Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:11 am 
Offline
Hyperkeeper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: Xyon City
SiB blinked, reopened the door he had just come through, shook his head as if to clear it, and lit the lamps in the room. Wha.....?

Then, he opened the bookcase secret passage and proceeded to the passage's intersection.

_________________
Welcome to the promised LAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:50 am 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
~SiB~

For some irritating reason, the door behind him is now locked. When looking for the copy of 'Advanced Bioclank Circuitry' that Helena found, he can't find it on the bookshelf. Not only that, but the button on the second shelf from the bottom seems to have vanished entirely.

~Mikhail and co~

After walking for some time, they reach a set of stairs leading upward. The passage continues on past the stairs.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:21 am 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
Mikhail grumbles something under her breath, in a language the others don't understand. Which is probably just as well.
"Splitting up is a bad idea. Besides, whatever the others found would be different when we came back, anyway. We go onward."
Continue following the passageway.

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 am 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
~Mikhail and co~

After walking for some time, they reach another set of stairs leading upward. The curved passage continues on past the stairs.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:43 am 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
Once again, Mikhail and company ignore the stairs to continue following the passage.

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 am 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
~Mikhail and co~

After walking for even more time, they reach yet another set of stairs leading upward. The curved passage once again continues on past the stairs.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:20 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
Mikhail grumbles. "This is what, the third set of stairs?" She pulls out a pen, and makes a mark on the stairs. Upon refection, she also pulls out a knife and makes a scratch. "I should have been doing this all along. From now on, we're stopping to mark stairs, et cetera, et cetera." Hopefully this is just a long passage, and they haven't been going in circles.
"Let's move it, people. Quicker, if we can."
Onward, through the passageway.
Mikhail will stop and mark any stair, any side turnings, ect. as they go.

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:54 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
~Mikhail and co~

The set of stairs is hard, but after working for a bit Mikhail manages to scratch out a reasonable mark.

The group continues walking. They pass and mark two more sets of stairs before coming across a set of stairs with a mark scratched on it, as well as a pen mark.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:34 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
Mikhail does more grumbling in the unidentifiable language, and Emilee stifles a giggle. "All right!" She throws her hands up into the air. "UP the stairs we go. raza frazza secret tunnels....."

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:27 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
~Mikhail and co~

Promptly find themselves back in the dining room.

The butler chimes in. "Um, pardon me for intruding, Miss, but perhaps I could help? Where are you trying to go?"

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:37 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
Mikhail takes a deep breath. "We began in the study, and the secret doors just kept leading us random places. We have found puddles of blood, bloody fingerprints, a bloody costume-everything except a body! And our host." She pulls out a small pad of paper, and a pencil. "Describe him for me. Tell me where it's right, and where it isn't." Mikhail begins to sketch to the butler's description. At the least, they'll end up with a rough description. Can't hurt.
Emilee chimes in. "After you're done, I vote we go back to the ballroom for a little while. Perhaps if we confer with some of the others, it will grow clearer? And butler-the two staircases we didn't take-where did they come out?"

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:07 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
~Mikhail and co~

The butler starts with Emilee's question. "They both end in sitting rooms, miss."

He frowns when asked for a description, but obliges. However, he seems unwilling or unable to give a proper description, however, repeatedly contradicting himself.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:09 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
Mikhail puts away her small sketchpad, with a frown. Here their master is missing, possible dead, and he's playing dumb? There's more to this than meets the eye.
Emilee steps up. "Which way is the quickest way to get back to the ballroom?"
If the butler is unhelpful, they'll just go through the closest door.

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:31 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
~Mikhail and co~

The butler points to the painting concealing the door they came through. "Through that door, into the second half of the kitchen. There's a hidden door on your left that you can access by a switch behind the woodpile. Then head straight through the resulting room, and you'll be in the ballroom."

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:03 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
Mikhail nods.They return, and she looks for the switch. "All right-unless someone has a better idea, that's what we do. First, let's search a little more. "She and Emilee check any cupboards they missed the first time-they checked the icebox and oven already. Are there any painting in the kitchen?

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:33 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:16 am
Posts: 4461
Location: California
-Sirrah-

"No, you can;t take SOME of the silver! Don;t put that in your mouth! YOU! In the frog costume! Stop muttering about blowing up Australia!"

....he was busy babysitting a bunch of thieves and, apparently, madmen. Mad-frogs. And something about the house kind of gives you a headache. Maybe he should see what Mikhals doing....

"GET away from the wainscoting already!"
Or... maybe they needed looking after.

Andre blinks, and turns to Jimothy.

"Oh good! I was... um. I found her... but she was knocked out, in a secret passage. I would explore it... but she's hurt." he was blushing, and he didn't know why. He felt flustered, somehow... normally he was really composed and... his little girl had been hurt. And Jimothy was... really nice.

...eep.


Bené now had THREE CORDS OF WIRE, which he was sliding into his pocket. He looked around, and idly listened for something interesting going on... he knew there would be something.

....was that... gears?

_________________
"Only If It's Funny".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:26 am 
Offline
Heh heh heh.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:02 am
Posts: 1324
Location: Behind you
Helena shook her head. She was getting nowhere, it seemed. Time to meet up with Emilie again— there were some prospects there.

She decided to head back to the ballroom, and then to find Emilie. She'd need to figure out how to best suggest a partnership of sorts between 'Odelle' and 'Chicanery'— without getting clubbed over the head first, or any other number of undesirable things.

With a swirl of skirts, she set out.

