Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:16 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Bwahahahaha!

Chic, you did an excellent job keeping that interesting.

I like these things. They're a good way to describe and flesh out a character without dragging drama into it.

Except that the guy playing David Toboz was just dropped into a vat of acid. We're going to need another naive and idealistic young wanna-be hero.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:30 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

What? You sound like that'd be hard to find. This is Hollywood, Toby. Go to the street corner yell that you need an actor for a hit show, and brace yourself.
Toby, Toby, Toby, what 'ave we told you 'bout show-buisness, you schmuck? You just schlock about and Bam, you got luftmensch beaking down your door. You just let you uncles fix this whole thing right up for you. You're mishpocha now. It's the least we could do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:44 pm 

Back to the online yiddish dictionary...

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:51 pm 

Oops, sorry. I forget that not everyone knows these. I'm just used to everyone tossing them around.
Shmuck- idiot, someone a bit dull, used commonly as both a term of endearment or an insult. Alot like Bubba in standard english
shlock- messy, unrully. In this case it means to ignore or try to do the least possible.
luftmensch- dreamers, someone with no head for buisness or money
mishpocha- Family. and by family I mean large extend famlies. Like invite you grandparents and cousin thrice removed. And your in-laws as well and all their family. Big is an understatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:52 pm 

Actiuallly, I understood that fine. And don't worry about him- we keep a back-up clone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:34 pm 

Hee, no worries, Des! Some of it I know, and it's doing wonders for my vocabulary!
I speak redneck, myself....and I'm fluent in geek, as well.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:43 am 

Oh my god. That was unbelievably funny. I did a spit-take on my monitor when I read about the Arm's humanitarian efforts.
Where... how did you think this stuff up?
It's priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:31 am 
Hyperkeeper

The Interviews have been split off into their own topic, "Interviews!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:30 pm 

A Tales Of Madness Production

From Mad Science Studios

A Mad In Time

Episode I
A Part-Time Job
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thaddeus was running. He was running as he had never run before.

-Dodge the trashcan
-Jump over the pedestrian
-Vault the Professor's Gate

Thad panted for a moment and knocked on the door. "Hello, Thaddeus. You're right on time come in," said Doctor Kirington.

They walked into his sitting room. "Sit down my dear boy, please," said the tough old man before Thad. "Now let's get down to business." He handed Thaddeus a paper. "If you still want to work for me after you read this sign at the bottom."

The Paper Read:

"I the undersigned. Hereby pledge my services to one Doctor Hector A. Kirington. I shall, upon the signing of this document, not reveal any of Doctor Kirington's secrets or plans to anyone unless given permission by Doctor Kirington. In return, I shall receive protection from harm by anything I encounter in this work and care for any injuries I receive during the commission of this work. In return I shall receive monetary payment of __________ (amount to be determined through bargaining) and a portion of any profits that I help Doctor Kirington to gain. I shall also recieve any profits I gain during the commission of this work.

Signature_______________

Also: No one will believe you if you tell them about this."

"You want a henchman," said Thad.

"What?" exclaimed Dr. Kirington.

"You see," said Thaddeus. "I have experience in this type of work. It's like I'm cursed with it. I'll work for you."

"Good then," said the Doctor trying to regain his composure. "How much will you be wanting to be paid."

"Well," said Thad, "I'm trying to pay for my apartment."

"I'll pay you enough for your apartment then," said the Doctor as he rose from his chair. "Come along to the basement."

Thaddeus followed him down to the basement. Practically tripping on all of the stuff on the stairs. Once in the basement he looked around and saw machine parts everywhere except for a space that didn't have much in it.

"So what are you working on?" asked Thad.

"Well you aren't going to be so much my assistant as my companion. You see Thaddeus I've developed time travel. My machine is right there under a S.E.P. field."

And then Thad saw it. A large pink box painted to look like a pig with the meat clearly marked. "A Somebody Else's Problem field. Clever professor." Inside Thaddesu was screaming at himself: You should have asked what he was working on. "Time Travel is nothing but trouble," said Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great Grand Uncle Timothy. "It leads to nothing but trouble." But no Thad. You had to go and get yourself work with a time traveler.

"Come Along Thaddeus."

He sighed and followed the Doctor around to the back of the pig. The Doctor reached up and pulled down the tail opening the door.

"After you," said Dr. Kirington.

Thad walked in to find it sparsely filled. Machines Lined the walls and two hammocks were at the back along with two closets.

"So Thaddeus, would you like to go get anything before we go?"

"No thanks Doc'. I've got everything I need on me."

