Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Steampunk Party
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:27 am 
Heh heh heh.

Helena looked closely at the painting. She was sure she was familiar with the figure depicted therein... someone she had known.... or....?
Closing her eyes for a second, she concentrated. It took a number of further glances and concentrations before she was sure she could remember the painting with any accuracy.

With a nod, Helena took her leave of the room, heading into the ballroom. Seeing the Invention would be most interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:21 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

~Helena~

The ballroom is a huge room, with a golden trim and light yellow walls, together with a white marble floor. Off to one side, a group of five people in a more blue version of the servants’ costumes play a large grand piano and a variety of stringed instruments. Large crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling, and gas lamps line the walls. To the right, a large staircase, also marble, leads to the second floor. To the right of the staircase, a slight corridor is formed with a door at the end. There is a door directly across the room, as well as one across and slightly to the left, at an odd angle. Another woman in a servant's costume circulates the room with a tray of cheese and crackers.

In the center of the room, a woman with an enormous hoop skirt is examining something. Large, brightly colorful wings are attached to her back. Near her stands a man in a black and white costume, with a glittery beaked mask and feathered wings attached between his arms and his torso. He is curiously looking at something, as well.

Shortly after Helena enters the ballroom, the man in the light blue costume does as well. He walks toward the musicians.

Spam Poison. I think.

Last edited by Kate on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:03 pm 

Emilee grins at the Man in the Iron Mask. "I'll refresh your memory. Our absent host is one Sabatier Banam, and I've never met the man myself. But the invitation made me curious enough to accept. I'm looking forward to seeing Mr.Tesla's invention!"
Emilee nods to Sir Chanticleer the rooster, and his ward. The room is filling up. Upon seeing the man who's a blue outline in an elegant suit, her eyes widen. "My word, how on earth did he achieve that effect? Extrodinary. Hmmm...perhaps if one could bend rays of light away, and focus others..." She shakes her head to clear it. "Be that as it may."
It's pleasant conversing with this...this naggingly familiar fellow. But she really should be moving on.
"Well, I'm glad you escaped from your cell for the party, Sir Mask, " Emilee smiles, and has her last strawberry.
A moment later, the penny drops. Kidnap, Sir, that voice...so he did make it to the right party! Even though he doesn't seem to recognize her. Heh.
She starts to walk away, and turns her head, calling softly over her shoulder. "Off to the ballroom. Must fly!" Followed by a wink so fast he's not sure he saw it.
Emilee strides off with a cheerful heart. That's all the hint he's getting.
This will be an interesting evening!

Mikhail gives her surrounding a frank apprasial. "Nice. Very posh. If a bit overdone. Come, Sir Peacock. Let us mingle." She murmurs quietly, "you aren't getting out of a dance with me, you know. All work and no play is unhealthy...we can squeeze that in between skulking. So, wither first?"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 pm 

8:30 pm

The woman in the butterfly costume straightens, having finished her examination. She smiles at the man in the feathered costume, and the two of them start to dance.

Where the woman was standing, slightly off from the center of the ballroom, is a large pedestal made of stone. On the pedestal is a thick glass case, securely attached to the top of the pedestal. Something metallic is on display inside the case.

The man in the light blue costume talks with the musicians as they play.

The man in the night costume returns to the buffet room, once again walking through it, and back to the entrance hall. He gives Emilee a courteous nod as he passes through. Eclair has happily loaded up a large plate (mostly with cheese) and monches on it as she admires SiB's costume.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:45 pm 

Bene had not joined the main room, just yet. After all, he wasn't here for... or rather, just for fun. Hoho, not the man with a trophy for most creative jailbreak... well, they *said* he had a trophy. Every time he went to go and get it, he always had to leave before he could find it... a pity. Anyhow, tonight... was for adventure.

Not moping. No moping. Not even a little. Nnnnope. He looked around, andpicked the door directly to his left, in the entrance hall.

-Sirrah-

"...Alright. A dance." he relented, looking around.