_________________
"My conscience is feeling all prickly."
"A bit of absolute power can remedy that."
Kid Radd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:52 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
Quote:
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 am » I'm going to end it here.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 am » Actually.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 am » He's in the room with the bloodstain and the harpsicord.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 am » No. He;s just doofing about.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 am » (Where is bene, anyway? O is that a secret?)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 am » (we're ALMOST done for the night, Tinker)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 am » Helena: [bats her eyelashes] You're too kind. [accepts mint, examines closely]
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 am » I'm just declaring Sir Caine in the ballroom, since I lost track of him.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 am » ((I'm having fun, but I;m going to pass out soon...))
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 am » Emilee is here-she was with M ikhail.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 am » SiB: [@Helena] Want a mint, dear lady?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 am » Mikhail: *shows Sirrah the map she found*First floor, second ring.'V' is the cleaning supplies, 'W' is the tea room, and 'X' and 'P' are bathrooms.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 am » "Is there anything, any last one single thing... that might be relevant? Hmmm?"
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 am » Bene isn't in the ballroom... I think that's it, though.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 am » Ballroom.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 am » André turns to the servants.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 am » Where's Emilie?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 am » The servents are all looking fretful and uncomfortable.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 am » ... I know I said I'd post letters, but I actually can't remember which ones people have found...
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:46 am » Post up in the lounge thing again.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:45 am » Andrew paces, with Eclaire on.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:45 am » Sirrah: So, likely the attack weapon... and yet, no corpse yet.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 am » Mikhail strolls over to Sirrah. "I hate secret passages...." *grumpy* "I found a bloody knife in a sink, though. It matches tthe ones in the kitchen.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 am » [Helena: Yay!]
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 am » Sounds good. You've got maps and letters.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 am » ...Discuss events and discoveries?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 am » TO THE BALLROOM! *trumpet fanfare*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 am » (Jane, you're here, too)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 am » What does EVERYONE do?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 am » Eclair is still hugging her Da.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 am » Ok. The crew upstairs is back in the ballroom, too, since all you had to do was go down the staircase.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 am » [SiB: Bluh bluh.]
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 am » SiB has made it to the ballroom!
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 am » .
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 am » SiB opens the door in the long side.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 am » (people's voices noise)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 am » There's noise coming from beyond the door in the long side of the triangle.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 am » The room is shaped like an obtuse isosceles triangle, with three tables along it. There is a door on the right half of the long side of the triangle (looking toward the obtuse angle). There are two other doors, each in the middle of the other two sides of the triangle. There is no carpet, the flooring the same marble as the ballroom. The walls are a stained wood, with no trim. The table at the far end is empty except for a small, round metallic object and some scraps of paper. The middle table has some simple sandwiches, fruit, a water pitcher, and a few other snack things on it, as well as some plates, cups and utensils. The closest table has a few chairs around it, as well as some empty plates on it.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:41 am » ARGH. He backpedlas and tries the door to the right of where he came in originally.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:40 am » That door opens to the kitchen, albiet through a hidden door he hadn't seen when he was originally there.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 am » SiB tries the door on the left of where he came in originally.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 am » *snerk*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 am » ....*notes that teal tore off a mouthfull of sleeve*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:38 am » If you count the hidden door, there's a door on each wall. The door SiB came in was directly opposite the hidden door.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:38 am » *tugs teal off of my sleeve, gently, and hands her to Rando*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 am » Teal: *all sleepily*
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 am » SiB backpedals a room, reenters the blue sitting room, and looks to see what other doors there are.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 am » Teal: *nyams on your sleeve a bit*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 am » Teal: *yaaaaawn*
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:36 am » *carries teal to her dad for tuckins, sincs it;s pretty late for small kitties*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:35 am » Teal: *hugs Tinker's hand* Peeeep...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:35 am » *pats a confuzzled sleepy teal*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 am » *still totally blaming Teal for everything*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 am » Hee hee hee hee...
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 am » Although that would've been an interesting plot twist, if I could've found a way for it to make any sense at all.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 am » Yes. SiB finds himself, stabbed- no, it's just an expression.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 am » (Hey, I'm trying to find my way to the ballroom....)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 am » "Finds himself"?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 am » Wheee!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 am » (I'd like to skip to the ballroom soon, by the way, just to give you a heads up)
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:31 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:31 am » SiB finds himself in the bathroom where Mikhail found the knife earlier. There's a door on his left.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:31 am » Ahem.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 am » (also, I really, REALLY like secret passages and hidden doors...)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 am » (in my defense, all the hidden doors and secret passages were put in way back... I just didn't know how many was 'too many')
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 am » SiB takes a step back from the floor directly in front of the painting, then grabs and turns the lever.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 am » (i.e. you can grab it and turn it if you want to)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 am » I figured.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 am » There's actually a handel in the painting. It's just painted all sandy-colored.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 am » Heh. Ok.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 am » Yep.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 am » *?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 am » The suspicious painting" :P
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 am » Now, SiB closely examines the painting.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 am » SiB does pocket a few mints, though. Just in case.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 am » (you could take some with you, and test them on someone else...)
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 am » .
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 am » . . . I'll pass, thanks.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 am » hey;re just regular turn your mouth blue mints.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:25 am » (For the record, it's 18XX. Helen Narbon didn't invent gender-swapping mints until 200X.)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:25 am » (what Tinker said)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 am » [SiB: It's the smell. It's a bit.... too perfect.]
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 am » How would you be able to tell? :3
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 am » Are they gender-swapping mints! Duh!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 am » Are they what?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 am » The wall directly ahead of you has a painting of a desert with a large worm in it, which is suspicious for no other reason than it's being described.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 am » SiB examines the mints. Are they....?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 am » ....eat a mint!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 am » There's a door to your left, and one to your right.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 am » Ok, through the door, you enter a sitting room in a very deep blue, with quite a lot of art that the people in the audience would probably recognize from various books and such were I to describe it. There's a desk with some drawers in one corner with a letter on it, and a tray of mints on one of the dainty tables. There are the usual array of chairs and couches and such in the room.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 am » (hee)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 am » *hums the Myst soundtrack*
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:18 am » And the letter, too.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:18 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:18 am » (If you pass the letter around later, there'll be someone who recognizes the name of the husband and wife)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:17 am » SiB takes the key, then heads out the door.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:16 am » oooooh.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:16 am » There's a key with a '3' in the handle in the toychest.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:16 am » The picture-puzzle is of a family with two small children, a boy and a girl. The letter is adressed to a husband and wife, from someone who is clearly their friend, commenting on how freaky and disturbing the house is, and how they should just sell it and move out as soon as they possibly can.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:15 am » (by the way, the kitchen is like twich the size of the other rooms, for those of you trying to figure out what's up with the maps)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:14 am » SiB examines the picture-puzzle. Then, the letter. Then he opens the chest, and the drawer inside the chest.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:14 am » *door to the LEFT
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:14 am » A letter is laying on the floor next to the ball. There's a half-empty toychest in one corner, and one door to SiB's right. SiB came through a section of the wall that slid away, which he can see is connected to a nearby (empty) candleholder.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:12 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:12 am » (description not finished, one sec)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:12 am » (I'm just happy because someone stumbled into this room...)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:12 am » The room is dark, and there’s a thick layer of dust over the floor. The room is done in pastels, with a border of faded, peeling balloon wallpaper at the top. Scattered around the room are a variety of children’s toys, including a half-finished puzzle and a deflated ball.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:11 am » ...progress?
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:11 am » (Wait, what's the applause for?)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:11 am » *applause*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:10 am » (Yay!)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:10 am » SiB looks where the door-directly-across opens to.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 am » No.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 am » Uh.... if SiB were to open all the doors, one would be to the ballroom, right?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 am » You can see two doors besides the one you came in- there's one directly across from that door, and one way off to your left (it's a big room)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 am » (Helena: Awww.)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 am » What door to the ballroom?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 am » *snerk*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 am » (@SiB- a gentleman plans ahead and brings his own ingredients)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 am » SiB heads into the door to the ballroom.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 am » [SiB: No sleeping powders? No hallucinogens? What shall I give to Helena at the end of the evening?]
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:05 am » There are cutting boards and knives and morters and pedestals and stuff... there's nothing particularly odd about the ingredients, though.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:05 am » .
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:04 am » Before he goes into the ballroom, he can't resist doing a search. Is there anything non-food among the ingredients of the kitchen?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:03 am » I'll add that to the 'list of things that were totally supposed to happen, I swear' and move on.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:03 am » SiB opens the door and finds himself in the kitchen.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:03 am » Hee!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:03 am » Anway.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:03 am » Good lord... I think I forgot to move the house at 10:30...
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:03 am » After two minutes, he heads in towards the ballroom.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:02 am » Okay, SiB is outside the door at 11:00. He breathes the chill night air, and waits a minute to allow anything cataclysmic (that might happen) to happen while he's not there.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:01 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:01 am » Yeah, sure.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:01 am » (I'd prefer to have SiB be just outside the door at 11:00. Is that okay?)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:01 am » SiB digs for a bit. He doesn't find anything interesting.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:00 am » (if he wants to be inside before 11:00, I'll let him do that)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:00 am » Right, and then dig. If he doesn't find anything, he'll head back to the main house.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:00 am » (outside is also pretty big, so it takes a while to walk around)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:00 am » Also, it's now 11:00.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 am » He does find a path in the woods, though. He can go left, right, or straight.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 am » He can try digging, if he really, really wants to.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 am » Yaaay!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 am » SiB doesn't see any buried pirate treasure aboveground.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 am » The DM managed to find her drawing of the outside.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:58 am » Okay then.... SiB looks for buried pirate treasure.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:57 am » Ok! SiB heads into the woods!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:57 am » (although that might help you figure out which room is which)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:57 am » And my apologies for inability to recognize when things are upside-down.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 am » Replace 'tea room' from 'room with the picture of the woman in the kimono'
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 am » (Watch out for grues, Sib!)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 am » (based on the fact that the certain letters look the same as each other upside down...)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 am » SiB goes into the woods.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 am » (also, I have an errata from earlier)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 am » Okay.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 am » Ooh! Outdoors!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 am » Ok, back in the room with the beds, SiB picks the 'right' option from previously. This door leads outside. He can see a garden a bit aways to his left, and some woods to his right.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:54 am » SiB turns around, and heads to the door that was on the right of the beds room when he came in.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:53 am » SiB is now in that black-and-white bathroom Ineffable was in earlier. Someone appears to have stolen one of the tiles. The room is triangluar, with doors in each of the three walls.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:52 am » SiB goes in the one to the left of where he came in.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:52 am » Uhhh... there are four doors, one in each wall... if you want to open another door, just pick 'left', 'right', or 'straight ahead'...
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 am » Which door did he come in?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 am » Night, Demo!
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 am » night, Demo.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 am » Goodnight, Demo!
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 am » (ok, I need to work on a paper so I'm gonna head to bed now so I'm fresh for it... g'night all)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 am » This room has a whopping FOUR doors, one in each wall.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 am » (*snerksover the undies*
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 am » SiB takes a look at what doors are in this room.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 am » (we're going to have everyone head down to the ballroom, but we aren't going to finish tonight- it's up to you)
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 am » (ok, since Zo's sort of gone anyway and with him ineffable/Jimothy... should I stay up, or just head to bed and pick this up in the forum later?)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 am » The drawers have clothes in them. SiB finds some very nice lady's underwear.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:48 am » (aw.)
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:48 am » (aww...)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:48 am » Awwww....
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:48 am » It's a letter. It's addressed to someone named 'Mary Elizabeth MacGinnis Rogerson', who the writer just calls 'Mary', and it's asking why she hasn't written back in so long. It has a slightly heartbroken tone. The letter is dated from about 2 and a half years ago.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:48 am » (are you the court chester?)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:47 am » (Sorry, just chesting around a bit)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:46 am » Okay, SiB opens the chests and the drawers. Or, if that's impossible, just the drawers. :)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:46 am » Anyway, the piece of paper!
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:46 am » (yep)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:46 am » (that's a thing, right?)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:46 am » Chests of drawers...
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 am » Er.... or was that chests of drawers....?
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 am » You said they were drawers of chests.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 am » Err... chests in the drawers?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 am » .
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 am » SiB examines the paper, then opens the drawers, and the chests in the drawers.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:44 am » Pfft.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:44 am » Ah, ok
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am » This is why the two of us don't try to be logged on at once, usually.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am » Oops. Sorry. I think I am typing this into the wrong window.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am » ????
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am » The room with the beds is reasonably large, with 4 beds. Each bed has a trunk at the foot of it. There are two washbins, a table with some maps on it that are no longer interesting, (at least for SiB), and four chests of drawers. There's a piece of paper sticking out ever so slightly from under one of the beds.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am » What's the beds room like?
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:41 am » SiB3 vanishes. Only SiB2 remains, which shall now be denoted as SiB once more.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:41 am » *head pats*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 am » *stairs
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 am » Gah
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 am » *stars
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 am » Secret passage- The steps lead downward into the secret passage. At the bottom of the stairs, the passage splits, curving to the left and the right. The secret passage itself is made of stone, although it contains no dust or cobwebs. Although there are holders for candles in the walls, no candles are present. Someone's scratched a mark into the staris.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 am » (1 sec)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 am » Yes
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 am » Can I get detailed descriptions of the beds room and the passage?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 am » (you still have 2 SiBs- pick one)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 am » ((Sib. Enough.))
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 am » (I just absorbed SiB1!)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 am » I can provide more detailed descriptions of the rooms, if you want me to.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 am » SiB3 flips a coin, and goes left if heads and right if tails.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 am » SiBn now must pick one SiB to be, partly because of weird stuff going on with the walls and the house, but mostly because the DM is attempting to stay sane.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 am » SiB1 vanishes.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 am » Tables and tea things. Sirrah found some broken glass in this room.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 am » What's the tea room again?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 am » SiB1 is in the tea room. SiB2 is in a large room with a decent number of beds. SiB3 goes down into the secret passage, which splits into 2.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 am » ((....um.))
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:34 am » (Incidentally, you know where all the irons are...?)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:34 am » SiB1 goes straight. SiB goes into the door on the left. Finally, SiB3 takes the secret passage.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 am » What does SiB do?
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 am » SoItBegins splits into three, who I will refer to at this time as SiB1, SiB2, and SiB3.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 am » To no one's suprise who's been concious for more than half the game.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 am » EclairOOC: I'm suprised...
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 am » Okay.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 am » To absolutely no one's suprise, there's another secret passage.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 am » .
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 am » Then stands back.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 am » SiB pushes the button.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 am » Everything else is pretty much 'where there's space for it'
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 am » brb
