Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Mad Sci Wars: The Second Battle Practice Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:55 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

As SiB once said...

SoItBegins wrote:
All those of you who are patiently waiting for your Mad Scientist Wars invitations, don't despair! Here, in this thread, you can practice warring with your other Mad Scientist wannabes. Tinfoil hats are available at the door.

Best of luck!

...heh heh heh. :twisted:

Essentially, this thread is for prospective players who would like to join Mad Sci Wars: The Second Battle, but have yet to get an invitation into the main game. Feel free to play your character here to your heart's content. As to be expected, none of this is in the continuity of the main game...

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject: Re: Mad Sci Wars: The Second Battle Practice Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:50 am 

So...

would anyone like a mint?

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:09 pm 
New Madsci

"....Why thank you" Anna grabs the mint and tosses it to Sheila "Eat it"

"What I-" stuttered the former villainess

"EAT IT!"

"Yes ma'am" and obediently the henchwoman pops it in her mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:54 pm 

He folds his arms and watches as the woman abruptly poofs into a 3-tailed venomous gerbil-manticore.

"What, did you think it'd switch someone's gender?"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:03 pm 
New Madsci

Anna gave Sheila a poke who gave her "partner" a glare "Nah, but I've learned never to eat something that someone I don't know hands out"

She smiles brightly "Besides I am sure that she'll turn back eventually"

Sheila chatters angrily and scuttles towards the Docter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:07 pm 

Oh dear... I think it might be time to run...

*Turns and starts running*

If I can just... find my... freeze ray... in my... backpack! *Reaches around his back into his backpack fondling with things*

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:18 pm 
New Madsci

Anna chuckles sofly and takes a seat on a nearby bench.

Sheila, still clacking with anger, propelled itself into the air, heading straight for the poor doctor.

"I'd turn her back if I were you doctor!" Anna called cheerfully.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:52 pm 

Zobot ran, looked behind him. "She shouldn't take it too personally! It'll wear off in a few..."

"A few what? Seconds? Minutes?"

"Months!" he increased his running speed... and then smacked straight into a concrete wall.

The not-Good doctor found himself trapped between a wall and a vicious manticore-gerbil. "Gah! It might be the end! I have but one chance..." Abruptly, he pointed straight forward. "LOOK BEHIND YOU! A THREE HEADED MONKEY!"

Without waiting to see if the transformed human reacted, he tucked and rolled out from behind the wall, and kept on the move.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:15 pm 
New Madsci

"Oh, thats Sheila" Anna laughed "She takes everything personally"

Sheila didn't look around but was thrown of by the roll and she smacked slam into the wall. The impact jolted something and a couple seconds later she sat up rubbing her head "What...happened?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:10 pm 
Established Mad Scientist
Established Mad Scientist

A man appeared - tall, lean, and with a gleam in his eye. But, most noticeably, he was also hefting a death-ray of a most elegant and classical appearance.

Did I hear someone mention the rare three-headed monkey? They're going extinct, you know. Ergo, I must have one for my trophy case before they're gone!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:01 pm 
New Madsci

It is either imaginary or only he Chione points at the other doctor has it

She turned to Sheila come here

Sheila rubbed her head and walked over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm 

"Err...um...err..." Zobot winced. He was caught in his own lie and briefly aware of how vulnerable he was. Fortunately, it was at this point that his roving hand was able to grasp one of the weapons from his backpack. He yanked out a gun that ended in what looked to be a trident of sorts, and narrowed his eyes, hefting it dangerously. "HEY! I'M A MAD SCIENTIST HOLDING A WEIRD LOOKING GUN! EVERYONE PUT YOUR DANGEROUS IMPLEMENTS DOWN OR I START SHOOTING AND BITING THINGS!"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:28 pm 
New Madsci

"Ummmmmm" the two ladies glance at each other "Panic?"

Sheila knocked over a nearby metal case and crouched behind it, to be joined by Chione several seconds later, fiddling with something on her glove.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:01 pm 

"Mweheehee..." Zobot grinned, raising the weapon up and cackling. "Finally! I'm not anyone's whipping boy or victim! Finally I'm feared and respected! FINALLY I'M SHOWING THOSE FOOLS!"