"Hrm... think we could get a servant to start talking? I tend to start with questioning... but then, before we got nothing. Snooping, then... tch. Would that we had a warrant. Should we just go at random? Maybe theres a cellar... "

-André-

He stepped up behind Eclair, fuzzing her hair. He was idly amused by the bustle- intreaged by the movement... something seemed to be going on, here. "Come on, dear~ Lets go and admire the costumes." he said, taking her arm and leading her to the ballroom.

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:10 pm 

Eclair bounces happily, following her Da out of the buffet room. Bene walks past them, into the buffet room as they enter the entrance hall, just as Emilee starts toward the same door.

Her Da notes the sign, taking her through the door that's designated to lead to the ball room.

This room is has a light green carpet and trim, with white walls. Gas lamps light the room. There are several large dark green couches around the edges of the room, with delicate tables and a variety of chairs scattered throughout the room. Entering from the entrance hall, a large bookcase is on your right, filled with light reading. The only door is at the opposite end of the room.The left wall has the majority of the couches, with end tables between several of them. In one corner is a fern in a large, round, dark-blue pot. A lovely green-and-silver harpsichord stands in another.

Eclair skips to the only door at the opposite end of the room. "I wanna see the fancy gizmo!"

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:12 pm 

Mikhail arches an elegant eyebrow. "Warrant? We're guests. So we get lost in this monstrosity of a house...or can't resist examining the post modernist wainscotting, or the avant guard tulip forcers. Or, we're looking for a powder room, and lost our way...it'll help if we have a little alcohol on our breaths, to make it more plausible. Rinse your mouth with it if you don't drink. People will take anything from the supposed upper crust-just be genially arrogant and obtuse. And if we find any interesting souvineers...papers, smoking guns...this dress may cling, but there's a few hidden pockets. More so in that lovely outfit I procured for you."
She smirks, and casually leans forward to peck Sirrah on the cheek. "As for any questioning...we don't dare tip our hand, so keep that in mind. Care to breeze through the party areas first, get the lay of things, and a glimpse of our fellow guests? Or skip straight to the skulking?"

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:15 am 
Heh heh heh.

Helena moved to the case, examining the device inside. Truly, a work of genius.

After a time, she straightened up, looking around. It was truly a nice ballroom, but she needed conversation. And, it certainly looked as if a few of the people coming in were quite ripe for it.

The swan moved over to the rooster.
"Lord André!" Helena said, extending her hand for him to kiss. "What a pleasant surprise!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:47 am 
Hyperkeeper

SoItBegins moved on through the buffet room, chatting to a few of the guest about this and that, and sampling the many delicacies available. Something about the area was getting on his nerves, but he wasn't quite sure what it was. Some instinct...

SiB slowly made his way to the door, returning to the entrance hall. He would stand, waiting around, and watch what went on. Maybe he would figure out why he felt on edge, all of a sudden....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:39 pm 

Eclair opens the door and runs over to look at the gizmo. Her Da follows.

The gizmo is about the size of an apple, with what appears to be a fine copper-and-steel mesh covering it. Upon closer examination, however, it proves to be an incredible amount of jointed rods layered on top of one another. Underneath the rods, gears faintly whir.

After a few moments, Eclair decides that she is bored of the gizmo. She runs up the stairs to see what's on the second floor.

SoItBegins returns to the entrance hall. It is a large, open room with a high ceiling. Two chandeliers hang from the ceiling, lighting the entire room. A large red carpet covers the floor. Each of the four walls has a door in the center, with the door to the outside being the most elegant. The room has a lovely marble trim, and paintings of forests decorating the walls. Entering from the outside, a sign states that the buffet is through the door on the left, and the dining hall is through the door to the right. Potted plants sit in each corner, and there’s a red, comfortable-looking couch along the wall next to the door to the buffet.

The man in the green frog costume and the man in the blue costume have both left. A male servant is cleaning the room a bit.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:59 pm 

-Sgt. Jimothy and Ineffable-

"Just keep running!" Jimothy yelled, holding his costume.

