Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 100  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:46 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

That Guy just remembered something he had to do.

"Excuse me. I'll be right back," he says to the people assembled. On his way out he hands some money to Desius. "Here, keep the change. You'll need it since you're to be a torture motivated hench."

He walked swiftly from the establishment. He looks around outside noticing a bit of wood with chew marks but thinks nothing of it. He headed of for the center of Outer Continuity*.

-------------------------------------------

He went directly to the reality engine he had set up to create this place. He went up to it and began to get to work- only to realize it had already been calibrated. He could not remember doing it, but he was the only one who understood its operation.

He checked over the recordings that had been printed out over the last hour.

'Ok, lets see. There was a the fluctuations of him calibrating the machine. Then the machine had apparently burst a gasket and let in more of the continuity than it normally allowed. Anyone standing near the machine would have gotten a knock as well. Then something over-corrected reality. Someone had used a device not calibrated to this places normal processing. Thereby causing a randomization of reality within the sphere of this plane.'

'I can only hope that the effects were singular.' Rechecks the readouts. 'Oh no, there have been a few episodes of spontaneous reality warps. Well, I'll have to figure out what the original source was in order to correct it.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*The town the Lounge exists in. Apparently created by myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:03 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Tinker smiles happily, sipping his Hyper Tea.
He was always happy to talk about his Order of Frankenstine achievement, so the thoughts of what may have just happened floated casually into the back of his head where they promptly ate some leftovers and curled up for a proper nap.

"Ah, thats right! I'm sorry, I can be a little absent-minded before I've had enough tea." he explained, glancing over at Fredric. He was glad that he had a friend now. Pity he couldn't understand them too well. . .
All the faux-cockney, italics and blue, he supposed.

"Ah, well you see, I had successfully forced the Public Schooling system to accept my demands through application of GRUE infiltration and carefully-planned blackouts. I ended up losing the Mad of the Year award, but was awarded the order of Frankenstine. I keep the certificate in my office at the Collage and the pin right here on my lapel. . . " he trailed off as he showed off the medal on his lapel, blinking slightly.

Odd, it was a small gold metal with a ruby-and-daimond test tube on in. He could have *sworn* it was a plain copper lightning rod before. . . .
"Hmmmm. . . " he muttered worriedly, the sleeping thoughts in his mind opening one eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:20 pm 

That's quite impressive, Professor. Just what demands did you get met, if you don't mind my asking.

Desius, I'd like an Earl Grey Tea, if you don't mind...

*Visions of vines erupting appeared in his head, and he was seized by a desire to change his order*

On second thought, I need something cool. Would you mind changing that to a sundae with whipped cream?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:44 pm 

I blinked, shaken out of my thoughts again.
I grinned, remembering my triumph.

"Ha HA! Now *that* was the rub! I forced them to make *sweeping* changed across the board. In the end, it took sneaking GRUES into the closets and under the beds of almost every Senator in Washington, but by the Lightning of Loki I managed it!" I declared, giggling slightly.

"Less emphasis on pointless subjects, harsher rules against bullying, strict monitoring of teacher behavior, increased funding in general. . . I saw to it that what happened to me cannot happen again." I continued, beaming with triumph.
"Oh, and I got them to add Mad versions of regular classes, which upped Mad employment 30%." I add, remembering it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:00 pm 

Oh, so it was you that got those classes put in. I'm so grateful. They may not have kicked in until the last years of my schooling, but they helped immensely. Thanks a lot. You wouldn't happen to know of anything similar at the local college, would you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:36 pm 

"Ohh! did anyone fell that plot quake?" asked Des, steadying himself.
"I feel like alot of souls just got invited to the main Mad Sci-Wars."
"I know this humble henchman got invited, who else got one?"

"And," assured Des to Wallycaine, "your sundae is coming right up, we just need convince the cream to put the knife down."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:22 pm 

"Your quite welcome. Although I suppose it was more *good* than bad, I still say I should take credit fro keeping the GRUES in D.C."
At the sudden Plotquake, Tinker nearly fell out of his chair.
"Really?! Finally! That ought to be fun. . . heh heh heh."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:48 pm 
Hyperkeeper

As far as I can tell, everyone here got one. Well, everyone who's posted in this thread, the Signup Queue, or the Practice Wars, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:22 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

:D
I look forward to raining doom upon the minds and blogs of those in the big city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:02 am 

*The sudden plotquake causes Professor Zobot to fall over in his chair, his steak landing on his face. He sits up, and pulls the remainder of his meal off of him, throwing it away.*

Well, THIS is going to be interesting. I will admit that I'm particularly excited to see some of the new guys get in on the fun!

