Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:39 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Chic nods decisively at Eustace's words. "That works! We can get our whatsis and go home. Well, closer, at least. And you," she grins at Mallory, "can hang out in this world. You'll have the luxury of making plans without being beholden to mysterious creepy jerk, and without the risk of being forced to harm your home world. You just need to get out of this giant deathtrap, and find a place to lay low while learning what's up. Tip-a pretty horrific war ended not long ago, maybe pass yourself off as a refugee. Even if fate insists you're a villain-well, villains are totally allowed to run off, lay low, and make plans after a confrontation." Chic speaks with confidence. After all, she's seen the LOV handbook.
Hopefully Ravel and co. will return soon, time machine part in hand. Hmm...they're all scattered, unlike the first two times. Will they have to round up everyone before they can depart, or will it somehow 'pull' them back to the Pier?
"Oh, almost forgot." Chic scribbles an address on the crumpled paper napkin, and hands it to Mallory. "Just in case we vanish mysteriously."
"...A rendezvous point?" Mallory blinks.
"Nah, we'll be gone. It's the address of the little bakery that specializes in chocolate chip bread.."
Eh, he'll have a challenging time of it if he agrees to maroon himself here. (she doesn't want to think about what happens if he doesn't.) It's the least she can do.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 pm 

-Bureaucat-

He'd have opted to stay behind while Mas- MISTER Xerox and Miss Jane went off into the scary castle further, but that would have required him to have let go of Xerox, and he wasn't about to do that for all the paperwork in the Pentagon.

So when Jane tripped the stone plate on the floor and a ray popped out of the wall, he began screaming, naturally, and trying to hide on Xerox's back, tail bristling.

Naturally, this didn't help Xerox's attempt to dodge, as the fashion ray zapped at Xerox and Jane, attemtpting to transmogrify their clothing and everything they had on them into what was The finest styles of young madboys and girls of the time period. The ray kept shooting, adjusting for their dodging...

--------------------------------------------------

-David-

"Yup, now we juzzzt wait for Mr. Thornzzz to zzzhow up and then he and I will beat on each other until one of uzzzz izzz left zzzzanding. Oh, um, you zzzzhould go hide zzzomewhere. I mean, I'm zzzupposed to be the "bad guy" here, and zzzince I'm not gonna dangle you over a vat of acid, um, we need to make it look like I've done bad zzztuff to you."

There was a moment of awkward silence between the two of them. David assumed it was because the kid wasn't really satisfied with his plan. "Ummm... Look! A flippy-Whatzzit! I'll give it to you if you go hide..." David in his Weapon-Armor held up exactly what Claire meant when she said a "Flippy-whatsit", although he didn't realize that, offering it to Florian.

--------------------------------------------------

-Michael and Johnny Noir-

Johnny Noir turned to look at Jennifer. "What, yah wanna start something?"

Michael groused. "Hey, Jennifer. They left that unfinished time machine here at the Pier with us. Wanna go see if we can make it about ten times more awesome than it is?"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:57 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

William

As Fredric was dealing with a messy Claire, William looked slowly up, growing just a bit pale. He could sense something, through all the dispersal of magical senses the castle provided. He could sense, like a demented set of breadcrumbs, the leftovers of a power that was a bit... outside of reality. What's more, where the trail ended there was a sense of something big. It was like... a lamp, on the other side of a thick curtain. The light was heavily diffused, and the heat barely noticeable, it would be almost calming, if it weren't for the fact that the metaphor wasn't done yet. That bit of heat radiating through the curtain in the metaphor was hiding another, more dangerous radiation, and the curtain was more like a sheet of lead. The metaphor sort of broke down after that point. To make it more simple, it was a large, large power, slightly out of reality as we know it, close enough, or strong enough, to radiate through even those barriers of existence.

He didn't bother Fredric with the information just yet, he was busy fussing over Claire, and had enough to deal with, seeing as there were more traps between them and whatever Dr. Mallory was after. And, it seemed, so was the group that was here, which made things more interesting by far. That and entities of that nature tended to dislike being stared at too much, and Fredric's "Stare" while less specific than William's would be much more... intense.

Little Demothesis

After a long nap, the small childlike form of Demothesis stirred. He slowly opened his eyes, looking around sleepily, none of the usual professionalism in his eyes for a moment, then his gaze tightened rapidly on the teddy bear that was somehow in his arms. After a short check to make sure it wasn't a bomb set to go off when he moved away, he jumped up to his feet and backed away, eying the bear suspiciously. He had no idea where it'd come from... or where the added weight on his head had come from... He quickly reached up to grab whatever was there, only for it to disappear. And, apparently, reappear nearby. A tiny blob of an odd color, if Demothesis had any experience in these matters he'd call it Octarine, but as it was, it was simply like the color of an oil rainbow, shifted slightly along the spectrum.

"Ah."

"...buh?"

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:10 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane, upon seeing the fashion rays (and Xerox's attempts to dodge them) did the first thing that came into her head: Act to preserve the dignity of Xerox's wardrobe. To that end, she reacted, bowling Xerox (and Bureaucat) over in a flying tackle as rays burst around them. Bureaucat got sandwiched between the pair of them. As all three crashed over on the floor, the barrage of fashion rays began to slacken and die off— but not before several rays hit Jane as she got between them and Xerox.
Once the firing had stopped, Jane rolled off Xerox and Bureaucat (who was only mildly shaken, fortunately). The room was quiet again, with its traps (or, at least, one trap) spent. Only one thing was different, and when Jane looked down she saw what it was.

Her outfit was changing.
Jane's dress was shifting into a sort of purple one-piece outfit, close-fitting to her entire body. The suit was augmented by a corset-like tool belt, which wrapped itself around JN's torso, and high black boots that encased her legs in (when she tried tapping it) what turned out to be an extra layer of flexible armor. A circlet, with a small light at the front, appeared around Jane's forehead.
Then, she remembered the matter at hand.

"Are you all right?" Jane said to Xerox, offering a hand to help him up. She noticed that as she moved, the outfit's color shifted slightly in response to the varying ambient light conditions. It would likely be perfect for sneaking around in the dark. "I think I was able to save your suit from transmogrification."
She'd have to ask Xerox if he recognized what she was wearing from anywhere, once he had recovered from the tackle. It didn't seem familiar...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:39 pm 

Xerox stumbled back a little, looking down at himself. Well... it could have been worse. Pretty serviceable. Sort of *loose*. He wasn't sure why his hair was up in a ponytail, but sometimes life was like that. He snorted, examining the pockets- flicking out a small vial of what looked like something either poisonous, or.. possibly mouthwash.

"...Well, I suppose if I still want that mowhawk I can just get it shaved in when we;re home again." he said dryly, sniffing the vial. He made a face, and replaced it.

"...thats it. I had a feeling but this? Somethings making the castle go haywire." he growled, walking up to the wall. He rapped on the stone, looking below. Hed had hsi suspicions when the security hadn;t just scooped them out, and the intruders, and thrown them out of the city like trash. Something had gone very, very wrong and...

And...

And that was weird for a few reasons.

Mallory stares at the paper, and let out a little laugh... stowing it carefully. He felt... well. Lighter. He could just keep away from the right fate and... and well, if he fulfilled it here, it could SURVIVE him. Maybe, eventually, he could even... go back, just enough to see his dad... probably not to get finish his degree, though. Well... hell. he could do *that* here, too.

"...I could do refugee. I... Don;t know how to thank you, Either of you. I think... yes, I think i could lead you to the right place, if that would help." he offered, smiling a little.

Florian blinked, and took it- looking up at him with wide eyes.
"Um, um, um... I... thank you. You;re... really a Hero." he said softly, scooting back... as Thorns burst in through the wall, launching blindly at David- swinging a elbow down...

Ravel stepped back, and tugged on Williams sleeve. The way he was kind of standing still...

"Hyu... feelink somethink?" he asked, quietly.

The little silent cleese blinked, and hopped faintly, looking down at Demo. It hopped of and vanished in the grass- hopping past Micheal and Johnny Noir. it vanished into the time water and came back with, it seemed, a tray of breakfast on silver dishware, which he presented to Demo with a soft, half-coo, best represented as...

"Ah."

Rando was still for a while, listening to something in the air... flinching once, twice, and curling around teal a little. He said something back, low and sharp- the air crackling... and stepped away, shoulders up firm into the air. The thick white energy pushed, brightening the air... and something else crackled up, on a wavelength just to the side of the one carried by magic.

The thick radioactive MASS was, suddenly, gone. Like a cat slinking away into the night, leaving ravel holding his little baby up to his chest, defiant and sure.

Post subject: Someday David will actually pass that course...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:58 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Florian blinked, and took it- looking up at him with wide eyes.
"Um, um, um... I... thank you. You;re... really a Hero." he said softly, scooting back... as Thorns burst in through the wall, launching blindly at David- swinging a elbow down...
David looked at Florian. "Huh, I am? Nah, not until I pazzzz that darn correzzzpondence courzze."

Florian gave him a confused look, but scampered off. David's eyes went wide as Thorns bust through a wall, trying to reach up to block him with his left arm...

And then realized that while the weaponarmor he'd made had a left arm SLEEVE, there was, in fact, no left arm in it. So what would have been a sweet block instead turned into an elbow in the face, sending David sprawling backwards with a bruise underneath his eye. Of course, this assault was not without it's repercussions; while Jaeger were designed to be physically more resilient and durable than ordinary humans, it was hard to design an organic creature to be entirely resistant to a strong electrical current running through another conductive body.

And as a result of this, Thorns physical contact with David came as a bit of a surprise to him when electricity coursed through his body from his elbow.

David shook his head, getting his bearings. As his vision cleared, he gave a shout and charged straight at the momentarily stunned Thorns. As he charged at his foe, he reared his weaponarmor'd arm backwards in the air, winding up for what could only be called a Speeding Meteoric Punch!

Professor_Tinker wrote:
The little silent cleese blinked, and hopped faintly, looking down at Demo. It hopped of and vanished in the grass- hopping past Micheal and Johnny Noir. it vanished into the time water and came back with, it seemed, a tray of breakfast on silver dishware, which he presented to Demo with a soft, half-coo, best represented as...

"Ah."

Johnny Noir blinked. "...yo, was dat thang here b4?"

Michael watched it, eye twitching. "BBC? Little guy? Tell me you just suddenly got a bit bigger. And changed color. And that new Cleese... whatever you call Cleeses in plural, Cleeselets or whatever it'd be... aren't just appearing out of nowhere."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:08 pm 

William

William twitched a bit at the hand on his sleeve, jerking him out of his thoughts and making him realize he'd been standing very still up until that point. The kind of still a squirrel goes when it notices it's been standing next to a cat, that just hasn't noticed it yet. For William it was something of an embarrassment to be caught like that, scared stiff. And so he smiled ruefully at Ravel and shrugged. "Yeah, something rather big." He tilted his head as the source just seemed to... disappear suddenly. "Huh, and either very good at hiding or it just left. Now we only have the castle and all the dangerous things inside it to deal with~" He grinned more confidently, as though he didn't consider the castle a threat, which he honestly did, it was one of the more dangerous automatons in existence, but he'd let himself get spooked by an entity just barely in this realm and was feeling like compensating a bit. "So, shall we all go find out what's behind door number one?"

Little Demothesis

The diminutive bodyguard blinked at the fancy silver tray covered with a full breakfast that the silent little blob had brought back. It was silver, covered in all sorts of filigree and...had a family seal of a tower with wings...

Somewhen in the past. on an airship

"Uhm... Baron? what do you mean a tiny octarine blob stole your food?"

Castle Heterodyne

In the hall of the great castle a madman was making his last stand. A desperate man, bleeding heavily from where an artificial arm had been ripped out. A man gripping a jagged length of metal. A man whose eyes held nothing but hate, and contempt for self preservation. There is something to be said for madness, plain gibbering, raving madness. Even a soldier, especially a soldier, knows how dangerous a man like that can be. Willing to kill himself to kill you, anything to defeat one more foe, last one more second, draw one more breath, all in the name of some goal. Not always noble, not always simple or complex. But in the end, all that matters is that a man so driven like this is a threat even to the most experienced fighters in a straight fight.

Which is why, a man dressed in a cowled robe, silent as the echo of old man death's own footsteps, hid in the rafters of the hall. He looked silently down at the fight below, knife in hand, having made his decision. With two quick steps and a leap, he fell silently from the ceiling, only the sound of a robe snapping in the wind of the fall giving any warning of his approach.

