Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:01 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

[quote="chicgeek"]W
And if I may make a suggestion, have you considered mechanical additions to your own creations? Not that they aren't already quite capable, I hasten to assure you. But it's such fun to...accessorize.

(for this remark,she's turned her head back toward Prof.tinker. I foolishly forgot Lagos was a cyborg-rabbit.)

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:58 pm 

Oh, no, Miss Desius. All of my pets are quite kind with each other. Some of the Grues wander about, Fluffy stays with me, Cheshire stays in the house, and I keep a menagerie for the rest.

I'm Afraid I'm no good with technology, at least not moreso than any regular human. Beyond what I need for my projects, I'm at a loss.
Besides, biological components are a bit more elegant to my eye.
*sips the coffee*
Actually, i find it quite refreshing. My Caffeine tolerance is astoundingly high.

i believe everyone here knows me by now. . . my littlew feud with So It Begins puts me in the papers now and then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:25 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

I thought that might be true. Wally seems to need a back and forth, so that's what I give him. That, and he finds it amusing to be mildly insulted. Who know the ways of men?

*Thoughtfully chewing on some lilacs*

I'm glad to hear that he was able to save you from that fate. As for me, Wally went mad at a young age. I was his pet before that, and a year after it had happened I was diagnosed with diabetes. He tried to save me, and in true mad scientest fashion succeded, and then some. Ever since then we've been improving and modifying what we can and when we need to. Some times I miss the times before he went down that path, but it's been fun for the most part. I suppose it's fitting that we both went mad.

*Wally leans over towards chicgeek*

It certainly is an interesting idea. I mean, you'd need to have a boiler in a backpack, but a steampowered arm would certainly provide some advantages over normal ones. One's fine motor control might suffer, but the strength compensation would be tremendous. Addtionally, in order to contain the pressure from the boiler, the arm would have to be made of high density material. The biggest difficulty would be making sure that the espresso and missle steamlines don't get mixed. A little radiation is a good thing, too much and you get that third arm that isn't useful.

*Waving excitedly with both hands, a robotic arm grabs the cup and gives him a sip*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:41 pm 

Wow, yours went mad that young? Dad talks to me a lot about what happened to him- he was a teenager, I think. Really sad- his dad died, and some bullys made fun of him and brought up his dad- kaboom.

*Fluffy shakes his head and alights on the ground, folding up his wings*
But wait- you went mad too? I didn't know Lops could do that.
. . . I'm not smart enough to. i mean, for a Lop, sure. But mostly I'm a pretty regular Assistant. I listen to him, comfort him when he gets sad, provide tactical support, find stuff for him, lift things- and sometimes I get to ruin Jane Narbons coat! Hee hee!
*pauses, tilting his head* Oh, by the way, you c'n call me Fredric, if you like mate. 'S my real name, just Dad thinks it keeps people more off guard if I''m called 'fluffy'.

*Andrew scoffs softly, rolling his eyes*
Yes, but you forget that the boiler would put tremendous pressure on the base of the arm. My father always swore by clockwork for leverage. And being a mad Physicist he *really* knew leverage.
*looks around*
Say, Fluffy and Lagos have been gone quite a bit, haven't they? I wonder if they're making friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:18 am 

I-I-I s-shall ch-check on them, sir. Though I-I-I do believe, they should be all r-r-r-right in the garden, only a few predators there, most of them have been f-f-feed recently. W-w-w-we seem to go through busb-b-boys very quickly here. I did however f-find some lovely redwood bookends that wouldn't b-be mssed.
Oh, I do apolog-g-gize for any stray voltage, and m-must compliment Miss Chic, on her c-c-c-coffee.
Ref-fills will be up sh-shortly.

If I may ask a-a-a personal q-question, a *ahem* few of the younger busboys have twisted my arm so to speak, and wish to ask you on your preferences on henchmen. Do you use them? How do you view them in the grand scheme of mad science? Do you find them useful?
Are you hiring?
*ahem* I do apologize for them, they can be so eager to advance in their chosen fields. I.. well look at me rambling like I have all the time in the world. Busy, busy. Let me get those refills. Excuse me sirs and ma'm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:49 pm 

Oh, I didn't mean Mad Mad, just a little mad. I think it has to do with the fact that he used his DNA for some of the modifications. That, and the stress of sudden sapience made me go a little koo-koo. The larger body mass may have also come up in the calculations. Doesn't matter too often, but there it is. I think he probably would have been more careful had he been older, but that's in the past now. And yes, it was that young. We're not sure why, but it seems his Madness was on a hair trigger. It usually takes large pressure building up, but he cracked at the first sign of stress.

Alright Frederic, I think I can call you that. Your professor's lucky to have you around. Sometimes they need another mad to bounce off of, but more often than not, they need a stable place to stand when their head crumbles. Oh, and one more thing, did you really get to eat Narbon's coat? How'd it taste?

*Wally turns towards the Professor*

Of course it would, but with the proper compensators you could change that energy into something useful, like that espresso chicgeek was talking about. And now that you mention it, I do believe Lagos has been gone for a bit much. I think you're probably right, and Lagos just didn't want to with me around. I guess it's just a girl thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:32 pm 

heh heh heh. Yeah. *fondly remembering*
Jane Narbon's coat is delicious. I dunno what it's made of, but I could eat her coat any day of the week!
Besides I don't like her much. She gave dad soooo much trouble! And he's really a good guy. . . I mean, he's a Mad Scientist, but he's really nice.
I mean, he always saves people if they need it, even if they;re mean to him! And a bigger rabbit woulda been better for a test subject, but he chose me 'cause I needed help! An' *his* dad was a *hero*-
*sudden look of horror* Oh, oh bloody hell! I-I'm not supposed to talk about that. . .

*smiles at wally* Ah, yeas that would- *blinks*
Girl? Hmm. Actually Fluffy is a boy. . . Oh, well. No matter. I would suspect that Lagos and Fluffy are simply talking. I'm sure that as the only two intelligent modified Lapins they have a lot in common.
*sips his tea-coffee, nodding at Desius*
I already have a henchmen, the incomparable Thaddeus Guy, as it happens. Not to mention Fredric- that's Fluffy - helps me as well.
I wouldn't mind gaining an assistant proper, however, someone young who knows Mad Science. . . *glances at Wally*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:09 pm 

Ohhh. That explains a lot. Don't worry, I won't share it around. I understand that everybody has somethings they just don't want to talk about. Don't spread it around, but Wally tried to be a good genius for awhile. It didn't work out, but he still has friends in there. Anyways, I hope I get to eat someones coat soon. He doesn't let me fight too often, but I think he's just being over protective. With the measures he's got in place, I could survive a mild nuclear blast. I hope I don't have to, but the option's there.

*Wally finally hears desius's question*

I don't have need of a henchmen right now, I'm just starting to establish myself. *obliviously* I would love to assist a real mad scientist if I could, it seems like it could be fun.

*Turning back to Professor*

Yes, she is a girl. I've been around her so long, that I sometimes forget that it's not as obvious as it could be. I do think they have quite a bit in common, and are probably gossiping about our worst experiments as we speak. Yep, I'm sure they are having a great time right about now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:38 pm 

Fighting is fun! No-one ever expects the rabbit to be a threat, and the look of surprise on their face is priceless. I don't know if I'd survive a nuclear attack, but I have a healing factor that lets me pull through most anything. Dad calls me his little wolverine, sometimes. heh.
. . . yeah, Dad has some Good friends too, mostly people who worked with his Dad.
One of them is a really nice an' smart, and he can turn into a gerbil!

Hee hee hee . . . if that were true, we'd be hearing the laughter from all the way in here. When my experiments go bad, they go *bad*. Or should I say, they go *cute*. Think a godzilla mutagine that just turns something rainbow-colored instead.
Really? You know, I've often thought about acquiring a student. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:15 pm 

Yeah, although they do get a little suspicious when you get up to my size, but there's always that moment of surprise when the "herbivore" attacks. I wonder if we have any acquaintances in common?

I can just see that happening. Of course, cyberarms controlled by a rogue AI splinter of your personality brings a new meaning to the phrase "Stop hitting yourself."

I would enjoy working with you, if you've got the space in your lab. I can see some interesting ideas to work on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:28 pm 

"Bah! Henchmen... you offer them a good job and they turn up their noses at it." *shoots a cold glare at That Guy* "If I need an assistant, I can always probably build one."

"Still, I would admit that there are some perks to having other humans around. I'd be hiring, Desius, but at the moment my marbles are a bit more cracked than usual outside the lounge. You should look into So It Begins or perhaps Miss Narbon, though. They might be hiring. Or one of the more recent mad scientists around here. I don't really know many of them."

"Incidentally, if someone doesn't get me my Gin and Tonic rather quickly, I'm going to start modifying waiters into subservient cyborg-men without utilizing any painkillers for the invasive surgeries. Well?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 pm 

"I must apologize for the oversight, sir. Such oversight shames our fine establishment. I wish to extend the house's most sincere apologies to... Ahh, yes, here are the busboys with your gin and tonic. Late, as usual when I can't personally bring someone their drinks."
Des glares a look of death at the busboys and the other waiters moving unnoticed, silently refilling the drinks.
"You," snaps Des under his breath while Professor Zobot sips his drink, motioning at one of the busboys. "Go check up on our lapine guests. Let's not have another incident, shall we?"
"I'm dreadfully sorry once more Professor. I take full blame, I should have followed more closely to what was happening. As always, I stand ready for your displeasure, sir. Would you prefer our standard punishments, or would you like to improvise."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:31 pm 

"Hmmph." The Professor reaches into the pocket of his lab coat and removes a small, oddly shaped raygun which he hands to Desius. "Just shoot one or two of the other waiters with this and I'll be appeased. I forget EXACTLY what it does, but I seem to recall that it does something to the extent of a transmogrification." He takes a sip of his drink and smiles. "And do remember to return it when you're done, Desius. I'd hate for your manager to have to find someone new to fill your position."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 pm 

*Lagos looks up at the scared looking busboy*

Well, we seem to have company. You can put that redwood anywhere. I assure you, we're having a wonderful time. Yes, yes, I'll let you know if we need anything. Now, will you please leave us in peace?

Frederic, would you like some of this redwood furniture? I know it's not your typical diet, but it might make a good treat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:22 pm 

*Takes another sip of his drink and looks back over to his fellow mads* "I did not mean any form of offense, Professor Tinker. I simply meant that if I had to face one of your monstrous creations, I'd rather be up against a GRUE than Fluffy or even *shudders* that Cheshire cat of yours." He puts his cup down on the table. "At least a GRUE you can blast, or have a nice conversation with before it eats you. But I'd imagine that darn cat of yours would be hard to destroy. Every time you'd try to blast it, it'd just become a grin without a cat to avoid your carefully aimed missiles..." *clenches a fist and frowns* "Err...not that I've TRIED to attack any of your creatures, mind." *Grins sheepishly*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:28 pm 

"Oh, I rather like the idea of clockwork myself-you can do suprisingly complex things with it. Let's see, small enough to carry in a lab coat, wings, lots of little legs for scuttling about, a robotic brain, infared/UV sensors, radio-" I casually reach into my pocket and pull out a shiny brass creature and place it on my shoulder. "Something like this, for example."
The creature is about the size of a sparrow, and looks like a mulitlegged dragonfly. "Take this glass back to the bar, and return" I tell it nonchalatley. It silently zips away with my empty pan galactic gargle blaster, and returns to my shoulder." Not on a par with your creatures,Professor Tinker, but a useful toy nevertheless. They're quite fun to make."
I cooly pour myself some of my special blend, and take a sip.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:47 pm 

Fascinating creature there. I can see quite a few times it'll be useful for scouting or more. I wonder, do you have to wind it? If so, I've got an idea for an improvement of it's range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:01 pm 

*munches on the redwood* Ey, not bad, not bad at all!
Heh, yeh I c'n see people getting wary of you, but I'm *tiny* Though, I guess I got a reputation now. . . . hee hee!
umm. . . . *thinks for a minute, shredding a chunk of redwood*
Well, there's all the Mads Da fights with, you know them probably. And the guy who turns into a gerbil, R-something. And then there's this nice lady who was Da's Dad's boss, she's in some part of the government. . . Oh, and sometimes Da has tea with Mr.Smith from the collage!

*sips drink and raised one eyebrow at Prof. Z*
He *is* rather devious, isn't he. But you haven't faced- excuse me, *considered*, his most potent offense. Remember, if you will, the original Cheshire cat. Madness, nearly distilled into form. . . . or, you know, something.
*grins cheerfully*

*turns back to Wallace* I'l see to arranging it once the events outside the Lounge calm down.
And that's why I prefer biological replacement parts, less chance of them going rouge . . . although, you couldn't believe what a few problems with unclean test tubes can do to ones day.

*goggles at the clockwork sparrow*
Aww, how cute! And very useful, as well.
I can do a stint of clockwork but, well. . . . I mean, a mechanical creation, it just doesn't have the same warmth to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:24 pm 

Hee hee, reputation is good. Did I tell you about that time I got fired through Dr. Amino's wall? I can't seem to remember how it turned out, but it was fun all around.

Hmm, I know I've heard of Mr Smith. Wally does keep in touch with this reporter he met while working with hamsters. What can I say, he was young and thought it was a good idea. The working with hamsters, not talking to the reporter. That I think was a good idea. He really needed someone to listen to him.

Ahh, yes, I figure it'll have to wait until certain pesky matters are taken care of. I have considered both, but I like the cybernetic simply for matters of feel. Of course, when an unclean test tube and a buggy AI get together, it's bad news all around. I hope nothing like that happens up here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:39 am 

You know, I'm hardly one to talk anymore, but I've never liked mixing organic and non-organic components together. The good thing about working with machines is that you get to build their minds completely from the ground up, and if they start to develop any of that pesky independence unwarranted, you can always take their minds apart and reprogram them. You can't do that with organic intelligences, and if you try to do it with cyborgs they always find some way to fight back.

*Pauses for a moment* Well, I suppose you CAN do it with organic intelligences, but it's really messy. I'd rather deal with chrome and silicon than flesh and blood, any day of the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:48 am 

I'll admit, it is easier to rebuild with a artificial, but I find that the combination gives rise to all sorts of strange happenings, and that's half the fun. I don't know what Lagos is going to do next, and the suspense is great. I suppose that's why I give her so much autonomy, probably more than is wise. Ahh, well, I'll keep it up if it kills me. Then I might be more cautious afterward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:15 pm 

"I find I must agree with professor Zobot. Oh, organics are best for companions and partners, no arguement there. But to build something to do whatever you want, with the intelligence level determined by you-to improve it whenever you take a whim-it's quite satisfying."

Turrns to Wallycaine-"It's self winding, actually."

"Professor Tinker, do you ever still dabble with clockwork? I'm glad you like my mechanical bird. Mad biology simply isn't my strong point. I've found normal pets simply don't hold up to a mad's lifestyle, so I have none, because I feel it would be cruel to try."

Hmm, Wallycaine and Tinker seemed to have hit it off. I wouldn't have minded working with Prof.Tinker myself-such a gentleman!-but he and Wallycaine do have the rabbits in common. Wally and I did have a tenuous alliance at one time-it'll be interesting to see how this new developement plays out.
Do I want to work with a more established mad? Or stay an established independant?

Maybe I just need a henchman. (gives Desius a considering look).

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:30 pm 

"I must say, Miss Chic, that I find your unique style of technology somewhat refreshing." I grin. "Granted, I'm not one to talk, but it seems like every mechanist under the sun aims for devices that look futuristic and "smooth". What can I say? It's a theme thing I've never claimed to understand. But after just looking at that bird-bot of yours, I think I've figured out the basics of how it works, and I can say that there's a fluid sort of elegance to it that I'm a bit jealous of."

I chuckle and finish my drink. "My only problem with clockwork is that I've always found it a bit less durable than the sort of materials I use when crafting my machines."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:42 pm 

This is just not my day, thought Des. In the space of an afternoon I've messed up an order, insulted a guest, and gotten a bit too personal. Not a good start, not at all.
Des calmly took the raygun he had taken from professor Zobot, and moved toward the kitchen. I am reminded of the tightrope I walk between enjoying the company of these misunderstood men and women of genius, and the hard reality that to them I'm just another casualty in the road to science.
Des paused at the door watching the the waiters laughing inside through the glass.
But for all my misgivings, Des thought with a smile, The company of what others call mad brings some unexpected bonuses now and then.
Like now.
"Listen up. You've failed our guests in providing grand quality service." Des snapped as he passed into the kitchen. "The very least you could do is provide some nice floor entertainment for them."
The noise died down as the waiters looked at him. The smarter busboys moved away fleeing into the storerooms as the chefs ducked down behind the counter.
One of the three closest to the door, cleared his throat, and asked, "Like what Desius? You're the one who messed up, not checking up on your guest. We gonna dance for them? Make you look better?"
"No," smiled Des as he raised Zobot's gun.
Professor Zobot would not forgive me if I used this where he couldn't watch and study its effect, thought Des as the look of horror dawned on the waiters faces. And I doubt he'd be so forgiving twice, especially if I ruin his chance at science.
"You're going to run."
The waiters scrambled through the doors, tripping over themselves as an ominous hum came from Zobot's raygun as Des followed them into the lounge.
He took careful aim.
And pulled the trigger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:08 pm 

Oh, now Prof. Zobot, one can easily fix that with re-enforcement and modern metals.
And as for your query, Miss. Chic Geek, I maintain at least a basic set of skills in almost any speciality school of Mad Science you could name. Perhaps some better than other, and none with as much proficiency as my speciality schools, but it's better than nothing.
My father often extolled the virues of being a Renisanse Mad.
But yes, I do still dabble in clockwork. I've got a little pet progect in the works. . . nothing fancy, just a wind-up pocket watch. That can stop slow and warp the passage of time.

Personally,I'm with Wallace. Biological companions are worth the trouble.
As I once heard it put, rather poetically, 'When I create a monster, i want it to hold my hand'.
.. . . but I will confess that my Literary work is easier to control and maintain, but it hardly gets me any recognition. And yet, the villainy I have worked upon our language.
*takes out a folded piece of paper* I would dare any of you to read this page and not be affected by it's chill artistry.

You did *what*? Oh, bugger. Sounds like a laugh, I'll say.
I might not be *too* well know, but It gives one a thrill when Prof.Z and Jane Narbon design entire plans just ta get rid of ya. Not that it worked. . . heh heh heh. Z tryed to do in Cheshire too, but you can imagine how that went. . .

Really? Yeah, I can see that. Everyone loves a listener, you know. Part of whY i don;t talk. People feel like they c'n talk to me, and they think I can;t tell anyone else. Makes me feel like bloody Hobbes or sumthin'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:27 pm 

I like that quote. Seems to me quite fitting, even if the monsters only have metaphorical hands. To be frank, I'm never quite sure what I created with Lagos. She isn't really anything like any of the other monsters I've met, but I'm not sure what to call a mad science experiment that succeeded but didn't produce a monster. I know I've heard of it happening before, but it seems to me that I don't know anyone like that.

Oh, it was great. I landed in a stasis tube, but they got me out with a earthquake gun. Tore the whole place to pieces, and did a lot of internal damage to the structure. Frederic, I don't think anything could keep you away from the fight, at least not for any length of time.

Yeah, she kept saying that too. I think us rabbits are natural listeners, I mean, just look at the ears! Don't worry about it too much, I think there are much worse animals to be compared to than Hobbes. In fact, I sometimes wonder if Calvin was a young mad scientist. I know Wally's mom used to show them to him when he felt too out of place in the world. Of course, I think they also looked for coping strategies for having someone with that much madness at such an early age. It still helps him from time to time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:52 pm 

"Professor Zobot, I admit I love the classic style. But I am not so wedded to the style of the past as to blindly copy it. As has been mentioned, with the addition of space age metals,computer chips,and other such improvements one may have the best of both worlds. Even clockwork may become high tech. Why, you should see some of the work being done by Professor Steamhead over in Quagmire! He's a good madsci, but nevertheless does impressive work."
Screaming waiters run about blindly. I hear a humming noise.
"Oh, look! Entertainment!"
I see Desius take aim...that smile on his face. Intriguing. I do believe he does have henchman potential.
I'll ask Prof.Tinker about that piece of paper later. For now-
I smile and sit back to watch the show.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:08 pm 

*smiles at Wally*
The term, Wallace, is a friend. You have created a friend, an equal.
Which, in the end, is what most Mad Scientists need. We're a fantastically lonely sort, don't you think?
Fredric, for instance, was meant to be a pet. But now, I honestly consider him more as a son. I'm working on a way for him to be a bit more comfortable in human society. . . I just need to steal the material component for the transmogrification ray. *sigh*
You know when I was a kid all I needed was some cardboard and a digital watch for a decent transmorgification ray. But then, it only worked on smal items, so . .

*whistles* Now *that* sounds like fun, mate!
Hee hee, yeah, I guess you're right. I do like me a good scarp, ey? A little scuffle!

Really? I'd like ta meet her. She sounds like fun!
Wally too? Dad has a huge collection of his old books from when he was a kid. Some of 'em are just held together with tape by now, too.
I mean, he might not have gone mad yet, but he was still pre-mad, and that's not much better.
Calvin was totally mad! 'e made machines, bargained wiv aliens, and never played with other kids. Plus, the hair. 'Ave you noticed that Dad's careful hairstyle is. . . someone unusual?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:25 pm 

Friend... Friend... Yeah, that sounds about right. It's just not something that you think about when you create something. If you go in with the intention of creating a friend, you are no more likely to get one than by just throwing random chemicals at a wall. It's a random thing, and I suppose I'm lucky mine comes with replaceable parts. It certainly does bring a whole new meaning to the phrase 'making friends.'

You wouldn't happen to know where to get this component, would you? It'd certainly make for an interesting first field assignment.

I just love cardboard boxes. Just be glad you didn't transform a stuffed tiger with one. When I tried he flipped it over and flew off with someone named Spiff or something.

A little scuffle? Frederic, when you get started, it doesn't stay a small scuffle for long.

Oh, she certainly was. Bit strangely furred, I mean haired, but nice over all. I think that's part of the reason Wally is so attached to those books. It makes him feel less alone, because there was someone else who was mad from an early age and who he could identify with. I'd agree, the hair is a dead giveaway. I mean, he had to have hidden anti-gravity something or other in it to make it look like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 pm 

"A wish to transmogrify a lagomorph of potentially unstoppable dangerous power, thus warping and shattering the laws of man, god, and most conceptions of biology and physics? By Newton, Tinker, I had no idea you were such a traditionalist!" I grin. It actually sounds like quite an interesting project.

"If you ever need any help with that little project, Prof. Tinker, just ask. I'm good with Rays, and if the component you're talking about is the one I'm thinking of, I know JUST where you could get one..."

*Watches as three busboys run by, quickly getting turned into a chicken, a cow, and a pig*

"Hmm...I remember now. So THAT'S what that raygun was for. Emergency food supply derived from your worst enemies. In retrospect, it was probably one of my more disturbing ideas.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100  Next