Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Scientist Wars
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:46 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Florian considered the question for a moment, gently using a little baby spoon to feed Teal another little bite- handing the spoon to her daddee so that he could rummage around for some formula.

"Hmm... well... honestly?" he smiled a little shyly, going on tip-toe to reach a cupboard.

"Hy know its supposed to be being a scientist, or being world famous... and that would be neat. But hy really want to be... a dad." he admitted, smiling as he found a bottle. It might have a bit of a big teat... well, hed see how she managed.

"And even more then just being famous... hy want to be a part of something that'll change the *world*. Hy'm... um. Not so good at coming up with ideas... So I think I'd like to meet someone real smart and creative, too."

Comrade X let out the breath he'd been holding as carefully as he could. He could have handled a big noise and fight, sure. But there was something odd about the Jager that;d first come, and others... well. One looked like *real* fighter, and a thinker, and both were dangerous as nine hells. The tenth was reserved for Jagers built like small goddamned mountains.

He smiled as they walked away- waiting until they were out of earshot before sighing. "<Close vun. Now... what did I SAY about de carrier LAST time?No, scratch that. What I am saying *now* is: ask me first!>"

-Modern Times-
Nemo glances up at his friend, and nods. If he perhaps wonders a bit, or even a bit amused... well, he is a gentleman. And they are friends. So he shall keep quite mum.

"I don't see why not. The drink is fine, and the... scenery is *quite* lush." he said, quite innocently.

A jager had reluctantly brought the little box inside, after sending it breifly through an X-ray- times had changed, and it was easy to get skittish about the castle and small mysterious boxes. Bit it was brought in, to a slightly newer room...

A mechanical hand lowered to the table, gently opening the lid. A mechanism might even have smiled a little.

"<How terribly charming~ My, but its been a while...>"

-The past again!-

"My... but it HAS been a while!"

The 'new room was really all just for visitors. The Castle did not *need* a puppet 'Clank Body' that was connected by a huge array of cords, nor did he need it to be an artful rendition of 'himself', back in the youth of his creators days. The Castle could speak just as easily in any given room, after all. But it was nice to have a face to talk to. And for *him*, to have real hands to hold, and grip, and create with.

....not to mention, that in the case of a catastrophe, the castle could automatically back its self up to the clank body, and direct its own repairs... the easy way. Besides, in this kind of a case, it was nice to have a real body to accompany the manical cackling.

"RUN LITTLE MICE, RUN! YOU THINK I HAVE NOT HAD MY FAIR SHARE OF LITTLE SPIES? AAAHAHAHAHAAHAA!"

Up above, someone paused mid- hunt for a pencil.

"...<Oh, blast. The Castles got some poor fool in the basement... again.>" said Thorn Viktor, to one one at all.

Ravel, for hsi part, felt a little giddy as he walked- holding Boris' hand quietly. Oh, a little voice was trying to say he only had so much *time*, and he would hve to leave... and all kinds of little things. But it was okay. He could just shut the voice up, for a little while, and bask in the quiet sense of security he felt.

Boris. And thus. It wold be okay. Not even that he was there. Just... Boris.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:36 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

"Aaaaaah! Dogs! Chasing! Dogs! Scary!" Bureaucat muttered, still clinging to Wally's arm.

David looked down at the kitten, before looking back at Wally. "Should we tell him we left the dogs behind after the third flaming chasm?"

Wally looked around, as they ducked under spinning saw blades, and rolled towards the large red button mounted on the wall. "You know, I think he's better off not worrying about what we're doing right now, don't you think?"

Jumping up, David slapped the button, stopping the death traps motion... shortly before it resumed, twice as fast as before. "But this is all so much Fun! I don't know why he's freaking out so much."

Wally watched the motion for a moment, before leaping back into the fray, heading for the yellow button. "Yeah, I'm not really sure why either." Jumping over an axeblade, and pressing himself up against the wall to dodge a volley of arrow, he pressed onward. "So... You have any idea how to work past this point?"

David shrugged. "Not a clue."

Wally smiled. "Well, we'll just have to figure something out, eh?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:05 pm 

The past-
Chic smiles at Florian. "That's a good plan." She hopes it'll still come true.... Chic then looks at the others. "So, once Teal is squared away, why don't we mosey over to the castle? The others are supposed to meet us there in the courtyard, right?"

PastRolf, meanwhile, has hunted up a couple of trusted friends.
"Hy don' know, Rolf. Dot's a pritty screwy story."
"Ya-hyu is making mit de joke, right?"
PastRolf sighs. "Hy heard enough to convince me. Und, can ve take de chance? Vith vat is at stake?"
"Hmm...." A head is scratched. "Vell, vot hyu vant to do?"
His voice is grim. "Ve know who was...will be responsible. Ketch them. If nodding else, lock them up for a couple of veeks-dot's somethink ve can get avay vith. If odders ask, ve don' heff to say how ve know. Chust..oh, ve heard dees rumors, ya? Then separate dem, find a vay to get at least vun of dem to talk. Und mit us knowink vat they tink no vun else does, dot should surprise dem into speech. Dey vill vonder chust vich vun must heff talked, ya? Ha, ve ken always giff dem to de Castle, later."
"Vhat? Vhen de Castle finds out vot their beeg plan vas..."
Evil grins are exchanged.
"Heh." Rolf nods. "But first, ve ken put dem in de tunnels, mebbe? Hy vant to vait on going to de Castle, vill be too confusing mit de, ah, adventurers around too. Und, giffs us time to make vun of dem talk first anyvay. Sound like a plan?"
The past versions of Heinrich and Stephan join Rolf in grinning fangily. Eyes glitter with deviltry and amusement.
"Ve Hunt!"