The madman, with his length of metal, charging recklessly ahead was slammed into from behind by a falling figure's booted feet, slamming him into the ground. For however potent one's rage may be, physics and biology are unmoved. Most ordinary people would insist that was the end, that there was no way the madman could force himself up again, after loosing an arm and that much blood, and being brought low again. But the jaegers knew better, as did the hooded figure. An arm wiped down, a blur of cloth and flash of metal as a knife came down.

Even like that the hooded figure jumped back several paces arms up with a pair of longer knives in hand, just in case. Taking chances with madmen like that was never a good idea.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:49 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane groaned. "I thought I had protected your outfit," she said, "but enough of that. You're right— I had always thought the castle was more.... mindful. Had a sense of humor. I'm not sure what's going on now, but I suspect the answer— and our part— will only be found deeper in the castle."
Searching in her tool belt came up with a vial of whatever it was Xerox was holding. Jane sniffed it, grimaced a bit, and shoved it back in the belt. As she did, there as a *click*, and a segment off of the belt— shaped into a perfectly honed knife— came away in her hand. JN pushed it back into place, taking note of the trigger.

"It all comes down to what exactly we do at this point," she said. "We can continue deeper into the castle, of course. That's got its own set of attendant risks." She looked pointedly at Xerox. "Alternately, we could backtrack now and try to resolve the matter from a distance— I'm sure I could create a 'castle-exploring bot' out of something or another. We might want to try that one if we start coming into serious danger. What do you think we should do?"

As she was looking Xerox up and down, a thought struck her, and she grinned..
"Oh, and I don't suppose you've ever been called 'Emilio'? Because you look like an Emilio, dressed like that."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:06 am 

Xerox looked up at the castle, making a face. "...if this was a computer, I would think it was operating in Safety Mode." he said gruffly, cracking his neck. He glanced at jane, the violet color of his eyes muted by the shades he still wore, only the expression of put upon determination remaining.

"I don't do from a distance. Theoretically, I;m supposed to do things from a *desk*. It never seems to work out like that. But right *now*? We're trapped in a castle of living death that seems to be malfunctioning, which is supposedly only repairable by a singular line of Mads, who are a literal magnitude of Spark above my own meager level, and you, while powerful, are not specifically mechanically oriented...."

He straightened his collar, patted himself down, and selected a thing, bright-red wrapped cigar- the label on the demure little band, rather then any *brand*, had a little, carefully drawn image of a *cherry*.

"Obviously, the answer is yes. Lets see if I don;t still remember the way to that damned automatons speaking doll. Don;t suppose you got a light, princess? If not, you should consider keeping a lighter on you. I always think is a classy touch when a 'Femme Fatal' pulls the schtick in reverse." he asked, holding his cigar out towards her curiously.

The little black blob looked up at little Demothesis, and then at Micheal- solemnly shaking its head. It pointed to its self with a little nubby 'hand'.
"...Ah."

With that, apparently, done, he poured a small cup of tea from the tray into a cup, and gestured to the sugar bowl questioningly, silently asking what he would prefer.

Thorns stumbled back, stunned from the contact. Tough as he was, furious as he was , it was still hard to take a jolt of electricity without a falter. He fell back a little, his defenses lowered... in time to look up into a electricity called heroic Special Move.

There was a burst of light as the electronics around David overcharged, transmitting with perfect accuracy. It was a perfect moment, the kind that gets a double page spread in a comic book; the kind that gets put into the opening theme song sequence. Thorns hit the wall in a bursting shower of sparks (and for no immediately understandable reason, the sound of falling pocket change), the light from the blow glaring around David Toboz for, just a moment, in a flaring halo. It would have been an absolute tragedy if no one had been there to see it, as soon David fell, the electronics drained...

...Into the outstretched arms of Andrew Tinker.

"Tch. Leave you alone for half a minute, and the heroics start up." he said, affectionately. Admittedly, he had to sort of prop David up against himself, and wound up shoving his flaming sword into a small pile of rubble to light the room until the electricity would come back up. But, sometimes, you still got one of those perfect moments.

The cloaked man had been fast with the blade- and the wounded madman was staggering on his feet. He let out a desperate, maddened *howl* of fury, stepping forward once more... before falling heavily against the ground, breathing raggedly as he bled. The few of his men who were left heard the cry, and moved to flee- swearing dire oaths that they would *return*, that they would fulfill their leaders noble quest, that they would unite Europa- the WORLD- under the crest of the Storm King once more.

And perhaps, in another timeline, they would have.

"Don;t be beink MOVINK! Hands in the AIR! UNDER THE TREATY OF OUR UNITED MOTHERLANDS AND LORD AND LADY HETERODYNE, WE ARE BEING PLACING YOU UNDER IF YOU MOVE WE SHOOT BITS OFF!"

In this one, however, they ran almost directly into the arms, or rather, firing range, of Arkhale Xerox.

"Dear me oh my double knitted stockings... we are looking at some NASTY war weapons being bolted on like poorly made prosthesis. Now, I am sure you are all just nice veterans who have, silly you, forgotten your permits at home, and were coming up just for the borrowing of some sugars from nice lady heterodyne. But all the same, to be safe, if you MOVE, I ask my nice ladies here to blow more bits of you."

Meanwhile, underneath the castle, Undergraduate Mallory was leading Eustace and Chic to the 'right place'... which as it happened, brought them right behind Fredric, just as he wrenched open the giant door... revealing inside,a deep nexus of machinery. These were the important bits. The centralized computing abilities of the Castle, that kept its personality in control, having been reworked long since Agatha Heterodyne took her city back...

And in the dead center, a three foot radius of machinery was almost surgically melted into a uneven sludge of cooled glass and steel, leaving open sparks flaring in the air. Fredric stared, color draining from his face... both he and Ravel jumping as Undergraduate Mallory cleared his throat.

"...now. I will note, it was presumably like that when I got here."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:14 am 

Chic stares at the carefully melted space, and the mighty jumble of machinery surrounding it. The level of complexity is so high that the careful patterns present themselves as a sheer chaotic, incomprehensible mass-to most people, anyway. Then digs in her pockets.
Eustace finds a wrench being placed in his hand.
"Looks like we have some work to do!" Chic extends her left arm, holding open her leather labcoat, in a manner reminiscent of a seedy figure in an alley right before he offers you a selection of watches.
There are rows of screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, hammers-is that a hacksaw? Small boxes of bolts, nuts, screws, washers, coils of wire. Add a few et ceteras. The tools are slim but sturdy, most with collapsible handles to save space, and made of a lightweight alloy. Still, the sheer amount of stuff she's carrying-well, jaeger strength has some advantages, after all.
Chic shrugs. "What? I always have a few of my tools on me. I just wish I had my dimensional pockets. The generator would've come in handy. Seems only a certain level of tech made it through, darn it."
Chic pulls out a screwdriver for herself. "And no 'this is too dangerous for you' crap, 'kay? I love this kind of tech, I'm a Golden Gears winner, and I can darn well help you on this. Besides, this adventure practically demands a Sturmovaus/Heterodyne team up-who are we to fight it? Ravel, close your mouth before you swallow a bug. Fredric, make us some more light, please. Eustace, there seems to be a fair amount of redundancy built into the system-think it's safe to dismantle a bit for parts?"
Chic keeps her voice confident, and hides her doubts. Mechanic or not, she doesn't know the Castle, or the Heterodyne systems, and that's a honkin' big patch of sensitive machinery demolished....hopefully, Eustace is up on this.
She desperately hopes this isn't the Heterodyne brother that specializes in dentistry.

Boris schools his face into a mask of imperturbability. This is it...if they succeed in making repairs, it's over. Wrap up this stage of the adventure, the visitors vanish with a flash of light, or a wacky sound effect. Possibly both.
He knows his duty. But...nothing but random letters since the 1800's. And these people that are compatriots of his Ravel haven't done a good job of hiding that they're from the future. How many more decades away? Another century? More?
The arm he has carefully draped over Ravel's shoulder unconsciously tightens. He isn't made of steel. There are things he'll have to talk to Ravel about, someday. Not a subject that he wants to discuss via letter. Or now, for that matter...
Duty. Help this future Heterodyne. Help Ravel escape with these people that are important to him. Wait. You'd think as many centuries as he's seen, it'd be 'what's one more?'
He forces his arm to relax, removes it from Ravel's shoulders, and draws himself up to attention. Ready for the Heterodyne's commands.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 am 

Ravel felt the tight grasp around his shoulder, and it made his breath catch a little... but not as much as when it pulled away again. He felt... like something had been taken away, with it. A little solid piece, leaving behind a gnawing, hollow sensation. In theory, he himself would make it back, and see Boris- to him- right away... but for the Jager, it would be a hundred years. That was a long time of anyone's money. In comparison, how long had he been with the Army?

How long could you ask a man to wait, without something solid to remember what you were waiting for?

"Boris?" he slipepd his hand into his, unable to move his own shoulders up properly- leaving them where they were, in a slightly defensive, tightened posture.

"If... if you hold onto me, when the machine pulls us back... you would come with. Und eventually, when we are able to make it back to their present, I would be able to put you back here..." he smiled faintly, a little sad and hopeful at once.

"It might not be so long... but the timeline owes me just this much for making me leave you in the first place."

Eustace stared a little at chics portable *toolkit*, looking over the selection. He had been raised in a store-house of gadgetry, tools, and hands on learning experiences that many mads would *literally* have killed for. But all the same, he had to admit, there was such a thing as *style*. And in the long run, it didn;t matter how many fancy tools you had at home, if you weren;t the person WEARING a toolbox.

"...I don;t suppose I could commission one of those? I bet I could get most of what I usually need on a vest." he noted, and selected a saw, with care. he folded out the handle, tightened it, and looked around at the systems.

"...funny thing, That puddle of glass and metal is there *now*. I remember tipping on it once, as a lad. That was one of the first times my parents showed me how to repair him. When they were gone, it;d be up to me... it became something I did to calm myself down."

he threw his coat off, and drew himself up, adjusting his glasses a little.

"There's three things I know how to do very well. Get a crying baby back to sleep, make toys, and fix the castle. If you could get down that big globular thing thats rotating a little, I can start routing around this mess."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:21 pm 

~Claire~

Eep melty... I wish I knew Castle fixing stuff. If I weren't able to hand things to Master, I wouldn't be much help at all.

"...do they have a spare whatsits I could go get?" That seems like it would be good for fixing things.

~Rada~

She grinned, twirling a firecracker shooter in her hands. Arky was good at being intimidating!

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:31 pm 

Madelina grins at Arkhale, murmuring under her breath so quietly he almost wonders if he really heard her. "That's *my* Bear!" She casually aims a pistol that is no less deadly for being ordinary.

Elizaveta is pointing a..gun might be the closest word. It's huge, and bristling with levers and buttons. "Arky! Can I just blow off one of their arm cannons, pleeeease? If I've adjusted the sights right, and if I aim just right, it shouldn't kill them at all! ...I think. Maybe. Can I can I?

PastRolf: Is delighted that they've succeeded! So what if allies have shown up to horn in on the fight? Although he's slightly disappointed he won't get a chance to punch his future self in the nose. Still, all's well that ends well!

Speaking of His Future Self: Rolf stations himself by the entrance. The sparks are engrossed in their work, and Boris and Ravel are...distracted. Might as well put himself on guard duty.

Boris: Squeezes Ravel's hand. "Yah, Hy think Hy can manage to grab hold uf hyu, leedle Madboy." The corner of his mouth turns up briefly. "Hell, dis is bonus time right now. Hyu know, has been 70, 80 years already?" Shrug. " Hyu lose count."
As if. His heart tightens a bit at the sadness in Ravel's voice, and he lays his arm back across his shoulders. "So, henny varning before hyu make mit de vanishink, or do Hy need to keep close to hyu? Better play it safe, ya?" Heh. He thought that'd get a smile out of him. l

C Valente

Post subject: He'll be ok, folks!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 pm 

-Michael-

"Hm." Michael looked down at the little silent cleese. "Well, you're a bit of a mystery, aren't you?" He picked him up. "So you don't talk?"

He looked over at it and put it down. "These things seem to appear from the strangest places. I wonder if they're just a natural byproduct of weird supernatural occurances?" He nodded. "Demo, we need to make a note to study this phenomena later."

-------------------------------------------

-David-

(It should be noted at this point that David smelled DELICIOUS.)

David fell against Andrew, eyes a bit glazed over. At this point he'd been electrocuted strongly enough that he was in a mild state of shock, weapons of the armory raining down around Andrew and himself as he looked up at him. "Oooooh.... hiya Andrew... your eyes are really sparkly today. Why do we smell like purple-orange? Why did Frederic drop us off in Paris?"

