Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: The Labtable (Mad Sci Wars: Second Battle OOC thread)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:02 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

This is the Out of Character thread for "The Mad Science Wars: The Second Battle)

As to be expected, please post any out of character stuff here. Also, please check any death rays at the door.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject: Re: The Labtable (Mad Sci Wars: Second Battle OOC thread)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:06 am 
New Madsci

Howdy all....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:23 am 

Welcome to the game, everyone!

A few things I just want to let everyone know/remind people of:

1. This game ends with you: As long as there are players that are interested in playing, I will be willing to continue this game. Not that I'm formally the GM or anything, but I can promise that I'll keep hanging around as long as you guys are.

2. This game is open-ended: No plot device or NPC is set in stone here. The world will adapt to how people play in it and what the group decides to do. As I stated before: if everyone decides to work together than threats will arise to threaten everyone. If you decide to squabble amongst each other the world will react accordingly as well. So enjoy.

3: So that people could post their introductions themselves, I've left the opening situation fairly vague. Please let me know if you'd like more details or anything like that.

4. This game will move at the pace everyone sets for it: There's no requirement for how fast or how frequently people have to post. If people post more frequently, the game will move faster. If people post less frequently, the game will slow down. But I'm not going to boot anyone for not posting daily or anything like that. If someone doesn't post for a month or so, and doesn't give me advance notice, I'll assume their character is missing in action or something like that, but I'm not going to kick anyone out for having a real life. However, you should also be aware that the game will move on without you if you disappear for a while, so be prepared to find ways to work yourself back into the game.

5. Last but not least: Remember everyone, have fun!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:47 pm 
Established Mad Scientist

Hooray! Let the madness begin!

I'm going to use Blue for Brian Johnson, and Red for John Bryson. Just so you know...

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:06 pm 
New Madsci

Excellent. *steeples fingers*

I'll use green for William. It is, after all, the color of money. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:11 pm 

Mr. Prast, when he's inevitably introduced, will merely use bold text, unless someone else wants to use that sort.

After all, he's one of the few non-Mads currently involved in the game.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:02 pm 
Hyperkeeper

?????? (my character) will use normal text... after all, he's mostly normal himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:48 pm 

At the moment, I'm waiting for everyone to post once, sort of a kind of forum etiquette that I try to observe.

But it's oh so tempting to post again, and again, and again...

Come on people! Presidential Inaugurations happen every four years, but Mad Scientists don't!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 pm 
New Madsci

Guh, classes started today and I've been busy doing homework stuff for the first time in over a month. I'll have a post up tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:18 pm 

Eh, I can be patient as well. I'm sorry to force you to wait, though, Rei_Jin.

If you want, you can fiddle around in the practice thread and see if anyone (including me) is interested in causing trouble with you.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:20 am 
New Madsci

I'll use red

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:13 am 

Well, if we're picking colors, I think I'll go with this bluish green type color once Ellie actually goes mad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:02 pm 

In the PM I recieved, there was mention of a certain number of posts before I go mad. Now, does that mean my posts, DM posts, or posts in general?

Nevermind, re-reading the message, I now understand.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:05 pm 

WhiteKnight wrote:
[s]In the PM I recieved, there was mention of a certain number of posts before I go mad. Now, does that mean my posts, DM posts, or posts in general?[/s]

Nevermind, re-reading the message, I now understand.

Yes, that's intentional. I wanted to encourage people to post frequently at the beginning of the game, at least, and it seemed like a fairly good way of accomplishing that goal.

Plus, different people got different totals of posts before they snapped, as you may have guessed. No one's going to be waiting TOO long, because the first chapter's all about going Mad, but some of your characters seem more...volatile... than others.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:21 pm 

Volatile? Who's Volatile?

I mean, gelignite is volatile when it gets old, and you shouldn't add Nitric Acid to Glycerine, because that stuff's horribly volatile, but we're not volatile, are we?

I mean, no-ones going to explode, right?

RIGHT???

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:26 pm 
New Madsci

I'm not mad, just determined....

That will lead to madness, but not yet :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:53 pm 

Rei_Jin wrote:
Volatile? Who's Volatile?

I mean, gelignite is volatile when it gets old, and you shouldn't add Nitric Acid to Glycerine, because that stuff's horribly volatile, but we're not volatile, are we?

I mean, no-ones going to explode, right?

RIGHT???

Woah man... calm down. You need some serious clown care, man.

No one is going to explode... well, not physically, anyway.

Actually, that'd be pretty cool. Note to self: make a device to cause people to explode. Hee!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:09 pm 

Yay! I just registered, so I should be able to finally join in the IC thread later this evening. :twisted:

I think my character (Bruce Eccleston) will go with this color for now...

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough." - Frédéric Bastiat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:09 pm 

Introducing a disturbingly effeminate antagonist! He calls himself Adonis!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:13 pm 

I'm glad you decided to bring this game over here Taren, it's so much more stable that the OotS forums.

*Shudder*

By the by, good writing y'all thus far, hope ye like my MAD-ness inducing development.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:15 pm 
New Madsci

An antagonist who has made the worst mistake imaginable. He is in close quarters w/ a Martial artist.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:28 pm 

Rei_Jin wrote:
I'm glad you decided to bring this game over here Taren, it's so much more stable that the OotS forums.

Aaaand GiTP is down again.

This is Giant's fault for making stick figures into a successful webcomic. Erfworld doesn't count: None of the traffic coming in for Erfworld would have existed on that server if OoTS wasn't popular originally.

Well, I guess I'm NOT going to be posting on Cauldron at the moment. Sorry, Rei!

Guess I can just post on this forum instead.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:59 pm 

Guess so.

And I'll wait like a good boy Taren, so you don't have to worry. I won't destroy your game... yet. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 pm 
New Madsci

Its coming soon though *evil leer*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:19 pm 

Eh, I just don't want to have anyone feel left out or left behind or dumped.

Don't get me wrong. I won't be holding the game up a ton. But this is the beginning of the game, and I don't want any players alienated thus far.

And as far as breaking the game goes... *evil grin* You can't, really. These sorts of games are hard to break. But even if you DID manage to do it, remember one thing.

You Mads can beat almost anything, but you can't beat Air Man. So tread lightly... and don't anger anyone who lives in Skull Fortresses.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:21 pm 
New Madsci

Professor Zobot wrote:
You Mads can beat almost anything, but you can't beat Air Man. So tread lightly... and don't anger anyone who lives in Skull Fortresses.

Sure, but William could purchase the land that their fortress sits on and serve them with an eviction notice. A Maaaaaaad eviction notice. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:38 pm 

Baerdog7 wrote:
Professor Zobot wrote:

Sure, but William could purchase the land that their fortress sits on and serve them with an eviction notice. A Maaaaaaad eviction notice. :twisted:

Touche, Baerdog. Touche. I may have to think about something that beats Corporate America. Hmm... this might take a while.

To Clarify: We are waiting for Toxic and The_Snark to post. If these events don't occur by tomorrow, we'll continue.

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 pm 

Sorry to be the cause of delay! Well, part of the cause of delay, anyway. Since we're speaking in colors, Nicola will use this yellow-orange, if it's comprehensible.

... I concede to having experimented with the pretty colors for quite a while. But that's just getting into character!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:13 pm 

Ok... so hopefully Toxic will be able to post soon. Yar!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:08 pm 

There, I have finally joined the IC thread.

Now don't you all kill the metallic beast before Bruce can get a few whacks at it himself, you hear? :wink:

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough." - Frédéric Bastiat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next