Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Character Chat
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:19 pm 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

Michael: *Currently hiding in some bushes* Phew... I'm glad I had that lifelike Michael Dopple-Doll to switch places with me in the chaos of the fight. Otherwise I'd look quite the fool right now.

Lady Drezebel: Hey! Get out of my bush you squatter! *She shoves Michael out of the bushes and he rolls into Frederic, knocking him over*

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:21 pm 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Radcliffe: *swipes some of Jennifer's popcorn* I know righ'. Good fi'ghs are so hard to come bahy away fro'm home.

Thaddeus: How is this a good fight? I've been to your house. I've seen the battle mechs.

Radcliffe: A'hhh this is jus' the pr'lim'naries.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:05 pm 

Fredric: Ha! Right! *smacks the Dopple-Micheal and the real Micheals heads together, before tossing the Doppelganger aside* Man, you always forget th' pheremones. Seriously...

Xerox: Hmm... what do you know. Guess Fredric actiually likes him. No biting so far... is he... yes! Lotus Noogie.- my own special technique.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:21 am 

Michael: Arrgh... how undignified... I didn't wanna have to do this, but you left me no choice. Look behind you! A three headed simian!

*Frederic just glares at him skeptically*

David: I could have told him that wasn't going to work.

Michael: Grah...fine. *He reached into his pocket and tugged out a small ball of powder, tossing it into Frederic's face. Then, his eyes wide in panic, he turned to run*

Khan: *As Michael runs past him* What was that stuff? It smells funny, even from here.

Michael:
Essesnce of Vorpal Bunny Nip! Run for your valuable lives!

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:30 am 

Fredric: ... wot th'... aw, don't tel me you're using that dumb ninja flashbang kinda thing.... *freezes*

Andrew:Oh... no...

Fredric: wheeee!! You're my bestest friends! *kisses Radcliffe on the cheek* *Kisses Claire on the forehead* *runs after Micheal*

nFreddy: ... and goodnight,everybody!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:46 pm 

David: *blinking* Well, that was weird, but not even in my top 10.

Sarcastic:
How the frig is there a vorpal bunny nip, anyway?

Michael: Why did I think that this was a good idea again? *Ducks to avoid Frederic, and hops inside an extra dimensional hole*

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:11 pm 

Claire: ...*blinks*...kind of weird, I guess...

Jennifer: Mmmooorre orrrr lesssss thaaan toaaaasssst?

Claire: Nowhere near *that* weird. *muttering* The bread! And the toaster! And it's either on fire or crunchy but the toasters are always adapted for bread and it makes no sense! *twitches*

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:28 pm 

Andrew: No, no. Wait for it... he's *mad* now. I'll be interested to see the result.

Dr. Rick: And blame me, sweety. Really now, what loving grandmother *wouldn't* devise a naturally growing hallucinogen for their little fuzzy behbe? It's harmless to anyone but a rabbit-based creature, and very nutritious. I hear it replaced clover on a third of the east coast.

Fredric: gahsp! The outer suspicion cloud is oscillating! I must construct! I need two lightning rods and a diving helmet, stat! And it WILL make toast!! Marmalade!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:43 pm 

Claire: Oooh, *this* looks like something I'll understand. Yay! *pulls out two lightning rods and hands them to Fredric, then starts to rummage through a large pile of miscellaneous objects*

Jennifer: *slowly flipping through Claire's backstory* Yyyyouuu and yyyyouuurrr llliightning and explossivesss- hhhhoowww diiiid yyyyouuu laaassst assss loooong asss yyyyouuu diiid at cooollllege?

Claire *holds up a diving helmet* Found one! *to Jennifer* I was trying to behave... and maybe I would sneak out occasionally and blow stuff up in the surrounding area...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:58 pm 

flamma: don't blush too hard or people will think you're a tomato

Radcliffe: Ah'm not blushin'!

Thaddeus: Right...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:29 pm 

Fredric:Hooray! Now if we just swap out the soldier for copper, then we can utilize the properties of quartz! *starts construction* I bet we can even fit an extra raygun in here, don't you think"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:30 am 

Michael: *Standing in front of a Camera, wearing a formal suit and tie* Greetings America. I am known as Michael, and I would like to talk to you tonight about a semi-serious topic of some gravity. Specifically, the dangers of vorpal bunny nip. Over the past 8 hours I have secretly cataloged the behavior patterns of a subject exposed to this substance in a powdered state. Let us watch... the horror.

*Behind him, on a screen, it shows footage of Frederic building stuff*

Michael: Hour 1. This subject, whom we will only refer to as "F", feels the irrational urge to build without direction or goal. He eventually ends up with a large rambly-looking thing that seemingly serves no purpose other than to fire rays at people who get too close to it.