PresentRolf is walking with Claire, PastBoris, and Ravel. He smiles a little to see Boris and Ravel holding hands. They have so much longer still to wait. At least, they have a little time now. He clears his throat, prompting Ravel to turn and look over his shoulder at him.
"Hokay-ve going to de Castle now, beck to de Viktor's, or vot? Hyu lead, ve follow."

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject: These guys just rock.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 pm 

-David, Bureaucat, and Wally-

(This section of the post is pending Wally's approval of how I wrote his character)

"You know, they really don't make Death Traps like this anymore." Wally said with a touch of admiration in his voice as he and David struggled against the metal cables binding their arms and legs to the wall, as water leaked down from the ceiling, pouring right in front of them and raising the water level, which was now up to their knees.

David sighed, gazing at it wistfully. "You really get a feeling that the creators had something you just don't see with modern death traps... I don't really know what to call it. Just that most of them lack that... gah, what's the word..."

Wally tilted his his head, turning his neck a bit to face David. "...heart? Is that what you're looking for?"

David nodded. "Heart! Yeah! That's it! Most modern death traps lack the heart!"

Bureaucat was sitting on David's shoulder, claws dug inot his clothing, gazing at the hated water below them, his tail floofed out. "WHY AREN'T EITHER OF YOU DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THIS?!?"

David scowled at him. "Excuse me! We're trying, Bureaucat! But these cables are so strong... even Wally's superstrong arms aren't a match! Most of the tools we tried using to cut them won't get through diamond filament cable, and if I try a minimissile, I'll blow us both up." He looked over at Wally. "You know, I think it might actually have us this time. I think we're done for!"

Wally looked back at him. "You know, I think you're right! Wow, what a death trap!"

Bureaucat screamed, crying and digging his claws into David's shoulder. David snarled. "BUREAUCAT! Will you PLEASE stop that and accept our deaths like a man... cat... thing? Your constant panicking is really starting to annoy me something fierce!" At that point, David's fleshy hand glinted, and the infinity tattoo on it glowed, as a sword that could cut through almost anything suddenly appeared in it. The cables binding his right leg were severed almost instantly, as the sword pierced clean through the floor beneath them, causing the water to spill out.

And then, a few moments later, the sword was gone, just as quickly as it had appeared, leaving David, Wally, and Bureaucat staring at it, wide-eyed, as the water in the room began to leak out through the new hole in the floor.

"Oh my gosh..." David looked down at the hole. "I... I... I hurt the death trap!"

Wally looked at it. "That poor thing!"

David sniffled. "I didn't mean to! Do you have some tools on you? Can we fix it?"

Wally nodded. "If I can just get my hands free..."

Bureaucat looked at them both, eyes wide. "WHY ARE YOU HELPING IT?!?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Drezebel-

Her right eye was twitching as she handed the stuff into Kunda's hand. "Ink. Pen. I go now." She turned and started walking off, painting a streak of pink ribbon behind her, which was sticking to anything that touched it.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:51 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

Kunda watched Lady Drezabel leave with interest.
"Random woman."
"WHAT?"
Kunda signalled to Kylin that he could turn his ears on again.
"And now I have ink! Great!" She smiled a close eyed smile, then rummaged in a pocket and pulled out a piece of paper she'd scrawled on earlier.
"And now... to these coordinates!"

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:25 pm 

Dr. Beard, who has definitely been with the rest of the main group this entire time, has been absorbed in her own thought processes. Said thought processes could probably not be accurately conveyed in English type, but suffice to say they involved, as before, time travel and cephalopod gene splicing. Beard was, as mads go, very quiet right up until the point where the laws of physics were actually broken.

Mimic, who knew what that kind of distracted quiet meant by now, would have been getting very worried if she wasn't so focused on other things herself. Specifically, she was focusing on doing her very best impression of a large coffee table book. She wanted to practice being sneaky, just in case it really did turn out to be important.

The trouble, of course, with having a talent for going unnoticed is that no one notices your talent. With a mind structured much more like a human child than even her creator realized, and a "mom" who was easily distracted, Mimic was often starved for attention. Also, being a book was boring.

She started off by changing the color, to see if anyone would notice when a large book went from being deep red to forest green to a very academic-looking blue. Then she tried varying the title:"The Littlest Seahorse", "Landscapes of the Outer Ring", "Agatha Heterodyne and the Mechanical Squid".

((Sorry that this is unrelated to everything.))

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:13 am 
Heh heh heh.

By now, Jane's arms were full of parts. A few were indeed for the time machine; however, others had caught Jane's eye as she had passed with the others to find what they were looking for.
She had no idea what she would use them for, but that was part and parcel of being a Mad. Sometimes— often, all the time— the newest grand plan only got revealed in bits and pieces, at least before the latest big epiphany.

"So, what do we have left?" Jane asked to nobody in particular.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 pm 

-Meanwhile, watching in a relatively safe part of the Castle Heterodyne...-

-And by that, we mean a part that only tries to scald you.-

A figure was watching Wally, Bureaucat, and David as he was busy taking a few gears and springs and things from the Castle's walls. "Man, I can't believe I used to dress like that."

After another moment of part swapping. "Ok, I still DO dress like that. But looking at myself wearing stuff like that makes me wonder what I'm thinking. What AM I thinking? ...right now I'm wondering what I'm wondering. Gah! This isn't getting me anywhere!"

