Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:58 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Helena looked around as the lights came back up.
"I will wager you 2 to 1 that something's happened in the ballroom," she said. That device had been an accident waiting to happen. And, if nothing was amiss, she could at least have a look upstairs.
"If nothing's up, I'm going to look upstairs. Mm-kay?"

With care, she opened the door leading to the ballroom, stepping through....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:35 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

~Helena~

The door, suprisingly enough, leads to the ballroom. And the mass of people trying to figure out what to do now.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 pm 

Emilee nods at the man who appears to be a blue outline in a suit, still wondering how he got that effect. Then, she strides purposefully towards the ballroom.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:40 pm 

~Emilee~

The door leading to the ballroom, oddly enough, is the door she just came through. Even more oddly, however, it's locked.

Spam Poison. I think.

Last edited by Kate on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:50 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Sir Caine shrugged, and nodded. "Yeah, I had some food from the buffet. What makes you think it's been tampered with? Not that I doubt it could have happened, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been poisoned, and it didn't taste like that." Pausing, he looked up to think for a moment. "Then again, it probably depends on the type of poison."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:22 am 

Emilee rattles the door knob, annoyed. "Why didn't I come here straight off, instead of going to the buffet, and chatting?"
She knocks loudly, and waits a moment to see if anyone on the inside will open it. Hmm...there's probably another secret passage somewhere leading to the ballroom, but god knows how long it'd take to find. She could try shooting the door, but that seems a little drastic at the moment. It'd be different if people inside were calling out for help.
As the thought hits her, she presses her ear against the door, to see what she can hear.
Then she looks around the room she's in.
(Servants? Other guests? What do her surroundings look like? And does that door have a knob, or is it a sliding door?)

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:25 pm 

~Emilee~

She can't hear anything from through the door. It's a sliding door, the same as all the other doors, but has a knob which probably connects to some sort of latch. There's a keyhole underneath the knob.

The other people in the room are the man whose outfit consists of blue lines, and a female servant. The servant is reading a list and frowning.

After a moment, she puts the list back in her pocket. "Miss? If you're trying to get to the ballroom, you can go through there-" she points to the door leading to the buffet room, "-walk through that room to the door across from it, go through the door on the right in the new room, and then go straight. That should take you to the ballroom. If you encounter the black room, leave via the door you came in, close the door, and then open it again."

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:51 pm 

-Jimothy-

He blinked. "...what? Someone's taken the Tesla treasure! But who?!?"

Dun dun dunnnn!

Ineffable, who had managed to get into the same room, looked around. "It wasn't me!"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:49 pm 

Quote:
"Miss? If you're trying to get to the ballroom, you can go through there-" she points to the door leading to the buffet room, "-walk through that room to the door across from it, go through the door on the right in the new room, and then go straight. That should take you to the ballroom. If you encounter the black room, leave via the door you came in, close the door, and then open it again."

Emilee nods. "Got it." And she briskly walks off, following the instructions. She calls out over her shoulder to the blue outline man-"Are you headed for the ballroom? I've just gotten directions." And she keeps walking.

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:37 pm 

~Emilee~

The door to the buffet room leads to a room just as large as the enterance hall, although the carpet is closer to pink, with a rose pattern around the border. Gas lamps along the walls light the room. Several tables lined with trays of food are placed around the edges of the room, to form space in the middle. The food is quite elegant, ranging from finger sandwiches to fancy pasta dishes being heated from underneath with large, thick candles. This room only has two doors, one at either end. Along each wall are several chairs, with pink cushions that match the carpet. There’s a wallpaper boarder of pink roses around the ceiling, and the wall toward the outside of the house has a large painting of a fantastical landscape on it, with purple crystals and mushrooms growing at the bottom, and a castle perched on an island over a large lake. Blue mountains and alien planets loom in the background. The other wall has several hutches, displaying fine china. One corner of the room has been concealed with pink curtains.

The door on the other end of the buffet hall leads to a room with a light green carpet and trim, with white walls. Gas lamps light the room. There are several large dark green couches around the edges of the room, with delicate tables and a variety of chairs scattered throughout the room. Entering from the buffet area, a large bookcase is on your right, filled with light reading. There is a door on the opposite end of the room, as well as one on the right wall. The left wall has the majority of the couches, with end tables between several of them. In one corner is a fern in a large, round, dark-blue pot. A lovely green-and-silver harpsichord stands in another.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:58 pm 

Emilee grumbles to herself, upon being once again in the harpsichord room. "Home again, home again, jiggity jig..." And now there's no sign of the secret door they went through, or any of the others.
Feeling a sense of unease, she presses the keys on the harpsichord that opened it before. If something happened to them while she charged off...

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm 

~Emilee~

Nothing happens when the harpsichord keys are pressed. Aside from the pressed keys, the room is entirely silent.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:13 pm 

Emilee frantically presses the keys again. Nothing. Why did she dash on ahead while they were examining things?
Gritting her teeth, she decides to head towards the ballroom. Perhaps they made their way there. And if not-to heck with the Tesla device! She'll just keep searching this madhouse for them.
Bene...he did say he was armed...And Sir Caine's certainly resourceful.
Worried, angry, determined, Emilee takes a deep breath. Composes her features. And continues following the directions she was given for the ballroom.

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:16 pm 

~Emilee~

The next room is large, patterned in dark blue and silver. Cabinets line the walls, and there is a large table in one part of the room with several chairs around it and a pack of playing cards scattered on top of it. A billiards table takes up a large portion of the room as well. The cabinets have a variety of things laying messily on top of them, including a candlestick laying on its side, a bit of pipe, and a wrench. On one side of the room is a large stone fireplace, not yet lit. There are two doors in the room, directly across from each other.

Emilee walks across the room, through the other door, and into the current chaos in the ballroom.

Spam Poison. I think.

Last edited by Kate on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:51 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Helena rushed over to Andre, sprawled on the floor, helping him upright. "Oh, are you okay?" she asked. "What happened here?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:25 pm 

-Jimothy-

He's going to look around in the ballroom. Who exactly, PC and NPC, is in there right now?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 pm 

~The Ballroom~

Currently in the ballroom are Andre, Jimothy, Ineffable, Helena, and Emilee.

Also in the ballroom are five musicians in their light blue costumes, two servants in their gray costumes, the man in the night costume, the man in the pink costume, the man in the feathered costume, and the woman in the butterfly costume.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:34 pm 

Andreleapt up to his feet, smoothly drawing out a thin blue soft book- flipping it open to reveal his Royal Investigator seal, and the signature of the head of the Watch.

"Nobody move! There has been a theft!" he yelled, projecting his voice to boom through the walls.
"While I suspect the perpetrator has already vanished, no one is to leave the room until they have been searched!"

Bene sighed dramticaly, before startling- throwing himself up against the suddenly shut door.

"Emlee! Em- damn..." he pulled out a section of metal coil, and snapped it together- making a crowbar- e was about to pry open the door when Sirrah grabbed his shoulder.

"Don;t be an idiot- and I;m not even going to bring up why you;d HAVE that on you... go already." he snapped, shoving him out of the room towards the harpsichorde room.

"find a bathroom, or at least a vase!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:02 pm 

~The Ballroom!~

The servant closer to Andre blinks, looking a bit startled, but nods. He walks over to the man in the night costume and starts to reach into one of his pockets. The man in the night costume steps away. "Stop that. Ask the inspector how we should go about this."

The servant further away smirks slightly, but quickly straightens his face.

The woman in the butterfly costume frowns. "Someone has STOLEN the device? And here I had hoped for at least one more dance." She pouts a bit.

Another servant, this one female, comes down the staircase. She blinks, startled, and looks around. "What on earth has happened?!"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:42 pm 

-Jimothy-

He frowned. Clearly, someone had to take some sort of charge here. Andre was already stepping forward, but...

He raised his arms. "Alright. The first thing we need to do is for everyone to calm down. We're going to need to the names of every guest and servant present, and as Andre said, it's only fair that each one of us, including myself, is searched for the device. Lastly, everyone should have to give an account of their names, their movements, and their activities since coming to the party. That way, if whoever did steal the device is still within this room, we may be able to catch them in a lie. I apologize for asking this of all of you, but if you have nothing to hide than this is the easiest way to establish where you were during and up to the crime's occurrence." He smiled. "So, let's get started, shall we?"

He began trying to get names and accounts from each person, in turn, jotting them down on a notepad.

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:53 pm 

~Ballroom~

The man in the night costume turns his head toward Jimothy, but doesn't respond.

The closer servant wrings his hands nervously. "Erm, about that... we don't exactly know who is at the party... the guest list got misplaced, you see, and I think some invitations may have got lost and gone to the wrong people..."

The woman in the butterfly costume frowns. "Give an account of our movements? Why would we do that? We're all here now, so I'm not sure what were we used to be has to do with this. An account of our movements would only be useful for people who aren't in the room just now. Besides, I came in AFTER the device had gone. Why should I be a suspect?"