"Okay then," said the Doctor as he scurried about flipping knobs and switches. He went over to one large purple button and pushed it.

SHABLAMO

They were both thrown to the floor.

"So Thaddeus. Have you ever wanted to go to the Middle Ages?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Episode I: A Part-Time Job

Coming Soon: Episode II: A Medieval Affair

Last edited by That Guy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:49 pm 

Footsteps, quieter than any assassins.

"Hello, Desius."

Silence.

"*sigh*. Not speaking with me again?"

".... maybe." Desius sat down, bringing his knees up to his chest.

"I heard you and Andrew got in a scuffle."

"No, *he* went and got himself bullied, and I fought 'em. They're alive."

"Thats good, although you don't need to specify that, you know."

"Except I wanted to kill them. I thought you'd like that I didn't."

Eric smiled slightly, adjusting his glasses. He was standing in the kitchen, putting the last touch on a batch of cookies.

"I do. But I'm more pleased that you helped Andrew." he said, adding a pinch of something from a small tube marked with what looked like an unintelligible equation to the cookie dough.

"... there were four of them." he said, letting one of his feet swing slightly, a frown on his young face.
"And they were bigger than him. Thats not fair." he said quietly.

Eric smiled broadly, laughing softly.
"Nope! No it isn't. And thats just why they did it that way- the odds were in their favor. Most people prefer the odds to be in their favor, and don't care how they get them that way. And when people tip the odds in their favor by attacking those who cannot defend themselves, then they are doing something wrong." he paused, taking out a pan and waving Desius over, handing him a spoon.

"Here- drop little bits of batter, about a spoonful, in a grid pattern." he explained, rolling up the sleeves of Desius' shirt so that he wouldn;t get dough on them.
As they started to tray out the cookie dough, Eric continued.

"Now, this doesn't mean that fighting with the odds against you is inherently noble, either. Usually, it's some degree of stupid and if someone starts talking enthusiastically about it, try and make an excuse to leave the room- fast. But there *are* other ways to up your odds without being cowardly, or doing anything wrong."

"... How?"

"By being strong. If you strive to be as strong as you can, then you can protect the people you care about. In the end, thats what being a Hero is about. Being able to keep people you love safe, no matter what it takes."
Eric popped the Trays into the oven, twisting a number of dials before closing the Door.

The oven hummed oddly for a second, before glowing red and making a brief *pop* noise. The smell of fresh-baked cookies permeated the room, and Eric pulled out the perfectly done cookies.

"So Is that how you knew I was behind you? By being strong?" asked Desius, after they were both seated with fresh cookies and some milk.

"Oh, heavens no! You're good. I just keep a lot of reflective surfaces in here- you only need to have a pie stolen by ninja once before you start taking precautions." he said, surprising Desius into laughter.

"Ha ha! Victory! One point for Eric Epsilon, master of the amusing anecdote!" he cried triumphantly, standing up with one foot on his chair, gesturing dramatically with a cookie.

"Why did he want a pie?"

"They', not 'he'. Ninja is a singular and plural term. And sit down, Daddy. You're getting crumbs everywhere" said Andrew, walking in to get a cookie. Even though he was a little older, Desius was a bit taller than him still.

"Okay, fine. Why did *they* want a pie?" Desius said, making a slight face at Andrew.

"Well, it all started when I received a most amazing recipe via a friend of mine from the Wulfenbach lands, in return for aide in the great Hat Shenanigans." began Eric, sitting down to tel a story to the next generation of Heroes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:13 am 

Perfect.

C Valente

Post subject: Meet Dr. Ethan Entropy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:05 pm 

All things in this Universe, as far as we can tell, Die eventually.
Planets, suns, galaxies, people.
And no one knew this better than Dr. Ethan Entropy, master of the Chaos that destroys our world.

And yet, as he stood before the grave of his life-long enemy, he felt nothing but disbelief. It just couldn't be.
Eric Tinker couldn't be dead. People died all the time, but Eric was a Hero.
He was supposed to come back. That's what Heroes Do.
He was older than he once was, a distinguished stripe of steel Grey marking his messy black hair now. He was thin as a rake, with sharp features and mad, wide black eyes. He dressed as a villain should, in a classy black and silver suit. He had a habit of looking constantly like he had been told some odd joke by the universe, except now.
Now, he just looked angry.