He looked over at Florian Viktor. "Y'see? By believing in the you that believed in rayman I think I saved the day so now I gotta go fight the giant crepe eating the louvre... or go get some tea with Andrew... you be a good doggie, ok?"

Looking back up at Andrew, he tried to wobble to his feet. "Let's go save Big Ben!"

With steam rising off of his body he nuzzled against Andrew, leaning heavily on him.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:42 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane rummaged in the pockets of her new outfit, as Xerox looked on. Finally, after a minute, she was forced to shrug.
"Drat," she said, shrugging. "My stuff got replaced with this configuration, but I don't seem to recall carrying a lighter on me before. When we get back home, I'm putting a secret pocket for one in some of my outfits. It's too good an opportunity to pass up."
A thought struck her, and she started searching in her toolbelt-corset. "Although.... no, don't need movit, or wrench, or stealth darts... ooh, Smoke Knights get those? Those are awesome.... wait, is there...? Yes!" she said, coming up with a book of matches. "I thought there'd be one here. This'll work for now."
With solemn ceremony, Jane swiped the match across its book, lighting the match.

Unfortunately, this set off the explosive gas the castle had been sneakily feeding into the room for the past short moments.
The explosion bloomed in a fireball of dusky gold and rust-colored flames, throwing Jane and Xerox far into the next room.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 pm 

-Michael-

"Hm." He looked over Silent Cleese. "Hm. I can't imagine you're NOT going to follow us around. May as well just accept it." He shrugged as he put Silent Cleese in his pocket with the BBC. "Hmmph. Demothesis! I need assistance is dismantling my broken Time Turner and salvaging parts. If I can refine the technology to the point where I can reverse a target's age by a matter of hours, or even possibly days... well, it'd take an enormous amount of energy, but that technology could have a million and one uses." And he could already think of a million and one ways he could also MISUSE it.

He grinned. "Heh heh heh..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-Future David-

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Future David, who in case people have forgotten was still a THING, was being chased by a Pair O'Ducks, specifically, Dyne Ducks that had been engineered to react negatively to time-travelers and carried nightsticks. Terrifying things, really. As he ran past pitfall and death trap the castle was springing on him, ducks in hot pursuit, he turned a corner, his eyes widening as he saw...

Andrew, carrying a delirious David in his arms.

"You!" Future David's eyes narrowed, as he crouched down. "SURPRISE POUNCE-KISS!" As he lunged at Andrew and David, wrapping his arms around Andrew, knocking them both over, as he gave him a firm, passionate kiss. He broke the kiss only a few moments later, standing up...

...with Present David in his arms. "Sorry Andrew... I'm doing this because I care. I'll be back to later-you once I get the ring back, but for now just forgive me for stealing away... uh... myself? I promise I'll bring myself back soon! There's just something I need to tell myself and make sure that I remember or those two ducks will get angrier than they already are!" He looked back at the two irate ducks, who were converging angrily on Andrew. "Hey! Duckies! There's TWO of me now! Imagine what happens if something happens to the younger me!"

He swallowed nervously as the two ducks turned their gaze away from Andrew, their eyes turning a malicious blood red at the thought he was suggesting. They immediately passed Andrew by, flying after the two Davids.

"Wonderful." Future David swallowed nervously. "Welp, Andrew's safe, but now I'm gonna be duck dinner..." He looked down at Present David. "Hey me! I need to talk to you about something important. Are you still loony?"

Present David looked up at him. "Are you my mommy?"

Future David sighed. "No! Snap out of it, ok? This is important!" He panted a bit as he jogged, ducks in hot pursuit.

Present David reached up with his remaining arm and rubbed his head. "Ugh... what happened?" He looked up at himself. "Wait, WHAT?"

Future David nodded. "I'm a future you. Well, probably just a PROBABLE future you. I don't really know how time travel works, but from what an expert's told me there's no set in stone future at all until it happens. But I'm here because I'm from, uh, the most LIKELY future, or something like that? I'm not really very good at this time travel stuff. But I remember I get someone to explain it to me later, so you'll probably do that too."

Present David blinked. "My head hurts. Is that common with time travel?"

Future David nods. "And also being electrocuted." He puffed and panted. "Ok... listen. You know that weird sciency kid who calls us Uncle? Michael?"

Present David nods. "Yeah..."

Future David ducked them both under some side-skewering spears. "Ok. At some point after all this is over, pretty soon after this is over, he's going to invent a way of reversing time in little person-sized bubbles because of what happened on this adventure. You need to track him down and destroy the technology and his notes on it. He's much too immature to be trusted with it."

Present David looked confused. "Soo... I just knock him out now or destroy his notes?"

Future David shook his head. "No! If you do that, then he'll never abuse it and stuff doesn't happen right and then we won't decide to tell ourselves about it when we go back in time."

Present David looked at him. "Why do we go back in time, anyway?"

Future David shook his head again. "I can't tell me that, me! It's really important but it's totally secret! Anyways, just let Michael have his fun for a bit, and then jump in and try and stop him when the time feels right. Also, don't let Jane spike the punch. If she does it'll turn out much worse than she expects it would. Oh, and don't be too irritated at Bureaucat. He's actually not that bad when it counts."

Present David shrugged. "I... guess? This is a lot to think about. I mean... what punch?"

Future David looked on ahead. "Oh hey, there's Jane and Xerox landing in a big room. I'ma gonna drop you off there and keep the ducks chasing me for a bit. With luck they're still too busy recovering from that explosion to get a good look at me." He dashed into the room, shouting. "I REALLY LIKE EATING DUCK EGGS!" as he passed, two ducks flying after him, nightsticks in their beaks as he let Present David, burned and battered, land on the floor next to Jane and Xerox.

And quickly ducked down another hallway, ducks in hot pursuit.

Present David looked around. "Guys! Andrew's down that way!" he pointed at the tunnel they just came from. "Come on! We need to get back together! Also, uh, Jane?" he looked over her. "Whats with that outfit?"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:37 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 pm » I'd like to start the next section... *having fun*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 pm » I'm okay to keep going, but whatever the rest wants.

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 pm » Micheal: No one likes you. *Puts a hand over his mouth*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 pm » (Wanna go on?)

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 pm » Johnny Noir: Yo, you-

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 pm » ((Okay, now, we can either end here, or we can start the next section as well. And I think we should do this more often.))
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 pm » Michael: Oh, you guys are back. And no one's dead.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 pm » Xerox: *throwing asside his frock coat*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 pm » ((Heheehee.))

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 pm » Jane: Well, that was... unusual. I'll have to remember that 'fashion ray' concept for my own lair, though.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 pm » ((To note: David asking Eustace to send Thorns somewhere far is a convenient way to close plot holes given how David was apparently trained by jaegers before but Thorns would have recognised him. He probably wasn't there. Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 pm » Boris: *looks around* Hy've seen bedder vacation spots. *drapes an arm across Ravel's shoulders* Vot now, leedle madboy?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 pm » Ravel: ... Yes. It was a sucsess. *smiles8

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 pm » Claire: I haz buckets!

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 pm » Silent Cleese: ...ah.

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 pm » lilDemo: So, was the trip a success? *eating from a silver Wulfenbach tray*
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 pm » Laitu: *is napping on the pier*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 pm » Good.

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 pm » (somewhen, Rolf is doing a jig)

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 pm » The group is back on the peir, where the SILENT CLEESE is being examened by Micheal, the silent oceans of time are tossing, and you have a new passenger with you.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 pm » That was fun

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 pm » DavidOOC: ...I can't help but feel like someone's walking over my grave...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:05 pm » -End Section-

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:04 pm » "C'mon, leedle brother. It'll be alright, ja? They;re tough kids."
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:04 pm » A hand falls on his shoulder.

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:04 pm » YEARS IN THE FUTURE. But not many. Dr. Viktor is still trying not to panic over the vanishing of his grandchildren and their friends. As he waits by the phone for any news to arrive, he closes his eyes and calms himself, certain it will be fine. He must beleive it will be.
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:04 pm » .

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:03 pm » .

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 pm » .

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm » Please hold your posts, while I prepare a descriptor.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm » There is a flash of light, a sound like a crystal glass being played with a clad fingertip, and the group- including Borace- vanishes to the Peif of Time.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm » Eustace: Oh, beleive me, it used to be a much more unstable power converter. And it was really hard to replace, too.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm » Chic: Eusatce? Your ancestors were weeeird.

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm » Mimic: *cliiiiiing*

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm » Dr. Beard: That was GLORIOUS!

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » David: Yes! We did it!

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » .

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » Jane: *ahem* Shall we? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » Claire: Yaaaay!

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » Jane: Wait, so the driving force of the universe is your spit, Chic?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » Euastace: It WORKS!

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 pm » Slowly, the re-appropriated snow glob begins to glow, phasing into a dark purple light, that begins to clear, serveral sparks of light combining to make a bright, sparkling white light... a sudden arc of electricit arching from it to the ceiling, with a crack of light.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 pm » Michael: *Still isn't here*

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm » Dr. Beard: *clutches at Mimic with one hand and the fossil with the other*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm » William:*does some random things with his scrolls sometimes~*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm » Eustace: *holding the breat, throwing down, and then up, a switch*
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm » Claire: *helping!* Yay!

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm » Fredric: *has an ear pushing the dor as well, somewhat cartoonishly*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm » David: Ok... *Stuffing more broken stuff in Andrew's coat* So now we're waiting for everything to stop going wrong...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm » ((When/if it becomes relevant, Disco Inferno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YH5MEyNuIM ))

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm » William: much appreciated miss Claire~

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm » Claire: *runs over to help Fredric hold the door*

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm » ((That would probably end in a hospitalized Damien. And a lot of property damage.))

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm » Eustace: Oh, beleive me, it used to be a much more unstable power converter. And it was really hard to replace, too.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm » Chic: Eusatce? Your ancestors were weeeird.

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm » Mimic: *cliiiiiing*

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm » Dr. Beard: That was GLORIOUS!

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » David: Yes! We did it!

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » .

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » Jane: *ahem* Shall we? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » Claire: Yaaaay!

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » Jane: Wait, so the driving force of the universe is your spit, Chic?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm » Euastace: It WORKS!

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 pm » Slowly, the re-appropriated snow glob begins to glow, phasing into a dark purple light, that begins to clear, serveral sparks of light combining to make a bright, sparkling white light... a sudden arc of electricit arching from it to the ceiling, with a crack of light.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 pm » Michael: *Still isn't here*

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm » Dr. Beard: *clutches at Mimic with one hand and the fossil with the other*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm » William:*does some random things with his scrolls sometimes~*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm » Eustace: *holding the breat, throwing down, and then up, a switch*
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm » Claire: *helping!* Yay!

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm » Fredric: *has an ear pushing the dor as well, somewhat cartoonishly*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm » David: Ok... *Stuffing more broken stuff in Andrew's coat* So now we're waiting for everything to stop going wrong...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm » ((When/if it becomes relevant, Disco Inferno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YH5MEyNuIM ))

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm » William: much appreciated miss Claire~

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm » Claire: *runs over to help Fredric hold the door*

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm » ((That would probably end in a hospitalized Damien. And a lot of property damage.))
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm » Ravel: Go ahead, claire. *checking hsi watch*
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:54 pm » Claire: Master? Should I be helping with the doors? *still haz buckets*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:54 pm » ))

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:54 pm » ((...It would be all fun and games until the various Axels decided to say hi to Damien*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:53 pm » Boris: *lifts an eyebrow at ravel, but holds his hands fast*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:53 pm » William: Ready for the worst Fredric~? (are the seals singing disco inferno yet? )
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:52 pm » ((Axel: That would be EPIC! *they all hi-five*)
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:52 pm » Dr. Beard: *turns to look at Mimic and grabs a tentacle*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:52 pm » Mimic: *climbs down and settles on Dr. Beard's shoulders*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:52 pm » Bureaucat: Um... but i-it's a snowglobe. How d-does that work? *Flattening out tail fur*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:51 pm » The door creaks ominously.

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:51 pm » Ravel leaps down from the pi[e he was fixing, and grabs Boris hands. "With ll due respect, sir... a little speed."
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:51 pm » ((Gina: If there were thirteen yous?))

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:51 pm » Eustace: Its a power adapter. *carefully soldering it into place* Without it, you can;t get new power out of the dyne into storage, or up into the higher functions.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:50 pm » Bureaucat: But... what... what will it DO?