The man in the feathered costume speaks up. "I wasn't expecting we'd have to track our movements, anyway."

The other two guests are nodding, as is the violin player and one, then both of the servants.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:00 pm 

10:30 pm

People in the ballroom are looking at each other in confusion and surprise. The group in the harpsichord room has yet to find the source of the mysterious bloodstains...

And the host of the party, Sabatier Banam, has yet to reveal himself...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:56 pm 

Chat session! (sorry for the readability issues, but it goes top to bottom for once...)

Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 pm » Ok! Sirrah, Mikhail, you are in a trianglar room with two doors. It’s made of a light gray stone with no carpet. There are several cabinets along the other wall, and a table with a few notebooks, textbooks, and some glassware on it in the middle of the room. Next to the entry door are two glass cases, one filled with some survival gear including rope, a first aid kit, a lantern, and a canteen, and the other empty except for what appear to be holders for something. On the floor is a large bloodstain. Smears from the bloodstain extend across the room and out the other door. What do you do?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:10 pm » Sirrah, I will mention, has about four PEICES OF EVIDENCE on him now. He will calmly take the first aide kit and canteen, figuring they;d be usefull...
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:11 pm » Bene, you've exited into a room with a harpischord, a bloodstain, and a hidden door, among other things. You can act as well.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 pm » Bene is going to, on a random whim, open the harpsichord case and examine the wires...
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 pm » Mikhail: We've examined the notebooks. Our fae went through one door. I suggest, when you're done looking, we go through the other one.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 pm » Sirrah: So, what next? With this layout, i can;t figure out which room is the one accross this wall...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:13 pm » Sirrah: Tch. Sounds fair enough... heres hoping tht ha-penny brat hasn;t gotten himself killt.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:13 pm » Ok. Bene, you find the harpsichord to be in excellent condition, and the wires perfectly in-tune. The controls for the secret door are attached to the wiring.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:13 pm » Sirrah, Mikhail- there are two doors, the one you came through and the one Emilee left through. Which one are you taking?
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:15 pm » Mikhail: Hmm...we could do worse than follow the fae. We've looked at the harpsichord room well enough. *examine sthe cabinits and walls some more*
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:15 pm » Mikhail: By the by, do you know her?
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:16 pm » Sirrah: her? I don;t know. She sounds familliar... but I can;t place her.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:16 pm » Mikhail- there's something odd about the empty cabinet. For one thing, those look like weapon holders. For another, one looks much less dusty than the others.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm » Mikhail: *points it out to Sirrah* I think someo0ne's armed...
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm » Ok, the blood? There was a stain in the room you came from. In this room, there's a puddle along the floor, and then smudges that lead out the other door.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:19 pm » Sirrah:...someone is. Heavily. *he pulls out his COMMANDRS TRUCNhEON, a device twice as long as the average such device* lets follow the blooded lines...
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:19 pm » Mikhail: *fiddles with tyhe less dusty weapons holdser, see if it triggers anything*
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21 pm » Mikhail- the weapons holder doesn't trigger anything. You just knock it over. However, that reveals a handle that you could probably turn.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:22 pm » Mikhail: Well, well-what have we here? *turns the handle*
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:23 pm » The empty cabinet slides out of the way. There's a dark set of stairs leading down. It's dark.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:23 pm » Mikhail: *whistles* I say we check this out.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:24 pm » Sirrah: ...well,w e can;t split up... tch. Alright. lets take a look. *he will take out a REGULATION CANDLE*
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:24 pm » Mikhail: After all, our fae went through the other door, and called back that she was at the ballroom, before the doors slammed shut.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:25 pm » Mikhail: And your friend went back the way we came...
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:26 pm » Sirrah: Right. And we can handle whatever might be there...
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:26 pm » Mikhail: You take me to the m ost in teresting places. *grins*
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:27 pm » Ok, Sirrah, Mikhail, the stairs take you down to an unfurnished stone passage. It's neither dusty nor dirty, however, and there are empty candleholders along the wall.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:27 pm » Mikhail: *follows Sirrah and his candle*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm » Sirrah lights his candle, keeping it in hand.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm » Fixed, or removeable?
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm » Fixed.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:29 pm » Mikhail:*walking onward*
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 pm » Mikhail: Som eone uses this passage frequently. Notice the lack of dust.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 pm » As you proceed, you almost see movement just out of the range of the candle, although there's nothing there. One part of the wall has large scratches gouged into it. The path is curved. Eventually, you reach another set of stairs.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 pm » Sirrah: I saw... *he pauses, checking a candle for wax drips*
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 pm » Leading up.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:31 pm » Mikhail: I thought I saw it too. *quietly*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:31 pm » Sirrah: ...keep behind me, a little.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:32 pm » Mikhail: All right, but I can shift to a m ore muscled form, if needed. Won't be the first time I've blown my cover. *small smile*
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:32 pm » The candleholders are both empty and free from wax drips.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 pm » Mikhail: Looks like we go up.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 pm » Sirrah: ...hhhuh. No ones been uisng the lights. Up it is.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:39 pm » This room is rectangular, and patterned in light blue, with several dainty tables and chairs. There is a cabinet on one wall with tea things on display. A large table in one corner of the room has a long white tablecloth, with various tea blends laid out next to some teacups. The tablecloth is a bit bunched up. One of the chairs has been knocked over. You step out from behind a painting of two small creatures having tea with a child in a suit. There appears to be a mechanism to connect to the secret passageway via a button in the teacup of one of the creatures. There are three other doors, in the other three walls. One of the tables has an opened letter on it.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:40 pm » The room is lit by gas lamps along the walls.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:40 pm » Mikhail: *walks over, picks up the letter, reads it8
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 pm » Sirrah examines the tea pot- is it wrm? Full? Empty?
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 pm » I finally finished it. Getting the timer to set and reset properly was a pain. I’d love to see that house of yours, though- it’d be nice to see how that affects the timer… Just keep someone in the room with it the whole time, and it should be ok. And remember- you promised I could come to the first party with it, at least!
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 pm » It's signed 'Nikola'
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 pm » And addressed to Sabatier.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 pm » Dated about 1 month ago.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:43 pm » The teapot is empty, but not dusty.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 pm » And as Sirrah steps across the room, something crunches under his foot slightly.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 pm » Sirrah: Right. So we can ssume this is Sabatiers rooms... the tea pot is clean, so it;s been used at somepoint. And it;s really a Tesla? I thought it;d be a fake.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:45 pm » Mikhail:Hmm....*smooths the bunched up tablecloth-anything under it?*
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:45 pm » Sirrah pauses, and looks down- slowly.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:45 pm » You can definitely feel something under the tablecloth, pinned down by one of the pots of tea.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:46 pm » Mikhail: And if Sabatier kept his promise, Tesla may be at the party.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:46 pm » Mikhail: *looks at whatever it is*
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:46 pm » Ok, Mikhail, you found a piece of paper.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:47 pm » Sirrah, there's a shard of thick glass under your foot.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:47 pm » Examine it.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:47 pm » Sirrah will crouch, and examine the glass- and the rest of the floor.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:48 pm » Right.... hrm. Bene was exmening the harpsichord. the wires lead to the secret door... are there any other instruments about?
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:48 pm » Mikhail examines the new piece of paper. And then picks up the knocked over chair.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:49 pm » There aren't any instruments in the room with Bene.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:50 pm » Mikhail: Sirrah? Look at this. *shows him*
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:50 pm » Sirrah- there's only the one piece of glass in your immediate area, but there are some scuff marks near where the chair was knocked over.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:50 pm » Sirrah will look at the paper.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:51 pm » (Is it like glass from a window? From a plate? can we tell?)
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:51 pm » It's thick, and flat- not curved. It could be from a window, but probably not a plate.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:51 pm » Sirrah will go back to looking at the scuffs- trying to trace their origin. "Hn. I can;t make heads nor tails of it..."
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:52 pm » The scuffs don't come from, or go anywhere. They exist solely as scuffs in the middle of the floor... mostly.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:52 pm » Mikhail: *looks at the cabinet of tea thingss*
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:53 pm » There are a few faint grooves in the floor, leading toward the table with the tea things, but they're much less apparent than the other scuffs.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:53 pm » (floor carpeted? Or wood, tile, ect.?)
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:54 pm » Sirrah will drag the chair against the grooves- do they match?
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:54 pm » Wood floor.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 pm » And they don't matched, but the top of the chair looks a bit scuffed up as well.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 pm » Sirrah: So, something left grooves. The top of the chair is roughed... someone got attacked here, I think.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:56 pm » Mikhail: I wonder if the tea samples are really tea...considering what the notebooks said about experimenting with the pasta.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:56 pm » (could the glass be from a paiir of spectacles?)
