Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Lounge
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:21 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

SoItBegins wrote:
OK, I decided to... stir things up a bit in the Pirate game. I leave writing the comic chase scene, however, up to you.

I sorta imagine that the Ninjas have racked up QUITE a large debt with the Ahi Island chamber of commerce... their valuable metal weapons and all the rest of their possessions might suffice as collateral, but they'll still have to work several years as barbacue pit-operators and hula-technicians before they're through...

Heh heh heh...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:52 pm 

Something I've been meaning to let everyone know about:

This is a cool project I saw online, and I figured I'd point it out to people who might be interested in joining it, or just interested in seeing what other people would come up with (like I am)

The Point and Click Collab: a collaborative project where a group of artists are designing the various levels of a fictional Adventure game (similar to King's Quest, Torin's Passage, or Quest for Glory). Essentially, the idea is to turn Game Design into a medium of artistic expression, which is a creative exercise I find fascinatingly novel. Each world is supposed to represent the identity of the artist who is designing it, so it's introspective and cool and stuff.

It's the sort of thing that I'd enter if I had the ability to draw. Anyways, I figured I'd let you all know about it. There's some neat stuff there!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:39 am 
Heh heh heh.

All right— the Tale I've been working on (off and on) for weeks now is finally up! Phew. It's called 'A Day in the Life'.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:49 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

that is a long one Jane. Pretty neat too

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:56 pm 

Sarcastic: Wait... didn't one of the fangirls stick a sedative patch on you?

Michael: One of the benefits of being currently partially-necrotic is that things like that work, but work sloooowly. I'm going to crash in a few minutes and fall asleep for hours in my own future until my body processes and removes the sedative.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:27 pm 

Alright, since no one has *explicitly said* at any point 'the group arrives at the exit of the Martian complex', and SIB has not explicitly said 'the group is outside now', I have chosen to assume that we are still inside the Martian Complex, and re still searching for the exit- with a sunroof of some kind- after a lot of confused discussion in chat.

If I am wrong, then please feel free to correct me and I'll change it. But I'd rather post now and be wrong then get all frustrated and put off posting. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:25 pm 

I am going with Tinker, and I edited my post. There are Slight differences but nothing to change the actual events. If its a problem, I can re-edit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:09 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Alright, since no one has *explicitly said* at any point 'the group arrives at the exit of the Martian complex', and SIB has not explicitly said 'the group is outside now', I have chosen to assume that we are still inside the Martian Complex, and re still searching for the exit- with a sunroof of some kind- after a lot of confused discussion in chat.

If I am wrong, then please feel free to correct me and I'll change it. But I'd rather post now and be wrong then get all frustrated and put off posting. :D

Um.... yeah, this is my fault. I apologize... I misinterpreted the situation.

Sorry!

EDIT: Today is my birthday. Apparently. Or so my parents tell me.

Of course, I am taking it on their word that I am in fact someone who was BORN, and not just a naturally occurring awesome entity of awesomeness.

And in regards to my recent post: Richard Toboz apparently found the ONE wall in the entire Martian complex that had the density and consistency of Drywall. It's the only logical explanation.

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:35 am 

It's a day late, but happy birthday, Zobot! I hope you had a great day!
*wheels out trolly with ginormous cake*

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:37 pm 

I assume that your birthday is the day your awesomeness coalesced into a physical form. Happy belated coalescing day, Zobot!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Likewise-- happy Birthday!

*finishes decorating the cake, with mint icing*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:41 pm 

Happy birthday, Zobot! I brought the party hats! It's a good thing I bought these in bulk, cause I seem to be using them a lot! *dips finger in icing and is about to take a taste* Wait a minute...Jane, what kind of mint is this icing?

Anyways, whoo, happy birthday!

Also:
Quote:
And in regards to my recent post: Richard Toboz apparently found the ONE wall in the entire Martian complex that had the density and consistency of Drywall. It's the only logical explanation.

Zobot, you do realize this is the Mad Scientist Wars, right? Logic gave up a looooong time ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:55 am 

"Logic?" What is this "logic" you speak of? I have never heard of this "logic."

Oh boy, a 4-ply coffee house? What is this world coming to!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:37 am 
Heh heh heh.

Quote:
Wait a minute...Jane, what kind of mint is this icing?

Jane: Regular, ordinary icing, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:05 am 

Jane Narbon wrote:
Quote:
Wait a minute...Jane, what kind of mint is this icing?

Jane: Regular, ordinary icing, of course.