He sidestepped a stream of relatively hot water from above and got back to work. "My apologies, Castle, but I do need a few parts from you for something. Don't worry, you'll hardly have time to miss them, I'll quite literally bring them back in less than a minute."

As he finished his work, he heard a loud Twanging sound from behind him. "Wait, that's new." He turned just in time to fall to his knees, which narrowly let him avoid the poison-tipped dagger that had been aimed at his throat. "Well, I think THAT went well..." He smirked. Just as the dagger, which had just embedded itself in the wall, exploded.

A few moments later, he was picking schrapnel out of his shoulder and grinning. "Seriously. Best deathtrap EVER." He smirked, patting the Castle's walls fondly as he pressed a button on a device at his arm, and vanished.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 am 

Kylin arrived at the coordinates, grinning as Kunda turned the corner, several minutes behind him. Kunda skidded to a stop in the crowded square and looked around, then pulled out the map, checking it before stuffing it back in her pocket.
"O - kaaaay. Think I've got it right... sure hope this's indelible..."
Then, she proceeded to paint a huge X in the middle of the square.
"And now... we wait. Hee! I've always wanted to say that!"
Kylin just rolled his eyes.

In other words, he'll look like he was thrown into a rummage sale at high speed and came out wearing whatever stuck, because to him, "hero" means "costume" and "costume" means "dressup" and "dressup" means "whatever the hell I want".
------
"The only difference between genius and madness is the success rate." - White Wolf Forums

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:41 pm 

Mechanicsburg

A rip opened in the air on a little used side street and a man stepped through. He wasn't more than a few inches taller than average, for an American, which meant he was a good bit above average in Europe. A thick neck and broad shoulders gave one the impression of a man who had played football, or some equally combative sport, in his youth. A Well pressed business suit gave the impression of a man who had done well for himself in his adulthood. And he had the well worn lines in his face of a man who had made hard, cold decisions, and while he did not regret them, regretted their necessity. Over all Peter Stanwood Laughlin, the leader of the mysterious group called the Progressors, was a man who exuded authority and confidence, as well as the undefinable aura of a dangerous animal. The way the shadows seemed a little deeper near him, how easily fever bright eyes pierced out from a preternaturally shadowed face, the slow purpose of movement that reminded one of a glacier, slow but inevitable. He stepped away from the tear and pulled a pocket watch from his coat as he waited for the rest of his team to arrive.

The first to arrive was a man dressed in overalls that looked like they belonged on a military instillation. He was a very small, compact sort of man. Barely an inch over five feet and while he wasn't thick with muscle, his arms were all corded muscle. He was casually carrying part of an engine, working it over with a wrench as he walked, forcing loose a particularly stubborn bolt. "Boss." He stated simply, nodding to the older man. Mechanic was the second man's name. It would seem unusual to most, but that was how he referred to himself and was referred to by the rest of The Caste.

The Caste was a unique experiment in psychic communication and gestalt minds. Ten specialists were gathered by a mad and bonded together to make a perfect hench as well as a prototype of his experiment to bond the world's mind together under his command. Unfortunately things had gone slightly wrong, namely the ten, even confused to the point of being unable to separate who they individually were, were not keen on obeying the mad's commands. When the Progressors arrived they found ten individuals suffering the worst identity crises ever... since they found Donald anyway, there are a lot of encounters with people having identity crises when you deal with the worst Madness has to offer. After some work the ten more or less got their minds back where they belong, but now they're linked psychically.

the rest would arrive soon. The ones brought along for this mission at least. The rest were busy elsewhere or back at the base.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:59 pm 

It is often said 'There is a method to [my/his/their/it] Madness'. This is sometimes only technically the case, insofar as a floating island with strata layers of *cake* does, indeed, have a method. Sometimes this is not true, and what is being proclaimed as a method is more of a 'random assortment of verbs and nouns being applied to my immediate surroundings.

However this was, in fact, the case for the maker of Caste. It could be claimed that he was a somewhat old-fashioned mad scientist, of that particular sort. The kind that works quietly, and takes notes, and one day something *snaps* and all the bells and whistles begin... but more dangerous then razing the city with microbots or giant orange dinosaurs are this sort. The sort where they take their bells and whistles to quiet little places, and test hypothesis, take notes, and wait until they are ready.

They were never meant to gain their personalities back. The plan- that was re-created after the fact, from what could be salvaged, and the testimony of some of the victims- was to grind them all together into a single working gestalt. To this end, its members were picked with all the care of a painter selecting shades to mix together. Charred remnants of the files he has put together were chilling reviews of each persona personality and skills, medical histories and psychiatric profiles... and a clear patter emerged.

They were going to be a weapon. A small, concentrated library of skills. But then, there was the matter of control. To this end, he had sacrificed his own henchmen, with the idea that the weaker wills would overweigh the rest...

Needless to say, this did not work. For one thing, only one of his henchmen had been terribly weak willed, and more to the point, a single dab of yellow, in the end, does very little in a large muddle of purple.

And neither, as it turned out, did even a bright splash of red.

"Heya boss!" if PSL was about the American average height, this figure was just about the European standard height. He wore an enormously oversized, rather tattered wool coat that hung like a sheet.

And for better or worse, his face could cause small heart attacks in special police forces the world over. 'Chainsaw', of anyone, was doing the best as a member of a gestalt mind.

This was mostly due to the fact that, before hand, he was insane in the rather terrible manner where you never learned how to say sorry.

He had been meant to drive the rest of the mind insane. Perhaps it said something about human nature that he, instead, was driven sane.