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:57 pm » It's too big for that.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:57 pm » Mikhail: Might as well pick a door at random, and continue onward.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 pm » The cabinet of tea things has a matching set of teacups and saucers, and slightly larger plates. One of the teacups is upside down.
chicgeek « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 pm » Turn it over.
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 pm » (And I flubbed up before- there are only two doors in the room)
Claire « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:59 pm » Under the teacup, is a button. The button is labled 'push the obvious button'.
Professor_Tinker « Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:59 pm » Sirrah: ....oh you;re kidding.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:00 am » Mikhail: *stands back as far as she can, with her arm outstreatched, hand just above the button. She's prepared to leap, if needed.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 am » Sirrah: *ready to duck* Ready.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 am » And, unless Sirrah stops her-PUSH!
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 am » The tea cabinet slides out of the way. There's a door behind it.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 am » NOW there are three doors in the room.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 am » Mikhail: I vote for this door.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 am » Sirrah: *grins* Very clever... hnh. Alright. Let;s have a go of it.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:02 am » (for the record, there's one door in each of the walls aside from the one you came in)
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:06 am » The room is large and rectangular, decorated with an orange carpet and light orange wallpaper. Gaslamps and chandeliers light the room. There are a few dark orange couches, a table with a plant and a letter on it, and a sculpture of a turtle with flat disc on its back. Water is flowing off the edges of the disc, and caught in a bowl below. There’s probably a pump inside the sculpture. The room has three doors- the one you just came in, one to your right, and one straight ahead. Rustling is coming from beyond the door straight ahead.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:07 am » Mikhail walks forward, and picks up the lteer-but continues on to the door straight ahead, she listens at it.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 am » Sirrah: *glances at the sculpture* Huh. A Disk Earth. I had to listen to Rooster go on for hours about that theory once... *he;s going to examine the room for signs of disturbances*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 am » The door is thick, and the noise is largely muffled, but there's rustling and what sounds like the rattling of stalks of wood coming from beyond it.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 am » The room has no signs of disturbance.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 am » Sirrah: *looks at Mikhal, and gestures at the door*
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 am » Mikhail *nods. Pockets the letter. And swiftly pulls the door open*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 am » Sirrah: Queens Police! Freeze!
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 am » The door opens to the outside. A path winds away into a forest. You can see a garden in the distance. Directly in front of the door, however...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 am » Sirrah: ....??*outside? But... down then up and...*
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 am » Mikhail: *has improbably pulled a gun from her decolletege8
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:11 am » A very large plant is standing, rustling its stalks. When the door is opened, it starts to walk into the room, using its roots as feet. A large flower on top of it turns towards the pair.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:12 am » Sirrah: ...Sir or Madame, i 8did* ask you to freeze.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:13 am » The plant stops directly in front of Sirrah. Something lashes out of the flower, directly at his face.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:13 am » Sirrah: *swings up his billy club to deflect it, growling*
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:14 am » Mikhail: *curses, and grabs the stalk, right below the flower. She shifts to male while she does this, to add muscle-although it does nothing for her outfit. And tries to twist, tear, break the stalk*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:15 am » The triffid's stalk is ripped off, and the triffid slumps to the floor. The stinger was largely deflected by the club, although a bit did hit Sirrah's hand...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:16 am » Sirrah: .... *touches his face* First aide kit in my jacket.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:16 am » Sirrah: .... *touches his face* First aide kit in my jacket.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:16 am » Mikhail: On it. *without bothering to shift back, she pulls out bthe kit and gets to work*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:17 am » Sirrah is quickly bandaged, although he's pretty pale, and there weren't any strong antidotes in the medkit. You should probably find someone and get some help.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:18 am » (the room your in, by the way, looks like an entrance hall- no the entrance hall you came in, but an entrance hall)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:18 am » Sirrah: Mikhal? If I move, my blood will pump though and circulate it more. Can you get back to the party without me and bring someone? Andre at elast might know something.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:19 am » The door to the outside is currently jammed open by triffid remains.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:19 am » Mikhail: You don't need to exert yourself, if it's poison. But I'm not leaving you behind in this hell house. *She does a competent tourniquet above his hand*
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:20 am » if so, she will. Shuts the doot, and picks up Sirrah in her arms to carry him.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:22 am » André: *has just don his nodody move bit*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:23 am » André: Did anyone see anything?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:23 am » Seagull: I saw that the lights went out...
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:23 am » Jimothy: *Turns to Ineffable* I'm going to go look for this Eclair girl... stay here with Andre and keep everyone here.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:23 am » Emilee: *snorts* I just walked in here. I'll move if I choose. *examines the place where the device was.*
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:23 am » Helena: I suspected something like this would happen.
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:24 am » Helena: By law of narrative, you see.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:24 am » André: ...thank you, Jimothy.
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:24 am » Odelle: [whispers to Emilee] When I got in here, the rooster and the man in the night costume were sprawled on the floor. And I'm pretty sure it's not the rooster.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:25 am » Pink: *gives Helena an odd look* ...suuuuure...
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:25 am » Butterfly: I just walked in, too.. the lights went out?
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:26 am » Jimothy is going to go up the stairs in the ballroom, Claire. You can get back to him
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:26 am » Emeliee: *to odelle* Mm. *noncommital* What does the device look like? *Was the case broken, or just lifted off the pedestal?*
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:26 am » Ineffable: *Looking over at Butterfly* May I ask your name?
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:26 am » Helena: [whispers] It was like a golden apple. With visible geary bits inside.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:26 am » André: *looks at the man who he tackles* Hellp, sir. Reason you were running for the pedistal?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:27 am » Night: I wasn't running. I was PUSHED.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:27 am » Butterfly: Not at the moment, no.
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:28 am » Ineffable: *Looks at Night* who pushed you?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 am » Night: I don't KNOW. The lights were off.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 am » André: ... if you say so, then. Blast it- the one Tesla that doesn;t glow...
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 am » The female servant is looking back and forth between all the guests, wide-eyed.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:30 am » André Looks at her. "Miss? Did you see something?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:32 am » Female servant: Sir? I just came down the stairs... I can't believe it was stolen! Master will be so cross with us! *frets*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:32 am » At this point, Mikhail, carrying Sirrah, comes through the door past the stairs.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:32 am » André: Were trying to make sure it hasn;t bee- Sirrah! Good gods, man...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 am » Sirrah: Unles someone here has a liscence for ambulatory stinger plants, I have an issue here...
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 am » Mikhail: Rooster! Get over here! He;s been poisoned.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 am » One of the male servants starts. "Stinger-" He glares at the other male servant, who cringes.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:34 am » That male servant grabs a bit of cheese off a cheese platter and carries it over to Sirrah. "Eat this."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:34 am » Sirrah: Stinger? Yo know about the walking murder plant?
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:34 am » Mikhail has changed to a male form, all see. She doesn't show any embarassment. She/he gently sets Sirrah down, and strides over to teh servants.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:34 am » Sirrah: .....I;ve heard siller. Sadly. *eats it* Look here, i need to know whats going on *now*. Wait. *glances...* Someone stole the thingy.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:35 am » Sirrah, almost immediately, starts feeling better.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:35 am » Mikhail: You two. Talk.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:35 am » The male servant scowls. "There shouldn't BE a walking murder plant. They're supposed to stay in the penned off area."
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:36 am » The other male servant sighs. "We use them for food. I apparently missed one of the spores... I apologize greatly."
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:36 am » Mikhail: You use them for food?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:36 am » "For-food?! Gah... I don;t know how, but I *will* find a way to make you lot get a liscence for them.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:37 am » The female servant is flustered. "Well, someone should go deal with it!"
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:37 am » Mikhail: I killed it, no worries. *calmly*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:38 am » She almost immedately calms down. "Oh, my. Thank you. I'm so sorry to put you to all this trouble."
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:38 am » She looks around, nervously, again. "But oh, my, what ARE we going to tell the Master?!"
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 am » Helena: Perhaps, if you take me to him, I could speak with him for you.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 am » Sirrah gets down, and looks around. "Depends. Why isn;t he *here*."
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 am » Mikhail: And where is the master?
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 am » Ineffable: Where IS this Master?!?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 am » The female servant frowns. "I don't know! He's supposed to be among the party guests!"
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 am » Ineffable: For that matter, why do we keep seeing blood? Has someone been murdered?
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 am » Helena: May I inquire as to the nature of his disguise?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 am » All three servants look shocked. The female servant blinks. "Blood?"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 am » Sirrah: Yes. Blood. And in your masters private room, sign of a stuggle. The tea room.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:41 am » Mikhail: *grimly* It wouldn't suprise me. Rooms that move about, secret passages-more than you can shake a stick at, and yes, puddles of blood.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:41 am » Just about everyone is looking shocked at this point.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:41 am » Mikhail: *to the servants* If you can shed any light, now's the time to speak up.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:42 am » The female servant frowns. "I don't know what his costume is! He didn't tell me!"