"Oh dear oh dear oh dear..." Ineffable trailed behind him, a bag with her costume in her hands.

After a while of running, they stopped to take a breath. What had been pursuing them appeared to have been lost. Jimothy looked over at his companion. "We tell NO ONE what we did to get these costumes."

Ineffable nodded. "Agreed. Now let us change."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Later...-

"I dispute that costume. It's nonsensical." Sgt. Jimothy grumbled. "You ought to be wearing a proper one."

"It is merely garb that hides my true identity. Is that not the definition of a costume?" Ineffable stood in front of him, looking pretty weird: She was quite literally dressed up as a brown-furred kitty: wearing an outfit with a long tail trailing behind her and a hairband with false feline ears perking up out of her hair. Adorned around her neck was a large collar with a bell. She smiled and giggled.

Jimothy frowned. "It is improper. You can't just dress up as a cat and claim that is a costume. A halloween costume ought to be something with a story behind it." He stood before her, two enormous feathery wings spread out behind his back, bursting forth out of a toga wrapped around his body, a falsely flaming sword strapped to his side. "For example, my costume is the angel Michael."

Ineffable looked at him. "I... can see that. Do you notice that the wings actually seem to twitch whenever you get angry?"

Jimothy raised an eyebrow. "Why would they do that? They're just fake wings."

"Yes... fake." Ineffable had her reservations, but she kept quiet. She was a bit nervous about where they'd gotten their costumes from. HERS was definately mundane, but her superior's... well, it wasn't that important. "Regardless, my costume is fine, sir. After all, there's never been such a thing as a cat girl... oh look, we're at the gates to the mansion. Show them our invitation so we can get in."

"Right, right." Sgt. Jimothy approached the doorman and removed the invitation they'd found from the folds of his toga. "Two to get in, please."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:11 pm 

Unfortunately for David and Ineffable, there was no doorman. The doorman, assuming there would be no more guests, had gone inside shortly before. There is, however, a sign saying that the party is through the door.

Through the door, the entrance hall is a large, open room with a high ceiling. Two unlit chandeliers hang from the ceiling, but the room is illuminated by gas lamps along the walls. The carpet is a pale lilac, matched by gold trim around the room. A hat rack by the door has several hats and a long, brown-striped scarf. The room only has two doors, on opposite sides. A dark purple couch along one wall sits next to an end-table with an open letter on it. Above the couch is a large painting of a blue jay, a hare, and a fox on a picnic. Along the other wall is an enormous painting of a city, at the center of which is a huge castle. The castle seems to somehow cast reflections of itself into the corners of the painting, as well as into the distance. Each reflection is somehow different from the central city, as well as being in less vivid color as the distance increases.

This room has no one in it.

Spam Poison. I think.

Last edited by Kate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:52 pm 

-Sgt. Jimothy and Ineffable Mysterious NPC-

"Oh my." Jimothy looked around the entrance hall. "It does seem like our host enjoys quite an opulent lifestyle. I wonder what Lord Banam did to amass all his wealth?" He frowned. "It looks like the party's moved on from here before we even arrived." He stopped to admire the painting above the couch. "Hm... a blue jay, a hare, and a fox sharing a meal? Interesting... I wonder who made it?" He took the time to scrutinize it a bit further.

Ineffable Mysterious NPC looked over at the other picture, the enormous painting of a city with a castle in the center of it. "Mmm... Lord Banam is quite fond of art, yes? An interesting picture of architecture..."

Jimothy raised an eyebrow. "How do you know what's on that painting? Or even that there's a picture in front of you? Aren't you blind?"

Ineffable frowned. "I'm... mysterious. Still thy tongue!" She responded, turning towards him for a moment and sticking her own tongue out at him, then turned back to examine the painting. "Where do you think everyone else is? I haven't heard anyone else in this mansion... and you certainly haven't seen anyone or you'd have mentioned it or at least greeted them..."