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 am » He came through a door. There's another door directly across, and then one to his left.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:31 am » What's the configuration of the room / its doors?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 am » The room has one locked door, the one SiB came through. The other two are unlocked. The key doesn't fit in any of them.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 am » *door(s).
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 am » It was Helena. SiB pockets the key, and tries it on the room's locked door(s0>
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:28 am » Looking closely at the bookshelf, you do find a button, but it's definitely not in the same place as the one (I think it was Helena, anyway) that Helena found earlier.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:27 am » (1 sec)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:27 am » Actually, yeah. The pot with the fern has a key with the letter 'V' stamped in the handel.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:27 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:26 am » *snerk*
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:26 am » Okay. Seriously, is there anything of note {1} in the bookshelf {2} in the pot with the fern?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:26 am » Nothing else of note happens.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:26 am » SiB has amused the DM.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:26 am » *snerk*
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:25 am » SiB memorizes the music with a glance, then plays the theme to "Caramelldansen" on the harpsichord.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:25 am » SiB, you find the sheet music to Braham's Hungarian #5 in G Minor on the Harpsichord.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:24 am » We can move downstairs. After this. ^^
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:24 am » SiB examines the harpsichord closely.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 am » Ok, SiB, you are in a green room with a harpsichord. There are three doors, and a bookcase without the Advance Biometrics for Clanks book. What do you do?
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 am » [SiB: Dancing to the Phoenix Wright Mamboleo, thanks to JN]
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 am » brb
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am » *sorry
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am » Worry, I thought you meant in a time manner or something.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am » This is true...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am » That works.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am » I'm here. :)
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am » Well, you could decide to rejoin us downstairs, Tinker, and assume that Jimothy's tagging along.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am » I shall ponder.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:21 am » Hmmm... can we switch to SiB for the moment? He needs to catch up, too...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:21 am » Right... but we kinda need Z for that.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 am » I'd like the group upstairs to catch up with the people downstairs before we move on...
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 am » Well, shoot...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 am » See you, Zobot.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 am » later zo
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 am » [Bye.]
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 am » Bye, Zobot.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 am » Aww... alright, Zobot.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 am » I really have to go...sorry
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 am » ... I kinda gotta go, guys. Sorry.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:18 am » Eclair: *Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:18 am » Demsdale:...*shrugs, no idea how any of this works. Will simply maintain guard*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:17 am » (Jimothy? You know some of the correspondences)
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:17 am » brb
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:16 am » André: Hmm... it seems like a system of maps of the house, and how they connect... but without knowing what letter is what room, they;re hard to follow.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:16 am » (That was a MSPA ref)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:16 am » You actually don't have the maps for the outside, but they're irrelevant enough that I never drew them, so that's not a big deal.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:16 am » (Jimothy, I can't actually remember what information you have besides the maps, so if you want to post any of it, feel free)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 am » We have all the maps. All of them.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 am » Now, then. What's the group upstairs doing?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 am » OOCEclair: *still hugging Da*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 am » *snerk*
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 am » OOCEmilee: *pockets the silver*
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 am » OOCMikhail: *Muttered cursing*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 am » OOCSirrah: ....craps.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 am » *off to look*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:13 am » (people downstairs? Let's just say I don't think you'll be needing maps... :twisted: )
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:13 am » Ok, posted, if people want to look at them.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:13 am » André: ...small fuzzy things? I can;t be that lucky in two different cases.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:13 am » One sec.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:12 am » Ok. Since the group upstairs is all together, and Jimothy has all the maps, I'll be posting them in the Steampunk Lounge thing.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:12 am » Demsdale: I would doubt they'd have the leverage needed to knock miss Eclaire out sir
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:11 am » Jimothy: I'd venture to guess it's the culpurit behind this dastardly crime!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 am » André: Fuzzy? How odd...
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 am » Eclair: Noo... I think I got hurt by something else... the things in the secret passage were fuzzy and had claws and stuff... but I didn't hear any claws before I got hit...
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 am » Jimothy: How foul!
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 am » .
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 am » Demsdale: Yes, they seem to dislike light sir. I managed to grab one, but when I brought it out into the light it dissapeared
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 am » Eclair: I have ears! *hugs Da*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 am » André: This is Eclaire, my daughter. She got hurt by... somethings. In the secret passage.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:08 am » Ineffable: She's pretty good for sidetracking one's train of thought, isn't she?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:08 am » Eclair: Hi!
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:08 am » Jimothy: Andre... I found these maps! They're important! Also, crazy letters! Crazy letters everywhere! *His expression droops* But I couldn't find- ohheyakittygirl
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:07 am » Demsdale:*isn't a detective sort, will make sure no skitters or similar are lurking about*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:06 am » Eclair: *confused*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:06 am » Okay, first Andre will... do a silly dance. :)
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 am » Demsdale:Gods miss?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 am » Yes, Jane.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 am » Eclair: *hugs Da*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 am » So that means I'm now Andre?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 am » What do you do?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 am » André: ...so, whos for a romp into a pooky nursery, hmmm?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am » Ahhh, that makes sense.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am » Jimothy: ...quit being so melodramatic
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am » Ineffable is being ineffable.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am » Ineffable: We are chosen by the gooooods!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am » Andre is standing in one of the doorways in the library. Jimothy has just entered the door Andre is looking into, holding a candle.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am » Jimothy: Buh?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am » You are now Demsdale, Andre, Eclair, Ineffable, and Jimothy.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am » Ap, never mind. ^^
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:03 am » Andre, hearing him, will follow hisvoice.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:03 am » Ok! Group change, then!
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:03 am » .
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:03 am » alright, Demsdale will report all of this to Andre
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:03 am » ooo
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:02 am » .
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 am » Demsdale: ah, of course sir.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 am » The new room has a crib, and an unmade child's bed with a colorful train bedspread on it. There’s a toy box in one corner, which is open. There are still some blocks and dolls in it. A baby’s dress is lying on the floor. There’s a large mural of a forest on one wall. There’s a unicorn painted behind one of the trees. Everything is covered in a thick layer of dust.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:00 am » Andre: I saw it.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:00 am » Demsdale:*in the meantime mentions the lab to Andre on the way to the door*
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:00 am » ok
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:59 am » (one sec, typing)
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:59 am » so, dark dusty room?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:58 am » Ah, yes. forgot to say I kept the door open... but yay
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:58 am » Andre hefts claire up on his back, and wonders if hes found anything.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:57 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:57 am » The room, fortunately, has stayed where it was.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:57 am » Ok. You go back, get the candle, and come back.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:56 am » alright, will do. exploring room with candle from library.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:56 am » hm
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:56 am » I'd post like you explored the room with it.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:56 am » Or you can just use that light source.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:55 am » You could go back to the library and get one of the candles.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:55 am » No. They're gas lamps- the gas is piped in from somewhere else to keep them burning.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 am » hmmmm... are the lamps in the bedroom able to be removed from their holders?(he does still have it, but I'd like a better light source)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 am » *?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 am » Does he still have his lighter thing
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:53 am » No. It's huge, and pretty much bolted to the floor.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:53 am » alright, is that arc light fancy thing moveable?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 am » Alright. The new room is dark, with a thick layer of dust covering the floor.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 am » Hi.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 am » hey SiB
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 am » Hi!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 am » Hey
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 am » Hi, SiB!
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:50 am » Hi.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:50 am » .
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:50 am » alright, then Demsdale will indeed try and pick the lock on the door to the right
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:50 am » oh, ok
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:49 am » Sorry.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:49 am » Oh! That's in front of the door that leads to the library.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:49 am » you said there was a welcome mat right in front of a door opposite...
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:48 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:48 am » Errr... I don't understand, I'm sorry. There's the door he came in, one to his left (leads to the library), and the door to the right, which is locked.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:47 am » you said there were three doors, one across the lab right?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 am » Is he going to try to pick that lock, too?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 am » Demsdale:*waves back... stealthily, then goes to check the last door*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 am » Andre smiles, and waves a little.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 am » Eclair waves to him from her Da's back.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 am » The door on the right is locked. The door on the left opens back into the library, where he can see Eclair, Andre, and Ineffable.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:44 am » ok, then Demsdale, again being stealthy, will check each door, making sure to be alert for anything in the lab about to attack him
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:44 am » Huh.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:43 am » . . .
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:43 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:43 am » Door. So you'd read it if you entered through that door.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 am » Heehee
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 am » is the welcome mat facing towards the room or the door?(weird question I know, but it seems it might be important)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 am » (I'll be posting maps soon-ish, so people can look at them then if there's confusion)
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 am » ok
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 am » *nodnod*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 am » Does that make sense?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 am » Each of those two walls have a door in them, but the one to your left is further down the room, since the 'base' is larger than the 'top'
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 am » The wall on the left is the base, and the wall on the right is the top.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:38 am » (not sure how accurate this all has to be...*drawing map*)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:38 am » No... the room's shaped like a trapazoid.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:38 am » so right as in right along the same wall I'm viewing the room from?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 am » (cooolll....)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:36 am » About the size of the main room of the library.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:36 am » It's pretty big.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:36 am » There’s the standard huge crackly thing that serves no purpose besides looking pretty, large tables, chemicals, several bookshelves, notes, a huge mass of turning gears covering the floor, a readout on the wall next to the door, a ticking grandfather clock ten minutes slow, and a floor mat reading ‘welcome’ right in front a door opposite. The room has two other doors besides the one you came in, one to the right, and one slightly left and slightly ahead.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:36 am » what can he see of it from the door? is it big, small, huge?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 am » Alright. Door is picked. The door opens into a laboratory of some sort.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:34 am » yep, pick it if possible, if he has to he'll force it though. someone attacked miss Eclaire, this is offically hostile territory to him now, he could care less whethether he's being rude or not.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:33 am » (could pick it)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:33 am » It looks like he probably could. Is he going to?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:32 am » Can Demsdale pick the lock or force it?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:31 am » The door to the left leads to a bathroom. The door straight ahead is locked.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:30 am » ok, demsdale will check both doors to see what they lead to. Stealthily of course
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:30 am » ((Search for treasure?))
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 am » Bed, wardrobe, end tables on either side of the bed, a couch, a bigger table in front of the couch, and the two doors.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:28 am » Alright. It appears to be a pretty normal bedroom...
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:28 am » . . .
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:28 am » .
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:27 am » Demsdale: hrmmm, strange. *will explore the current room then*
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:27 am » Dun dun dunnn!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:27 am » Eeeeee....
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 am » Looking at it, he can just see something metallic with a lot of insect-like legs before the thing disappears entirely.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:25 am » The thing in Demsdale's hand feels cold, and very thin. He grips it tightly, and opens the door... and his hand starts to close futher, the object losing its tangibility.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:24 am » Demsdale:*is of the stupid brave variety at times*
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:24 am » Demsdale will try and drag it out of the passage into that lit room.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:23 am » Moving quickly, he actually manages to grab it.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:23 am » Go Dem!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:23 am » Eventually, something brushes his leg.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:23 am » The skitters do start up again. They get closer as he waits.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:22 am » .
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:22 am » ok, well in that case Demo's about to do something possibly dangerous. He's going to leave the door open a crac and walk back into the passage and flick shut the lighter, getting rid of the light. Using his hearing and instincts from years of fighting, he'll wait and see if the skitters try anything in the dark. He'll try and grab one if they get close, and drag them out of the passage
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:20 am » (so you're still on the same floor you started on)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:20 am » (the passage went down again before coming to the end, by the way)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 am » They're much quieter, now.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 am » There aren't any skitters coming from the room. Only a few are coming from behind him.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 am » This room contains a king-sized bed with a canopy and a large, elaborately-carved headboard on your right. There’s a door straight ahead, and one to your left. You exit from out of a large wardrobe with no back. This room is lit by gas lamps.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 am » The door opens into a much larger room.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 am » Heehee.. cloakers. I've seen them
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 am » Ok, he'll open the door as quietly as possible and peak through to the other side, keeping an ear out for the skittering noise.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:17 am » (Hee!)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:17 am » ((Ah, just thought of it with the closet... ^^ Ignore me.))
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am » (no...)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am » ((Anyone else ever run into the sentient clothing monsters in Dnd?))
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am » It opens outward.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am » There's a door.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am » anything past the hangers?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am » It's several outfits. They're on hangers.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 am » how much clothing is there? just a single outfit or a pile?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 am » The something appears to be clothing. It can easily be pushed out of the way. In fact, it looks like someone has done just that somewhat recently, as one of the suits is a bit askew.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:14 am » ok, he'll definitly be on guard then, at least a knife in hand. A noise that stays out of sight is usually something not nice. Staying alert he'll approach the something.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:14 am » *video game startle noise!*
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 am » As he walks, he can see something blocking up ahead.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 am » Something just out of sight
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 am » does it stay there when he moves? like something staying just out of sight or similar ahead and behind him?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 am » (heh, it's alright Zo)
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 am » It's coming from ahead of him and behind him, mostly.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:11 am » Can Demsdale locate the source of the sound?
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:11 am » Sorry Demo?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:11 am » (Me, I'm tired and feeling like a fifth wheel a bit. but alright, good luck defeating the insurgency Zo)
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:11 am » Regardless... I'm sorta behind on the Mystery game, so I'm just gonna watch for a bit, ok?
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 am » I'm... recovering.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 am » Eep. That sucks, Zobot.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 am » Alright. He can just barely see where he's going, but there are kind of weird skittery noises, although he can't see anything...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 am » Oooh... you okay, Z?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 am » Oh no....
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 am » oh, should have asked about light... well he'd have a lighter(or victorian equivilant) at least for light.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 am » How are you guys?
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 am » Hey guys. My stomach is currently trying to rebel against my body.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 am » hi, Z!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 am » (It's ok! We just started)
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 am » Urgh. Sorry I'm late.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:08 am » The passage is clean, although it's dark. Does Demsdale have a light source, or his he just feeling his way along?
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 am » (by the way, I'm going to go to the Exalted-style logs for this, since it tends to get pretty busy and I don't want to hold people up by copying the lines individually)
chicgeek « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 am » Hi, Tinker!
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 am » dagnab internet... takes forever to load anything...
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 am » Demsdale:*heading down the passage, looking around for anything that looks dangerous or might be an indicator of such*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 am » Hi!
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 am » Ok, this passage leads up, then flattens out for a while, then leads down again.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:05 am » alright
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:05 am » Alright. Since you're here, let's do that...
Demothesis « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:04 am » He was going to head down the passage.
Claire « Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:04 am » Do we want to start with Demsdale, then? Was he going to explore the secret passage Eclair was in? Or was he just going to follow Andre around?