AD:... So, mint icing then I suppose. I swear you're as bad about that as aunt Helen*Author retcon activate!*

Writer:*whacks AD* SHHHHHH! That's secret plot stuff!

AD: But you typed out the words so you're the one wh-*is whacked again*

Writer:Don't point out the obvious logical fallacies in my arguments! Makes me look bad!

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

Last edited by Demothesis on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:07 pm 

Just to clarify my most recent post:

I'm NOT saying that entities from Discworld's famous Dungeon Dimension are coming to MSW. That's crossing continuities a bit too much for me to personally want to do. (Not that I'm limiting anyone else, just saying that I personally wouldn't do it)

I'm just using the link as an example of the sorts of beingsthat could be lurking out there. Regardless of what, SOMETHING has noticed Slime-Flux now. And that's bad.

That's about as bad as giving Jane Narbon all the weaponry and technology in the world and letting no one else have anything more dangerous than string.

SiB: My apologies for causing so much trouble in your chapter. I hope I'm not doing anything disagreeable... let me know if I am.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 am 
Heh heh heh.

Well, it took 1 year, 10 months, and 10 days, but we have finally gotten real snowballs into the story. :D Enjoy!

Last edited by Jane Narbon on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:12 pm 

We got ourselves a classic monster hunt on our hands! Despite there being no monster but instead a slime and it is more of a search and destroy then a hunt and it not really that classic but STILL!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 pm 

An open letter to Jane Narbon:

Congratulations. You've now successfully made me feel something that I never thought I'd feel:

I'm actually CONCERNED about the fate of Jane Narbon.

Enjoy your victory, tiny though it may be.

Also, I love slime-Miss Clay! Hawk, your writing is fun to read!

And I hope people are entertained by Sarcastic's antics...

Geeze, if Jane is still alive, then she's not going to be happy about what's happening at her lab...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:36 pm 

Just so you know, most likely be gone till Wednesday. And thank you zobot and I do like Jane's snowball effect

Last edited by Hawkwolf on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:01 pm 

The pirate game is, in some small way, rebooting itself.

Here's where it stands: Everyone's characters, with the exception of David Toboz (The one from another universe) is now on Ahi Island. Through some twist of circumstances, they're all in trouble with the natives, stuck in a cauldron of boiling water that's about to be shoved into a volcano to feed a young volcano god. For those keeping track, Captain Toboz has now made the other half of the Monkey-Eagle Talisman he needs to find the Bluelight Hoard, but everyone's hands are tied up, so no one can get to it!

If anyone wants to introduce a new character, feel free to have them be in the cauldron WITH the current cast. It's not like Ahi Island hasn't had a lot of tourists lately...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:04 am 
Hyperkeeper

Could this be the end of Jane Narbon?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:11 pm 

So, I'm back. I'll probably be a week or so reading everything you lot have written while I was off being to busy to have the fun I wanted to have writing here. Needless, to say I'm sorry for leaving without saying something.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:16 pm 

That Guy wrote:

So, I'm back. I'll probably be a week or so reading everything you lot have written while I was off being to busy to have the fun I wanted to have writing here. Needless, to say I'm sorry for leaving without saying something.

*hugs Thad* You're back! YAAAAAAY!

Needless to say, we're excited to see you again. Thanks for coming back. We missed you.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:17 pm 

*tackle hugs*
We missed you! It's so good to see you again, That Guy.
And did I mention it's good to see you? Welcome back.
*sets out cake*

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:45 pm 

Huzzah! Thad's back!! *joins in the hugging* It's good to have you back, Thad. We really missed you. *hugs Thad again*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Ooh!

Glad to see you back, That.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:21 pm 

*Picks up the pile of people in a massive bear hug*
Thad! Glad to see you back!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:38 am 

That Guy wrote:

No need to apologize, dude.

We're just glad you're back. We all did miss you.

What have you been up to lately? Anything particularly cool in the real world?

It wouldn't be a martian chapter without Thaddeus...

EDIT: Oh, I forgot... do you want a recap of what's going on currently? I know you plan on reading everything (And there's a lot of good stuff there!) but a recap might help anyways. Let us know if you want one.

Also, let's test something: Exactly HOW many ways does everyone envision it's possible for the various cannon-fodder slimes to perish while trying to storm the Narbon lab?

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:17 pm 

I am back a little early then planned thanks to some unexpected events that turned out for the better. Glad you are back The Guy. Just a recap, attending a funeral in another state for one of my grandfather. Anyways I am back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next