Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Shameless self-promotion! Also figurines!
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:00 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

Hey! Hey folks!

I made an Etsy store!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OctomouseFigurines#

It's going to have various polymer clay thingamabobs in it, with an emphasis on figurines. There's not very much in it yet, but lookit! It has Octomouse! How can you say no to Octomouse?

MSW members can contact me directly for a discount on custom orders, and Chic gets one free thing of her choice because she sent me a nifty oven. It came today, by the way! Thanks Chic!

*sits at the storefront, feeding Octomouse anchovies with cheese and looking pleased*

Post subject: Re: Shameless self-promotion! Also figurines!
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:15 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

EEE!!! Go Geneve!

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 am 
Heh heh heh.

Eeeee! Congrats, Geneve! I should get one of those...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:20 pm 

Got a commission~ It's from an MSW member and I'm not sure if it's okay to share details or not, so I won't just yet. =3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:41 am 

I have a pendant from Geneve! I asked for a tree, and the only detail I gave her was deciduous. I just got it today. I hung it on the wall to take a picture-not the best picture, sorry. It's very nifty. I like the texture in the blue sky background, gives it a feeling of movement and wind.

Attachments:
gencon mantofev katie hannah 014.jpg
gencon mantofev katie hannah 014.jpg [ 25.3 KiB | Viewed 1325 times ]

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:25 pm 

Here are some better images of the pendant, for those who are curious:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:59 pm 

Okay, I'm going to shamelessly piggyback onto Geneve's thread rather than start a new one. Yep, I have an Etsy, too.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StudioLTD Everybody here can have a discount, just ask. And if you want something custom, we'll talk. Not much in the shop yet, but it will be added to regularly. Funky canes added as soon as I figure out how to safely ship the darn things without it costing an arm and a leg.
And yes, I plan on more raygun in case of airship pirates break glass shadowboxes. They're fun to do.

C Valente

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:25 pm 

Lookie! Someone did a blog post about my store, and there's a jewelry giveaway!
megansbeadeddesigns.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/meet-linda-from-studioltd-enter-to-win-a-free-brooch/
Not trolling my friends for sales, I'm just happy and wanted to show off. :)

C Valente