"... you Idiot. Can't even die properly- you're supposed to leave a body! that way I could- I mean, someone could bring you back." he said sharply, glaring at the statue they had made for his headstone- Eric, exactly as he was in Life.
Labcoat, thin dandelion-style hair, glasses, soft smile and all, standing as if he was just turning to face you, carved out of marble. at his feet was a few stone beakers, and a plaque.
It read, simply
'Eric Epsilon Nucleus Tinker, Mad Scientist, Hero.
Brother, Husband, Father, Experiment, and Friend.
We'll miss you
.'

Ethan glared for a moment, before looking away, wiping his eyes.
"Damn it. You never followed the rules, anyways. Always saying I was still your best friend, even after i went evil and everything... always with that damn smile of yours."

After a second, he sighed and sat down on the ground, muttering darkly to himself.
"... I'm retiring. Not much point now, is there? I already have my own little country, that's good enough. Severitia is beautiful right now... I'm thinking of inviting your son and Katty to come stay sometime. We're working out a treaty with England: I give them back Big Ben and they keep their damn agents out of my labs."
He trailed off, taking out the laser-pointer he had been Willed by Eric out of his pocket, fiddling with it.

"... so, I suppose you know what I have to do now, Epsilon. I mean, I always said I would. I- I just figure, it's the least I owe you... old Friend." with that, he stood, brushing himself off.

Standing in front of the headstone, he pulled out a small gadget, hitting a button.
It unfolded into a tiny, robotic orchestra, which began to play an elegant waltz.
And Ethan Entropy Danced, as he always said he would (but hoped he wouldn't have to), on his Nemesis' grave.

Last edited by FriendlyTroll on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm 

I'm starting a petition. Bring back Eric Epsilon Tinker-or-BEET!
C'mon, there's quantum physics involved...

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:46 pm 

Hmm... actually, I'm kind of warming to the Idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:08 pm 

Why quantum physics chic. Why you could steal another copy of him from the lab where he was made = Then you'd steal his soul from hell, obliterating the barely formed one in the new Eric Tinker. Ahem.

I vote bring him back, but at the moment when it will be the most dramatic. After all he is a Hero.

P.P.* Is it obvious that I've thought through this already?

*Post Post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:56 pm 

A little something more light hearted,from Chic's past-

"ESCAPE!"
"WooHoo!"
The two teens looked at each other and laughed, hair blowing wildly with the top down. The younger one grinned ,"Better slow it down a little,goth girl.Can we at least get out of town before we get arrested?"
"Quit whining, geek girl. Or I'll make you get out and walk."
"Yeah? Then's who's going to fix this rust bucket when it breaks down? Again?"
"Nerd."
"Punk."
"Yeah,yeah. So who's the one with the driver's license?"
"Hmmf. I'm still a better driver, And I can make a great fake id, as you well know."
"Hey-I'm 16.I can pass for 18-especially with this nifty piece of plastic you fixed up. But Em,girl, you're 14-and you don't even look that! Ain't no fake id in the world gonna help you there."
"Hush. We have the summer before us!"
"Our last summer. You going to college-crazy.Aren't you afraid your dad'll try to stop you?"
"Yeah, well, uncle came through.He's technically my guardian until I'm 18."
"Huh. And I thought he was a dick."
"He is,he is. I'm supposed to be working at the lab this summer."
"So won't he be ticked?"
"So what? I have spending money-thanks to our partnership. Selling term papers, fixing college extrance exams for all the rich kids.You were the perfect go between."
"Anytime, my little partner in crime. Suprised the hell outta me when you came up with it."
"Hey, those jocks and losers made both our lives miserable. Only right they should pay for our escape. We need some music-how about Jimmy Eat World? Then maybe Flogging Molly."
"Better than that country crap."
"Take that back!"
"Make me! Country is crap."
"Yeah, but bluegrass is *not* country. I still wanna hit that bluegrass festival."
"Gak. Isn't it bad enough you're a science nerd?"
"Geek. Not nerd, geek. I'm going to spend the rest of my life inventing stuff."
"You're freaking me out,Em. What's next-muahahaha? Fools! I'll destroy you all!"
"Bite me, goth girl. Did I not get this POS running, with stero,even? Did I not send several volts of electricity through Tommy Jansen-and not get caught?"
"You did,you did, my little amiga. You know...Em,you are freaky smart. I know we joke about it,but...y'know, it would'nt suprise me if you did, y'know..."
"And if I did?"
"Hmm., maybe it'll cure your deplorable taste in music."
They dissolve into giggles, as they head for adventure.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:02 pm 

Cool. Nice to see someone around here got a semi normal 14th year. Ok, so it's not normal at all, but it is cool, and that's good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:07 pm 

Hee! Chic was a cute teenager- and I like the completely accurate fortune she gets. 'Muahahaha' indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:19 pm 

Just havin' fun. I've been too serious with her lately, and needed to make it lighten up a bit. Her buddy was pretty perceptive.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:22 pm 

Heh, based on the way it seems to work in these back story tales, I think we'll see Chic's friend again real soon. I'm curious if it going to be as friend or foe though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:28 pm 

You're giving me ideas,Des. I'll have to sleep on it.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:33 pm 

I loved this piece, Chic!

