Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Mad Sci Wars: The Second Battle Practice Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Still stand but very wobbly, the man continued to talk but in a slower and weaker pace. "You think I will go down that easy? For I am the infamous private detective, Elijah Markey. None shall stand in my way of jus...." Falls face down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:45 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

*About an hour later*

Professor Zobot grinned. The subject was currently being suspended just feet over a pit of lava, restrained from falling in by ropes tied around both his arms and his feet. If he tried to move any of his limbs on his own he ran the risk of getting it free only to fall into the lava below. "There, that should prove adequate for when he wakes up. Now then... back to evil research..."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:42 am 

Eljiah finally came too but training forced him to give no outward indication that he was awake. He slowly took in his surroundings by hearing. Once he was sure that nobody else was in the room, only then did he open his eyes. "lava, how original" he thought. He wiggled his right hand just free enough to reach into one of his pants pocket. He took out a bottle looking device and pointed towards the lava.

It took a while but eventually the device was shaking the particles in the opposite direction thus reducing the amount of energy and cooling the lava where it is safe to touch. He then pocketed the device and proceeded to struggle out of his bounds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:44 pm 

Zobot, meanwhile, was relaxing in his study, sitting on a couch and reading about a new type of evil alternative energy source powered by collected animal souls. He was amusing himself, with a warm cup of hot cocoa in his hand and a blanket over his body. "Mmm...I wonder if that hero's died or escaped yet?"

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:55 pm 

Once free, Elijah placed himself behind the vat so that anyone coming through the door would not see him. "No use to escape if I am just going to leave myself open to another attack." he said to himself softly. He brought out is echo location device and turned it on. It emits a low frequency and shows him a 3d layout of a room with accuracy up to 50 yards from the device. With the device on his wrist, Eljiah brought out his sonic pistol cannon. "HA! YOU THINK I WILL BE STOPPED IN SUCH A SIMPLE WAY FIEND!" Eljiah yelled. "I WILL END YOUR REIGN OF TERROR!" With that, Elijah slowly made his way out of the room.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:03 pm 

Professor Zobot sighed. "Oi... fine. If you insist on fighting, we'll fight. But first, we have to do this properly. Here." He stood up and handed a large sheet of paper to the other man. "Here...you have to properly fill out this form before we can officially fight. Proper procedures and practices, you know. Take your time... I'll just be here, finishing my reading."

He sat back down to read as his opponent looked down at the form in confusion.

What was written on it:

Please answer every question honestly and carefully.

1) If question 1 is true, than question 2 is false. T/F

2) If question 2 is false, than question 3 must be true. T/F

3) If question 3 is true, than question 1 must be false. T/F

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:30 pm 

"hmmmm" Elijah started to draw a diagram in his head. "Ok so if statement 1 is true then 2 is false. which would reverse the action of statement 2 thus saying statement 3 is is false. If statement 3 is false then logically statement 1 is true. hmm. OK I got it."

Statement 1:True
Statement 2: false
Statement 3: false

"You are truly evil. I HATE PAPER WORK!" Fuming, Elijah thrusts the paper back. "Happy?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:37 pm 

Zobot looked over the paperwork and tutted. "Ah, but if question 2 is false, question 3 must be true. You've done it incorrectly... you'll have to do it over. I apologize, yada yada, go ahead and redo it. But you'll have to pay me $20 for a new form, because that one's written on already."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 pm 

"Ah HA! I got you there! Since statement 2 is made false by statement 1, it is no longer valid or true THEREFORE is a lie and don't have to be listened to. Besides I don't carry cash. I find it to be too cumbersome"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:54 pm 

Zobot sighed. "Oh very well. Then finishing that form authorizes you to work on this short form A2-Z right here." He opened a desk drawer and withdrew a humongous stack of papers and dropped it onto the man's hands. "Have fun!"

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:03 pm 

"Then I assert my authority by not completing the A2-Z form. After all, having the authority does not mean I have to exercise it." Elijah aimed his sonic handcannon at the stack of paper and blasts the paper to shreds and the desk underneath and part of the floor. "Oops. I can pay for that since I was not trying to bring you to justice."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:33 pm 

Zobot crossed his arms and looked sternly at the invading hero. "Very well then. Please pay me the $47.76 I paid for those forms before we commence with our epic showdown of ultimate destruction. If you don't have enough cash on hand there's an ATM down the Doom hall of ultimate death and pain."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:14 pm 

"hmmm hold that thought." Elijah pulled out a small device, the size of a thumb drive and click it on. It emits a sonic pulse that temperately stuns the target. "Now you stay there while I find the ATM." Elijah said and dashed off looking for the ATM. After all, it is not fitting for me to do battle against an immobile and a defenseless target.

What our hero does NOT know is the effect wears off quickly....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:31 pm 

A few minutes passed before Zobot recovered, pulling himself off the floor and scowling angrily. "That stunning sensation of his is rather unpleasant. I just might sue." He frowned and wiped some dust off his shoulders. "Of course, if he's been gone this long he's either dead or having trouble with the rather mouthy sentient ATM. I never COULD get that thing to stop being difficult with clients. Oh well. I might as well arm myself to the teeth while he wastes most of his resources getting to a talking ATM with an attitude."

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:28 am 

Elijah made his way to the ATM avoiding various of traps along the way. I expected more from this guy he thought. He finally reached the ATM and proceeded to withdraw some money.
I am afraid can't do that Dave.
My name is not Dave ok, it is Elijah Markey.
I am only programmed to call you Dave.
Just me? Not anyone else?
I call everyone Dave Dave.
Hmmm ok. This guy is not much of a programmer then
That sentence does not please me Dave.
Dully noted. Can I have my money then? Or at least my card back?
I can't do that Dave, you offended my creator.
Well I am offended by your behavior, we are even now.
I still can't complete your request Dave.
How about I just BLAST my card back huh!
violence will not get you anywhere Dave.
Yeah but it makes me feel better.
What are you doing Dave.
I will shut you down in a very painful way with my sonic cannon
Will I dream Dave?
I hop not. And my name is not Dave!

Elijah pulled out his sonic cannon an reduced the ATM machine to shreds. "What a shame, a waste of a perfectly good ATM card." Elijah blasted the remains to make sure no one can read his Card. With that, Elijah made his way back, being careful about traps and ambushes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:12 pm 

As Elijah swept back into the room, he came face to face with Zobot grinning fiendishly.

And then he realized it was not Zobot, but was in fact, a cardboard cut-out painted to LOOK like Zobot!

And THEN he realized that as he entered the room, that there wasn't any floor beneath the entryway on which he thought he was standing.

Immediately after his epiphany, he began to fall downward, in an unnecessarily long fall towards what looked to be a watery pit filled with several hungry Alligators.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:46 pm 

"The old cardboard and the false ground trick. I fall for it all the time, pun intended." Elijah pointed his sonic cannon towards the water, set it from "obliterate" to "Shaken but not stirred" and fired at the alligators below. the blast stunned the alligators like Zobot was except for a much longer period. Elijah then hit the water hard.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2