Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: The Mad Sci Wars: The Second Battle
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:38 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

-Brian-

There was silence from the other end of the phone for a few moments. "Z, you say?" General Heisenburg sounded vaguely curious. "Can you bring this chip to us? There's a military station a few miles to the north of the city. As a representative of the United States Military I can promise you full protection from this assailant if you are willing to comply." He paused for emphasis. "Given the current circumstances, we might be able to assist you in tracking them down, if you are willing to help us..."

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:58 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Lily looked at the group, taking votes with her eyes. Finally, she came to a decision.
"Deal. You can stay, though you'll owe us later."

SueTwo looked over at Nicola. "I don't think we have anything like that, but maybe you could come and look at the digging machines? The Rammer's always breaking down, and the Piston gets clogged occasionally-- I'm not sure if you can be of any help, but if you can... thanks in advance."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:45 am 
Established Mad Scientist

"I don't have much actual experience with machines, but I can try," Nicola replied. She didn't have any experience at all with machinery, actually, but it would be interesting to try. If she didn't possess the supposed Mad knack for doing the impossible with nearly anything... well, that could mean any of several things. And she wouldn't be able to find out which one until she'd made sure she hadn't become a genius with machines in the past couple days.

She also made a mental note to talk to Amy sometime; it was nice of her to want to keep Nicola in her area of expertise, but she didn't need to eat, sleep and breathe computers. But she could do that later. For now, she had a new task to attend to. "I can get started right away, if you like. Where are you digging?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:21 am 

Brian smiles to himself, finally he was getting somewhere!

Of course, just give me the address and I'll be out there tonight.

Once the general gives him the details, he hangs up, heads back to the office and grabs the chip, stopping to put together his new EMP glove and ensuring that it doesn't have the same flaw as the last one.

This done, he makes his way to the military installation in question.

Brian gets to the front gate, and winds down the window to speak to the guard.

Brian Johnson, here to see General Heisenburg. Where am I to head to?

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:17 pm 
New Madsci

Thomas

Thomas spent a few moments staring at his gun incredulously. He had no idea how the beam had managed to be reflected by a mirror. Obviously, he would have to rework his theories on how it worked, but before he could get too involved in his calculations, an insistent itching sensation finally caught his attention. Looking down he immediately noticed what was causing it.

"Oh wow leaves. Hmm I wonder if I'm actually growing them or if they're some sort of parasitic plant. Either way I better get out of this gas before I start putting down roots."

Hurriedly he moved out of the gas and walked over to where Col. Phelps was trying to crawl away. "Hello Colonel, I'm afraid I don't have any paper so I can't give you a letter of resignation. Still I wouldn't want to leave without giving you something. Oh, I know I'll give you back that foam you were shooting at me earlier. I'm glad I saved it when I took those guns apart." Reaching into his pockets Thomas pulled out the canisters of foam balls he had salvaged off the guards weapons. Then he proceeded to empty them onto the Colonel.

"I'm not sure how effective they are just dumped out like this instead of fired from a gun, but hopefully that should keep you from trying to test out any more weapons on me. See you later Colonel I really did appreciate getting the chance to test out all the mad tech you gave me."

With that, he turned around walked a few feet away to consider his options and look around.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:41 pm 

-Brian-

"That won't be necessary, civilian." Brian turned around to see that a well-decorated man in a military uniform was standing right behind him where he apparently hadn't been before. "I am General Heisenburg. Now then, please come with me to the tech lab. We're currently examining the remains of a clank one of our associates was able to scrap earlier, and, if you are willing, we would like to examine that chip you brought with you there as well."

He began to walk forward. "I'm not necessarily the most intelligent person, but the clank in question was a unit model known as "Zeta" and you said you were hunted by something known as "Z". It doesn't take a genius to suspect there might be a connection. If there's anything else you can tell us about the person who was hunting you, it might be useful."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Thomas, Molly, and Randall-

Thomas saw the foam on the Colonel's face begin to swell up as he walked past. Walking out of the lab, he could see the hallway branched in two directions, one off to the right, and one off to the left. A sign at the middle of the hallway pointed over to the left, reading "To Surface"

Doors lined either way of the hallway.

(More will be added once others post)

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:34 pm 
New Madsci

(Sorry about the delay. Basically, what Jack wants to do is set the zepplin in stealth mode, and head out to interrogate the first suspect. If that bears fruit... well, they'll go from there. In the meantime, he'll start running profiles on anyone else who might have been able to plant the virus, based on the list of users from the library.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:53 pm 

Brian nods, and falls in behind the General, handing him a small anti-static bag with a silver box visible inside it, and a chip strapped to it.

It's all yours General, as long as I can have the device that it's strapped to back. At the moment it's set to a very small radius, only about a foot, but that's enough to dampen the signal, so should anyone or anything try to tap into the chip, they won't be able to locate it.

And in regards to Z, or Zeta, or whatever that person or thing may be that's after me... I don't know much more than I already told you. However, I do think that the chip we have may prove fruitful.

Somehow, I'm not sure how, Z managed to gain entrance to my home and my place of work and get out. More importantly, I'm not sure why I was targetted, and that's what I'd really like to know.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 pm 
New Madsci

Randall

Randall gets to his feet while watching the other fellow dump the foaming balls on to Phelps. It occurs to Randall that he has to look up at his former almost-boss. "Well, this won't do, what did I get hit by a shrink ray or something?" The itch from the cloud starts to bother him as well, and when he scratches himself, he begins to understand why. "Better and better. It'll take weeks to undo this level of genetic damage." With a sigh, he heads out of the room, glad to be free once more. Assuming freedom lies outside the door. Then he recalls the mouse-thing inside, and calls out to it. "Hey, mousie, if you want to come with me, I can probably fix up that body of yours a bit better than it is right now. I think."

