Comics by Shaenon II

Mad science has never been so cute!
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:51 am 
Mad Scientist Unbelievable

...oh holy geeze.

Crap. We're all screwed. Bluelight's going to friggin' destroy us all. It's getting everyone to turn on everyone else.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:03 am 
Heh heh heh.

GaaAHHH! What's happened to Chic?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:55 am 
Brilliant (but still Mad) Scientist

Quote:

I think it's sorta like this:

{startup program=chicgeek}...loading information...

-subsystem=madness has lost files>reset?-(y/n)

{y}

-restart system=madness-....
-program file=self control lost-

I think of mental processes in my own made up computer language</nerd>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:40 pm 

So:
Fredric is unstable, after being Triggered by an event similar to what drove him mad.
Andrew is out cold.
And Xerox is off his meds.

heh. heh. heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:37 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:

I think That Guy hit the nail on the head here. We normally see Chic at her BEST. And when people go mad they're pretty much at their worst. So yeah... I'd steer clear of her.

Not that that's possible. Or even probable.

"There is a fine line between a good King and a Despot. A King is best when His subjects barely realize that He exists. When His work is done and His will is fulfilled, they will say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:51 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
So yeah... I'd steer clear of her.

Note that Xerox is *running towards* her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:57 pm 

Incidentally, Frederic's advice would have been more helpful if David actually knew HOW to get to M. He's never actually been there before, and as previously established there are layers of security which are tricky to bypass for a naive, currently scared wannabe hero.

Heck, I'm not actually sure if he's even met Xerox yet. Maybe they bumped into each other at the party once or twice, but even then, it was only a brief encounter, rather than anything significant. I actually wanted to have the two of them meet, but then Bowser kidnapped the Princess and I got distracted by videogames.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:58 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Incidentally, Frederic's advice would have been more helpful if David actually knew HOW to get to M. He's never actually been there before, and as previously established there are layers of security which are tricky to bypass for a naive, currently scared wannabe hero.

Hmmm, well, Fredric is still just outside the house. If David catches him to ask, he can at least point him in the right direction.
Hell, David might even get coherency out of him...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:57 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:

Oh, yeah. I'm having Fun! Since I get the pleasure of going mad all over again, why not? Just be glad Chic's not a reality warper like Tinker.

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:10 pm 

Ah, sweet, sweet doomsauce... But, heh, let's see: "How can it possibly get worse?" :twisted:

(Nice one, btw, Chic! I'd hide in the bush, but with all those sparks flying, it probably wouldn't be very safe. ^^)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:46 pm 

Yeesh... things are coming to a frothy head of devastation.

We need a fairy and wonder hound injection.... very quickly.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:05 pm 

Y'know, Chic's the sweet one. But remember-when she originally went mad, she built the earthquake gun and turned it on her head of department-the arrogant sob who stole her research-while he was putting gas in his car. Now, admittedly, she didn't expect the underground gas tanks to blow, making that huge fireball. To say nothing of the crater it left. But she did kill.
Wonder what this time'll be like? :D

Do you think I had the 1st idea what a squidhole was when I invented it? Certainly not! I was just messing about! That's when the very best & very Maddest Science gets done. I thought,Why, this alabaster octopus looks like it wants a nice transmission inside it,& fairly soon I had a thing that obviously had a Use, though what that Use could be was a total mystery.
(Sameness Engine) I haven't the 1st notion of what it's for! That's not why I made it-I made it for the sheer joy of making something new! It's getting up to tell me what it wants me to do, though, I can just feel it. It's been giggling a lot at night.
C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:54 am 
Hyperkeeper

....ugh.

I just got done watching the movie JFK. There's your shadow conspiracies for you, dark. It feels really weird to compare it with our light treatment of the subject, here.

I think my mind hurts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:00 am 

I would have to agree- M is probably the least menacing shadow conspiracy ever. And it is a conspiracy- America's official stance is that no such branch exists, after all.
The JFK stuff... it gets out there.

On a side note, here we see 'Older Brother' a little, someone saying just the right thing to David, and Fredric sacrificing interfering with a a rouge knight to save a queen.
Anyone ever figured out the second facet of Fredric's Madness yet? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:06 am 
Heh heh heh.