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:50 pm » (Heh heh. Axel: There are twelve mes! How could things get any more awesome!? )
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:50 pm » Mimic: *is confused*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:49 pm » Eustace: Thanks, Chic. You wouldn;t beleive how the initial test runs of these devices ended.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:48 pm » (David with a Fetch Modus would end in chaos. We'd have teeny Claires peeping in terror, Axel's Capcha code duplicating him twelve times for some reason, and Mecha running for her life. Somehow.)
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:48 pm » Chic: *rolls her eyes* The things I do for science...*spits*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 pm » Eustace: ... and I must stress, that my anscestors are very prone to experiment. *holds the globe out* I need a Jager to spit in here.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 pm » Chic: Spit it out, Ace.

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 pm » William:*chuckles at Claire's suggestion* Sounds like ultimate power to me~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 pm » Dr. Beard: *curious*

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm » Claire: Cheesecake ice cream?

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm » (he should just get a pair of cargo pants with the huge pockets)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm » Eustace: Alright. Now, I just need one final ingredient, something that completes the ultimate power purifier, that most mads would never have privvy to...
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm » (Or a Fetch Modus... )

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:45 pm » (It would!)

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:45 pm » (... at some point David should get a bag of holding or a Portable Hole. That would be handy for a hero)
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:45 pm » .

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm » David: *Can't catch the coat, but hooks it on his broken robot arm, which he's still insisting on carrying around for some reason* Right! *Stuffing things into Andrew's pockets* I never thought I'd run out of space in my Adventurer's inventory... (Note: David doesn't have an Adventurer's Inventory. He just likes to pretend he does. For now, anyway)
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 pm » Claire: Ok, Mister Eustace! *haz goop*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 pm » Eustace: Keep the goop, Claire.

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 pm » Claire: ...it's got molten goop in it. Is that ok?

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 pm » William: I have a hoodie that does something similar~
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 pm » Claire: ...coats do that? *has finished cleaning up the goop, and is trying to figure out what to do with it
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 pm » Chic: Here I thought it'd be Fredric that had Tardis pockets.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 pm » Andrew: Low bridge! Thats my cue! *ducks under Fredrics legs* David, here! *throws him his coat*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 pm » Dr. Beard: I have a bucket but I think I lobbed it at Claire. Claire! Do you still have my bucket?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:41 pm » Dr. Beard: A coat? no.

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:41 pm » David: Dr. Beard, do you have one of those coats with pockets that are way bigger on the inside than the outside? I'm running out of room to hold stuff...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 pm » Dr. Beard: *helps David gather parts*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 pm » .

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:38 pm » DesusOOC: *Secretly tries to help by growling at one of the pipes that's backing up until it unbacks up*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:38 pm » David: On it! *Working to grab parts*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 pm » Eustace: And... we are... almost... finished. If this *works*, I can make another one for the machine on the peir! Just make sure someone keeps some of the trashed materials from in here.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:36 pm » Mimic: *arms full of wires*

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:35 pm » .

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:35 pm » Ravel: *lands where Jane was, and leans over the other sidegrabbing a pipe as it begins to back up*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:35 pm » William: yay~ A plan B~ I love actually having those~
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:34 pm » Fredric: *grins* Ayep.

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:33 pm » David: Done- *As the pipe explodes somewhere else* Darn it! *Working!*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:33 pm » William:*pulls out another slip of paper and modifies the ink on it a bit* a modified air bubble~ usually good for underwater fun, should provide a cousin between the doors, just a matter of keeping it from seeping out the sides~ Think you can provide the force for that bossman~?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:33 pm » .

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 pm » Jane: [drops down from the catwalks] All done! What next?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 pm » Claire: Yes, Master! *forms a step with her hands and flings him up*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 pm » William: Righto~ well if they start closing I think I can keep them from touching~
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 pm » Ravel: ... Claire, can hyu throw me up where Jane is?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 pm » Fredric: *holding the dors* At this rate, the met'll warp.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 pm » Claire: *wondering if pouring molten goop on something would help*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 pm » David: *Working frantically* We could try wedging something between them! *Looks over at the doors* My robot arm held out before and it's broken already... maybe, just maybe...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm » Eustace: touch!

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm » William: oh! I have an idea~! What if I put a tiny pocket of air between the doors~? do they have to touch for the security or just start closing~?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm » Bureaucat: *Tail floofed out as he's looking around for the nearest hiding spot that's likely to NOT explode*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 pm » Eustace: *screwing a hunk of metal into the snow-globe, and hooking it to some gears*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 pm » David: R-right away! *Running over and grabbing some tools, getting bits off of his robot arm as scrap metal to close over the pipe with sealent*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 pm » Dr. Beard: *tosses David sealant* Catch!

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:28 pm » Bureaucat: *Panicking*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:28 pm » Eustace: David, can you- oh for the hell of- *ducks as a pipe bursts* if you could bblock that pipe!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 pm » Fredric: ...right! *grabs the doors, and wrench them apart*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 pm » William:*bracing back against the other door* Heya bossman~? you're a bit stronger than me~
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 pm » David: I can help... *hopes he can, has kinda been zonked out watching everyone work*
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm » Claire: *putting goop in buckets!*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm » Boris runs over, and adds his strength to Jess's.

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm » William: A bit of warning. They'll start singing disco inferno just before giving out~ Spectacularly~
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm » Jess: That answers that. *bulks up, and pushes against them*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 pm » The doors creak a little, the papers straining.

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 pm » Jess: That's the plan. Will you have any warning, or will they just fail spectacularly? *readies herself*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 pm » (back right after dinner!)

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 pm » .

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 pm » Dr. Beard: *tosses a bucket at Claire*

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 pm » William:*smiles and nods to Jess* Ah, if my seals give way, could you assist me in trying to physically hold them open~?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 pm » Rolf: Right avay!

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 pm » Jess: *staying out of the way, goes over by William*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 pm » Eustace is working on the snow globe, filling it with layers of salt water and very small gears, pausing to brush the sweat from his eyes.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 pm » Claire: *has goop in a bucket* Can you get me another bucket?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:23 pm » Rolf: *goes over to Claire* Can Hy help, liebschen?

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm » Ravel: ...lets chust say, sir, thot anything we can do.....
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm » Jane: [cuts the fire-truck red wire] Got it all!

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm » Boris: *murmurs* Henny time now, flash uf light und vierd sound effect. *Glances at Ravel*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm » Eustace: Ravel, how much time do we have?

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm » Eustace: Not he wires! This is for connecting this in!
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm » .

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm » ((No, the circuits were for the connection.))

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm » .

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 pm » Chic: *starts connecting!*

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 pm » Jane: Oh, I see...

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 pm » .

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 pm » Eustace: *takes out chalk and draws out the circuit connections on the wall* Like this.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:18 pm » Mimic: *knows her colors and consistently picks the right ones*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:18 pm » Mimic: *climbs back up and helps Jane hold all the different wires apart*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:17 pm » Chic: Okay, show me how it goes.

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:17 pm » Dr. Beard: *makes an impromptu de-fogger to clear away the steam!*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:16 pm » .

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:15 pm » William:*slaps a few more pieces of paper on the doors for good measure* That *should* hold for a bit~
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:15 pm » Jane: [squinting through the steam] About this color-changing wire—
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm » Eustace: And I need someone to help connect this to the sytem.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm » The room fills with stam from the water, making it harder to see as Eustace works*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm » (Back)

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm » Eustace: *welding the girder into place* Now get the Carmillion wire and splice it to the scarlet wire, and only *then* cut the firetruck red wire!
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm » Claire: *got a lot of practice when working for Jane*

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm » ?

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm » Jane: Got the two burgundy wires. Now what

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm » Claire: *goop cleaning!*

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:12 pm » .

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:11 pm » Mimic: *climbs down to help hold things in place*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 pm » Dr. Beard: *uses other hose to hose down equipment- has a near infinite supply of seawater*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 pm » Eustace: Someone help me hold this. *jams the girder against where the gunk was* Thanks! *grabs the hose*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 pm » Dr. Beard: *hands him a hose with a trigger, and a few extra jars in case*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 pm » *Rips*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 pm » Boris: *Easily ips off a piece of girder*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 pm » Chic: *hands Eustace a weldding torch*

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 pm » Jane: I... THINK I have it!

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 pm » Claire: *offers him a squeaky mousie*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 pm » Chic: Okay, Claire, I'll leave it to you.

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 pm » (some of it is still molten.)

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 pm » Eustace: Alright, now lok for the burgundy wire!
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:08 pm » (Is the molten gunk solidified, like melted glass or lava?)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:08 pm » Eustace: Someone strong enough tear me off a peice of that girder- anyoe have a welding torch? *to chic* Heh, its exiting, anyhow. ...anyone have a squeaky toy? Or a soda fountain nozzle.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:08 pm » Claire: I can do hench things, Miss Viktor? *timid cleanings*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:08 pm » Jane: You know, all the wires up here are red... is this your ancestors' idea of a sense of humor?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm » Chic: *grins at Claire* Fun, right?

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm » Jane: [cutting red wires]

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm » Dr. Beard: I have the seawater! How much do you need and where?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm » Claire: I can clean! *starts wiping it up*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm » Chic starts tearing into the molten gunk.

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:06 pm » Eustace: If you can clear it off the floor, you may cClaire.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:06 pm » Claire: I can play with gunk?

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:05 pm » William:*strides over to the doors and starts pulling little slips of paper out of his pocket, slapping them onto the doors one at a time* about how much PSI do they exert~?
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:05 pm » William: I've got the doors~

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:04 pm » .

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:03 pm » As Eustaces works, something is going wrong in the castle. Its been too unnaturaly still, and quiet- the machinery whirring as if set to a low gear. But as Eustace quickly wipes the inside of the globe, the temperature seems to be rising, and the system seems to be gearing up for something... big. Eustace looks up at a pressure gage, quickly filing the edge of the globes base. "I need someone to break up most of thiis molten gunk, PH balenced seawater, and someone to hold the doors open, because those are going to try and seal shut, which will activate the security... anyone else, I ned to get water onto the machinery- its going to scorch the fuel lines."
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:59 pm » .

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:59 pm » .

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:57 pm » .

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:57 pm » .

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:55 pm » ((One sec))

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:54 pm » Mimic: *helping!*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:53 pm » Jess: You got it. *Adds suckers and grippy claws, and swarms on up*

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm » Mimic: *points up questioningly, pantomiming climbing*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm » Alright, gimme a sec for another description/

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm » (I;m going to say basicaly yes. Andrew is still heading downstairs through*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm » Eustace: *unscrws the snowglobe, and takes out the figurine*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm » Mimic: *happy colors!*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm » (So, we're all in the same area now?)

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm » Dr. Beard: *depositing parts near Eustace*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:51 pm » Xerox: *takes out some wirecutters* Alright. *grabs onto the machinery, and climbs up* Just call out what to cut where!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:51 pm » brb

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:50 pm » Dr. Beard: *has nearly all the parts for a working submersible and automated specimen collection system, by virtue of what she interprets as "important"*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:50 pm » William: I'll be sure to alert you to any oversized bats ma'am~
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:49 pm » [curious. is anyone coming with Jane upwards?]

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:49 pm » Jess: *to Mimic* Nice goin, kiddo!

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:49 pm » Dr. Beard: *not sure exacty what's needed here, so gathering up whatever looks important*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 pm » William:*reaches deeeeeeeep into pocket, concentrating, and pulls out a snowglobe* be carefull with it~
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 pm » Claire: *watching Eustace, being impressed*

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 pm » Jane: [pulls herself and anyone who's decided to hold onto her up towards the catwalks] Let me know if you see any giant bats incoming, or anything...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 pm » David: ...It... it was gonna be a souvenir for Sarcastic... * Hands Eustace a snow globe*
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 pm » .

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:47 pm » Dr. Beard: I have jars of seawater.

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:47 pm » Eustace: Doing my best... does anyone have a snowglobe on them?
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:47 pm » Foigran:*would so be annoying andrew, but is busy terrorizing people in northern russia, he has a schedule to stick to*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm » Chic: I've got tools, put me to work. And try not to Wulf out on us, Ace. I can't thwap you now.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm » Mimic: *swing!*

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm » Mimic: *wraps half her long armsaround Jess' waist and the other half around an overhanging rod from the mechanism of the spent crushing trap*
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm » .

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:45 pm » Mimic: *has an idea*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:45 pm » Eustace: *looks back at Dr. Beard* Yes! I need someone to help me get the materials.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 pm » Andrew: *trailing the plot!*

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 pm » Dr. Beard: *edge edge edge... leap!* Okay, now. What can I do to help?
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:43 pm » William:*keeping watch, trying to make sure none of the more clever castle automatons make a move unnoticed*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm » Jane: On it. [rummages around in her toolbelt-corset and finds one of those powered grappling line things] Anyone interested in an elevator ride up?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm » Mimic: *clings to Jess' head*

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm » Mimic: *flail*

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm » (If it makes you feel any better, Andrew, you got kissed by future David...)
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:41 pm » William:.

