Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:56 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Zobot wrote:
-That Guy wandered off on his own.

I object to the exact phrasing of that statement. Thad was innocently walking through a bleak and mysteriously quiet neighborhood when beetles of darkness attacked him. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:15 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Huh. Well... Andrew out, then. But he walks away with KNOWLEDGE!
For one ting, he knows Janes original hair color! Wheee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:25 pm 

Happy Halloween, all!
Maybe we should go tp Andrew's house while he's in a coma? Scribble on his face? Heh. Joking, Tinker.
And I can so see Mecha handing (vining?) out candy to trick or treaters, while the party's on.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:09 pm 

Hee! The GRUES handing out treats.... oh, dear.
Happy holloween!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:09 pm 

Hee! The GRUES handing out treats.... oh, dear.
Happy Halloween! I went as an Emergency Pirate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:11 pm 

I like the interaction between Frederic and Michael. For some reason I find it immensely humerous that Michael keeps underestimating Frederic, while at the same time I like that Frederic's not obviously the superior being of the pair. He wasn't expecting the stinging bomb during the party, and Michael's been able to take him by surprise more than once by now.

It's a fun dynamic. I keep having to come up with new ways for Michael to underestimate Frederic, though, since he's smart enough to learn from his mistakes. (Kinda.)

And can anyone else see Andrew Tinker anthropomorphizing his troops in 4-dimensional scrabble?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:13 pm 

Happy Halloween!

(I went as 2-D from Gorillaz. I could blame Tinker (Freddy's costume), but really, I've been watching the "Clint Eastwood" music video at least twice a day since September. >.> )

Hee! Claire and Sarcastic are awesome together. Tutelage is out of the question, but friendship seems to be working out well. I can imagine them tp'ing Tinker's house. If Sarcastic wasn't in enough trouble for skipping class, that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:25 pm 
Hyperkeeper

My question is, Where did Sarcastic learn pickpocket skills?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:30 pm 

Isn't it obvious?

In her last level of commoner, she put a few skill points into Slight of Hand, so of course she can pick pockets.

Heh, I kid, I kid. If you want the real reason, I'll tell you...

later. I need sleep, and while I already know, it'd take a bit to type out.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:03 am 

JanetTor wrote:
can imagine them tp'ing Tinker's house. If Sarcastic wasn't in enough trouble for skipping class, that is.

Why HIS house?! Othe rpeople have houses, you know. XP

Professor Zobot wrote:
It's a fun dynamic. I keep having to come up with new ways for Michael to underestimate Frederic, though, since he's smart enough to learn from his mistakes. (Kinda.)

And can anyone else see Andrew Tinker anthropomorphizing his troops in 4-dimensional scrabble?

I agree- in a year or two, they'll be bickering like an old married couple, you can tell.

*snerk* I can see it too- but we may never know. After that last thought, his mind has been paused. Oh, well..
...AUGH!! Dammit, I'm down to Fredric. At this rate, i am fully planning on doing something stupid and cray-zay just to break things the @#$!! up a bit. </empty threats>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:59 am 
Heh heh heh.

I kind of feel sorry for David Toboz. Of course, JN doesn't feel sorry at all.

Will David Toboz find the map? Will he enjoy his 'guided tour'? Can he make it out alive?

All this and more, next on The Mad Scientist Wars!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:08 pm 

This is bad, right?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:15 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Yes, I'd say it most likely is.

What I want to know [aside from the whole Sarcastic/pickpocket thing] is, what is it of Jane that possessed her to put in a decoy lab as part of her security system? Is she Ma-- oh, right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:26 pm 

On the Sarcastic pickpocket thing:

Her life is more or less a matter of public record, aside from the incident where [CLASSIFIED] made a [CLASSIFIED] which threatened to kill her. This culimated in 'M' Agent [CLASSIFIED] [CLASSIFIED]ing the [CLASSIFIED] and saving the entire NPC family from a fate worse than [CLASSIFIED].

Anyway, we've already seen some hints that Sarcastic's not necessarily as moral as you'd expect a sidekick to be. She manipulated David into allowing her to join up with him, and was able to sneak up on a mad Mathematician in order to free David. She's also apparently willing to ditch class when it suits her. So while not Evil, she's certainly not an angel.

Close friends of her know that Sarcastic went through a rather rebellious phase during her early teenage years, involving several acts of juvenile delinquency: Mostly involving shoplifting and pickpocketing. Several criminal infractions resulted, which have been cleared off her record after she turned 18. So she has SOME experience. It's not that she particularly NEEDED money, but as it's been established, she is a bit of a thrill seeker. People have, on occasion, stolen for the excitement for it.

EDIT: Of course, knowing all this, it begs the question: Why is she so gung-ho about becoming a good guy's side kick now?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:31 pm 

Ow... WAY too many characters to juggle.

My poor carpel-tunnel'd hands... :(

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:49 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Ow... WAY too many characters to juggle.

My poor carpel-tunnel'd hands... :(

Now you know how *I* feel. Oy.... and thats without the Time Travel- ah, never mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:45 pm 

Hmm... well, in defense of my most recent post:

David's more or less been getting into trouble since he woke up in the ruined remains of his former lab. He's been kidnapped by spies, drugged by Jane Narbon, attacked by monsters, drugged by Jane Narbon, hit in the head by a baseball-bat wielding Katty Risk, thrown into a game where he dies twice and lost at least 3 pints of blood, mind control'd, manipulated by an evil arm, turned into a fox, turned into a foxish creature, drawn into pictures by Lady Drezebel, drugged by Jane Narbon, and had his consciousness erased from existence temporarily. Plus he got turned into a girl, and a magical girl twice.

