Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Practice Wars
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:11 pm 
New Madsci

Rumor rubbed his eyes. "I'm seeing it too. I think." Rumor finished the rest of his coffee and tossed the empty cup into the trash. "Something tells me that this is not going to be a good way to end my day."
One of the uniformed ducks walked up to the group, brandishing it's transmogrification ray. It's voice came out, sounding oddly like Donald duck's.
"Okay, I can't understand a word you just said, feathers. Maybe one of your pals can speak decent English?"
Another duck stepped up. "How dare you insult the colonel like that! Lay down any weapons you may possess and prepare for conversion."
Rumor looked at Rad and Sarcastic. "Does this sort of thing happen often. here? It might explain the low rent on my apartment."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:08 pm 
New Madsci

Shay walks up.

Well, rides up is more appropiate. He/she is rideing on a neat tent made out of several robotic spiders. He/she is observing everything with his/her robotic eye, his/her robotic arm and leg seem unaturally natural on his frail body.

"This place needs improvements. I require a fleshy bag of useless blood to help me. Anybody here that can fullfill those requerments?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:27 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

-Sarcastic Female NPC-

Sarcastic Female NPC, and yes, that was her real name, (Ask her about it and she'll complain about having been born to nerd parents while at the same time asking you if you wanted to play Magic the Gathering) was not a tremendously weird individual, as far as Xyon City's standards were considered. Oh, she was a nerd, and a gamer, and moderately attractive besides, which all made her unusual, or at the best, Eccentric. And yes, she had a supernatural disability, or what some people would call a "superpower". But given her tendency towards sanity and common sense, Sarcastic could only be considered unique in the fact that she was likely one of the closest things to "normal" that a citizen of Xyon City could get to. This tended towards her being more easily scandalized by the bizarre than would be healthy.

She sighed and looked over at Rumor. "This is pretty standard, yeah. I'm surprised, though. Usually this sort of thing happens to my boss, Mr. Toboz."

The...ducky... that had been addressing them squaked in indignation, clearly annoyed that they weren't paying attention to it. She watched as Rumor gave her a blank look. "...David Toboz? A local mad scientist who dabbles in super-herory? Haven't heard of him?" She raised an eyebrow. "Ok, that settles it. You're new to Xyon if you haven't heard of most of the more infamous locals. Here's my tip: Stay away from anyone named Narbon, especially if they're cackling. Just a general rule of survival." She paused, and added, as an afterthought while the ducky pointed a gun at her forehead "I wonder where the Boss is? Usually he shows up to try and stop this sort of thing by now."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Meanwhile, in the dimension of Tea and Peach Trees-

David Toboz awoke, sitting in a peach tree. "Oh darn it, NOT AGAIN... how did I even BUILD an Automatic Toppings Machine that transports anyone who touches it to the Future of an Alternate Universe? It's a ridiculous concept and just plain silly besides! I hope that nothing important is happening in Xyon city right now while I'm away. I'd hate to miss it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Back with Sarcastic and Rumor-

(My apologies to Rumor for playing one of his duck characters... let me know if this is ok or if I should remove it.)

One of the duck soldiers that had begun to encircle them squawked loudly. "Stop ignoring us!"

Sarcastic rolled her eyes. "Look Daffy..."

The duck glared at her. "My name is Reginald!"

"Ok... Look Donald..."

"REGINALD!"

"Look, Howard..."

Suddenly, Reginald the duck's eyes turned red. "She has spoken the name of the accursed one, brethren. Conversion is too good for this one. We must punish her... by preparing Human a l'Orange!"

Sarcastic blinked as they began to advance upon her. "Crap... I do not USUALLY make things worse like this." She looked around and saw Shay. "Oh! Um..." She thought about it. He looked like the most dangerous person around right now. "Hey, er... these ducks kept saying how your robotic parts were stupid and poorly concieved and inefficient and wasteful energywise. Kick their butts, ok?"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:47 am 

A girl, maybe 12 years old and carrying a backpack, appeared suddenly next to Scientist Shay. She was holding a small time/space displacer. "Eep! Where am I? When am I?" She looked around. "Ooooooh... I bet Dadee won't mind if I play here..."

She had blue hair, and was sprouting a pair of cat ears and a tail. Her fur was green. She promptly pulled out a eight-foot long spear, and poked Scientist Shay. "Hi!"

Wait, Dadee said she wasn't supposed to poke... She turned the staff upright, and held out her other hand. "I'm Teal! You have metal bits! Do you know what year it is?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:18 am 
New Madsci

Shay turns to Sarcastic. "...the concerns of fleshy bags of blood do not concern me. That said, they made a mistake insulting my robots." He makes a gesture with his robotic hand, and one of the spiders crawls up to Reginald the duck, and starts sytamatically trying to grapple it to the ground.

The fact that it weighs about half a ton helps.

Then Shay turns to Teal. His/her human eye betrays his/her surprise, but his/her voice is still calm and controlled.