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:55 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
11 pm

André turns to the servants. "Is there anything, any last one single thing... that might be relevant? Hmmm?"

The servants look at each other, incredibly nervously. Finally, one of the female servants speaks up. "...we found out where Master Banam is."

She walks over to the pedestal with the Tesla device, and pushes. The whole glass case flips back, supported by some almost invisible hinges. Underneath is a large, red button, which she presses.

The series of depressions around the pedestal start to sink into the floor, forming a downward-spiraling staircase.

"You should go talk to him."

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Last edited by Kate on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:16 am
Posts: 4461
Location: California
There is a moment of quiet consideration, before André quietly nods a little- letting sirrah support Eclair as he softly sets her back on the ground.

"...yes. Well. THis is most certainly... something of import, then."

_________________
"Only If It's Funny".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:19 am 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:30 am
Posts: 4538
Location: Burnsville
Jimothy

He watched as the floor revealed a staircase. "Hmm. Right, then. Off we go. Come, Ineffable. I have a few questions for this blighter..."

The two of them started down the staircase, as fast as their legs could carry them.

_________________
We've learned a lot, but this still isn't going to be easy. But I don't think the elder star's confidence in us was misplaced. I know we can do this! We'll set things right! ...somehow.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:51 am 
Offline
Hyperkeeper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: Xyon City
SiB looked, silently, as the staircase opened. Then, he gestured to the others, and said, "Well."

"Shall we?"

_________________
Welcome to the promised LAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:46 am 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
"Oh, indeed?" Mikhail's voice is harsh. "And just how did you suddenly ascertain that your mysterious master is down there? " She strides over to the butler. ""And you-you wouldn't even give me a straight answer when I asked what he looked like. Sirrah, it looks like we'll have to go traipsing off down there regardless. But her-"-her she points at the female servant who spoke-"And him-" she jerks her thumb at the butler-"are coming with us. And, in the middle of the line, not at the beginning or the end."
"I think that's the first sensible thing you've said all night." Emilee speaks up. "I'll accompany you lot downstairs. You-Lord Whosis- decide if anyone gets to stay up here and babysit the riffraff, and keep an eye on these servants." Emilee knows perfectly well who Lord Andre is, of course.
She pulls out a daintly, mother of pearl inlaid pistol. It's oddly shaped, something more than an ordinary pistol, obviously. "And in case anyone is feeling...recalcitrant...I'll be happy to provide incentive. Now," she smiles brightly, "who's up for exploring?"

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:58 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
The butler frowns. "I did so give you a straight answer! I described him perfectly!"

The woman shrugs, and starts down the steps, ushering the butler to follow her. He does without complaint. One of the other male servants takes something out of his pocket and nervously munches on it.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:12 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
The butler and the female servant who activated the staircase walk down the stairs in front of the guests. Eclair walks down, leaning against Sirrah and telling him about being hit. The Butterfly and the Seagull also proceed down the stairs, as does the man in pink. The other male servant follows.

The staircase leads down to the center of the basement. Surrounding it is a large quantity of machinery, hooked up to the ceiling above. It's rather complicated, but there are definitely motors present, at the very least. There don't appear to be any operating controls, though. The machines are spread far enough apart that seeing beyond them, further into the basement, is not a problem. There are torches around the staircase, but the basement is large enough for the edges to still be in shadow. There's a dark green carpet on the floor, although not much else by way of furnishing. You can hear water dripping, and there's a faint smell of mildew.

As your eyes accustom to the darkness, you can see a man standing in one corner, at the edge of what appears to be an indoor pond. He's dressed in an oriental robe of some sort, patterned with dragons. He turns, and you can see he's wearing a lizard-like mask. Aside from the machinery, he appears to be the only thing of interest in the basement.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Last edited by Kate on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:10 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Posts: 3549
Location: my own little world
Mikhail's steps start dragging, the closer they get to the end of the stairs. When they do, she hangs back. Her hands clench at her sides, as she looks around wildly.
A party. Go to a party, dig around for info. Lean on the servants, search a desk, solve the mystery between dances. How many times have I done this? But this place....
The self confident, laid back member of Her Majesties Secret Service is trembling like a horse that's ready to bolt.
She takes a deep breath. No one's pointing any weapons at her, esoteric or mundane. Still...
Mikhail strides quickly over to Sirrah's side, abruptly pulling away from Eclair. "Borrowing him. Go to your Da." Sirrah lifts an eyebrow at her harsh tone, as her hand clamps tightly on his arm.
Mikhail whispers. "I haven't felt like this since that time playing hide and seek with the Ripper's inspiration. There's something down here, bad, and we need to get out. The hell with Sabatier!"

"Did you see anything? Hear anything?" His response is just as quiet.
"N-no...." Mikhail sighs. "We can't leave them, can we?"
She falls silent, and somehow keeps from running right back up those stairs. But she doesn't let go of Sirrah's arm, either.

Oblivious to them, Emilee flits forward, and starts looking at the machines. How extrodinary!
She circles them, studying, mysterious bloodstains temporarily forgotten. Wonder what Bene would make of this? At the thought, she looks around, to see if he's part of the crowd.
"How fascinating!"

_________________
.. not how Science works, love. 1st, you build the machine, then it tells you what it's for.
Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente


Last edited by chicgeek on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:23 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
Eclair's ears droop for a minute, but rather than going to her Da, she goes to the man in the robe. "Are you Mister Banam?"

He smiles under the mask. "Yes, I am. What's your name? And are you enjoying the party?"

"My name's Eclair... and not really... I got hit in the head and I think one of the people in white did it and it hurt..." The female servant tenses slightly when Eclair comments about the person in white.