Jimothy nodded. "I know... This certainly is queer. I'm a bit unnerved that we've seen no other people. Perhaps we're just late? Or perhaps the party was canceled? Hmm..."

Ineffable nodded. "Or it could just be that we're the last guests to arrive and everyone else is deeper within. Still, this place does have an air of danger, does it? Perhaps this place is a haunting grounds for ghosts?" She shivered. "Now that I dwell upon it, I have a bit of an odd sensation..." She turned and pointed, oddly enough, exactly in the direction where Lord Andre would be standing. "I... get the feeling that your destiny lay that way. A bit over there." She frowned. "But I don't know WHY..."

Jimothy frowned. "You know I put no stock in your revelations, Eff. Now let me admire this painting in peace. I'm trying to figure out who put it up..." He looked for a signature or a maker's mark or something.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:59 pm 

~Jimothy and Ineffable~

The lower right-hand corner of the picnic painting has a small 'W' inscribed on it. The larger painting, of the reflected city, has the letters 'RZ' scrawled on the paint in the bottom left-hand corner.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:57 pm 

-Jimothy and Ineffable-

Jimothy shrugged. "Well, regardless, there's no one here. We shouldn't tarry." He walked towards the door opposite of the one they came through, and began to move thorough it. "I'm going to see if there's anyone people around, alright?"

Ineffable nodded. "I'll catch up, alright?" She waited until she heard him leave... and then walked over towards the couch. "I have a strange feeling... I think something's going to happen here. Something big..." She frowned, sitting down on the couch. "Hm...maybe I should keep my eyes open... err.. figuratively, I mean."

Jimothy, meanwhile, walked into the next room.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:27 pm 

~Jimothy~

The room Jimothy walks into is large and open, lit by a chandelier and gas lamps. The only pieces of furniture in the room are four end-tables, each with a light purple vase filled with roses. A thick, dark purple carpet covers the floor, and a variety of paintings cover the walls, including a group of jaeger soldiers in uniform, a large, brass door, a beautiful woman in a kimono, and a man and a woman walking along next to a pond. Two doors, one in the right-hand wall and the other straight ahead, are shut.

~SiB~

SoItBegins, feeling uneasy about something, turns and opens the front door through which everyone entered.

The door leads to a path outside. The path forks after a short distance, leading downhill to the right. Water is visible in the distance. To the left, the path leads through large gardens.

This is most definitely NOT the way he entered the house.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 pm 
Hyperkeeper

SiB looked at the outside. Then, back at the room. He nodded, sense of unease fulfilled.
"So..." he said to himself. "So that's how it is."

After standing for a short time, lost in thought, he went over to the first of the inner doors, sliding it open. With a one glowing fingertip extended, he touched the floor just on each side of the door. A point of light, easily mistaken for the twinkle of a bead dropped from a dress, formed. Drawing a line with his finger, SiB connected the two points with an (almost) unbreakable cord of light. The cord stretched right across the doorframe at the corner, so the door would close, to apparent observation. However, neither point of light would be displaced, and the cord wouldn't stretch. The two rooms were bound together.

Once SiB was satisfied with his handiwork, he repeated the maneuver on the other interior doors in turn.

That should simplify things, he thought to himself.

Last edited by SoItBegins on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:16 pm 

"Why, Ambassador... what a... well, not really a surprise at all. It;s ardly a soiree if Wale's favorite daughter isn't in attendance." André said smoothly, the fire-lights gleaming off of the feather-tails of his costume.

Helena smiled. "How true. I enjoy masked balls... I find them rather a reflection for the ways of diplomacy."

"A bunch of people in silly outfits either gossiping, bored, or trying to sneak off for a snog? How astute, Madame." he smiled, and nodded towards Eclaire. "I'm here with my adopted Daughter.

Helena did a subtle curtsy. "How do you do." She looked at the girl. "What's your name?"
André smiled, as Eclaire zipped to hide behind him. "She is Eclaire. And she is... quite shy. Wave hello to the nice Ambassador, sweetie. So, here with a date? Or....?"