Also, this officially ends the Day of the Deranged Do-Gooder, for those who care/are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 am 

Whoa, what a Plotquake. I foresee a lot less practicing going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:44 am 
Hyperkeeper

In case you were wondering, I came up with the idea for this at the very beginning of the Martian storyline.

Now, the question is: Did the Deranged Do-Gooder catch enough of the virus to become truly Mad again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:36 am 

All I know is *I* have a student o start working with, and a - well, that would be telling.
And a rabbit to transmorgify!!

"Wait, WHAT now?!"[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:44 am 

So It Begins: Extrapolate what you can from my recent posts. Granted, he hasn't gone all crezzy like most people do when they snap and go mad, but he just went from fighting Martians to opening up an ice cream parlor in less than a day. Those are not the actions of a wholly sane individual.

I WILL point out, however, that the argument given by his mechanical arm is wholly true. Unlike the traditional mad scientist, he's yet to actually MAKE anything of his own. Any device he's used his either been modified from parts someone else left lying around or a combination of such parts.

As for whether or not he's gone back to being evil? No. He may at some point in the future, but not now. The idea of being the only good guy amidst a pack of evil people is just too entertaining to me. Besides, I'm too curious as to why he was flagged for "Project Bluelight", whatever it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:00 pm 

Project bluelight?
Oh boy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:14 pm 

Blast it, why does everyone seem to know about this thing except me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:48 pm 

Yes, are we going to see more on what this Bluelight is?

Heh, its a matter of time now for Des. He's set to be a walking time bomb, and should be more interesting and random as those percentages rise.
I'm curious, does anyone think my jokes are funny? I try to keep a lighter side of things, but I'm not sure if they are coming through or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:53 pm 

I haven't noticed any jokes. But I can be dense at times.

And No, you will not see what Bluelight is until it happens. None of us have clearance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:05 pm 

Well, I find them funny, even if I can't always point to specific jokes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:34 pm 
Hyperkeeper

What is Project BlueLight: Well, currently, I'd say I know the most about it.

Where has it last shown up: Did you check out Jane Narbon's recent backstory?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:56 pm 

I did read Jane Narbon's backstory, yes. It's only further piqued my interest. In any event, I suppose we'll just have to see.

EDIT: And Desius: Don't worry about if you're funny or not. Just chill and have fun with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:06 pm 

I'm not worried about it. I think alot of the little things are funny as heck to me, and wanted to know if anyone was finding them funny also. I have a slightly warped sense of humor. A trait I think we all share. As I said, I was just kind of curious.

And I am interested in Bluelight as well. Mysteries, especially unsolved ones, such as the aim of the project, if they already have trained other groups after Narbon's escape, when will (not if, we know they're coming) they strike, what havoc they'll bring down on us, all drive me up the wall. You know, The goodies! I love the suspence but I'll take any scraps of info that I can get!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:24 pm 

I'm quite looking forward to your oncoming madness Desius. I wonder, will you end up a utterly changed henchman, a partner....or a nemesis?
Hmmm. Pity Chicgeek decided to go on a roadtrip. Who knows when she'll notice the ominous countdown on her computer? However it plays out, it'll be interesting.
And I enjoy your sense of humor. Arguing with the coffeemaker,heh. Or could that be the inkling of a forthcoming mad ability-talking to(or god forbid,controlling) machines?
"But I tell you we're doomed! The toaster! Don't trust it!"
"Sure,sure,mac, just let us get you comfy in this nice straightjacket."
Hee.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:26 pm 

Yes, pity you did, or I'd have gotten the chance to apologize in person. Oh, and sorry about the surly AI, it's just upset that all it seems to be doing is working as a glorified answering machine. I love the connection between two unconnected things that has been made, as that's what having so many mad scientists is all about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:42 pm 

It's certainly fun to watch, that's for sure.
I for one look forward to seeing our two superintelligent (er, well, one super one just regular intelligent) rabbits working together. . .

As for me? Well, Prof. Tinker does have a day-job you know. . .

Post subject: I hate to say this...
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:48 pm 

The next couple of days are going to be rough for me. I may not be able to post at all this week... I apologize for this, and everything will be fine by next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:18 pm 

"Aww shucks son, I do reckon this..."
*ahem*
That stinks Prof. I hope it's nothing serious and just work or something keeping you busy. Either way man, I hope everything goes better for you.
Hurry back, we're going to have hero withdrawal without you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:30 pm 

I don't know, at least two mads have decided to pull temporary hero duty. Maybe it's to correct the cosmic imbalance that is Zorbot missing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:01 pm 

Hey, even mads can have friends. They'll always have an eye out for doublecrosses, and a secret plan for taking them down if need be, but friends nevertheless. :D

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:16 pm 

A true friend isn't the one you know you don't have to worry about backstabbing you, but the one you know that if they do, you both go down.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 100  Next