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:42 am » The male servant who was responsible for the triffids speaks up. "Well, the rooms move. On every half hour."
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:42 am » Helena: Is there any way to freeze the rotation?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:42 am » Sirrah: ...My first instinct is that someone attacked the Master. André?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 am » The case isn't broken, or knocked over, or even unlocked. Upon close examination, however, there are some metal bits in the back... one of which appears to be missing a pin of some sort.
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 am » Ineffable: Stranger, that sounds like a good theory.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 am » The servant shakes his head at Helena.
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:45 am » Helena: Would he have written the type of costume he is wearing down? Anything that could give us a clue as to his identity?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:45 am » The first male servant frowns. "Attack the Master? I doubt it..."
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:45 am » Mikhail: Then, there's just one thing to do. Unmask. See if anyone here is the host.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:45 am » André: Theoreticaly. All we do know is that the Master is missing, his Tesla device is missing, and someone has lost blood. These things might not be connected, or they ight be connected in a way we aren;t aware. Of. Does anyone know what the heart thing 8does*?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:46 am » Everyone shakes their heads as to knowledge of what the gizmo does.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:46 am » Emilee:*stands next to the Night* And I missed seeing it. *sighs*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:47 am » Night: It was very pretty. All wire mesh and intricate gears.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:47 am » André: ....Thats all we know. That it was pretty.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:47 am » Sirrah: ... we found a letter. Mikh? You have it?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:48 am » The femal servant speaks up. "Master did say that we'd find out what it did at the end of the party."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:48 am » Sirrah: Ominous.
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:48 am » Ineffable: yes, let's compare our evidence. I found a hidden map I've shown this suspicious person: *Points to Sirrah*
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:48 am » Mikhail: I do. *hands it to Sirrah* And, another one. *opens the one she picked up, before the triffid attacked*
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 am » Emilee: *to Night* How big was it?
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 am » Helena: I found a map, myself.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 am » Sirrah: Well, it does something, that'll be affected by how the rooms work...
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 am » Mikhail- the other letter I'm just going to summarize, but it was from Sabatier to someone named 'Rueben', dated 2 weeks ago, and saying that he thinks they should have a party when he gets back, and he has some ideas...
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 am » Mikhail: *hands it to Sirrah,takes off his/her crow mask* As a duly appointed law officer, I must insist that all unmask.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 am » At this point, the man in the frog costume walks into the room.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am » He blinks. "Wait, what's happening?"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am » André: *is deep in thought*
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am » Mikhail: There has been a crime committed.
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am » Helena: Grand unmasking, and theatrics. Starts at midnight. These lot are rehearsing.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am » Sirrah: The thingys been stolen, I got attacked by an illegal moving plant, and someones been bleeding in the hosue fresh and lots. *terse*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am » Sirrah: ...Ruben?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 am » Sirrah: Thats the butler I met last time I was here...
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 am » The man in the pink costume raises an eyebrow at Helena. "Do you need a glass of water, Miss?"
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 am » Helena: No, but thank you.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 am » The second servant pipes up. "Excuse me, I'm not sure the plants are illegal."
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:54 am » Mikhail: That we can settle later. I'm sure there's a charge we can make stick, if we need to.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:54 am » Sirrah: One stung me in the FACE. Unless i see a liscence, it;s illegal- under the same bylaw as Scorpions and GRUES, #13899 trade law section 8.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:55 am » He frowns. "Your HAND was bandaged."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:56 am » Sirrah: It swing *at* my face, and for gods sake it;s a giant stining plant. Don;t look at me like I;m outlawing scottie dogs!
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:57 am » Mikhail: Oh, stop your groaning, you lot. You knew you'd be unmasking later anyway. Timetable's just been moved up. Sirrah? Do you agree?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:57 am » The first servant folds his arms. "We do our best to make sure that no one will be injured. If you'd eaten anything, you would've been fine."
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:57 am » Ineffable: Come on, is it that big a deal? Here, I'll go first! *She starts taking off her costume*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:58 am » Sirrah: ...It still exists, one was still FREE, and has no one remembered that a muder might have taken place here? *very, very cold and imposing suddenly*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 am » Amidst grumbling, all the other guests remove their masks. Everyone's the right gender for their costume, and such.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 am » Sirrah: *takes off his own mask*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 am » No one is secretly a space alien, at least as far as you can tell.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 am » Mikhail: *to the servants-okay, the room at large* Anyone recognise our host?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am » Everyone shakes their heads.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am » Emilee will remove her mask, as well.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am » Sirrah: *more then a LITTLE angry at being treated like an idiot for findng the notion of an ambultory stinging plant bad. He will look for an y single trace of blood*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 am » Scanning the guests, Sirrah can't see any traces of blood.
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:02 am » Ineffable: *IN a military outfit* Hmmph. I hope Jimothy's alright...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:02 am » Fun fact- Sirrah has a huge chip on his shoulder, Sam Vimes style, over nobility treating his attempts to investigate murders as an inconvienence to be brushed or bribed away. It has now been triggered, so he;s going to be way less patient.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:02 am » Mikhail: Sirrah?You said Ruben was the butler? Is he here? *will ask the servants where Ruben is*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:03 am » Mikhail gains- list of names!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:03 am » Sirrah: yeah. The last time I had to investigate murders leading back here. *too angry and shook to not mention that*
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:03 am » Mikhail: And I'll be seeing some id to confirm that, as well.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:04 am » André: *will quietly whip out hsi magnifying glass and examine the pedistal- is there carpeting?*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:04 am » Mikhail- everyone except the man in the frog costume and the man in the pink claims they aren't carrying id.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:05 am » No carpeting. And there are some odd breaks in the marble around the pedestal, although they look like they're supposed to be there.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:05 am » Mikhail: I belive a bit of persoanl searching is in order. *smiles, coldly*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:06 am » Andrew will look for deep scuff marks, like the kind left by most shoes from a figure trying to run accross marble.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:06 am » Sirrah: Agreed. Bases covered and all.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:06 am » The Seagull scowls. "Do you really expect us to be carrying identification? Nothing of the sort is required, or indeed necessary, at least in my life."
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:07 am » Mikhail: Sirrah? Ineffable? We need to search the guests. Look for 'forgotten' ids, for the device, weapons...you know the drill.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:08 am » mikhail: Gull? There's been a crime. Searching all, before anyone leave sthe room, is standard procedure.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:08 am » Sirrah: Hardly my fault, 'Sir'. Then you won;t mind a quick check.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:08 am » *DM knowledge fail* Shoes running across marble leave marks?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 am » They could. A lot of boots at the time hd hob-nails, or rogh bottoms... marble does scuff. I;m not saying it woul d have for sure, just that he;s checking.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 am » Alright... I'm just gonna say that there aren't any, because it's high-quality marble or something.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:10 am » The seagull shrugs. "So are you going to search me, or just have me turn out my pockets?"
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 am » André: A pat down will be enough, Sirrah. I;m going to seach elsewhere... my daughter has been missing. And some things take precidence.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 am » Sirrah will pat the Seagull down, efficiently.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 am » The female servant blinks. "Pardon, how are we doing to do the searching if everyone is a suspect?" She glances at Emilee, Helena, and Ineffable.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 am » Mikhail: Sirrah? show the nice people your badge.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 am » She looks very uncomfortable. "And... shall we search everyone else, but just let him leave?" She points at Andre.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 am » Sirrah: ...*pats Andr down*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am » André: *sighs* Madame, I am a co-worker of his. * submits to the patting down.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am » The Seagull has some lockpicks in his pocket, and some cash. He was telling the truth about the ID, though.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am » He winces when Sirrah finds the lockpicks.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am » Sirrah: ...*pulls out a flintlock pistol* Oh, come ON... I;m vconfinscating this.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 am » Most of the people in the room start at the sight of the pistol.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 am » André: I see, sir. No ID indeed... luckily for you, I will accept an explanation for this.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 am » Mikhail: *pats down the female servant-she'll shift back to female, for a while*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 am » Sirrah: I see, sir. No ID indeed... luckily for you, I will accept an explanation for this.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 am » André: It hasn;t been fired, isn;t loaded and I have papers for it.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am » Seagull: Err, well... *turns bright red* ...perhaps if I weren't to share it with the room?
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am » Ineffable: *Making sure no one escapes*

Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am » Seagull: Err, well... *turns bright red* ...perhaps if I weren't to share it with the room?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am » Sirrah: Whisper it to my partner, then.

Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am » André: May I *please* go and see my *daughter* isn;t 8dead*, now?
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am » Ineffable: Don't worry, sir. Jimothy's the best... he'll find her.
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am » Ineffable: *Taking Andre's arm* I promise.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:17 am » Mikhail, after you pat down the female servant, you find some yellowish cat fur stuck to your hand. The female servant doesn't have anything suspicious on her, though.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:17 am » André: ....*grits his teeth, as pleased as Sirrah was by the sudden suspicion*
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:19 am » Mikhail: *raises an eyebrow* Sir Andre? Come here a moment. *shows him the fur*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:20 am » André: ....This matche smy daughter. But it doesn;t prove anything more then the fact that she sheds. miss? Did youhappen to see her recently?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:24 am » Sirrah is going to pat down the guy in the night costume next.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:24 am » Sirrah is going to pat down the guy in the night costume next.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 am » Well, you start patting him down... and find the gizmo almost instantly.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 am » He sighs. "Darn it."
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 am » Emilee crowds over to see it.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:26 am » Sirrah: Nice try, though.
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:26 am » Helena: [replaces her mask, and examines the device]
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:27 am » André: ....With absolutely no threat of arrwst, out of curiosoty, how many people here are criminals? *has put something together* Because all *I* care about is finding a potential murderer.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:27 am » Emilee: *looks closely* Keep searching hm. That's a fake.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 am » Night starts. "Wait, what?"
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 am » Emilee: Did you hide the original, or pass it to a confederat?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 am » Sirrah: ...Or the one on the pedistal *was* the fake.
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 am » Ineffable: Agreed.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 am » Night: I thought that was the original...
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:29 am » At the moment, most of the people in the room aren't making eye contact with Andre.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 am » Emilee: *smiles*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 am » André: *looks around* As I thought. Sirrahs predjudice against gentry aside, theres only one group that reacts to a detective and a police man as if they were the most dangerous thing in the room. Luckily, it is clear that Night here is exonerated. he only stole a fake.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 am » Emilee: So...invite thieves, knowing someone would try to steal it....but why?
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:32 am » Helena: Maybe it's intended to bring something bad down on one who would steal it.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:32 am » André: And then inviting me? And Sirrah? *checks Nights hands for any trace of blood*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:32 am » Sirrah: Someone needed time to make a replica.... huh. If bene gets out of this without being involved at *all*, I owe the boys at precinct a buck.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:32 am » Night's hands don't have any trace of blood, but when he holds them out, it shoves back his cloak a bit...
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 am » Ineffable: ...why do I get the sneaking suspicion at last a few of the people here came to steal this thing?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 am » The torso of the shirt is ripped. And THAT has blood on it.
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 am » Ineffable: Oooo..I smell blood! *still isn't admitting to seeing things*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 am » Sirrah: ....Sir? Want to explain this?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:35 am » Night looks down. "Oh... that... I found the costume, and, well... I figured if I was going to try to steal the gizmo anyway..."
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:35 am » Mikhail: Cut yourself shaving?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:35 am » He looks confused.
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 am » Helena: Where did you find the costume?
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 am » Ineffable: So there's two possibilities: Either Night is lying, or he found a bloodied costume AFTER the killer wore and got rid of it. Where did oyu find the costume?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 am » Night: I figured I would just make sure I covered up the rip... and I found it in a study.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 am » Emilee: *Thinks back-she talked to Night when she first arrived. Does he sound the same?*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 am » André, by the way, is following Sirrahs leave and checking hands for blood- I;m sorry, I can; remember all the costumes.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:37 am » No, Emilee, he doesn't- that's what was bugging you before.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:37 am » Emilee: watch him! he's am imposter!
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 am » Ok. Everyone has clean hands, but the Butterfly has some cuts on her palms, and the man in pink has wet sleeves.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 am » Night: ...I JUST SAID I found this costume and put it on. If someone was wearing it before, it wasn't me.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 am » André: Miss? I would like to know where these came from- and you, sir, whyyour sleeves are wet. Please understand I just need the truth, anddon;t care what the truth is.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 am » Pink: I spilled food on my hands, so I went to the kitchen and washed them off.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 am » Emilee: Night has been hurt, or killed, the original Night. And, you expect us to believe you came to a costume party, without a costume? That makes no sense.
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 am » Helena: I had an idea. What if...
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 am » Butterfly: I... erm...
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 am » Helena: Sabatier Banam was previously wearing....
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 am » Helena: This! [points dramatically at the Night costume]
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 am » Emilee: You knew you'd need a costume, to mingle, and steal the device. But you claim you came without one, then found this and decided to wear it?
Professor Zobot « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 am » Ineffable: *Turns to a servant* Where's the study? Take me there. I"m going to investigate
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:41 am » At this point, the second servant finally outbursts,
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:41 am » André: That could be, Helena. Watch where you point, now. I think thats about it, Emlee. Miss Butterfly? Just the fact. You can whisper them to me, if you need.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:41 am » "Oh, shove it, Alaric! Someone's been killed! And you're wearing their costume!"
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:42 am » Helena: Alaric?
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:42 am » The second servant folds his arms. "He's the cook."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 am » André: *turns, smoothly* ....I see. And was the costume, in fact, from a dead man?
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 am » Mikhail: *watches Butterfly*
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 am » Alaric shrugs. "I dunno. I found it in the study.”
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:44 am » Helena: The study, again!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:44 am » Andrew: *glances at butterfly* Thank you, miss.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:45 am » André: ...Right. I don;t think anyone in this room is the murderer. And If I dont; see my daughter soon, I will personaly go spare from worry. Someone should check the studyagain.’
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:46 am » The first servant checks a piece of paper, then points to a door. "The study is that way." He ruffles around in his pockets. "Although I seem to have misplaced my key... Alaric?"
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:46 am » Alaric holds up a key with an 'S' stamped in the handle.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:46 am » Emilee: *sidles up to Sirrah* Have you seen Bene? I was suprised not to see him with you.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:48 am » André is going after Jimothy, Sirrah will follow Ineffable.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 am » Mikhail: What do we do with this lot? *gestures to the guests* I suppose one of us should stay here, to make sure our little lambs don't wander off. I will.
chicgeek « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 am » Emilee will follow Sirrah, curious.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:50 am » The musicians have stopped playing, and are milling about nervously.
Jane Narbon « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:50 am » Helena's following Emilee.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:50 am » Sirrah: ...tch. That should be me. Mikhal? You go.’ Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:50 am » Sirrah will do just that.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:51 am » Ok, we're going to do the group going into the study, then, because Zobot and I haven't done the Jimothy thing and that can wait for another time.
Claire « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:53 am » The first servant takes the key, unlocks a door in the ballroom, and holds the door to the study open for anyone who wants to go in.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:53 am » Well, Bene is going to stay behind, Andre go to find Jimothy, and Sirrah to give mikhal his magnifying glass and stay to watch the guests, beause I really must sleep soon. ^^

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:57 pm 

~The Study~

This room is lined with bookshelves, and has a large fireplace on one wall. There is a desk in the middle of the room, with a simple candle on it for illumination. There are gas lamps along the walls. A dark red carpet is on the floor, complimented by lighter red wallpaper. A book is open on the desk. The bloodstains blend into the carpet, but a smudge of blood can be seen on the hearth of the fireplace. Coming from the ballroom, there is a door straight ahead, and one on the left.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:31 pm 

~Upstairs~

Andre climbs the stairs.

The second floor is far above the ground. The stairs end in a humongous library, which appears to span two rooms. The bookshelves tower on all sides, and several large wooden tables have lit candles on them. There are gas lamps interspersed with the bookshelves. Some maps are lying on the table, as well as a few open books, and there's a letter strewn on the ground next to one of the three doors out of the room. In addition to those doors, you can walk through a large opening to the other portion of the library. Two of the candles are clearly missing off the tables. Neither Jimothy nor Eclair is anywhere to be seen.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:10 pm 

(OOC Note: The following is NOT a conversation as it actually took place! This is a fictionalized account of the conversation that played out as Claire caught Jimothy up to the rest of the group in terms of time... and actually ends a bit later, after Andre's been upstairs for a bit. Some details may have been removed from the original conversation to preserve suspense and some conversations may have been changed to protect the innocent DM.)