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:41 pm » (...lots of food attacks her)

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm » Andrew: *sigh* Dammit, I only get so many of those! *goes to help*
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm » .

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm » Claire: Oooh... *should probably ask Da before using a cutty tool*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm » (Food that attacks her?)

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm » (I think she'd view them as food)

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm » Andrew: ... *blink blink* ...oh, Consarn it.

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm » ...its a good thing the Pair O'Ducks never met Claire. with her penchant for travelingbthrough time they would be all after her
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm » (Andrew is still upstairs)

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm » Jess: *right behind Dr.Beard, and still carrying Mimic*

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm » (is Andrew with the group?)

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:38 pm » Eustace: Right. I need someone to cut some red wires, over there! *he points upwards, onto a set of catwalks* Hm? Alright... I think thats fair.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:37 pm » David: Um, Mr.Eustace, if we help you with this, in your time can you ask a jaeger named Thorns to do stuff really really far away from North America? I think he may wanna hurt me eventually... *Ready to help even if he wouldn't*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:36 pm » Dr. Beard: *dashes down rest of hall, nearly getting squashed- and noticing for once this trip* Eep! I'll... be right there! *nervous look*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:36 pm » Jane: Well, I'm dressed as a ninja, I might as well earn my keep as one. What do you need done?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:35 pm » Boris: *alert!*

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:34 pm » Rolf: *smiles a little at Claire* Ve are ready, Herr Eustace.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:34 pm » William: I can probably keep most things fairly... distracted. and if it helps your work any. apparently something ethric was used on the glass area, not quite magic, but close.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:34 pm » ((Hope that's okay.))

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:34 pm » Dr. Beard: I think I hear the others down this ha- Oh my.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:34 pm » Bureaucat: ...Um... um...

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:33 pm » David: ... its a good thing I can improvise...

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:33 pm » Claire: I can help with things! *bounce*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:33 pm » (William can see a trace residue of intense etheric power around the glassed area- not quite magic)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:32 pm » Eustace: ...I may need some people... to help the security not... turn... on.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:32 pm » William:*still looking as relaxed as ever, with hands in pockets*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:32 pm » Chic: Um...the castle knows you're a Heterodyne, right?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:32 pm » David: What parts will we need? Do we need manical laught- what was that?
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:32 pm » Jane: [gets ready to dodge!]

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:31 pm » As Eustace pats himself down, theres a burst of steam from the machinery around them.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:31 pm » Claire: *excited for watching a Heterodyne work*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:30 pm » Eustace: Well... I know whats here in the future... *patting his pockets down* I had to learn how to repair the castle from scratch.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:30 pm » William:*taking a quick glance over the machinary with his own version of vision, looking for any signs of magical interferance, besides whatever the heterodynes would place themselves*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 pm » Jane: Huh. That works... OK, we'll bite. What exactly is it?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 pm » Eustace: ...no. But I know what part this is. And I think I know how to recreate it.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 pm » Bureaucat: *Ears drooping* You'd... you'd need a fleet of Heterodynes.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:27 pm » Chic: *offers Eustace a wrench* Who says we can't?

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:27 pm » Claire: ... *pokes it*

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:27 pm » Jane: So, um... I don't think this is the sort of thing we could repair. Even acting as a group.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:26 pm » David: ....um....

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 pm » The group has come to the mechanisims of the Castle, some of the most beautiful clockwork, steam pistons, and more rescent enginery that the world has ever seen. And someone has surgicaly cut right through the center of it, leaving molten metal and glass. Jusdging from the way that ravel just choked on air, that was... important.

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:24 pm » DesusOOC: *Sneaking into the chatroom* Kwar?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:23 pm » .

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:19 pm » .

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:18 pm » kk))

Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:18 pm » .

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 pm » ok

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 pm » Alright, gimme a sec to set the scene a little.

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 pm » Bureaucat: *On Xerox's shoulder* Heavens! We need to vacate this premise before it kills us with fire!*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 pm » Xerox: ... Yeah, now we really need to get to the engine rooms. *brushing himself off8
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 pm » (( Alright. __

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm » Claire: *poking a bit of machinery*

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm » Jane: [to Xerox] So. What now?

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm » William: *amused* really~? Tell me about it~

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:15 pm » (nautiloid, I think)

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:15 pm » Past David: ...we should get Andrew. This castle is DANGEROUS...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm » ((*can't remember if it was an ammonite or a nautiloid)*)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm » Future David: ...two Davids is two too many. Besides, I have a thief to catch... *Poofs out of this time*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm » ((She and Jess already stole the squidly thing and are headed back.))
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm » (Jess is with Beard, and Mimic is with Jess)

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:13 pm » William: *pats David's back in a friendly manner* sorry, can't help you there~
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:13 pm » ((Wasn't that what she was doing?))

Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:13 pm » ((I'm sorry! A friend came over and had a crisis of sorts.))
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:13 pm » ((Nope. Also, I think Dr. Beard is breaking into the meusemum, yes?))
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:13 pm » ((Did I miss the beginning?))

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:12 pm » (You seem to.))

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:12 pm » Past David: ...I need a new robot arm...

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:12 pm » ((Okay, to I have it all?))

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:11 pm » Chic: *climbs up and wrestles free the round spinny thing, then hands it to Eustace* Careful, it's a little zappy.*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:11 pm » William: oh? Shall we go fetch him bossman~? I don't think I'm much good with clockwork personally
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:11 pm » Claire: Yay machinery!

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:10 pm » (I'm here)

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:10 pm » Past David: Andrew's over there, guys...

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:09 pm » Alright. So! Xerox and Jane just got in an explosion. Past Dave got stolen by future Dave, Andrew is wondering why his swashbuckle got interrupted, Fredric and Claire and William and the Jagers and Claire and Eustace and Chic just discovered the broken machinery of the castle.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:08 pm » Pair O'Ducks: *Bapping him with nightsticks clutched in their beaks*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:06 pm » William: ah ahah~ none of that please~ *slooooowly pulling out several scrolls brimming with energy*
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:06 pm » .

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:05 pm » Pair O'Ducks: *Really REALLY don't like time travelers in the Heterodyne's castle, but Andrew and Chic are Jaegers and are SUPPOSED to be here and that messes with their head because jaeger are ALLOWED but Time travelers AREN'T allowed so they don't wanna think about that and Jane has the look of a predatory jaeger-tiger, so they're going after William because he's possibly the one who looks like the easiest mark.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:05 pm » Well, I left a note. He's a yellow dot there at the moment.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:04 pm » Jane: [appears in her Smoke Knight outfit, like she was in the story] I'm ready.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:03 pm » William: What~? I'm not hurting anything~

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:03 pm » Bureaucat: *Hiding on Xerox's shoulder*

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:03 pm » David: *Still confused about Future David* ..... bwah?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 pm » Okay.

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 pm » Sure

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 pm » Want me to do it?

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 pm » Looks like he's on Aim, yes.

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 pm » We should invite Wally...

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 pm » Ducks: *Flurrying at William* Qvaaack!

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 pm » Lesee, I know claire and Geneve are on Aim... anyone know if Wally is on?
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 pm » (Hello again!)

Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:59 pm » William:*waves in a friendly manner to the ducks*

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:59 pm » Okay! Lets see. Whoooos here.

chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:58 pm » .

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:57 pm » Future David: ... *Sneaking off* Don't mind me....
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:57 pm » Andrew: ...what just happened to my swashbuckily moment.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:57 pm » Pair O'Ducks: *Glaring at the group, generally not happy with all these time travelers, only not attacking by trying to decide who to attack first.*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:54 pm » Jane: The Pair o' Docks.

Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:54 pm » Jane: That reminds me... I realized what would be the perfect building for The Pier:
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:53 pm » Heh.

Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:53 pm » Andrew: ... *arms le empty* ...what just happened?
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:51 pm » William: interesting ducks~

Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:49 pm » Pair O'Ducks: Qvack. *Poking Andrew with the nightstick*