A lender hand yanked him back by the baggy coat, without looking up from a clipboard- piled up something like six inches thick with papers. Secretary was another example of the average sum between a handful of people coming back up... well, a little closer to normal. At any rate, those who knew him now would be a little unnerved to know he had once been a *colder* man...

"Do try to maintain a small amount of behavioral decorum..."

"Layoffim. You know he doesn't get out much." oddly, Lackey was likely the reason they had been recoverable from the initial incident... and indeed, how help had come to find them. He looked like a Henchman the way Igor’s looked like Igor’s. Average build. Average looks. Serviceable clothing. Signs of wear ad tear.

And he has worked with the Progressors for... a while.

"Yes but-"

"No buts. Not like he can cause much trouble *here*, of all places."

------

A door opened far below the castle, shedding light on Wally and David- a lantern glowing in very odd colors held high.

"Excuse me, anyone still alive down there...?" it was always good manners to check. And, should there be violent intentions, the light would blind them a little. It paid, he was learning, to be cautious...

The explosion was of the sort that *normally* would rock the town it hit. This being Mechanicsburg, it rattled part of the wall alone. But the noise, at lest, echoed outwards through the air...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:23 pm 

-David, Wally, and Bureaucat-

Bureaucat streaked out of the sudden new opening, hiding behind whoever the new person was.

David looked up from his position on the floor, working on repairing the wound he inflicted on the death trap. "Oh, hello! Who are you?"

Bureaucat whimpered. "They're mad! MAD! Mad I say!"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:49 pm 

Wally looked up blearily at Bureaucat. "Well yes, of course we are... didn't you catch the memo?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:58 pm 

Chic was oddly enough, doing nothing more than relaxing. Chatting with the young boy would would (hopefully, assuming they haven't mucked up the past too badly) become her grandfather, and keeping a casual eye on Eustace.
Jess grinned at Mimic's antics, and winks at the ever changing coffee table book. Hmm, Dr.Beard's lost in thought, Andy's fussing over that lost boy, and Rando is fussing over Teal. She gives Rad a casual nod. Wonder what Hotshot is making of seeing his mentor as a kid?
Chic pipes up. "So, once Teal is squared away, why don't we mosey over to the castle? The others are supposed to meet us there in the courtyard, right?"
Jess opens her mouth to answer, and is drowned out by the sound of an explosion.
"Holy -" She bites off the rest, and shakes her head. "Right. Castle time. The others are either there, or will be heading there. We've lollygagged here long enough." She easily scoops up coffee table book Mimic, and turns to look at the others. "Ready?"

Rolf is walking along with Claire, Ravel, and Boris when it hits. He frantically tries to remember this day, but when you've lived through so much time....Shaking his head to clear it, he turns to Ravel. "If ve's going to de Castle, ve'd better hurry."

PastRolf is with pastHeinrich and pastStephan, hunting. The trio looks up sharply as the echos fade.
"Vot vas dot?"
"Perheps ve should-"
PastRolf's eyes narrow. "Eh, chust annoder explosion. Ve contine de hunt, while ve can. Ve know who de murderers are, ve know their targets, und Hy heff a feelink ve may not heff much time."
The trio redoubles their efforts. PastRolf has a grim look on his face. He has a terrible feeling that by trying to avert what his future self warned him of, they may bring it to pass. Or God help them, something worse. Isn't that how time travel stories work? But, what else can he do? Oh, he understands why his futureself told him. To simply do nothing, and let things unfold is/wasn't an option.
Doesn't stop him from cursing himself under his breath as they run.

Present Day Mechanicsburg-
Penny has presented herself to the jaeger guard at the Castle, for her community service. Her credentials are examined, but after all, they're expecting her. More importantly, the guard makes sure to introduce her to the castle.
She carelessly plops herself down by the moat, studying the monster. My, the poor thing does have quite the barnacle problem doesn't he? Well, time to get to work!
Penny slips out of her winter outerwear, and is found to be wearing a wetsuit. One devised by her mentor, Dr.Beard. Without further ado, she picks up a small black box and dives in to the moat.
"PENNY!" Rex widens his eyes. He flaps over to the jaeger guard, alarmed. "I thought that you'd trank the thing, or shrink it, or something! Get her out of there!" Even the water weed looks dangerous. And he's not altogether too certain that the water is water.
The guard shakes his head. "Nodding to be done now. Ve see how she gets on mit Olaf, ya?"
"Olaf?" They named the monster Olaf?
"At least tell me it's been fed..."

Farnsworth strolls unhurridly into Mama Gkitka's, Nemo in tow. He casually glances around for the proprietess.
"Guten Tag, Madame." He inclines his head, making a short bow over her hand. "Not to be presumptuous, but if there is any way I may be of assistance? I have been aqquainted with your grandchildren for some time, and hope you will feel free to ask."
Chic as Minerva's protege, a nodding aqquaintance with Andrew, he even recalls those young Tinker rascals from their college days.
It just doesn't feel right, to be sightseeing with Nemo, while so much is going on. Even if there's no miscreants to be reprimanded, perhaps his company may prove to be a distraction?

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:14 pm 

-Present Day, in the Negative Universe-

Sincere Male PC scowled, looking at his boss. "...Are you sure, sir? I mean, this is a lot of effort just for-"

nZobot turned and snarled at him. "There is almost nothing else I'd work this hard for! And we're not done yet! It has to be perfect. Perfect." He whirled around and scowled. "We need treasure. This giant aztec warship doesn't exist in our universe for some reason, and in the posiverse looters must have emptied it. Gut the ice cream storage chambers my idiot alternate made and start converting them into safes." He walked off. "We'll need monsters. Many, many monsters of all sorts. And I'll create death robots as well. And more puzzles and traps. Many more traps."