You're right. We need to get past the serious stuff for a bit and get back to the lighthearted things.

Serious stuff can wait for a bit. Heh heh heh.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:36 pm 

My, the posting is fast and furious tonight!
Yeah, light heartedness is called for.
It's nice having so many different places to post on this forum-the wars,the lounge, the tales,ect ect. Lets us mix angst & anguish with silliness.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:39 pm 

Speaking of which, I need to get that next Tinker twin installment done!
I've been in rehearsals- no excuse, 'tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:42 pm 

Oooh! Can I ask what play?

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:50 pm 

It;s a troupe that writes it;s own material- sketches that we then string together for a show. usually, we preform in th winter, but we got invite to preform at a summer thing so we're grabbing some of previous years material and going for it!
I even wrote one of the scripts- 'Media Killed The Rock and Roll Star'. Short comedy piece about overreaction and media influence about new music.
The downside is that rehearsals send me into a coma- especially combined with wicked allergy's I've had lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:58 pm 

Sounds cool-break a leg!
Allergy tip. Buy honey produced in the area-maybe 50-100- miles? and have a little every day. Mini allergy shot. And just be glad you don't live in my part of the country. When you ask a doctor here what he reccomends for your allergies, the answer is-Move!

No rush on the Tinker Twins. Let it wait until the mood hits.

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:19 am 

A Mad In Time

Episode II
A Medieval Affair
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Kirington pointed to the closets, "There are some disguises in there." He quickly threw on a plain woolen tunic, some leggings, and a tool belt. Thaddeus dressed similarly. "Thaddeus please leave all modern technology in here."

Thad sighed and took his ray-gun, laser pocket knife, grenades, and his watch in a pile by the closet.

The Doctor suppressed his surprise at all of the weapons. "Verily then my good fellow. Forget not to speak in a manner likened to the residents of this time."

They left the time machine and entered an old forest. There was narrow path a short distance a way. They decided to follow it where it led.

After Some Time...

There were shouting voices up ahead. "Come Thaddeus, let us meet the people ahead."

They rounded a bend in the path. "Greetings if you be friends we should meet," said Dr. Kirington.

The men turned their horses to face them. They looked anything but friendly. A mounted man pushed his way through the others. "Excuse mine men. They are not a polite lot."

"That is fine with mine companion and I," said the Doctor.

"Greetings my good men. I am called Captain Roderic, and this is my company. Where art thou headed that thou wouldst be without horses in the Dark Forest?"

"My name is Goodman Kirington. I am a roaming blacksmith and this is my apprentice Thaddeus." Thaddeus waved his hand. "Our horses started last night, a snake frightened them, and they escaped."

"Well I canst allow thou to wander in the forest. Ride with us. We have extra horses."

Captain Roderic's men helped them to mount up. Thaddeus sat comfortably on his horse while the Doctor seemed to be unable to spend a second balanced correctly on his. He rode next to Thad. "How are you staying on that thing," he whispered.

"I learned to horseback ride as a child," said Thaddeus. "Our companions are hiding something. They are riding in defensive formation, and their eyes are darting around suspiciously towards the woods. We should be on guard."

"Relax Thaddeus, you're being paranoid."

A while later the Captain stopped his men, "Prepare for battle." The men pulled there swords from their sheaths and pulled their shields up tight.

"What should I do Thaddeus?" panicked the Doctor.
"Just get down and stay down," said Thaddeus fiercely.

Suddenly a hail of arrows came out of the woods on both sides. Then out rode men on horses swinging their swords above their heads. They swooped down onto the band. Confusion fell on the scene. As the men engaged the attackers.

Dr. Kirington looked to his side only to see that Thad had left his horse. He rushed down amongst the men. He grabbed a sword from the hand of one of the fallen.

He rushed about ducking under the blades and cutting saddle-straps. He stabbed a man in the side and took his sword as well. Suddenly he was on the edge of the battle. There was a man there sitting upon his horse and watching the battle with a smile.

Then he saw Thaddeus. He turned his horse and rode at Thad. Thaddeus in turn ran toward the man. The man swung his sword at where Thad had been. He would have been there if he hadn't jumped up onto the horse's head and sliced the man's neck. He jumped from the horse as it rode on with its dead master.