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:39 pm 

Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:33 am » (I can get it)
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am » (Can't post this bit - I accidentally refreshed at the wrong time)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am » (Can someone post this section? :3 ))
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am » Just spiffy.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am » Sounds like a deal.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am » Ok, so on wednesday we'll finish Dresden Files Character sheets, is that copachetic with everyone?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am » And yeah, sleep good.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am » Sounds good!
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am » Okay, someone post this last bit, too? Pretty please?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 am » Makes sense and sounds like a good plan...
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 am » works for me. sleep is probably a good idea for my schedule too ^.^
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 am » We're gonna stop here, and I figure that, like Z's wensday game, when we all happen to be available, we can do this again sometime.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 am » Goodnight Zo.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 am » G'night, Z!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 am » Sounds good to me.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 am » Goodnight, Zobot.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 am » I was just about to call it.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 am » Ok, guys... as much as I hate to say it, I have to pull out here. I gotta get up tomorrow at some time. Sorry
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 am » Ravel: 8queezes his hand* Eets a leetle like de time ve vere in svitzerland.
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 am » You can't be a few blocks away from the IC University, judging from the roar of the annual Calvinball game crowds, and a nearvye bakery smells of plutonium and iced buns. Its familiar, but just a little removed. These were the days of giant gerbils, and the real heyday of dangerous Mad streets.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 am » Boris: Last time hyu vas in Amerrika...vell, let's chust say it's changed a leedle.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:29 am » lilDemo:*reflexively checks his current outfit to make sure his weapons are still there.*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:29 am » Boris: *looks around*
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:29 am » Claire: Eee!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 am » The streets of Xyxlon, 203X are bathed in the light of early evening, a orange, green, pink, and taupe glow of the sunset bathing the streets. In a shadowed alley by a handy Tesla Coil emporium, the group appears in a flash of light, to the sound of tires screeching and police sirens sounding off, to the familiar strains of deathray in D minor.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:26 am » http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af-wIi8NEo
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:26 am » Chic: Andrew, did you know Xerox back then?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:26 am » One moment while I que up the right music...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:25 am » (( We;re about done for the night, geneve. :) __
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:25 am » And with a flash, the group is transported away from the island.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:25 am » ((I think I need coffee or strong tea or something. D= ))
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:25 am » Andrew: Oh... I remember him. He was chummy. *quiet* He worked with my dad.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:25 am » Claire: *eee time travel!*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:25 am » .
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:24 am » David: Huh, I wonder what he's like if Mr. Xerox didn't like him...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:23 am » Ravel grabs the handle, and glances back at everyone. "Alright, we;re going in five... four... three... two... contact!"
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:23 am » Jane: Loose canon? Really?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:23 am » Xerox: And, of course, m Commander. I hated him. he more or less tricked me into the job, kept insisting I'd be perfect for it, and ran roghshod over the whole operation. Sure, he got things done, but he always rubbed me the wrong way, and no matter how much i got annoyed at him, he took it in stride. I respect the guy now, of course, but... it;ll be interesting.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 am » (Not familiar with the show, Sarah. But possibly?)
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 am » lilDemo: Very well sir.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 am » Michael: ...things.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 am » .
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 am » (So, like Fringe?)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 am » Ravel: *gearing the machine up* Alrght... lets seee if I can nail this...
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 am » playing child demo with adult demo at the same time is intersting ^.^ ))
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 am » Xerox: Not as high tech as my era. We were basicaly just a way to have the same paperwork coalated together for all the guys working on mad science who weren;t in the main governmental law enforcement. It was us, cardboard foxes ful of paperfiles, with SD cards in them, loose cannons, car chases, and not one but two different semi-psychics with coffee obsessions handling murders in the pacific northwest.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 am » lilDemo:With which "this" sir?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:17 am » Michael: Demothesis, I'll need your assistance for this.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:16 am » (I'm ready ^.^ Demo's just being his usual spoilsport self)
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:16 am » (I'm ready!)
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:16 am » lilDemo: So, again, what sort of trouble should we expect from M in this time period in our attempts?
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:16 am » (Gogogo!)
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 am » (I'm ready.)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 am » Michael: BBC, you stay here with the little kitty person.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 am » Jane: [checks the pockets of her Smoke Knight tool belt] Ninja mode... ON!
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 am » (Dooo it!)
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 am » Rolf: Shame to hide sooch skritchable ears. *smiles* But since just for a leedle while...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 am » ((Alright, now unless theres anything anyone wants to do, I;ll have ravel kick off the new sextion.))
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 am » Claire: Thank you, Fredric! *hugs Rolf, too*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 am » Fredric: I;ll make sure yer disguised by then, Claire.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 am » .
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 am » .
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 am » Rolf: *takes off his hat, and puts it on Claire's head* Does this help?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 am » Claire: *kitten eyes at Fredric* Pleeeeaaase? I wanna glomp pastPrim...
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 am » David: Yeah, let's get that device!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 am » Michael: Claire, Frederic could just do some magic or something to make you not a spoiler
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 am » Xerox: ! *le dipped*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 am » Ravel: Vell, if dots it, then lets get this show on de road.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 am » Jess: Capiche, babe. Since I'm part of what the you then doesn't know, I'll get this out of the way now. *dips Xerox*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:11 am » Xerox: Does anecromantic tellacomunications agent count?
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:10 am » Jane: I have to ask. Would M also have an Ex-Communicator?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:10 am » Claire: ...eep! I'm spoiler-y! *looks at her tail* Priiiiim! I'm a spoiler!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:10 am » Xerox: You;re welcome to try, Micheal. You never met the Ex Commande.r
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am » Michael: Hm... M in the past. Heh heh heh.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am » William: ohhhh, excellent point. I don't much like boring~
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am » Xerox: On that note- it might be tempting, but I;d preffer the me then doesn;t know what I know now, fr the most part. Capiche?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am » .
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am » Claire: *nodnod* If you do spoilers and don't forget them then everything's BORING.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 am » Rad: *meeting SIlent cleese in the background*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 am » William: you are a very strange little girl~ *amused smile* Very well, no spoilers~ I'll stick my fingers in my ears if someone tries~
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 am » *Rando
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 am » AGh- ex that
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 am » Ravel: ... *nods* I still feel pretty bad. So I;ll do my best to help. *smiles*
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:06 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:06 am » Ravel:...vhell. *sets a hand on Boris' For vun, I think its alright, Ranfo. Men have done vorse things for tuition fair. And I vouldn't change vhot has happened to me.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 am » Andrew: Hm... well, whoeever they are, they seem to be taking the direct route. We;ll just have to work out who xe's targeting the most. I don;t envy they're rival.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 am » Claire: Nuuuu! No spoilers!
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 am » William: I love spoilers~
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 am » .
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 am » Claire: It might be a spoiler...
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 am » Teal: *is leedle peeps with the nice blue blob!*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 am » William: know who he's trying to get rid of~?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 am » Mimic: *hug!*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 am » Mimic: <3~
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 am » Mimic: !
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 am » Silent Cleese: *offering Mimic a new bucket*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 am » Xerox: *jots down a note* Gotcha. Well. Theoreticaly, any one of us could be, or could berelated to, he existence of this persons 'enemy.'
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:01 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:01 am » Rando: Shao Dee Veeran?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:01 am » Xerox: ...Whhaaaaaaaats your dads name, Rando?
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:01 am » Jane: ...related?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 am » David: What if all of the people he's screwing with are in his way... somehow.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 am » BBC: *meeting Teal!*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 am » Rando: That I do know. He said he was trying to get rid of someone in his way. Which- well, in my family, thats accpetableish... its not dishonorable to help someone with it. I didn;t know he;d be screwing wih a bunch of people unrelated to the conflict. Thats not... well. Fair. Its like taking a hostage.
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 am » .
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 am » Claire: ...isn't that what people do?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 am » Jess: Do you know *why* he's messing with time, Rando?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 am » Claire: *not sure what the problem is with someone sending them time travelling*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 am » Rando: *summons a mote of light, and traces a figure in the air* He didn't say. I assume that 'a while' means however long he wants it to have been. I;m not sure where hes from, but I'll explain what I know.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 am » Jane: Hey, maybe we could disassemble that.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 am » Chic: *deep breath* I do now. Uncle Thorns.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 am » David: .... wait, Chic has a Great Uncle?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:56 am » *Shanghaied*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:56 am » lilDemo:...How long is a while?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:56 am » Jess: Chill, geek. You'd be minus a great uncle if we hadn't gotten sanghaied into this.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am » Chic: *glares*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am » Xerox: ...*pushes his sunglasses up*
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am » Teal: *is still adoring of her Dadee* Peep!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am » ((When Gina and IF are introduced, Gina and Claire need to talk about heroes.))
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am » Rando: He said he;s been messing with time for a while now. *takes out the transmitter* And this is what I didn;t manage to plant. I;m willing to turn myself in after this.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am » Claire: Ooooh.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am » David: *Tempted to Bap Rando, but resisting*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 am » Jane: That explains a few things... like why we're here.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 am » Andrew: Yes, dear. He means the person who did something we don;t like, personaly.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 am » Rando: But I can help you locate the person who did all this.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 am » Claire: I'm a bad guy, right Da?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 am » Claire: Wait, I thought we were the bad guys.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 am » Chic: .....So you booby trap us.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 am » David: Ok....
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 am » William: I'll stick behind then~ I'm good at supervision~
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 am » *henching
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 am » Rando: ... *foot scuff* You don't have any reasons to trust me. So I;d like to stay behind, under supervision. I was hencing for the bad guy....
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:52 am » Teal: *hugs Dadee's hand* Peep! <3
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:52 am » David: ...what?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:52 am » Rando: ...sorry Teal. *kisses her head* So I understand if you;re all really mad at me. Just, he was offering materials for my experiments, and tuition...
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:52 am » Dr. Beard: ...
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:51 am » Teal: Peep?
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:51 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:51 am » Rando: ... *holding teal, and looking very ashamed* ... I was... sort of... hired to drop transmittors on you guys... the reason I got dragged along is I forgot to, because Teal... but I quit now. I mean. I was working for the person whos trying to mess up time. And I;m really sorry.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:50 am » lilDemo:*listening intently*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:49 am » Rando: I think I;ll stay behind this time... but. Um. Before you guys go, theres... something you should know.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 am » Xerox: I know you are.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 am » Teal: *eating, because she realized she was very hungry*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 am » Rando: *feeding Teal formulas*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 am » Michael: *Looking back at Xerox* Look, I'm just as concerned about getting back home as you are.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 am » (Oh, this will be fun. I'll have to remember anything that wasn't around in WWII, this Boris won't know)
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 am » Claire: Ok! *sets them next to Laitu, who is still napping*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 am » lilDemo: so, how much trouble should we expect in our efforts?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 am » Mimic: *colorful rage, poking at Dr. Beard*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:46 am » Mimic: <Actually it's mine! And it's full of gunk now!>
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:46 am » Eustace: Leave them here for now.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:46 am » Dr. Beard: One of those is mine!
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 am » .
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 am » Claire: Mister Eustace? Should I leae the buckets here, or bring them with?
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 am » Dr. Beard: I think we could possibly be retroactively arrested if we make him angry enough.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 am » Xerox: ...good point. *takes out a newspaper and baps Jane with it on the shoulder* Bad mad.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 am » Ravel: *smiles up at Boris* Hy can show you around a leetle. <3
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 am » Jennifer: Primary? Why does Jane not have to deal with a newspaper?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:44 am » Boris: Hyu've hed vorse dates. *musses Ravel's hair*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:44 am » Jane: [to Michael] Sez you.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:44 am » Xerox: ... but any bright ideas... *glances at Micheal*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:44 am » Xerox: We;re all out of their jursisdiction.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:43 am » Michael: Among other things, they're an organization that prevents Mad Scientists from doing whatever we want
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:43 am » Jennifer: Are they going to arrest those of us who do illegal things?
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:43 am » Jane: So, did the bear get fired successfully?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am » Ravel: Oh, an american governmental police... they;ll be fun!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am » Eustace: Well, this things set up...
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am » Boris: Vot is 'M'?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am » Claire: Yay!
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am » Boris: Heh. Not de past for me.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am » Xerox: *smiles*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am » Xerox: ... sure, Claire.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am » Xerox: I don;t remember that bit yet. Guess well find out.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am » William: funny, I though Reagan~
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am » Michael: ... *certainly NOT planning on messing with past Xerox.*
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am » Claire: I get to glomp you, right, Prim?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am » David: Wow. So we're gonna see M in the past?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am » Jess: This is going to be..interesting. *grins* What happens when we run into you, Prim?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am » Claire: Oooooh.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am » Fredric: ... Jimmy Carter.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:40 am » Claire: ...Fredric, which president do rabbits get thrown at?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:40 am » Xerox: I;m not sure, but I think he sucsessfully threw a rabbit at someone in a swamp.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 am » William: really~? What did he start with~? a dodo at Bush, a hound dog at Clinton~?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 am » Claire: What kind of wildlife gets flung at Fillmore?
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 am » Jess:*looks at Xerox* Before we met, hmm...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 am » Xerox: I was just a recruit when we brought in that nutso. He was obsessed with flinging wildlife at presidents.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 am » Michael: You now have my full attention
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 am » Michael: ... M?
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 am » lilDemo: A bear?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 am » Xerox: It's in M.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 am » Xerox: ... ... I know where it is.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 am » "Its an experimental sixth dimensional navigational targeting matrix, that a scientist invented to try and fire a bear at chester A Aurther from the future. I think it cna be adapted for our needs.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:36 am » Teal: *peeps at formula*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:36 am » Jane: So... what and when?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:36 am » Silent Cleese: *brought formula*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:36 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:36 am » Mimic: *climbs over to Jess and hugs by way of thanks*
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:35 am » "The machine is almost completed. Right now ve haff the power source, und the power stabelizer, so the time restriction is less of a concern. The time machine chust needs to be able to get the traction to get us up into your time, and kee you there without time skippink again. From what I was able to work out, we need a computational component that we can easily pick up from one place, and one time... Xyclon. About ten in the past from your perspective."
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:35 am » Teal: Peep?
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:35 am » lilDemo:*quirks eyebrow at Teal*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:34 am » Michael: *Putting BBC down in front of Teal*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:34 am » Jess: *got to steal something from castle heterodyne! is grinning from ear to ear*
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:34 am » .
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:34 am » .
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 am » Teal: *peeping at the strangecolor blob*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 am » .
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 am » .
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 am » Michael: Hmmph
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:31 am » As Eustace installs the power filter, Ravel- quietly standing against Boris, clears his throat.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 am » (ready!)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 am » Alrighty. Once on the island, its just a matter of Ravel fishing out the right materials for eustace, and one of the Jagers making another contribution to the body of science. Ravel even double checks with Eustace if the nect peice can be constructed by him by any chance, and gets a negative. As the little octarine blob brings over a bottle of formula for the floofy blue haired peepy teeny, Ravel takes a moment to explain to everyone where they;re going, and what they need to get.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 am » (Eeee~)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 am » (( Alright, movie sign, guys!))
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 am » actually, octarine)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 am » ((Yeah, and you just know he had an eye out for more))
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 am » yep)
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:27 am » (Okay, it's up!)
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:27 am » (Wulfenbach saw a small grey blob steal his breakfast, right?)
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:27 am » me, too.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:27 am » hee, I still love the wulfenbach tray bit.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 am » Eustace: *double takes at the silver tray, but shrugs*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 am » Except actually I can because you are clearly about to do something awesome.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 am » lilDemo: Get off my head please. *calmly eating food... and like a child pouring a ton anf a half of sugar into his oatmeal*
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 am » Michael: Yes, I should probably join this venture. I'll need parts for my Time-Turner
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 am » *Can't
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 am » ^^ Cann't wait to see what you do with the setting.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 am » Sounds perfect, Geneve.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 am » Silent Cleese: *appears on top of lil Demos head* Ah.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 am » I'd like to discuss the time period in more depth with you before we get there anyway, if that's okay with you.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 am » lilDemo:*is well rested by now, is not going to stay behind. period.*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 am » Absolutely, it can wait.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:23 am » go for it Tinker. :D it's your story and I'm sure we'll have fun
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:23 am » Claire: Maybe you get used to it? *hugs*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:23 am » All right.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:23 am » Is it alright if the prehistoric interlude happens a little later? I still want it to happen, but theres somthing I;ve been waiitng a while to do in this next section.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:23 am » Rolf: *hugs her* Heh. Just annoyink, und confusing.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:22 am » Claire: ...it mostly just tickles for me... does it really hurt your head? Someone can probably make medicine...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:22 am » Alrighty. Now then... Oh, shoot. one moment.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:22 am » Drezebel: *in a mechanicsburg jail* ...where was I again? Oh yeah, I'M PREGNANT! *Shaking the jailer in a panic*
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:22 am » Dr. Beard: *FOSSIL! YES!*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:22 am » Rolf: *looks at Claire with a new respect* How do hyu do it? All de time travel, und paradoxes, und meeting hyuself, und changing memories...it's a headache und a half!
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:21 am » .
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:21 am » Hehe. Well Sarah, if you want to join in the time nonsense, just PM me any time, okay? I;ll just drop someone in.
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:20 am » Hee.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:20 am » ...ok, I just like a pair of angry ducks. I'm sorry
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:20 am » (Hmmm, still trying to set up things for the trio in Xyon... but Kunda and Kylin are still kicking around Mechanicsburg, if anyone wants them. :) )
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:19 am » Pair O'DucksOOC: *At the Pier* QVAAACK! *Descending upon David*
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:19 am » yay, for working Sarah in!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:19 am » DavidOOC: OH GOSH THE DUCKS FOLLOWED US SOMEHOW!
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 am » Claire: Boss, it TICKLES.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 am » ....hooked by the time-fishing rod while trying to get another snow globe? One of her characters, anyhow.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 am » Jane: [doesn't really know who this Thorns person is anyways]
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:17 am » This is probably the gap to do so in...
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:17 am » And yeah, agreed.
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:17 am » Yup! It's part of the chapter.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:17 am » Also while we;re here, some breif fill in about thorns: Those in a position tohave their memories shift will be able to remember that before you fixed things, he had died. However, what you remember *more* is that hes a prominent scientist who isn;t as well known to the general public as his brother. Dr. iktor spent years trying to prove himself to him, which created his massive drive. Chic has spken to him through the phone, but this christmas was when you would alll see him face to face.
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:17 am » No prob. I just post it in the main thread, right?
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:17 am » Um, we should really try to find a way to work Sarah into the game if we can. She's been waiting a long time.
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:17 am » Thanks Sarah!
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 am » Sure!
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 am » Can someone save what we've done so far, to post it?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 am » Huzzah!
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 am » Yay for all of us!
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 am » I re-adjusted my schedule so I;m not at school till 7Pm!
Dr. Geneve Beard « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 am » I finally have my Thesis finished, which is a huge help.
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 am » I don't have 2.009! *more free tiiiiiiime*
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 am » All right. That works!
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am » yeah, school's started, but I'm more free than when I had work, that just had me either working or exhausted
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am » And really, I think posting will catch up now that the holidays are over. People have a bit more free time now
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am » Yep!
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am » Okay, why not?
Claire « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am » Sure!
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am » That sounds pretty fair.
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:13 am » Does that sound fair?
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:13 am » So! As you guys know, school has sandbagged my posting rate, and I decided to move around some of the ideas for the chapter. In the next couple of days, I am going to put *extremely breif titless fo the ;stages' left after this next one up in the MSW chat, and I;d like you guys to reply with which ones you;d like to see the most. Like, a list of four and you tell me the three you;d like to see most in order.
Demothesis « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:11 am » (go for it)
Professor Zobot « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:11 am » ((Sure)
Sarah McLaren « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:10 am » Oooh.
Jane Narbon « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:10 am » (OK.)
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:10 am » ((Alright then, lemme pause the action to ask you guys something then. :D )))
chicgeek « Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:10 am » (and yes, we should do this more often! It's fun!)

