Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:30 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

It was bound to happen eventually. David's crossed swords with Narbon enough times that she's practically an arch nemesis of his.

Of course, in every encounter they have he ends up losing one way or another... heck, the FIRST time they dealt with each other he lost a lab, an arm, and his memory.

On the plus side, every time since then the price for going up against Narbon has been progressively getting lower...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:43 pm 

.... this looks like 60 miles of bad road to me....
Edit: And here's a preveiw of the story i'm writing.

~
Xerox had driven way, WAY to long. he was almost sorry he hadn't let Claire come with him... but then again, five hours of inane car games and requests to visit every roadside attraction was just as sanity wearing.

"Hello Darlin'! Can I get you anything?" said a waitress, sort of... swaying up to his booth seat. She had the look of someone with grandbaby photos ready at a moments notice.

"... is there anything available that's jut sort of... sugar? Pure sugar? My friend made me quit smoking, and frankly I wish I'd just quit breathing." Oh, he'd hung on as long as he could... but there were only so many times you could take a facefull of gunpowder before you surrendered.

She grinned and jotted down an order.
"That'll be the pie, hun. And how 'bout some coffee? That's how my Ernest quit smoking- you remind me of him, back in his younger days... oh, he was such a charmer."

Xerox snorted as he glanced at himself in the window- Charmer? Pfft. Against his own will, maybe.
He ate his pie- key lime, nice- and considered his next move.
He had turned 18 yesterday, and was using some of the cash Grandpappy had given him to come here.
Primary was looking for where he came from. And the first place to look was here.
Where they had found him in the snow. Somewhere in the woods, along a trail.. there had o be something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 pm 

Hmm... ok, now I'm the one to be confuzzled by someone's post.

What exactly is Tinker dealing with? Hmm...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:13 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Hmm... ok, now I'm the one to be confuzzled by someone's post.

What exactly is Tinker dealing with? Hmm...

A metaphorical representation of whatever is blocking his Reading.
Also, I felt like putting forward a theory... think about it: Andrew is a Reality Warper. It would follow that some things he would warp unconsciously (Harui, anyone?). In any case, he's been seen to make things 'real' before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:21 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Also, I felt like putting forward a theory... think about it: Andrew is a Reality Warper. It would follow that some things he would warp unconsciously (Haruhi, anyone?). In any case, he's been seen to make things 'real' before...

I see what you're getting at...

*Shrugs* It's possible. I've never been particularly interested in explaining exactly how David managed to still be as human as he is, given his peculiar mental state. The closest I've gotten is an offhand referenced from the Arm talking about how mad science doesn't have to rely on the possible.

In David's case, the reason he's still able to walk and talk is because his manifestation of Madness takes the place of a sane, stable working mind. I've said it before: If a human is 100%, and a Mad scientist is 200% (Mathematically impossible, which might be a metaphor for how unstable they are) David is something along the lines of 101% to 104%

And can I say something? God, I've missed Amino. The game's not the same without her.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:47 pm 

Heh, I just thought it was interesting... ever notice how all his creations are sentient? Not that I lay the whole thing at Andrew's feet, but he at least stabilized the (insert unknown process here) a little. Maybe. :D

And I agree. Amino is the 300% we all aspire to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:55 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

*dramatically lurches out of the ground, zombie style*

I live...!

Wait- parallel fantasy worlds? Nerf death traps and shocking backstories?! Increasingly corrupted Jane Narbon?! Spilled coffee?!

*dies again*

*rezzes*

Oooh, a rusty armor-plated bush! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Heh, I just thought it was interesting... ever notice how all his creations are sentient? Not that I lay the whole thing at Andrew's feet, but he at least stabilized the (insert unknown process here) a little. Maybe. :D

And I agree. Amino is the 300% we all aspire to.

She is indeed. And as for the whole thing... well, I'll say this much: David's first experiences with Jane, SiB, That Guy, Frederic, and ESPECIALLY Andrew Tinker pretty much defined how he turned out. So Andrew gave him focus if nothing else.

And he probably contributed quite a bit to David being more alive, especially at first. Although.... isn't that the sort of thing that Andrew shot himself in the hand for back when he was facing Mister?

JanetTor wrote:
*dramatically lurches out of the ground, zombie style*

I live...!

Wait- parallel fantasy worlds? Nerf death traps and shocking backstories?! Increasingly corrupted Jane Narbon?! Spilled coffee?!

*dies again*

*rezzes*

Oooh, a rusty armor-plated bush! ^^

Bah, you're welcome to the Luxury Mobile Attack Bush. Ever since Chic rusted the armor plating off of it, the locomotive action is all bumpy and lumpy, and the hot tub bubbles with rust-saturated water. Not to mention it's driving my premiums way up on that thing...

And I'm now taking bets on who the NEXT member of the cast Crazy Fantasy Chic will encounter will be...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:38 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Although.... isn't that the sort of thing that Andrew shot himself in the hand for back when he was facing Mister?

Oh, you have no idea how hard he tries to ignore these things... and if it's *positive*, he can cope... mostly in the way all Mads do with meddling in the Lands Where man Must No Tread: By- heylookithat! *runs off*
Although, on that note, if you ever wondere why his hair never gets messed up... *cough cough*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:26 am 

[quote="Professor Zobot"

And I'm now taking bets on who the NEXT member of the cast Crazy Fantasy Chic will encounter will be...[/quote]

I'll top that-pm me your best guess-one guess only-as to what's going with Chic. Anybody nails it on the head, I'll write ya something. I don't really feel confident enough to do a story with your characters, so-hmmm...
Haiku, limerick, theme song? Something else? You decide what you want, and I'll give it a shot.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:56 am 

Aw, darn. I guess I'm exempt from this contest, unfortunately.