Turning his attention back to the hallway, he spots the sign that says surface. Mostly to himself, he ponders "I wonder if they are sneaky enough to have that go to a trap, since only escaping prisoners wouldn't know it's the wrong way? Still, I've no better options, do I? Not getting much of a severance package from this job, am I? No, I'm not." Putting aside the doubt, he moves as quickly as his shortened body will allow, following the signs that might just lead him to the surface, hoping that at least the mouse follows.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:16 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Finally! After many long hours of hard constant work, Elijah has perfected his new gadgets. He rubbed his heavy sleepy eyes. He lost count how long he went without sleep. The only time his took a break from his work was to grab something to eat from the fridge. He even ignored several knocks on his door. None of that mattered to him at the moment. What DID matter was Elijah was going to get back at the Narbonics, and possibly anyone else he felt like needed a good spanking. He looked at his clock. 12:30. Was that am or pm? Giggling to himself, he packed his gears and opened the door. He had to cover his eyes from the suns rays and squint. That answered that question, even if it did not matter.He quickly set a sign on the door that read "Out for lunch" and set out, whistling and giggling to himself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:50 pm 
New Madsci

Thomas

Thomas was stuck trying to decide whether he should be trying to find a way out of the base or a lab where he could work on all the shiny new ideas that kept popping into his mind. The more he thought about it the more the ideas crowded out the tiny voice yelling at him to run away before the big military guy he had just made very mad managed to get free and come find him. He was in fact about to head to the right when he realized that his two remaining test subjects were heading the other way.

"Hey wait," he shouted as he hurried after Randall. "Your the only person so far whose survived getting hit by my shrink rays. You can't leave I need to examine you. Plus I haven't finished my tests on the mouse yet. If you repair it you'll invalidate all my results."

With one last glance at the right hallway with its presumably fully stocked labs Thomas caught up to Randall and started waking beside him. "So how are you feeling. Any abnormalities? None of my previous test subjects have stayed coherent after being shrunk so I'm not sure what to expect. Oh and have you eaten any oranges lately? For some reason when I tested it on an orange I found in the lab back there the orange exploded. I'm not sure what would happen to an orange you've digested, but if you have eaten one I'm going to stand way back there just in case."

Thomas paused for a moment as he quickly ran down his mental list of social conventions to adhere to when meeting new people, and realized he had forgotten an important step. "Oh and my name's Thomas by the way. What's yours?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:04 pm 
New Madsci

Randall

Realizing the other man is following, Randall provides a running commentary on his condition. "Well, I'm itchy and leafy, but that's likely nothing to do with the shrinking. Other than that, I feel short. And it makes oranges explode? Ugh, wonder how fresh they have to be before they stop exploding? I don't really recall if I've eaten today, much less recently enough for it to blow up... Randall Edmonds, that's my name. Test subject, eh? Guess I've been demoted from genetic engineer."

He ponders for a moment, mentally making sure everything is there and working. "Say, you have a quick and easy way to undo this? I've got a couple ideas, but they will take some time to do. Plus, I'd have to get back to my lab, which is who knows how far away. Hmm, I don't think anything is wrong, but maybe that's because I didn't take a direct hit? I'm far more concerned with these leaves, in the short term. As for the mouse, well, I'd be happy to let you study it first. Didn't know someone was already having fun with it. Hmm, I wonder how it'd feel about speech and full human intelligence? It'd probably try to take over the world, unless I made it dumb and pink..."

He hasn't stopped heading for the apparent exit, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:52 am 
Hyperkeeper

Onboard the zeppelin, Sgt. Diede looked around at the high-tech equipment in the cockpit. One of the technicians had already put the airship in Cloaking Mode, and the engines stood ready to blow the craft through the sky.
Turning to Jack, she raised an eyebrow.
"Very impressive," she said. "Now, where are we going?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Randall and Thomas hurried towards the surface exit, they heard whispering from off in the side corridors.
"We're supposed to stop him!"
"Well, if the big man couldn't, how can we?"
"Well, we could..."
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because it'll go for us!"
"How do you know? Anyway, if we don't, we'll catch it later."
"You're crazy!!"
"Have you got any better ideas?"

Then, one of the voices called out.
"You'll never escape! Bill, send out... the Orangutang!"

With surprising speed, a large, four-armed orangutang ambled out of the hallway. It looked at the two men (and the mouse that was following them) with a slight amount of distaste.
Then, it spoke.

"I don't suppose you have anything to say for yourselves before I destroy you, perchance?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SueTwo explained to Nicola.
"Where are we digging? All over. The Narbonics was once a much larger gang. We had hundreds of girls-- not just us 6. Then, the police came. I'll spare you the details, but we managed to get back on our feet. Sort of. Anyway, we needed a place to hide, and underground seemed perfect. Now, we just have to dig it out."

Curiosity got the better of her.
"Say, why do you need to lay low, anyway?"

~
Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Lily was looking Amy up and down.
"OK. So, while you're here, do you have any skills we could use? We can use all the help we can get right now."
Note to The Snark: Feel free to assign a skills to Amy (or not)-- Prof Z ceded control of the character to you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:22 am 
Hyperkeeper

It appears that, through disinterest, apathy, or just plain lack of people,

MSW2 Has Died.
RIP | FML | Gone, But Not Forgotten

I'm sorry. It's a pity, but... there you go. May what exists of the story linger on, as a sample of what could have been.

And, anyone who still reads this forum: Come join us over on the main story, The Mad Scientist Wars!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13