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:19 pm 

Quote:
Professor_Tinker « Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 am »
The streets of Xyxlon, 203X are bathed in the light of early evening, a orange, green, pink, and taupe glow of the sunset bathing the streets. In a shadowed alley by a handy Tesla Coil emporium, the group appears in a flash of light, to the sound of tires screeching and police sirens sounding off, to the familiar strains of deathray in D minor. You can't be a few blocks away from the IC University, judging from the roar of the annual Calvinball game crowds, and a nearbye bakery smells of plutonium and iced buns. Its familiar, but just a little removed. These were the days of giant gerbils, and the real heyday of dangerous Mad streets.

Boris glances around with interest. The last time he was in Amerrika, it was a different place and 20 years ago for him, and this is about what, 80-100 years in his future? He's quiet for a little while, taking things in. Tesla coils, rayguns, he can smell giant rodents and weird chemicals.
'So....this city, an Amerrikan Mechanicsburg? Or is standard for de future?" And just for ravel's ears-'und do ve heff time for a date?' Grin. Ah, he's missed that blush!

Chic grins, hearing the crowd at ICU. "I wonder if they're playing Redding? I bet I'm in the crowd somewhere!"
"Or on the field." Jess smirks. "Didn't you have a thing for the team captain?"
"You hush." Chic frowns." That was audience participation night. And you know good and well I wasn't serious about him. even if he did have a cute butt. Jeez, I was what, all of 14? 15? Anyway, don't we have a secret government facility to break into?"
Chic turns to her cousin, curious. "You're a few years older than me-were you teaching by then, working at M, or still at school? Hee, it's so tempting to introduce young me and young you! But I guess we have to avoid ourselves I guess, since we can change things."
Her eyes widen, as what she just said sinks in.
Chic grabs Andrew by the shirtfront.
"Andrew. Andrew." Her mouth opens and shuts a few times. "We....Andrew."
theycanchangethingsbutthefuturecan'tmessupthattooimportantbuthermomandohgod-theycanchangethingsbuttoomuchatstakeherfriendsherfamilycouldbemessedupifshedoesbuthermomtheycanchangethings!
Jess's hand clamps down on Chic's arm, making her blink. "Calm down, geek. You've got your crazy face on. We need to find out where we're goin' from Prim, and see if Ravel knows how much time we have. No running off to prank your old professor or make a Calvinball robot, 'kay? This is important."
Chic doesn't smile. "Yes. It is..."

C Valente

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 pm 

-Xyon City, Years in the Past-

-(But not many)-

"Sir? I've brought you your cane."

A young man with glasses that were entirely too large for his eyes and a uniform that was just one size too big entered the office of Commander Bradshaw "The Unstoppable Force", of Interpol's fame.

He approached the desk of a man with gray hair. Wrinkles under his eyes, which had dulled a bit over the years. Medals pinned to his chest, gold bars on his shoulders, as he stood up. "Thank you, Timmons." A hand criss-crossed with scars reached out and grabbed a metal walker.

"Sir? Why do you always go around with that?" The young man pushed a pair of glasses up the bridge of his nose, perhaps for the fifth time in the past hour. "You don't need it for walking, and you're faster than most of the recruits."

Commander Bradshaw scoffed. "You tell me, Timmons. Why do I walk with a cane?"

Timmons paused, opening his eyes and walking around his commanding officer. "... because... it's a convenient weapon?"

Bradshaw smirked. "Almost. It's because people expect old men to walk with a cane. Whether they need it or not, if people see an old man with it, they'll assume he does. And they'll treat him as if he did." He chuckled. "The fact that it's useful to club things with is merely a side benefit."

Timmons blinked. "I... THINK I get it, sir... it's a sort of doublethink, isn't it? If people see you as an old man with a cane, they'll just assume you're frail and weak even if you aren't. The people watching and the people you don't know are watching..."

Bradshaw laughed, a loud and deep resonance. "I survived to this age, young buck! I'm entitled to whatever benefits it affords me! The fact that it's a good drubbing implement is merely secondary." He reached over and clapped Timmons on the shoulder, causing the younger man to stumble. "You've a quicker mind than I, boy. Took me ten years to figure that trick out and you got it in ten seconds. If only Interpol had more like you among us..." A frown graced his face. "These new tykes are just too milquetoast."

Timmons shifted, uneasily. "They're... unseasoned. Give them some time, and..."

"They're more adept at pushing papers then collaring crooks!" Bradshaw scowled. "Remember Henson? Got liquified when he shouted to Dr. Slimington that he'd never get away with this. When. The. Bad. Doctor. Had. A Gun. Pointed. At. Him." he hobbled over to the window, looking out of it, a sickly light coating his face. "Noir got turned into some kind of two headed gerbil thing, and Jaspers is currently orbiting Pluto as far as we can tell. Why, if I was still up to training the rookies, we'd still be booting heads and bagging baddies!" A thin smile crossed his face, as he sighed. "Those were the days, weren't they, Timmons?"

"I was... a lot less happy with them than you were, sir." Timmons shifted uncomfortably.

"Remember Dr. Heracross? The Bug Fanatic? You stared him down just long enough for me to catch his Swarm of Doom in the Cosmic Net..."

"I wet myself and honestly thought he was going to turn me into a beetle..." Timmons frowned.

"But you didn't back down. You didn't let him get by you! Good lad, there. Good lad." he shook his head. "These are our last days, Timmons. The new rookies don't know their hands from their butts and that new group M is the younger and faster agency." he nodded. "If only I still did fieldwork! I'd show you all a thing or two, cubs!" He chuckled. "I truly would..." He turned. "Timmons, when I'm gone, I want you to take over Interpol."

"But... sir!"

Bradshaw shook his head. "My mind's made up, Timmons! Can't live forever, you know. I won't take no for an answer, my boy." He put both hands on his cane. "But the old dragon's still got some fire, by gum. Let's go, Timmons. It's time for the young lion to meet the old lion at last."

The two of them left the room, youth before age.

To meet with M.

--------------------------------------------

-David-

"This... this is Xyon? But it's so... different." He looked around. "No, it FEELS different, but it looks the same."

"Weird. What is this I feel..." He closed his eyes. He couldn't quite pin it down, but whatever it was didn't feel real. It was too faint. Like an echo of something. "...regret? Is this what that feels like? Like something horrible is happening, or will happen, or did happen. Like someone close to me failed."

"Please! My sister's in trouble! I need this medicine! She needs it! Please! Someone listen to me! Someone help us!"

His eyes were in tears. "I don't know why I feel so sad."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:26 pm 

Jess exchanges a look with Xerox. First Chic's all wide eyed and grabbing Andrew's lapels, now David's getting teary. All right. In this case, boyfriend trumps cousin. She latches on to Chic's arm, and steers her away, leaving Andrew free to comfort David.
"Okay, Geek. Spill. What's got you so-"
Chic blinks. Whispers. "Mom."
"Oh...Oh." Jess sighs in sudden comprehension, and hugs her, giving Xerox a 'get over here' sideways nod over Chic's head.
"Emmy. Let's keep this just us for a minute, 'kay? Your swains will just want to help you fix things, and Andy has his own hands full right now."
A brief smile flickers across Chic's face. "You haven't called me that since we were kids. Allright, I guess I can wait a little to talk to Andrew, but Jess! We know it can be done now! I didn't have an Uncle Thorns before and I do now time just worked around it so it's all right!"
"Whoa! Emmy, chill! Just listen." Her expression is compassionate. "Prim, about four or fives years in the future from this timepoint is when her mom...well, you know the story. And Em, you know we'd spare you that hurt if we could. But we can't."
"But-"Chic starts to object.
"It'd change too much. Say we get your mom away, get her some treatment-would you go stay with her and help, finish college later or go closer to home? Will it come out now what Lopez Inc. is up to, and how do you deal with it when you're still a kid, not mad, haven't even found your family yet? Can M at this point take them down? Will your mom decide to look up Vlad, screwing up his finding Minerva later? Will I stick around to help, and not take that Beijing job? Wait, what year is it? I think I just got back from Beijing. Okay -will I still run into Prim at Andy's house like before? Will your siblings still be found, or will they stay hidden and who knows what'll happen with them?? Will you find Vlad at the convention? Will you still find Tesla's notes and go mad the same way, will you ever meet Wally if your whole life changes now? Will you meet Andy the same way? Remember, you and Wally landing into his life like that is the pebble that started the avalanche. Will he stay pretty much a recluse? Emmy, Emmy...It's not just her life. It's a whole bunch of other people's lives that could be at risk."
Chic's mouth opens and shuts. "But....." Her voice trails off.
"Just...think, okay?" Jess's voice softens. "Get honest opinions from Prim or Andy or the Goof or Hotshot if you want, that's cool. Just promise me you won't go rushing off blindly."
Chic falls silent and frowns, thinking. And reluctantly nods.

Rolf shakes his head. Past Boris is flirting with Ravel, the others are breaking off into small groups and getting all emotional, he has a feeling if he doesn't watch Claire she'll run off to tackle Past Xerox, the others are looking around curiously or brooding. They're mads, they're bound to have started scheming the second they materialized here. "Is too much to hope de group stays together dis time, isn't it?" He loops an arm around Claire's waist. "Vell, it von't be borink!"

PastChic is indeed at the calvinball game, cheering on her team. "GO TIGERS!"

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:23 pm 

Demothesis

Demothesis watched all the various members of the small group drift into their own gatherings, and apparently into their own memories. Apparently a good number of them were less satisfied with their past than Demothesis was himself. In his work a mistake was not something you got to regret for long. If he had any serious regrets they would have occurred moments before his death. So for the moment he waited at Michael's side for everyone to finish their moping and scheming. It seemed, as Rolf had observed, that this would be another disjointed effort from the group.