Only the lower part Helena's face could be seen through her elaborate mask, but her lips hinted at a smirk. "So early in the evening? No, I am here to... explore, shall we say."

He shrugged. "I supposed I hoped that *one* of us might have found a partner for the dance. Alas. So... have you noticed?"

Helena nodded, gesturing at the doors. "I have. It seems Lord Banam is quite the clever man, though his purpose rather eludes me at the present moment. I wonder if there's any secret passages?"

"Why, if I didn't know better, I;d think you were suggesting something... perhaps you could be interested in... *shenanigans?*" he asked, an eye gleaming through the deceptive mask.

The swan mock-recoiled in mock-horror. "Shenanigans? Moi?" Helena asked, imparting a 'shocked' tone to her voice as she tried not to giggle. "I'm a diplomat! I don't go in for anything of the kind. I merely wanted to... admire the full range of environments this grand building has to offer. Oh, and maybe if a few things happened along the way.... well...."

"I'll check some fireplaces. You, take this." his hand vanished under his feather cloak, and came out with an oddly singing fan- he delicately flipped it open, revealing rows of spectacle glasses wired together- artfully folded, and they made a set of magnifying glasses. "It suits your costume better." he said, handing off the fan. "As for me... I shall mingle." he said, turning and coincidentally heading in the direction of Jimothy...

Well, not that he could have *known* that... he simply took the door to his right, on the wall. And it was unlikely it would lead him tot he right place anyways.

-Sirrah-

He grumbled, resisting the urge to wipe away the little lip print. He knew they might need that later.
"Yes, yes... forgive me if the skull and dagger business puts me off gaurd. I say we start with the skulking first- lead on lady... wait." he stared, staring as SIB put on his light show.

"....well. I think we can rule out this party being *nromal*... lets go to *that* door." he suggested.

-Bene-

Has found the Harpsichord. On a whim, he followed the man in the rooster costume- figuring he could keeps hsi eyes peeled. But this... thsi was a work of beauty. he set down his lance, and gently tapped a few keys- sitting, and cracking his knuckles.

Just the one song... one from the old days. Ah, yes, what was it he used to sing, when she was still around....?

"It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live
If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show

I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you
And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done

I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world
I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:35 pm 

~Sirrah, Mikhail, and SiB~

The woman in a servant's costume, carrying a tray of cheese and crackers, enters the room through the door directing people to the ballroom, and offers the people in the room her food. A man in a servant's costume enters the room from the door on the left (facing away from the door to the outside), and goes through the door toward the ballroom. Bene follows shortly thereafter, coming from the door on the right.

~Andre~

Andre opens the door, stepping into the room with Jimothy.

~Bene~

As Bene opens the door to the room with the Harpsichord, he hears another door slide shut.

~Helena~

The couple from before is still dancing around the ballroom. The man in the light blue outfit, one of the violinists, and the female servant have left the room for now.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:36 pm 

Emilee is walking out of the buffet room, determined to get to the ballroom and see the Tesla device at last. She cocks her head, and listens to the sound of someone singing comes to her, faintly, from another room. That almost sounds like.....
She sighs, and heads towards the sound. Darn it, will she ever get to the ballroom? But, if it is him, she wants to know. Her heart beats a little faster-she didn't realize how much she's missed her old friend. So much happened so fast, once she went mad. And took up, 'aereonautical' pursuits.
Like kidnapping Sir Caine. If you can call it a kidnapping, since they refused to pay any ransom, and he escaped quite dashingly. Very dashingly, as a matter of fact.
Sigh, again. Perhaps she should stick with harrying the Navy and the East India Company.

Mikhail grins, and inclines her head in the direction of the ballroom. "Let's start there, and move on. Ready, Peeler?" Gracefully taking his arm, she alks towards the door next to the sign saying Ballroom.

C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:25 pm 

Emilee heads through the door to the ballroom, entering the room with Bene and the harpsichord.