See, the difference between Chic and Jane is that, while both of them are Mads, Chic's now gone Mad twice, and Jane's never actually gone Mad the first time--

.......oooooooops, I think I said something I shouldn't have. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:16 am 

Erm, actually I believe the way you've presented it is that she can purposefully bring herself in and out of 'madness', triggering the SMRD in a manner that makes it more useful. Ergo, she's never 'gone' mad.

But that still means she *has* SMRD, so I don't see much of a difference, frankly.
I would pay more attention to the concept of familly Spark styles if I were you...

By the way, on Xerox... the big secret? I his heart, he just wishes everyone would play nice and try to get along. He wishes everyone could do what they like to do, and never be bothered by the mean people.
Yeah, that's right. Under the grump and scorn he's an idealist. Poor man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:23 am 
Heh heh heh.

Maybe I should explain. Jane's abilities of focusing her Madness, when taken in conjunction with enabling/disabling it at will, are practically unheard of. It's simply not possible. Even on the rare person or two who has one of those traits naturally, they've gone Mad first the standard way: cataclysmically. Focus PLUS Enable/Disable PLUS being technically Latent? It's almost as if--

....ooooooops, there I go shooting off my mouth again... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:08 am 

...and Frederic's heading straight towards Jane right now.

The poor little bunny's doomed!

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:23 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:
....ooooooops, there I go shooting off my mouth again... :twisted:

.... can I put my foot down a bit here? Please, please ease off on the forshadowing. Yes, Jane is very special. Yes, she has a unique ability. But she *is* still on the same level of ability as most of the cast, alright?

or at least pay attention to what i keep trying to say...

Professor Zobot wrote:
The poor little bunny's doomed!

Indeed. The super strenght, self healing, near invulnerable, strategist has no chance whatsoever. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:47 pm 
Heh heh heh.

All right. It's just buildup to the end of Chapter 12. I didn't mean to imply that Jane was more powerful than the other characters.

...it's just that it's so fun to torment you with vague hints and speculations, that's all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:04 pm 

Poor David. He's lucky that Xerox is actually doing a suprisingly good job of calming down Chic. That, and the fact that she really doesn't *want* to kill anyone.
Okay, David's temporarily immobile. If she doesn't let him go, she'll have Xerox after her. If she does let him go, he'll try to attack her again.
Decisions, decisions.
So, will Xerox lead her back to M, or will more mads join the fray? Hmm...
Please excuse my hamming this up-but going mad is fun!

C Valente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:12 pm 

Jane Narbon wrote:
...it's just that it's so fun to torment you with vague hints and speculations, that's all!

Geh. I would just rather not know until it happens... and I'm getting antsy about Andrew. :(

chicgeek wrote:
So, will Xerox lead her back to M, or will more mads join the fray? Hmm...
Please excuse my hamming this up-but going mad is fun!

Or, you know, Xerox might do something stupid. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:20 pm 
Hyperkeeper

Jane Narbon wrote:

I'm starting to think that it's not the character that's been corrupted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:37 pm 

Poor Chic. I feel sorry about Thad shooting her. This is due to his unfortunate weakness. By denying his own feelings he forgets that others still have them.

On the level of his mind that is only math he thinks that if shooting her doesn't harm her it isn't bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:41 pm 

He's gonna get bawled out by Xerox, you realize. Really, seriously bawled out....
And Xerox is talking about a base truth about himself.
Imagine, if you will, a computer programmed in basic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:52 pm 

I should say one thing here:

Sarcastic's view of Heroes here is her OWN opinion, nothing else. It stems from her experience with comic books, video games, and cartoon shows. that is all.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 pm 

Quote:
Then a large, multicolored werewolf ate him. Or at least it seemed like it at first.

Zobot, please note that Thaddeus is no longer multicolored. I have/will get rid of that in the Halloween thread.

I mentioned a while back that he wasn't but you might not have noticed. So please a quick edit would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:57 pm 

Terribly sorry, Thad! I'll fix it now.

-Xin Yun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:01 pm 

Professor Zobot wrote:
Sarcastic's view of Heroes here is her OWN opinion, nothing else. It stems from her experience with comic books, video games, and cartoon shows. that is all.

Aw, I don;t mind that- most Heroes are a little... senseless, at times. But i take offense at her maligning of the spirit bomb technique!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:24 pm 
Hyperkeeper

WHOA! This topic has achieved a length of 3000 posts! Congrats, guys!

Anyway, to facilitate ease of reading, I'm going to archive this topic and make a new, empty full Lounge topic. Thanks!

Last edited by SoItBegins on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100