Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mad Sci Wars Tshirt Sayings
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:39 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Okay, in chat we keep coming up with cool tshirt ideas reflecting the various characters.
It goes without saying that Demo's art, Claire's cartoons, Revel's character shots, ect. would be awesome.
What would you like to see, for your character, or someone elses?
Here's some we've already come up with.

Picture of Harp and Wicket-"Don't make us psychoanalyze you."

Claire-"YAY! SPLODY!" (hugging a nuke, or surrounded by dynamite)

Hot Jammy Shark Death!

Danny Ex Machina

We need one for the Dr.Io fanclub, too.
I know there were more, but that's all I can remember. So, what's your all's ideas?

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject: Re: Mad Sci Wars Tshirt Sayings
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:44 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

I like to take this time to point out that also in chat I have passed out "If I could type, I would be dangerous" club jackets.

I think we should also have a shirt about Dr. Amino and her quantum napkin bombs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:50 pm 

We need the 'Mad science sneers at _____...' Series.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 am 

Hmmm....

A jacket, or a shirt with a jacket print on it(like those t-shirts that have the tux print) and the word quantum written across the back.

DOOM!(TM)!!! with the O's wrapping around the shirt a couple of times and some fine print at the bottom about the Kinestro Trademarks.

maybe a series with Hawk's ghost Claire facts.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:41 pm 

Okay, one for Dr.Beard. she used this awesome line in chat. (although, to be fair, it'd work for any mad biologist.)

"Back away now and I might leave your genome intact."

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:26 am 

I think a 'Empire of Eta' henchmen shirt would be fun.

And also, the imortal 'VIKTORY for VIKTOR!' booty dance t shirt is in order.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 pm 

maybe the nightly moral message for chat?

"And remember kids, a mad indeed, is no friend in need."

"And remember kids, only you can stop the dumping of catgirls in a lake."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:57 pm 

More because i think they are cool and you folks at least pretend to like them too!

And remember kids, no wiffling the wifflers or your wiffle will get wiffled!

And remember kids, A zoo for one is a zoo for all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:03 am 
Established Mad Scientist

Location: What is a location but a point in a world without meaning?
Ask Me About My Death Ray.

Surrounded By Fools

This is, of course assuming you are not figments of my imagination. Of course, it is impossible for you to be, as your imagination is simply the application of things you have learned in new ways. If nothing was real, then I would not have any experiences, and thus no imagination.

"Science does not have a moral dimension. It is like a knife. If you give it to a surgeon or a murderer, each will use it differently."
- Wernher von Braun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:44 pm 

"Soon the World Will Tremble Before my Eggs!"

...I swear I stole that from Psychonauts.

Here's a bit more of an original one:

"Lab Subject #3347-B. WARNING! HIGHLY DANGEROUS!"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:52 pm 

Copy and paste the whole of the Wikipedia article on Metacognition and have that ALL OVER the shirt, with Revel looking contemplative at the bottom...

This is, of course assuming you are not figments of my imagination. Of course, it is impossible for you to be, as your imagination is simply the application of things you have learned in new ways. If nothing was real, then I would not have any experiences, and thus no imagination.

"Science does not have a moral dimension. It is like a knife. If you give it to a surgeon or a murderer, each will use it differently."
- Wernher von Braun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:03 am 

I think this can't be done without one that has a lemon and a table leg. I think that is a great quote. Yay
Revel!

Someone should put these on CafePress. <.< ... >.>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 am 

Heh an image of of a half filled cup and the saying "You may see the glass half empty/full but we see a new way to make a deaythray." Or something to that extent. (Note to self, trim down the sentence to flow better)

Last edited by Hawkwolf on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:31 pm 

Half-Full, Half-Empty, or Not Enough?

- Wernher von Braun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:12 pm 

That reminds me of a saying, "Optimists see the glass as half full. Pessimists see it as half empty. Engineers want to know why that glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:22 am 

hmmm, maybe an adjustment for mad scientists: 'Optimists see the glass as half full. Pessimists see it as half empty. Mad scientists see that some fool will be gaining a third arm soon.'

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:15 pm 
Hyperkeeper

How about "If you can read this, it's already too late"? It's going to show up in one of the Perfects stories... or it has. Can't remember.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:30 pm 

Rose holding a cup of coffee, half asleep with "@#^$ &#&@^ $^&#$^ *&^#@$* ^*$#&@^" Printed on it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 pm 

ok, so I brought this idea to claire's attention and she seemed doubtful of it's success, but suggested I present it to everyone.

So, what if we put these shirt ideas on cafepress to raise money to pay for a madsci wars convention? I doubt it would be anything big, possibly just paying for part/all of hotel rooms for everyone and gas money to get to a mutually accessible spot.

I'm interested enough to offer to provide art for the cafepress stuff and maybe commissioned art to whoever would pay.

*shrug* What do you all think?

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:52 pm 

It sounds like a neat idea-can't hurt to try, right? And I'd love for us to have a convention someday. But there'd be a lot of details to iron out.
We'd have to get everyone who contributed a saying and/or art to agree that we use the money excluisvely for hotel rooms, ect., no matter if they can personally attend the convention. And someone would have to be in charge of the finances.
I don't want to toss cold water on the idea. And who knows? Perhaps one of the spiffy designs might catch on!
Demo, it's generous of you to offer to provide cafepress art. Thank you.
If we go ahead, I'd suggest anyone with a web page add a link to the cafe press stuff on their site.

Oh, and very important. We need a tshirt not just for a character, but for the mad scientist wars forum itself!

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:29 pm 
New Madsci

"Peter Anspach was right!" (works better if the words are smoking or smoldering a bit...)

Last edited by rrreed on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:56 am 

I'd be happy to to help out with images, if anyone were to give me a list of the desired quote sayings...

- Wernher von Braun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm 

Heh in that case, we need an official "Ghost Claire hunter" t-shirt

And "Chat, the backstage of Madness" Course thinking aobut it, no one would get wither of these two unless they are a regular forum goer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:01 pm 

tooting my own horn makes me nervous but, how about "vote for..." with the slogan and a corresponding pic?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:05 pm 

Okay-I think the following are good all purpose mad sayings that anyone would like, even folks that have never heard of the MSW.
From SIB-
Quote:
How about "If you can read this, it's already too late"? It's going to show up in one of the Perfects stories... or it has. Can't remember.

From Demo-
Quote:
hmmm, maybe an adjustment for mad scientists: 'Optimists see the glass as half full. Pessimists see it as half empty. Mad scientists see that some fool will be gaining a third arm soon.'

From Zobot-
Quote:
"Lab Subject #3347-B. WARNING! HIGHLY DANGEROUS!"

From Revel-
Quote:
Ask Me About My Death Ray.

Surrounded By Fools

Dr.Beard-
Quote:
["Back away now and I might leave your genome intact."

/quote]
From Hawk-
Quote:
"If I could type, I would be dangerous"

Now, the other quotes were cool, but mainly for us. Anyway, I think this batch, possiblly with art (?), would make good cafe press items. Thoughts?

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:37 pm 

If this is still a thing that could happen, I would love some of these shirts.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:31 pm 

We really should set up a Cafe Press or something one of these days.

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:30 pm 
New Madsci

With apologies to Jim Butcher (I think):

"Conquering the world, one random act of destruction at a time!"

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:07 pm 

Nice one, rrread. And love your icon!

C Valente