Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Lounge
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 am 
Hyperkeeper

Regarding Mina's mysterious benefactor— I'm leaving this open. Anyone who wants to can pick it up and run with it.

WHO is the person who obviously cares enough about Mina to sandbag her, drag her into another universe and give her a large expense account? WHAT does s/he want of Mina? WILL Mina find out by the end of the Moot?

(We'll have to see.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:55 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Post up tomorrow. For now, I'm gonna rest a bit.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:31 pm 

Post for the Moot for Mina, Roth, and many others will be up tomorrow. Happy diablo 3 day of diablo 3.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:50 pm 

Dang it I'm just having to push this back again. Having time issues tonight. Gah. I'll post this up tomorrow morning if it kills me.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:27 pm 

My apologies for my delay in returning, especially since started up a thread.

The only thing I offer in my defense is that I'm sort of drifting in and out of lucid-awareness right now, and when I'm not on painkillers I can think but it's usually tempered with aggravating pain.

I promise a post tomorrow. Hopefully I can stick to that.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:28 pm 
New Madsci

Hey, that's a perfectly valid excuse! Get rest! Get well soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:46 pm 

Incidentally, I'm in San Diego now. In case anyone was keeping track of time zones or something like that.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:29 pm 

Also, I'm 22 now. And I graduated college, but that was like a week ago, so I think the statute of limitations has expired on it.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:53 pm 

Happy everything, Claire!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Huzzah, Claire! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:01 pm 

For our regulars:

I apologize for my recent stretch of absence. I've been up to my neck in Friend's-Wedding stuff, and I'll probably be pretty absent until Saturday night or so. Thank you.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:02 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Ahem. So, hi there, mad science wars,
Lots of life things have been going on, and I've been doing a bit of personal changing, all that silly coming of age stuff where one realizes who they are at heart and all that, and you know what hit me the other day? I really miss this place, and I really miss the lot of you.

So, if you're all alright with it, I'd like to come back whenever it would next be convenient. I've been gone awhile, so I'd rather just sort of start anew in the story, because I lost track of Herr and his all his alternate reality nonsense.

Anyway. Missed you all, and I'll do my best to be back reliably.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:52 am 

HERR! *tackleglomps* we missed you too!
Your best best is the Igormoot thread. You can play a negaHerr, or regular Herr traveling to the nega dimension, or a sentient kumquat-any character you want. There's only been two pages of posts so far, so not hard to catch up on. The main game has been stalled for now, but there's still stuff going on. Saturday night is the Exalted game in chat, but usually someone's around. I'll show up in chat more.
Anyways, welcome back and all that. *hands you a lightning pie*

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:29 am 
Heh heh heh.

Hi, Herr! It's lovely to have you back once more~ :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:20 pm 

At the immediate moment my internet access at my residence is currently kind of FUBAR, so I may not be around much until I get this worked out. posting is on hold at the moment on my end, sorry. I'll try to get back up soon, but I've got a test on friday to study for and internet connectivity woes on my computer that are beyond my control currently

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 pm 

The Xyon City Tourism Restoration Project begins tomorrow.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:36 pm 

Okay, I know it's a busy time of year and all. But we have the forum back!
Let's rumble.
*sets out a tray of assorted mints*

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:07 am 

Okay, I haz a proud and want to share. The creator of A Girl and Her Fed put out a call for crafty people to send her shop links, so I did on a whim. And on the latest page, I'm in her list under the post.
Now, I doubt I'll get sales, because the shop's pretty empty and I take crappy pictures, but that's okay. I threw in a link to my deviant account in my shop description and offered to do custom listings just so it wouldn't be so bare.
I'm not hitting my friends up for sales! I just wanted to share because I'm tickled pink I'm one of the ones who got a mention, and I think it was an incredibly nice thing for her to do. Otter rocks.
http://agirlandherfed.com/1.1072.html

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:48 am 

Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, just happy whatever you celebrate to all my friends. Here's hoping for a wonderful new year for all of us too.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:49 am 
Hyperkeeper

PEACE ON EARTH, GOOD WILL TO MEN
AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

SiB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 am 

Burn's comment in character chat reminded me of something...

Check this out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/epi ... ef=popular

I'm not funding this, due to lack of cash, but it's a pretty neat idea!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:05 pm 

Oh, that is cool.

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:24 am 

Ok. This is an open message to everyone regarding Exalted this weekend: Due to issues with my schedule on saturday night, I probably will not be able to run Exalted that night. Due to this, after gathering everyone's schedules, I've determined that the time that everyone would be best able to play would be sunday night. Please plan on playing sunday night at around 6:30 PM CST to 7:00 PM CST as a start time, ending at about 11:00 CST or if people WANT to go further, 12:00 PM CST at the latest. This isn't an ideal time for this, I know, but it works for the most people this week. Please let me know if you have any conflicts or if there's anything significant about scheduling that I should be aware of.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:35 pm 

Just something to say for people who are reading my first post in the new thread:

Michael will take a little bit of time before he's likable. The management offers its apologies for this, and as a token offering of consolation, offers this image of sweetness in return.

That is all.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:56 am 

I must brag a little. One of the attendees at Conglomeration blogs for comicrelated.com, and he took some pictures of my stuff and posted it online. He's also active locally in the local steampunk society and the Derby City Comicon, and we had a nice talk.
http://comicrelated.com/ Headlines, then ConGlomGallery2, then I'm pics 10-15, after the swords. I won't spam you with the etsy, flickr, and deviantart. ^^ The convention was tons of fun, it's one I'd love to bring you all to when I win the lottery.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:17 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Congrats, Chic! :D Did convention sales go well?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 pm 

Well enough, Jane. Paid for the family's entry fees, the table rental, and money to go shopping in the dealer's room myself. It was a slow year, but this is where I go for fun and plan to spend money every year anyway.

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:59 pm 

There will be a post coming up this weekend, likely on saturday. Thanks for waiting!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:28 pm 

Holy crap the forum is back!
Now what?

C Valente

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21