Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:17 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Aw, Michael's so cute when he rants. :D

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:20 pm 

Michael: *Emits a noise somewhat similar in tone to a mix between a growl and a snarl, and prepares to speak again.*

Lady Drezebel: *Puts a hand on his shoulder* Just let it go, dear. Trust me on this one.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:56 pm 

Claire: EEEEE!!! Angry ranting Mad! *tackle-hugs Michael*

*Putting my head in my hands* Because I thought it would be fun to have a character without self-preservation. I thought it would be more entertaining to have someone without any common sense.

Don't zap her, Michael. It'll only encourage her.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:33 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Michael: *Emits a noise somewhat similar in tone to a mix between a growl and a snarl, and prepares to speak again.*

Nyawww... he's gonna rip someone's face off! He's like a ferret!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:38 pm 

Ferrets are cute....
Hee! it's fun to tease angsty teenager mads!
And Chic had the growl/snarl down pat first, buddy boy. Besides, don't knock the cuteness-it means people are underestimating you. Which can be fun... :twisted:

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:00 pm 

Professor_Tinker wrote:

Poor Michael... he's so used to being able to intimidate people to get his way, and that just won't work here. Everyone just thinks it's adorable when he gets angry.

Spam Poison. I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:14 pm 

Claire wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:

Poor Michael... he's so used to being able to intimidate people to get his way, and that just won't work here. Everyone just thinks it's adorable when he gets angry.

He's just more cute than scary... can;t be helped.

Hmm... Micheal a ferret, huh? This begs for shenanigans...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:21 am 

Professor_Tinker wrote:
Claire wrote:
Professor_Tinker wrote:

He's just more cute than scary... can;t be helped.

Hmm... Micheal a ferret, huh? This begs for shenanigans...

Michael: NO! No it does not! This is a universe sans shenanigans!

David: Haven't you realized by now that you're only making it worse for yourself, kid? The last time I tried to get taken seriously I spent like 5 days trapped as a fox.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:05 am 
Heh heh heh.

chicgeek wrote:
Besides, don't knock the cuteness-it means people are underestimating you. Which can be fun... :twisted:

Hmm... should try that sometime. Corrupted JN = scary; Cute Corrupted JN = unstoppable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:19 am 

I'm not entirely sure Jane Narbon's special blend of 11 terrifying herbs and spices can be properly mixed with cute... At least not the sort of cute that lets her get away with things. When people are frightened of something, they generally tend to overestimate it rather than underestimate it.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:33 am 

Heh. Sorry, Jane-you're the femme fatale, remember? Chic has the cute down to a (mad) science-even jaeger-fied. She can giggle quite adorably before she rips your arm off and beats you to death with it.

....What?....

:D

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:11 am 
Heh heh heh.

Hmmm... yeah, you're right. Jane is more the sort who will steal your mind while you're distracted by her body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:09 pm 

Imagine the two of them working as a team!

...Oh wait...

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:59 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Be careful what you wish for, my friend... be careful what you wish for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:24 pm 

I TAKE IT BACK! I TAKE IT ALL BACK! I'VE NEVER SAID ANYTHING IN MY LIFE!

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:30 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Too late. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:59 pm 

Heh...heh...heh... :twisted:

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:24 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

Michael do you realize the fact that your behavior can be percieved as amusing to the people who created the characters, though I would think that for most of the poster's that the characters might take on a life of their own.

[Note: I am aware of the fact that I am addressing a fictional character. I am not that out of touch with reality yet.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:32 pm 

blazerflarey wrote:
Michael do you realize the fact that your behavior can be percieved as amusing to the people who created the characters, though I would think that for most of the poster's that the characters might take on a life of their own.

[Note: I am aware of the fact that I am addressing a fictional character. I am not that out of touch with reality yet.]

Alright, here's a response...

Michael: Mmm hmm hmm hmm... do YOU realize the easiest way to prevent oneself from getting written out of the story is to endear yourself to a bunch of sentimental writers as an interesting character? In short, while I certainly do not wish to be construed as "cute" I can tolerate it in the hopes that I may be able to convince the powers that be that I might get to live beyond what's coming up. It's the same sort of logic that kept Sayasuke from staying dead, I would presume.

Ok, that's enough outta Michael for the moment. Actually, though... that's a pretty interesting concept... Characters answering questions from the writers. If anyone has any questions they'd like any of my characters to answer, PM me a list of questions, and I'll see what they have to say.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:31 pm 

Here i am, checking the forum innocent...and I find Zobot giving ideas to those two. I'll be in my tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:34 pm 

I didn't mean to! It just slipped out! I was young and foolish!

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:38 pm 

Oh, we don't need Zobot to give us ideas....

Giggle.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:57 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
I didn't mean to! It just slipped out! I was young and foolish!

Bah! Just don;t do it again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:39 pm 
Heh heh heh.

Quote:
Oh, we don't need Zobot to give us ideas....

We've already got plenty of nice, fun ideas for you to try!

(holds out an empty hand) Are you coming? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:39 pm 

Umm...I think I'll just catch up later, once the smoke's cleared, ok?

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:14 am 

Egads, all the posting. That'll teach me to go to bed before midnight-what was I thinking?
Guess I need to start wrapping up Lady Viktor's adventures before Xerox finds Chic. Hopefully, he won't be the first one she runs across(insert heh heh heh here).
BTW-SiB nailed it. SiB, you'll get your writing as soon as I break through some writer's block. Andrew-you came pretty close, I'll pm you-no comments here, please, either of you, until Chic is-well, you'll see.
Now, off to the Grand Prix before I have to go to work this afternoon. Wheee!

Edit-Oh, I'm going to have fun posting in the wars tonight...

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:06 am 

Bleh... this sucks. Tonight is NOT gonna be fun for me. I have to spend most of my time studying for an Optics test tomorrow that I pretty much need an A on. I hate Optics. It's evil and sinister and vile and HARD.

So unfortuantely I may not be very active tonight. I'm sorry.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:39 pm 
Hyperkeeper

And the heavy hand of blueLight makes itself known once more...

Claire has been captured-- she'll be well out of it for a while. Can JN survive as her network of friends dwindles slowly to nothing? Will the Corruption in her head overcome her?

Will blueLight be relieved of the one obstacle standing in its way?

Find out, in THE MAD SCIENTIST WARS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:48 pm 

*blinks*

Two different emotions are fighting for control of my brain... one is a sense of impending dread as Bluelight makes more moves and slowly turns more and more sinister.

The other is a sense of pride as I realize that Chic and I have created a monster.

Whoo... I don't honestly know which will win! I don't know if I should be smugly smirking or cowering in fear in the remains of my awesome bush.

*puts a hand on his head*

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:47 pm 

There's room in my tree, if you;d like. And creating monsters is Fun!

By the way, a quick note: In Shinto, a 'God' is often a term for any spirit of sufficient power- I recommend watching Princess Mononoke for a good idea of how this works.
In Sayas case, he was given a shrine, called 'god', and was prayed to. In return, he took care of the village- effectively doing the *work* of a god. Ergo, he *is* a god, if a minor one.
Equally interesting is that many of his powers he has because his people decided he had them. Go figure.
For instance: he broke a drought. He achieved it by running in the air to generate wind to bring clouds, and then slicing* the clouds open, making it rain. Afterward, the villagers believed he could make it rain- so now he can.
Edit: Er, he can;t call down storms or anything, though. Just make it rain- light drizzle to moderate downpour. And it's not terribly useful, so...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next