He started walking out, followed by Sincere, until the sun was shining over them. He turned to face the Aztec ship.

"This is the only thing I can do for her now." He looked up at it, despondent.

Sincere paused. "...you're still blaming yourself?"

nZobot frowned. "I have never forgotten what happened to her. Or that it was my fault. I keep it in mind daily." He folded his arms. "Here in the Southern reaches of Mexico is appropriate. Someplace remote. Isolated." He folded his arms. "This desolate, exotic place will be your bed. The monsters and traps will be my gift to you." He closed his eyes. "The last thing I can do for you, Sarah, since I can't figure out how to fix what happened. I can't make things right, but I can at least make you a tomb." He shed a tear.

"You always wanted to travel the world. Now you can rest here, out in it. Body preserved in perfect stasis, so you never die."

He turned to Sincere. "Lay the headstone here. Perhaps someday, someone, drawn here by the rumors of great treasure, may find a way to cure her. Perhaps someday Sarah can be healed." As Sincere affixed a tombstone in the earth in front of the Aztec Warship's only entrance, and they began to walk off. "But not before climbing over the bodies of the hundreds who came here before. A proper legacy for my failure to you, sis." He trembled. "Let's go, Sincere. We have to be at Andy's place before anyone notices we're gone, and we'll have to get the resources to come back a week from now."

Printed on the tombstone was a single sentence.

Here lies Sarah, beloved little sister and the one good person in this desolate world.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:14 pm 

~Teal~

She liked the nice colors person! And there was MILK and it was nyam! Even if it was hard to get to because of the rubbery thing. But MILK! And there was a loud noise but it was more eee than waaah for some reason. "Peep! Peep!" She hopped up and down in Dadee's hand, excited.

~young James~

"...the castle? But stuff is always exploding there... can't we stay here?"

~Claire~

"Let's go to the Castle! I like it and it sounds splody at the moment? Please, Master?" The Castle is so much fun and it's all DOOMY and there are lots of explosives and everything...

~Rada~

Rada pouted. "He BROKE IT." She deliberately ignored Arky's comments about using the cat carrier- it probably wouldn't work, but it was worth a try... "It was good Russian steel and it was MY cat carrier and he ripped the door off and now it's BROKEN!" She glared at a wall, since the jaeger who broke the cat carrier wasn't around to glare at. "And where am I supposed to get nice tools to fix it when we aren't in Russia? And I didn't get to capture the catperson! Now Stalin won't be proud of me." Stupid catperson... it wasn't like there wasn't room in the cat carrier for her...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:10 pm 

Comrade X hadn't flinched when he heard the explosion- with associates like his, you either got used to it or developed a very nervous personality. But he did bite down a little harder on his cigar, glancing up... inhaling slowly as his eyes narrowed. A plume of smoke wasn't terribly noticeable in Mechanicsurg from day to day, aye... or even within a certain radius of, again, his partners. But then... then. THis was all in the wrong place. The outer wall of the castle? Form the castle, near the castle... oh, alright, so sometimes the castle took pot-shots at passing seagulls, but those were a lot smaller, and usually never so close.

"...girls? Pack up the case, and the moping." he said firmly, cracking his neck, and exhaling out through his nose. Just then, with that particular look and- of course- the coat, he really did resemble nothing so much as an enraged bear. One, perhaps, that has seen some fool decide they would like to tease a cub of theirs.

"We;re still allies with Mechanicsburg, aye? While war is on, for glorious defenses of freedoms? And I think... I think someone thinks the wars not over yet." he growled, cracking his knuckles and striding past his teammates.

"So, we are in war, are allies for war. We are seeing allies get attack, we go and HELP, yes? Is clear directive! So we better quit beink spies for a little bit. AND if they don;t LIKE it, they can be finding new spies!" he declared, stomping towards the castle with a determined soldiers determination.

He would strike down the first man to say he did not believe in his country, and had already given years of his life on battlefields small and large for the cause of freedom, and The People, and indeed for what men had called communism. And there was no man more loyal to his beleifes then Comrade X. Which was, in fact, why he was going against direct orders of non interference.

You had to have good beliefs. They didn't necessarily have to involve doing what the men in charge said.

---

Randos eyes re-focused a little as he looked up- which was always a bit disconcerting if you weren't used to it. Red irises on an uninterrupted field of black were one thing, but the slight glow that could appear on an opposite wall sometimes was just a touch *odd*. He didn't know why, but that explosion... just felt a bit *odd*. He tried to focus on it, but had to quickly catch Teal from bouncing off his hand.

"Hee! Easy, there..."

Florian went to the window, staring... going a pale color, no less.

"The castle! I... I have to... can you stay here? Keep feeding little one, but I... I-I need to see... see if is..." he stuttered looking... surprisingly nervous. You could see where he would become Dr. Viktor, to be sure. The lines of the face were all there. But never this... frightened, exactly.

Andrew considered this, and looked up at the smoke. "...you have a point. But I think I have to see whats going on... tell you what, you can stay here. This is my families house. Sort of. I mean, will be... And its safe. Any... any time you're in this city, you just... you just come here, okay?" he said, wishing he could do more. He considered, and pulled a small case out of his pocket.He pushed it into the boys hand. "And take this. Its got little samples or cash or negotiable materials from different eras of time... so in case you get stranded again, you can get food. Alright?"