Meanwhile Captain Roderic's men had lost there fight. He and several of his men had been captured along with the Doctor. One of the assailants shouted, "He has killed Cronze." The men rode up surrounded and disarmed him.

They took their prisoners to a large castle nearby. The one who was apparently the leader shouted, "We've captured them."

"Great," shouted the man up on the wall. "Open the gate!" he said to some others.

They were taken to an inner room. It was a loud dinning hall. "Mi'Lord," said the leader of the captors.

"What is it Davond," said the noble distractedly.

"Lord Wenstran, we have captured Roderic and some of his rogues," said Davond.

"Oh good," he turned to a man at his side. "Iscimuth, take these men from Captain Davond."

Lord Wenstran turned back to his food. After a moment he looked up. "Davond, where is my son, Cronze, he'll want to regale me with tales of his exploits."

"Mi'Lord, Master Cronze was killed."

"What!" exclaimed Wenstran. "Who has killed him?"

"That one," said Davond as he pointed at Thaddeus. "He killed your son Mi'Lord."

"Iscimuth," said the Wenstan angrily. "Take special care of that one."

Wenstran then began to sit completely still. A young woman ran up to him. "Father," she cried.

"Captain Davond," said Iscimuth. "Put them in the dungeon. I will deal with them later."

Captain Davond lead his men down to the dungeon and had them throw the prisoners into a cell.

"This is horrible," said Roderic. "We've been given to Iscimuth. Lord Wenstan's torturer. He's Madder than Life itself. We shalt be put to the worst torture his depraved mind can concoct."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Episode II: A Medieval Affair

Coming Soon: Episode III: Doomed Men

Last edited by That Guy on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:19 pm 

~In the M Headquarters, office of Dr.Electrode, staff physician. Transcript of security tapes.~

"Hey, Doc."

"Stop calling me Doc."

"Sure thing, Doc. You get in the health report yet?"

"Yes, yes. Everything seems fine- that Virus we got in the mail wasn't found in anyone, so I think we're clean. Except...."

"Except what, Doc?"

"Well, it's just Dr.Tinker."

"What, the Nutty Professor? What about him"

"... you honestly call him that? Anyways, some funny things turned up in his DNA test."

"You *do* those?!"

"well, of course. If any employee here has been replaced by a shape-shifting amoeba or something we want to know about it."

"Okay, so what's the issue?"

"Here. Let me read you the result I got back of his genome origins"
*paper rustling*
"Human- with strong Science Related Mimetic Disorder- Good and Evil active. Unknown, non-terrestrial origin- Also SRMD, Good positive. Jägermonster."

"What?!"

"You heard me. I can even give you the family sources. Tinker- traced back to Io and Viktor, may I add- and Risk. Non-Terrestrial Origin source un-freaking-known- with *one* potential source. But that source? Only matches up with a sample from the freaking Victorian age- where do we *get* these guys?!"

"What, the Victorians? Time-machine mishap. Apparently the left clockwise widget slipped, blew the whole engine out of whack. Vivian and Horatio are damn fine agents though-"

"That's not what I meant! I meant Dr. Tinker. I tried to look it up and I hit a Clearance wall with a- get this- Level NINE clearance needed to get through it!"

"... Doc, have you met The Proffessor?"

"Yes. Of course."

"What did you think of him?"

"Really nice. Polite- seemed like a sweetheart. He had um, Fredric with him, and he honestly treated him like his child. He hardly seemed to notice my- um, condition."

"Because he likely didn't. That's the way he is. You've had a rough time since Skinhorse picked you up, right? Well, you'll never find a better friend than that man. Personally? I'm willing to leave it at that."

"... okay, I'll try to. But honestly? Jägermonster?"

"That would be from Dr. Viktor. He;s half Jäger, as i understand it. Nice man. Good sense of humor. Dangerous as a H-Bomb in a shooting range."

"Huh. Why have you *met* him? You're not a field agent- you're a programmer."

"Ooooooohhh poor, naive Doc. You're in M now. Everyone is, can be, and will be a field agent. Hell, we've got a pool going on how long it takes you to get a nemesis! So, you know, if you could tick off a 'Mua-Ha-Ha' around, say, July 17th or so..."

"Get out of my office. And stop calling me Doc!"

"Whateva you say, Doc!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:05 pm 

Hee hee! I Like! So, is M dept. part of Skinhorse, or the other way around? Or shall it just be left up in the air?

C Valente

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next