Claire wrote:
~Upstairs~
madgirlkate: Hi!
Zobot: Hiya!
madgirlkate: How're you?
Zobot: I'm alright.
Zobot: A bit groggy, but otherwise fine
madgirlkate: Claire: *pokes grog* ...wet!
Zobot: Hee!
madgirlkate: You up for Mystery?
Zobot: I see no reason why not. :-)
madgirlkate: Alright. Give me a sec...
Zobot: No problem.
madgirlkate: Jimothy walks up the for a bit. The second floor is far above the ground. The stairs end in a humongous library, which appears to span two rooms. The bookshelves tower on all sides, and several large wooden tables have lit candles on them. There are gas lamps interspersed with the bookshelves. Some maps are lying on the table, as well as a few open books, and there's a letter strewn on the ground next to one of the three doors out of the room. In addition to those doors, you can walk through a large opening to the other portion of the library. There are no kittygirls to be seen.
Zobot: Jimothy: What's going on here? Eclair? ECLAIR? Andre is looking for you! Come out.... hm, what's this? *He examines the maps, and then the books, and the letter.* Odd... how bizarre to have so many different books on such diverse topics. The Master must have been quite erudite.
madgirlkate: The letter is a note from a locksmith, saying that if Sabatier would like, the door could be fixed so it would actually STAY locked. It's dated 3 years ago.
madgirlkate: You might be able to find more information if you looked further.
madgirlkate: The books- there's one that's a book about the history of the supernatural, with a page open to this area a few decades ago, there's one on the preperation of raw fish, and there's one on perception versus reality.
madgirlkate: It's a philosophy book.
Zobot: Jimothy: Fascinating... Hmm... according to this book, by 'seeing' something you in essence 'create' it, and without the observer the observed might not exist, while things not observed might exist. The writer does tend to prattle on about it, though. *Frowns* I'm wasting time! I have to find this Eclair girl... for Andre.
Zobot: ....does the letter mention which door/doors the locksmith was talking about, the ones that don't "Stay locked"?
madgirlkate: No, it doesn't.
Zobot: Jimothy: Hm. *He turns his attention to the book on the supernatural*
madgirlkate: Page it's open to talks about weird stuff that would be found in this area, and a few rumors of people losing limbs or being cut in half or something completely out of nowhere.
Zobot: Wow.
Zobot: Crazy stuff. Ok... Let me ask a weird question: Can Jimothy go through a door from here?
madgirlkate: Err, does Jimothy know there's a door in the lirbrary?
madgirlkate: (presumably, from what he's just seen on those maps, I suppose...)
Zobot: I'm GUESSING he does. :-) Is it locked?
madgirlkate: Yup!
madgirlkate: There's a door, but it's locked. As Jimothy turns the handle, it jiggles slightly, then won't turn anymore.
Zobot: Jimothy: Grr... I can't be held back! I have to find Eclair! I owe it to Andre, he's been quite nice since I've met him. (OOC: "It jiggles slightly"... does that mean the door or the handle?)
madgirlkate: Handle.
Zobot: If it's the door, Jimothy will try to force it open. "Grr! I will not be denied by a thrice-cursed door!" If it's the handle, then he's going to try and jiggle it until it pops off. Sometimes you can get through a loose door that way.
Zobot: ...not that I have any REASON to know that. <<;
madgirlkate: *snerk*
madgirlkate: Well, Jimothy jiggles the handle for a bit... and then it turns all the way and the door opens.
madgirlkate: It's not locked anymore.
madgirlkate: (this is how the lock on my friend's door works ^^ )
Zobot: Jimothy: ...bwah? Oh... that must be the lock from the letter. Good to know. Miss Eclair? Are you in here? Andre sent me to find you...
Zobot: Alright, he'll proceed through
madgirlkate: (one sec for description)
madgirlkate: Excellent... Mwa hah hah!
Zobot: Someone in another chat session told me I'm supposed to "Tell claire it was Teal, with the candle stick in the conservatory"
madgirlkate: Claire: ...buh?
madgirlkate: Claire: *so confused*
madgirlkate: Teal: *also so confused* Peep? *totally used the lead pipe*
Zobot: Heehee
madgirlkate: The room is quite obviously a laboratory of some sort. There’s the standard huge crackly thing that serves no purpose besides looking pretty, large tables, chemicals, several bookshelves, notes, a huge mass of turning gears covering the floor, a readout on the wall next to the door, a ticking grandfather clock displaying the wrong time, and a floor mat reading ‘welcome’ right in front of the door. The room has two other doors besides the one you came in, one to the left, and one slightly left and slightly ahead. There is a key on one of the tables.
Zobot: (Text deliberately removed to preserve the mystique)
Zobot: Regardless... Jimothy's course is clear. He's going to search the room throughly for hiding scared kitty girls. "Eclair? I'm a friend! Where are you? Do you need any help?"
Zobot: "Eclair? It's ok, your daddy sent me... are you here?"
madgirlkate: There's no sign of any kittygirls, hiding, scared, or not.
madgirlkate: There aren't really too many hiding places in the room, either- it's pretty open.
Zobot: Fair enough. Just thought I'd mention that. Jimothy's goal isn't to learn more about the house right now, it's to find Eclair. He just keeps getting sidetracked by curiosity.
madgirlkate: Hee hee hee...
Zobot: (Text removed: Details that the other players wouldn't know about Jimothy's actions. He'll tell you stuff about what he did if you ask, though)
madgirlkate: (Text removed: Details that the other players wouldn't know about Jimothy's actions. He'll tell you stuff about what he did if you ask, though. Hoo hoo hoo hoo!)
Zobot: I... think Jimothy will check his pocketwatch and correct the time on the grandfather clock
madgirlkate: Ok. The clock, despite being about 6 hours and 18 minutes off the correct time, is still almost all the way wound. Jimothy corrects the time.
madgirlkate: No problem.
Zobot: (Text removed: Details that the other players wouldn't know about Jimothy's actions. He'll tell you stuff about what he did if you ask, though)
madgirlkate: (Text removed: Details that the other players wouldn't know about Jimothy's actions. He'll tell you stuff about what he did if you ask, though! Mwa hah hah!)
Zobot: Jimothy: Oh my... so every 9 hours... and the house... Uh oh. And it's coming up soon. That could be bad. That could be VERY bad.
madgirlkate: :-P
Zobot: Well, he'll worry about that later. in any event, no kittys here, so he'll look under the welcome mat.
madgirlkate: Success! He finds a key with a '1' on the handle!
Zobot: Ok... he'll pocket the key... "This might be handy later on. I wonder if there's other keys to other rooms somewhere? I should hold onto them. It'll be helpful in helping Andre and his investigation." and go back to the Library. Is there any other doorways in that room? Possibly south?
madgirlkate: Yes, there's a doorway to the south.
Zobot: Ok. He'll try the #1 key there.
madgirlkate: The key fits! The door opens.
Zobot: Ok, he'll go in. "Eclair? Eclair? Your dad, Andre, is worried about you... where are you?"
madgirlkate: The room is dark. You are very VERY likely to be eaten by a GRUE. :-p