*pouts* Ah well... I'll just going back to furthering our mysterious little plot.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:07 pm 

Heh heh heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:32 pm 

Wait, why are YOU doing the ominous laugh? You've done nothing ominous laugh-worthy!

...have you?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:46 pm 

Annnd-I've already started getting some guesses! But I'm not tellin' just yet.
Yeah, I've having fun. :D

And Zobot said"Aw, darn. I guess I'm exempt from this contest, unfortunately.

*pouts* Ah well... I'll just going back to furthering our mysterious little plot."

Okay, okay-since it was your idea and all-pm me. Can't have you pouting.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:24 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Wait, why are YOU doing the ominous laugh? You've done nothing ominous laugh-worthy!

...have you?

Who, me? pshaw, I *never* do anything sneaky. I'm the *nice* one, remember? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:21 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
A vial, very very small made out of glass, filled with a sparkling liquid.
Pure Truth.

"... bottoms up."

YOU FOOL! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE USED AS A BALM!

Ok, seriously... crap. I didn't expect someone else to wield the powers of continuity...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:28 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Ok, seriously... crap. I didn't expect someone else to wield the powers of continuity...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA! Are you *kidding* every thing that can be useful to me later, I remember. :twisted:
You may have your throne of Angst... but I wield the Rod of Plot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:54 pm 

Well, at least Andrew hasn't noticed the dangling thread of plot hidden in his living room left over from when David was flung forward in time...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:10 pm 

Professor Tinker wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA! Are you *kidding* every thing that can be useful to me later, I remember. Twisted Evil

I wield the Warhammer of Foreshadowing. One second you notice this small detail and *Blam*-You've been hammered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:12 pm 

Incidentally, just so people are aware, the Reaver of Guy was totally That Guy's cameo in our little tale. And the taker of Young David's life!

It's anyone's guess if it'll show back up again or not.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:33 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Well, at least Andrew hasn't noticed the dangling thread of plot hidden in his living room left over from when David was flung forward in time...

Heh heh heh. When i need it....

That Guy wrote:
Professor Tinker wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA! Are you *kidding* every thing that can be useful to me later, I remember. Twisted Evil

I wield the Warhammer of Foreshadowing. One second you notice this small detail and *Blam*-You've been hammered.

Oh, yeah. The hammer, she wields a ponch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:41 pm 

...darn it. Now I want to see what War looks like! We need an influx of adjectives and nouns, stat!

Oh, and I kinda want to know what will result of Andrew Tinker drinking the tiny bottle of quintessential truth. This has the potential to be very good or very bad...or b-o-t-h.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:52 pm 

An infux of adjectives and nouns?
Now I'm thinking of Mad mad libs...

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:28 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Oh, and I kinda want to know what will result of Andrew Tinker drinking the tiny bottle of quintessential truth. This has the potential to be very good or very bad...or b-o-t-h.

very well. XD
Edit: Happy now? No Matrix jokes, you hear?
EditEdit: Yes, that means all the MC hear Andrew laughing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:41 am 
Hyperkeeper

Andrew Tinker is now In a Coma. He's out of it until further notice.

As a side note, it looks as if whatever he's discovered, it's something big. Something powerful enough to surprise him completely and utterly.

H m m m ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:55 am 
Heh heh heh.

It could just be me, but I think the tone of JN's internal monologue has changed a bit since the Corruption took hold.

...heh....heh....heh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:11 am 

Oh...dear... this looks very bad for everyone involved.

I mean, think of the CALORIES Wally's going to be gaining from all those pies! And if Dr. Amino doesn't enter the contest herself, how will people remember that she is to be feared in pie-eating circles?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:56 am 

EEK! Maybe Chic'll stay wherever the heck she is-the Lords Tinker can't be as fearsome as what's waiting in Xyon city.
And Tinker in a coma, and Saysake gone? And Thad gone? Fredric's going to panic. I suppose he can always call his Auntie-oh, wait...
Heh.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 am 

That is, IF Chic is the same Lady Viktor that's dealing with the evil Lords Tinker right now.

...I'm embarrassed to say that MY evil plan didn't get even CLOSE to fragmenting the cast this much.

*Sighs* I guess I'm still learning how to write for evil characters.

Hey, wait... when you consider it, how much HAS Bluelight done, anyway? They kidnapped Desius, and did SOMETHING to Tinker and Jane, but that's pretty much it, isn't it?

-That Guy wandered off on his own.
-Sayasuke followed him.
-Chic got tko'd by Michael.
-Xerox hasn't been touched, period.
-Frederic's currently hanging out with Michael, neither of which have had any trouble yet.
-Wally and Amino haven't been krutz'd with at all yet.
-David's just had to deal with some annoying magical girls.

Bluelight doesn't necessarily seem so dangerous... well, yet anyway.

[/foolishlybaitingthetraphesgonnastepinaminutelater]

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:28 am 

Wally hasn't been messed with yet? Box monsters, anyone? And after taking enough damage to look like a mummy afterwards, he has to go have wacky adventures with Amino?
But yeah, our Characters sure aren't connecting any dots yet.
And why should they? No one's seen Jane recently(except for the transmogrified David, and Claire). And Claire expects her to be evil.
Des got kidnaped by yutzs, and freed.
And Andrew's all alone...
Except for asking Xerox to line her up with a job, I think Jane's played things pretty close to her chest.
So, yeah, WE'RE freaking out-but our characters may not have much of a clue yet.
The saps.
This gets more interesting all the time...

C Valente

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next