Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: mad scientist wars need you! (tv trope that is)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Tink asked me to update the mad scientist t.v. trope page and I agreed. BUT I know I can't do it on my own. Does not help that I was not here from the start OR have completed reading all that back story. The mad sci wars in XXX seconds does help though. This is where you kind folks come in. I need a few things. First off (the easy part) characters names. List them as main and secondary. Just for the main game for now. Probably someone needs to do the people are not around anymore. The last thing for now is any tropes not listed on the list and why it should be added. The list is here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/TheMadScientistWars?from=Main.TheMadScientistWars

I think it is too big of a job for one person so I need all of you good folks to help me here. I can organize it and update the site, I can't sift through everything for the golden nuggets. You folks tell me he important information and I will piece it together. How does that sound? Hope it is not too much.

Last edited by Hawkwolf on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: mad scientist wars need you! (tv trope that is)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:25 pm 

Main: Demothesis
Secondary: Dr. Kinestro

Tertiary: Foigran, Laughingman, E.L.I., Dr. Expend

Missing tropes: Rule of funny: Amino, Kinestro, and Olsen all run on this rule.

rule of cool: Some things seem to work simply because they're too cool not to.

Crowning moment of Awesome: Haven't read enough of the archives for any to pop out at me. But personally Demo's method of scaring off the interpol agents seemed pretty awesome.(could just be biased though)

Crowning moment of funny: Anything with Amino in it.

I'll see what else I can come up with.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:45 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

I'll be happy to contribute. I kept meaning to work on it, so I already have some stuff to put forward.

Give me a day or two to pull some information together and I'll put it forward.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:47 pm 

Main: Chicgeek. Chic is Dr. Emily Lopez-Viktor. Jess, known as the Chimera.

Secondary-Hooo, boy. Chic's sidekicks, Mecha and Sparky. Rolf. Kid Atomic. Minerva-a.k.a. Dr. Minerva Dries, Mad Librarian, recently married to Chic's dad, Vladimir Viktor.

New-Penny Bright, mad student biologist, and her creations.

Minor Characters: The Black Hat Brigade-Boris, Stephan, and Heinrich.
Desdemona-who's Kid Atomic's barista sweetie.

And NegaChic-Francine, and Rand, Rolf's negacounterpart, Jeffee, who's the NegaJess...

Eesh. The sad part is I just know I've forgotten someone. Yeah, making characters is addicting.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:02 pm 

Main: Herr Doktor James Shockley

Secondary: Aloysius Cormier, Mr. Wicke, Herr Greg.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:55 pm 

Main: David Toboz (Despite the fact that other characters occasionally try to steal the show from him)

Secondary: Sarcastic Female NPC, Michael Toboz

Auxillery Characters: (Characters used as needed) Khan, Sahara, Flux, Radiant, various assorted interchangeable villains, Richard Toboz, Lady Drezebel, Natalie (Still haven't done much with her yet, but I intend to), Left Arm, Right Arm, Pappy Toboz, Thunderwoman (She'll be back eventually)

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:58 pm 

Main: Claire Umbra

Secondary: Jennifer Umbra, Crash Umbra

Tertiary: Boxxy, Burn, Code, Arthur, Edgar, Neal, Anson, Isaac, Thomas, and Eliza Umbra; James Nitro; Carol Cadbury

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:30 am 
Established Mad Scientist

Location: What is a location but a point in a world without meaning?
Main: Revel Cogson.

This is, of course assuming you are not figments of my imagination. Of course, it is impossible for you to be, as your imagination is simply the application of things you have learned in new ways. If nothing was real, then I would not have any experiences, and thus no imagination.

"Science does not have a moral dimension. It is like a knife. If you give it to a surgeon or a murderer, each will use it differently."
- Wernher von Braun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:43 pm 

*deep breath* Pheeeeww...

Main: Dr. Andrew Kaboom Omega Particle Prince Risk Tinker MD, Commander Primary O. Xerox, Fredric Zeta Tinker.

Secondary: Sayasuke, Zanshitai, Maxwell Eta Raven Mallory Tinker

Minor
The (exended) Tinker Family: Dr. Florian Viktor, Dr. Dimitri Io, Vladimir Viktor, Rasputin Viktor, Richard Gamma Tinker, Richard Delta Tinker, Eric Tinker, Katty Risk, Ethan Entropy
M: The Steve, Wicket, Harp, Dr. Cutename, Lemon, The Intern Hivemind,
Negaverse: 'Nega Tinker' (His High Dictator Andrew Kaboom Omega Particle Emperor Risk Tinker), Freddy Tinker, Danny, Xxxy.
Slimes: Andromedia Tinker, Secondary Ximes.
Misc: Dr. Disaster

D-did I forget anyone...?
EDIT I so did.

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:19 am 

A tv trope custom made for Dr. Kinestro. DOOOOOOOOM!(TM)

Also for the slimes They're weak to fire so... also why they're weak against fire and poison

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

Last edited by Demothesis on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:32 pm 

Finally added the tropes and updated the character list. Check it and let me know what you think. Don't be shy to say I am wrong somewhere or have more suggestions

EDIT: Nevermind *sigh* I gotta figure this thing out *goes back to tinkering*

EDIT EDIT: There figured it out. now read it.

Last edited by Hawkwolf on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:24 pm 

Added Character page. There's something wrong with the code for the folders.
It is nowhere near complete, so if you'd like to add/edit your characters, I'd appreciate it.

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:37 am 

Got the folders to work.

Next up is all my characters. Then tropes applicable to them... this could take a while

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm 

Whee new stuff on the tropes page! I really need to do mine....One of these days, I will.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:19 pm 

I think as long as we continually work on this. It will come out great. Thank you Sarah. I didn't even know you can add a character section.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 pm 

Added a WMG page. Feel free to post, joss or confirm zany theories.

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:31 am 

ARRRRRRRRGH! STUPID FOLDER CODE! WHY ARE YOU WORKING FOR EVERYONE EXCEPT DEMO! ARRRRRRRGH!

As you can tell, I am a bit annoyed by this. Some help would definately be appreciated!

------

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:16 am 

Sorry, computer illiterate here! I haven't had time to do more than glance at the tropes page today.
Joe the chef belongs to Demo, he's in my folder. Jo as in Josephine, his daughter, is mine. I'll add her in later, no time today.
But the page is looking great! I love seeing more stuff there.

C Valente

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:32 am 

Sarah McLaren wrote:
ARRRRRRRRGH! STUPID FOLDER CODE! WHY ARE YOU WORKING FOR EVERYONE EXCEPT DEMO! ARRRRRRRGH!

As you can tell, I am a bit annoyed by this. Some help would definately be appreciated!

fixed it. Added [[/folder]] at the end of Desius's folder

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:12 pm 

Can we create a YMMV page, or at least remove all the YMMV tropes, or something? The red dots are making me twitchy.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:39 pm 

@ Chic: Argh. Knew I was doing something wrong! :oops:
@ Demo: Thank you so, so much. Either I'm an idiot, or the folder code hates me.

------