The machinery seems to have the capability of moving the ceiling around. As Emilee examines it, she notices a ladder leading up, a bit off to the side and outward from the staircase. In addition, the machinery seems to have some connection to some large sliding panels on the back of the staircase everyone came down.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:31 pm 
Offline
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
Mad Scientist Unbelievable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2656
Quote:
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:17 am » The gizmo? Yesssss...
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:17 am » Seconded
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:17 am » It so must.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 am » Heh, I vote for that existing somewhere in the MSW.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 am » oh god
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 am » .....ahahahahahaaa...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 am » From Tesla, to Sabatier - "I finally finished it. Getting the timer to set and reset properly was a pain. I’d love to see that house of yours, though- it’d be nice to see how that affects the timer… Just keep someone in the room with it the whole time, and it should be ok. And remember- you promised I could come to the first party with it, at least!"
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 am » Just as well Emille didn't.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am » Pffftttttt XD
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am » Heehee
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am » Because Tesla and Banam thought it was funny.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am » fTeal: *still pouting about getting trapped*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am » Why?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am » Said cage is really easy to deactivate- from the OUTSIDE.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am » fBBC: *hugs* Eeeee!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am » The purpose of the device was to be stolen. At midnight (or whenever you set it for), it encases the person who stole it in a cage.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » Chic: Aww....*hugs* Thanks an yway.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » (Teal, I mean)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » ...to hypnotie pidgeons?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » It didn't really affect anything, I just thought it was funny.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » Now, the obvious question. What was the purpose of the goggles device?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » I kept forgetting... and then I thought it was too late... :3
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » Ok, it was only semi-rejected.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » You should have asked me earier. XD I;d said yes.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » Claire [over IM]: (rejected idea #5- the girl in the butterfly costume is future Teal. Rejected because: I didn't ask Tinker if the Seagul would be BBC)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am » adult BBC: *was going to gt Aunty Chic a tesla device... drat.*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:13 am » ^^
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:13 am » *Blinks*
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:13 am » Wait, what?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:13 am » Heh.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:13 am » Seagull: *turns a blue tint* Chu! *teleports!*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:12 am » Butterfly: *takes a gizmo off her wrist, revealing blue hair, and green kitty ears and a tail* Hee hee hee... *scampers off*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:12 am » Ok! Permission got, even if it was kind of late.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:11 am » OK, shoot.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:11 am » Interesting...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 am » I do have an identity for Butterfly... buuuuut it kinda requires an ok from another writer which I never got... so I'd have to give you the unofficial answer.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 am » ANd what was her objective? (Though I can guess)
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 am » Butterfly: *sneaking off*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 am » Say, who is the person in the butterfly costume?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 am » Eh. It;s more or less alt dimension no matter how you look at it... the mints coming from, this possibly being...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 am » Jasper: I think so, and you'll have to ask him...
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 am » Helena: [dreaming up ideas for her own costume contest]
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 am » Emilee: *To Jaspar* Is Sabatier really a friend of Dr.Tesla's? And, do you think he'd introduce me? After all that's happened tonight?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 am » Butterfly: *pout!*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 am » Eh, hopefully it won't cause too big a problem.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 am » Bene and helena win the sneaky theif contest! By... having low goals.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 am » Demsdale:*inches away from Helena*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 am » ...hm, I seem to have inadvertantly created a paradox with that.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 am » Pffff...
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 am » Incidentally, you do realize that Helena will leave with the valuable gender-swap mint in her reticule... and replicate it..... :twisted:
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:07 am » Oh.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:07 am » Because he liked harpsichords?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:07 am » Why, to do a ballad of course.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:07 am » Hee!
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:07 am » ....Facepalm!
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:07 am » Why did Bene need to be near a harpsichord?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:06 am » What?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:06 am » I think the in-game explanation was to confuse invading forces of the house. And guests, as a joke.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:06 am » Whaaaaa.?!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:06 am » The real reason was I wanted to make sure Bene and co could find a harpsichord...
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:06 am » Is it because he likes harpsichords, or why?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:05 am » That was it, though.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:05 am » The was one room, which there were three copies of.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:05 am » ?
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:04 am » How many duplicate rooms are there/ were there
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:04 am » So... I guess most of it was planned in advance?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:04 am » And a list of all the secret passages.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:04 am » I didn't have everything super described in advance, but I did have a list of what the rooms were, and another list of items and which rooms you could find any given item in.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:04 am » Nice.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am » The 'LEAVE + REENTER' room was added sometime around the middle...
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am » .
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am » Emilee: *huggles it one last time, and hand sit over*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am » The letters got added later, to give you guys more hints.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am » I started with the house rotating and went from there.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am » *dimensionally unstable
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am » The mind-controlling frog/dragon thing in the basement was pretty much at the beginning... everything being temporally unstable, too.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am » That'll happen.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:02 am » ok
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:02 am » Err... I'm not sure... I added stuff as the game went...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:02 am » Jasper: *has the REALY Tesla device*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:02 am » Bene: Another day, ey Ems?
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 am » I have a questoin! Claire! How much of this did you plan out in advance, and how much was added later and/or winged?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 am » And I;m still amused that Benes the only theif who got what he came for. Free food, odds and ends no one will miss, and an unexpected bonus in meeting Emilee again.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 am » Emilee: *Siiigh.....* Awww...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 am » Hee hee hee...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 am » Japser: *has taken the fake one from Emilee*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 am » Jasper: The REAL one, Miss.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 am » Emilee: "It's just....a real Tesla device. " Sighs.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 am » Helena: It's okay. [lays a hand on her arm]
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:00 am » Emilee:"Um...." Droops, and hands it over.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:00 am » Sirrah: *heading out to do his paperwrk, and form a special group of people to handle Mad Mayhem and Mixes. He;ll stardchecking that house every week or so. and... ask Mikhal out*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 am » Jasper stops Emilee on the way out. "Miss, Sabatier AND Dr. Tesla will be upset if you take that with you."
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 am » His stuff has a certain 'look'.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 am » Eclair: *needs a bath*
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 am » Emilee is mad, and a fan of Tesla.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 am » Because she knows a lot about Tesla stuff?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 am » Eclair: *hugs Da*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 am » How did Emilee know that the web was the Device?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 am » Andre: *blushes, accepts it, shyly invites him to come and see hsi library, and takes Eclair home for tuck-ins*
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 am » Emilee is somehow taking the device home. :)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 am » Well, Bene has slipped some silver, harpsishord wires, and interesting plant specimines in his pockets, though Sirrah might shake him own. He;s heading home, with a promise to see Emilee again.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 am » Jimothy: *Offering Andre a flower*
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 am » I have a question for everyone once we're done with the Q & A...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 am » I can answer any extra questions people have.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 am » Bene: *probably the only theif who managed to steal anything tonght.*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 am » Alright, so what are you guys going to do now? We're pretty much done...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 am » Bene is awesome...
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 am » Heehee
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:56 am » (Well, Helena is sneaky, though....*shrugs* )
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:56 am » Bene: I've eaten worse, probably. I;ll find something useful to do with it.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 am » All the servents look at Bene. The cook speaks. "Sir... you use the perfume as cooking oil. You aren't supposed to eat the steaks..."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 am » Butterfly crosses her arms and pouts.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 am » (Jane, there is no way Helena could know that)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 am » Bene: *has finaly showed up... quietly carrying a few triffid ;steaks' in a to go home box*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 am » Helena: [whispers] Of course. All that fancy footwork on airships must be good for the constitution.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:53 am » Emilee: *isn't letting go of it*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:53 am » *not for Emilee, of course*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:53 am » Sirrah: *glaaaances at Emilee* Uhuh. *handcuffs out*
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:53 am » .
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:53 am » Emilee: Partnership? I'm an ex dancer. Who...dabbles. *looks innocent*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:53 am » Butterfly: *grumble*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:52 am » André: ... now, *that* , is a tesla. Miss, I think you might need to talk to Sirrah too.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:52 am » Emilee: *Holds the device, and smiles*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 am » Helena: ....how did you know....?
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 am » Helena: [pulls back hurriedly] Oops.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 am » The wire cage frees the Butterfly, twisting into Emilee's hands... to form the real Tesla device once again. (before Helena gets a chance to melt anything)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 am » Helena: [whispers to Emille] I wanted to suggest a partnership. Can I talk to you in private?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 am » Emilee: ! Helena, stop that!
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 am » Helena: [dissolves metal of other area of the cage]
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 am » Emilee: Thanks, don't need them. *She pushes one area, while simultaneously twisting another*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 am » Sirrah: *mentaly planning to create some kind of special squad just to deal with this kind of wierd stuf. He;ll call it... it... the... um. he;l think of something later. N or something.*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 am » Sirrah: *offers Emilee hsi lockpick and wire cutters*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 am » Helena: [sets to work on the cage]
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 am » Butterfly: *POUT*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 am » *!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 am » Pink: My name is Charles. And he wouldn't stop following me
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 am » Emilee: *works on it*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 am » Helena: .....?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 am » back
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 am » Seagull: That just happened at midnight..
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 am » Helena: Why is she inside?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 am » Emilee: Perhaps... but, should I?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:46 am » The seagull is still poking at the cage. He turns to Emilee. "Err... can you get her out?"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:46 am » Andre: ... it happens.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:46 am » Mikhail: So, why did you kill him, Pinky?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:45 am » Pink: If the servants hadn't all been mind-controlled to kill people, I would've had a very useful discovery... *grumbles*
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:45 am » Mikhail: Okay. Right. *needs asperin*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 am » EclairOOC: Awww...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 am » PinksOOC: Curses! And I would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids and that dumb catgirl!
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 am » Helena: What of you? [@ the butterfly]
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 am » brb
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 am » Night: I work here.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 am » Night: I'm the cook.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 am » Mikhail: *To NIght* And you are?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 am » ((*always wanted someone to say 'you're nicked'))
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 am » Sirrah steps forward. "You;re nicked, pinks. and the lady? Our theif?"
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 am » Helena follows her.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 am » @Helena: I wanted to wrap up all the loose ends.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:42 am » Helena: Oh. This again?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 am » The man in the night costume waves at the man in pink. "He stabbed the original owner of my current costume... as soon as I could think clearly, I had him restrained..."
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 am » Emilee walks over to the cage.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 am » André steps forward. "Now whats all this~?"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 am » The butterfly is pouting.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 am » Demsdale:"That's unique..."
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 am » Emilee: What's going on?
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:39 am » Helena: ?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:39 am » Ok, upstairs, Sir Caine (who I'm borrowing) is restraining the man in pink. The butterfly is currently trapped in a large web of thin metal, which the seagull is poking at.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:39 am » yep
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 am » Yes.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 am » André: Oh, he does that a lot. But I do understand. Lets go and have a look, then.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 am » Is everyone going to go upstairs?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 am » "Err... he was on a tirade, sir. I didn't want to interrupt..."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 am » André: Yes, miss? Mind, Sirrah is the one who is th epolice... *feels sirrah glaring*
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 am » "I believe they were going to do what they wanted without your permission sir"
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 am » Emilee: Shall we all go upstairs? This has me curious, but I'd rather we didn't split up now."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 am » Sirrah: Good! *grumbles*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:36 am » Meriwether holds up his hands. "Very well! Send patrols! Do what you'd like! I'd prefer no one else got killed anyway!"
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:36 am » Helena: [sheepish] I can, er, provide the surveillance. I already started on a few rooms in the house.... [blushes]
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:35 am » "Well, Miss, if you're familiar with his work, there's something I'd like you to look at..." She turns to Sirrah, blinks, and then turns to Andre. "And Sir, if you could come deal with the murderer..."