At the Castle...

A dark clothed figure surveyed the damage from the explosion with a sigh, and flicked through a set of pages. The book he held was large and carefully bound in iron, a grim and classical look... a little spoilt by the number of little colored notes and bits of paper in the pages, rather half-hazardly strewn through.

"Not *quite*. Once more then, with *feeling* then, Igor."

"Yeth, marthter."

-Present Day-

Mama Gitka looked up, and smiled a little- oh, she was as solid as aged teak, and fierce as a thunderstorm woven in herbeauty... but it was clear she was a little on edge. The Jagerkinder were on edge- like an army that knows some unknown enemy has struck, but that has no orders yet. That was the kind of night when soldiers stayed up, playing cards, and listening, and generally not doing themselves much good.

"...hyu know, hy think maybe hy could. Either uff hyu ken sing?"

-Past Day-

The figure grinned, and crouched a little.

"Thorns Viktor, here! Dr. Viktor, for short- could you use a hand, there? Only I think that wiring needs some needle nose pliers- I might have some on me. And... oh, ay. What *are* you doing in here?"

He was tall, and had a voice so trustworthy you could mortgage a house on it. Jovial, even. Up and down, he seemed to be... well, friendly. Someone who just kind of had a certain cunning charisma, and knew it quite well. Thorns Viktor held out a hand to them both, unconcerned by the explosion entirely...

Post subject: This is why David needs a common sense person with him.
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:52 am 

-Drezebel-

She was, right now, taking long deep breaths. After a while of rampaging, she was finally getting her brain wrapped around the idea that she may, in fact, end up being a mommy soon. The revelation was still terrifying and exciting to her, and she STILL felt like shouting, but she liked to think that she had handled it as maturely as she possibly could.

Which was why she was currently in a prison in Mechanicsburg, restraints affixing her to a wall by all four limbs. The Pants of Heterodyne still sitting on her head like some kind of trophy-hat. She looked around. "Admittedly, they may have thought out restraining me a BIT more than I've thought out escaping..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-David, in the Past, with the Bureaucat-

David smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Doctor Viktor." He smiled. "Uh, well, if I had to guess, I'd say we're here because the Castle herded us here with a number of other traps."

Bureaucat, who was calming down slightly after all that horrid water had escaped, smacked his face with a paw and looked over at David. "Mister Toboz, the man is asking why you're in the Castle in the first place, not how you ended up here. At least, that is what I presume."

David thought for a moment. "Hm? Oh, uh... well, I think we're here to get the parts we need for that machine we're building, right? The parts that we had to find in the Castle? Or maybe we're here to be a distraction so that the others can get the parts we need. I kinda forget." He looked over at Wally. "Do you remember?" he asked as he was twisting some wires into position.

Bureaucat stared blankly at them both. "Mister Toboz! You don't just TELL them that!"

David looked hurt. "I'm not going to lie to him, Bureaucat... and he was so polite and nice, too. What's wrong?"

Bureaucat paused for a moment before smacking his paw against his face again, following it quickly up with the other paw.

-Xin Yun

Last edited by Zobot257 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:05 pm 

William

William leaned against a wall comfortably, watching everyone dither about until he noticed the small construct of Dr.Beard's playing around with her disguises. With a usual amused grin he watched the little one play around with various forms and variations on the tome.

"Yanno, most folks don't try to get attention when hiding in plain sight. Novel idea."

He whispered to the book, leaned over conspiratorially. He was about to say more when he felt the rumble and "looked" towards the castle.

"Huh, looks like it's getting towards the leap into action bit eh little one?" He stretched lightly and looked to Fredric to see what his boss was planning on doing. It was his job to help after all.

10 ghost tackles.

DOOM! and DR.KINESTRO! are both trademarks of the Kinestro co. and are not to be used, displayed, shouted, written, or thought without express permission of the Kinestro co. Perpetrators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, then dealt with personally by DR.KINESTRO!(tm).

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:50 pm 

Wally chuckled, and patted Bureaucat on the back. "It's okay, he's just like that sometimes... But yeah, it's one of the two." He thought for a minute, and then turned back to David. "Actually, I think we just kinda wandered off, and ended up in the Castle? It's all a bit fuzzy, what with all the exciting traps." Smiling up at Doctor Viktor, Wally turned his attention back to him. "So... What are you doing in here?"

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:46 pm 

Elizaveta blinks big eyes, magnified even more by the big round lenses of her glasses. She grabs Rada by the hand. "Come on, Comrade! We'll blow something up-it'll make you feel better. I saved one of the sparkly explosives for you!" A quick grin at her, then she scurries off behind Comrade X, tugging Rada along.

Chic grabs Rad by the hand, and tugs. "Castle, now. Andrew and G-I mean, Florian, are worried." She abruptly drops his hand, and turns to Eustace. "You are sticking with me, okay? No scoobying!" She grins at him. "I made you a promise, after all. And I'm so taking 'Bapper of insert-your-last-name-plural' as a title."
Jess scoops up the book that is Mimic and smiles at her. "Tres cool, but you might want to change form now, okay? Looks like we're goin' places." She walks over to Dr. Beard. "Looks like it's time for us to go. The others will just have to meet us at the castle, if they aren't there already."

PastRolf is with PastHeinrich and PastStephan, hunting. Can they stop a crime before it's committed, or are their actions guaranteeing it'll come to pass? Eh, no time to ponder philosophical questions. They hunt!