William

"Hope you don't mind me keeping an eye on you." William stated in a cheerful tone as he slowly walked the shores of the island. He was talking, of course, to Rando as he made his slow lap. His hands would reach into his pockets and withdraw with a slip of paper that he would place near the waters of time before he started walking again. "But as you admitted, you had more than a small hand in this situation." There was, despite the accusation inherent in the words, surprisingly little blame in his voice. "So, here we are, though you did admit it and quit, so I'm cool with hanging out and talking if you are. Also, I suspect I have observed you employer during our previous foray in time. And if I am correct then, no offense, you are not much of a threat, comparatively speaking." The slips of paper were another spell of Alden's surrounding the island. It was not so much a wall or cage, nothing quite so solid, he was never good at that sort of thing. It was instead, more a mosquito net, in the magical sense. It would prevent anything tiny from just breaking in, but the true purpose was that anything trying to approach would have to pass through the net, and unless it was a being of immense skill, doing so without William's noticing wold be impossible. And so he waited on the island with Rando, hoping that he was wrong and that the white text being was not involved and capable of approaching the island.

10 ghost tackles.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 am 

-The Island of Time-
Rando listened attentively, tilting his head to the side... idly tapping the air a little to show teal the little glittering flashes of the spell in the air.

"Haha, I wouldn't worry about it! For me, its sort of natural to be watched carefully... in my family, its sort of go big, or return home. Like, theoretically dad could make ice cubes, but he wouldn't remember... but freezing over the Pacific for a few miles, he's done that~" he was gentle with teal, taking his cloak off to make it into a cushion of a sort for her.

"Whats your family like then, Seonbae?" he asked, seeming glad to move the conversation away from his part in recent events.

-197- that is, 203X-

Xerox glanced from side to side. Andrew was taking David by the shoulders, Chic had that *look* in her eyes, Ravel was... distracted. And this was HIS town. Old Xyclon. The one he remembered. He remembered the streets, and how dangerous it was, and how no one took the little upstart 'social workers' seriously yet.

He remembered who hadn't died yet. Who hadn't been hired yet. Who he had met. Who he hadn't-

Stop.
Think a second.
Hold those thoughts in place.
Before that, what really needs to be done?

"...alright. So. A retrieval from M, huh... if it was a little later, the No Questions Asked time travel perrgative would have been written up, but it looks like its hard luck for us. The first problem is; no obvious Jagermonsters. The political fallout would be a nightmare, and I say that as the man who personally had to corral the Two thousand thirty nine 'Disneyworld' incident, which hasn't happened yet." he jerked his thumb to the side, indicating- somehow- the timestream at large.

"Luckily, that ALSO means no one will really put two and two together. Most people, one Jagermonster is as another, and couldn't be picked out of a lineup. So anyone brightly colored is on duty to get the REST of us something we can use to keep our faces from being all too visible. We're on the other side of town from M right now- back *then/now* it was basically an office building not far from the town hall. Thats about twenty blocks away." he patted himself down, annoyed at the lack of much useful on him. Would have been handy to be able to check a satellite for the exact time and date.

"....I know theres a lot on our plates right now. But we got *time*. And if anyones going to do... anything big, theres enough time to think it over a little. Right now, though, I need someone who can help me hotwire a car." he found a pen, at least, and a little notebook.

"If someone *else* can work out where theres a payphone, that'd help too... and for M its self, we're gonna need some thoughts on how to get into a locked security room in a basement. Open to brain storming." he wrote down something quickly. A single phone number. A single pass code.

He had been telling the truth. Anything big, the group needed to hear. But this... this here was just to do with himself. This was *allowed*.

Andrew wiped Davids eyes for him a little- it was easier then trying not to cry himself. this was... eight or so years ago... how old had he been? How long would it have been to...?
Best not to think on it. Just yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:09 am 

Jess smiles. "Locked room? Sneaking down to the basement? Yeah, I think I can help with that. Hmm...if it's just in an office building, some of us could be..city building code inspectors, meter readers, whatever-while others are in the building keeping people busy, I dunno, somehow being a distraction. I can look like whoever you need, someone in M maybe? Yeah, get me something they've touched and I can even get the fingerprints. A high level mucky muck? Hmm...maybe a low level functionary would be better than a grand poohbah. Someone who could reasonably be expected to be an escort for any inspectors needing the basement. That'll puts me in place to help with the breaking in. And I can be sure to 'accidentally' lose part of my 'disguise', so the poor sap doesn't get in trouble...." Her voice trails off, and her grin becomes absolutely evil. "And I know just the sap."
"Jess.." Xerox knows that look.
"Hey, we can arrange being in the public eye for him, give him an alibi-say...running into an old friend." She meets his gaze, and looks at Claire. Yeah, pastPrim seeing Claire would be perfect. "Worst case scenario, I shift in front of the camera to remove any doubt. Y'know, I always wondered how you recognized me so fast at Andy's, when you'd just met me male, and years ago at that." Jess morphs her features into the image of Beijing-era Xerox, winks, and shifts back, all in a moment.
"Heh." Jess's eyes gleam. Prim might veto it, but even if it's all scrapped, that's fine. It'll start people thinking. And as much as she likes making careful plans and getting away clean-the risk is already putting her mind into overdrive. Once more, playing the dangerous, addictive game...
"Baby, we need a place where we can find each other before splitting up. Will that bakery do? Now, while you all are finding cars and phones and disguises, why don't I go find us a little cash for necessities?" She swiftly brushes her lips across his cheek, and smiles lazily.

Chic grumbles. She's not as obvious as the other jaegers, but even with a wig...best not to chance it. "Phooey. Sure, Jefe, I can help you hotwire a car." She points to a faded green van parked down the block. "How about the Mystery Machine over there?"

C Valente

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:35 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Jane slowly looked around at the world of past Xyon City, as a minor wave of nostalgia came over her. The other travelers had broken up into rough groups; she heard Xerox's announcement as she breathed in the air, still mildly scented with explosions.
Then, she actually processed what Xerox had said, and squeed.

"Ooh, I haven't done a good social engineering job in ages," she said, walking over towards Jess. Towards Xerox, she said, "OK. M is in an office building, so that simplifies things. Are there any other lodgers in the building? Directly above or below? Also, if you know any names of people there, or routines, or any info about the building, that'd help."
Jane hadn't even considered offering to hotwire the car. Messing with that sort of thing wasn't her strong point, anyway.
Next, Jane turned to Jess.
"So, I'm ready to help. What do you think you'll need me to do?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 pm 

~Claire~

I hug Rolf. I'm suprised they didn't like jaegerkin in Xyon city. Jaegers are awesome.

"...are you sure we can't just tell them about the Time Travel policy that's GOING to be written? Wait, do I get to glomp PastPrim in Miss Jess's plan? And we get to go into the bakery and get plutonium cupcakes?"

Miss Jess comes up with good plans.

"...wait, are jaegerkin not allowed in Xyon even on vacation? Can we give them disguise-y watches?"

Jennifer rolls her eyes. "We don't even have a teleporter with us. How are we supposed to grab some disguise watches quickly? I'm not making them- it would probably take me longer than we'll be here."

~Teal~

"Peep! Peep..." She snuggled in Dadee's cloak, looking up at him. "Peep!" Dadee was the best.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:13 pm 

-David and Michael-

He sniffled, holding Andrew for a moment, then shook his head. "No... no... this isn't me." He scowled. "I'm not gonna cry when I don't even know why I'm crying..." He didn't let go of Andrew. "Andrew... thanks... I don't know why I feel like this, but... I just... I need to stop thinking about it." he looked over at Chic. "Chic? Do you mind if I watch you and Mr. Xerox doing the hotwire thingy? I should probably learn how to do that..." he smiled weakly. "We just need to keep busy... Andrew... thank you." He hugged Andrew tightly and smiled.

"No matter how sad I feel, you help me get over it."

Michael frowned and folded his arms. "A disguise watch? Child's play. Demothesis and I will recover the parts we need to build something like that. Give us a half an hour and Xerox's blind eye turned to us."

He was scowling. If he HAD to be trapped in this time period, he was going to find some way to benefit from it. And as long as he kept himself focused on that, he wouldn't think about the OTHER thing...

----------------------------------------------------------------

-The other thing-

"Little child, why are you making such a ruckus? This is a hospital. The ill and infirm need to rest..."

"But my sister IS ill! She needs medicine and we don't have any and my big brother's out getting food...."

"Where are your parents?"

"....I'm not 'sposta talk about them..."

"Oh ho ho ho.... I think I understand, little boy. I believe I can help you... just listen to me, and your sister will be fine..."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:21 pm 

Jess turns as Jane speaks.
Quote:
"So, I'm ready to help. What do you think you'll need me to do?"

"Weell...Plans need to be worked out and finalized. Which we can't do all clustered on the sidewalk like a scout troop in search of a leader....Looks like Chic is going to hotwire a car with Prim. What I'm going to do is get us some operating capitol. As it stands, we can't so much as buy a donut and coffee, let alone anything like bribes, disguises, equipment-oh, I know that won't slow down those of you who can do a decent muahaha." Here she grins at Jane. "But it'll be helpful, so why not? As to what you can do specifically-waitaminute..." Jess breaks off to ever so slightly brush against a prosperous looking businessman waiting for the light to change. A wallet is extracted, riffled through, lightened, and replaced unnoticed seconds before her mark starts across the crosswalk.
"There we go, coffee money." Her hands expertly fan out some small bills. Jane gives her an inquisitive glance-she was watching closely, and saw a roll of bills that would choke a horse.
Jess meets her glance, and shrugs. "I just skimmed off the small stuff-no sense giving Andy and David conniptions, when we've got work to do." She hands it off to Rolf, with a "divvy this up, it'll be coffee money-better than standing on the sidewalk," and turns back to Jane.
"Now you and I work on getting some real folding green. Scam or dip, just go for jerks who can stand to be stung a bit, don 't clean them out, and the quicker we get done, the sooner we can scheme." Jess shifts form, becoming male and dark haired.
"You want us to hit the seedy looking bar down the block, or just go for a stroll with me?"

Rolf swiftly passes out the bills to those who want them, and he offers his arm to Claire. "Dollink, let's hyu und Hy go to dot bakery to start vith. There vill be work for us soon enough, ya?'

Boris looks at Ravel, amused. "So, he vants 'anybody foony colored' to get disguises so de odders can hide their faces? Sounds like ve need to find hats! For him, hennyvay. Tell me, leedle madboy, dot green hair-he isn't a leedle bit jaeger, is he?"

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane looked at Jess, smiling. It had been too long since she had done some proper, sneaky villainy, and even the invitation of it was making her feel alive.
"How about a little of both?" she said, in response to Jess's question. "I know a few good 2-person pickpocketing schemes— one of them requires some slightly messy food, so if you're in the mood for a MadDog with squid sauce, now's a good time." Jane thought for a second. "We should probably swap who's doing what, for variety. And then..."

Jane's gaze drifted over to the bar. "Well, no need to tell you what we could get up to in there," she said. "There's probably some 'jerks' in there, as you so elegantly put it. I'll do my best girl-out-of-her-depth impression." Jane mock-linked her arm through Jess's for a moment, and smiled.
Then, she asked, "Shall we go?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:52 pm 

William

"Mostly dead." William answered Rando's question simply, his usual smile not showing any change as he did. "Women in my family have a higher than normal risk of beheading, and men have a higher than normal risk of accidental eye contact with the women, resulting in petrification." He motions vaguely to the blindfold he wore, the many small eyes stitched into the fabric following the hand before several returned back to looking at Rando and the rest continued their restless darting movement, looking everywhere at once. "My family tended to be more safety oriented, I was pretty much disowned when I started henching and doing exciting things." He grinned as he finished setting the talismans up. "I didn't mind though, I enjoy helping out and going on adventures."

Demothesis

Demothesis shrugged and checked his equipment one more time before leaving with Michael to gather supplies for the disguise watches. Luckily most of the parts were easy enough to procure and he did have some money that wasn't dated after the current time they were dealing with. However the rarer items would require a bit more work, illegal work specifically. He knew of a place where one of the parts could be found, but it required breaking into a specific home, owned by one Zvetlana Tarnosky. Inside the house was the piece of tech needed for the disguise watch, as well as a ten year old boy up late, probably without permission, playing around with a computer and a sleeping girl about the same age who could probably beat up the local high school football team if she wanted to. Bill and Natalie Tarnosky had no idea that a child version of Demothesis, and Michael were working at the locks on the back door. Of course, Zvetlana was a security expert, of the type that advised heads of state how to protect against break ins, so the locks would be a challenge for even the likes of Demothesis.

10 ghost tackles.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next