Sirrah and Jess follow Emilee into the room.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:21 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Taking her leave of Andre, Helena moved gracefully through the ballroom, fanning herself with her new acquisition (currently folded to resemble an ordinary fan). After a short amount of thought, she followed the sound of the harpsichord, into the room with the harpsichord.
In her enthusiasm, she didn't entirely look where she was going. Entering the room, the swan collided with the queen of fairies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:32 pm 

-Sgt. Jimothy-

On reflex, he spun around as soon as he heard a noise. "Oh! Hello." He smiled. "I was beginning to wonder if there wasn't a party at all. It's nice to meet you. I'm-" He stopped himself. He realized that while he wasn't exactly a celebrity, he did have a slight reputation. "-Angel. Just Angel." He looked over at Andre. "It's nice to meet you, Mr... err..." He let himself trail off, waiting for a prompt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Ineffable Mysterious NPC-

She folded her arms. "Huh. Looks like my boss just had a meeting with Destiny. That's nice. Maybe I should go check up on him, make sure he's not making a total prat of himself." She stood up and considered. "...or I could look for a buffet table. Hm, priorities." She considered this for a while and then went through the door Jimothy had gone through, and then through the closest door to her in the room beyond it, ignoring her boss and looking for food.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:26 pm 

~Ineffable~

Through the room with Jimeny and Andre, the closest door to her opens into a triangular bathroom, with doors on each of the three walls. The bathroom is patterned in black and white tiles, although one tile has been misplaced, so it’s black instead of white. A large white bathtub with black taps stands next to one wall, and the sink is black with white taps. On one wall is a large painting, which appears entirely black.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:31 pm 

Emilee sees what appears to be Don Quixote playing the harpsichord. But that voice, that style-it's Bene! She moves a little faster, and somehow collides with a woman dressed like a swan.
"Oh excuse me, sorry!" Emilee calls out apologetically. She'll talk to Miss Swan. In just a little bit.
But first-
She continues forward, and as Bene is standing up and walking towards the ballroom, she lays a hand on his arm.
"Hola, Quixote!" And smiles.

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:49 pm 

Bene glances up, letting the harpsichord thrum to a halt- blinking a little up at the radiant queen of the fae. For a moment, he wondered if he was dreaming... but, no. His Dulcina was before him, shining like the sun...

He shook himself internaly, and managed a little smile.

"Ola, Em'lee~ I wondered if I had spotted you before... I thought my heart was playing tricks on my mind." he said smoothly, taking her hand. It had been a long time... and even back then, his faith in himself... well. If he could have done it all over again, he'd never have wasted the chance.

He stood, his odd tatters shining dimly in the light.

André raised an eyebrow, chuckling a little. Oooh, this one was... hmm. Well, new... and amusing. And no less then rather cute in his get up. Hiding hsi identity, yes... but that just made it more fascinating. He idly touched one of the wings, humming to himself.

"Hoho... Just Angel, is it? May I call you Justin~?" he asked, clearly having fun.

"Well, I felt of a mood to explore a little- our host seems a little of a specter... you thought you were alone? Curious... theres plenty of Gueests. Come, I'll lead you back to the dining room." he took his wrist, and opened the door he had just come through...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:54 pm 

~Andre and Jimony~

The door lead back to the ballroom. The butterfly and the man in the feathered costume have since left the room.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:16 pm 

Emilee blinks. Bene has reached out and taken her hand...and he's still holding it. "It's...it's been a long time. Too long. We need a good talk. I'd love to hear what you've been up to, and tell you what's been keeping me busy. I was just going to the ballroom...would you care to accompany me?" Oh, that smile of his....
She grins at him. "But we'd best not repeat the Wales incident."

C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:27 pm 
Heh heh heh.

The swan perked up at the final words of the conversation.
"Wales, you say?" she asked, heading over to the two. "Oh, I do apologize for running into you, by the way."
"Think nothing of it. I wasn't paying close attention myself," Emilee said. "And yes, that was one of the places we performed."