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:35 am » Emilee: *wary, Jaspr said he was the only one not mind controlled*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 am » Sirrah: ....well for godss sake, I;m still havign apatrol come here for exactly that reason! Even if it;s just me! Even if the master of the house comes back, beacsue clearly theres a lot fo danger here, and I think that having more survealance would be a good thing.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 am » Emilee: Yes.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 am » The female servant has come downstairs, and taps on Emilee's sleeve. "Miss? Were you the one that recognized the Tesla device was a fake?"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:33 am » Jasper: Err, I think the mushrooms are only good against frog-thing mind control... there's plenty of OTHER stuff that comes through the door... and this was the first time I'd seen the frog...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:33 am » Sirrah: I;ll try and get in contact.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:33 am » (the 10 years he was in control of the house)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 am » André: Make sure Jasper gets that raise, too. Just make sure those mushrooms are on hand.... and i will come back to check, in my duty a a lawmaker.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 am » Meriwether: Alright... if you can find Sabatier, I'd recommend having him do it... he hasn't had any problems in the past 10 years.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 am » [Helena: Well, yes, but if I could replicate mind control of that calibre?]
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 am » GM: Helena's the Welsh ambassador. She's probably busy. And Demsdale's not immune to mind control, I don't think...
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 am » Demsdale raises a finger "Miss, I am no unkillable."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am » Sirrah: yeah, but it *did*. I;m not saying the place should be sht down. Bu Jimothys right. I and my partner can work something out. For now, I;ll be coming back to check up the house.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am » Helena: I volunteer.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am » Helena: Wait, that last remark?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am » .
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am » Ineffable: I'd say either Demsdale or Helana fit the bill.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am » Helena: Now what, then?
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am » Jimothy: So someone MIND CONTROL proof needs to check on the house. ANd also someone probably dangerous enough to be nearly unkillable
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am » "The fact remains that it did."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:30 am » Meriwether: The frog wouldn't have been a problem, either, if it hadn't gotten control over the servants.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:30 am » Meriwether: Well, I don't think so. But without the house, more stuff gets through, and it's dangerous just for people to be in the area.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:30 am » Sirrah: ....Yeah, you need someone coming to check the house. I assume without the house keeping it stable, the effect woul spread? Kind of a guess...
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 am » Jimothy: So when it's unstable it's WORSE! This house is a death trap!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 am » Meriwether: It's still an improvement over the constant monster attacks and people getting cut in half and sstuff...
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 am » Demsdale frowns "What happens when it's not stable then?"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:28 am » Meriwether: That happens when it's stable.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:28 am » André: It isn't. Not if frog men are murdering people.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:27 am » /
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:26 am » Meriwether: And the door won't close for another half-hour.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:26 am » Meriwether frowns. "It is stable. Or it should be..."
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:26 am » Emilee" Meriwether? Should you close that door behind you?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:25 am » André: ....doe *anyone* here know how to stabelize this place?
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:25 am » Jimothy: I'm going too!
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:25 am » Mikhail: Not alone.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:24 am » Behind Meriwether, the door flicks from a jungle landscape to an arctic landscape.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:24 am » Sirrah: Right. I;m checking the basement again. And possibly the grounds.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:24 am » .
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:24 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:24 am » Meriwether: I don't know if it's still here, though. You're the one who said it was dead... and yes, the house is the stabalizer. I'm not sure where Sabatier is at the moment, but I'll see if I can contact him...
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:24 am » Jimothy: Hmmph. I wasn't being serious. I'm just annoyed and grumpy
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:23 am » Meriwether shakes his head, alarmed. "Don't burn it down! That would just make it worse! Err, even if it could burn..."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:23 am » André: I think the house *is* the stabelizer, Jimothy.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:23 am » André: *holding Eclaire* I think the impirtant thing now... is is that *thing* still here, can we stabelize the house, get Sabatier back, and maybe a full explanation of houw the house works... and give Jasper a triple bonus.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:23 am » Jimothy: Check on it monthly? I'd rather we burn it to the ground and collect the insurance. And invent some sort of dimensional stabilizer tingy
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:22 am » Meriwether thinks. "There wasn't a problem BEFORE Sabatier went away... although the frog thing wasn't the only thing that tried to get through." He sighs. "I never should have suggested he go on tour..."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:21 am » Sirrah: ...I think that at the *very* least, this place needs someone from outside coming in to check it monthly. Someone who eats the mushrooms.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:21 am » err... buh?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:20 am » (what did Sirrah want to say?)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:20 am » Helena: . . . ? ? ?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:20 am » Meriwether: This place is supposed to have as much stability as possible.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 am » Meriwether: No, they said it was switching locations in the same opening. It's SUPPOSED to be stuck.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 am » Helena: Ah. The old 'stuck door' gambit.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 am » André: Ahhh. The mind control bit.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 am » Meriwether: The servants pushed me through the door while I was making sure nothing was wrong with it.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 am » Sirrah: *signals for people to let him speak*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 am » Helena: How did you get trapped?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:17 am » Meriwether: I've been trapped out there for quite a while, but I'll do the best I can...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 am » Meriwether: Err... can we do one question at a time?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 am » Mikhail:One got into the HOUSE!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 am » Eclair: *confuuuuuused*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 am » Meriwether looks at Sirrah. "Why would we need a liscense for triffids? ...exterminator? They didn't get onto the grounds, did they?"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 am » Sirrah: What Eclaire said.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 am » Demsdale shrugs "Interesting former predators."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am » Eclair: Evil feeling?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am » The man shakes his head. "Oh, that's just from the dragon's territory. It will fade in time. Instinct, you know- apparently those things used to be our predetors or something. That's what this-" He points to the gas mask- "was for."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am » Sirrah: Yes. The man eating plants with stingers. You need a liscence, or an exterminator.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:14 am » [Helena: [plays theme from Eversion on invisible harpsichord]]
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:14 am » Emilee: The frog thing is dead, but there's still this feeling of evil and all....
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:14 am » "..man-eating plants?"
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 am » Jimothy: ...you're the guy from the note I read!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 am » "I'm Sir Meriwether Corcoran. I'm one of Sabatier Banam's friends."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 am » Sirrah: ....Do you know if he has a liscence for the goddamned meat eating plants? I am inventing a need for liscencing those.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 am » Jimothy: Yeah!
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 am » (Hee!)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 am » Helena: [puts the knife away]
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 am » Mikhail: And who are you?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 am » "I am NEVER house-siting for Sabatier again..."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 am » He rests the spear against the stairwell. "Oh. Well, that's good... err, thanks?"
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 am » Demsdale chuckles lightly, hidden as a cough
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 am » Ineffable: Heehee
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 am » Helena: We, er, just killed it, I think.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 am » "You just missed him.... we already had an incident."
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 am » Emilee: We did, but he vanished, and we killed a giant frog. Yes, i know that doen't make sense...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 am » André coughs.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 am » "See, there's really this amphibious dragon that's pretending to be him, and I'd like to kill it before it eats anyone else..."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am » He takes his gas mask off. "Have any of you seen a guy claiming to be Sabatier Banam, recently?"
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am » Helena: [but keeps it palmed, where spear-guy can't see it]
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am » Demsdale looks at the man cautiously, knife at the ready
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am » Eclair: I'm confused again...
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am » Helena: [readies another knife]
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am » Sirrah: !!!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am » He looks around.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am » Emilee: That's odd.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am » Helena: !!!
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am » Ineffable: ...fate has other plans, uh oh!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am » A guy in a gas mask, holding a large spear, charges through.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am » The panels in the stairway open.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am » Everything moves, including the motors, as the moves in circular patterns.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am » Jimothy: I don't like this house. It's suspicious
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am » (I thought we were already down?)
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am » Himothy: Hmm... we... should probably get out of here.. or at least blow this place up
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:08 am » Sirrah makes a note to give Sirrah a medal, if he can, and looks around. "...I;m a police officer. Most of you are civilians. I;m going back down."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:08 am » At this point, because it's plot convient for me not to have to figure out how much Jasper knows, it's Midnight.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 am » André: Thank you, Jasper. *he holds out hsi hand* You have been a very brave soul. Now... why is it still... the feeling still there?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 am » Emilee: ...so that's what helena meant.....
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 am » (everyone still has that terror feeling, by the way)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 am » Helena: [catches Emilee's eye]
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 am » The servant scowls. "My name's Japser, by the way."
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 am » Helena: It's still here. Whatever "it" is.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 am » Demsdale nods and takes a step back and to the side. "Yes sir."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:06 am » André: Stand down, Demsdale.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:06 am » Demsdale shrugs "I don't trust you."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:06 am » Jimothy and Emilee: You both get the feeling that something super scary and bad is down in the basement.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:05 am » The servant glares at Demsdale. "Would you stop that already? I've been HELPING you! And almost getting myself killed in the process!"
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:05 am » Jimothy: ...*eats his mushroom just in case*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:05 am » André: Meaningless, but curious. I need a little more air, I think.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:05 am » Emilee: *belatedly eats her mushroom, just in case*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:05 am » André: ... Sabatier. Sabature? Frence for a sabotauger... a fake personality.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 am » The Servant shrugs. "Last I saw, he was still touring Europe..."
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 am » [Helena: Am I going to need to like, pass out antidote at the end of the night?]
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 am » Demsdale stares the servant down. "Interesting" He looks for any indication of lying
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 am » Mikhail: And...what about Sabatier?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 am » Sirrah: ...is that how I got an invitation? Did you send those out?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 am » Servant: Yeah... apparently those mushrooms I snack on destroyed its control...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:03 am » Servant: Because I was hoping you would kill the frog thing before it ate anyone else?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:03 am » André: So, that... thing has been in control, then.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:03 am » Helena: Why were us definitely-NOT-criminals invited, if not by accident?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:03 am » Mikhail: That's what I thought.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:03 am » Demsdale looks sharply at the servant"the other servants controled? not you?"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 am » "They got scared and moved out... it was so the house could be sold at a decent price, and then bought back cheaply."
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 am » Mikhail: ...What happened, to the family that owned this house briefly?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 am » The servant winces. "I'm sorry... and I'm sorry about the suspicious you were under, too... the other servants were all under the control of that thing..."
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 am » Jimothy: I could of sworn I stopped it so that the machinery wouldn't activate...
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 am » Jimothy: Wait.. midnight. Did someone restart the clock?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 am » André: A dog may usualy be faithful and kind, but if he had bitten someone, it has still occoured.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 am » Helena: [@servant] May I inquire what will happen at midnight?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 am » André: Yes, but careful isn;t the same as absolutely no wounds. Sirrah was an investigating officer, and he was still, whatever else you can say, injured.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 am » Helena: I'm not unduly worried as it is....
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 am » Jimothy: ... shouldn't we just leave?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am » Servant: Well, there are others, but if we're careful no one gets hurt by them.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am » Emilee:(Good line, Demo!)
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am » Servant: And there was really only one monster.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am » Demsdale cocks an eyebrow "I don't believe I'm wanted in this country"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am » Servant: And it's the same treasure each time.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am » Servant: Well, not quite acciendtally...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am » André: In a house where the monsters are drawing closer and closer.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am » André: People no one would miss-for when they get eaten. The trap is baited with a treasure. but this time, others were accidentaly invited.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am » Ineffable: I can't believe you talked us into it.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am » Emilee: Why, I'm insulted!
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am » Jimothy: Good grief!
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am » Helena: I am not a criminal. I'm an Ambassador.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am » Eclair: Oh... that would make sense...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am » André: ...ah. I see. A ball comprised entierly of criminals.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am » Ok, it's almost midnight.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am » André: It;s okay, dear... just try not to run towards the person who has all the uns pointed at them, okay?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 am » Eclair: *cling*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 am » Eclair: Even if it was only 10 feet or so...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 am » Eclair: *huuuugs* I'm sorry I ran away...
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 am » (Sorry. I WOULD have explained, but for some reason, I was logged out)
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 am » Jimothy: Inductors are passive electrical components that can store energy in a magnetic field created by the electric current passing through it.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 am » Emilee: *Techobabble* Ok, long story short? The motors aren't moving anything. They don't have a power source. The inductors, meanwhile, will make it so that anything hooked to the motors requires MORE force to move.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 am » André: *delivers them*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 am » Eclair: *demands Da hugs, now*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:56 am » (explanation coming shortly)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:56 am » .
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:56 am » (that wasn't really described properly anyway, sorry...)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:55 am » I sort of know...
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:54 am » I dunno
