be moving the last few Xyclon centered posts from the current board to this board- thank you for your patience. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 am 

Posting will resume tonight on my end. Just been a bit slow lately, sorry! Sarah and Ravel in the Meanwhile thread, and everyone in the timetravel thread, sorry for the wait!,,

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 pm 

...!

...!...!...!

...!...!...!...!...!
Pleasehelptheyrecoming

Make of this what you will.

-Xin Yun

Last edited by SoItBegins on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:08 pm 

Um...I get a 404 not found error when I try this link.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:08 pm 
Hyperkeeper

1. Link has been fixed.

2. A brief explanation: The above item appears to be a site comprising all/part of an ARG (Alternate Reality Game), which is a (usually) puzzle-based game with an interactive storyline, using multiple forms of media (web sites, printed matter, the real world) as a substrate.

This particular ARG can be recognized as such by the fact that the titular Snow Town (and its library) of the linked website appears to be wholly fictional, the presence of the name "Jane Doh" in the guestbook (a name known for proximity to ARGs), the existence of what appears to be a complex puzzle involving the phases of the moon on the linked page (and the rest of the site), and, most tellingly, the presence of information about this site on a website devoted to tracking and chronicling ARGs.

I have a tendency to avoid ARGs for reasons of my own, but you may do what you feel like.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:09 pm 

SoItBegins wrote:
1. Link has been fixed.

2. A brief explanation: The above item appears to be a site comprising all/part of an ARG (Alternate Reality Game), which is a (usually) puzzle-based game with an interactive storyline, using multiple forms of media (web sites, printed matter, the real world) as a substrate.

This particular ARG can be recognized as such by the fact that the titular Snow Town (and its library) of the linked website appears to be wholly fictional, the presence of the name "Jane Doh" in the guestbook (a name known for proximity to ARGs), the existence of what appears to be a complex puzzle involving the phases of the moon on the linked page (and the rest of the site), and, most tellingly, the presence of information about this site on a website devoted to tracking and chronicling ARGs.

I have a tendency to avoid ARGs for reasons of my own, but you may do what you feel like.

Drat you SIB! I was trying to be mysterious! *Shakes his fist at SIB*

Oh well. It's a fun silly thing that I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in. I was just trying to build interest in it by posting a mysterious link and then denying I ever did it.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:04 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

Sorry I've been out so long- looks like I may be out still longer. Recovering from surgery. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:19 pm 

Oh, dear! Best of luck, Beard! And here's wishing you a speedy recuperation.

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:20 pm 

Ok, has anyone seen Sarah's edits to the TV Tropes page?

It's amazing. Very organized and pretty darn awesome. I just wanted everyone to know and to thank her for it.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:26 pm 

I saw those! Thanks, Sarah. Glorious work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:59 am 

Thank you very much, guys.

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:19 pm 

Brief post up in the Time travel thread, where I begin to make things even MORE infusing. Bad idea, me!

Hey, I resent that!

...regardless of my dissociative identity disorder or whatever, I'll also be posting in the Meanwhile In Xyon thread later tonight after I get back from a party. See yas!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:57 am 
Hyperkeeper

For those who were not here for their introduction, Mr Calvin and Mr Hobbes are everyone's favorite comic-strip duo, all growed up— now working as a pair of smooth-talking, intelligent forces-for-hire.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:48 pm 

I will unfortunately probably not be available tonight. I apolgize, but circumstances beyond my control have conspired against my free time. I will be posting tomorrow morning, I promise.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 am 

... god willing, I WILL post today, dangit!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:23 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Professor Zobot wrote:
... god willing, I WILL post today, dangit!

ditto. :P

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:07 am 
Heh heh heh.

Sowwy about not posting lately. I've been pretty busy (and SiB's been occupying the primary computer a lot), but I'll be able to be back at it soon!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:37 pm 

was just reminded by Jane that it's the MSW third anniversary!
Woohoo! Go us! *throws confetti in the air, then wheels out an enormous cake*

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 pm 

Yay! Party! *turns on music*

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:45 pm 
Heh heh heh.

chicgeek wrote:
was just reminded by Jane that it's the MSW third anniversary!
Woohoo! Go us! *throws confetti in the air, then wheels out an enormous cake*

Jane: [busts out of the enormous cake] Whooooo!
(Jane: I've always wanted to do that.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:05 pm 

Congrats to ourselves! Yay, party!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:44 pm 

Whooo! Go team MSW!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:55 am 

...how did I ever forget I once had Ninjutsu battle clowns! Beware their exploding pies of assassination!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:44 am 

To anyone who is vaguely interested in hearing me whine about work, rant about games, talk about life, or dispense potentially significant military secrets:

I now have a Twitter account. @zobot257

Follow me if you want.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:58 pm 

Ok, summer break is approaching for me, and among the projects I plan on tackling during the break is the MSW webcomic. So for all of you I've drawn before: Is there anything about the character drawings I've done of your character that you'd change? Design elements I missed or you think would make the character more visually interesting. And on that note, anything you definitely want me to avoid? I'm going to be updating all the characters for my character reference sheets and some I'll be trying to make more visually engaging, such as SiB who I never managed to convey more than "Tall guy" before. Gafgets, gizmos, hintings at abilities, anything you think might visually show up and make your character, to use the cheesy design cliche, "pop".

If you've got anything, just send me a note or IM or say something in chat.

Characters who need to speak up the soonest:

Andrew Tinker
SiB
Jane
David Zobot
Fluffy

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next