*The footage changes*

Michael:
Hour 2. F feels what he reports is a "Light, tingly sensation" in his feet, and decides to go for a walk. He ends up feeling hungry midway and begins to chew on the foundation of a building in the middle of town square.

*The footage changes again*

Michael: Just at the beginning of hour 3, the foundation finally gives way, and the building collapses. F is unharmed, but of the 150 people inside there were only... 150 survivors. It was a true catastrophe, an incident of public damage on a massive scale. *He shakes his head, mimicking sadness* Such a waste. Such a waste.

*The footage changes again*

Michael:
Hour 4. Subject detects singing and discovers a karaoke bar nearby. F is recorded singing music that he would never even consider were he in a proper state of mind. He actually pulls off "Forever in Blue Jeans" but soon loses coherence when he starts singing the lyrics to "The Snorks" to the tune of "Stairway to Heaven". He's quickly thrown out of the building and mumbles his revenge.

*The footage changes once more*

Michael: Hour 5. Subject becomes belligerent and ornery, and starts punching random people on the street for made-up reasons. Eventually the police are called. Horrifically... he punches them too.

*The screen fades to black*

Michael: Regrettably, our cameraman was also punched out by this out-of-control bunny, and thus we don't have any footage from hour six, as it took our recorder about a half-hour to recover and another half-hour to once again track down F. But here's some footage from hour 7.

*The screen flashes to life again, as we see Frederic Tinker digging a hole underneath his house.*

Michael: As we can see, the subject soon reverted to base rabbity instincts. F began to experience a sudden desire to burrow, and started creating an elaborate network of tunnels underneath his own home. I have been informed that several previously undiscovered fossils were damaged during the excavation, and F got his hands all muddy.

*The footage changes again, showing Frederic falling over underground and falling asleep*

Michael: And finally, as the nip begins to wear off, the subject experiences a last few fleeting spasms of energy, and then falls over, unconscious and dead to the world. Finally, the nightmare is over. I hope now you see, America, that we MUST petition our congressmen to have them make Vorpel Bunny Nip a controlled substance. It really only affects sentient rabbits but it makes them go crazy. Thank you, and good night!

Sarcastic:
*As the camera shuts off* Yeaaaaaah. None of that actually happened, did it?

Michael: Oh, that's actually not for me to decide. If someone else acknowledges it, then it'll become canon. But if it just ends here than I probably just faked it all with a VR room or something.

Sarcastic: But Luc didn't even WRITE Frederic as doing any of that stuff!

Michael:
But if other people acknowledge it as having happened, then it's true by common knowledge. Besides, I really just did it to get amusing footage of Frederic.

Sarcastic: And you were the one to Nip him in the first place!

Michael: Yeah... I actually didn't PLAN on doing that. I was INTENDING on using that sense-incapacitating powder that I used back at the Halloween party, I just reached into the wrong pocket and didn't think until after I did it.

Sarcastic:
And where did you get vorpel bunny nip in the first place?

Michael: Didn't you hear Dr. Rick? It's pretty easy to find!

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:00 pm 

Andrew: Very cute, dear. *pats Micheal on the head* But I think it doesn't look much like a rabbit at all... and really it's more likely he'll just end up eating something and sleeping it off. Although, that was before he went Mad... and is it just me, or does that look an awful lot like the weird throne thing at the end of Metropolis?

Fredric: *hooking up a set of wires* Ha HA! It is FiniShed! With this device... the enigma is finished! The brain cannot think about the brain... and machines cannot complete the proper task...but Magic reacts to Emotions! Just sitting here and your own emotions... will be clear! *clicks a peice of metal into place* Done! And it makes toast! *falls over*

Xerox:... of course, when he wakes up he;s gonna have such a headache...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:09 pm 

Claire: TOAST! *holds up a piece* It's toast! I get it!

Jennifer: Ssssoooo?

Claire: It's crunchy bread and you put jam or butter or marmalade or chocolate syrup or Tabasco sauce on it! I *get* it!

Jennifer: Llllooovellly.

Claire: I'm still not sure what it has to do with toasters, though...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:34 pm 

Xerox: Sweety, I hate to break it to you... but no one else uses Toasters like you do. usually they just make toast, using a super-hot 'oven' effect. It's like how I explained what *most* people use bras for, remember?

Andrew: ... are you sure you diddn't *raise* her?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:51 pm 

Claire: I remember... but... toasters are zappy... and they just make bread catch on fire... and- and- *pauses* How can people not use toasters for the zappy?

Jennifer: Just because her parents forgot a few minor details... it's not like they missed anything *important,* like doomsday devices or deathbots or zapguns or explosives...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:06 pm 

Xerox: Because most toasters look like this. *shows her a regular toaster*. You just use it out of the box- no modifications or anything. *plugs it in, and sets bread in* See? Bread goes in here, coils of metal heat up, and it comes out as Toast. What you call a toaster is more like a Emergency Invigoration Machine.