He glared over at the man with the death ray. "Drop it on the floor and put your back against the wall, foolish mortal! Ahahahaha!"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

"Ah HA! O darn it, hold on." A man with a trench coat and a fedora jumps around the corner. "Unhand that gun you fiendish fiend! I got the drop on you!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:34 am 

Hmm... it seems someone's trying to be a hero. Zobot turned around and glared at the newcomer. "And what do you intend on doing? You don't even have a death ray!"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:24 am 

*checks through his pockets* oh crap you are right! I must have left it in the car. but I do have this! *throws some small pellets at bursts into red smoke*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:34 am 

He coughs loudly and chokes. "W-what is this smoke? Is that *wheeze* Chili powder?" He feels his lungs burn as he drops his raygun, which fires abruptly, off into the distance. "Oh...you're gonna... *gag* pay for that..."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 am 

"MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait I should do something now huh" I put on a makeshift mask and make a dash at the raygun. Unfortunately I misjudged and over shot the gun and stumbled past. "Curses!"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:54 pm 

Professor Zobot grinned evilly and then wheezed again, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small raygun. He pointed it at the trenchcoated man's leg and fired, quickly freezing the leg in a block of ice.

"Heh heh heh...Cold feet, eh? Better run away..."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:35 pm 

"You kidding? If I run away now, what would my parents say? What would my coach say? What would Mr. Fluffy say?" The man used his frozen leg to slide towards Zobot and barreled into him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:38 pm 

"Waaaaugh!" Professor Zobot blinked as the man crashed into him, falling over on the ground, random devices scattering around all over the floor. "NO! My inventions! My brilliant, brilliant inventions!"

He scrambled over the floor to try and recover them before anyone else picked one up.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:41 pm 

The man took this moment to brink out a small device and placed it against the frozen leg. a moment later the ice began to brake apart. "I will have you yet you villainous fiend of nature!"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:47 pm 

Zobot felt a bit desperate. He didn't have anything left! Time to try bluffing... He snarled up at the man. "Ha HA! No you don't, for I have one of These!" He reached into his pocket and pulled out the first thing he found in it: A sphere made of brightly red tinted glass. "One of the sacred...uh... World...spheres! So step back and run away unless you wish to feel it's wrath!"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:54 pm 

*Gasp!* "One of the sacred world spheres! But but those are just rumors! It can't be!" The man took a hesitant step back. "What are you doing, you don't even know what it does? Who cares, that thing looks dangerous. So? even if it looks dangerous, does not mean it is. Are you willing to take that chance? Point taken." the man said in a low voice. he seemed to be arguing with himself out loud.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:47 pm 

Zobot tilted his head. "What are you, Mad? I mean, moreso than to be expected, anyway." He stood back up. "So keep back! I've got a sacred world sphere and I'm pretty sure I know how to use it!" He tilted the sphere so that light flowed into the sphere and poured onto the man's face.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:09 pm 

"Ah HA! You fell for my trap!" The man quickly brought out a pocket mirror and bounced the light back to Zobot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:17 pm 
New Madsci

Anna suddenly jumped up and yelled "Surprise" throwing two large yellow spheres crackling with electricity at the two opponents. Then she took cover.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:32 pm 

The man caught one of the yellow spheres with his free hand with almost lighting speed. "Yo..." That is when the electricity flowed through his body. The man's boy was racked in convulsions but amazingly still kept standing. Oh the agony! Is this the end of our intrepid adventurer?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:40 am 

Professor Zobot retrieved all his insidious devices and looked over at Anna. "Of course you know what we must do now. We have to collaborate together to construct a terrifying death trap to put him into that will horrify him with it's insidiousness and evility. It's what he'd do if he was in our position, I'm sure."

"Actually, I'd-"

"WHAT HE'D DO, I'M SURE!" Zobot dusted off his labcoat. "Now then... are you more partial to axes or paraniahs?"

-Xin Yun

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next