Zobot: Hm.... Ok... he'll leave the door open and try to make out anything he can from the light from the other room "Miss Eclair? It's unlikely you'd be in here so I don't know why I'm bothering talking, but are you here?"
madgirlkate: Alright. There are lit candles on the tables. He can grab one of those.
madgirlkate: (The lab was mostly lit by the large zappy thing, I think)
Zobot: That works. "Mario- Err... Eclair? You in here...somehow?"
Zobot: (Yeah, but he was in the library to get to this door, by my watch. I may be wrong, though. You're in charge, not me)
madgirlkate: (Oh! Yeah, you're right. I was just letting you know, because I forgot to put it in before)
madgirlkate: Ok, snooping around with the candle, he can see that the room itself is large, containing not only a couch, table, some chairs, and two small dressers, but a humongous bed. You know which room you're in, so I'm not going to bother detailing the doors.
Zobot: Fair enough. He'll probably check out the dressers just in case someone's hidden something in them (Maybe a shrunken catgirl? I dunno, I'm expecting anything at this point) and then check under the pillows of the bed for anything... does it look like someone's been suing it? If he finds nothing, he'll probably check for a door to the east.
madgirlkate: There's a key labled 'S' under one of the pillows, but no kittygirls anywhere. And the bed doesn't look like it's been used for quite a while.
madgirlkate: There is a door to the 'east'.
Zobot: He'll take the "S" Key... Inventory: 2 keys, but no kittens. :-)
Zobot: Jimothy: Hm. *He goes through the door.*
Zobot: Note that I'm keeping all doors open from here on out to track my progress, if I can
madgirlkate: Well, they all slide shut, like the ones of the first floor...
Zobot: Ah. Darn
Zobot: Well he'll take a candle anyway. Just to have a spare light in addition to the one he's carrying. He's sure no one would mind. :-p
madgirlkate: Hee! Ok!
madgirlkate: New room!
Zobot: Rule 1 of Adventuring: Never be without a light source.
Zobot: 'cause that's when the GRUEs getcha
madgirlkate: Claire: *puts a baby GRUE in David's hair*
Zobot: DvaidOOC: Eep eep eep!
madgirlkate: This room is smaller, and also unlit. It's a bedroom as well. There's a dresser with a suprisingly large mirror, a smaller bed, a chest, and a bedside table with a key on it.
madgirlkate: No kitties here, either.
Zobot: Hmm... Jimothy will take the key, as it'll aid his housecat search (probably) and look in the mirror first off
madgirlkate: Key is for room 'F'
Zobot: Good to know
madgirlkate: In the mirror, Jimothy sees... HIMSELF!
madgirlkate: The mirror is connected to one of those vanity dresser things.
Zobot: Jimothy: Eep! Perhaps I should check that chest?
Zobot: He'll do that
madgirlkate: Alright. The chest has clothes in it. They look like they belong to the maid or someone.
madgirlkate: (someone female)
madgirlkate: (and a servant)
Zobot: Ok... fair enough.
Zobot: Hmm... he'll check under the pillows again (hey, it worked once...) and then look under the bed and then leave back to the other room
madgirlkate: Nothing of interest. It's not dusty under the bed, though, and it looks like someone has slept in this bed.
madgirlkate: So he's going to try to head back to the library?
Zobot: Err...yes?
Zobot: Well, no
Zobot: He was gonna head to the main bedroom and then try to find any other doors
madgirlkate: Ok, he goes into the main bedroom, and it's still the same room.
madgirlkate: There's another door on the west side of the bedroom
Zobot: Going into it!
Zobot: "Eeeeeclair? Eeeeclair?"
madgirlkate: It's another bathroom. This one has a desert motif, for some reason. There's a painting of a coyote and a road runner on one wall. There aren't any kittygirls here.
Zobot: Ok... good to know.... hm. he'll try moving the paintings?
madgirlkate: Well, the painting comes off the wall, but there isn't anything of interest behind it except more wall.
Zobot: Well, I tried. Is there another door out?
madgirlkate: Yes, but it opens into a large closet. It's hard to see anything, there are so many clothes. You can't see any of the walls. It's all men's clothing and men's shoes. Probably pretty unimportant.
Zobot: Jimothy: Eclair? Are you hiding in here? Your father is scared and needs you? *He's going to try finding a wall by pushing through the clothes... AFTER putting out his first candle. Clothes and fire = no good*
madgirlkate: Well, he doesn't hear anything. After pushing through the clothing for a bit, he reaches a small section of wall.
madgirlkate: The room isn't lit, so if he doesn't have a candle, it's dark.
Zobot: Ok... he's going to try and trace his hands along the wall, feeling out the perimeter of the room. If he can't find anything, he'll give up and leave it
Zobot: I wish I COULD use the candle, but I don't want to risk a house fire... :-(
madgirlkate: Well, it takes a while. The room isn't tiny. Jimothy starts feeling his way around the room...
madgirlkate: Eventually, he finds a small, easy-to-miss button.
madgirlkate: In the wall.
Zobot: Jimothy: Intriguing! *Pushes it*
madgirlkate: Jimothy- you hear a click.
madgirlkate: And something moves.
Zobot: ?
Zobot: He'll look around
madgirlkate: After more perimeter searching, he finds the door into the unknown!
Zobot: Yay! Entering it!
madgirlkate: But yes. Yaaay!
madgirlkate: Ok, let's see... you know, this would be really cryptic for someone to read. I wonder if someone's putting words in my mouth as they edit this? ;-p I guess the reader'll never know, hee!
madgirlkate: It's very dark- relight the candle?
Zobot: yes
Zobot: Doing that
madgirlkate: This room has a bunch of pictures all over the walls- you recognize some of them as rooms you've been in before. There's a piece of paper pinned up next to the door, and a bunch of journals on the table. A thick layer of dust coats everything. There's a pile of papers set on one of the chairs next to the table, and the other chair is empty. There's also a quill and ink on the table.
Zobot: "What madness is this? Pictures of the different rooms?" Ok... his curiosity has got the better of him. He's going to look over the pinned up piece of paper first
madgirlkate: (This text removed for mysticism! Ask Jimothy about what he did to learn more!)
madgirlkate: Is written on the paper.
Zobot: Jimothy: ...??? Maybe there's something more in the journals." (He's going to skim through the pages of each of them looking for something of interest)
madgirlkate: The journals are either travel diaries or a fictional story written like travel diaries. They mention things like wizards, space aliens, time travelers, etc., and seem to be written from the perspective of Sabatier Banam.
Zobot: Jimothy: ...intriguing. Maybe these might be useful for the others to see. (He's going to pocket them for now. He'll put them back later
madgirlkate: The journals?
Zobot: Yes
madgirlkate: They're book-sized. And there are a lot of them. Does he have adventurer pockets?
Zobot: ...darn. Good point.
Zobot: Thrice-accursed realism. Oh well. He'll leave them there
Zobot: What about the pile of papers? Anything interesting there?
madgirlkate: More maps.
Zobot: Ah
Zobot: just those 2?
madgirlkate: Yeah.
Zobot: Hm...good to know.
Zobot: Jimothy: But this means... there's another way to the second floor? And the red lines... ah! Why didn't I see it before! Stupid...