Andrew: ... you know, my child grew up assuming that people like Harp and wickett are 'normal', but now I don;t feel like I did a bad job...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm 

Claire: *stares at the toaster, perplexed, then slowly puts a piece of bread in* But it's not really a *big* modification... it's just taking out a few of the wires... and adding a few step-up transformers... and some extra power sources... I thought it was just so people could adjust it to their own resistances... *pokes the toaster suspiciously* Are you sure about this? I mean, I understand the theory of heating the bread to make it crunchy, but-

*the toaster starts emitting smoke, causing a sprinkle to go off directly above Claire and soaking her*

Claire: This is so confusing...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:42 pm 

Xerox: ... *shoots out the sprinkler, and takes the bread out* Firecracker*... you're absolutely right. But see, *this* way people who don;t know how to modify it right can just use it for bread.

(*An old pet name for Claire. He has a lot of these- a habit from his Dad)

Luc: Well, Xerox is only Neutral good, after all...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 pm 

Claire: Ok... I guess that makes sense... *wipes water out of her eyes as her hair drips* Can I borrow someone's heat ray? Stupid sprinklers...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:28 pm 

Xerox: *dries her off with his handkerchief* sheesh... we really haven;t changed. Um... since this is out of cannon... there's going to be some... bad stuff. In my head. Just... everyone... please don't pay attention to it!!

Lemon: Don;t worry, boss! No one will judge you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:40 pm 

Thaddeus: Here. *tosses heat ray to Claire* But you might want to adjust the setting so you don't melt your head.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 pm 

Claire: *hugs Prim, then starts to dry things off with the heat ray, only melting a few of them* Aw, don't worry. We're all your friends. Besides, it's not like any of us are in much of a shape to judge... I know I'm glad people aren't going in my head...

Jennifer: Oh, you're just worried they'll find out you had a crush on Shego from Kim Possi- AAAAAGGH! *is attacked*

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 pm 

Xerox: Come to think of it, I'm kinda *dating* Shego.... sorta.

Andrew: are you going to stop them-

Xerox: No.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:02 pm 

Sarcastic: So, I was thinking...

Khan: And?

Sarcastic:
Well, it occurs to me that we're sitting on a potential goldmine here. "The Mad Sci Wars" is a really popular show in some alternate universe somewhere, right?

Khan:
So Dixie De'Ville tells us on those inter-universal transmissions. *He starts cleaning his front left paw*

Sarcastic:
Well, why have we NOT created a pokemon ripoff franchise? We've got dozens of cute fuzzy things we can have fight each other to make sackfuls of cash.

Khan: *Blinks* Wait, what?

Sarcastic: Think about it. We've got Frederic, gazebos, GRUEs, Katty Risk's various plant creatures, Zombie Lagos, regular Lagos, you, robotic arms, Prime, that Popcorn monster, the monsters from the Grand Prix, the Martians, that Shadow creature from the Grand Prix, Amino's chinchillas, Nega-Chic's Poe, Mecha, Sparky, an intelligent coffee machine, Elleb, and whatever other creatures we can scrape out of Tinker's Menagerie. We could program a game about Mads making them fight each other and make millions!

Khan: Uh...

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:23 pm 

Jennifer: *blasts a death ray at Claire, who dodges and slams her into a wall* Ow! Mind-control resistant- But that reminds me... Anson figured out how to upgrade these... *throws a small ball at Claire, who dodges, running right into the path of a second one*

Claire: AAAA! *disappears*

Jennifer: *picks up the ball and climbs out of the surrounding rubble* You mean like this? I have a couple more. I'm not sure who would want to be a trainer, though... And they aren't very comfortable...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:51 pm 

Michael: My real question is, what does Claire evolve into?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:03 pm 

Dr. Smith: This *is* her evolved form. She's a Super Saiyan.

Jennifer: ...does this have anything to do with why her hair is blond now?

Dr. Smitih: Well... it was already spiky, and she's strong and aggressive, so after she got the tail I thought I would just go with the theme.

Jennifer: What tail?

Dr. Smith: Right... it did get cut off, didn't it... someone should figure out how to give her a new one...

Jennifer: I would complain about you trying to make my cousin into a cartoon character, but I just stuffed her into a Pokeball, so I'm not sure how strong my argument would be...

Spam Poison. I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:25 pm 

Sarcastic: It can't be very comfortable for her in there, can it?

-Xin Yun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:40 pm 

Jennifer: Well, it's kind of cramped, and dark, and sometimes it's kind of hard to breath, but it's not sub-zero anymore, which is something. Also, she's probably going to attacking the first being she sees after she's released... trying to train her to be a Pokemon might have been a bad idea...

Spam Poison. I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 49  Next