"I do not know what time it is. Time is a flesh bag concept and, therefor, flawed. Now get off my robots."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:45 am 

Teal blinked. "What? No no no... Time is just a measurement of 4D. If you don't wanna use fleshy thing units, you can just give me different units and I'll figure out how to convert them eventually. Well, I guess it's not super uniform, but neither is space, but you have 10 micron precision for your robot parts, so you must've measured space in some capacity at some point. Or someone did, anyway. And your robots are shiny!"

Darn it... this wasn't going very well. What had Dadee said about interacting with people?

"Do you like nyam? It's tasty." She offered Scientist Shay a jar full of nyam, her tail twitching.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:58 am 
New Madsci

Shay blinks, procesing. "In that case... aproximatly 5,376,401,333 styme. And not all robots are 'shiny'. These were just freshly made." He then takes the Nyam and stares at it. He tentativly puts his human finger into it, covering it in Nyam, and then tasting it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:16 am 

Teal beamed as the person ate the nyam. "Well, I like the shiny. It's nice! Do you make lots of robots?" She poked one of the robots with her spear to see what it would do.

The jarred nyam was the purified essence of delicious. Teal liked putting things like that in jars. It was useful. And fun!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:18 am 
New Madsci

Shay blinks at the taste. "...Delicious. How can a flesh bag make this?" He/she eats some more.

"In response to your question, I do not make all of the robots, no. Most of them make other robots. I experament to make better ones, so that eventually they can replace all flesh bags on the planet."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 am 

Kid Atomic shakes his head at Scientist Shay's comments. "Whatever, Slick." He aims a retro futuristic ray gun at the duck Reginald called colonel. "As for you-you're fixin' to get your feathers singed. Call off Huey, Dewy, Louie, and the rest of the troops."
Reginald squawks apopletically, sputtering in his wrath.
"All right then! One ticket to Squaresville, comin' up!" He fires-and Reginald indeed has all of his feathers singed off of him.
Kid Atomic grins, and starts up his rocket cycle. "Feelin' a chill, Phil? Be glad I had it on the lowest setting." He looks over at the others. "Anybody want a ride? I can take one. Speak up quick-it's duck season, and I'm going to have some fun!"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Last edited by chicgeek on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm 

Teal beams when her nyam is complimented. "I take the concept of delicious, liquidate it, and put it in a jar!"

She looks at the robots again. "Why do you need to replace the meat-people? Is there not enough room for all the robots you want? Couldn't you just put the meat-people a little bit off to the l-hat?" She thought about Uncle Crash. "How do you feel about a flesh-bag that's a robot? Do they have to just get semi-replaced? Are your fleshy bits going to get replaced? Would the robots work better if you enhanced their sensory input?"

This person was fun! And the robots were nifty, too.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm 
New Madsci

Shay sighs. "...I hate flesh bags. And I hate them becouse they try to get rid of the supior beings, namely robots. That is also why I must remove them and not just move them. Either they must be turned into a robot by downloading there brains, as I intend to as soon as I perfect the robotic brain, or they must be destroyed. After all, they are not robots." He/she states that with such certainty that it's like it's just common sense. Like the sky is blue or water is wet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:52 pm 

Teal hopped up and down a bit. "Yay robot brains! ...wait, you want to destroy ALL the flesh-bags? Even Mamee and Dadee?" She wasn't sure if Bee Bee really counted as a flesh-bag or not. He wasn't really 'flesh.'

Her ears drooped. "Do you hate me, too? Awww..." She was all sad, now. And she'd been trying really hard to be nice and polite, too...

"And Uncle Crash is too both... he's a robot and he's all fleshy."

Sniffle... stupid person, hating her... She poked at a rock with her spear despondently.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:11 pm 
New Madsci

"I intend to offer all flesh bags an upgrade to become a robot. All those that don't comply will be destroyed, yes. That does not mean I hate them. They are mearly infearor beings that are in the way of progress, much like ants."

It only made sense. After all, while flesh bags do have there uses, sooner or later he/she will complete his/her upgrades to robot-kind. After that, then they are obsolete. He/she is doing a service, offering to upgrade them. He/she doesn't understand why people get upset.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:54 pm 

Teal frowned, confused. "But... you just said you hated flesh bags... I think?"

That wasn't the important thing. "Yay! You don't hate me!" She hopped up and down excitedly again. "You can upgrade me into a robot? That'd be neat! I'd have to ask Mamee and Dadee, though. Does it matter if there's already a robot me? How come you haven't upgraded yourself, anyway? You still have meat bits."

She paused. There was something else bugging her.. oh! "And Uncle Fredric baps people who say that catgirls are inferior... I'm not inferior." She glared at him. "I'm NOT! I'm smart and everything! And so are Mamee and Aunt Claire!"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:04 pm 
New Madsci

a"Hm... it appears I contridicted myself. I must fix that flaw." Apparently his/her proccessing functions weren't fully upgraded yet...

"Anyway, I still have meatbits at the insistance of my flawed robotic assistant, who is now dead. My flawed flesh bits are help me assimilate with flesh bags. Also, I have nothing against cat girls. However, all flesh bags are inferior, but I would be willing to upgrade you if you wanted. However, as a flawed flesh bag, you are probably not aware that the brain to machine process is not as of yet, perfected."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:30 pm 

Teal was so confused.