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:54 am » I don't know. *sets out a platter of frog legs for Chat*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 am » If no one knows what an inductor is, I can explain.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 am » Ok, Emilee? The machines have motors... which are connected to INDUCTORS, not batteries.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 am » Demsdale shrugs "Miss, my job is my employer and his kin's safety. I make sure they remain safe when I can"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 am » Servant: Sorry, what was the question?
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 am » Emilee: What if we...jammed the works? *Looks at the machines*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 am » Servant: Well, it's usually easier to get rid of things here, than to let them take over the house. Although weird stuff has been happening with outside lately, too...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 am » Eclaire: Pout.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 am » (Ok, everyone is now back in the basement)
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 am » Ineffable: I said NEARLY everyone, kitty.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 am » Eclair: I wasn't allowed to bring a knife...
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 am » Emilee: Servant. safrer inside the house, or outside?
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:50 am » Ineffable: ..am I the only one that's a bit bothered by the fact that nearly everyone at this party was carrying a knife or a gun to a social function?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:50 am » Demsdale nods. "That would be smart"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:50 am » Sirrah: ... I can;t BELEIVE I was given trouble for the goddamned walking plant thing, and now this. I think I can safely say this house should be evacuated.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:50 am » Jimothy: Good grief. That's the longest I've ever taken to recover from nearly drowning. If only I could hold my breath for ten minutes.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:50 am » Helena: How do you know that Sabatier wasn't that thing?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:50 am » André has to gasp for breath.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:50 am » Servant: I don't think so... and the rotation'll complete at midnight. Stuff always happens when the rotation completes.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:49 am » (Back)
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:49 am » Emilee: So...Sabatier was taken over by that...thing?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:49 am » Demsdale cocks an eyebrow "Yet you knew something as accurate as twenty minutes?:"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:48 am » The servant shrugs. "How should I know? I don't even know if anything is going to come through!"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:47 am » Ok, after a wandering around and around and around, the Mikhail/Andre/Jimothy group eventually makes it back to the ballroom, and the basement.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:47 am » Demsdale smiles... a disconcerning thing. "Oh? And will it be more dangerous than the frog?"
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:47 am » Mikhail: *also heading back*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:47 am » Helena: Such as......?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 am » The servant points at the stairs. "Something hostile might come through there in about 20 minutes."
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 am » [thanks!]
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 am » André heads back, then.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 am » Demsdale grimmly shrugs "Fine, you did what you had to to survive. Now, do you know about anything else we should know? Be aware i will know if you lie"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 am » (Helena is awesome)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 am » Helena: [eyebrow] Always a consideration.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 am » Andre's not in a room. They're outside.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 am » He glares. "I wasn't even in charge of invitations! It was hard! I was trying not to get eaten!"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:44 am » André will examine the room.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:44 am » The servant points to the pond. "Your friends are going to have a hard time finding their way back if someone doesn't lead them..." He scootches away from the knife. "Well, I was right to, wasn't I?"
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:44 am » Mikhail: I suggest we get back to the house, on the double.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:44 am » Demsdale will glower down at the servant, a wicked knife in hand suddenly. "And you invited all these people here knowing that?"
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 am » Emilee: Tell us. Everything you can. *To the servant Demsdale is holding*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 am » Andre scowls. "Dead for a while. Impossible to say who it is."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 am » The servant nods.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 am » There aren't any identifying marks.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:42 am » The body's cold, but clearly very fresh.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:42 am » Demsdale will grab that servant. "did you know about... that thing?"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:42 am » Back in the basement, the third servant heads back up the stairs, after the panicked guests.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:42 am » Helena: [to Emille] Still want a swim?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:41 am » André grimly checks to see if he can geuss the identity.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:41 am » Eww...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:41 am » It's someone in his underwear. He's been mostly eaten, at this point.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 am » André does as well, trying to breahte.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 am » Mikhail goes to see.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 am » There's a body on the lakeshore.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 am » Mikhail: GASP! *air....*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 am » The Jimothy/Mikhail/Andre group is currently in a lake. Uphill, you can see the mansion.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 am » Demsdlae will swim back then
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 am » Sirrah: ....*hugs. All the hugs*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 am » Ok! After some vigorous swimming, but fortunately before anyone passes out, you hit the surface. Demsdale, meanwhile, finds that everyone is gone.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 am » and Demsdale is swimming back to retrieve anyone left behind
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 am » (and no, I have no idea how you're seeing underwater- that's just a plot hole. Try to ignore it)
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 am » Mikhail will go with the others, foolish though she thinks it is. If it's a long tunnell.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:38 am » I'll rule that Jimothy is going with Andre. What does Mikhail do?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:38 am » Eclair: *wibbles at Sirrah for hugs*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:37 am » André is going to swim the direction the froggy was going. Demsdale has Eclaire, she will be safe. Sirrah is there.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:37 am » You can go forward or backwards. It took about a minute of swimming to get where you are.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 am » The froggy is dead. It opened its mouth, and Andre and Eclair found themselves in an underwater tunnel with Jimothy, Mikhail, and Demsdale. Demsdale grabbed Eclair and promptly vanished, leaving the others behind. Oxygen is starting to become a problem for you guys.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 am » (I'm for it.)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 am » (go ahead._
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:35 am » (Please)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:35 am » Helena: What on earth was that thing?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:35 am » (can I recap real quick?)
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am » Alright, I'll assume Jimothy stays with the group...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am » Um, he hadn't?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am » André is going to swim back, with Eclaire, and set her down...
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am » Err... I'll bbl. I kinda gotta go get some food, sorry. I'll be back in 15.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am » Wait, when did Andre get back?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am » André holds tight to Eclaire.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am » Eclair: Daaaaaaa...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am » Eclair: Buh?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am » Demsdale will dive back in after Andre and the others
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 am » Mikhail: Let's get back before something else in teh water wants a snack.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 am » Demsdale cocks an eyebrow at Helena, dripping wet and unflappable. "Wait here Miss Eclaire, I'm going back for Sir Andre"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 am » Alright, you guys are about a minute of swimming through an underground tunnel. Are you going to try to swim back, or keep going?
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 am » Jimothy is going to try to swim back up with Mikhail and Andre, pulling Andre if necessary
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 am » Eclair: *coughs* ACK! DA!
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 am » ok, slight change. Demsdale grabs Eclaire and is behind Helena suddenly.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 am » Helena: [glares at him] That's my job.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:32 am » Mikhail: Slips off the dead frog, and grabs Jimothy, pulling him above water if he needs a hand.'
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:32 am » (Demsdale can be behind anyone he wants, just not sure he can take others...)
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:31 am » Jimothy: Glub glub...
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:31 am » Wait, what?
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:31 am » (that might be a bit cheap...)
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:31 am » Demsdale grabs everyone and is suddenlt behind Helena
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 am » Eclair promptly starts flailing underwater.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 am » Alright. Under the combined assaults, the frog twitches some more, and finally stops moving. It opens its mouth, freeing Andre and Eclair.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 am » Emilee: Fancy a swim?
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 am » Helena: How about a rope? We could probably improvise a hook... oh crud, it's gone.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 am » Mikhail wants to hang on, and kill it.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 am » His goal is to cut Eclair and Andre out.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 am » André is trying to get out of it;s mouth, With Eclaire.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 am » Jimothy is coughing under water, starting to have trouble holding his breath... he's going to take the knife and thrust upward at it's body while using one arm to cling to it's leg until it can shake him off, if indeed it can*
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 am » Helena: Nuts. The one thing I didn't pack...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 am » (Mikhail's with the frog too, sorry!)
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 am » You're also about a minute of swimming through an underground tunnel.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:28 am » Emilee: *To helena* I knew I forgot something...
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:28 am » Jimothy finds it fairly easy to impede the thing's progress, actually. It's clearly dying.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 am » Jimothy, Demsdale, Andre, and Eclaire are all with the mostly-dead frog at the moment.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 am » if he can, he's going to try and grab onto it's legs to impede it's swimming process.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 am » If you want to follow the frog, you have to go through the pool.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 am » (Nevermind!)
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 am » Jimothy's swimming after it...
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 am » (I thought she could soar over it, and attack from ab ove)
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 am » And there's a wall there.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 am » Er...if the ceiling permits.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 am » (Emilee? It's under water...)
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 am » Emilee unfolds her wings-they aren't just faire wings for her costume, but a glider. She runs, and soars after it.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 am » Helena: Emille! Do you have a grappling hook on you?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 am » Sirrah grabs out a thing of Rubbign alchohol from his medical kit, and hands it to Jimothy.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 am » *"convince"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 am » It's defintely getting weaker, now. And bleeding quite a lot.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:25 am » Demsdale is cutting at it's mouth trying to convince it to release it's captees
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:25 am » Jimothy is holding his breath and swimming after it, stabbing
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:25 am » The thing spazms slightly at the new stab, and swims. The pool apparently keeps going quite a ways.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:25 am » Mikhail holds ontight, and stabs again, and again.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:24 am » Demsdale takes a deep breath and keeps after it.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:24 am » Jimothy is going to scowl and think. "Alcohol! Someone go grab some alcohol from upstairs!" He's going to dive inot the pool after the thing.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:24 am » Mikhail pulls out a knife with one hand, grimnly holding on with the otehr, and stabs it.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:24 am » The thing is bleeding rather heavily, at this point. It shuts its mouth tightly around Andre and Eclair, and shoves itself backward, into the pool.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:24 am » André wil still try to hug Eclaire.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 am » Emilee takes aim, and when she can get a clear shot, hits the body.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 am » Demsdale, is very tough and determined. "You will release miss Eclaire. Now." He dives forwards again, being as nimble as he can to try and get close enough to free Eclaire and Andre
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 am » In its mouth, Eclair eeps and clings to her Da.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 am » Alright. The thing, when Andre does this, promptly grabs Andre in its mouth, too. It shakes as Mikhail jumps onto it, and Helena hits it with the knife.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:22 am » Helena tosses her second knife.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:22 am » Mikhail abruptly shifts form to a brwny male, and leaps at the frog, tackling it on it's back.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:22 am » André Is going to try and grab Eclaire- shving into it;s mouth if it has to.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:22 am » Currently, it's swatting at people with its front legs.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:22 am » The thing currently has a gunshot wound and a knife wound in it's body. It managed to clock Demsdale once or twice with its tounge, but after the tounge got cut a few times, it retracted the tounge into its mouth.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 am » Ok. Jimothy is going to follow suit with Demsdale. He's recovering from the fight and lashing at the thing with his knife
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 am » There is much screaming and chaos.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 am » Helena readies another knife.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 am » The other three guests, along with the two leading servants, are all trying to run back up the stairs.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 am » Demsdale dives in and cuts at it's tongue to try and free Eclaire
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 am » You can see Eclair in its mouth as it bellows.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 am » It bellows as Emilee hits it in the body, a dark wound appearing.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 am » Helena pulls out a knife from her elegant gown, and throws with good aim at the thing's body.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 am » It pulls itself partway out of the pool, bapping Jimothy out fo the way. Slimy, malformed wings are drapped from its back.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 am » Emilee shots at the body of teh frog.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am » Emilee: ". I did say last chance".....She takes careful aim. Chicanery, airship pirate currently running rings around the Royal Aircorp and the East India Company, is a crack shot.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am » Jimothy is going to dive into the pool after it, pulling a knife out
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am » At this point, everyone can see what's going on. The thing appears to be some sort of large frog, with its tounge wrapped around Eclair.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am » And Helena.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am » Ineffable: !!! Jimothy, don't-
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am » Emilee, also runs forward, and Mikhail.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am » André: NO!!
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am » ...too late. Eeps.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 am » Demadale tries to snatch Eclaire from it's grip
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 am » SiB charges forward, ready to do something. ANything!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 am » Sabatier abruptly vanishes.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 am » Eclair: EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 am » It's large, and dark green, and has big round eyes... it opens its mouth and Eclair snaps backward into it.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 am » Jimothy: !!! *He's going to rush forward and try to grab Sabatier to pull him away. from the pool*
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 am » Demsdale cocks an eyebrow "So the connection is more than just apparent..." He looks at whatever it is ready to move
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:17 am » André: !! Demsdale! *he pulls out bandages, and moves forward.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:17 am » Emilee looks at something in her hand, and shrugs, pocketing it.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:17 am » Helena: Emille. If you want, use this. It'll put some of my family antidote into you; I think it'll — HOLY MOLEY WHAT IS THAT
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:17 am » At this point, something emerges from the pool.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:17 am » Ineffable: !!!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:16 am » (this is from Demsdale and the knife)