Jimothy, cursing his own foolishness, is going to leave the secret room and go back out towards the library, heading through the rooms and re-lighting his candle to guide his way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Ineffable-

"Hey! I'm not gonna be left behind!" She's running after Andre up the stairs.

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 am 
Heh heh heh.

Helena looked closely at the stains with her 'fan'.

"Well, well," she said. "I came out of one of these passages not an hour ago. Perhaps there is one here?"

Helena then examined the book and the shelves, looking for anything out of place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:26 pm 

~Helena~

The book is some sort of numerical reference table. The shelves have a lot of reference books and fictional stories. It's hard to tell what is out of place and what's supposed to be there. One of the books on the shelf has a piece of paper stuffed in it.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:27 pm 

The second floor is far above the ground. The stairs end in a humongous library, which appears to span two rooms. The bookshelves tower on all sides, and several large wooden tables have lit candles on them. Two of the candles have been removed. There are gas lamps interspersed with the bookshelves. A few open books are lying on the table, the three doors out of the room. In addition to those doors, you can walk through a large opening to the other portion of the library.
madgirlkate: (6:33:04 PM) (sorry for the font change, I had to edit the description I hade. ^^)
insanityluc: (6:33:28 PM) ((It;s fine.))
insanityluc: (6:33:51 PM) Andro steps forward, immediately checking the open books.
madgirlkate: (6:37:43 PM) ... *headdesk*
madgirlkate: (6:37:57 PM) AIM apparently decided to uncheck the 'log conversations' button...
madgirlkate: (6:38:01 PM) One sec.
insanityluc: (6:39:20 PM) Haha... alright.
madgirlkate: (6:41:06 PM) There are three books- there's one open to a bit about weird creatures that used to come out of this place, and rumors about people in the area being cut in half or losing limbs for no reason; there's one about philosphy and illusion and reality and such; and there's one about exotic food preparations, open to a page about raw fish.
insanityluc: (6:42:52 PM) Andre makes note of the books, and then checks what else are an the tables- anything besides candles and books?
madgirlkate: (6:44:11 PM) No dust or anything. The tables are clean. The candles have had some time to drip down. One of the tables is thicker than the others.
insanityluc: (6:44:39 PM) Andre searches for secret panels!
madgirlkate: (6:45:23 PM)Transfer completed:1st Floor Outer Ring complete.jpg
madgirlkate: (6:45:31 PM) Andre finds a secret panel with something hidden in it!
insanityluc: (6:46:21 PM) He examines the map, noting the room outlay. Theres a room to either side and forward, right?
madgirlkate: (6:48:00 PM) Let me think... coming up from the stairs, there are two doors to his left, both at different angles, an opening into another room to his right and slightly ahead, and another door to his right and slightly behind.
insanityluc: (6:49:39 PM) He's trying to see if the L marked space on the map stands for Library- but it isn;t matching up quite. He;s going to peer into the first of the two left doors.
madgirlkate: (6:50:45 PM) Alright. The first of the two left doors opens into what is clearly a laboratory of some sort. There’s the standard huge crackly thing that serves no purpose besides looking pretty, large tables, chemicals, several bookshelves, notes, a huge mass of turning gears covering the floor, a readout on the wall next to the door, a grandfather clock with its hands jammed at the correct time, and a floor mat reading ‘welcome’ right in front of the door. The room has two other doors besides the one you came in, one to the left, and one slightly left and slightly ahead. There is a key on one of the tables.
insanityluc: (6:53:25 PM) Andre checks his pocketwatch, seeing if the clock is really set at the right time... a little fascinated.
madgirlkate: (6:53:50 PM) The clock's really set at the correct time. It's not ticking, though- its hands have been clearly jammed in place.
insanityluc: (6:56:01 PM) Andre looks at the key, and then lifts up the welcome mat.
madgirlkate: (6:56:33 PM) The key has the letter 'D' stamped on the handle. There's nothing under the welcome mat.
insanityluc: (6:59:34 PM) He pockets it, and looks at he notes.
madgirlkate: (7:01:30 PM) The notes are mostly about the workings of the house. There's a LONG thing about the right gear ratios to use to get the readout to work properly. It mentions that the house is on a 9-hour rotation cycle, and QF is important.
insanityluc: (7:02:33 PM) Andre will copy out the notes in his NOTEBOOK, even if he can;t make all that much sense of them. He will then examine the GEARS.
madgirlkate: (7:03:41 PM) The GEARS appear to have two layers. Each one of these has at least one HUGE gear, and several smaller gears. The GEARBOX is clearly bigger than the room, even if it's only visible in here.
insanityluc: (7:05:56 PM) André tries to calculate in his notebook about the volumes involved, and then has a headache. he checks the tables for anything else of interest.
madgirlkate: (7:07:08 PM) The tables have nothing of note.
insanityluc: (7:08:55 PM) He will make a cursory look over the shelves, just in case.
madgirlkate: (7:09:21 PM) Mostly books on chemistry, some one machining and gear profiling and boring things like that.
madgirlkate: (7:09:30 PM) *didn't like the gear manufacturing unit*
insanityluc: (7:12:16 PM) He abandons them, then, and checks th egrandfather clock- there could be a hidden passage.
madgirlkate: (7:12:37 PM) The Grandfather clock is, suprisingly, hidden passage free.
madgirlkate: (7:15:56 PM) You can tell, though, that it's almost entirely wound.
insanityluc: (7:17:38 PM) He attempts to unjam the mechanisim.
madgirlkate: (7:17:50 PM) Success! The clock starts ticking again.
insanityluc: (7:18:12 PM) He feels good about that, and then realizes he has no idea what hels accomplished.
madgirlkate: (7:18:32 PM) *is amused*
madgirlkate: (7:18:41 PM) *gives OOCAndre a bit of cheese as a reward*
insanityluc: (7:19:03 PM) OOCAndre: *noms cheese*
insanityluc: (7:19:25 PM) He then takes the slightly left and slightly ahead room.
madgirlkate: (7:19:38 PM) From back in the library?
insanityluc: (7:20:17 PM) Er, no? You described this room as having such a door.
madgirlkate: (7:21:16 PM) Oh! So I did.
madgirlkate: (7:21:37 PM) Said door is, unfortunately, locked.
insanityluc: (7:22:06 PM) He tries the key.
madgirlkate: (7:22:15 PM) The key doesn't fit.
insanityluc: (7:23:42 PM) He tries a firm shoulder.
madgirlkate: (7:24:15 PM) The door's one of the slidy-ones. It's not going to shove open well.
insanityluc: (7:24:45 PM) He hurts his shoulder instead, and tries the other lefthand door.
madgirlkate: (7:24:55 PM) This door is ALSO locked.
insanityluc: (7:27:10 PM) He thumbs his nose at them, and retirns to the library.
madgirlkate: (7:27:24 PM) Heh. Nothing has changed in the library since he was last here.
insanityluc: (7:29:10 PM) He checks the other potion of the library for something interesting.
insanityluc: (7:29:18 PM) Specificaly, signs of cat fur...
insanityluc: (7:29:25 PM) Actualy, he will call out "Eclaire?"
madgirlkate: (7:35:02 PM) He hears SOMETHING in response, but it's really faint, and hard to tell where it's coming from. There's a bit of cat fur on a nearby vase, and a book laying on the floor. This section is pretty similar to the other section, although there's a statue of a clank near one wall.
insanityluc: (7:38:25 PM) "Claire? I can;t tell where you are!" he picks up the book, to try and see...
madgirlkate: (7:39:55 PM) The book was laying open, facedown on the floor, and a page is bent from where it was lying. Someone was reading about Nikola Tesla.
madgirlkate: (7:40:19 PM) There's another noise. It might be coming from near the wall with the statue.
insanityluc: (7:41:26 PM) Andre checkes the statue for hidden levers, well aware of how these things can go.
madgirlkate: (7:41:56 PM) There's a not-very hidden switch that's currently in the 'on' position... it looks like it's part of the statue, though.
insanityluc: (7:42:38 PM) He flicks it off all the same, to see what happens.
madgirlkate: (7:42:50 PM) A nearby bookcase swings open.
insanityluc: (7:43:26 PM) "Eclaire?" he asks, stepping forward...
madgirlkate: (7:44:34 PM) Eclair is inside the passage. She's been tied up, with a bit of rope stuck in her mouth. She's also got a bruise on her head, with some dried blood mattting down some fur and hair. "Mmmf!"
madgirlkate: (7:45:41 PM) Andre has found the kittygirl!
insanityluc: (7:46:37 PM) Andre feels a bolt of fury and panic, and sets to untying and patching her up- drawing out s basic SMALL POLICE OFFICERS AIDE KID to tend to he hurts. "Oh gods! Are you alright? Don;t sit up- hold on... I;m so so sorry I diddn;t come earlier..."
madgirlkate: (7:47:35 PM) As Andre unties the ropes holding her hands, he notices they're a bit... chewed looking. She hugs one of his arms. "Daaaaaaaaaa."
madgirlkate: (7:47:52 PM) Eclair: It was dark and I was scared and it hurt... but you rescued me.... *huuuuuuugs*
insanityluc: (7:48:15 PM) "Oh gods..." he bandages her up gently, pickin her up gently. "I;m so sorry... I;m so so sorry I should have come sooner... what did this? Did you see?"
madgirlkate: (7:49:17 PM) Eclair: *hugs~* The lady in the white costume let me explore the passage when she opened it... and then something hit me and I woke up and it was dark and I couldn't move...
insanityluc: (7:50:16 PM) He crouches, and gently pushes her up onto his back- supporting her by the legs. "Here, wrap your arms around my shoulders... try not to hurt your hands. The one in white? Hrmm..."
madgirlkate: (7:54:14 PM) What does Andre do now?
insanityluc: (7:54:45 PM) I missed a post, unless nothing came after mylast one.
madgirlkate: (7:54:59 PM) Eclair: There's nothing wrong with my hands... *happily hugs*
insanityluc: (7:55:43 PM) "But, sweetheart, you were tied up... it must have cut off the blood..." he;s being intensely fretty, as is his wont. He easily piggybacks her, picking up the book.
madgirlkate: (7:56:15 PM) Eclair: Ok, Da... *snuggles, purring* Ooooh... that's a good book.
insanityluc: (7:57:01 PM) He reads the page opene to. "Were you reading this?"
madgirlkate: (7:57:27 PM) Eclair: Uh-huh! It was in the library. I found it.
insanityluc: (7:57:58 PM) Andre: Was it then that you were hit?
madgirlkate: (7:58:49 PM) Eclair: Well, I started reading it, and was looking at some books... and then the lady came and opened the passage, and I thought it was cool! And she said I could look at the passage but I guess I was still holding the book and I dropped it when I got hit.
insanityluc: (8:00:10 PM) André: If we saw her, could you point her out?
madgirlkate: (8:00:32 PM) Eclair: She was wearing a mask...
madgirlkate: (8:00:55 PM) Eclair: It was white and had white beading around the edge.
insanityluc: (8:03:00 PM) André: Attagirl. We should find Jimothy... he went to look for you. andthen you need rest...
madgirlkate: (8:03:25 PM) Eclair: Will that make my head stop hurting? *purrs because Da's here now*
insanityluc: (8:06:38 PM) André: Rest? yes. And a little asparin.... where would Jimothy be... or should we go downstairs?
madgirlkate: (8:07:44 PM) Eclair: I dunno... *snuggles* Is the party fun? Is there cheese left?
insanityluc: (8:10:13 PM) André: *hands her a small WAX COATED CHEES WHEEL* It;s mostly full of merder mystery and theft, sadly. *he will try the next door to theright from the SCIENCE room*
madgirlkate: (8:10:54 PM) Eclair: *happy noms on the CHEESE WHEEL* ...wait murder? What if Da was murdered?!
madgirlkate: (8:10:57 PM) Eclair: ...wait...
madgirlkate: (8:11:13 PM) Eclair: ...you weren't murdered, right? *wibble*
madgirlkate: (8:11:27 PM) Eclair: *still a bit fuzzy from the bump on the head*
madgirlkate: (8:11:59 PM) The door to the right of the SCIENCE room is locked.
insanityluc: (8:14:32 PM) André: No, sweetie. I;m safe. 8snuggles* Hmm... *troes the D key*
madgirlkate: (8:14:41 PM) The D key doesn't fit.
madgirlkate: (8:14:54 PM) Eclair: Whew... *snuggles, purring* Daaaaaaa~
insanityluc: (8:15:22 PM) He tries the last door, then.
insanityluc: (8:15:27 PM) "Yes, Da~"
madgirlkate: (8:15:45 PM) Success! The last door is unlocked!
madgirlkate: (8:15:59 PM) The room is dark.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 pm 

As per usual Demsdale made no noise as he approached his employer from behind. That is until he spoke up suddenly. "Oh bother, terribly sorry sir, I must have let my attention slip." The sudden declaration was professionally apologetic and he looked the secret passage over calmly. "Shall I investigate the passage sir?" He knew Eclaire would be safe with Andre, in fact he wondered at times why the nobleman even needed a butler as skilled in combat as himself.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next