"How do flesh bits help you assimilate with other people who are flesh? Can't you just be a robot and talk to people? And what do you mean the brain to machine process isn't perfected? Mii-chu uploads himself all the time! And it's how Aunt Jennifer gets re-updated every time she dies. And I think that Mister Sib guy did it, too. Is it just yours that isn't perfected? Oh! Can I help? Please please please? Mii-chu says I'm a REALLY good Handy Item!"

Maybe if she helped, she'd get to see the person's robotics stuff! That would be awesome!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:45 pm 
New Madsci

Shay sighs. "Flesh bags ask to many questions... my 'fleshy bits' help me look more normal. The brain to motherboard process is perfect for individuals, but I am finding some difficulty making it so that it is easy to create it so that it is easy to reproduce with others. Mixing, yes, but truly reproducing to create good child, no. I am also having some trouble transfering such elements as 'Luck' and 'Soul' for more then a few years at a time. And you want to... help? ...why would you want to help?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:11 pm 

Teal considered. "I think you'd look more normal if you were all robot. And I'm not good. I'm not sure I'm evil, though. I haven't picked yet. But helping is fun! And robots are fun! And making stuff is fun! And it sounds like I'd get to do all three! I'm good at finding stuff... I dunno what you're talking about with that mixing and reproducing and all that, but I can find stuff and build stuff and poke things! And I'm strong!" She pointed at one of the big, heavy spiders. "I could probably lift that. Do you want me to try?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:48 pm 
New Madsci

Shay hmmms. He/she has become attached to his/her fleshy form... that is a problem. "If you can lift one, I would be quite impressed. As a fleshy form, you would prove yourself to be superior in strength to most."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:57 pm 

Teal beamed. "Yay! I'm not inferior anymore!" She ran over to one of the spiders, struggling to get a proper handhold. She wasn't as strong as Aunt Claire, but these things weren't THAT heavy...

With a few peeps and meeps, she managed to lift the spider, eventually holding it over her head. "Yay! I did it!" She put the spider down, rather quickly. It was heavy, after all.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:10 pm 
New Madsci

"Fascinating. Why are you so much stronger then other flesh bags? It is quite unusual. Maybe I can copy it for some machines." His mechanical hand starts making some cooling noises. "Notes taken." The sounds quite. "Next step, disection."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:15 pm 

Teal blinked. "...peep?"

Dissection? "I don't wanna be killed! It would hurt and Mamee would be cross with me... and then I wouldn't get to help you with the robots!"

She pouted and poked at one of the robots with her spear. "I wouldn't even dissect that well! Oh, and I don't think you can kill me. I'm pretty sturdy."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:29 pm 
New Madsci

"Ah. You appear to be mistaken. I had no reason to kill you; I just require to dissect you. If you wish, I do have flesh bag medicen to remove the pain. It might have other effects, though." Not that he/she cares. Flesh bags aren't robots, after all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:35 pm 

Teal frowned. "If you do it while I'm ALIVE, it's VIVISECTION, not dissection. You aren't very good at being a robot, are you?"

She poked the robot again. "And I don't medicate well, either. I don't want to have you cut me open, at any rate. People get in trouble when they try to do that, and it hurts."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:22 pm 
New Madsci

(Yeah, it's no problem, Zobot. I like the Howard the duck reference, too.)
Rumor grins and hops onto the cycle. "Sure. Nothing like some good duck hunting. Haven't played that in a while."
He pats himself down and then sighs. "Could we stop by my apartment? I need to grab my stunner."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:16 pm 

"Hang on, just a sec." Kid Atomic has heard the cat girl ask what year it is. Let's see, blue and green, has a spear....Teal. Has to be. With Laitu for an apprentice, and Claire dating Rolf, he's pretty well up on the catgirl who's who.
"Yo, Teal! We can squeeze you on the cycle, come on!"
Kid Atomic turns back to Rumor. "We'll swing by your pad, no problem. But I'm not leavin' the youngster there to the mutant ducks and robots...even if she is strong enough to pick up a tank. So, what's your handle, Slim?"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 am 
New Madsci

[ :oops: I feel so embaressed making that mistake. Ehehehe...]

Shay blinks. "...hmph. I appear to have flaws in my circutry. And if you will not let my vivisect you, then will you let me have my tiny robots explore and map your insides?" Of course, permision doesn't matter. He/she'd do in anyway, but it's polite to ask first.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 am 

Teal looked at the person, twitching an ear. "I don't think Mamee would like THAT, either..."

She turned to Mister Atomic. "I can ride the motorcycle? Really? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" She somehow managed to tuck her eight-foot long spear into her coat and she ran over to him. "Motorcycle! Bye, Mister/Miss Person!" She waved to the person with the spiders, climbing onto the motorcycle and bouncing excitedly. "Can you make it fly? Pleasepleaseplease?"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:30 pm 
New Madsci

"Goodbye, flesh bag." He/she then turns to Rumor. "...What kind of flesh bag are you?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next