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:16 am » Helena: [searching her pockets] [comes up with a spider-like vial] Emille— !!!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:16 am » Eclair: Eep!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:16 am » Sabatier doubles over. Blood splatters to the ground.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:16 am » Ineffable: Can we come to an agreement? If everyone lowers their guns, Sabatier lets Eclair go and she gets to go back upstairs.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:16 am » Demsdale smiles lightly "Sir, I sneak everywhere, just ask Sir Andre"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:15 am » Eclair: I'd like to be put down...
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:15 am » Demsdale's knife flashes out experimentmentally at the... whatever it is connecting the pool to Sabatier,
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:15 am » Sabatier scowls. "I think that's more than 'suspect.'"
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:15 am » Helena: Let me see if I have any antidote....
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:14 am » Helena: [@Emille] There's something there. I don't know what, but if you can't see it, you've been messed with.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:14 am » Sabatier points at Mikhail. "She was pointing a gun at me-" He points at Demsdale. "And he was trying to sneak up on me.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:14 am » Ineffable: I think everyone's overreacting a little bit. We should agree to lower our weapons and talk this out.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:14 am » Sirrah blinks, and shakes his head.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am » André steps forward. "No, sir. We were not trying to KILL you. We were coming to view you as a suspect. NOW, you are holding a girl hostage. And there is something IN the water."
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am » Demsdale nods, "so you're not aware there's something other than water in it?"
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am » Jimothy blinked. "Huh? Something feels squishly..." He looks in his hand. "Someone put a mushroom in my hand... what is this?" He looks at it.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am » Sirrah looks at something in his hanf, and eats it.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am » Sabatier: Well, everyone was trying to kill me BEFORE she came over... and there's water in the pool. It's an underground lake or something.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:12 am » "This is why I used to work alone, too many people with too many guns always leads to trouble..." Demsdale murmurs to himself as he examines the pool. "Sir, please stop making threats, it's doing you no good. Now, what is in the pool?"
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:12 am » Helena: Why are you holding her, then?
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:12 am » Eclair: *whimper*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:11 am » Sabatier glares at them. "I JUST ASKED that everyone stay back."
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:11 am » The bolt earths itself on the machinery. Nothing of consequence happens.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:11 am » Ineffable is going to approach the pool, followed by Jimothy
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:10 am » Sabatier considers, looking at the number of weapons pointed at him. "I think everyone should stay back... and I think as soon as I put the girl down, I'll probably be shot anyway..."
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:10 am » Ineffable nods. "I don't sense anything... odd. I think I need to examine the pool, I think."
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 am » Demsdale is watching the pool, for any other movement.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 am » Emilee: *holds her fire8
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 am » Emilee: *aims at his head*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 am » André puts up a hand for everyone to hold, for a moment. "Let her go!"
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 am » Emilee strides forward, and takes careful aim. "Last chance to let her go, before finding out just what a very good shot I am..."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:07 am » Eclair: EEP!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:07 am » Sabatier actually picks Eclair up off the ground at this point, an arm wrapped around her waist.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 am » Ok, Mikhail is yanking on Eclair, but Sabatier's holding onto her firmly. She yelps. "Owie!:
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 am » .......and then he charges forward, and fires, a brilliant bolt of lightning arcing into... what?
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 am » As it is, Jimothy would probably get in the way of everyone else here.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 am » Ok... I think there's too many cooks in the kitchen here. I'm cancelling my actions. Let other people do stuff.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 am » (it's now 11:30- you can see machinery moving, as well as the panels in the stairway, and bits of the ceiling)
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 am » SiB has a target lock on a certain 'something'....
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 am » I did say Mikhail ran forward, grabbing at Eclair.
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 am » Demsdale is watching the pool and Sabatier as best he can, knife definitely in hand now
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:04 am » Jimothy is going to inch forward and try to tackle Eclair and cover her! Hopefully the momentum will break Sabatier's hold.
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:04 am » Emilee: Let go of the girl, or I won't just be POINTING it.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:04 am » (Sabatier's holding onto Eclair's arm...)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:04 am » "Sir, I beleive we must charge you with unlawful keeping of an extradimensional entity." Andre says, calmly. "Unless you have another explanation."
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:04 am » Eclair: Eep...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 am » André is going to stp forward, and calmly grab at the air in between Eclaire and Sabatier.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 am » Sabatier has a very tight grip on Eclair. "First, everyone stop pointing weapons at me! It's alarming!"
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 am » Mikhail: Let ehr go, villain!
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 am » "Sir, release miss Eclaire immediatly"
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 am » EclairOOC: ...in retrospect, being annoyed at Da for keeping grabbing me was a bad idea...
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 am » Emilee; *pulls out her odd little gun,*Mikhail runs and grabs at Eclair!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:02 am » Eclair: Eep!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:02 am » (unpause*
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:02 am » (pause, please)
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:02 am » Eclair: !!!
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am » Sabatier reaches out and grabs Eclair's arm.
Jane Narbon « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am » Helena: [suddenly VERY alert]
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am » Eclair is very confused. She yanks away from her Da, and runs over to Sabatier. "Why's everyone trying to kill you?"
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am » Mikhail: I saw it. *keeps aiming at Sabatier*
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am » "What is in your pool sir?"
Demothesis « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am » Demsdale suddenly has a knife in hand, though it's still palmed and unseen. He's suddenly behind Sabatier and he's approaching the pool with a cautious gait.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am » "....theres something inside his arm!" Andre snaps. "It;s coming from the pool!"
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am » And his hand begins to glow blue with energy.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am » André pulls Eclaire back further, and backs off.
Professor Zobot « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am » Ineffable: Wait... this is... Everyone hold on a moment! Please, lords and ladies! Stop!
chicgeek « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am » Mikhail: Step away from the pond. SLOWLY.
SoItBegins « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am » SiB opens his eyes. And focuses.
Claire « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am » Sabatier raises his hands. "What are you doing?!"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am » Andre examines Eclaires hair, shakily.
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm » Mikail pulls her revolver out, aiming it at Sabatier.
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm » Ooc: Oh frig.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm » Sabatier looks at his hand, then holds it out to Sirrah. "What do you mean?" His hand is clean.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm » Eclair fusses.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm » Eclair: Eep! Daaaa!
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm » [/cutscene]
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm » Sirrah: ".... sir? Whats on your hand?
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm » Eclair smiles up at him.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:58 pm » Sirrah stares.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:58 pm » André steps forward, and yanks her back.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:58 pm » It almost looks... wet. And her fur has bits of slightly darker patches...
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:58 pm » When Sabatier ruffles Eclair's hair and fur, it sticks slightly, and light shines off it a bit oddly...
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:57 pm » Sabatier smiles at her. "I'm sorry about that..." He gently ruffles her hair.
Demothesis « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:57 pm » .
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:57 pm » Shadow Cleese OOC: *Is attempting to steal the Victorian Genre... by tugging on the house at the foundation* NoooooOOooooom.
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 pm » (Sorry!)
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 pm » (*Is waiting*)
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 pm » [give me a minute! I have to type!]
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 pm » [cutscene, please!]
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 pm » André: Yes, someone knocked her out. Sir, I beleive someone is... using your costume parties. And the strange nature of your house.
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 pm » Emilee: No, the original wearer of the night costume seems to be missing, and with all the blood and the knife and everything...that's what I think Mikhail meant.
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:55 pm » Jimothy: But someone tried to kidnap you, kitten.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:55 pm » [cutscene!]
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:55 pm » Eclair nods. "I don't think I'm missing... my head hurts, though..."
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 pm » (Ok, sorry)
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 pm » Sabatier: Didn't you say your name was Eclair, Miss?
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 pm » Sabatier looks down at Eclair.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 pm » (Zobot- can you look at my second-to-last post in Steampunk? That should answer your questions)
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 pm » Jimothy: DO you think the one that went missing that they refer to might have been Eclair?
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:53 pm » Sabatier holds up his hands. "Wait, wait. Two people went missing last part? Someone is missing from this one?"
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:53 pm » Can I get some descriptive text? I apologize for being so behind. I've had stuff happen tonight that's... distracting
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:53 pm » Ok... err... sorry that I'm a bit behind, but just out of curiousity... any exits in the basement?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:52 pm » André is looking around, seeming... nervous.
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:52 pm » Mikhail: He claims he just found the costume, and it was already bloodied. The guest who was wearing it is gone.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:52 pm » Sirrah huffs, and tries to calm down as well.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:52 pm » "Also, TWO people went missing from your last masqurade! They came to your party, went to bed, and then their bones were found at the dock."
Jane Narbon « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:51 pm » Helena: [calms herself]
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:51 pm » *?"
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:51 pm » Sabatier blinks. "Crooked cricket? Night costume
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:50 pm » Mikhail: *gritting her teeth* We found a bloody knife, and the cook wearing the Night costume that one of the guests was wearing earlier-said costume cut and bloody.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:50 pm » "Yes, but look- the blood stains? Theres a lot of goddamned crooked cricket here."
Demothesis « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:50 pm » Demsdale is simply looking around for anything that looks threatening.
SoItBegins « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:49 pm » SiB is off in the corner making strange faces.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:49 pm » Sabatier frowns. "Really? That's... well, I guess it's not entirely unexpected..."
Demothesis « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm » ah nvm
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm » Jimothy and Ineffable are in the basement with everyone else.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm » Pink guy isn't a servant...
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm » Err... are Jimothy and Ineffable still MIA?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm » Pink guy and guy backing up the stairs.
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm » Emilee: Yes. Someone took it from the case, but they were holdin g a fake when I saw it.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm » Sirrah: "Yes, sir. Someone has switched out te original."
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm » The two servants who were in the front? They're still standing in front of you guys... there currently 3 servants in the basement, though.
Professor Zobot « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm » Ok.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm » Bene has heard the noise, an is slowly going to where the others are.
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm » (Is Bene here, or left behind with Sir Caine in the Ballroom? Just curious)
Jane Narbon « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm » [Helena: NOT - DOING - THIS - AGAIN]
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm » Sabatier blinks. "Faked?"
Demothesis « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm » Demsdale is suddenly behind the two servants to make sure they don't leave while his boss is questioning them
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm » Andre is speaking to the servants.
Jane Narbon « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm » ><
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm » Sirrah opens hsi notebook. "Lets start with the faked Tesla, the blood everywhere..."
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm » (who's Andre talking to?)
SoItBegins « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm » ARGH
SoItBegins « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm » Helena: Because I... got like, this... wave of... fear, the moment I got in here....
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm » Andrew turns... his eyes fixing on them. "You two. What is it."
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm » Emilee: *puzzled* Well, it's not a standard basement, but...nope!
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm » The butterfly and the seagull are just looking around curiously.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm » The male servant at the back is figeting uncomfortably. The man in pink is backing up the stairs.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 pm » Sabatier nods. "Yes? Ask away..."
Jane Narbon « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 pm » Helena: [whispers to Emille] Do you feel... like there's something not right here? Because I do.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 pm » "Hello, Sir? We;d like to ask you a few qestions."
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 pm » Sirrah steps forward.
Jane Narbon « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 pm » Let's just assume that I said that— b/c I did.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 pm » Eclair has wandered away from her Da, over to Sabatier.
Jane Narbon « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 pm » Okay, one computer-two people does NOT work.
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 pm » Emilee: These machines are fascinating!
SoItBegins « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm » What the....?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm » Sirrah, on the other hand, is perfectly calm.
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm » What does everyone do?
SoItBegins « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm » Helena: [muttering to herself] I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total oblivion...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm » Andre holds Claires hand, feeling as nervous as Demsdale.... something feels... bad.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm » (Fair nuff)
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm » Eclair: *tugs on Sabatier's sleeve* I don't like getting hit...
Claire « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 pm » (by the way, I think it's going to get hectic, so I may have to ask people to slow down at some point... if I miss anyone's post, just repost it)
chicgeek « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 pm » Mikhail: *Death grip on Sirrah*
Demothesis « Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 pm » Demsdale's jaw tightens as the group walk downstairs. He doesn't know what's done it, but his instincts are screaming at him that this place is deadly. His eyes dart about briefly and he checks his knifes and other deadly instruments as he walks. He doesn't know what's so dangerous, but he wants to be ready for it.

_________________
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom!" -Marvin the Martian

Spam Poison. I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:15 am 
Offline
Hyperkeeper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: Xyon City
And So the Masquerade Party was Eventfully Concluded; the Good ended Happily and the Bad Unhappily, Events Occurred and Resolutions were Made, there was Something for Everyone and Nothing for No-One, and Ground Work was Laid for some Very Surprising Future Events. An Organization was Incepted, a Friendship came close to Formation, a possible Romance Laid in the Making, and a Device's Function was Revealed, to Say the Least of What Transpired. Over Time, Knowledge of the Events of the Party became Sparse and Rare, and all Documentation of the Occasion Mysteriously found its Ancillary Purpose in Life to Serve to Line the Gilded Cage of Assorted Fowl and Other Beautiful Creatures, and this Story was Laid to Rest.

Or, to Say it Simply: The End.

_________________
Welcome to the promised LAN.


Last edited by SoItBegins on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by phpBB.fr © 2007, 2008 phpBB.fr
This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums