Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 100  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:35 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

*nods at Wallace in agreement*
True. In a funny way, you'd be more likely to make a friend if attempting to make an *enemy*. Murphy's theory of Narrative Irony and all that.
Oh, cardboard boxes were the best when I was young. At that age, Imagination is a real, tangible quantity and force. Everything is possible, because no-one has yet managed to convince you that it isn't . . . *sighs*
OF course, the whol epoint of being Maad is regaining that state, ey? heh heh heh.

*blushed slightly from Prof.Z's comment, obviously flattered*
Well, of course. My family is a pretty old Mad line, you know. And, well, I'm terribly proud of Fredric.
And i would be glad to receive your help. To be honest, I have admired your work before.

I'd like to see what Fredric could do with the most dangerous adaptation known to intelligent history. . . .
Opposible Thumbs!
*outside, thunder and lightning suddenly crackle, illuminating Prof. Tinker as he calmly sips his HyperTea*

*chuckles* Ey, It's only a scuffle if no-one's got heavy artillery, yanno? Show ma a coupla big guns, a mecha, and a few mooks an' THEN it's a fight! Whahoo! *hops up and hovers exitedly*

Actually, I think the Mad Hair is 'causa the thinking. . all the discharging electricity, yanno? I bet if you were a *human* lady, you'd have spiky hair too.
I mean, Da's hair might *look* flat, but you should see it in the morning. Porcupine-styley, lemme tell ya.
. . . Funny thing is? Da told me he Identified with Hobbes more. Go figure, ey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:11 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

That makes lots of sense. I don't know where the electricity comes from, but it has to go somewhere. I don't want to know what Wally does to get his hair down from where it starts in the morning. You've ever seen six-inch hair spikes? I didn't sleep well for a week.

Really? I think Wally has liked Calvin, for his age if nothing else. I don't know who he'll end up really being like, but it'll be interesting to watch.

Ahhh, yes, the innocence of youth. The smell of exploding gerbils in the morning, and the screams of bystanders didn't enter into your childhood games too much, but it does add a bit of excitement to the whole enterprise.

Opposable thumbs for Fredric would be interesting. I wonder what he'd do with them. I'm sure Lagos would have some ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:02 am 

Des comes up to the table bearing the raygun on a silver platter, still humming softly as it winds down leaving whisps of green vapor trailing behind. His eyes are a bit wild and they stare hard at the Professor.
"Here is your raygun, sir. I sincerly hope you enjoyed our impromptu floor show for this evening." He places the tray in front of the professor, giving one last longing stare at the gun.
"Now, is there anything else you would like? Perhaps dinner if you're feeling peckish." Des runs his fingers through his hair and gives a chilling smile, "We seem to have come into some fresh beef, chicken, and pork if you would be interested."
"We have some of the best chefs around, and we try to meet all our guests needs, so don't be hesitant to ask."
Des looks around, silently marking which tables need refills, and sees Chic's speculative look. Coming over, this time with a warm smile, he asks
"What may I get for you, ma'm?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:52 am 

Professor Zobot takes his weapon and looks up at Desius, his eyes betraying no emotion. "Hmm." He nods, putting the weapon back in his coat. He had never had much experience with henchmen, or even potential ones, but like all mad scientists, he knew the basics. "Never hire someone who can out-perform you." topped the list. Desius was definately talented, and he possessed a certain willing sort of playful amorality that would be perfect for a mad scientist, but a bit creepy in your average henchman. He was very impressive, and Professor Zobot made a mental note to leave a good tip. Of course, you never said that to their faces...

"You have performed...adequately." He kept his face stern, trying to hide his amusement. "No doubt you've just impressed most of the people in here, except PERHAPS for me. Just don't expect much of a tip, that is, unless you manage to get me a steak within the next 7.3 minutes..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:47 am 

"Very good, sir. I shall try to have it out in five."
Des turned to Chic, and smiled warmly, "If you'll excuse me for a second ma'm?"
He walked over and took the lead of the startled cow and walked into the kitchen. The chefs stood flabbergasted while a scared busboy came foward. This is how you keep on top, make them afraid. Is this how the scientists feel, this giddy adrenaline rush of facing down someone you know is smarter better and willing to kill you as much as look at you?, Des thought. My god my legs are shaking, I can barely think. I want to crawl into a corner and whimper, but I can't. I can't stop, Des smiled as he tought to himself, the chefs giving each other looks, you never know whats catching up. Well, they know the stick, now the carrot.
"You're not going to kill Paul are you?"
"What?! No! Are you mad?"
"But the guest said-"
"The Professor said," interrupted Des, "that he wanted a steak. Not that he wanted Paul."
"Take him out back," he ordered sitting down and running his fingers through his hair and taking a couple deep breaths," don't let anyone see him. You, start cooking our best cut freshest tenderloin."
"Come on people move it!"
"You're only going to make him angry!"
The chefs stared moving, bustling as quick as they can. A busboy came unbidden carrying a glass of beer. Des nodded at him, drinking quickly as he tried to get the shaking in his legs under control.
"Come on! We've got," Des barked, standing up, glancing at the clock. "4 minutes left, cook that steak rare, and keep it bloody."
Des smirked, "I think he'd enjoy it, Now I'm going back out, bring it out as soon as possible."
Placing the glass on the counter, Des stepped back out onto the tightrope, an honest smile on his face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:11 am 

*grins a bit Madly at Wallace* Oh, more than that you see. . .
*leans in close to whisper softly*
I plan on giving him a human form. But see, the form will be dependent on his personality and somewhat on his appearance for a rabbit, see? And I should be able to keep the wings . . .
*giggles slightly* CAn you imagine? At his current size, he can tear down houses! Scaled up. . . .

*signals to Desius* My good man, I would appreciate it is, when you have the time, an order of the duck if you please. I'm a bit peckish.
*shoots a look at Zobot* Dammit, Z, go easy on him. I don't want my favorite lounge to go down because *you* felt like driving the head waiter Mad.

Oh, yeh? Da's hair is down to the back of his neck. Every morning it ends up looking like 'es a 80's superhero. You c'n hang a umbrella on it!

Yeh, I know watcha mean. Da's a Prof now, 'es got 'isdoctrate, an' 'es Order of Frankenstine. . . . but Sometimes, I think 'es not sure who 'e is yet.
Don't help that 'es not sure if he should be Bad or Good. I think 'e does fine 'ow 'e is!
. . . .uff. Somethimes i think 'e just needs to get a beau already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:33 am 

Professor Zobot stared down at his watch, keeping track of the time as he watches Desius lead the cow into the kitchen, the creature mooing loudly in protest. Vaguely he wondered if his ray allowed the creatures to keep their previous intelligence after being transmogrified. At Tinker's comment, he turned to face him and grins. "There's little need to worry about THAT sort of thing, Doctor. We both know THAT sort of thing is mostly genetic in nature."

His voice drops to a whisper as he leans over to Tinker. "Unless you're implying that he's...?" He leans back and takes another swig from his drink, finishing it. "Because the likelihood of something like that is very small, given his current situation. He might go insane, but I'm sure there's no chance that he'd go Mad." He gives his colleague a toothy grin. "Let me have my fun. I promise I won't break him. Besides, the second I leave this place, you know I'll go back to being annoyingly nice."

Of course, given Desius' behavior, it might be wise to give him a bit of a wide berth after this. His behavior isn't quite what I'd be looking for in a henchman anyway, even if I was in a condition to hire. Professor Zobot rubbed his chin and straightened up in his chair, glad for the moment to think. "Anyway, your intentions for Fluffy are interesting, but have you considered how hard it'd be to keep him clothed if you keep the wings?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:42 am 

Really? That's... That's... genius! Bwahahahaha! I diabolical just thinking about it. Now I can't wait until you get everything together.

That must be quite the sight. I hope Wally goes through with growing his hair out more, it'll be quite the sight to see.

It's weird for Wally. He's been a Mad longer than most, yet he's really just now breaking into the field in any serious way. It really just has to do with his age. No one listens to the robot threats from the 10 year old. That, and his parents made him promise to restrict his threats to local ones until he was an adult. I think it was a good compromise for both of them. They didn't need the feds breaking down the door every other week, and he needed to train a bit before he really got out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:01 pm 

*That Guy crashes through one of the windows and skids across the floor.*

"Explosion, Head hurts," he says. "Sorry, I slipped out for a while. Had something to do, and it was very combustible."

Looking at Professor Zobot he says, "By the way, Professor Zobot, I feel I must inform you that you may well drive Desius mad."

Getting up and taking a chair he continued, "As we all know, people who most would call normal don't notice mad activities and such. This is because they lack the Madness trait. Mad Scientists have the trait and after exposure to a certain radical event they become Mad persons such as yourselves."

"Henchmen are a bit different. They all have some vestige of the madness trait however. Henchmen fall under two types."

"The first is the Non-Mad type. They are those who carry the Madness gene but are incapable of becoming Mad because they are lacking one key part of the genetic formula."

"The other type is the Pre-Mad type. They are Mad Scientists in their own right but have not experienced an event radical enough to drive them Mad."

"You see, by pushing Desius to the edge, you play a very dangerous game. He may be of the latter type, and we would all suffer if he were to go off his head. You must all remember the casualties from when you went mad."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:37 pm 

6 minutes, Des thought. Just barely there.
Des pushed his way through the doors after placing Professor Tinker's order, balancing a tray filled with refill for everyone, and in the other hand a steak dinner, complete with onions, mushrooms, garlic sided with steamed vegtables and mashed potatoes. The cauliflower calvary charged their ancient foes, the broccoli as they hunked down behind the baby carrots, yelling tiny warcries as they came down the potatoes.
"Here is your dinner Professor, steak as you ordered. I hope you don't mind it rare. Your duck will be out shortly Professor Tinker and... when did..." Des stuttered at he looked at Mr. Guy.
His eyes moved between the window and Mr. Guy, while his mouth moved.
"Hm. Ah. Yes. Well..." he sputtered, trying to regain composure while Zobot smiled into his napkin, and Tinker giggled. Guy laughed, pounding the table while Des cleared his throat.
"I see, sir, I shall have some one come and clean up the mess shortly, would you like a drink sir." Des passed out the refills, empty glasses clinking as he took them. "Forgive me if I am a bit presumptious, but you seem like you would prefer a beer to the more exotic drinks. We have a fine selection of the lesser known Mad brewers here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:11 pm 

(Note: Before Thaddeus crashes back into the lounge)
Tinker nods curtly at Prof. Z's question, sipping his Hyper Tea.
"Oh, yes, I am indeed, Professor. Haven't you read the Tinasky Papers? Didn't you see the flash of power on his face?"

He frowns slightly, at the mention of leaving the Lounge.
"Ah, yes, that. Such a pity, really. I swear, I may just have to do something about that. . . you're kind of. . .creepy, as Good. You know? It just is . . . eery."

As the subject returned to Fluffy, his eyes gleam and he sets aside his drink, nodding at Desius as he enters the room.

"Oh, nonsense! Customized clothing is the least of my concerns. I have this *fantastic* Tailor on hand, you see. He's fast as anything too- hyper polydactly, you see. Double-fingers."

He giggles slightly with Wallace.
"Oh, indeed! And if it works, it could work on your dear Rabbity friend as well!"

Here Thaddeus crashed through the window, which Tinker hardly blinked at.
He nods at Thaddeus summary, smiling slightly.
"Mm, I do indeed remember. . . . Age fourteen, the public library. Fifteen injures, several missing. Three dead, and a permanent warped reality spot as well."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:49 pm 

Well, that's the thing, Ain't it?
It don' matter how much talent a Mad's got, they gotta have the know-how and the credentials yanno?
I mean, Da wen mad when he was a teenager, so that was when he was fresh 'n all, but he hadta at least be in collage before anyone takes ya seriously.

. . . goin' Mads rough, innit? Da talks about it a lot, yanno. I guess if it happens when your little, s kinda worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:33 pm 

(Before Desius Returns)

Professor Zobot nods and listens to Tinker, Wallycaine, and That Guy. "I'm well aware of the Tinasky papers... I was simply pointing out that percentage-wise, mad scientists occupy less than 1.274% of the world's population. The odds that he happens to be a Latent, henchman-variety or otherwise, that's lived this long into his life without snapping yet are incredibly poor. And that look of power on his face meant nothing. After all, you don't have to be Mad to be drunk with power, and what better way to make someone think they're powerful than to give them a gun?"

Of course, I'm probably wrong, and I know it, but there is something to be said for arguing for the sake of the argument, even if Thaddeus made a good point. Besides, if word gets out that Desius might be a Latent, there'll be no takers for employing him. That'd be more dangerous than letting Jane Narbon have a night alone with with the contents of your lab. Professor Zobot looks up as his dinner is served. "This looks delicious! And you even managed to get the sides to declare war on each other! It's perfect!" He grins. For a moment, he's tempted to continue his little game, but after looking over at Tinker and That Guy, he suppresses the urge. After reaching into his pocket, he gets out $40 and hands it to Desius. "For whatever my meal and my drink cost. Keep the change."

When Tinker makes the comment about how creepy he's been, Zobot chuckles. "Doctor, you don't know the half of it. I'd tell you "the half of it," but you wouldn't believe me anyway. And since we're both mad (and inclined to believe in things that probably don't exist anyway) that's saying something." He takes a few bites of his steak and then sets his silverware down. "Wow..fifteen injuries and three dead? That's worse than when it happened to me. Of course, I sort of drove myself to madness, so I suppose it would have been worse for you, since you had an actual reason to go insane." He starts spooning up vegetables, causing miniature cries of terror and fear as many of the troops are separated from their kin and raised up towards the big mouth in the sky. "So, Mr. Caine, how did you go mad?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:56 pm 

Yeah. Wally, well, he kinda suppressed his talent for a bit through school, making sure to only make things at home or far away in the woods. Most of the stuff he made wasn't very useful or threatening, but he kept at it. Even to make me he had to get the help of a sane vet to tell him what was wrong and keep him from killing me. I'm not exactly sure how he kept from seeing what was really going on and was still able to help, but that madness barrier saved my life and that of my other creator, so I'm glad.

Hmm, I hadn't even considered that. With the number of alterations I've made, we would have to work out a slightly different process, unless your system can handle large mechanical pieces that need to be additionally modified. Still, I hope we can work something out, as I think Lagos would appreciate the opportunity to use opposable thumbs. I know she gets tired of having to tell me everything she wants done. I just hope...

*That Guy Crashes through window and speaks*

Yeah, um, that'd be horrible. Just cause I didn't cause any causalities doesn't mean he'll get that unlucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:22 pm 

Tinker smiles, sipping his tea. He adjusts his glasses slightly, mentally sighing in relief when Prof. Z gives the poor man a break.
Truth be told, he had a soft spot for the loyal waiter. Poor man.

"Well, my personal decent into Madness was pretty dramatic, I'll admit. In part, it was due to the event. My father had gone missing, you see, and I had been dealing with bullies for some time. A few of them were foolish enough to. . .. make a remark to me while I was at the public library." he explained casually, shrugging slightly.
He heard Wallace's muttered comment and glanced at him, raising an eyebrow. After a moment, he patted his shoulder comfortingly.

"Well, for what it's worth, I don't actually *know* if anyone died. . . they just never came back from. . . ah, wherever I sent them."

"By the way, Zobot, I must add that the chances are low *theoretically*, but that hardly holds up under the Theories of Comedic Irony. " he muttered, twitching slightly. "Like the chances of a crush in high-school turning into a Knight Templar super-hero.. . what were the odds? What WERE the odds?!"

Yeh, the Madness barrier's pretty useful. Most people don' notice my wings, yanno? And if I'm usin' 'em to fly, then I'm as good as invisible!
'S pretty handy, especially when Da sneaks me into the cinema. EEven if they do see me, they won't say they did.

I think Da tried to keep it on the low in High School, but apparently 'e. . . 'e had some moments. 'E wrote scripts for the theater department, an' yanno 'e used writing for Mad material and. . well. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:26 pm 

Um, well, I sort of didn't really have a reason. I was six, and got beat up by a bunch of bullies. They dumped me into the trash, and I snapped. Best we can figure is that I was on a hair trigger anyways, so the first major humiliation caused it, even thought it wasn't major. Anyways, I started messing around with the trash that was there, and before I knew it, I had created a primitive cyborg that lumbered out towards the bullies. It chased them around the playground, probably inflicting some mental scarring, but didn't hurt anyone before the local sheriff shot it to pieces. Then I went home and told mom. I do believe that was the only time I was ever spanked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:36 pm 

I love the fact that so few people comment on my tail when it's extended. It's handy for pulling the tapping person on the shoulder trick.

I'd like to say that nothing escaped from the house, but enough did that the police stopped looking for other suspects. It became a mostly cordial situation, if a bit weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:20 pm 

Everyone else is busy arguing *about* Desius. I believe while they're busy talking about, I shall talk *to*.
I motion him over imperiously. "You are an adequate waiter,Desius. But I believe you might...possibly...have the potential to be a better henchman."
"You will work hard, fufilling my every demand as I create. And destroy. No livestock on the premises, and I will graciously exempt you from drinking hyper-coffee. And I can assure you that any robotic replacement parts you ever may need will be most elegant. Break room with soda,fridge,microwave and,sigh, ordinary coffee maker. I make this offer only once. As for any partners or nemesi I may have-No one else is ever allowed to mess with MY henchman. Ever. You have until dinner is over to decide."

In a slightly louder tone, still nonchalant-

"I'll have the lobster with drawn butter. I'll decide on dessert afterward. You will NOT be lax."

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:49 pm 

Tinker shrugs, smiling to himself.
"Well, if you had such high potential at such a young age, then I'm sure it was just inevitable. I'd just be thankful that it didn't occur in a place with more supplies. . . imagine if it had occurred in a department store, with your parents in the vicinity." he suggested, turning slightly to glance at chicgeek.

He didn't catch enough of the conversation (via lip-reading) to quite get the gist, but he decided not to worry.
After all, the Lounge was a place outside of Cannon, otherwise he'd be stuck on a spaceship right now.

Heh, Da was like that with the local coppers back when he first made me. Soon enough, they'd just bring me home ta him, no questions 'r nothin'.
They could see me, sure, but who wanted to write up a little black-spotted bunny for . . . ah, accident'ly knockin' over a statue?
Officer Jones was 'specialy nice about it, yanno? Always had a spot o' carrot juice on hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:33 pm 

Yeah, it was something like that. Half the time it was because of some creature getting out, so he had to tell the police how to subdue it. It wasn't like they were going to take a nine year old away, so they just "failed" to find any evidence around. He got so used to helping them that it took a bit for him to realize that wasn't something that normal Mad scientists did. That's part of the reason that he tried out good for a bit. Unfortunately, his talents were a little too unstable to be put reliably towards good, so he ended up here. Strange how life unfolds, Huh?

Um-hum, I have been thankful for that most of the time, I always feel a bit weird discussing it. I did find out later that all the bullies had had the nightmares go away after a few years of intensive therapy, so I'm glad they recovered. I just wonder sometimes what would have happened had I not gone mad until I was older. I know I'm lucky that I get the support of parents, but... I don't know. I'm tired of trying to figure the what might have beens or the maybe some days. I think I need a tea, after those thoughts.

*Waves Desius over*

Desius, do you have any Earl Grey? The tea, not the person. I believe I need a drink, and my Plutonium Parade has gone dry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:52 pm 

Des moved to the kitchen fetching the duck platter and cup of tea, turning his suprising employment opportunity over and over in his head. Knowing the canon-miter the Professor brings around, Des mused, Nobody here is going to remember the night other than they had a good time, and I'll remember the general idea and that I got good tips.
He placed the cup by Wallycaine, smiled and nodded as Wally nodded thanks, took a sip, and continued talking earnestly. Placing the duck platter for Professor Tinker, Des's mind continued to wander.
...and where does he get those things anyways, he always brings one, rain or shine, heck we had to store a couple of them in the linen closet they... anyways... Des blinked, watching the cooked, headless duck get up and strike a pose.
"I am the terror that flaps in the night," sqeaked the neck of the bird to a bemused Professor Tinker. "I am the surprise in your cereal bo-aacckkk!,"sqwaked the duck as Des drove one of the forks through its neck pinning it to the wood table.
"I'm so sorry, sir!" Des explained as the bird struggled against the fork, "Its the kitchen, sir, some exposure to some chemical or some such. We think its the 25 playing with us again, honestly."
He smiled and ran his fingers through his hair, as his mind berated him. Pay attention or you'll make another mistake. Be glad you warned Wally about that oil of bergamot.
Des walked back towards the kitchen to check on the lobster when he suddenly froze. You did warn Wally about the oil of bergamot in our earl grey tea, right?
Wally gave a muffled shout as vines whipped out of the teacup, wrapping themselves around his head and began to bear tiny pear-shaped fruits.
Nope, Des thought with a sigh. Better get the hedge trimmers.

Last edited by Desius on Thu May 01, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:34 pm 

Tinker opened his mouth to reply to Wallace, but ended up nearly falling on the floor laughing at the antics of his Duck.
"Oh, dear. You know, Even if I hardly end up eating here, I can't help but love the service." he chuckled, turning back to Wallace.

"I agree, it's best not to dwell. If It;s any comfort, I spent many a sleepless night over the fate of those that my descent into madness . . . well, whatever it was that happened to them. Worst case scenario, I wrote them out of existence, best case. . . " he sighed slightly.
Whatever he might have said next was interrupted by the burst of vines from Wallace Tea, prompting Tinker to jump to his feet grabbing Wallace and pulling him away from the cup.

He adjusted his glasses, letting them gleam as he pulled out a serum. The duck had stuck a cord in his memory, something from his childhood beckoned. . .
Ah, yes, now he remembered. He stuck a pose, tossing the vial up casually.
"Let's get dangerous!"

Da thinks about going good, sometimes. He might just do it soon. . . he's pretty good at doing hero stuff, yanno?
But he has the same problem. It's hard to be good when half of your inventions just eat things, or grin creeepily, or are notebooks that make people see gremlins on the wings of airplanes. . ya get th' drift.

*Fredrci starts at the noise from inside* Oy! What was that!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:58 pm 

Watching Wallycaine get entangled by his selection, Professor Zobot had to suppress a sudden urge to leap up and help him. He looked down at one of his arms, which was looking suspiciously metallic and growing colder by the second. Then he looked over at the broken window and wrinkled his forehead. "Ugh. Thaddeus, I really wish you'd be more careful the next time you get yourself blown up. That window you broke is leaking in continuity." He sighed and stood up, moving over to the window and removing a small aerosol can from his labcoat, which he proceeded to spray over the area of the broken window. "You know, I really hate having to warp the fabric of reality. There's always some risks involved, and it's usually not worth the trouble."

Suddenly, there was a blur as Professor Zobot appeared back at the seat. The window had never been broken, and That Guy had never left the Lounge. In fact, he was seated next to Tinker, and a plate of food was in front of him. Everyone in the lounge collectively blinked as reality reasserted itself, as it had always been that way. Those more sensitive to the forces of drama and and plot within reality had the vaguest feeling that something was different, but they couldn't quite put their finger on what. Professor Zobot took a sip of his suddenly refilled Gin and Tonic and yawned. "Hmm... nothing ever happens here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:00 pm 

What the... Okay, that's a lot of vines.

*Wally looks over to Tinker*

In that case, I'll keep them back. 'Even if it isn't the best weapon for this, everything else creates too much property damage. I'll hope for the best.'

*Wally straightens his robot arm, as a sword begins to come out of it. It keeps coming out, until he's holding an seven foot long sword with three hands*

Alright, now don't stand in front of me.

*Wally starts swinging the sword. He is able to keep the vines from extending further, but...*

Oops, sorry about the table... and the chair... and the floor... Sorry about it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:52 pm 

Tinker blinks, finding himself sitting back in his chair.
Wasn't. . wasn't something just happening? They had been talking about the events that lead into madness and. . . and. . .
He blinked, taking off his glasses and polishing them. Something about Darkwing Duck. . hmm. he must have been mulling over heroism again or something.

Something was off, but he couldn't put his finger on what.
The two Lagomorphs were sitting at a private table in the corner (hadn't they been outside? No.) talking together (since when does Fredric talk? Oh, right. . .) he was chatting with Zobot and Wallace . . .
Huh. Oh, well. it wasn't like this place had much continuity, anyways. Probably a good thing, in the long run.

"I'm sorry, i lost track. What were we talking about. . .?" he said softly, putting his glasses back on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:11 pm 

"I... I..." Des blinked. A bitter aftertaste, a scent of something like burnt orange, the feel of metal in his hands passed over Des senses, and then.. nothing. Everything was the same, stuck at his boring job, on another boring day, walking the line between madmen and... something. Something he forgot.
Oh well, at least he had interesting guests today, the Mad science crowd always helped brighten his day.
"I do believe," Des recovered, placing the hyper-tea/coffee mixture the professor ordered in front of him, " you were telling me if you got a medal or something for your Order of Frankenstine."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:20 pm 

Ohh, that sounds quite interesting. What plot did you get it for? And... why am I holding my sword? Hmm, I'll just be putting this away now. At least Lagos and Fluffy are talking up a storm over there, although I can't help but feel they're just going over old ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:30 pm 

Professor Zobot blinked and looked up at Desius, Tinker, and Wallycaine. For the briefest of picoseconds, they might have noticed a green sparkle in his eyes...or maybe it was just in their imaginations. "You guys are so weird, and this is coming from a MAD SCIENTIST. Seriously, who loses track of what they were saying in the middle of a conversation? Now then, back to the matter at hand: Yes, Tinker, please elucidate on the caper that earned you that honor!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:07 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

Congrats des on your new henchman job. I look forward to having you fight an angry mob whipped into a frenzy by a bogus news story. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:25 pm 

"Thanks! I'm resisting the urge here.. oh screw it."
Des climbs to the top of the bar and yells out, "Woot!"
He then climbs down, and returns to your lovable but rather formal and stiff waiter mode.
"Yes, sir, I look forward to your angry mobs indeed."
And then turns to hear out Professor Tinker.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 100  Next