I figure he deserves 1 break. Just one. He doesn't get another.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:02 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
I figure he deserves 1 break. Just one. He doesn't get another.

Don;t forget his Love interest is in a Coma until basically the end of this Arc, JUST after David realized he likes him... he definitely deserves a break.

And by the way: The M Database is just that. Every report, every mission, every record and scrap of knowledge M has collected since the day of it's founding- 19Xx ('Xx'<75)- in one digital, accessible, user-friendly database. Xerox spent 256 days putting it together, and often uses it as leverage in budget negotiations.
And now Micheal has access to it.

heh heh heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:07 pm 

I'm reminded of a line from the cheesy(but fun!) Flash Gordon movie.
"Impetous Lad! Ah, well, who wants to live forever?"

What on earth is Fredric thinking?!
Has the parsley gone to his brain? Kids, this is a public service announcement-don't sniff parsley before consorting with villains. Nothing good will come of it.

Better hope Xerox doesn't find out...:D

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:00 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
I'm reminded of a line from the cheesy(but fun!) Flash Gordon movie.
"Impetous Lad! Ah, well, who wants to live forever?"

Funny, I've always thought Fredric was right out of Flash Gordon...
chicgeek wrote:
What on earth is Fredric thinking?!
Has the parsley gone to his brain? Kids, this is a public service announcement-don't sniff parsley before consorting with villains. Nothing good will come of it.

Heh. 'Parsley fever'. But seriously, he kind of knows what he;s doing... but then now, he grew *up* with M, to him it's normal. His baseline of normality, for that matter, is... skewed.
chicgeek wrote:
Better hope Xerox doesn't find out...:D

.... I think he'd be forced to either Kill Micheal, or press gang him into M, actually. That, or just yell at Fredric for a while and then go and have a headache. Or both.
Hmm.... actually. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:48 pm 

Just letting you guys know I might not be around as much this month. I'm trying NaNoWriMo again this year, so MSW is my daily reward for awhile. And I didn't make my word quota today. ;_; I'm already cheating... Agh.

*dives into rusted bush* *head pops out, wearing blinders*

What? Oh - carry on, carry on.

*ducks*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:07 pm 

JanetTor wrote:
Just letting you guys know I might not be around as much this month. I'm trying NaNoWriMo again this year, so MSW is my daily reward for awhile. And I didn't make my word quota today. ;_; I'm already cheating... Agh.

Hey, good luck! Send me your work, okay? I want to read it.
*grabs cheerleader pom=poms- Go Janet-tor! Go! Go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:14 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Seconded. It'll be interesting to see what you write!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:31 am 

Thirded. I always liked the idea of NaNoWriMo.

I'd be competing this year if it weren't for school. I have entirely too much work to do to ever be able to get the contest done.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:48 am 

Yea, Janet! Rah Rah Rah! And congrats for having the fortitude to put work first. You've got more willpower than I do! (I'm tempted to cut and paste the Transpolygnostic University Fight Song here)

And Tinker? When do we get to see Xerox go mad? Call me evil, but I can see him losing his precarious grip on sanity....over something trivial....when we're in the midst of bluelight....
Heh.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:02 am 
Heh heh heh.

Well! 60%! Jane's really hitting the slide now...

In case it's not obvious, most of the traps in the decoy lab aren't fatal (at least, not immediately.)

"Jill Danderby" is a character of the webcomic Darken. She is evil. She's also rich-- she's been married several times and all of her husbands died under mysterious circumstances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:54 am 
Hyperkeeper

Oh dear. I'm not sure I like how this is going...

BTW: I've posted a little something in the Tales. Just wrote it when I was feeling silly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:21 am 

I like it. Very fun, SiB.
Y'know, I imagine it'd be interesting to be raised in a mad scientist home.
Exploding easter eggs. Piling into the death-station wagon for a family vacation to mad historical sites."Okay kids! Everyone line up in front of the reactor-we need another shot for the scrapbook. Then radioactive sundaes for the whole family-what'dya say?"
"But Daaad! You're embarassing me!"
"Mommm! Timmy's getting his mutagens on my side of the seat!"
"You kids settle down right now before I turn around and fly this car back home!"

And the foolhardy young man who asks the sweet young thing he just meet out on a date-well, we all know the old cliche of daddy cleaning the rifle to intimidte the boy taking out his little princess.
Heh.
It's fun to be silly.
Now, if you will excuse me, I need to reread my Calvin and Hobbes.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:34 am 
Heh heh heh.

Just discovered: The most powerful mental weapon this world has to offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:48 pm 

chicgeek wrote:
And Tinker? When do we get to see Xerox go mad? Call me evil, but I can see him losing his precarious grip on sanity....over something trivial....when we're in the midst of bluelight....
Heh.

Weeeell, that is a tough one, my dear. See, Xerox's madness is something that could be set off , under easily manipulable conditions. Only they're very specific.
Condition One: Xerox is, for some reason, unable to take his full twice-daily dose of the Cure for 24 hours. OR he becomes resistant to his *current* dose and he doesn't notice for more than say, three days.
Condition B: A specific phrase- or even just a specific word is said.

Just going off his Meds isn't enough- at least the *word* must be said. One hint: It has to trigger the realization that originally drove him Mad.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next