Present day Mechanicsburg-
Farnsworth smiles at Mama Gitka's request. "I shall endeavor to oblige you, Madame. But I insist on Nemo following suit."
He walks over to the stage, thinking furiously. He knows plenty of old Roman drinking songs, but perhaps something less bawdy is called for. Besides, he suspects no one would understand the latin, and the English version loses something in the translation. Maybe a bit later on.
And something romantic would be completely inappropriate. Although the song 'Moonlight Becomes Her' is tempting...
Hmm, perhaps a drinking song wouldn't go amiss at that. Something lighthearted. Let's see...she runs a bar. Ah, this one will do-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El3a-1bSIZM

"I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler, I'm a long way from home
And if you don't like me, well, leave me alone
I'll eat when I'm hungry, I'll drink when I'm dry
And the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live til I die

I've been a moonshiner for many a year
I've spent all me money on whiskey and beer
I'll go to some hollow, I'll set up my still
And I'll make you a gallon for a ten shilling bill"

Farnsworth grins at Gitka, and tips his helmet. There's some laughter, and a few jaegers joining in on the chorus.
'I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler, I'm a long way from home
And the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live til I die.'

Farnsworth has a surprisingly strong tenor, pleasant to listen to. Jaegers tap their feet as he takes the next verse.

"I'll go to some hollow in this counterie
Ten gallons of wash I can go on a spree
No women to follow, the world is all mine
I love none so well as I love the moonshine."

More jaegers are joining in on the chorus. The tune's catchy, and it amuses them, someone singing about moonshine at Gitka's place!

'I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler, I'm a long way from home
And the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live til I die.'

Farnsworth puts on a mock soulfull expression for the last verse. And when the last chorus comes around, it's loud with rough, gleeful voices.

"Oh, moonshine, dear moonshine, oh, how I love thee
You killed me old father, but ah you try me
Now bless all moonshiners and bless all moonshine
Their breath smells as sweet as the dew on the vine

I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler, I'm a long way from home
And the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live til I die."

Farnsworth bows in Gitka's direction, and gracefully leaps off the stage. He strides jauntily over to the bar, and rests an elbow upon it. "Will that do for a start? And-"His voice becomes very casual-"Nemo-the lady asked if either of us could sing. You're up next."
He winks at Gitka as Nemo sputters

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:56 am 

"...Hm? Oh. Of course." Dr. Beard shakes herself halfway out of her thoughts, following, thinking and drawing. She pauses briefly and looks around. "Wait, where's Mimic? Can't leave her alone here... oh."
Mimic waves from Jess's shoulder. Now how did she get over there? Hmm. Well, she should be safe. That's the main thing.
She looks back to her notebook and follows without looking up.

Mimic turns greenish and pink when she notices her creator's distraction. She loops a tentacle around into Jess's eyesight and taps her on the shoulder with the tip.

Mom's gonna do something weird. She's gone all quiet.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:39 pm 

At that, Jess lifts an eyebrow. She murmurs softly to Mimic, "I'll keep an eye out, okay? We'll make sure she doesn't get lost, and that nobody bothers her." She drops into line behind Dr.Beard. If Mimic's mom is getting ready to hit Muahaha-land, things could get interesting. Especially now, when it seems the fun's about to begin.

Chic looks up at the Castle ahead of them, from her spot by Eustace's elbow. Okay, Andrew and Florian (so odd to think of Grandpapa like this) are worried, so something's wrong. But...the Castle! She didn't have a chance to see it before they left. What with seeing her baby siblings, and finally working things out with Wally and Rad.
She tugs on his sleeve as they run, her voice admiring. "When we get back, do you think we could squeeze in time for a tour? I don't think Ravel's going to let us lollygag too much."

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:45 pm 

~Rada~

Yay helping! Arky was always good at explaining these things. "<...wait, you still have one of the sparkly explosives?! And you're only mentioning it just now?!>" They could set it off soon! Maybe they could even fire it at enemies if the state or something... that would be awesome.

Rada tucked her cat carrier away- she would have to fix it later- and took off with Elizaveta after Arky.

~yJames~

"Oh... um, thanks..." James kept the packet in his hand. It would be a shame to lose it... he supposed he could just leave it on the table so that the nice man would get it back. He'd have to wait until the nice man left, though. In the meantime...

He walked over to the shadow-boy nervously. "Um, excuse me? D-do you have a brother who lives near here, by any chance?" The teeny catperson looked up at him and peeped cheerfully. "...hello?"

~Claire~

I tug Rolf towards the castle. "CASTLE. And EXPLOSIONS." I wonder if the castle has any deathtraps I don't know right now...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:25 am 
Heh heh heh.

Jane

....still has her arms full of time-machine parts.

Post subject: Stirring the Pot of Evil...
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:49 pm 

-Robin Toboz-

Was pretty bored. Claire didn't really cause much chaos with the Rolf boy around. She peeped in Claire's ear. "Come on! We should go make a Dyne duck or some explosions or something! Wanna go launch a Clank into orbit?" She looked up at Castle Heterodyne. "Ooo... wanna use some of the parts in there to make some of the death traps in there better death traps? Actually, could I ask a favor? Could you go get me some water from the base of the River Dyne? Just a mug full..."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:40 pm 

Fredric turned to William, looking thoughtful... "Leap into action is right... thats not th' right kinda explosion." he popped his flopped ear up, swiveling it slightly. "Short, unstained... right NEXT t' th' castle, after a wars been on?" he grinned, and stood to follow out. "Lets take a look... duty calls, n; all." he reached out, and gently touched Dr. Beards shoulder.