Helena was starting to catch on to who was disguised as the fairy queen. She hadn't seen that particular show herself, but given her position, she had most certainly heard about it.
"Ah, so you are the famed dancer, Emilie!" she said out loud. "I have heard of your show. Most... interesting."

Emilee kept a smile on her face, and hid a sigh. So much for hiding behind her mask at the ball....
"How...kind. I have since retired from the stage."

Helena nodded. "I understand," she said. Picking up on her opposite's discomfort, she said, "Of course, this is a masquerade... for now, I'll call you Titania, as befits your costume. It's quite nice, by the way."
Emilee responded, "Why, thank you. And your swan costume is stunning. What shall I call you? Odelle?"

Helena smiled. "Odelle shall do nicely," she said. "There's something truly delicious about hiding your identity behind a mask." Fanning herself with her newly acquired fan, she looked 'Titania' in the eye. "How do you find the party so far?"
Emilee returned her smile. "Delicious, indeed." Odelle had no idea! Of course, Emilee went masked whenever she assumed her newest role, of Chicanery... "And I've been enjoying myself immensly. Although I do still need to see the ballroom."

Behind her mask, the swan raised one eyebrow. "Oh?"

Emilee nodded. "But of course! I may not dance professionaly anymore, but I look forward to spending time in the ballroom. Plus, I would like to peek at the Tesla device on display." And see how well it's guarded.

Odelle sighed. "Ahh yes, the device. I've no idea what it is, but it is rather beautiful." Her smile reappeared. "And, I do think some time in the ballroom might be nice."
After a second, she straightened up slightly, as though she had just remembered something.
"Now that I remember, I do have a number of small jests I brought with me... and the ballroom is where all are bound to gather over the course of the evening." The smile beneath the mask turned enigmatic. "Who knows. Maybe even Titania, queen of the fairies, could play a trick or two suitable to her station."

"Jest?" said Emilee. "As long as they don't backfire on you, Odelle. It wouldn't do to lay an egg." Something about this swan maiden amused her ...the mischief that underlay the elegance. She found herself warming to her. "And....perhaps, perhaps." A trick or two? Might come in handy for misdirection at that. Hmmm....

Odelle smiled. "Delightful. Perhaps, I could accompany the two of you on your way?"

Emilee nods. "Certainly." What she and Bene had to talk about required more privacy than they had at the moment anyhow. Can't casually let drop that she's now an airship pirate, in a crowded room. But, knowing Bene, they'd be sharing a dance together before long. Yes, a little more time talking... and perhaps 'jesting' with Odelle sounded enjoyable indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:15 pm 

-Ineffable Mysterious NPC-

"...huh. Where am I?" She looked around. "This looks like a bathroom, although I only use the term ironically because I can't, you know, SEE. Except that it's quite bizarre... the motif certainly seems to evoke an odd dynamic." She poked the painting, almost expecting to fall into the inky blackness when she tapped it. "And why is there a tile out of place?" She pressed on the tile, almost expecting it to be a secret switch or something. "Our host certainly seems to be a weirdness enthusiast..."

A little known detail about Ineffable was that she was not, in fact, Blind. Why she persisted in maintaining the deception that she was took a considerable amount of explanation, but ultimately boiled down to the fact that "people tend to believe I'm psychic more when I take steps to SEEM more like a psychic." The blindfold over her eyes only marginally hampered her vision, as she'd taken care to use a fabric that was almost see-through.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jimothy Toboz-

"Ack!" he blinked, wings twitching as André pulled him into the Dining Room. "Ackackack! Wait... whose Justin?" He looked around at the dining room. "...wow. This home really is unusual, isn't it?" He smiled weakly. "It's nice to meet you, though." he looked up at his new friend. "Ineffable and I were getting kinda creeped out by being the only people here. Ineffable's my adjutant... she's around somewhere, I think. Probably purloining something. She tends to do that when she thinks I'm not watching her. Oh! But I'm being rude... may I have your name, dapper stranger?"

-Xin Yun

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next