Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Labtable (Mad Sci Wars: Second Battle OOC thread)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 pm 
New Madsci

Professor Zobot wrote:
Two Mads had just encountered each other for the first time. What would result?

Why, they will completely ignore each other, of course! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:39 am 
New Madsci

Quote:
Has anyone heard anything from Edward? He seemed to vanish. As with the guy playing Molly...

Sorry about that, I should at least have posted in this thread.
Last week was finals week for me, so I din't had that much time to post.
I actualy did check the thread once or twice in the meantime, but the fact is: In her current situation my character can't do much ( she hardly think and she doesn't speak, the concept sounded great on paper but is actually much more harder to roleplay interestingly than I thought), so I din't saw any resons to post. (I alway post sparingly in Pbp games anyway.)
Now that I have the time and somme intersting ideas about what to do next, I'm gonna update her status.

Do you mind however, if I take avantage of the freeform nature of the game to make up a few couple of NPCs and places in my next update ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:49 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Underling wrote:
Do you mind however, if I take avantage of the freeform nature of the game to make up a few couple of NPCs and places in my next update ?

Not only do I not mind, it's encouraged. This game is for everyone, after all.

Yeah, I was supposed to post this morning. The truth is that my life is extremely chaotic lately (job hunting mixed with social obligations mixed with a new puppy mixed with family business obligations) and today I was called in as semi-reluctant assistance to help my dad's Autobody business. I'm writing this on my break, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still intending on posting sometime today, I just need to wait until I'm no longer needed here and then I'm going to be posting asap.

On a side note: New Monkey Island game! Whoo!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:42 pm 

BLARG!

I'll have a post finished by tomorrow morning! it's half-written, i'm just so tired and out of it. I'm sorry.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:35 am 

Ok...post is up.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:44 pm 
New Madsci

Hope I didn't take too much of a liberty there, but I figured, what the hell - the government wrote me a blank check, and why not go a little... Mad. *Rimshot*

Please don't shoot me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 am 

Alright. I won't shoot you.

I'll just experiment on you instead. *Gets out a syringe with an odd glowing purple liquid in it* Now come here...this'll only hurt a little...

Next post of mine tomorrow!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:13 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

Hey Zobot, you need to get over to Shackled City and post there, as well as in Dhavaer's game!

*Kicks him along on his way* :P

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:41 pm 

Rei_Jin wrote:
Hey Zobot, you need to get over to Shackled City and post there, as well as in Dhavaer's game!

*Kicks him along on his way* :P

Yikes! I completely forgot! I'm sorry, I'll post pretty punctually in intervals of time!

And by that I mean that I'll post immediately. Sorry!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:06 pm 

Arrgh... alright. I spent most of today helping my Dad do something that I didn't want to have to help him with.

Here's the deal. There WILL be a post tomorrow. I'm sorry I keep delaying.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:17 pm 

Arrgh! Ok, ok! I'm sorry!

Post will be up tomorrow. I haven't entirely forgotten, it's just that... *sighs* I'm just kinda having writer's block for what to have happen at this point. The problem with running a free form game is that everyone's kinda waiting on me and I keep having to think up new stuff.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:57 pm 

*Looks around surreptitiously*

*Finds no Professor Zobot*

*Sets the fuse on his insta-fairy bomb, causing anyone who enters the room once it goes off, to turn into a pixie*

*Leaves the room giggling as he hears the hiss of the bomb detonating*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:30 pm 

What happened... there was this explosion, and then... Oh very funny.

Hey, Rei Jin...want a mint? *Holds out a tray of mints with a sinister grin on his face, while fluttering*

Post up soon!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:03 pm 

Awesome... post up sometime tomorrow.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:01 pm 

*Looks at the mints on offer*

Hmm... never really enjoyed mints too much, but you're welcome to have some my toffee in return if you like, I hear that pixies love sugary treats.

*Pulls out a small tin and opens it, displaying pieces of toffee, some of them even layered with chocolate and caramel*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:37 am 

If you reply before I get around to it, Zobot, feel free to have Amy answer for Nicola. I'm a bit short on time at the moment, and it makes more sense for Amy to do the talking here anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:27 pm 

Ok, post tomorrow, to give Arcane and Dream a bit of a chance to post again.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:27 pm 
New Madsci

Oh, dear. So we have two characters charging blindly through a gas of unknown type, and someone firing a shrink ray at the same target, which might or might not malfunction. This can't end well (but it will end amusingly!)...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:37 pm 

Hooray for advancement of plot! And hooray for Brian getting bored of politics.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:36 am 

Next post up tomorrow morning!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:58 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

And soon Elijah is going to do something useful.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:50 pm 

Great to have you back, Hawk!

Incidentally, post will be up sometime tomorrow, sorry. I've had visitors most of today.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:15 pm 

Post up soon!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:44 pm 

Next post up sometime tomorrow night. I'm giving peoples a chance to post.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:20 pm 

finally posted. Yey me. Heh just imagine, a guy in a trench coat, pockets filled with strange devices, looking really tired but giggling and smiling to himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:50 am 

Grr... ok, post up tomorrow. Sorry guys!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:14 pm 

I'm sorry, it's done.

Look, long story short, I'm ending this game. The simple fact of the matter is that I don't really have time enough to juggle the four online, play-by-post games that I am currently semi-active in, and when it came down to it, this was the only one I found myself ever inventing excuses to give to people for not posting in. It's not to say that I didn't enjoy this game, I did in fact like it immensely, but for some reason when everyone begins looking to me as the single worldshaper who drives a storyforward in a game I can't seem to go for longer than a few months before petering out and wanting to flagellate myself, whatever the word flagellate actually means.

I like you guys a lot, and I'm sorry to end it like this. I feel like I'm letting you all down. But, as I said when I started this game, it's a GAME. It's meant to be fun. And if someone's not having fun with it anymore, there's something seriously wrong with them if they decide to keep doing it. If I kept pressing forward out of a sense of obligation or a desperate hope that it'd start being fun again, I'm pretty sure that I'd only be doing a disservice to all of you and myself by not presenting you with the best possible game I could run. So I'm sorry.

Anyone who wants to is more than welcome to apply for the other Mad Sci Wars game, still active and currently at a crossroads. It's not my call whether or not any of you get into it, but I could certainly put in a good word if you'd like. There is a considerable amount of continuity but unless you particularly want to make your character tie in with other people's characters knowing any of it isn't NECESSARY to become involved in the game at all. I will warn people that it's a lot more self-driven than everyone is used to, and not nearly as dependent on a GM to keep everything moving. It's also considerably more zany, although not without some serious moments.

Again, I'm sorry. If anyone has any leftover questions I would be happy to answer them for you. If anyone would want to take over running this game I'd be happy to pass them my notes and let them hop into the proverbial drivers seat instead. But as it is, I'm out.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:02 pm 

*Sigh*

Nevermind, guess it was fun while it lasted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:39 pm 

Didn't help for me when I was basically absent for a good while. Oh well. I would love to try to get into the other one but I doubt I can post enough times for it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Hold on! Hold on! MAYBE, just maybe, it isn't dead yet. I have to check a few things...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next