"You okay, Doctor...?" he asked, smiling as they walked towards the castle- smoke still rose up in thick plumes of black smoke from the impact point. Only it was a little bit of a odd color. Fredric squinted up, shielding his eyes...

"That smoke look weird, t' anyone...?" he asked, gesturing a little- his piercings jangling a little as he tucked his ears up under a hat. Oh, he could transform them... but he preferred this way. Ears on the sides of the head made him feel a little deaf. And besides, any excuse for a tophat. He was looking up at the black smoke, which was curling and billowing... but what a odd shade of black it was.

Ravel nodded grimly, adjusting his hat. "Duity calls... lets not forget, someone SENT hyu lot along." he said, bolting into a dead run, leap-frogging a cart- which took some doing, since it required leaping over the startled horse and driver first. Boris had it a little easier- if Boris broke into a run, whole buildings had been known to dive out of the way before. All the same, Ravel was out in front... mainly because the plume was not, to him, black. Rather, a kind of intense purplish green... octarine.

Eustace snorted at Chic, giving her a sidelong glance. "When we get back,s ee if I don;t KNIGHT you with that one... dare I ask just what scoobying is?"

It didn't take long for most embers of the group to get there, although the explosion point was somewhat tricy to get to- taking advantage of the thin land patch... and more importantly, a blind sport on the castle basly enough to fit two people in. The two figures, womewhat unconcerned, were respectively patching some new device onto the brick, and reading from a huge, iron-bund book...

"Steady on there, Igor..."

"Er... mrthter... we have company."

Dr. Mallory looked up.

...that is to say, someone the pitting image of Dr. mallory looked up, only lacking the keen grey stripes, and unrecodnizing of anyone there. Indeed, he seemed to be more foucused on the small blinding flame he was gathering in one hand...

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:45 am 

Boris takes in the situation at a glance. Some idiot spark and his henchman...hmm, and a powerful spark, at that. Idly he wonders how he's doing the flame trick, then dismisses from his mind as unimportant. Boris easily, calmly, shoulders his way to the front of the group.
He has a curious expression in his eyes. Holding up one massive hand in a universal signal, for 'hold on there,babbalouie!', he speaks.
Quietly.
"Hy neither know no care who hyu are, but let me say this before de festivities. Hy haeff been vaiting, since oh, de Wulfenbach days?, for dis eediot to be unstuck in time. Hy heff been informed dot his being here is a blip on de path, de is minutes...hours at most. Den a few more decades, hell! centuries to go. Vhy does dis concern hyu? Vell, Hy em spendink dot time dealink mit truble.
Hyu.
Now, dot tells hyu dot duty is taken seriously, ya? So before Hy follow mein natural inclination to-" Boris swiftly takes in the presence of ladies and children, and slightly alters his statement-"FEED hyu dot book, perhops ve can all pretend to be calm und sensible for a moment und talk? Vot;s hyu beef mit de Heterodynes? Un hyu keep doink dot to de Castle, hit's gonna get mad."
He crosses his arms, and waits for a response.

On the way there Chic grins at Eusatce's comments. "We're addresssing your serious lack of familiarity with tyhe classics later. Just picture, spooky old house, lab filled with traps, ect., a gang of young adults, and the leader saying-'hey guys. let's all split up and search!" Got it?

C Valente

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:21 am 

~Claire~

Ohhh... pretty color smoke! I don't know why people don't use that color more often... it's nice. Master has some stuff that color... he seems alarmed by something, though. Ah, well. I'll just run after him and see what's going on at the castle.

...buh? Isn't that Master's father? I wonder what he's doing here... his shiny seems wrong. Darn it. I'm confused again.

~Rada~

"...Arky? Isn't smoke normally black? Or... a different color than that? That smoke looks weird." How confusing. Arky would know what was going on, though.

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:28 am 

-David-

The death trap had been fixed thanks to the efforts of Wally and himself. He patted the makeshift patch they'd installed. "There! Good as Certified Like New!" he smiled. "Now the death trap can go back to killing us with the flooding water!" He waited for a moment. "...huh. I guess it ran out of water."

He looked back over at Thorns Viktor. "Well, since our immediate demise is being postponed, is there anything we can do for you?" David folded his arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Meanwhile...-

"Man... watching stuff that I already know the outcome to is actually... kinda boring."

Future David sat in a room somewhere else in Castle Heterodyne, wrestling with a robot arm that had come out of a wall holding a knife which was attempting to stab him, while he watched David and Wally and Bureaucat on a monitor. "I don't really know why I'm here. I mean, I'm supposed to be doing stuff without Bureaucat's supervision, but I can't really think of what to DO... geeze, being on the other side of a time loop is kinda weird. I thought when I finally caught up to my future self I'd know what I had to do here, but all I know is that there's something I have to do." he sighed, using his robot arm to throw the other arm against a wall. "Being by myself isn't very fun. I miss having friends to adventure with. I guess I could skip to the end and just pick Bureaucat back up, but I just KNOW that there's SOMETHING I've gotta be doing without him fussing about it. Otherwise why would my future self back when I was my past self have ditched him to help out my past self to begin with?"

He blinked as the Castle's knife-bearing arm came after him for another go. "I think I just confused myself. Ok... maybe I need to stop talking to myself. I really need a companion... and... maybe some sort of police box? No, that's silly." He ducked the knife and began punching in coordinates. "Well, I'm not figuring out anything here... maybe I should go view a potential future or something..."

In a flash of light, he vanished.

-Xin Yun

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next