Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Lounge
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:26 am 
Heh heh heh.

Tomorrow sounds good.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:46 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Maybe? Could be 10 or 11 pm before I'm home.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:55 pm 

Mad science. Oh how we've missed it.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:21 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Basic did not kill me. I am now an American Airman. I will be online on a regular basis starting this monday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm 

Yay! Good luck, as always, and glad to see you back.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:52 pm 

Hawkwolf wrote:
Basic did not kill me. I am now an American Airman. I will be online on a regular basis starting this monday.

AWESOME!

It's great to see you back, Hawk! Congrats!

I was writing you a new letter... where should I mail it?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 pm 
Heh heh heh.

I'm baaaack! And after a grinding week of moving things. Remind me to tell you about it all sometime.
Looking forward to the game tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 am 

Yes! The forum's back!

Celebrations are in order! Fire the floral railguns! Someone invent some sort of fireworks substitute!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:56 am 

Ask and you shall receive! You wanted fireworks?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzL4L_FpLvE
Although I suspect that pales when compared to the 4th of July in Xyon City. And yay, the forum's back!

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:30 am 

The posts from the day or two before the forum stopped working seem to be missing... I have one of mine saved, for some reason, so I'm going to repost it... Feel free to delete it if I somehow failed to notice that no, posts weren't deleted, so I made the same post twice.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:14 am 
Heh heh heh.

Yeah, we should sort of take an inventory of what posts we remember vanishing.

For my part, I remember these posts that are now gone:

• David gets into some sort of further trouble (I think)
• Xerox tells Jane what they're looking for, then separates from her to go find David
• Jane's reply to Xerox
I'm pretty sure there was/were at least one other post after that, but I can't remember.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:33 pm 

I hadn't posted beyond what's up there, so no need to worry about that.

EDIT: New story up! Go check it out and let me know what you think!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:29 pm 

To copy the most recent post in the Mad Scientist Wars-
Minhazul Abedin Chowdhury wrote:
Nice one...

I'm not a moderator, and I don't want to overstep. But if I may ask-
This is an ongoing story-please don't drop in random comments. It makes the reading a bit awkward, for those writing the next bit, and also for those who are just following along. If you're curious about the game, or want an invitation to join, why not go to the Mad Scientist Wars Signup Queue thread farther down this page? Or try the Mad Scientists Lounge thread, if you just want to make a comment. Thanks!
Moderators, feel free to delete this post if I've erred.

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:24 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Random: Jane needs one of these for her remodeled lair... the button, that is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:18 am 
Heh heh heh.

@Z: I kinda went with the 2008 iteration of Violetta's outfit (sans the cape, though— they get caught on things), and added a few extra touches. But Xerox's suit's dignity is preserved!

Last edited by Jane Narbon on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm 

Not feeling good. I'll be posting tomorrow.

And it will be awesome

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:29 pm 

so, as some of you have heard, Me and Zo are making a webcomic, thingy. The first post is up: http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.ph ... gotten-Age so anyone that wants to be part of the fun head on over and post suggestions for a name of the protagonist. :D

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:18 am 

...This is something I'm very excited about that I want other people to discover as well.

It's a new flash series online. One with an old history and one I'm likely to become an instant fan of.

Premiering the 11th.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:51 pm 
Heh heh heh.

I has a Phoenix Wright fanfic!

Updated every week (hopefully).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:43 pm 

I'll have to check it out, jane!

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:58 pm 

Post from me tomorrow. I have been through a lot of crap today and I don't even have a proper computer. Later.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:02 am 

This will likely be the last thing you hear from me until tomorrow night, or at least until late this eve:

Merry Christmas, happy new year, and everyone be safe and happy over the next few days.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:28 pm 

Thanks, Zobot. And the same from me to all of you.

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:17 am 
Hyperkeeper

"...and Happy Christmas to All, and to all a Good Night."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:54 pm 

As a lot of you know, I've having a table at the local scifi con. Canes, jewelry, trinket boxes, random geeky things, ect. And just for fun, when I label stuff-where room permits-I'm going to add names/titles. Say, the deep blue cane with shell detail could be listed as Geneve's Dream. Other ideas are Claire's Secret, Prof. Tinker's Sunday Best...you get the idea. Heck, I could do this if I ever set up an Etsy shop online, too, people do that all the time there. Not that I'm expecting anyone to get the joke, although wouldn't that be cool? It's mostly for my own amusement. So...this is asking permission. Can I steal your names for this bit of silliness?

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

^
Think this is a great idea, in terms of my two cents, I don't mind.

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:19 pm 
Heh heh heh.

I'm all for it! :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:33 pm 

Also-I can't promise to use everyone's names, but I'll do what I can. It amuses me. But if anyone has a suggestion, post it or let me know, and I'll do what I can!

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 am 

well, if you want to use any of my characters go right ahead ^.^

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 am 
Heh heh heh.

"Jane's Secret Box" (or some container)?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next